Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 29, 2019 11:48 AM

Sep 2017
Bravo. My only complaint on this episode is I wish we got to see more fighting with the EX-Drive or whatever. Shem-Ha went down too quick. But man what an end. Even with a mostly mediocre series like Symphogear, there's just something special about watching a grand finale 5 seasons deep. It was a wicked ride.
Sep 29, 2019 11:53 AM

May 2015
UncleJojo said:
DarknessReality said:
This was a pretty decent episode. The Shem Ha fight was WAAAAAAY too short though for being the final fight of the entire franchise. Half an episode really?!?! Adam got at least 3 building up his fight.

They tried to make up for Miku's little involvement at the end there but too little too late in my opinion. However she did look absolutely beautiful in that gear with what looked like a vail. Sucks we didn't get a song from her.

Miku is the biggest disappointment of XV with her having WAAAY too little screen time especially towards the end. I hoped we'd get Miku gear in like episode 11 or 12 so she could fight more.

This episode kind of just felt rushed but I guess Symphogear does that a ton anyway so whatever.

But that last scene though. We've been waiting for sooooo long to finally here what these "feelings" that Hibiki and Miku have AND THEY END WITH THAT SHIT!!!! Seriously what a cop-out! JUST TELL US!!! That felt unsatisfying as hell being a humungous HibiMiku fan. You literally just had to put three words in and it would be great.

I was hoping they'd at least make up for Miku not being around much by making them kiss or something which they even teased but NOPE!

Overall XV was greatly disappointing final season but It had its good stuff like animation and music.

Im going to go re-watch season 1 to relive my original Symphogear hype then I might re-watch XV as I might be more forgiving of it after a re-watch. (Probably wont be)
Despite it’s flaws. XV was great experience. The Symphogear franchise has my spot in my all time anime franchises of all time. We still have the newest Symphogear Live coming soon, and who knows? Maybe they might tease a new season, movie, or a new generation of gears. Aoi Yuuki, Nana Mizuki and the rest of the cast kicked ass these past seven years with their acting and singing chops. I still appreciate your thoughts on this season. Twas a fun seven year ride.

I hope its not like a next generation thing. In my opinion Symphogear is about the characters not the world. So if they made a series without Hibiki, Tsubasa, Miku, Chris, etc, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

I do hope they make a movie but considering they lost their gears at the end it'll probably have to be a side story to a previous season. That or I hope they make like a slice of life OVA like Railgun did.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 29, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 2019
DarknessReality said:
UncleJojo said:
Despite it’s flaws. XV was great experience. The Symphogear franchise has my spot in my all time anime franchises of all time. We still have the newest Symphogear Live coming soon, and who knows? Maybe they might tease a new season, movie, or a new generation of gears. Aoi Yuuki, Nana Mizuki and the rest of the cast kicked ass these past seven years with their acting and singing chops. I still appreciate your thoughts on this season. Twas a fun seven year ride.

I hope its not like a next generation thing. In my opinion Symphogear is about the characters not the world. So if they made a series without Hibiki, Tsubasa, Miku, Chris, etc, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

I do hope they make a movie but considering they lost their gears at the end it'll probably have to be a side story to a previous season. That or I hope they make like a slice of life OVA like Railgun did.
Was it really confirmed that the gang lost their gears? It might be that or they probably shut down from Yggdrasil overloading
Sep 29, 2019 1:04 PM

May 2015
UncleJojo said:
DarknessReality said:

Was it really confirmed that the gang lost their gears? It might be that or they probably shut down from Yggdrasil overloading

There's been a lot of debate on it and it wont be confirmed until the key words come out but I did re-watch the scene and paused it and it looked like Hibiki's pendant shattered into pieces.
Sep 29, 2019 9:30 PM

May 2015
HelaLove said:
Tarotist said:
It's just so unfortunate that I had to lose an ear this year, so I couldn't appreciate the music as much, but I really thank Satelight for creating Symphogear and having me experience it. I hope this sells well so that Satelight can get some leverage for the future. Thank you Symphogear staff.

Seriously, that's sad but now are you ok?

Well I've recovered, but my left ear is deaf forever. It's terrible. I won't be able to enjoy most things from now on. I guess that's what I get for playing Testament on full blast. Warning to others: take care of your ears, and don't turn up the volume to the max. Losing your hearing is one of the worst things to happen to you, so don't take your hearing for granted.
Sep 29, 2019 10:14 PM
Jan 2010
DarknessReality said:
UncleJojo said:

There's been a lot of debate on it and it wont be confirmed until the key words come out but I did re-watch the scene and paused it and it looked like Hibiki's pendant shattered into pieces.

