Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2018 1:43 AM
Oct 2007
Manga is ending?!! So this is the last arc??? Nuuuuuuuu!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2018 3:46 PM
Mar 2018
Woh!!! They wrapped up the Silver Soul arc pretty fast!! I thought they would use 12 episodes to do it; but they finished it in just 8 episodes. Yeah BNP did a rush job with this, I think they went way too fast after a steady start. Well the manga has only 4 chapters left before it comes to conclusion. So i am thinking how are BNP gonna adapt the post time skip arc, considering if this 2nd part of Silver soul arc was also of 12 episodes, I don't think they can wrap the entire post time skip arc within 4 episodes. Either they complete it by extending the number of episodes, or they could simply rush through the scenes to speed up, or simply end the show in a cliffhanger!!!!!
Sep 1, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2015
Ugh Guys , so Otose and Otae really died ?
Sep 1, 2018 7:35 AM

Mar 2016
Nou-Tan said:
Ugh Guys , so Otose and Otae really died ?

you'll see tomorrow.
If you want to know NOW,
Sep 1, 2018 9:02 AM
Oct 2016
Incredible animation and fight sequence. So many feels, I'm going to watch the episode again!

Really really well done, kudos to Gintama and what it's done for us. Loved Shouyo holding back Utsuro, it was simply a symbolic way of saying.. this time you've lost it because of what you created.

Frankly, I also was surprised that there's going to be a time skip next week. Very excited and extremely sad that such a massive show is finally parting ways.
Sep 3, 2018 9:31 AM

Mar 2015
Can anyone explain if Utsuro died or not
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Sep 3, 2018 11:52 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
GaryMuffuginOak said:
Can anyone explain if Utsuro died or not
Well, without spoiling anything, just remember what Utsuro is made out of and what Utsuro fell into. It will be clarified later in the series though.
Sep 3, 2018 6:04 PM

Nov 2013
HOLY SHIEEETTTTT A TIME SKIP !!!?! This is gold , did not expect this. I like how they tried to replicate the first episode. Commence the power creep
herricklukSep 3, 2018 6:07 PM
Sep 12, 2018 10:39 AM

Dec 2014
well this was a shock…what happened to the war.. why the sudden two years skip…ohh I am excited and also sad… truly a great episode..
Oct 25, 2018 7:32 PM

May 2012
Quite an intense right to the end of this arc to be honest and with 7 more episodes I really do wonder what will happen next!
Dec 21, 2018 2:51 PM

Mar 2016
The flashback relating to Sadaharu really just makes me want to hope that he and the Yorozuya can just get back to how they were during peaceful time!

Like the previous ep, this ep got a ton of fast-paced and intensely amazing fights. As per usual to Gintama, everyone hands in their help, in this case giving their life energy so Sadaharu can maintain the Altana gates to be closed. This is really why unlike the prev ep, this ep Utsuro really got his back pushed against the wall by the teamwork of the Yorozuya, Kagura's family and the top 3 Shinsengumi. But of course, Utsuro can still withstand even with no immortality or rapid regeneration.

WHAT? Instant time skip to 2 years forward? This is a first for Gintama!
Shinpachi did what Gintoki did back in ep 3! That's cool to see, but what's even better is that this sort of personality is exactly how Shinpachi in the 2nd movie turned out to be in the future.
Jul 13, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2015
Sooo... just like that? Without any epic moment...meh.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 28, 2019 8:28 AM
Apr 2018
An amazing follow up to last week's episode. Everyone vs Utsuro was amazing and it was so emotional seeing the flashbacks with Sadaharu. I'm so happy everyone contributed to the fight and it didn't just become Gin vs Utsuro like it would've in most shonens. I got cried during the credits when I realized that we'd never see anyone again pre time skip. The way the end mirrored the first episode was amazing.
Nov 25, 2019 6:49 PM
Apr 2016
So, Utsuro finally died? And now suddenly we get a 2 year time-skip? Hmm, that's interesting. Oh, also shame on Shinpachi, copying Gin's dress and lines...
Nov 29, 2019 8:51 PM

Mar 2015
Wow we're getting a time leap!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 25, 2020 1:47 PM

May 2016
Finally we could see Shinpachi's father at long last and his voice gave me chills his speech before death was heroic.

so much things happened in the end it was too good.
Mar 20, 2020 6:09 PM

Jan 2013
Just all around 10/10 episode.
From the fight to everyone helping out to stop the Altana to eventually beating Utsuro.

