Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 8, 2020 5:36 PM

Sep 2010
astroprogs said:
The other way absolutely happens. Sanzo references the Journey to the West event in Camelot and Ritsuka and Musashi reference Onigashima in Babylonia and Shimousa respectively.

Generally, events are canon unless stated otherwise.

Those are used as four wall jokes, and a vast majority are even put in optional dialogue and jokes. There's a separation between main story from fanservice things as events during the main arcs.

"Tell me" is absolutely lovely.
ThessFeb 8, 2020 5:41 PM
Feb 8, 2020 6:12 PM
May 2017
Anime-only won't know the true pain of dealing with Ushiwaka's clones in the game.

An entire ED song for Siduri, GOD this shit hit me harder than Gilgamesh's Enuma Elish if he ever gonna use it in the anime.

Feb 8, 2020 6:25 PM
Feb 2015
Thess said:

Those are used as four wall jokes, and a vast majority are even put in optional dialogue and jokes. There's a separation between main story from fanservice things as events during the main arcs.

Going to be interesting to see how they deal with the Solomon chapter if it is ever depicted in official media. It's a "main-record" chapter, yet every servant from every side-event up to that point (except for the Summer Event) is prominently featured in the final assault on the Temple of Time.
Feb 8, 2020 6:50 PM
Jan 2017
Fate/Grand Order delivers yet another fine episode! The battle for Mesopotamia continues and things get progressively worse for the heroes. I've always liked this show for its excellent character writing, and this time, Kingu gets a moment of sadness and regret, as he thinks about all he has done in Tiamat's name and he's forced to confront life with a whole new perspective. At the same time, Ritsuka and Mash are forced into a difficult situation (what else is new?) when an old friend becomes an enemy. Sure, the show points out that Kingu and Ushiwakamaru are not the same people the heroes have now, they're entirely different people with similar faces, but it still must be very hard for the heroes to take a stand against people who just so happen to look and behave like the people they've known. However, if they are to succeed, they must cast those hesitations aside and push forward. I'm really enjoying this show and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Feb 8, 2020 7:42 PM
Oct 2019
RIP siduri....
my heart
Feb 8, 2020 7:57 PM

Feb 2014
Damn it. Just feels really bad to see Siduri go out like that.

kevinpina013 said:
is it only me that when heard the ed was expecting that "you wanna make me go" part from vinland saga ed?

Well every song by millet screams that now.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 8, 2020 8:05 PM

Sep 2010
Ozraptor4 said:

Going to be interesting to see how they deal with the Solomon chapter if it is ever depicted in official media. It's a "main-record" chapter, yet every servant from every side-event up to that point (except for the Summer Event) is prominently featured in the final assault on the Temple of Time.

In an Extra "Trash bin" place as fanservice, just to keep it vague. I clarify I don't mean to say events aren't canon, just that their existence never impacts the main storyline when a main arc plays. So Chaldea can be 20-something people struggling to keep everything running solo in part 1 and they had nobody to protect them in the finale which is what the main story displays. Part 2 offers a way to limit these to not break the "Underdog" vibe because they can't take more than 3 Servants on the Shadow Boarder (plus half of those events don't make a lick of sense with the main story timeline). They are like Eclipse of FHA in a sense they happen and you (in a four wall way) know it happens but they aren't strictly working with the main storyline except during 'breathers' like Epic of Remnants. It's for the best to not think too deeply about it.
ThessFeb 8, 2020 8:10 PM
Feb 8, 2020 8:31 PM
Jan 2020
F for Siduri

No matter how threatening she looks, I can't take Tiamat seriously when she has Re:Zero Beatrice's eyes
Feb 8, 2020 10:01 PM

Jul 2016
i knew this episode would break me. the Siduri scene just tore me apart in the game and hearing her here and seeing that just hurts so bad. she deserved so much better but at least they gave her the proper sendoff she deserved. that tribute ED to Siduri was beautiful and i'd expect nothing less for like the best side character in all of FGO ;~;

i'm very much excited for what's to come now especially after seeing the Lahmus and then Ushi Alter vs Team Humanity. the next few fights are gonna be pure unadulterated hype and i'm so goddamn hyped for the final showdown. this show hasn't let me down a single time throughout its run and now that we're entering the final parts, really hoping they keep up that streak :]
Feb 8, 2020 10:08 PM
Jul 2013
682x said:
F for Siduri

No matter how threatening she looks, I can't take Tiamat seriously when she has Re:Zero Beatrice's eyes

In the game, she's meant to have scar cross-shaped eyes that go all the way. In the anime, they look more like butterflies. For some reason, they went for cute instead of "eerily beautiful"

Still a good episode though.
Feb 8, 2020 10:11 PM

Jan 2011
Big Ooof looks like FGO still hasn't gotten away from the evil Ryu ,ken of dark skin = evil

still sad to see Siduri go in the end

also add to see 2 new EDs when we still haven't gotten a new OP lol like are even gonna get one at this rate
Feb 9, 2020 12:55 AM

Aug 2010
Thess said:
astroprogs said:
The other way absolutely happens. Sanzo references the Journey to the West event in Camelot and Ritsuka and Musashi reference Onigashima in Babylonia and Shimousa respectively.