They'll find a way to fix them... They did in GX iF they make a movie...
Sad that it ended, but Happy...
Sep 30, 2019 4:31 AM
Dec 2018
Tarotist said:
HelaLove said:

Seriously, that's sad but now are you ok?

Well I've recovered, but my left ear is deaf forever. It's terrible. I won't be able to enjoy most things from now on. I guess that's what I get for playing Testament on full blast. Warning to others: take care of your ears, and don't turn up the volume to the max. Losing your hearing is one of the worst things to happen to you, so don't take your hearing for granted.

Man that's horrible, and the experience will be never the same, I hope you will enjoy the life. ^_^
Sep 30, 2019 9:12 AM
Nov 2012
Unfortunate that the finale song is the only song that lacked subtitles. I would have been happy even if they werent translated (but still latin alphabet), just wanted *something* to have an inkling about what they sang about (I dont understand jp, but I do know a rare few select words). Can't make it out over the noise, err I mean music, and other ppl speaking while reading their subs.

And as always, this anime delivers a finale that is tailor made just to annoy the viewers. Although this time there was less blatant of a middle-finger to physics and "drill to pierce the heavens"-ery. I never understood *why* symphogear always manages to hype us up for the finales, only to then purposefully break any tension and hype. But I have come to expect it, and at this point it only feels right for symphogear to end on this note. I didn't notice them shouting any single word to death this time though (remember that time when they just shouted "symphogear" over and over?), which was a bit odd. But thankful.
Sep 30, 2019 9:36 PM

Nov 2009
The only good thing about this season is Miku finally equipping a symphogear after what feels like eternity since back when she temporary turned an evil sympho (I don't remember by now what season it was) 6/10
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 30, 2019 10:56 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode. Finale didn't quite match the hype but that's hype culture for you.

Only real problems is that they shouldn't have brought back SSJ and the force ghosts were stupid.
Oct 5, 2019 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
So Carole is the only casualty of all this planetary scale chaos?
4/5.

Oct 6, 2019 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
Hibiki declares her lesbo dominance. Well we finally got Miku-gear for real (somehow, don't think about it). They overpowered it with the tokusatsu-style MINNA NO OMOI, and then sang together until everything self-destructed. Rip Carol.

Shem-Ha's tactics were cool but also cliche; didn't really explore her powers at all, like her time rewind shit never was figured out, they just haxed through it (would have made sense to be something where you have to beat her in 1 shot so she can't rewind). All in all everything was going at a million miles an hour, and i could barely keep up. The jump cuts, and trying to tie up way too many loose ends and emotional arcs with no time to do it properly...

WaterLord said:
What this show was back then, and what it is now... WHAT. A. FUCKING. IMPROVEMENT

Everything about this season was epic, i don't even remember a time when i DIDN'T have a single goosebump in every episode. That has got to say something of how i feel about this season already, right? Everything was wild, action packed, story driven, character driven... DAMN! It didn't even catch a break, and that's just how i love it!

It's a solid 9/10, definitely one of the best anime airing this year, i dare say it.
I find it kind of interesting you say that. I will agree hands-down there was many awesome goosebump moments, and is definitely an improvement on most of the seasons, however i still find it lacks the intense factor of season 1. Well by that i mean that yes this season was over the top dialed up to 11 action packed hype train extravaganza, but it all happened so quick, and is missed a lot of the really impactful stuff of season 1.

. . .
I remember back when season 1 first aired, an that opening scene and everythign that came after it, was so heavy and dark and real feeling... It hit all the right notes, from a a level of high stakes reality and horror in some senses, while strapping an electronica-fueled rocket of crazy awesome music-based powers... This wasn't no Macross stuff where oh man singing made people understand eachother yadda yadda, it was literally the energy source. This crazy mash of contrasting themes and potency knocked me off my feet hard. Had i not seen Madoka Magica before it, this show would have introduced dark heavy magical girl concepts.

I miss when Symphogear was more keenly aware of the fact it was a novel concept and went to the max with it, and blew expectations out of the water. Sure the premise was strange and seems campy, but it gave to little fucks that it went full damn awesome despite it. Over it's lifespan it became enfranchised and started building on it's fanbase and hype, rather than sticking with it's original audacious independence.

