Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2017 12:40 AM
Oct 2012
RobertBobert said:
Eh, the miracle did not happen and we have another generic end with the illusion of intrigue. It's a pity. I hope that I will ever see anime, where the third character is not introduced just to suffer and create a non-existent weight to the central couple.

Watch Kokoro Connect :D
Dec 29, 2017 12:44 AM

Apr 2012
lis1994 said:
RobertBobert said:
Eh, the miracle did not happen and we have another generic end with the illusion of intrigue. It's a pity. I hope that I will ever see anime, where the third character is not introduced just to suffer and create a non-existent weight to the central couple.

Thanks for the advice, but I watched it. True, a long time ago :) Now I want to see additional OVA-episodes.
Dec 29, 2017 12:45 AM

Dec 2015
Oh my dear Komiya...

Overall I really enjoyed the series, yes the animation and art quality dropped significantly but it was quite clear that a lot of thought went into the making of each episode. Really appreciate all the small nuances which made this series special. Still kicking myself how I couldn't find a channel airing the finale in Kyoto :'(
~
Dec 29, 2017 12:59 AM

Feb 2012
I knew it was a lost cause from the first episode, but I shipped so hard for Ena! After she said she won but not with his picture, I knew that she was going to get rejected. UGH!

Overall, I enjoyed the anime. It was very chill to watch, yet I was anticipating for the next episode to be released.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 29, 2017 1:20 AM

Jun 2017
Why did they literally put the confession scene in the last minute? Just because?

6/10.
Dec 29, 2017 1:26 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Just Because! is one of the two anime that I was truly invested in every episode in this season. What it excelled at was the the slice of life atmosphere, it reminds me of Fune wo Amu. I also really enjoyed and appreciate the lengths the director went with character acting, despite the production having some trouble. Even then, the sacrifices were worth it imo, as the characters felt alive and their individuality was shown.

As for the romance, I really enjoyed it as well. I wasn't a huge fan of Komiya, but by the end, I ended up respecting her and sympathizing with her (props to her seiyuu for that crying in this episode). I know some people criticize the end couple being "predictable," and that would be alright if that was not the creator's intention. However, from the start, the two key visuals featured no one else except Eita and Natsume. Just Because! never planned to be unpredictable, it was only going to be a story about how these two ends up together. I can understand the criticism if say the key visuals showed all the important characters in the series (Nisekoi, NagiAsu, etc), but it's really not the case here. Even the first PV gave special focus to Natsume and Eita in the last few seconds.

Anyways, I can understand people not liking the series because they weren't fond of Natsume (or Eita even). It's fair that if you can't connect to Natsume, you won't like her. Personally, I find Natsume really easy to relate to, even though she has a stronger personality than I do. But also the intended audience is the Japanese; more people probably relate to Natsume than Komiya.

The ending was cute ^^ Natsume didn't reply to Eita for a month because they were going to the same university anyways. She must've been waiting to see Eita one day on campus and use that opportunity to surprise him and confess. Had Eita not seen that Natsume read the LINE message, nor if he had asked her how's college, she probably planned to have messaged him first. It is a coincidence that Eita saw that Natsume read his message at that moment, but the ending would've been the same anyways. Natsume had the resolve to tell him that she likes him since the day of her acceptance letter.

The story is well, obviously nothing special. But what sets it apart as a romance, imo, is the combination of the overall mundane atmosphere and the character acting (although it wasn't present all the time). It gave the series verisimilitude. It's what made me so invested in the series, feeling as if each episode went by too quickly, even if the events were going slow. I'm happy for everyone in this show, and I will really miss all these awkward children characters X)
tingyDec 29, 2017 1:30 AM
Dec 29, 2017 1:32 AM

Jul 2009
Hey guys can some1 translate their line conversation? (Between natsume and eita)

Horrible subs being horrible.
Dec 29, 2017 1:34 AM
Dec 2012
My god...... I hate that kind of ending. I would like to give 6.5, I'm not an heartless person after all.
Dec 29, 2017 1:34 AM

Apr 2012
Eita you freaking idiot. Why did you choose the wrong gilr? Well I guess... just because?
Dec 29, 2017 1:36 AM

Jun 2017
Fantastic ending to a good anime. Loved it.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
Dec 29, 2017 1:51 AM

Jun 2017
Not happy that it had to go down the predictable boring route and I found it bullshit that Eita failed the exam for the easier school when he had good grades.

