Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 7, 2018 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
"sa-yo-na-ra?" :)))))))) IM CRYING AND SHAKING AND MY HEART IS DESTROYED THANK YOU
removed-userDec 11, 2018 10:05 AM
Dec 7, 2018 11:54 AM
Dec 2014
hirahira said:
I spent the majority of this episode screaming "NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" at the screen.

SAME and i was gasping every ounce of breath out my lungs like an idiot i couldnt BREATHE everything took me by surprise
Dec 7, 2018 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Banana Fish has kept my soul and emotions in cage during every single episode, stuck there without the ability to break free. This episode did the same, the intensity was beyond any description…

Asking why it happened now, is futile. Ash's ability to convey his pain at the end; his eyes, actions... How would any of us feel when losing sth precious? i feel like each of us can rediscover him-/herself in his position.
Until the last second i thought they'd kill Ash instead of Eiji.. being unable to believe ur eyes what's happening, that's what i'm left with at the end of this episode.
Dec 7, 2018 5:08 PM
Apr 2014
Damn you MAPPA.
Toying with my heart AGAIN
Dec 7, 2018 5:35 PM

May 2018
im shaking im crying so much I had to fukicng pause the episode because ei couldn't read the subtitles because my eyes were blurry from my tears
Dec 7, 2018 7:39 PM

Oct 2008
The heck! is Eiji gone!? I refuse to accept! I'm in denial!!!
5/5.

Dec 7, 2018 10:58 PM
Oct 2017
I just...don't see this sort of romantic relationship people talked about. I guess it could be a difference in the manga but they just come across as two very close friends, and that kind of love doesn't equate love love. But I digress, I'm looking forward to Ash: The Apocalypse of Banana Fish.
Dec 7, 2018 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
satsatsaturnalia said:
I just...don't see this sort of romantic relationship people talked about. I guess it could be a difference in the manga but they just come across as two very close friends, and that kind of love doesn't equate love love. But I digress, I'm looking forward to Ash: The Apocalypse of Banana Fish.
Actually the manga was even more vague until spelled out in final chapters.

#FuckYutLung
MetaKiteDec 8, 2018 12:19 AM
Dec 8, 2018 4:45 AM
May 2017
The 'Sayounara' bit got me good
Dec 8, 2018 10:11 AM

Sep 2017
Eiji holding Ash after he was rescued was really touching. Too bad we might not get any moments like that anymore. I think there's a decent chance Eiji actually dies here. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Of course it happens right as Eiji teaches Ash Sayonara as well. I thought Blanca might have made it in time to stop those goons, but now I'm not really sure what's gonna happen if he shows up.
Dec 8, 2018 10:22 AM

Jul 2010
I've seen a few people who wrote "this show is destroying me" in their post. Usually I never struggle finding the right words to express any feeling I may have, but so far, what Banana Fish does to me almost every week left me unable to word it better than "this just kills me". But this show is destroying me, too. No other anime has ever shaken up my feelings as much as Banana Fish does.

It is so sad how the last Japanese word Eiji teached Ash was how to say "goodbye", and thinking how Ash repeating the word "sayonara" made that the last thing he said to Eiji just breaks my heart. I was practically paralyzed while watching it all happen at the end of the episode and I could hardly breathe. I feel so bad for Ash I cbfdskgsks.

Part of me hopes somehow it'll turn out that what seems to have happened, didn't actually happen, but only looked like it did. I think I know better, though... It doesn't help that, after I had only just watched episode 3, I accidentally read a post that was written on purpose to troll BF watchers which contained huge spoilers - as a result of that I learned things I had never wanted to find out, especially not at such an early stage. For the last 2 episodes, I'll seriously have to prepare myself and sit down to watch them at a time I know I won't be disturbed by anything.
AshiAshiDec 8, 2018 10:29 AM
Dec 8, 2018 3:23 PM
Nov 2018
We're really at the beginning of the end, huh. I knew what was coming as soon as Eiji said the bit about teaching him how to say goodbye, but I couldn't have been prepared for that!!! Part of me wishes I read the manga first to get the full story before seeing how the ending unfolds, but I like the suspense every week.

Ik MAPPA is short on time for this series but it seems like they're pulling it off decently? Enough to really hurt my heart...
Seriously considering waiting a day after the finale comes out to watch it, because if it's as emotional as people say, it'll actually be affecting my performance on finals with my level of investment... I'm completely screwed.
Dec 8, 2018 4:12 PM

Mar 2016
You know i was going to vote "i liked this episode" but with the ending like that .... Seriously i wasnt expecting anything like this.... Maybe for the worst Ash would die ... but its even more dramatic...