DarknessReality said:
This was a pretty decent episode. The Shem Ha fight was WAAAAAAY too short though for being the final fight of the entire franchise. Half an episode really?!?! Adam got at least 3 building up his fight.
Agreed, way too short, and wayyy too rushed.

DarknessReality said:
They tried to make up for Miku's little involvement at the end there but too little too late in my opinion. However she did look absolutely beautiful in that gear with what looked like a vail. Sucks we didn't get a song from her.

Miku is the biggest disappointment of XV with her having WAAAY too little screen time especially towards the end. I hoped we'd get Miku gear in like episode 11 or 12 so she could fight more.
Yeah Miku just kinda showed up suddenly "hey wait for me!!" ... meanwhile my face is just deadpan. My idea of Hibiki like punching Shem-Ha out of Miku or something and then it being them vs Shem-Ha with a more prolongued and epic battle (maybe the turning point being when getting the shenshoujing or w/e it's called out and having that OP beam that cancels stuff out or w/e as the finishing blow... Or maybe Miku not into that, and the rest of them beat Shem-Ha but needed Miku's gear to stop the yggdrasil thinger... giving Miku her own solo song etc for it. They should hire me as a writer hahah!

DarknessReality said:
But that last scene though. We've been waiting for sooooo long to finally here what these "feelings" that Hibiki and Miku have AND THEY END WITH THAT SHIT!!!! Seriously what a cop-out! JUST TELL US!!! That felt unsatisfying as hell being a humungous HibiMiku fan. You literally just had to put three words in and it would be great.

I was hoping they'd at least make up for Miku not being around much by making them kiss or something which they even teased but NOPE!
It's a troll. Well actually it's more of a tactic. If it's left open like tha ti'll keep people yappin about it for some time, keeping interest in it alove for longer.

DarknessReality said:
Im going to go re-watch season 1 to relive my original Symphogear hype then I might re-watch XV as I might be more forgiving of it after a re-watch. (Probably wont be)
Not a bad idea. I might just do that myself.

UncleJojo said:
DarknessReality said:

This episode kind of just felt rushed but I guess Symphogear does that a ton anyway so whatever.

Overall XV was greatly disappointing final season but It had its good stuff like animation and music.

DarknessReality said:

You'd be surprised how well it can be done. Dunno if either of you watch/read the Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru franchise, where they have multiple generations, up to 300 year separation, each with their own sets of beloved characters.

If they make a new Symphogear, i hope they take more time to take it slow, not overreach so much on characters and unnecessary plots - sell the story and concept to it's potential. For instance, with a lot of the best and most refined sci-fi, you have a single premise or question, and then extrapolate and expand on that idea as much as possible, fleshing out all of it's potential ramifications through and through to make a really fascinating world and story. A lot of the best told anime don't try to overkill on the characters (unless they are REALLY good at developing multiple characters parallel to eachother, but that's advanced literary skills), and focus more on diving deep and exploring nuances.

Let's take for example raildex series, ignoring that there'sa lot of characters and the author is a nonstop writing machine, it takes the initial premise of scientifically studiable powers, and ancient magical heritage, and slam them into the real world - what would be the consequences on people, and society as a whole. Kind of like X-Men's world as upposed to, say, most other superhero stuff, where the superpowered people are just there to be heroes or villains, but somehow magically has no impact on society, that is to say other than "oh wow, it's a symphogear!" or "omg it's a noise!" it's like while they are present, everyone panics, and as soon as they're gone everybody forgets...

Oof i just kept rambling on a bit of a tangent... I just mean to say if they do make more, i hope they spend more time refining the story and characters.

ps: thinking about it now, it's actually funny how similar the world lore in Symphogear was to Rinne no Lagrange, which came out at the same time.
GenesisAriaOct 6, 2019 8:53 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 6, 2019 3:20 PM

May 2015
GenesisAria said:
Hibiki declares her lesbo dominance. Well we finally got Miku-gear for real (somehow, don't think about it). They overpowered it with the tokusatsu-style MINNA NO OMOI, and then sang together until everything self-destructed. Rip Carol.