Oh well, at least Ena managed to get over it and her club is intact despite her heart being utterly destroyed along with her photo. She is the real winner here.

While I am super salty about the generic ending I still give this a 6, it was nothing groundbreaking but nothing horrible either and was among the more watchable romance shows this season, Just Fine!
Dec 29, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2015
nice MC really nice, props to the wonderful director and script writer and anyone who thought of such an amazing MC, wow wow im really speechless. Tries to apply to the same college his love wants to go, but still goes to check on the other girl's camera competition and also gets happy when he is being confessed by someone he doesnt like ??? Im liking the MC so much its unreal.
All in all Just because is an incredible anime, so glad i watched it, always happy to see my favorite girl's dream to date the boy she loves TO BE CRUSHED INTO PIECES.
Oh im also a really huge fan when anime goes all out to create the perfect girl, the perfect girlfriend by any kind of imagination, have you root for her, PROLONG it till the last episode, have you wait every week,every day,every hour, every minute to just totally destroy anything you wanted to see and then show you that face

and how am i supposed to live now???
Dec 29, 2017 2:00 AM

Nov 2009
Quite satisfied with that ending even if best girl didn't win, I liked that a couple had pretty much been confirmed at the end as anything stupid/miserable would have been downrated.

8/10
Dec 29, 2017 2:08 AM
Dec 2017
Very good ending: 9/10

feeling bad for komiya but seeing her happy at the last scene made me happy.

Eita x Natsume in the end was perfect.
Dec 29, 2017 2:22 AM

Dec 2014
oooh nice ending to think I thought Eita will never meet with her again...I am glad it was not open ended
Dec 29, 2017 2:25 AM
Jan 2016
Never in my life have I felt such insurmountable rage.
"This anime looks bad enough", I thought. "I'll watch it for the meme", I thought. "I've watched shit anime before", I fucking thought!
All those thoughts simultaneously went through my mind, criss-crossing with all my regrets and various scenes of this anime among others. Perhaps this was something akin to one's life flashing before one's eyes.
In the end, I simply felt nothing. The expression on my face blank like that of a dead man. I noticed that while I no longer felt any anger, my hands were shaking. Cadaveric spasms, perhaps? Summing up all these feelings, I ask the question: Am I dead?

I sure hope to the gods that I am because this anime made me want to stab myself with the biggest knife available and do a fucking front flip off a goddamn bridge.

It is said that the souls of those who die with regrets linger and wander the living plane as a spirit. If I truly did die, maybe that's why I'm still here, because I sure do regret watching this anime. Or maybe I've been damned by the gods themselves for the mortal sin of watching and completing this anime, denying me the sweet release that I thought death was. Either way, dead or alive, lingering due to my own regrets or having been cursed by the gods, I am still forced to go on with the knowledge and the trauma of having watched Just Because.
Dec 29, 2017 2:26 AM
Jan 2016
Hirugiku said:
nice MC really nice, props to the wonderful director and script writer and anyone who thought of such an amazing MC, wow wow im really speechless. Tries to apply to the same college his love wants to go, but still goes to check on the other girl's camera competition and also gets happy when he is being confessed by someone he doesnt like ??? Im liking the MC so much its unreal.
All in all Just because is an incredible anime, so glad i watched it, always happy to see my favorite girl's dream to date the boy she loves TO BE CRUSHED INTO PIECES.
Oh im also a really huge fan when anime goes all out to create the perfect girl, the perfect girlfriend by any kind of imagination, have you root for her, PROLONG it till the last episode, have you wait every week,every day,every hour, every minute to just totally destroy anything you wanted to see and then show you that face

and how am i supposed to live now???
This! Fucking this, man!
Dec 29, 2017 2:39 AM