Dec 8, 2018 4:20 PM

Aug 2015
Really getting tired of the "rescue the hostages" every episode. It's like I'm watching Endless Eight. With 2 episodes left and the way this episode ended, I guess we can finally get the plot moving again.
Dec 8, 2018 7:33 PM
May 2016
NONONNONNONONOONONONONONONONONONONNONONONO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dec 8, 2018 7:34 PM
May 2016
"sa-yo-na-ra"

that shit got me fucked up
Dec 9, 2018 6:25 PM

Sep 2016
damn bro that ending saying that sayounara just before the assassins came in was ironic, i was hoping one of them wouldve gotten captured by ash instead of completely killed but i understand how ash was feeling in that moment he had no time for that shit, but deadass i hope he does capture that other snake in the group he is hella pissed tension is rising
Facta Non Verba
Dec 9, 2018 6:52 PM

Mar 2009
Well, that was depressing. Yut Lung is a real piece of shit.
Dec 10, 2018 8:55 AM
Jan 2016
This anime is really great when you're watching it marathon, haha...I'm really curious why Blanca is really interested to Eiji? Is it because he knows that only Eiji that can save Ash? And yeah, that ending is predictable, but I don't think that Eiji's wound is fatal because the location is at his abdomen, not chest. If Eiji dies, I don't know what will happen to Ash...
Dec 10, 2018 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
MetaKite said:
Fue said:
sad to see Blanca leave yut lung :C i don't think he's coming back since it looks like he defied his orders. im not really sure what blanca will achieve by going to pier 4 warehouse tho
Sad? Blanca is finally doing the RIGHT thing and leaving that self-professed monster that has women and children murdered. I still don't care about Blanca but he is finally seeing what kind of scum he's been helping and stepping away.
Jared93 said:
Its not really believable that Foxx, a Pro makes such a stupid mistake to leave a burning cigarette near Ash.
He underestimated him thinking he really had Ash subdued after raping him.

#FuckYutLung
Wait what when did Yut Lung have women and children murdered???
Dec 10, 2018 2:15 PM

Mar 2012
mcrta_weeb said:
Happens off screen when he hooks up with Golzine in episode 17. He tells Dino that he wants all the Lees wiped out including their wives and children. When we next see Yut Lung, we see one of his brothers yelling at him and then Golzine's men enter and machine gun him down in front of Yut-Lung. It's easy to miss since they were all killed off screen. The only Lee that he keeps alive is the brother he Banana Fished.

#FuckYutLung
MetaKiteDec 10, 2018 2:59 PM
Dec 10, 2018 5:27 PM

Jul 2015
MetaKite said:
mcrta_weeb said:
Happens off screen when he hooks up with Golzine in episode 17. He tells Dino that he wants all the Lees wiped out including their wives and children. When we next see Yut Lung, we see one of his brothers yelling at him and then Golzine's men enter and machine gun him down in front of Yut-Lung. It's easy to miss since they were all killed off screen. The only Lee that he keeps alive is the brother he Banana Fished.

#FuckYutLung
scary 😰 *gulp*...I thought-I thought that he didn’t go along with killing the women and children,,,I mean maybe he didn’t...also I’m really wondering why he kept that one brother alive but literally as a vegetable like what is the point,,,
Dec 10, 2018 7:48 PM

Mar 2012
mcrta_weeb said:
scary 😰 *gulp*...I thought-I thought that he didn’t go along with killing the women and children,,,I mean maybe he didn’t...also I’m really wondering why he kept that one brother alive but literally as a vegetable like what is the point,,,
Easy. He keeps Hua Lung alive as a puppet since that brother had a lot of power. Nobody would ever take Bitch-face moon boy here seriously as the new head of the Chinatown Lee Mafia if everybody else suddenly dropped dead. Plus, it would be too obvious he did it if ALL his brothers died suddenly. So instead he made one closest to him "ill" to "look after" him and be his "advisor" while he is actually calling all the shots. He also apparently created rumors blaming the Vietnamese mafia for the deaths of his brothers and their families. This has made him an enemy of that faction and why he was able to get Blanca on his side at first. He is just all around despicable and a coward too boot.

#FuckYutLung
Dec 11, 2018 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
MetaKite said:
mcrta_weeb said:
Easy. He keeps Hua Lung alive as a puppet since that brother had a lot of power. Nobody would ever take Bitch-face moon boy here seriously as the new head of the Chinatown Lee Mafia if everybody else suddenly dropped dead. Plus, it would be too obvious he did it if ALL his brothers died suddenly. So instead he made one closest to him "ill" to "look after" him and be his "advisor" while he is actually calling all the shots. He also apparently created rumors blaming the Vietnamese mafia for the deaths of his brothers and their families. This has made him an enemy of that faction and why he was able to get Blanca on his side at first. He is just all around despicable and a coward too boot.