Shem-Ha's tactics were cool but also cliche; didn't really explore her powers at all, like her time rewind shit never was figured out, they just haxed through it (would have made sense to be something where you have to beat her in 1 shot so she can't rewind). All in all everything was going at a million miles an hour, and i could barely keep up. The jump cuts, and trying to tie up way too many loose ends and emotional arcs with no time to do it properly...

WaterLord said:
What this show was back then, and what it is now... WHAT. A. FUCKING. IMPROVEMENT

Everything about this season was epic, i don't even remember a time when i DIDN'T have a single goosebump in every episode. That has got to say something of how i feel about this season already, right? Everything was wild, action packed, story driven, character driven... DAMN! It didn't even catch a break, and that's just how i love it!

It's a solid 9/10, definitely one of the best anime airing this year, i dare say it.
I find it kind of interesting you say that. I will agree hands-down there was many awesome goosebump moments, and is definitely an improvement on most of the seasons, however i still find it lacks the intense factor of season 1. Well by that i mean that yes this season was over the top dialed up to 11 action packed hype train extravaganza, but it all happened so quick, and is missed a lot of the really impactful stuff of season 1.

. . .
I remember back when season 1 first aired, an that opening scene and everythign that came after it, was so heavy and dark and real feeling... It hit all the right notes, from a a level of high stakes reality and horror in some senses, while strapping an electronica-fueled rocket of crazy awesome music-based powers... This wasn't no Macross stuff where oh man singing made people understand eachother yadda yadda, it was literally the energy source. This crazy mash of contrasting themes and potency knocked me off my feet hard. Had i not seen Madoka Magica before it, this show would have introduced dark heavy magical girl concepts.

I miss when Symphogear was more keenly aware of the fact it was a novel concept and went to the max with it, and blew expectations out of the water. Sure the premise was strange and seems campy, but it gave to little fucks that it went full damn awesome despite it. Over it's lifespan it became enfranchised and started building on it's fanbase and hype, rather than sticking with it's original audacious independence.

DarknessReality said:
Agreed, way too short, and wayyy too rushed.

DarknessReality said:

Yeah Miku just kinda showed up suddenly "hey wait for me!!" ... meanwhile my face is just deadpan. My idea of Hibiki like punching Shem-Ha out of Miku or something and then it being them vs Shem-Ha with a more prolongued and epic battle (maybe the turning point being when getting the shenshoujing or w/e it's called out and having that OP beam that cancels stuff out or w/e as the finishing blow... Or maybe Miku not into that, and the rest of them beat Shem-Ha but needed Miku's gear to stop the yggdrasil thinger... giving Miku her own solo song etc for it. They should hire me as a writer hahah!

DarknessReality said:

It's a troll. Well actually it's more of a tactic. If it's left open like tha ti'll keep people yappin about it for some time, keeping interest in it alove for longer.

Yeah thats kind of what I expected from the Shem Ha fight. I was expecting it to start round about episode 10 and Miku would come back about that time and take Shenshoujing from Shem-Ha as she leaves so they can have a big long fight against her. That way Miku could get screen time and have her get a song (Which she never got to sing and so wont get a CD for her which is such a disappointment.)

Its a shame as well cause the episode was good, just not great. The fact that it was waaaay too rushed especially since its suppose to act as the finisher for not only its season but every other season as well makes it stand out like a sore thumb. You look at the other seasons and pacing wise they are fine which makes this just.........yeah.

The Miku monologuing was nice. Sucks Kanade didnt make a big apperance like I expected her to. Also to do with the rushed part, Shem-Ha turned good over two answers, one from Miku and one from Hibiki. Like.................ok?

I think episode 13 is definitely the highlight of XV other than Shem-Ha's initial reveal though since we actually got Miku content.

Oct 6, 2019 5:40 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was pretty good and did all the right things, but I feel like I won't be able to appreciate until a 'real' translation is done that doesn't feature lots of typos and incorrect grammar a the MOST CRITICAL moments of plot exposition. Sersly fuck CR.
Oct 6, 2019 6:40 PM

Mar 2019
I can't believe it's over!
Thank you Hibiki for showing the true meaning of friendship!
I will miss this Anime!
Oct 6, 2019 8:08 PM

Feb 2014
There's no end to the randomness of this anime, I dont even know what I have watched.

and again the same drama of the past seasons.

The transformations are nice and the combat movements as well.

The way it ended I don't know if there will be more of this series (though I don't remember if the other seasons had a closure ending).

