Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Unexpectedly, S3 will have 24 episodes. (UPDATE December 16th, the anime was a split cour, so the remaining 12 episodes will air in Spring 2018)

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 10, 2017 2:54 AM

Jun 2014
EGOIST said:
JizzyHitler said:
No osomatsu 2 is officially listed with 25 episodes even on their website as well as the 8 volumes of bd its getting
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1670647#msg52933898

The people who "leaked" the episode count in question are rarely ever wrong, its a pretty safe bet that shokugeki is 2 cour.
Yeah, the AFAIK they were the same site who said Youjo Senki would be 2 cour. I'd rather doubt something than be let down after expecting something more. I'm not going to trust this info just yet, hope it is true though. As for the 2nd season of Osomatsu-san's episode count. It was listed for 13 episodes (BD) at the time of my original post and they later changed it to 25 (just recently)

Osomatsu s2 is confirmed to be 2 cours, actually. It was recently confirmed, check on ANN if you want to.
:3
Nov 10, 2017 2:57 AM

Oct 2015
alpha_shadow said:
EGOIST said:
Yeah, the AFAIK they were the same site who said Youjo Senki would be 2 cour. I'd rather doubt something than be let down after expecting something more. I'm not going to trust this info just yet, hope it is true though. As for the 2nd season of Osomatsu-san's episode count. It was listed for 13 episodes (BD) at the time of my original post and they later changed it to 25 (just recently)

Osomatsu s2 is confirmed to be 2 cours, actually. It was recently confirmed, check on ANN if you want to.
Yeah, I said that already XD, I'm talking about Shokugeki in this case
Nov 10, 2017 2:59 AM

Jun 2014
EGOIST said:
alpha_shadow said:

Yeah, I said that already XD, I'm talking about Shokugeki in this case
\

Yeah, but you didn't really clarify the 2 cours for Osomatsu were necessarily confirmed, it was kind of vague.
Nov 15, 2017 4:37 PM

Nov 2014
Here I thought that S3 would end with the 'reveal' but it will most likely go down with Shokugeki/RS/Central battles then. So 24 ep it is.
Nov 16, 2017 8:30 AM
Feb 2014
This will probably cover the central arc fully. What happens if the manga is fully covered? Do we not get new seasons or do we get them but the anime story gets ahead of the manga?
Nov 28, 2017 4:07 PM
May 2014
Why do I feel like this is going to end with only 12-13 episodes?
Nov 28, 2017 10:14 PM
Nov 2016
The finals examination arc isn't over but it might be over in the next 10 weeks or so... The regiment battle is on going... Or maybe the studio will just animate up till right before the regiment battle.
Nov 30, 2017 10:59 PM
Oct 2017
Season 3 is very fast and too pacing.
But I don't think anime is boosting sales rather manga is boosting anime for Shokugeki.The manga sales are literally so popular from anime sales and Shokugeki is even teasing in the main event of Jump Feista.
But I am happy and want full adaptation of anime along side manga too.
Nov 30, 2017 11:05 PM
Oct 2017
TheEnhancedExe said:
HueyLion said:

So...what does this say for Bleach then?

Tbh, idk as I don't have the amount of manga sales for the last few years prior to the cancellation of the anime. All I know is that the manga sales were declining which is probably why they stopped producing the anime. Or they initially planned to make it seasonal like Gintama at first, but then the sales dropped so much that they decided it wasn't worth to continue the anime at all.

This is just speculation as I don't have any numbers. However if an anime gets a new season mainly depends on how the manga sells. That's why you barely see continuation of animes years after their manga ended. Usually they end the anime a few months after to boost the sales of the last manga volumes. Naruto was probably one of the only exceptions, but that's probably because they could boost other sales by continuing the anime. If an anime is popular enough as in Naruto's case, it will boost for example merchandise sales as well.

Other anime that weren't as big such as Bakuman, Kuroko no Basuke and Assassination Classroom all ended shortly after the manga ended.

