Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 7, 2018 11:38 AM

Feb 2017
Kittens-kun said:
RedKaZero said:

I mean supporting your claim with proofs is a basic thing in an argument... but sure, it's my problem that I'm not seeing these imaginary "nonsense stuff"

I'm not trying to have an argument though. I'm just stating my opinion, and you're getting mad that it doesn't align with yours.

But you are not stating any opinions though? You are just posting wrong statements about how the anime is "nonsense". When asked to explain those nonsense things, you avoid the question.
If you were to post your opinion then it would be more in line that you don't understand what's going on rather than the anime not making any sense, which is perfectly fine but that's not the anime being nonsense.
Mar 7, 2018 11:50 AM

May 2015
RedKaZero said:
Kittens-kun said:

I'm not trying to have an argument though. I'm just stating my opinion, and you're getting mad that it doesn't align with yours.

But you are not stating any opinions though? You are just posting wrong statements about how the anime is "nonsense". When asked to explain those nonsense things, you avoid the question.
If you were to post your opinion then it would be more in line that you don't understand what's going on rather than the anime not making any sense, which is perfectly fine but that's not the anime being nonsense.

I don't understand what's going on because they haven't explained jack shit. The writing is just bad.

Mar 7, 2018 11:55 AM
Mar 2016
How did Rin got to join them in the 3rd floor when she was even involved in any fighting?

Btw no "UMU" count today, cu'z I could have sworn that Saber did mention it when she was looking at a mushroom.
Mar 7, 2018 4:41 PM

Sep 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Nayout said:

Then you should pay more attention to what you are seeing

Paying attention doesn't stop the story from being a confusing mess.

If you pay attention you will understand the things that the plot tells you. That the plot is confused does not mean that you do not understand "nothing"
These types of stories do not work well in some people because the information that the series gives is lost week by week. It is best to wait until it is complete and see it without having to wait weeks for episodes.

Why are some understanding and others not?
Mar 7, 2018 6:22 PM

Jul 2017
U sure this isn't Fate/Madoka?

Also to those of you going for Umu counter youre watching the wrong fansubs. The memesub is shit.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Mar 8, 2018 12:52 AM
May 2013
I like the use of Madoka witch barrier art for Alice's NP, especially since the game didn't really do too well in capturing the spirit of the Nameless Forest other than putting some harsh red and orange tones on the screen, iirc. Would have made more sense to have had Alice's summon as the castle monster instead of a Madoka witch knockoff, but whatever. Even a version of one of the EXTRA game's generic enemies would have been cool for fanservice. Not too sold on Amari's character, but those white tights are very lewd!
Mar 8, 2018 5:56 AM

Nov 2016
Cool visuals, sad story for Alice,but aside from that I was bored to death.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 8, 2018 1:40 PM
Jun 2014
I'm the only one who isn't getting what the fuck is going on? It has turn a chore to watch this. Nero/UmU is the one thing that keeps me going
Mar 8, 2018 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
A message to people bitching about the story: IT'S YOUR FAULT. You probably aren't used to mystery anime and intentionally confusing plot. All the information is there or will be presented later. You just need to use your brain for once and figure it out on your own.
Mar 8, 2018 4:31 PM

Dec 2014
HEY IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, THE VISUALS IN THIS EPISODE LOOKED A LOT LIKE MADOKA MAGICA
JUST THOUGHT I'D POINT THAT OUT SINCE NO ONE ELSE HERE HAS MENTIONED IT
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Mar 8, 2018 4:36 PM

Dec 2014
RedKaZero said:

I don't think you understand the concept of "opinions"

o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/Submit
noun
plural noun: opinions
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Mar 9, 2018 2:02 AM

Mar 2017
At this point I can't help but think that Nasu lied about how this Anime is made both for 'those familiar with the setting' and 'those who don't', judging from the complaints of people unfamiliar with Extra games here.

As someone who had played Extra at some point, this Anime is really good and entertaining so far, with all these 'mystery plot' and tie-ins with the original story and beautiful visuals. Though, the fight scenes and the overall 'execution' feels lacking. Or at least from what we got so far.

Nasu don't disappoint us please.
Mar 9, 2018 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
-34- said:
At this point I can't help but think that Nasu lied about how this Anime is made both for 'those familiar with the setting' and 'those who don't', judging from the complaints of people unfamiliar with Extra games here.

