The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2018 9:13 AM
May 2010
TJHooker said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

yeah right, having a weak, crying wimp as mc, who powers up during fights is better, and so unpredictable? what a joke

I know you don't watch BNHA because you'd know the main character isn't wimp at all. You'd also know that he has never powered up during a fight. The main character in BNHA gets stronger through hard work and perseverance. The MC in the Seven Deadly Sins gets stronger by asking some people he somehow gave his power to a while ago for it back. It doesn't get any lamer than that. He has never gotten stronger by training throughout the shows runtime.

Well, last episode seems like a power up in middle fight....
May 4, 2018 9:58 AM
Dec 2016
NHS-KEMISH said:

Why did you watch it if you haven't seen the rest of the show? If you had watched the rest you'd know it wasn't.
May 4, 2018 10:00 AM
May 2010
TJHooker said:
NHS-KEMISH said:

Why did you watch it if you haven't seen the rest of the show? If you had watched the rest you'd know it wasn't.

I've watched the rest of the show O_O, if not why would I comment...and I read the manga. So yep, a slight power up or ass pull in the middle fight :)
May 4, 2018 10:26 AM

May 2014
i really wanna like this show but the story is so awful. i like the characters, the art style and animation is fine, i even went ahead and caught up with most of the manga but my god its like the author has no direction at all. i made it to chapter 200 and im just left so confused 90% of the time
May 4, 2018 12:57 PM
Dec 2016
NHS-KEMISH said:

I've watched the rest of the show O_O, if not why would I comment...and I read the manga. So yep, a slight power up or ass pull in the middle fight :)

Sorry I thought you were the other guy.

If anything it was a slight power up, but it wouldn't be an ass pull because All Might has had the same power up in Season 1. I didn't see it as a power up though. Muscular said Deku's second 100% smash was weaker than his first. That means his second smash wasn't actually 100%. For his last smash, the inspiration Kota gave him, adrenaline, and hyping himself up made it possible for him to use an actual 100% again. He was only able to overwhelm Muscular in the end because Muscular had thought that he had already won and let his guard down.
May 6, 2018 12:04 AM
Oct 2017
Beruang said:
Klad said:
I'm guessing the manga is way better than the anime even though I haven't read it. I'm just going by what most of people/my friends say.
Nah, the manga actually gets quite tedious down the line, it's like the author has no idea what they're doing.

"Mangaka has no idea what he is doing"
Damn I am legit laughing cuz mangaka knows what he is doing and where the plot is going but you don't know where it is going that's why it is unpredictable in the first place lol so it is giving constant suspense and the downhill thing I guess you didn't get those events and flashbacks
May 6, 2018 12:06 AM
Oct 2017
-Judar- said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

yeah, sadly a shitty generic shounen has higher ratings than something more unique, but people have bad taste anyways xd

No, nanatsu no taizai is a below average and uninteresting shounen and the main characters are obnoxious.

"Anime onlys will say nonsense only"
That's why read manga it is nowhere your below average and Elizabeth isn't useless lol read manga
May 6, 2018 12:08 AM
Oct 2017
yaokitsme said:
i really wanna like this show but the story is so awful. i like the characters, the art style and animation is fine, i even went ahead and caught up with most of the manga but my god its like the author has no direction at all. i made it to chapter 200 and im just left so confused 90% of the time
read further it is slow manga and stories come pieces by pieces and the mangaka has planned everything it is confusing cuz it is not a generic shonen where you can get the story easily lol
May 6, 2018 12:12 AM
Oct 2017
Guatafat said:
Lmao all these people saying "bnha is generic shit" can't they see this is also generic af? At least bnha has no cheap excuses to power up its main character... uhhh so meliodas had this power from long time ago... yeah sure and now... he got it back. BS

BnHA isn't a generic like those generic series but NnT isn't generic cuz here events are different and plots are different and everything is good damn that's why read manga to know more
May 6, 2018 12:13 AM
Oct 2017
Pandarenboy said:
Klad said:
I'm guessing the manga is way better than the anime even though I haven't read it. I'm just going by what most of people/my friends say.