The reason why anime sales don't matter is because the studios get a budget from a production committee. Shueisha, the publisher of Shounen Jump, is usually part of the committee. They invest money into the anime and get it back through the boosted manga sales. The anime studio usually doesn't invest any money in the anime which is why anime sales don't matter that much. Unless the anime studio itself is part of the committee, but usually this is only the case with some bigger studios, for example A1's mother company Aniplex and Sunrise (idk about any other studios being part of anime committees).

Shueisha will request a new season from the anime studio as long as the manga sells and they get the money they invested back. Sometimes it might also fail because other companies, such as music companies, don't want to invest in a certain anime anymore because it's not worth it for them. So this would increase the amount of money Shueisha would need to invest to keep the anime going. This means losses for them in the most cases, which is why this could lead to no new season being produced.

So it all depends on the anime committee in the end, not the studio.
In case of Shokugeki manga sales are increasing its not cuz of anime but popularity of shokugeki is much in Jump currently 4th best selling in Jump(if we exclude HxH)
Dec 1, 2017 3:34 AM
Dec 2017
Oh yeah 24 episode I like to watch shokugeki no souma
Dec 1, 2017 9:30 AM
Mar 2016
Monish_Psycho100 said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

Tbh, idk as I don't have the amount of manga sales for the last few years prior to the cancellation of the anime. All I know is that the manga sales were declining which is probably why they stopped producing the anime. Or they initially planned to make it seasonal like Gintama at first, but then the sales dropped so much that they decided it wasn't worth to continue the anime at all.

This is just speculation as I don't have any numbers. However if an anime gets a new season mainly depends on how the manga sells. That's why you barely see continuation of animes years after their manga ended. Usually they end the anime a few months after to boost the sales of the last manga volumes. Naruto was probably one of the only exceptions, but that's probably because they could boost other sales by continuing the anime. If an anime is popular enough as in Naruto's case, it will boost for example merchandise sales as well.

Other anime that weren't as big such as Bakuman, Kuroko no Basuke and Assassination Classroom all ended shortly after the manga ended.

The reason why anime sales don't matter is because the studios get a budget from a production committee. Shueisha, the publisher of Shounen Jump, is usually part of the committee. They invest money into the anime and get it back through the boosted manga sales. The anime studio usually doesn't invest any money in the anime which is why anime sales don't matter that much. Unless the anime studio itself is part of the committee, but usually this is only the case with some bigger studios, for example A1's mother company Aniplex and Sunrise (idk about any other studios being part of anime committees).

Shueisha will request a new season from the anime studio as long as the manga sells and they get the money they invested back. Sometimes it might also fail because other companies, such as music companies, don't want to invest in a certain anime anymore because it's not worth it for them. So this would increase the amount of money Shueisha would need to invest to keep the anime going. This means losses for them in the most cases, which is why this could lead to no new season being produced.

So it all depends on the anime committee in the end, not the studio.
In case of Shokugeki manga sales are increasing its not cuz of anime but popularity of shokugeki is much in Jump currently 4th best selling in Jump(if we exclude HxH)

Manga sales usually are increasing when new anime seasons get released. They often just go back down after the anime ends though. If the anime didn't increase the manga sales, this wouldn't have gotten a 3rd season. Shueisha is investing money in the anime, so of course they want to get that money back somehow. The only way they can is if the manga sales increase.
Dec 1, 2017 1:14 PM
Oct 2017
TheEnhancedExe said:
Monish_Psycho100 said:

Manga sales usually are increasing when new anime seasons get released. They often just go back down after the anime ends though. If the anime didn't increase the manga sales, this wouldn't have gotten a 3rd season. Shueisha is investing money in the anime, so of course they want to get that money back somehow. The only way they can is if the manga sales increase.
I know but in case of Shokugeki and ofc in Haikyuu manga sales are so much intensifying so they made anime series but still it has no effect of boosting(anime may not that discussed) but manga of Shokugeki is heavily selling 😁😁
Which is a good sign for Shokugeki
Dec 1, 2017 1:14 PM
Oct 2017
Monish_Psycho100 said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

I know but in case of Shokugeki and ofc in Haikyuu manga sales are so much intensifying so they made anime series but still it has no effect of boosting(anime may not that discussed) but manga of Shokugeki is heavily selling 😁😁
Which is a good sign for Shokugeki
I meant discussion of anime in Japan
Dec 2, 2017 4:06 AM