Generally, events are canon unless stated otherwise.

The bits with Musashi and Ushi are optional, true, but Sanzo outright tells Ritsuka that he may not remember it, but they've met before. This isn't optional nor is it breaking the fourth wall.

The separation between the events and main story comes from the fact that events are temporary with limited-time to access them and they have to account for the people who haven't played them by not referencing them too much. It has nothing to do with their canon status.

682x said:
F for Siduri

I'll destroy all of humanity, I suppose.
Feb 9, 2020 1:01 AM

Oct 2017
Ugh, won't they change that mess of a song in the OP ?!?
New ED is fine.
Feb 9, 2020 1:37 AM
Jun 2017
those lahmu's never fail to amuse me every week FGO is being aired... just their laugh will make you stress when you hear them... and now it has subtitles with what they are saying..

and RIP SIDURI... (just check the new ED OST)... that smile is so precious..

and now we have the BEAST II-- tiamat.. and my favorite sound/ voice... cant wait when they will facing such enemy...

(ohh and as a FGO NA player, cant wait next year when King protea will arrive in NA... its gonna be a great battle of voice. hahaha)
Feb 9, 2020 2:02 AM

Sep 2010
astroprogs said:
The separation between the events and main story comes from the fact that events are temporary with limited-time to access them and they have to account for the people who haven't played them by not referencing them too much. It has nothing to do with their canon status..

That's just a light reference that is a 'eastern egg' and nothing else. Rather than look up trivialities and minor picks, you should ask instead why the headquarters are without any Servant except Da Vinci and Mashu during the main story.
Feb 9, 2020 2:35 AM

Aug 2010
Thess said:
astroprogs said:
The separation between the events and main story comes from the fact that events are temporary with limited-time to access them and they have to account for the people who haven't played them by not referencing them too much. It has nothing to do with their canon status..

That's just a light reference that is a 'eastern egg' and nothing else. Rather than look up trivialities and minor picks, you should ask instead why the headquarters are without any Servant except Da Vinci and Mashu during the main story.

A mention is a mention. If something gets referenced in canon, it's canon. I'm sorry, but there's no arguing against that.

Servants absolutely do exist in Chaldea, as seen in EoR, which is obviously canon as well. Them staying at all times or not is a point that can be argued, but that's it.

Again, you're missing the point of limited-time events. They just can't go all out in referencing them because of the people who haven't played them. But the fact that they're referenced at all makes this a pretty open and shut case.
Feb 9, 2020 3:20 AM

Feb 2018
Ahhh shit, the ED got me really bad. R.I.P Siduri [*]
Feb 9, 2020 5:11 AM

Apr 2014
Another amazing episode. I read all the Singularities, so I thought that I was ready for what was coming, but guess that I wasn't. RIP Siduri.
Feb 9, 2020 5:34 AM

Sep 2010
astroprogs said:
A mention is a mention. If something gets referenced in canon, it's canon. I'm sorry, but there's no arguing against that.

Again, you're missing the point of limited-time events. They just can't go all out in referencing them because of the people who haven't played them. But the fact that they're referenced at all makes this a pretty open and shut case.

It's a reference of a deja vu as a four-wall wink nudge toward the self-insert (and thus the player), and not a part of the plot. You're missing the point is for fanservice to those who play it and not to establish a deep connection to the main storyline. Even when the reference sometimes is made as foreshadowing such as Musashi talking about Pele in Russia which wasn't even acknowledged as something of Mashu's knowledge (and that Summer even is dubious in taking place at all; to put it bluntly, the timeline just doesn't fit, even if it could have happened in 2018).

Servants absolutely do exist in Chaldea, as seen in EoR, which is obviously canon as well. Them staying at all times or not is a point that can be argued, but that's it.

Of course they were, in Epic of Remnants. But they weren't around in the main story in Observer. At no time they appear or are mentioned in Observer as a part of Chaldea at all. On the other hand, they do get a mention in Cosmos despite not showing them most of the time. The new condition of the Shadow Border allows only a limited number of Servants so the number in Chaldea is very irrelevant to try to make them look 'underdog.'
ThessFeb 9, 2020 5:41 AM
Feb 9, 2020 6:14 AM
Sep 2018
Thess said:
astroprogs said:

Of course they were, in Epic of Remnants. But they weren't around in the main story in Observer. At no time they appear or are mentioned in Observer as a part of Chaldea at all. On the other hand, they do get a mention in Cosmos despite not showing them most of the time. The new condition of the Shadow Border allows only a limited number of Servants so the number in Chaldea is very irrelevant to try to make them look 'underdog.'