As someone who had played Extra at some point, this Anime is really good and entertaining so far, with all these 'mystery plot' and tie-ins with the original story and beautiful visuals. Though, the fight scenes and the overall 'execution' feels lacking. Or at least from what we got so far.

As someone who didn't play any of the games I have to disagree with you. The basic premise is actually laid out in a simple way, by making others explain things to Hakuno. I think that so far the complaints are a result of a severe lack in intelligence, attention to detail and memory. It's just a matter of noticing all the small stuff and remembering it until relevant information allows you to make a connection. While it may be hard to notice these details without some intelligence it's not like we're dealing with Serial Experiments Lain here.
Mar 9, 2018 4:46 AM

Dec 2015
Didnt expect to see nursery rhyme with some madoka background. I think this floor is gonna be more interesting than the previous one
Mar 9, 2018 5:53 AM

Apr 2015
Man these threads are a downer sometimes :/
heh

anyway, uh

best scene in the entire thing. so damn cute, aaaaa

Alice was sad, I was pretty engrossed the entire episode this time, although that might have more to do with the fact that I didn't bother to try to understand this particular episode without subs, then the episode itself, not sure. haha

Could hakuno really be remembering one of his dead memories while he was with Alice? The different command seals are weird for sure...
Mar 10, 2018 1:59 AM
Sep 2016
RedKaZero said:
Kittens-kun said:

OK, lemme just butt in a bit here cause this kinda pisses me off
You don't really know what an opinion is, do you?
Quit getting triggered over someone stating how they feel. No one has any obligation to sit down and type out explanations about why they feel how they feel to you,me or anyone else....and stop acting entitled while you're at it. (Of course an opinion that doesn't match up with yours is wrong lol)
You're just looking for arguments where there are none and being a bother for no reason

If someone was just passing by and dropped a comment saying the anime was good or brilliant, I'm betting you wouldn't be grilling them on how "wrong" they were for not typing out a paragraph of why they think so in each and every episode discussion
JudoJDMar 10, 2018 2:07 AM
1.1.Six
Mar 10, 2018 4:50 AM

Feb 2017
JudoJD said:
RedKaZero said:

OK, lemme just butt in a bit here cause this kinda pisses me off
You don't really know what an opinion is, do you?
Quit getting triggered over someone stating how they feel. No one has any obligation to sit down and type out explanations about why they feel how they feel to you,me or anyone else....and stop acting entitled while you're at it. (Of course an opinion that doesn't match up with yours is wrong lol)
You're just looking for arguments where there are none and being a bother for no reason

If someone was just passing by and dropped a comment saying the anime was good or brilliant, I'm betting you wouldn't be grilling them on how "wrong" they were for not typing out a paragraph of why they think so in each and every episode discussion

My bad then... I was in the wrong. I saw that person spamming the same thing over and over in other threads so I decided to answer them, should have left them alone
Mar 10, 2018 11:01 PM

Dec 2014
squirrvev said:
-34- said:

As someone who didn't play any of the games I have to disagree with you. The basic premise is actually laid out in a simple way, by making others explain things to Hakuno. I think that so far the complaints are a result of a severe lack in intelligence, attention to detail and memory. It's just a matter of noticing all the small stuff and remembering it until relevant information allows you to make a connection. While it may be hard to notice these details without some intelligence it's not like we're dealing with Serial Experiments Lain here.

As someone who played Extra. Even if you watch out for details you wont understand a lot of those details because those a re clear references to events from CCC or Extra/Extella even.
So far Last Encore is not Anime only viewer friendly at all.
Heck all the character arcs from Blackmore & Shinji build upon the fact that you know what happend prior in the games and is basiclly the final chapter of characterbuilding/development. Tho you wont have any context to that because everything else happend in the games.
For example Shinji in this Fate is only a 8-12 year old kid who joined the moon cell for fun but than shit hit the fan and the battle royal happend.

Sadly it is more for the player than the newcomers cause of all the small details you wont understand cause the Anime doesnt explain those things rather it build upon that knowledge.
Mar 11, 2018 12:34 AM

Oct 2008
This episode visuals totally and strongly resembles Mahou Shoujo MADOKA Magica!
4/5.

