Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 1, 2019 1:37 AM

Jun 2012
The comedy with the torture while forgetting the question part made my day lol.

May 15, 2019 1:36 AM

Feb 2018
Historia turns out to be the successor of the royal family.
May 16, 2019 6:07 PM

Apr 2016
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
I like how Sannes referenced Erwin's dad, Armin's parents, and Historia's mom just to taunt Hange.

THIS.
I get mad most people don't see the little clues spread in the background. It's subtle and well done.

I feel like this season is going really fast? They skipped a lot of material. For real, a bunch of events aren't adapted? Damn, WIT back at it again with not adapting in order.
"You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid? (...) These kids just keep getting weirder."
May 17, 2019 3:17 AM

Aug 2012
CHANGnosia said:
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
I like how Sannes referenced Erwin's dad, Armin's parents, and Historia's mom just to taunt Hange.

THIS.
I get mad most people don't see the little clues spread in the background. It's subtle and well done.

I feel like this season is going really fast? They skipped a lot of material. For real, a bunch of events aren't adapted? Damn, WIT back at it again with not adapting in order.
This was Isayama's decision to ask WIT to adapt it this way because he wasn't happy with how it went in the manga.
May 17, 2019 7:16 AM
May 2019
The first action scene with Levi is so cool! ❤
May 17, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2016
sim0n2170 said:
CHANGnosia said:

THIS.

This was Isayama's decision to ask WIT to adapt it this way because he wasn't happy with how it went in the manga.

I didn't know that. Honestly I loved how he set this arc up in the manga. Next to it, the anime feels rushed, the plot is coming out of nowhere. But anyway, if that was Isayama's decision...We all know he's a perfectionnist.
"You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid? (...) These kids just keep getting weirder."
Jun 8, 2019 3:20 PM

Sep 2014
Anyone know who the second one is Sannes was talking about? First and third are kinda obvious by now.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 11, 2019 6:25 PM
Mar 2013
Thrilling is an understatement. This anime is really worth the wait
Jul 9, 2019 4:31 AM

Mar 2012
The action part with Levi was pretty dope. Forgot how cool the mobility gear scenes were.
Jul 12, 2019 8:06 AM

Mar 2015
What a crazy episode! I love it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 22, 2019 5:30 AM

Aug 2009
Now that S3 part 2 has finished airing, I'm rewatching the first part. I put this part on hold when S3 was announced as a split cour, so I never got past episode seven.

I keep coming back to this episode (currently at ep7 again) because it has stunning animation, music and a thrilling story with great development. Characters have to fight actual humans for the first time, the chase after Eren and Historia is nail bitingly intense, the Levi action scenes are gorgeous and Kenny also gets a great introduction.

Jean's doubts are very understandable, but it could have killed him. Props to Armin to saving him.

5/5
Nov 14, 2019 6:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wait wtf, Levi is from Mikasa's family
Jan 4, 2020 11:29 PM

Aug 2018
Jeez cmon bruh since S1 until now Eren keeps getting caught he should learn to put a fight like Mikasa hes only stronger when hes on titan form smh

I hope no one get kill on Levi's squad
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 23, 2020 2:43 PM

Jun 2017
anime stormtroopers atleast were better in achieving their objective lmao...
Sannes being a seasoned torture investigator should have known better they were laying a bait considering all the hints given beforehand..
Historia is the true heir to the throne..Interesting..
The whore Sannes spoke of is probably her mother...
bakakisimaMar 24, 2020 12:48 PM
Mar 23, 2020 7:10 PM

Jul 2019
bakakisima said:
anime stormtroopers atleast were better in achieving their objective lmao
So that episode did answer your question about the most wanted person not being getting kidnapped and military be only getting fooled.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Mar 24, 2020 2:29 AM

Mar 2019
Loved the action with Levi at the beginning. So humanity would have advanced if it wasn't for this family or group. I'm surprised that Levi is a Ackerman though. Good episode overall
Jun 4, 2020 2:31 AM

Oct 2019
So all Ackerman are crazy beastly creations..no wonder..

And lol Eren is been taken away quite a bit since S1..

The Initial action sequence was orgasmic..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jul 24, 2020 1:38 AM

Jul 2009
Such a Godlike Animation!!!

When Levi was sprinting all over town. Animation is just too good!!!

My GOODNESS!!!

There's a reason why Levi is pretty much the best Survey Corps ever :)

This Kenny bastard is surprisingly cunning and dangerous. Gotta be careful around him.

I love Hange and Levi interrogating that bastard.

So we're now delving in more to Krista/Historia's past. She's definitely gonna be the integral character in this season for sure.

ED song kinda sounds a funeral at first!
Jul 31, 2020 8:52 PM

Jul 2016
Man fuuck i had one of my fingernails ripped off one time when i was kidnapped by some fucking amature little gang kids and that shit hurts, i could never imagine to have all 10 ripped off... Becuase only when one is ripped off even the wind will hurt like hell
Aug 1, 2020 5:49 AM

Mar 2019
Historia is cuteee. But damn, that woman who wanted to shot Jean almost made me feel bad, but I mean, she killed the guy who was riding the thing so I'm glad that piece of shit girl died.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 24, 2020 2:36 PM

Feb 2019
This story is so interesting!

