Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 1, 2018 5:51 PM
Mar 2015
I really don't understand the ending of this. Isn't Eugeo leading this poor girl on? Tiese? He's led her to believe that after this tournament he'll return to become her husband, even though his real intention is towards Alice. Is this really okay? I don't really get it. Are they just trying to make Eugeo look cool? Is he just trying to comfort her temporarily without any intention of long term commitment? Isn't that like, pretty dismissive towards her? Eugeo the scumbag
Dec 1, 2018 6:29 PM
Jan 2018
aureatelily said:
I really don't understand the ending of this. Isn't Eugeo leading this poor girl on? Tiese? He's led her to believe that after this tournament he'll return to become her husband, even though his real intention is towards Alice. Is this really okay? I don't really get it. Are they just trying to make Eugeo look cool? Is he just trying to comfort her temporarily without any intention of long term commitment? Isn't that like, pretty dismissive towards her? Eugeo the scumbag

Eugeo is becoming the New Kirito in Underworld

or Neo Kirito. something like that.
Dec 1, 2018 6:31 PM

Jun 2016
What another beautiful 10/10 episode, i really liked where Eugeo and Tiese relationship going. But since Kirito said "stay cool is for a real goodbye" that's when i started to feel why eugeo have to.. Damn
Dec 1, 2018 6:34 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Eugeo episode and some moments with Kirito with their valets Tiese and Ronye. They adapt the LN quite perfect. The two nobles are annoying as always, i hope next episode they get what they deserve. Eugeo "stay cool".

Dec 1, 2018 6:37 PM

Jun 2014
"stay cool" -- ohhhh my achy body hasnt had a good cringe in awhile.
Dec 1, 2018 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
aureatelily said:

He's not leading her on... The correct answer is he doesn't know what to do because on the one side he doesn't want to give Tieze false hopes but on the other side he doesn't want to hurt her right after she confessed her feelings and biggest fears to him. Of course that wasn't right but don't tell me you were never put into a situation where you simply didn't know what to do? If he was a scumbag he would give no damn about Tieze... It's not a black-white situation and he didn't agree to become her husband because Tieze didn't propose to him. She wanted to but then lost the courage to ask him.
removed-userDec 1, 2018 6:44 PM
Dec 1, 2018 6:46 PM

Oct 2017
So... Eugeo's disciple confesses to him, and he accepts it. Wow.
Dec 1, 2018 6:52 PM

May 2015
Can you infuse a sword's power with your libido to make it stronger though?

So Raios and Humbert's abilities are measured by how elitist they are.

Can't call it "English" here huh...

Frenica was just giving Humbert a massage in her underwear! There's nothing with that...right?

Really...Tiese and Eugeo becoming an item just like that? These kids get on quick. But Eugeo's true goal is Alice though, which means we're going to get some cucking in the future! Yay!
Dec 1, 2018 8:30 PM
Jan 2016
Amazing episode more focused on Eugeo!

And yeah, i hate even more 1st and 2nd seat, they are disgusting!

I am glad that Eugeo accepted their sugestion, and it ended up being a duel, Eogeo were more stronger than they thought, and it was a awesome fight!

Kirito lecture about moral and laws was interesting!

I liked the development in Eogeo this episode, and didn't expect that ending, Tiese was so cute in last part, Eugeo acepted her request, and actualy was her intentions before too, but Eogeo only have eyes for our Alice, so poor Tiese! :(
Dec 1, 2018 8:45 PM

Jan 2016
Stay Cool.

New Ship has been sail, I smell NTR here. RIP Alice.
Dec 1, 2018 9:00 PM
Mar 2018
Oh well, pretty much sure the next episode will be the start of Hype train.
Tho I wish they would develop and prolong the chemistry between Tiese and Eugeo more before jumping into a proposal.
Dec 1, 2018 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
Eugeo, pls don't be an asshole after you accept her, don't let her down after you met alice later
or I'll rage so hard reeeeeeee
Dec 1, 2018 9:28 PM

Nov 2017
Vanschia said:
Eugeo, pls don't be an asshole after you accept her, don't let her down after you met alice later
or I'll rage so hard reeeeeeee

- kalem boss

- i always hate that 2 nobleman.
- its time for eugeo to shine
Now Loading.....
Dec 1, 2018 9:51 PM

Jun 2017
hmmm... I love me my romance but at the same time this is clearly flawed on many levels. ah well, i guess i cant really expect anything better from SAO
Dec 1, 2018 10:06 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Why do I sense an ntr flag with that red haired girl? Must be because of my rotten self ugh.
Dec 1, 2018 10:26 PM

Sep 2017
Oh no..Eugeo "Stay Cool" is a red flag.
Those noble goofs are bout do something to those girls bruh.
They are probably gonna put Eugeo in a position where his gonna beat their ass and break some taboo.
Man fu*k those nobles fam (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
Dec 1, 2018 10:28 PM