No it's just that what this season adapts is the worst part of the 3 parts of the story.
Even though that only it has some major events coming up too
So wait is the only thing here
May 6, 2018 6:50 AM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Monish_Psycho100 said:
-Judar- said:

No, nanatsu no taizai is a below average and uninteresting shounen and the main characters are obnoxious.

That's why read manga it is nowhere your below average and Elizabeth isn't useless lol read manga

I've read 200 chapters of NnT and I still think NnT is bad.
Elizabeth isn't useless, but I still find her annoying, just like Meliodas.
May 6, 2018 8:44 AM
Oct 2017
-Judar- said:
Monish_Psycho100 said:

I've read 200 chapters of NnT and I still think NnT is bad.
Elizabeth isn't useless, but I still find her annoying, just like Meliodas.

Read further then you can know why the events are pre-planned for bigger events coming ...The manga is slow and the suspense of it has not been started yet so read completely personally speaking as of right now it is the best shonen running manga with consistency quality pacing
There are certain events coming which one can't think at the first place that's why NnT is not bad but is very well planned for upcoming events and the mangaka sure does know where the story is going
Patience is only one thing which will help
May 6, 2018 10:44 AM

May 2014
Monish_Psycho100 said:
yaokitsme said:
read further it is slow manga and stories come pieces by pieces and the mangaka has planned everything it is confusing cuz it is not a generic shonen where you can get the story easily lol

i just dont think thats the case of the author knows everything ahead of time; there are a lot of fairy tail style asspulls that just dont make any sense

May 6, 2018 11:02 AM
Oct 2017
yaokitsme said:
Monish_Psycho100 said:

i just dont think thats the case of the author knows everything ahead of time; there are a lot of fairy tail style asspulls that just dont make any sense

Nah man it is well planned and well executed I do admit the writing isn't that great cuz it has plotholes but tbh what you think as asspull they are corrected somewhere else also another thing which doesn't make sense cuz generally a story can be predicted where it will go but in here what one can even think of it is protraited nicely giving vibes of FMA (like stories come pieces by pieces) and suspense like HxH though it isn't that great on that lvl but the execution stands out nicely and perfectly that's why even if there is asspull they are connected somewhere in the story which eradicates them it is the reason why many don't get those ideas and it seems like it doesn't make any sense,but actually the mangaka knows what he is doing and when the character thought out plans will be made so it not only appeal to teen but also appeal to adults in Japan that's why it is still popular in Japan
May 7, 2018 5:25 AM

Aug 2014
Monish_Psycho100 said:
Beruang said:
Nah, the manga actually gets quite tedious down the line, it's like the author has no idea what they're doing.

"Mangaka has no idea what he is doing"
Damn I am legit laughing cuz mangaka knows what he is doing and where the plot is going but you don't know where it is going that's why it is unpredictable in the first place lol so it is giving constant suspense and the downhill thing I guess you didn't get those events and flashbacks

It's obvious the mangaka doesn't know where to take the story, and if he does know then he's just a terrible author. Too much random acts and convenience happen, there's absolutely no suspense and it quite honestly bores me each week. If I hadn't invested so much time into it already, I would have dropped it at least a hundred chapters ago.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
May 7, 2018 7:46 AM

Feb 2014
64BitRatchet said:
DatRandomDude said:
You can thanks Netflix for that
This is the main reason not a lot of people are talking about it.

Seriously, the vast majority of the people in this thread are completely missing the point. It has almost nothing to do with the show’s quality. Most shows that are held hostage on Netflix while it’s airing in Japan have all their momentum taking out from under them.

Sins had a totally fucked up airing schedule during the first season which made it very inaccessible to most normal folks. Despite what people may think, a lot of people aren’t interested and don’t like to pirate, so if a show isn’t coming in a timely manner on services we all know such as Crunchyroll/Funimation then it can really kill the hype. If Netflix simulcasted the show the situation would be a lot better since so many people have access to Netflix.