Nov 2009
Well...i was on team Ena, watched the whole thing for her character, happens often. This anime was pretty bad overall outside Ena moments. I really, really hate those endings, ill give it a 6 even though i think thats still too high, i cant let my fav character drag the rating down any further, that would be absurd.
Saito66Dec 29, 2017 2:44 AM
Dec 29, 2017 2:46 AM

Dec 2016
wow the last 5 minuts were so frustrating when he said "it has been one month since the last reply" or something like that but the end was really good. some pretty slow episodes but good end so 8/10
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 29, 2017 2:48 AM

Mar 2013
I couldn't find a version with the last line messeges subbed, can anyone fill me in as to what they said?
AudioTsunamiDec 29, 2017 3:02 AM
Dec 29, 2017 3:01 AM

Mar 2013
thiagopv said:
KingKatsura said:
he chose the wrong girl but it was inevitable. he always loved mio, and the first love always wins in these triangles.

regardless, i liked the ending bar that text exchange in the last scene. they don't even know eachother's whereabouts and its been over a month, but he texts her & she happens to be right behind him like a stalker to reply?

Dude they literally go to the same university

Yeah but for example the uni I went to had 40,000 students and was a 350 acre campus. If someone I hadn't seen or heard from in a month was suddenly standing behind me the moment I decided to get back in touch with them I'd be sufficiently creeped.
Dec 29, 2017 3:08 AM

Mar 2013
Also, can someone let me know how the school valedictorian didn't get a recommendation to any college?
Dec 29, 2017 3:18 AM

Aug 2016
No one seems to be talking about the irregular artwork by the animators. The story was good but if it had been some better studio then it would have been even better
Dec 29, 2017 3:23 AM

Apr 2011
DragonPaw said:
Can someone explain to me who ended in which university and why? The only thing I get is that Mio and Eita study in the same university...

Regarding the episode i loved it, they made it simple and tried to avoid the cliché of graduation confession, nicely done. Since the beginning loved Mio, she has a strong personality and is a really determined girl so I really wanted her to get together with Eita.

9/10

Joei University

Izumi failed the university Natsume initially chose, but Natsume passed Joei University which Izumi got a recommendation on.

-----

The series was fun, but wow the animations :|

I find Komiya a lot better but meh, who cares.
Dec 29, 2017 3:30 AM

Sep 2013
Ena was the only memorable aspect of this show.

4/10
Dec 29, 2017 3:34 AM

May 2009
It was an okay show.
I was actually rooting for Komiya, I liked her. She's a great person with a bright personality. But this ending was expected, and realistic in a way.
6-7/10 for me.
Dec 29, 2017 3:40 AM

Apr 2015
RobertBobert said:
I hope that I will ever see anime, where the third character is not introduced just to suffer and create a non-existent weight to the central couple.

I know right! Always these pointless triangles... And I want to add too:"an anime where the only problem of the main couple is lack of communication".
Dec 29, 2017 3:41 AM

Nov 2015
i think i stopped paying atttention at one point >> but while i was okey with him choosing Natsume, i was dumbfound by this ending, i mean let them get together? not a month later like a bad joke.
But this anime is rated based on Komiya, i mean she was the joy of this anime, she looked great in that photo:D but still wasn't it made by phone(if i don't remember wrong)? the quality shouldn't be so good.
Dec 29, 2017 3:42 AM
Jun 2017
KingKatsura said:
he chose the wrong girl but it was inevitable. he always loved mio, and the first love always wins in these triangles.

regardless, i liked the ending bar that text exchange in the last scene. they don't even know eachother's whereabouts and its been over a month, but he texts her & she happens to be right behind him like a stalker to reply?