Oct 2013
I loved it when the ED played when Tiese hugged Eugeo's arm. Stay cool. Also why are there always rapey villains in anime.
Dec 2, 2018 12:57 AM

Aug 2016
More than one waifu will destroy your laifu, Eugeo. That or your waifu will get destroyed, dunno seems like a weird death flag to me. She is cute tho.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Dec 2, 2018 1:12 AM
Oct 2018
i see death flag is coming.

the guy fighting eugeo fight with elitist imagination. lol.
Dec 2, 2018 1:49 AM

Apr 2017
-Riptide- said:
I loved it when the ED played when Tiese hugged Eugeo's arm. Stay cool. Also why are there always rapey villains in anime SAO.

Fixed that for you
Dec 2, 2018 2:40 AM

Oct 2013
Razuu said:
-Riptide- said:
I loved it when the ED played when Tiese hugged Eugeo's arm. Stay cool. Also why are there always rapey villains in anime SAO.

Fixed that for you

It applies to SAO as well as to other anime.
Dec 2, 2018 2:54 AM
Jan 2018
I got a feeling that the tournament won't happen
Dec 2, 2018 3:14 AM

Dec 2013
Those guys make me mad!

Kirito accidentally taught Eugeo how to get popular with the ladies.
Dec 2, 2018 3:37 AM
Aug 2018
Tournament coool!!! things are getting heated
Dec 2, 2018 3:40 AM

Aug 2013
Ah yes...here's where Reiki Kawahara pulls the recycling routine with his villains. Boy oh boy, can't wait to see about a thousand comments in next week's thread.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 2, 2018 4:25 AM
May 2015
Donnawan said:
aureatelily said:

Eugeo is becoming the New Kirito in Underworld

or Neo Kirito. something like that.

ah influenced by kirito.. is kirito knows that he's teaching AI bottom-up?
Dec 2, 2018 5:19 AM

Aug 2017
this episode alone is already better than a lot of romance anime
Dec 2, 2018 5:25 AM

Jul 2014
A whole episode on these crappy and trashy villains that barely even serve any meaningful purpose other than being scum for the sheer sake of it. Some decent character development beginning for Eugeo at least. Just a shame that it's completely undercut by Eugeo clearly leadin Tiese on at the ending, when all he cares about is Alice.
Dec 2, 2018 5:27 AM

Mar 2017
"Stay cool". Lol.
Dec 2, 2018 6:58 AM
Jan 2018
Atavistic said:
A whole episode on these crappy and trashy villains that barely even serve any meaningful purpose other than being scum for the sheer sake of it. Some decent character development beginning for Eugeo at least. Just a shame that it's completely undercut by Eugeo clearly leadin Tiese on at the ending, when all he cares about is Alice.

are people just going to ignore the whole point of them is just to show the index is flawed and nobles can pretty much loophole there ass out of everything.

i doubt hes leading her on he just doesn't know what to do its his first love confession it seems , its most likely guilt then anything els he feels for alice
Dec 2, 2018 7:06 AM

Feb 2014
Stay cool, huh? It did sound a little cheesy, but Kirito was right to use it, though. =)

Raios and Humbert are a bad example of nobles. They constantly look down on people of a lower class and in Humbert's case, forces his female trainee to strip down to her underwear while giving him a wash. Hopefully Eugeo's going to whoop his sorry ass soon enough, but hopefully done with this tournament coming up, so he can do that without breaking any school rules or the taboo index.

The last scene with Eugeo and Tiese was interesting. I don't blame Tiese for her approach on Eugeo here, due to her fear of marrying a noble husband who might treat her like crap. Although she didn't ask him directly, it still puts Eugeo in a weird position. He's going to help her, but since his ultimate is to see Alice, I don't him and Tiese getting together at all.

Either way, this was still an enjoyable episode. I#m hoping that both Raios and Humbert get what they deserve soon enough. =D
Dec 2, 2018 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
wow a girl falling for a guy other than kirito. this series keeps surpising me
Dec 2, 2018 9:07 AM

Aug 2017
the only good character is getting development. i'm almost content with the series at this point, but i certainly wouldnt say its good still
Dec 2, 2018 9:36 AM

Apr 2016
Man, I always thought those two were trash, didn't think they'd be the first and second seat. Can't wait see them get destroyed by Kirito and Eugeo
Dec 2, 2018 9:46 AM

Apr 2010
damdashdam said:
wow a girl falling for a guy other than kirito. this series keeps surpising me

I know right is this even SAO anymore lol
Dec 2, 2018 9:56 AM
Jul 2017
I'm liking the character development that Eugeo is getting. I'm also liking that he's getting a "love interest", but I really wish that Kirito wasn't engaged so he could get one to, ya know? Possibly that other Valet, Ronie... eh, maybe... no? Ok.