They do. I'm too lazy to lazy to search the entire story, but the easy one is right at the end. Where mashu asks da vinci what's gonna happen to all the servants and da vinci answered they already left aside from da vincin who was already there since the beginning and those who couldn't just leave us.

There are also the interludes, unless you're one of those people that claim interludes aren't canon.
Feb 9, 2020 6:21 AM

May 2008
katsu044 said:
Big Ooof looks like FGO still hasn't gotten away from the evil Ryu ,ken of dark skin = evil

As with Emiya Alter, this is because of skin necrosis.

If you list all FGO Servants having a "Evil" alignment, you won't get a significant correlation with skin color.
Feb 9, 2020 6:53 AM

Feb 2014
RIP Siduri. Her scene where she saves Kingu from dying as she dies herself had more impact on me here than in the game. Plus, she even got her own ED from Milet for this episode, too. That was really touching. ='(

Ushiwakamaru has returned, but she's completely part of Tiamat now. Anime-only viewers get to see for the first time how tough she is here, but other FGO players, like myself, will get flashbacks at how tough she was to fight against in the game. Maybe tough is putting it lightly. I guess the word "evil bastard" would be more fitting. Either way, I had a hard time against her in the game that left me a bit scarred... X_X

Overall, this episode was brilliant. From the emotional moment between Kingu and Siduri to the great battle animation against the corrupt Ushiwakamaru. This episode had it all. =D
Feb 9, 2020 8:11 AM

Mar 2010
I was thinking the hologram magic thingy looked very similar to certain something, and then Gilgamesh hit me with this line straightaway >___>

Also RIP Siduri uwu

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Feb 9, 2020 8:31 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
A good episode in a while.

3/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 9, 2020 9:53 AM

Mar 2014
astroprogs said:
RIP Siduri...

:'(

So sad....I'm going to miss her
Feb 9, 2020 11:38 AM

Jan 2015
SIDURIIIII (ಥ﹏ಥ)
I never asked for this twice.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Feb 9, 2020 4:05 PM

Jan 2011
Ruzgfpegk said:
katsu044 said:

As with Emiya Alter, this is because of skin necrosis.

If you list all FGO Servants having a "Evil" alignment, you won't get a significant correlation with skin color.

that's true with their amount of cast of characters and i bet most of artist try to do it because they want it to look cool but there's lots of ways you can make a character evil like they already do with out having their skin get darken but whatever not too big of a deal for me i just see and think we still doing this huh
Feb 9, 2020 6:17 PM

Aug 2019
oh jesus that was a fine episode.
oh mah lord the Siduri scene was NOT healthy for my fucking heart, oh lord you bet i cried buckets. That entire scene with Siduri thanking Kingu was just uhuhuhh no please stahp D:
Corrupted Ushiwakamaru appearing made me scream. I don't know why. I knew it was coming. I still screamed the entire time during that scene. Hay i mean the fight scene was good ? hugs my max grailed ushi, please dont leave me :c
ok new ED like cloverwork whoever is the person advising what songs to use, give them a promotion. These song choices are soo fitting and the art for the end matches perfectly.
But oooow that last frame of Siduri at the end. OUCH.
Feb 9, 2020 7:58 PM
Mar 2015
The preliminaries are over Time to kick Tiamat's butt
Feb 9, 2020 9:15 PM

Jul 2016
Uhm, I wonder if Siduri's death would have affected me harder if I would have played the game... I mean, I admit her moment with Kingu was sad and all but for some reason, I didn't find it that touching. The special ED dedicated to her was a quite nice detail tho.

Anyways, another nice episode. The Lahmu still remain as creepy as I expected and as if things couldn't get worse, now Tiamat has the grail with her. Romani has a plan to deal with this outcome but let's see if it actually will make any difference.

Ushi also returned but quickly left after another nice fight sequence. She didn't last long so I wonder if this was actually the last time we will see her.
And on a side note, I really liked how straightforward Ritsuka was when they encountered her. I was expecting him to waver a lot more but he composed himself rather quickly, which I found rather nice.
Feb 10, 2020 2:59 AM

Aug 2009
SouthRzVa said:
Uhm, I wonder if Siduri's death would have affected me harder if I would have played the game... I mean, I admit her moment with Kingu was sad and all but for some reason, I didn't find it that touching. The special ED dedicated to her was a quite nice detail tho.