Honestly, I dont understand how Edo could be like this AGAIN after all that they went through, the war and everybody having a singular goal.
Surely they'd learn from their mistakes and not end up in the same way the anime started, Amanto ruling the streets.
Apr 21, 2020 3:49 PM

Aug 2019
That was absolutely phenomenal and beautiful. I cried with the Sadaharu flashbacks and him nearly disappearing. Everyone coming together to give power to Sadaharu through their life energy and fighting against the remaining enemies was awesome. Loved the teamwork of Yorozuya, Kagura's family and the Shinsengumi 3. Their fight against Utsuro and their faces while stabbing him were so amazing. Loved Utsuro's monologues during the fight and the appearance of illusions of Shoyo and Gintoki as a kid. It seems pretty late to say it now but I love Utsuro's voice, it fits him perfectly. Loved the whole aspect that humans fight their own weakness to prevail and that Utsuro fears this humanity.

So now we have a timeskip to two years in the future. Damn Shinpachi looks really cool and him acting exactly like Gintoki did in the first episode makes me excited to see what really happened but sad too because it hits hard that the end is approaching.
Mayo-13Apr 21, 2020 5:38 PM

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 11, 2020 9:06 PM

Oct 2009
Holy shet Shinpachi looking cool-lu
Sep 8, 2020 11:23 PM

Aug 2018
OK I am officially confused. I have so many questions........

Oct 24, 2020 10:00 PM

Jul 2020
Those Sadaharu's flashbacks were so emotional!!

And there's a time skip! OMG I didn't expect that, I still have a lot of questions unanswered!
Jan 5, 2021 6:40 PM

Aug 2009
LOVE THIS EPISODE!
May 17, 2021 2:38 PM

Mar 2017
timeskip shinpachi?? HELLO???
Jun 20, 2021 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
Fantastic episode, best of the arc. Animation was incredible, and utsuro continues to improve as a villain.
So I'm a bit confused, was that the end of the arc? With the ime skip it seems we're going into something new for these last episodes and the movie. Well if that was the end then this arc was legendary, a 10/10 or really close to it. Excited to see the future of kabuki district.
Jul 5, 2021 2:06 PM

May 2020
Oh man, what a grand spectacle (not in terms of visuals) of an episode, I love it.
And that throwback to episode 3 of Gintama, oh the memories... But instead of Gintoki, it's time skip(?) Shinpachi, very cool!
Aug 5, 2021 9:58 PM
Sep 2020
Flashbacks were spot on...fights were amazing....But it makes me wonder how no one of significance dies despite taking so many real hits...its like everyone is immortal...lmao and utsuro just takes more damage than them
Sep 5, 2021 10:36 PM

Jan 2016
Great episode as usual but wait how is everything back to normal? Why are samurai treated like crap after everything they did to help save earth. Hopefully that plus a lot of more questions will be answered soon.

Sep 21, 2021 9:08 PM

Feb 2009
Gintama went traditional action shounen, but did it well! The investment you put into these characters along these more than 300 and all the adventures and daily antics you lived with them, all the laugh and all the cries, just make you feel the struggle of this battle all the more. These last 2 episodes were simply outstanding.
Oct 15, 2021 2:01 AM

Dec 2018
wait, what happened in the end? did Utsuro just save everyone?
Dec 3, 2021 6:42 PM

Jun 2020
I thought I ran out of tears but I was consistently pouring water out of my eyes this ep LOL. Beautiful episode. I'm pretty sure Utsuro isn't dead yet since he went back into the Altana (And there is 6 more episodes lol) which pisses me the hell off. Also timeskip Shinpachi looking fine af though
Jan 9, 2022 5:59 AM
Mar 2010
1.5/5

One of the worst gintama arcs has come to an end. Hopefully the real final arc does better.
Mar 9, 2022 10:40 AM

Nov 2010
From the preview last ep. I thought they were gonna do their Gintama version of spirit bomb. I guess I was wrong. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Utsuro is still alive somewhere down there.