Sins is still recovering from the first season’s airing schedule on Netflix, I mean it had an insane wait time, like more than usual for Netflix, and now we have to wait two season until we can watch the second season and that just kills the enthusiasm people have for it. Anime fans don’t want heavy delay casts.

Honestly the fact that Sins still has a fairly decent following despite the terrible release schedule is kind of impressive. This show very well could be as big as My Hero, but it got in the wrong hands. Also there is virtually no marketing for it except for like a trailer on Netflix’s YouTube channel. If this was on CR or Funi on top of their level of marketing, this show would be a lot bigger.
LoomyTheBrewMay 7, 2018 8:08 AM
May 8, 2018 6:42 PM
Mar 2016
Honestly I'm just getting bored, show feels like it hasn't really done much since half way through season1, and my enjoyment has been plummeting with every episode, think I'll be taking a break at episode 14.

All the characters I used to like are getting bogged down in their subplots that drag on forever, the ban-Elaine just takes up so much time, to think Ban was my favorite character (and the initial flashback with Elaine was my favorite scene) and now I dread seeing him on screen because that means more dragged out Elaine shit.

At this point the only characters I still like are Jericho, (Drunk)Melascula and maybe Galand if only for his funny antics

otaku_trash1236May 8, 2018 6:49 PM
May 11, 2018 6:58 AM
Apr 2018
ImAWeebUwU said:
Vlad4o said:
I think after Boku no Hero Academia people forgot this even existed.

yeah, sadly a shitty generic shounen has higher ratings than something more unique, but people have bad taste anyways xd

It's funny, because you gave Fairy Tail a 9/10
May 11, 2018 12:29 PM
Apr 2017
LoomyTheBrew said:
64BitRatchet said:
This is the main reason not a lot of people are talking about it.

Seriously, the vast majority of the people in this thread are completely missing the point. It has almost nothing to do with the show’s quality. Most shows that are held hostage on Netflix while it’s airing in Japan have all their momentum taking out from under them.

Sins had a totally fucked up airing schedule during the first season which made it very inaccessible to most normal folks. Despite what people may think, a lot of people aren’t interested and don’t like to pirate, so if a show isn’t coming in a timely manner on services we all know such as Crunchyroll/Funimation then it can really kill the hype. If Netflix simulcasted the show the situation would be a lot better since so many people have access to Netflix.

Sins is still recovering from the first season’s airing schedule on Netflix, I mean it had an insane wait time, like more than usual for Netflix, and now we have to wait two season until we can watch the second season and that just kills the enthusiasm people have for it. Anime fans don’t want heavy delay casts.

Honestly the fact that Sins still has a fairly decent following despite the terrible release schedule is kind of impressive. This show very well could be as big as My Hero, but it got in the wrong hands. Also there is virtually no marketing for it except for like a trailer on Netflix’s YouTube channel. If this was on CR or Funi on top of their level of marketing, this show would be a lot bigger.
Yes, nothing more to say.
May 11, 2018 4:08 PM

Jan 2015
RubyP said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

and? better than bnha
May 11, 2018 9:59 PM
Apr 2018
ImAWeebUwU said:
RubyP said:

and? better than bnha

If you're making an argument, at least try to back it up. Fairy Tail is full of irrelevant and boring arcs, most of the characters aren't even characters, and the few good ones are barely developed.

Furthermore, it seems this show constantly tries to ruin the mood; it goes from serious to "comedy" (which is awful and borderline annoying; char.X gets in a fight with char.Y, they destroy stuff around them and char.Z stops them. Yes, that's the majority of comedic scenes) and it ends up being full of fanservice, another annoying aspect of FT.