Anyways, another nice episode. The Lahmu still remain as creepy as I expected and as if things couldn't get worse, now Tiamat has the grail with her. Romani has a plan to deal with this outcome but let's see if it actually will make any difference.

Ushi also returned but quickly left after another nice fight sequence. She didn't last long so I wonder if this was actually the last time we will see her.
And on a side note, I really liked how straightforward Ritsuka was when they encountered her. I was expecting him to waver a lot more but he composed himself rather quickly, which I found rather nice.

You dont really learn more about her tbh.

All you need to get from the series is that she was the only one still waiting for Gil to return from his quest for immortality and supported him as much as she could.
Behind every great man is a great woman and all that.

Adding her personality and that's it.

It would probably help more to learn what a mess Gil was after Enkidu's death.
Feb 10, 2020 5:03 AM

Jan 2010
KotarouDL said:
Anime-only won't know the true pain of dealing with Ushiwaka's clones in the game.

especially the fight where
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Feb 10, 2020 8:06 AM
Nov 2019
I suppose they wont end benkei in some way then..also i cant really overlook the exposition dumping inbetween the fight with the flying lahmu
though they showed great care for siduri, which is awesome, together with the new ed
Feb 10, 2020 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
The scene with Siduri just hits harder in animated format. They did it justice. It pained me so hard.

Overall, while I don't think Babylonia is the greatest Fate out there, far from it honestly, it's definitely the one I'm most satisfied with as an adaptation. Whatever problems I have with the anime are just small nitpicks on my part or are either already present in the original source itself.

Can't believe Cloverworks is doing a better adaptation of a Fate material than ufotable yikes
Feb 11, 2020 8:18 PM
Feb 2016
The animation of the battle against ushiwaka is really nice altho i’m still disturbed by the sound effects. I'm really looking forward for the final battle. Damn, can't believe I'm shedding tears because of siduri and then they gave an ending in order to commemorate her. They really played us dirty fucking CW...need more of that maju sense babylonia soundtrack!!!! And my primordial beast can't be this cute! Who's tiamat seiyuu btw? Is it yuuki aoi??
Feb 12, 2020 1:33 PM

May 2018
So shit hits the fan that hits the shit that hits the fan that hits the
Feb 12, 2020 1:34 PM

May 2018
zebdal said:
KotarouDL said:

especially the fight where

just be glad that they're all berserkers
Feb 13, 2020 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is like a tribute to Siduri, just look at the ED visuals! and damn! performer milet is amazing! her voice is like a modern american singer but actually japanese!
5/5.

Feb 15, 2020 8:33 PM

Aug 2018
Fuck fuck fuck
A lot of best girls died in this series
After Ana, now its Siduri and my fav girl Ushiwaka (hope she's still alive) fucking fuck dude

That last moment of siduri was a tearjearker
and they made an ED just for her and the time she spent with Enkidu and Gilgamesh : (
SOP-IIFeb 15, 2020 8:38 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 20, 2020 11:46 PM

May 2016
Ah Siduri :’(
Tiamat is not that monstrous as she rumours to be.
Feb 22, 2020 6:23 PM

Jul 2009
Siduri scene got me good. I honestly couldn't care less for Kingu tbh, but seeing Siduri like that was just :'(

Loved the fight scene with Ushi. The cool sound design in the Fate series still constantly amazes me.
Mar 7, 2020 2:42 PM
Apr 2016
Sad that they revived the poor woman... she was nice.
Mar 16, 2020 1:33 PM

Aug 2017
I only cared about the Siduri/Kingu emotional scene and especially Siduri's death.

The rest was just characters acting dumb, I mean, they could just ignore Ushiwaka or at least may some keep her busy as they try to capture the Lahmu. The Holy Grail is much important than that lol.

Anyway, Siduri's death makes me forgive that dumb scene they did. 4(5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 16, 2020 10:51 AM

Mar 2010
Not enough mash but nb for a hype up episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 13, 2020 7:31 PM

Dec 2018
I think Siduri considers Enkidu as more than a friend.

Well, Benkei or whatever his real name is will probably return.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 4, 2020 1:28 AM
Apr 2020
Damn it... Siduri....
Sep 15, 2020 8:35 AM

Feb 2018
Damn, why must Siduri, huh? I have no more reason to watch this.
Jul 10, 2021 8:22 AM

Sep 2020
ed is fucking incredible
Nov 21, 2021 12:07 AM

May 2021
Tiamat lookimg kinda thick
Inhales oxygen
Jan 6, 2022 6:47 AM

Apr 2013
An okay episode I guess? The fighting was quite nice.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» watch order

Strat2005 - May 17

9 by n7pidgey »»
May 20, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.