5/10
TechOtakuOct 6, 2019 8:14 PM
Oct 13, 2019 3:45 AM
Jan 2017
It's great as expected, the songs, the animation, the story, the ending...
And I think it should be ended here, what a masterpiece. I don't think it needs more seasons.

10/10
Oct 13, 2019 11:46 AM
Aug 2015
A little late posting this but i am sad the this is the end of the fifth and final season of Senki Zesshō Symphogear, Thanks to the Geah team for being such great voice actors and making it happen, truly a great anime for my short time watching, hard to say goodbye but all good things must come to an end.
Oct 14, 2019 4:22 PM

Dec 2012
As my review states (go read it ty) this anime is just fun.

Don't ask why Fudou pulled out a gun when he's a samurai or why he stopped fighting at the end and willingly let himself be apprehended even though he wasn't defeated.

Don't ask how Miku recovered immediately and was battle ready despite being inside of that thing for days if not weeks.

Don't ask how whatever preestablished notions such as climax songs causing death are immediately overwritten by one of the characters overdosing or saying that X or Y is making the effects be less severe.

Don't ask how all the doubts a character has about herself are quickly dissipated by a 30 seconds pep talk from Tsubasa or Maria.

Don't ask how the teleporting alchemist that HAD to tell her boss a very important bit of information suddenly forgot how to teleport and had to go by weapon-bike through a highway instead, letting herself be defeated.

Don't ask how the alchemist with a phonic gain 1'200'000'000 times stronger lost to 6 teenagers.

Don't ask how after teleporting to the moon, everyone ended scattered throughout a labyrinth instead of spawning closely together as it should normally work.

Don't ask how the Daedalus End is made them reach earth within a few minutes, straight from the moon.

Don't ask how they landed EXACTLY where shem-ha was located at when they arrived to earth, from the moon.

Don't ask how even though tens of thousands of random humans die to alcanoise constantly, Tsubasa chooses to instead be deeply traumatized by one single death, albeit gruesome.

Don't ask how Tsubasa forgot about her overwhelming hatred for Millarc (was that the vampire's name?) mid season.

Don't ask how gungnir was whatever the fuck historically inaccurate nonsense they came up with lmao.

Don't ask how even though Shirabe and Kirika successfully destroyed Micha by themselves, no one acknowledged them for it and instead they got reprimanded (seriously they never at any point brought up the strongest autoscorer died).

Don't ask how even though everyone assumed Carol died mid-season, Hibiki even shedding some tears, no one seemed surprised in the slightest (except elfnein) when she appeared again.

Don't ask how Dr. Ver random appearance is the sole reason why the world was saved. Also ignore how no one ever acknowledged him for doing so.

Don't ask ho- DADOSHITEMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The songs, the atmosphere, the voice acting, the animation is all top tier. We're not here for a coherent and tightly woven story, we're here for everything else. Symphogear was great. I forgot all about season 2 and 1 but I'm sure they were FULL of these lovely details too lol.

InfatuateOct 14, 2019 4:27 PM

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 16, 2019 10:40 PM

Jun 2013
Finally the end, what a great series. Time to me re watch the whole series =))
Jan 19, 2020 10:59 PM

Apr 2014
this final season was amazing, id have to say this season was my top fave next to G but over all this series is one of my top fave series of all time

but this season man a lot happened and i mean a lot and as usual the final battle to the end never disappoints when it comes to this series its always epic and also can i say i been waiting forever for miku to finally have a transformation that she has full control over it was beautiful

but wow i it hurts to know that this is the end if anything i feel there will be more with this series but what hurts the most is the main cast wont be the main cast anymore but depending what the do with the series from here i'll be watching and looking forward to it and also if there is a new cast im hoping they can be as amazing as this cast was

with that i'll keep on enjoying the mobile game for now and keep with it and look forward to what the future of this series will be
"one step at a time"
Feb 8, 2020 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
I need to watch season 2 again, Dr. Ver is still the best antagonist. An ok season, have to agree with the comment above, which lists a number of questions regarding the plot.
Feb 19, 2020 12:19 PM
Nov 2018
I am late!
I am not a fan of a series but I am gonna say that Symphogear XV did very well.
It is very fun. They did a great job making this ending a pretty solid one.
Great job for How they connect everything that created along till this point.
They did very well in animations Fight scenes are incredibly amazing.
I am pretty surprised that it ends here in ss5. But It is a very good ending.
XV is absolutely a very solid good season.
If It will have new GEN I think Ahhhhhh It can but I don't think that is a good idea.
Maybe Ova or Movies is enough.
The important thing is Someone should do a remake in the future.
I cant wait to see How it look likes and How great it can be.
John_Smith_MALApr 16, 2021 3:33 AM
Feb 19, 2020 12:32 PM
Nov 2018
Infatuate said:

Don't ask why Fudou pulled out a gun when he's a samurai or why he stopped fighting at the end and willingly let himself be apprehended even though he wasn't defeated.