Beautiful OP and ED!

Princess Historia.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Sep 18, 2020 1:53 AM
Apr 2019
I watched this chase scene in Bluray and it’s more polished!
Sep 29, 2020 1:15 AM

Apr 2011
I wonder if Armin feels less guilty if he shot an old ugly man, instead of that woman? This applies to Jean, as well.

Nov 11, 2020 3:23 PM

Feb 2020
WOW what a thrilling episode, from the INCREDIBLE action at the start with levi (that was so so so good!!!) to the scene with armin and the dark comedy of the torture scene as well

is this the first time we are officially hearing that levi's surname is ackerman? i did already know it but i think this was the reveal

really great ep!!
Nov 22, 2020 11:48 AM

Apr 2019
LEVI 'S LAST NAME IS ACKERMAN?!?! SO HE'S RELATED TO MIKASA?!?! AND THE REISS FAMILY IS THE REAL ROYAL FAMILY?!? WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON???

Also, I'm glad Linked Horizon did the ED for this season. Wouldn't feel right if they had nothing to do with the ost for the season.
Dec 13, 2020 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
Levi is really a beast, he is a god with that device. And Levi has the same surname that Mikasa. Hmm, I wonder what this mean.

So Historia is the true heiress of the throne. If her father is the true ruler, I wonder who is that guy sitting in the throne.

This is what, the 4th time that Eren is kidnapped? He really needs to be more careful.
Dec 18, 2020 12:35 AM

Nov 2020
Seems like the writers aren't a fan of the Uprising arc anymore than most manga readers are. They're moving at a fast pace to make it as interesting as possible and to get to the next arc. Fantastic episode though. The Levi vs Kenny Squad sequence was tremendous. Some of the best animation I've ever seen. The Jean "Death" scene, the Armin scene, and the torture scene were awesome too. Great episode all around.
Dec 24, 2020 8:00 AM

Aug 2018
Wow awesome episode, that Levi vs Kenny squad sequence is awesomely animated and memorable. You can really feel bad for Armin because its his first time killing a person.
Dec 29, 2020 2:29 AM

May 2020
WOWOWOWOWOW the animation and writing is top tier. I also loved the ED, I can know more about Historia
Jan 16, 2021 5:32 AM
Jan 2021
Holy shit the animation so good. I want more human on human combat like this Levi vs Kenny fight.
Jan 21, 2021 4:53 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, so, I knew this series would get morally gray, but I didn't expect the transition from binary to spectrum to be so sudden. Everyone, every single person, in this episode looked like a fucking scumbag, and Armin is the only sense of reason. Well done.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 29, 2021 5:44 AM

Dec 2008
Aaand we got the name drop. Not like it tells us anything much though lol. Mikasa and Levi might just have the same last names or he might be Mikasa's long lost uncle, who knows
It'd be more impactful if the "Ackerman" had some kind of significance or implications like D. middle name in one piece for example

Good ep otherwise
Wonder when Eren stops getting kidnapped....
Feb 5, 2021 6:23 AM
Aug 2020
damn Levi is just *chef kiss*
Mar 24, 2021 9:18 AM

Aug 2020
What happened to Ereh being the protagonist?
Apr 27, 2021 1:55 AM

Jan 2018
Levi action scene was amazing

Also, Eren keeps getting kidnapped lmao
Jul 30, 2021 2:32 PM
May 2021
Man Eren gets captured more than the A-Team at this point 🤣
Oct 4, 2021 6:44 PM
Jul 2016
I have mixed feelings about the action sequence with Levi and the military police (so cliche) but the guns are a nice change of pace. I also don't like how the creators of AoT anime use Armin as a device for their philosophy and themes. It's great to explore heavy ideas such as the meaning of war but I prefer things such as that to be much more subtle (Urasawa was keen on showing and not telling in Monster, for example). Armin is just an uninteresting character to me. I love most of the characters actually but he is constantly used as a device by the writers. In the second season, he was used as a device for discussing the need for sacrifice in order to enact real change. Now, he is used for the discussing the morality of war. It's uninspired to discuss your themes so obviously in any medium of art. And he is also so goddamn whiney and stale. Jean, Reiner, and Bertolt are really the only characters that are keeping me invested in this anime on a personal level (I like Erwin, Hange, Sasha, and Connie as well). You can see a believable character progression in Jean and the mystery of Reiner and Bertolt is captivating. Everyone else is just so codependent and flat.
So far, the third season is seeming like a real step back from the excellent second season. Hopefully, there is a little more subtly moving forward. Some character development would be nice as well.
Oct 26, 2021 9:03 PM

Jun 2020
Kenny made his appearance and a reunion that Levi didn't want to have well at least he's changed Kenny's views of him

I thought Jean died back there and certainly would regret seeing that glad that he's still in the game