Mar 11, 2018 1:19 AM
Jul 2018
MonoReaper said:
squirrvev said:

As someone who played Extra. Even if you watch out for details you wont understand a lot of those details because those a re clear references to events from CCC or Extra/Extella even.
Heck all the character arcs from Blackmore & Shinji build upon the fact that you know what happend prior in the games and is basiclly the final chapter of characterbuilding/development. Tho you wont have any context to that because everything else happend in the games.
For example Shinji in this Fate is only a 8-12 year old kid who joined the moon cell for fun but than shit hit the fan and the battle royal happend.

Sadly it is more for the player than the newcomers cause of all the small details you wont understand cause the Anime doesnt explain those things rather it build upon that knowledge.

I have to point out some serious issues with your reply.
FIRST
You have no way of knowing whether I understand something without any insight into my thoughts. I didn't share my reflections here, so regardless of YOUR experience, MY understanding is something that only I can evaluate.

SECOND
You have to remember that this is an ORIGINAL STORY based on the UNIVERSE Fate/Extra game series takes place in. It doesn't qualify as an adaptation of any of the games. The premise is actually different, with some elements added or changed.

THIRD
We don't know how many episodes this will have or what kind of information will be revealed later. Only Nasu knows that. So even if there's something in the games, that in your opinion makes it impossible for me to understand the details, there's still a chance that later revelations will make up for it. Or maybe it won't matter since the main point of this anime isn't the Holy Grail War or its participants. I would rather call it a mystery focused on Mooncell and Hakuno. Notice that these elements are actually different from their game counterparts. That's why there was a lot of confusion in the first episodes, even for those who played the game.
Mar 11, 2018 1:56 PM
Jul 2007
Loved the art in this episode. I got huge Madoka vibes.
Mar 11, 2018 9:40 PM

Dec 2014
squirrvev said:
MonoReaper said:

I have to point out some serious issues with your reply.
FIRST
You have no way of knowing whether I understand something without any insight into my thoughts. I didn't share my reflections here, so regardless of YOUR experience, MY understanding is something that only I can evaluate.

SECOND
You have to remember that this is an ORIGINAL STORY based on the UNIVERSE Fate/Extra game series takes place in. It doesn't qualify as an adaptation of any of the games. The premise is actually different, with some elements added or changed.

THIRD
We don't know how many episodes this will have or what kind of information will be revealed later. Only Nasu knows that. So even if there's something in the games, that in your opinion makes it impossible for me to understand the details, there's still a chance that later revelations will make up for it. Or maybe it won't matter since the main point of this anime isn't the Holy Grail War or its participants. I would rather call it a mystery focused on Mooncell and Hakuno. Notice that these elements are actually different from their game counterparts. That's why there was a lot of confusion in the first episodes, even for those who played the game.

Its not about your view or understanding of the Anime-
but about the majority of people who complain about those things.
As my example prior posted: those characters we see as Shinji/Rin arent the Shinji & Rin we know from the normal fate.
One is a kid and the other is a girl who is useing Rins name but isnt Rin Thosaka. These little details you dont know if you only watch the Anime. The anime doesnt provide that knowlegde & due this a lot of context is lost. Sadly a lot of Anime-only complain about that which is justified. Nasu lied about that Last Encore is newcomer friendly

Yeah Nasu said that but there is his famous Fate Extella Zero script which he posted some time ago on his blog. And that was basiclly a grand conclusion to the Extra timeline which leads into the extella timeline.
Nasu said that this is takes place in the extra timeline and didnt specify to what extent it is connected to the games.
But so far based on the information shown it is definitly conntected to the events of the games the regular Extra and CCC.
There a so many hints/flashbacks/details towards that. Not to mention the reference towards a plot point in the Extellla games.
And the plottwist that it isn 2032 but 3032 is another game changer to the whole mystery.
So the only question that stands; Will it lead into Extella(?) and give us a grand de finale for the literal last chapter of the regular Extra timleline aka its last encore or not. Many expect some shenanigangs with the Chrono-quantum-lock.