Don't ask how Miku recovered immediately and was battle ready despite being inside of that thing for days if not weeks.

Don't ask how whatever preestablished notions such as climax songs causing death are immediately overwritten by one of the characters overdosing or saying that X or Y is making the effects be less severe.

Don't ask how all the doubts a character has about herself are quickly dissipated by a 30 seconds pep talk from Tsubasa or Maria.

Don't ask how the teleporting alchemist that HAD to tell her boss a very important bit of information suddenly forgot how to teleport and had to go by weapon-bike through a highway instead, letting herself be defeated.

Don't ask how the alchemist with a phonic gain 1'200'000'000 times stronger lost to 6 teenagers.

Don't ask how after teleporting to the moon, everyone ended scattered throughout a labyrinth instead of spawning closely together as it should normally work.

Don't ask how the Daedalus End is made them reach earth within a few minutes, straight from the moon.

Don't ask how they landed EXACTLY where shem-ha was located at when they arrived to earth, from the moon.

Don't ask how even though tens of thousands of random humans die to alcanoise constantly, Tsubasa chooses to instead be deeply traumatized by one single death, albeit gruesome.

Don't ask how Tsubasa forgot about her overwhelming hatred for Millarc (was that the vampire's name?) mid season.

Don't ask how gungnir was whatever the fuck historically inaccurate nonsense they came up with lmao.

Don't ask how even though Shirabe and Kirika successfully destroyed Micha by themselves, no one acknowledged them for it and instead they got reprimanded (seriously they never at any point brought up the strongest autoscorer died).

Don't ask how even though everyone assumed Carol died mid-season, Hibiki even shedding some tears, no one seemed surprised in the slightest (except elfnein) when she appeared again.

Don't ask how Dr. Ver random appearance is the sole reason why the world was saved. Also ignore how no one ever acknowledged him for doing so.

The songs, the atmosphere, the voice acting, the animation is all top tier. We're not here for a coherent and tightly woven story, we're here for everything else. Symphogear was great. I forgot all about season 2 and 1 but I'm sure they were FULL of these lovely details too lol.

I agree with that that why I On hold it so long.
Your review is also right.
Sep 27, 2020 5:57 PM

Nov 2019
no,no,nooooooooooo why 5 seasons and miku and hibiki didn't confess to each other *tears*

but other than that it was an amazing finale.....

it's been a wonderful ride and experience

thank u for all ur songs

Hibiki,Chris,Kanade,Maria,Tsubasa,Shirabe,Kirika,Carol & Elfnein
hikky_misakiSep 27, 2020 6:02 PM
Jan 14, 2021 4:03 PM

May 2012
you know, ive never thought this show was that great, but its got a fun charm to it that has had me coming back for more for 5 seasons now regardless lol, so kudos to that
Jan 25, 2021 6:53 PM

Nov 2009
This was a disappointing final season for me but whats done is done and the great ride is finally over.

6/10
Feb 18, 2021 11:53 AM

Dec 2013
Too many people are sleeping on this series bruh... BY FAR the most underrated action show I've ever scene.
Apr 27, 2021 3:17 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
:/ well that was ok I guess. Perhaps maybe a minor step up and more refined from everything that came before it, but nothing to really blow me away. It's fitting for final season I suppose, but the highs we reached in this season amount to the same highs we got from the past seasons. Still kind of shaky, but less so than all four previous seasons. Will think about it some more before I decide on either a 4 or a 5 for this one. It's freaking cheesy and corny and epic all at once, but doesn't totally nail down the dumb fun aspect completely for me. Probably shouldn't be picking it apart too much considering what it is, but nonetheless those are my thoughts. Hope you enjoyed this series more than I did.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 11, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2020
Hibiki <3 Miku. I'm sure the words were "I love you." ^_^

What a great episode and a perfect way to end the story.