Haha dude, they go to the same university. Eita was rejected into Joei and Natsume was accepted into Suizan, for which Eita received a recommendation. So they now go to the same college.

[Spoiler for Nisekoi ahead]
And this is where you go wrong. You should watch Clichékoi (was it Nisekoi?) and see that the first love doesn't win. It's the MC that wins.
[End of spoiler]
Dec 29, 2017 3:44 AM

Apr 2012
leo-x64 said:
RobertBobert said:
I hope that I will ever see anime, where the third character is not introduced just to suffer and create a non-existent weight to the central couple.

I know right! Always these pointless triangles... And I want to add too:"an anime where the only problem of the main couple is lack of communication".

Then you should like Tsurezure Children, I think.
Dec 29, 2017 3:45 AM
Jun 2017
The results actually turned out to be surprising, didn't expect them.
-Eita rejected
-Natsume accepted
-Komiya's picture lost, but her clubmates received the prize.
I was afraid that the anime would end on a bittersweet ending, but didn't. Quite liked that. Last scene was exquisite. I give the episode 5/5 and a 9/10 for the anime "just because of half of the episode would meaninglessly go to waste"
Dec 29, 2017 3:59 AM
Feb 2016
Damn, watching Ena cry was heartbreaking. Best girl certainly didn't win this time.

So Eita and Natsume ended up in the same university by pure coincidence? And they still barely interacted with each other outside of the very last scene. Pretty weak conclusion if you ask me.
Dec 29, 2017 4:09 AM

Apr 2013
Izumi thinks Natsume was speaking to him, when really she just happened to make eye contact with one of the passersby that she proceeded to fall for.

Show belongs in the inner workings of a toilet somewhere. I apologize to myself for wasting my time. Would've been better spent watching grass grow, or anything that actually develops.

This is without mentioning Komiya crying and there still being no confirmation on Yoriko's crush. Pine Jam can down a bottle of Pine Sol for this one. Between this show and Gamers, I think I've gathered enough reason to avoid watching anything they decide to throw together henceforth.

Heck, at least Gamers was wacky enough to keep me awake. This studio's hustling backwards.
Dec 29, 2017 4:48 AM

Dec 2013
All in all, not bad. Not much substance here or anything that paints outside the lines of typical anime romance, but I've seen FAR worse. The star of this series was the tone of solemn nostalgia and the interaction between Eita and Soma imo.
Dec 29, 2017 5:13 AM

Mar 2014
This anime was so good at portraying teen life and their relationship. But it got it so wrong when they chose Natsume, which clearly does not deserve Eita. And I am so sorry for poor Komiya... This just made me angry and disgusted at going with a really bad tsundere that only deserved a kick in the shins.
Dec 29, 2017 5:36 AM

Nov 2016
Wasted potential in my opinion
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2017 5:39 AM
Apr 2009
AudioTsunami said:
I couldn't find a version with the last line messeges subbed, can anyone fill me in as to what they said?

Yeah and Ena's School choice.
Dec 29, 2017 5:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You're gonna tell me after a build-up like that...they didn't communicate for a month? That's like insulting my intelligence, that was just dumb.

Other than that, the finale was very well done before those last minutes.

Haruto/Morikawa were the highlights of the show.

Eita and Komiya's scene was really good, showed her pained smile too well, i felt for her.

7/10
Dec 29, 2017 5:48 AM

May 2016
I felt sorry for the crews of SS Komiya, may your souls find peace.

Congratz SS Mio. I'm happy it came to a conclusion and ma girl wins <3

Really enjoyed the show and one of my favorite, with a rush of nostalgia creeping in at the end.

10/10 for me as I have went through similar experience. If I put the bias aside, it's a solid 7.5/10 with rooms for improvement
Dec 29, 2017 6:13 AM

May 2017
4/10 why? Just Because!