There's a lot more to uncover before the truth is told and I'm excited about what will happen next.
Oct 27, 2021 10:15 AM
Nov 2020
Without the shadow of a doubt one of the greatest animated action sequences in anime history. Levi's animation costs probably swallow half the budget each season
Nov 22, 2021 12:29 PM

Jul 2021
Just when we started getting some Levi x Mikasa scenes, they throw the bomb that is “Levi Ackermann”. 😩

PLS DON’T RUIN MY SHIP.
SasunessNov 22, 2021 1:26 PM
Nov 22, 2021 3:02 PM

Oct 2020
OK....that action at the beggining was amazing !
Dec 29, 2021 8:40 AM

Jul 2021
man this episode was so so good.

i really like the new op and ed, its not like the others we have had until now, its nice to have a slow song rather than the drums and bass with chantings.

we start with banger action, levi kills of people just as easily he kills titans.

man they were playing with my fucking heart, showing that jean had a pistol pointed at him and then we hear a gunhot and a body falling down, i was so scared but at the same time thinking, "they can't just kill of jean like that" and then we see it was actually armin who killed the lady who was probably gonna kill jean.

it felt sad man, watching armin break down upon killing a human. he felt genuinely really bad about killing a human, its gonna fuck with his head for a long time now. killing a titan and a fellow human is a completely different thing.

they are gonna eat eren wtf?

ah good to see them torture the torturer, man the way they fucked with his head by making his friend say bad shit about him, and he finally revealed the truth. historia is the true heir damn

i'm loving this psychological wars in this anime, we have had too much of bat shit crazy action, i love that but still these political and psychological games are very interesting to watch, i love it when people's heads are fucked with.

fuck that poor merchant got killed and that too his son had to watch him get murdered, poor kid gonna be traumatised for life

i can't believe i was spoiled about levi ackerman even before i knew about attack of titan, i was playing valorant one day and a dude in enemy team had his name as levi ackerman, idk but for some reason i remembered it and after i started watching aot i was like fuck that guy, i was unknowingly spoiled man. i wonder how i would have reacted if i had learnt about it for the first time this episode.

very very interesting uptill now

excited for next episode.
TsutanaiFuunDec 29, 2021 8:54 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 4, 2022 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
Levi dipped.
They found Eren.
Historia and Eren got shot.
Shot in the face.
Levi.
Dat flashback.
Kenny.

Linked Horizon got moved to doing the ED now. Good song, but it hurts. With that said... Shinzou wo sasageta!

Watch date: 5/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 14, 2022 2:29 PM
Jul 2021
It's another 'Eren gets captured' episode... only this time, Crocodile Dundee is here! And - Oh no, we can't kill the heckin humans, otherwise we won't be able to drag this arc out for another X number of episodes.

The only reason I'm not dropping it is because I heard the payoff is worth it at the end.
Jan 15, 2022 5:42 PM

Dec 2020
this levi-kenny levi squad-kenny squas chase scene.. Actually forgot abt this how did i manage to do that. shits REVOLUTIONARY. and im not even exaggerating?? JAW DROPPING. REALLY. (also kenny squad be full of hot people wtf..)

armin killed a person.. and its not only going to be armin next time.

BIGG REVEAL! historia and the reiss family is the true royal bloodline, and levi is an ACKERMANN? same surname as mikasa🤔😮🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 wonder what that means
Jan 19, 2022 7:18 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
That's why Levi got a screentime nerf on a previous season. Because his contribution on this episode really well done and one of the satisfaction point i watch aot. As expected from Levi Ackerman. Really? Damn, tell me more about that Ripperman.

So, Eren and Historia being captured and ended up with those old man. Who's that? Interesting knowing the fact that she's about to sit on the crown. And why she needs to be taken back, because her existence within the Survey Corps, might be a dangerous situations for those that hide inside the interior wall and the capital. Fear lead them into doing a brutal things, and its sure not satisfied Levi and the rest. But why need Eren too? Thats what this season need to talk about.

Also, Armin had a mental regression there. I am afraid his mind will be twisted to the bad side with all that change. Not to mention he's not even narrated the short recap again like before. Lets aside that because after all, Levi still trying to justified it was actually one of the funny moment, especially at the torture part with a poor PM dude when when in tandem with Hange. Oh well, what a weird episode. Lets head back to another flashback episode again....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 16, 2022 11:09 AM

Jul 2022
That fight between Levi and Kenny is rightfully legendary. The man is a king.
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Dec 12, 2022 9:30 AM
Aug 2022
that chase scene was sick
Feb 19, 2023 1:09 PM
Jan 2023
Levi Ackerman???
Mar 14, 2023 8:54 PM
Apr 2021
Nice, so Historia is the royal successor. And Eren? What is the plan? Who and why did they overthrow the Reiss family? So many questions.
What Armin said about being criminals is interesting. They are indeed killing people due to differing perspectives, however, isn't it just?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

114 by therealnagora »»
May 27, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 25, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.