Also, this show avoids killing off its characters at any cost, the only major death of the series was Igneel, someone we were supposed to care about even tho we met him like 3 episodes before his death. Makarov also died in the manga, but he was of course brought back to life with the power of friendship, destroying any kind of emotional stakes, and you end up feeling cheated. Speaking of friendship, the majority of fights in the series follow the same shitty formula; Villain group shows up, FT members split up to fight the villains one-on-one, the main characters end up finding the villains' boss, somehow Natsu is left to fight him alone, he starts gaining the upper hand, villain powers up, shitty and uninspiring friendship talk and Natsu powers up to defeat the bad guy. Not only is this a bad and lazy way to make fights, but with the minimum buildup and shitty power ups, you get bored of the concept, and you end up hating it.

Moreover, despite all the hints and the waiting, no romance appears, not even in the ending. That's just bullshit. Lastly, some of the character designs were very clearly taken from other anime, Loki and Ichigo, Jellal and some other blue haired guy with a mark on his eye, it seems Hiro Mashima couldn't even be bothered with making unique character designs.

However, I will give credit where credit is due, the music is unique and some of the fillers were pretty good (that is compared to the rest of Fairy Tail) and when I watched it I liked it alot. It was one of my first anime, but despite that, I can't rewatch it no matter what, because of all the flaws of the show.

In conclusion, FT and MHA shouldn't be compared. MHA, so far (the anime), is way better than FT, and the writing is exceptional. The most recent arc of the manga had you cheering for both Deku and the Villain, and it was just 10 bloody chapters.
RubyPMay 11, 2018 10:16 PM
May 12, 2018 4:57 AM

Jan 2015
RubyP said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

and? better than bnha

If you're making an argument, at least try to back it up. Fairy Tail is full of irrelevant and boring arcs, most of the characters aren't even characters, and the few good ones are barely developed.

Furthermore, it seems this show constantly tries to ruin the mood; it goes from serious to "comedy" (which is awful and borderline annoying; char.X gets in a fight with char.Y, they destroy stuff around them and char.Z stops them. Yes, that's the majority of comedic scenes) and it ends up being full of fanservice, another annoying aspect of FT.

Also, this show avoids killing off its characters at any cost, the only major death of the series was Igneel, someone we were supposed to care about even tho we met him like 3 episodes before his death. Makarov also died in the manga, but he was of course brought back to life with the power of friendship, destroying any kind of emotional stakes, and you end up feeling cheated. Speaking of friendship, the majority of fights in the series follow the same shitty formula; Villain group shows up, FT members split up to fight the villains one-on-one, the main characters end up finding the villains' boss, somehow Natsu is left to fight him alone, he starts gaining the upper hand, villain powers up, shitty and uninspiring friendship talk and Natsu powers up to defeat the bad guy. Not only is this a bad and lazy way to make fights, but with the minimum buildup and shitty power ups, you get bored of the concept, and you end up hating it.

Moreover, despite all the hints and the waiting, no romance appears, not even in the ending. That's just bullshit. Lastly, some of the character designs were very clearly taken from other anime, Loki and Ichigo, Jellal and some other blue haired guy with a mark on his eye, it seems Hiro Mashima couldn't even be bothered with making unique character designs.

However, I will give credit where credit is due, the music is unique and some of the fillers were pretty good (that is compared to the rest of Fairy Tail) and when I watched it I liked it alot. It was one of my first anime, but despite that, I can't rewatch it no matter what, because of all the flaws of the show.

In conclusion, FT and MHA shouldn't be compared. MHA, so far (the anime), is way better than FT, and the writing is exceptional. The most recent arc of the manga had you cheering for both Deku and the Villain, and it was just 10 bloody chapters.

there is nothing to bring up. bnha is a hot pile of garbage, there is nothing to add to that. i agree, i don't want to compare a decent show -fairy tail- to this shit, so lets stop.

and lol, every point you brought up can be applied to bnha as well, doesn't kill off anyone, no romance, copies other shounens etc.
May 12, 2018 7:42 AM
Apr 2018
ImAWeebUwU said:
RubyP said:

there is nothing to bring up. bnha is a hot pile of garbage, there is nothing to add to that. i agree, i don't want to compare a decent show -fairy tail- to this shit, so lets stop.

and lol, every point you brought up can be applied to bnha as well, doesn't kill off anyone, no romance, copies other shounens etc.