I think this was the best season. The story was great and the action scenes looked better than ever before. I also liked all the characters a lot. Even Hibiki's father wasn't THAT annoying this time, although I still don't like that guy.

Unfortunately, the three previous seasons were more or less average, but overall this was still a good show. XV truly saved this franchise. The first season was also very good.

Season 1: 8/10
Season 2: 7/10
Season 3: 7/10
Season 4: 7/10
Season 5: 9/10

SerafosDec 28, 2023 8:09 AM
Jun 18, 2021 8:22 AM

Feb 2014
And that's a wrap for Symphogear, I love this series so much :')

The final battle was plenty epic, but it felt kinda rushed. Like they fight for a bit, come to what seems like the end for them, then they release the Trump card, then repeat. I guess that's nothing new for the series though lol xD I also high-key actually thought that they died in that flame as they rose up from the earth's core. What an ending that would have been o_O

I always enjoyed symphogear, but I felt like this season was on a league of its own!! The action was amazing, the story elements had me draw in, and I was just overall really hype!! I feel like the beginning was super duper strong, but in the last half it kinda felt rushed, with a ton of story elements being thrown in one after another or having immediate but not lasting effects. And yeah, while this is the ending, I feel like I want more closure. There were just so many story elements that were thrown in and weren't explained. An like, everyone besides Hibiki got their golden gear attacks for maybe a minute or so, and only once, in the whole season. I wish there would've been more episodes, there was plenty of good buildup, and while this season was without a doubt the most epic, I feel like there could've been better execution of the ending. But despite all this, I genuinely loved this show!!! Overall, I'd deffo give this a 10/10. Yes it had it's flaws, but I really enjoyed it!! A big step-up from the other seasons, and I already loved the rest of it. Deffo one of my top favorites!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2022 1:53 AM

Jul 2017
I was holding back tears until the HibiMiku promise at the end. I was ​not ready for that beautiful scene :'(

The way things come together is what makes this finale. It all connects the way it should. Finale had me feeling all the right emotions overall tho. Just perfect! Noble Red lowkey killed the vibe for me when they showed up ngl lol

Anyway, I loved the final fight. My girls looked fab clad in that angelic X-Drive one last time, and Carol went out like the queen she is. Very last minute, but I'm glad we got Miku in on the action as much as I love Shem-Ha Miku.

"She's become a true Deus ex Machina!" Lmao!

That "Tatoe Sodeatte Mo!" couldn't have been anymore on beat, dayum. I felt that in my fucking soul I swear! lol

Really gonna miss this journey. The Symphogear experience was certainly a wild one with godly seiyuu casting if I've heard one. Mizuki was fucking insane especially! Symphogear really reminded me of why I love anime. Been quite a long time since I've been left feeling empty like this. This is definitely a guaranteed rewatch at some point, and I expect that experience to be even better in some ways.

Man, thanks for everything Symphogear!! ^^

Feb 5, 2022 8:27 AM

Feb 2015
I'm not crying, you are! Took long enough for that Hibiki and Miku scene but I'm glad they let the show end with it.

Jeez, it's been nearly 7 years since I started watching this series... they just need to release a proper video game (rip xd unlimited) or (copium) another season to keep the series alive... until then...

Goodbye Symphogear.
Apr 8, 2022 9:01 PM

Oct 2019
Infatuate said:

I agree. Most definitely. Funny little moments when you really think about it.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Mar 22, 2023 7:32 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
What's with that cliffhanger conversation ahh so frustrating, at first watching symphogear s1 didn't expect that it will be so enjoyable for me but then the stories get me realize this was very enjoyable, well this is the end hope there will be next one
Sep 17, 2023 8:37 PM

Nov 2010
Humanity should combine into one. Our individuality will always lead to selfish actions that will eventually be our downfall. Everyone is pursuing whatever they want, and look at what is happening to our society and world. We are closer than ever to extinction. If that's what most humans want, then good riddance, I guess.

The final battle looked cool, with so many explosions and cool special attacks. The excellent animation remained consistent since S1.

It's the typical happy ending. I would've given this a higher score if we got a bittersweet ending with Miku dying. There was so much at stake and no casualties from the main cast.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» New Symphogear project announced

Monkiesmata - Nov 20, 2022

12 by removed-user »»
Apr 9, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

42 by rsc-pl »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

52 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.