I wonder what happened to Sadaharu, he suddenly became a shooting star.

Post time skip! Shinpachi is the new Gintoki. He looks badass!
Apr 2, 2022 2:29 AM

Sep 2018
Wasn't expecting Utsuro's defeat like that tbh, it was pretty nicely executed, but I thought it might have been drawn out a little longer. So a time skip now, wonder where they going with all this? Only six episodes left and a couple of specials/movies to go. Still, this half has been much better than the first half.
Apr 8, 2022 5:12 PM

Feb 2012
Utsuro finally down ? He went to altana so i expect him to be back but hopefully not the case.
Ayo what ?? Shinpachi is cool now ?

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 6, 2022 2:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The daily life moments with Sadaharu :S it hurts in this situation, also nice to get more background part for Utsuro and how he sees Gintoki, but now it's everyone vs Utsuro basically and he ends up falling in the altana pit while the ship is crashing on Edo... that full ED part is not reassuring at all for sure... that time skip though?! And two years later Shinpachi is basically Gintoki for how they 1st met wow
Jul 24, 2022 9:45 PM

Jul 2021
omg ıdk what yo say ... lıke thıs epısode had so much goıng on and was absolutely phenomenal, ı loved ıt so muchhhh

and oh lord.... tımeskıp!!!
Jul 31, 2022 3:54 AM
Jul 2018
Wait! What happened?! Didn't they died from the impact?! What happened to Gintoki and others? Can't wait to see it!

The episode itself was amazing, great episode as always. And it looks like Utsuro either succeed or failed or whatever! I need to know!
Oct 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode, so Utsu... Utsushi... Shoyo finally died, huh? I thought he would be the final boss, wonder what they will do in the movie now. First we got a two year timeskip on our hands though, here's hoping to see young adult Kagura again xD
Dec 1, 2022 9:05 AM

Jan 2020
Seems like they're moving the spotlight to Shinpachi as Utsuro is losing againsthem.....
Dec 1, 2022 9:09 AM

Jan 2020
Shinpachi not a chump anymore while wearing Gintoki's robe......interesting direction......
Dec 1, 2022 9:12 AM

Jan 2020
So it seems like that was the last battle....I thought they would stretch it to the final season but this seems like a goodecision to wrap up the whole show....
Feb 19, 2023 9:57 PM

Nov 2017
Holy crap, two years later!? Crazy. Can't wait!
Aug 20, 2023 2:41 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I wouldn’t mind if Utsuro was killed for good right then and there, with the last few next episodes ending the series with comedy. 

Nov 12, 2023 11:04 AM

Mar 2019
I don't even know what to say. I was so so caught by surprise after that end. Amazing last episode of this arc, even if the season isn't over. Everything was just badass, from Utsuro being himself, Shoyo flashbacks and the scene with kid Gintoki. The beginning with Sadaharu was also sad. I didn't really like the whole "take my power!" part, but the episode recovered itself with that send-off by Utsuro, jumping down in the Altana after saying those words.

AND THEN IT JUST ENDS???

I never thought there would be an actual time skip in Gintama and that's why we got one in the movie, but this sure is interesting, although I really wanted Gintoki to fight alongside Takasugi and Katsura at the end. I can't wait to see what will happen with everyone.

Also, Shinpachi looks much better now, lol.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 25, 9:20 PM

Jun 2016
HOLY **** HOLY ******* ****
That was RAW. I felt the power in this one. I always preferred the comedy heavy episodes to the story/action heavy ones, but this is still one of the greatest episodes in the series. One of the greatest episodes in all of animation. Fantastic.
May 23, 1:07 PM
Nov 2023
Thios was hype!! This has 6 episodes left, but they skipped the good part? Hope to see how the fight ends.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

77 by tomoe22 »»
May 24, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 19, 2018

101 by tomoe22 »»
May 22, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 12, 2018

62 by tomoe22 »»
May 21, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Oct 7, 2018

143 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 2, 2018

79 by HyperNova06 »»
Apr 28, 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.