Seriously tho, this is so generic, I was expecting it to not to go the generic route but oh well

Yes this low score is about Ena not winning coz

Ena wins = cool twist
Mio wins = *falls asleep* predictable generic af route (cheap thrill)

But I'm still happy for Mio, even tho I hated how passive she is at first
LairucremDec 29, 2017 6:20 AM
Dec 29, 2017 6:25 AM

Aug 2014
annnndddd no kisss... Bah!
Dec 29, 2017 6:28 AM

Apr 2017
I want to see Izumi end up with Komiya but.... well,he really likes natsume a lot. 8/10 Good show tho.
Dec 29, 2017 6:29 AM

Sep 2013
I just knew my girl got this!

#TeamNatsume banzai~
Dec 29, 2017 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
So, my ship sank after all. Is it sad that I've gotten used to betting on ships that end up sinking? Well, another title to tag with "best girl never wins"...
That said, this wasn't a bad ride for me at all though. I enjoyed it even with this ending. Off to next season, I guess.

#TeamKomiya o7
Dec 29, 2017 7:18 AM

Jul 2014
Well, the ending was obvious before the anime even started, and I'm okay with it. I liked Natsume and really enjoyed the show. I would have given it a 10 but:

-The ending, although I liked that at least Izumi and Natsume ended up together, I wanted to see more of them together, I mean, Izumi had more lovely moments with Komiya than with Natsume. :/

-Komiya, I loved her but instead of developing her character so much and making her so loveable they could have developed more the relationship between the protagonists, I felt worse when Izumi rejected Komiya than better when Izumi and Natsume confessed.
SkyLETVDec 29, 2017 7:23 AM
Dec 29, 2017 7:28 AM

Aug 2017
I hate the ending. So sad that a good character like Komiya is wasted in this generic anime. Natsume did NOTHING to end with Eita unlike Komiya, she does EVERYTHING all the time and she is rejected for the sake of Natsume (the worst character in the show).-.-. The ending is so boring that feels disappointing. 1/5 for the episode 4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 29, 2017 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
RobertBobert said:

I know right? It's always the same, instead of developing the relationship between the two who are going to end up together, they put in a third one just to make us suffer. And I liked Natsume but Komiya was too good. :/
Dec 29, 2017 7:29 AM

Aug 2013
Oh my God. Best girl won. Wow.
Solid 8/10. One of my favorites of this season.

RobertBobert said:
lis1994 said:

Thanks for the advice, but I watched it. True, a long time ago :) Now I want to see additional OVA-episodes.

Trust me, you don't want. Unless you like the worst, totally underdeveloped edgy-tsundere girl and forced, bland ending with tons of ridiculous repetitive drama. That was fucked up in every possible way.
rsc-plDec 29, 2017 7:38 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 29, 2017 7:31 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent finale.

Komiya crying was really sad. :(

Everything was really good until the final few minutes where the actual confession took place cause it felt very confusing, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. I just find it weird that Eita and Natsume never communicated for a month and from what Haruto was saying before it looked like Eita didn't know Natsume went to the same college as him? The confession scene itself was good though.

Art direction this episode was fantastic, the scene where Natsume is walking alone on that trail was really good and the final scene looked great.

Overall, it was a pretty decent romance show. Characters were pretty decent, Komiya was definitely my favorite. Morikawa and Haruto were good too, Eita and Natsume were okay to me. I wasn't too invested in this series, it wasn't as gripping as I expected it to be. Possible because I've been spoiled by Tsuki ga Kirei but it was decent show nonetheless.

7/10, more of a 6.5 but I'm a generous person. XD
Dec 29, 2017 7:32 AM

Sep 2017
I feel bad for Ena. She basically got left behind, but at least the ending had decent resolution. It's pretty silly how Eita and Mio couldn't just talk to each other like normal people, and ended up waiting a month for Mio to creep up on him like that. I mean, whatever, it was a nice scene with the cherry blossoms I guess. Solid romance anime overall.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

135 by venbals »»
May 17, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.