Anyway, the one thing I found hella stupid is that Eugeo literally 5 seconds before he said he would marry whatever-her-name-is he was all like "nah, b. Imma be an integrity knight and save my bae" like which one is it Eugeo? Other than that the episode was pretty solid.
Dec 2, 2018 11:55 AM

Mar 2016
I don't like love stories. It's not the love story itself that I dislike, but the fact that most writers are bad at writing it. So, I really liked it when this arc focused less on Kirito's harem, and more on his friendship. Now, it's starting to look like Eugeo is going to build his own harem. (Seriously: every anime character, that looks like Kirito, has his own harem. Why?)

Eugeo's fight was interesting.

Even AI can be sexually harassed, huh? Guess this isn't a family friendly game. lol!

The bullies are annoying, but not in a way that makes me want to drop the story. So far, they are well written.
(Fictional bullies are usually shown as horrible people who are even willing to kill animals or get people raped, and stuff like that makes me wonder why they aren't in jail. These types of bullies are the annoying kind that just exist as a plot device, and really make me want to drop the story.)
Dec 2, 2018 1:01 PM

May 2016
I hate this kind of drama, I mean common use something more original than this bullshit.
Dec 2, 2018 2:49 PM
Oct 2018
well being some one who hasn't read the manga i think that sao is taking a turn towards a tournament arc in the series, and honestly, i kinda hope it doesn't because tournament arcs are never good unless there from boku no hero or Pokemon.
Dec 2, 2018 6:32 PM

Apr 2015
The Red hair girl will get NTR-ed, right?? RIGHT??

I thought those 2 clowns only for background characters but it seems they have more 'use' in this anime... hmm

can't wait to see them get expelled or something...
Dec 2, 2018 9:25 PM
Nov 2009
Damn that Žižek guy *sniff*
Dec 3, 2018 12:32 AM

Jun 2016
Made-In-Heaven said:
I feel a bit annoyed with people who call this episode boring because it's clear to me a big storm will come so enjoy the "boring" episodes while you can... It was nice to see the pov of Eugeo and Tieze's confession but the two jerks get on my nerves.
Just ingnore them, they are just your yesterday sao edgelord hater
Dec 3, 2018 12:34 AM

Jun 2016
Made-In-Heaven said:
aureatelily said:

He's not leading her on... The correct answer is he doesn't know what to do because on the one side he doesn't want to give Tieze false hopes but on the other side he doesn't want to hurt her right after she confessed her feelings and biggest fears to him. Of course that wasn't right but don't tell me you were never put into a situation where you simply didn't know what to do? If he was a scumbag he would give no damn about Tieze... It's not a black-white situation and he didn't agree to become her husband because Tieze didn't propose to him. She wanted to but then lost the courage to ask him.
thank you ijust wanted to say that
Dec 3, 2018 3:04 AM
Jun 2017
Chaosprince829 said:
well being some one who hasn't read the manga i think that sao is taking a turn towards a tournament arc in the series, and honestly, i kinda hope it doesn't because tournament arcs are never good unless there from boku no hero or Pokemon.

Yeah. It will be "prison break " arc.
Dec 3, 2018 7:49 AM

Jan 2011
Made-In-Heaven said:

He may not know what to do but there is no need to touch her hair, her face and wipe off her tears (maybe you didn't notice it?). Those action + his words are the same thing as accepting her confession.
Dec 3, 2018 10:39 AM

Feb 2017
if the reaction next episode not the same as goblin slayer, anime community are hypocrite af.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 3, 2018 11:17 AM

Feb 2017
Chrome_Falcon said:
evoniee said:

You are hinting spoilers. I suggest you remove this comment.

but i got it from the older post.

stop it smh.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 3, 2018 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
hokaru said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

He may not know what to do but there is no need to touch her hair, her face and wipe off her tears (maybe you didn't notice it?). Those action + his words are the same thing as accepting her confession.
hokaru said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

Why not? Just because he isn't romantically interested in her doesn't mean he doesn't love her. He does care for Tieze and doesn't want to see her cry and he said he would come back because he obviously wants to keep his bond to her but that's not the same as accepting her confession. I think the problem is just people give romance way more importance than other kinds of love and that's why a person can't even care about someone and have body contact with them unless they're romantically interested in them otherwise it gets seen as 'leading on' even though it isn't.
Dec 3, 2018 4:02 PM

Dec 2009
It's great to see some Eugeo's episode. I like when the animes don't focus only in the main characters.
Dec 3, 2018 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
Well, looking forward to next weeks episode.

Windman said:
Pknoctis said:
That "stay cool" thing is such a red flag. I predict it'll come up again when Eugeo and Kirito have to say goodbye to each other.

It wont come up later, its a red flag for next episode actually.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.