Still wont back up your argument eh? MHA is literally only a quarter of a story, and the anime is at like the 1/12th of the whole story. The manga already killed off a major character and romance is slowly appearing. Additionally, I want you to name another shounen with the same themes as MHA (Superhero society, questioning the morals of heroes and villains alike) that came before it.
May 12, 2018 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
As long as it sells well I prefer it to be this way.
Hype "usually" comes from people who makes you hate the show regardless of how good/bad it is.Take SAO for example.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
May 14, 2018 8:18 PM

May 2016
No hype because there is nowhere to watch it legally at the moment. So the people who are against piracy have to wait until Netflix announces its release, assuming they picked up the second season.
May 21, 2018 8:26 AM

Jul 2013
otaku_trash1236 said:
All the characters I used to like are getting bogged down in their subplots that drag on forever, the ban-Elaine just takes up so much time, to think Ban was my favorite character (and the initial flashback with Elaine was my favorite scene) and now I dread seeing him on screen because that means more dragged out Elaine shit.

I know I'm a bit late to this thread. But the Ban-Elaine point is a big reason why I started to dislike this show and it's characters. This author is VERY bad when it comes to the topic of love. So bad in fact, that every single one of his characters, who are quite likable on their own, become annoying paired up with his/her better half.

I like Elisabeth when she's not harassed by Meliodas, I like Ban when he isn't constantly clinging to Elaine, I like King whenever Diane is not nearby. I liked Gowther before his "finding love" shitshow, something everyone just accepted and moved on from without any consequences and I found Escanor cool until he revealed himself to be a Merlin fanboy. Every single relationship in this series destroys it's characters because everyone feels to be "forced to be in love with someone else". It's like they have no right to exist if they weren't in love. It seems extremely forced.

Not to mention that the overall plot suffers greatly because of that too. The first season was really good, story, characters and the pacing was fine, but this second one (17 eps in) is boring, the plot is all over the place yet not going anywhere and the characters become more and more one-dimensional and replaceable the more we know about them.
Aug 8, 2018 3:35 AM

Oct 2017
Here's my 2 cents.
I had been looking forward to this, loved the first season and waited for all episodes to be aired so I could binge,........ and for reasons ended up not doing that at all. I find myself pretty disinterested, started watching a few weeks ago and still am only halfway through the 2nd season.

All of a sudden it's all about magic points, power scores and that kind of sh.. that never interested me in any series at any time to begin with. For some reason in this season the totally uncalled for but seemingly even more prominent sexual harrassment/groping of Elizabeth by Melodias doesn't even serve any comical purpose anymore and is just random and annoying.... or is it just me?
Convenient plot armour, overcooked contrived drama and forced backgroundstories don't get me invested in the characters at all. The show has been reduced to, or has revealed itself to be just another shounen action series and for some reason was better at disguising itself as being something else in its first season or something like that?

The genre is not my go to pleasure to begin with but as a comparison, I'm watching BNHA with my son, would never choose to watch it on my own but for some reason I find even that show more entertaining (despite the obvious tropes and flaws) and feel more invested in the characters than I do with SDS right now....
My opinion on the genre and BNHA is entirely my own, which doesn't mean I think anyone is at fault for liking it, that's just personal preference to me, just so to let you all know... ;)

Perhaps I'm not the only one feeling this way about SDS right now and that's why not all that many people are talking all too enthousiastically about it?
And maybe they are but it doesn't reach me because I'm hardly investing time in exploring more about it, that's quite possible as well of course......
Sep 24, 2018 6:36 PM

Sep 2008
I mean, its nothing special, but unlike most people here I felt this season was superior to the first one. I just don't like the lazy writing and the way the author bogs down characters with unnecessary bs. But then again, that is a flaw carried over from the first season.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

24 by modboy »»
May 26, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.