#FuckYutLung
Whatever I still love Yut Lung, stay pressed and keep crying maybe it’ll achieve something ☺️😴
Dec 11, 2018 8:55 AM

Mar 2012
mcrta_weeb said:
MetaKite said:

#FuckYutLung
Whatever I still love Yut Lung, stay pressed and keep crying maybe it’ll achieve something ☺️😴
LOL I never said you couldn't like the snake. Although I am sure lots of people are going to agree with me by the end of all this.
Dec 11, 2018 10:17 AM
Sep 2018
I will not know how to deal with the end of the banana fish. This episode broke my heart that was already broken since Shorter's death :(
Dec 11, 2018 10:48 AM

Jul 2015
MetaKite said:
mcrta_weeb said:
LOL I never said you couldn't like the snake. Although I am sure lots of people are going to agree with me by the end of all this.
don’t you think that even Yut Lung antis will tone their hate down after his past is animated?? Like I can even understand why some ppl hate him but to hate him more than D*no and to not feel any sympathy for him at all after what happened to him as a child?? Like that’s extreme, not to throw shade but you gotta be the biggest Yut Lung anti I’ve ever seen,,,
Dec 11, 2018 6:19 PM

Mar 2012
mcrta_weeb said:
don’t you think that even Yut Lung antis will tone their hate down after his past is animated?? Like I can even understand why some ppl hate him but to hate him more than D*no and to not feel any sympathy for him at all after what happened to him as a child?? Like that’s extreme, not to throw shade but you gotta be the biggest Yut Lung anti I’ve ever seen,,,
Possibly. It's not that I don't understand the appeal he has. In the beginning when I was first reading the manga years ago, I did like him. I didn't even blame him for what happened to Shorter since he was also being used by the Lees. My thoughts on Yut-Lung were "aww, he's just lonely", "somebody please give him a hug", "he needs his own Eiji", "Sing do something for him!". Then he started crossing lines I wasn't cool with but didn't hold it against him because again, he didn't have anyone like Eiji. But by the end after the damage he causes... I was like "Nope, die, bitch! Die!". Then the mangaka made comments on how and why concerning what goes down and I was still like "Nope".

I just feel no sympathy for this particular devil. #FuckYutLung
Dec 15, 2018 7:53 AM

Jun 2013
An intense episode but I feel like many parts were rushed even though I haven't gotten this far in the manga yet.

It was kind of predictable that one of them were about to get shot or possibly die after Ash learned how to say 'sayonara' in Japanese.

Honestly, Yut Leung's obsession of killing Eiji is fucking stupid. I don't understand why he doesn't just kill Ash? Does he want to see him suffer by killing someone Ash loved/cared for? Even Blanca is tired of hit shit but Yut Leung starts crying like a petulant child whose parent decided to leave him after he didn't get to buy the thing he wanted at Walmart.
臭い-
Dec 15, 2018 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
And finally Eiji is seriously wounded. For real, I'm still wondering how he managed to survive during almost 22 eps... assuming he's now dead, which I highly doubt.

That aside, I guess the scene would have been a bit more impactful if both Ash and Eiji weren't trying to learn and teach Japanese while... well, speaking in japanese. That was quite absurd, being honest.

But overall, it was a good episode. Looking forward to seeing how they all will manage to deal with an Ash going on a rampage.

P.S.: How many times Ash has been raped during this damn show? Shit! :'(
Dec 16, 2018 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
finally kidnap stuff resolved quick as it should be.

most of the time show's strange thing for me that when they try to add engrish and jap lang at same time. thats why this really needs eng dub

the ending was surprise. why the heck that guy tried that move when Ash was around? also why Ash's sixth sense didn't work that time kinda bother me which is his very speciality. anyway the way Ash's veganance look really was satisfying to watch.
Dec 16, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 2018
SkyDrop said:

the ending was surprise. why the heck that guy tried that move when Ash was around? also why Ash's sixth sense didn't work that time kinda bother me which is his very speciality. anyway the way Ash's veganance look really was satisfying to watch.