Actually the game was the same. It had a Persona esque RPG system with a lot of grinding involved. But the main focus was the mystery about Hakuno and his amnesia. Extra was never that much about action as the other fate title`s.
In Last Encore it is the same focus on the mystery but it is more about what actually happend in terms of the time span. Ofc they basiclly already answered that with the first few seconds of EP1(the part where Hakunon the female MC was shown with Saber & Buddah etc)
Then we have the thing about Death Face or the hints towards the loops. The flashbacks to Extra & CCC etc. or the thing that Hakuno remembers more and more about the past loops & they show us events from the game.

Welp hope it cleared the main focus of the subject/discussion up.
I see a lot of anime-only viewers complain about last encore which makes me sad. Even if a lot of people only bash it cause of Apocrypha. But several arguments about the show so far a valid critic.
They dont give much context or information about the generall world a. o. character interaction.
Some scenes like Shinjis take it for granted that you already know this "Shinji" and build upon the piror events of his characterbuilding/development in Extra/CCC. Or the nice touches towards Blackmore/RobinHood and his change of character over the loops.

I enjoy Last Encore a lot the mystery is thrilling & the puzzle pieces in the show are thoughtfully distributed for the viewer to solve.....if only they wouldnt expect a lot of prior knowledge and context regarding thoses hints. Q_Q

I just hope the general consensus of the anime only viewer`s will tend towards a good time. So far it seems a lot of viewers are already annoyed or angry.
Mar 13, 2018 12:32 PM

Sep 2015
Man feels like this thread is either A. Fate trolls justify there bashing as an opinion or b. Trigger fans who are like omg madokou 😂.

Anyway good episode loved what they did with Alice and Nursery Rhyme the third floor looks like something out of the Alice Madness returns. Now that they finally figured out the loop can't wait for the subs or episode 7 to see what they will do.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 15, 2018 4:26 PM

Mar 2009
I mean, the visuals were really cool, but I certainly had some trouble following this episode. Hopefully, the next episode will clear some things up.
Mar 17, 2018 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
Meh... seems the dug up some old Madoka styling.
Mar 23, 2018 5:56 AM

Aug 2017
Good episode. The Madoka-isque scenery was interesting. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 23, 2018 11:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Illusions and Fairy Tails in this new level!!!
Mar 23, 2018 2:47 PM

Dec 2013
man, Madoka II sure seems different, I never thought that they would revive Mami like that.

oh wait this is fate

ok forget it

I liked this episode, we are finally seeing the Hakuno that we love so much instead of that "MUH HATE" cringe shit, I really wanted that this was him since episode 1, oh well.

alice is so cute that she gave me hope for this anime again

also again I need to say: THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A *GAME*.

5/5.
Apr 7, 2018 1:47 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode of Madoka, Shaft got out of the leash again. Sadly, although the art was interesting, whole episode didn't work for me, it was more like style over substance, if you know what I mean.

To go further he needs to defeat the ghost of the girl but that's pretty much it. The part with Amari was interesting but it didn't flow well with the rest of the episode. Let's hope the resolution in the next episode if good at least.

Sep 4, 2018 6:00 PM
May 2017
agilityredfox said:
I'm not sure what's happening. SHAFT clearly wanted to show that they can still produce Madoka if they need too.

It describes what I feel. lol
There's a bit of Fate in that Madoka.
Jun 20, 2019 8:32 AM

Dec 2018
"If the dreams of the ghosts, the dreams of the living are wizard."
Ummm no, it doesn't make sense, ghost is not the opposite of wizard.

Rin knew the Dead Face. This means something.

Misao, lol that name.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 29, 2020 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
That episode felt more monogatari-ish again, with the abstract backgrounds and the animation style. Instead of "peace pace", it's "umu umu" though.
May 18, 2020 2:36 AM
Nov 2018
This Fateoogatari scenes are really well made. Awakens my heavenly senses. But yeah, pacing is fast tho.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

May 25, 2021 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
Alice in Wonderland is the enemy this time

i guess Hakuno is sort of like a Cyber Ghost too
Dec 1, 2023 7:06 PM

Nov 2023
This was one good animation damn nice one
Dec 12, 2023 7:17 AM
Jul 2023
Well this was…. Confusing. This show isn’t great.
- looks like that ghost girl is going to be the enemy?
- random scenes that didn’t actually happen? What?
- at least the vibe is cool, I like the weird imagery.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.