The manga had more dialogue to it, those grunts were complaining to Yut-Lung that Eiji's always around Ash and they don't have an opening, but Yut-Lung said that's the perfect time to try. And that's mainly because Ash lowers his guard when he's around Eiji.
Dec 18, 2018 5:40 PM

Dec 2016
Ohhh man that ending!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 23, 2018 3:49 PM

Oct 2017
Disgusting old men really can’t keep their hands off of Ash, can they?

Well at least Ash managed to escape with the help of Eiji and friends. They still need to find a way to save Max and the others who ended up at the mental health institute.

Thankfully Blanc is finally leaving Yut-Lung’s side. He doesn’t want Eiji to be killed and doesn’t want to involve himself anymore. Good on him.

Yut-Lung convinces some of Sing’s men to try and kill Eiji when he is around Ash. Because that’s when Ash is at his weakest. What a big mistake. They manage to shoot Eiji and right when he was teaching Ash “sayonara” too.. Ash goes Yandere and pumps the attackers full of bullets. Now let’s just hope that Eiji will pull through.
Dec 26, 2018 2:45 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty good episode if it wasn't for all those weird faces or heads...
(or the brievety of many things in this episode)

4/5 Ep.22 and I'm still feeling like Im just hearing someone tell me events leading from point A to point B.
Jan 20, 2019 5:32 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
“As I lay dying”, what a fitting title for an episode, I could never have predicted the way it would have gone, the way he was just innocently teaching him some basic Japanese phrases, and it just had to be when he said the magical “Au Revoir” word, and then by a gun's trigger, it ended.
Yes, it was devastating, and probably even more so on Ash without a doubt, I feel like they might have just triggered a sleeping beast, he is probably going to be on full savage mode now. RIP Eiji.
Mar 12, 2019 6:03 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
One more complain to add to this series, people criticize SAO for the RAPE, when there is not even that much of it there, yet here,99% bad guys are horny assholes that want to grab, suck and rape the hell out of the MC, yet I see people barely bringing this up.
It is annoying to have soo many scenes of that BS here, give it a fucking rest already!

Aside that, nice episode, I particularly dig that direction, though lets be honest, Eiji is not really gonna die, if he did, I would praise the series for it, and call it an interesting development, that is for sure.
Apr 11, 2019 5:51 AM

Dec 2013
This is very sad and intense episode. I can't stop pulling my hair while watching the last few minutes and this stressed me out. Damn Yut Lung, it's all his fault. Does he think he can fight Ash? Such a coward. I hope Blanca will somehow help them. Arggg Eiji huhu Eiji and Ash and Sing's relationship will surely help although it's Sing's troops fault

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 1, 2019 9:28 PM

Oct 2010
GOD what's worse than Eiji dying is the fookin manga readers dropping hints here and there on this tread, discussing everything.

Argh, I see this coming, finally they got their hands on Eiji, I know I know I know... But...
Aug 28, 2019 5:27 PM

Jun 2012
I knew something was gonna happen after Eiji said "Sayonara". I never liked their relationship tbh but that scene killed me
Sep 19, 2019 7:40 AM

Mar 2015
Man that sayonara scene..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 2, 2020 3:29 PM
Jan 2019
NOOOOOOOOOOO EIJIIIII
Sep 12, 2020 12:54 PM
Apr 2019
Oh pour soul died as a hero .As expected he appeared as the typical pathetic Japanese guy in foreign ,but I was happy both with his development and overall character .I guess why this is called Shoujo .Yeah,I totally get it now
Nov 11, 2020 10:36 AM
Apr 2019
I never want to hear "sayonara" ever again
Nov 27, 2020 7:25 PM

Jul 2020
NOT EIJIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!
Nov 27, 2020 7:26 PM

Jul 2020
DanyellaLi said:
I never want to hear "sayonara" ever again
Me too brother. me too
Dec 22, 2020 4:34 PM

Sep 2020
Lol reading this discussion is so funny. Why?
I hated Eiji from episode 1. Can't do anything on his own, and sticks his nose into everything, just to get saved.
Eiji, dead? YES!! This is the best thing to happen in this otherwise disappointing anime.
Dec 27, 2020 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
さようなら ):
Dec 27, 2020 2:36 PM
Aug 2020
sa-yo-u-na-ra :') PAIN JUST PAIN!!!!!
Dec 31, 2020 12:04 PM

Mar 2019
nonono eiji?? please don't die

seeing ash lose it after eiji got shot was a damn good scene tho
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

351 by OTN_Bimmer »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2018

120 by kakyoin »»
Jun 7, 4:59 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2018

88 by kakyoin »»
May 10, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

67 by bubba460z »»
May 5, 4:10 PM

» Any differences?

Mangahater - Apr 27

10 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 29, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.