Sep 2017
So I guess in a few weeks we will officially find out if shokugeki will have a 2 cour fingers crossed everyone
NINJA-LORD117Dec 2, 2017 4:10 AM
Dec 2, 2017 6:33 AM
Dec 2, 2017 9:38 AM
Nov 2013
Are they about entering the promotion exams this season??
Dec 7, 2017 9:37 PM
Dec 2011

It's confirmed 12 episodes.
Dec 7, 2017 11:35 PM

Sep 2017
AP24 said:

but if you look on the episode list it says 13 so far and if you look it doesn't say when it will stop airing plus why would they already be making a s3 blu ray when it's not not done and they haven't even made a s2 blu ray yet
Dec 7, 2017 11:55 PM

Oct 2015
NINJA-LORD117 said:
AP24 said:

but if you look on the episode list it says 13 so far and if you look it doesn't say when it will stop airing plus why would they already be making a s3 blu ray when it's not not done and they haven't even made a s2 blu ray yet
honestly wishful thinking at this point.
Dec 8, 2017 7:09 AM

May 2016
Well, they could be doing 2 BD Boxes 12 episodes each, like Fate Apocrypha.
Dec 11, 2017 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
yeah looks like its only 12 episodes but we'll see, if its only 1 cour i question why the production looks so cheap

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 12, 2017 6:27 AM
Mar 2017
The events go quickly _ I don't think that shokugeki no souma will has 24 episods _ But I think that j c staff will maked season 4 has 24 episods
Dec 12, 2017 1:16 PM

Nov 2011
Dec 12, 2017 1:19 PM

Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
12 episodes...? iQIYI removed the 24 episode count.

https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/940691195176484864

Yeah I just noticed as well and was about to point it out, I'll edit the name of the thread.
Dec 12, 2017 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah I always wondered how they were going to make it beyond 12 ep in the first place, there isn't a good stopping point since they will have to leave it in a cliffhanger if they go beyond Tsukasa fight , not to say how poor in quality the recent arcs have been.
Dec 12, 2017 1:50 PM

Oct 2016
I still think its gonna be 24 EPs But i dont mind 12 episodes if we get another season of 24 eps to adapt the rest of the arc in better quality
Dec 12, 2017 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
Maitoz said:
I still think its gonna be 24 EPs

It could have split cours.
Dec 12, 2017 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
alpha_shadow said:
Maitoz said:
I still think its gonna be 24 EPs

Soundtrack album is titled "Original SOundtrack 1" (or Vol. 1), so there must be a 2nd CD of music for this season. I doubt they had comissioned 2 discs of music just for a 1-cour sequel so I think you could be right.
Dec 12, 2017 2:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh well

at least thats one less anime to watch this winter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 12, 2017 3:05 PM

Jun 2014
_NTx said:
alpha_shadow said:

Soundtrack album is titled "Original SOundtrack 1" (or Vol. 1), so there must be a 2nd CD of music for this season. I doubt they had comissioned 2 discs of music just for a 1-cour sequel so I think you could be right.

How reliable is that website? I couldn't find the soundtrack listed on Amazon or CDjapan to see what it's called on there.
Dec 12, 2017 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
alpha_shadow said:
_NTx said:

How reliable is that website? I couldn't find the soundtrack listed on Amazon or CDjapan to see what it's called on there.

VGMDB is very reliable, they get the sources from official (http://shokugekinosoma.com/bddvd/)
Dec 12, 2017 3:53 PM

Jun 2014
Adam_Blazar said:
alpha_shadow said:

VGMDB is very reliable, they get the sources from official (http://shokugekinosoma.com/bddvd/)

I'm pretty sure the BD special edition release is being released in 2 parts in Japan and that's why the OST included in the box set has 2 volumes.

the music section has no OST listed
http://shokugekinosoma.com/music/
Dec 12, 2017 5:08 PM
May 2014
I guess my hunch was right. 12-13 episodes. Usually, just at the end of the ending theme, they will usually say "Final" or "Last" episode. But at the end of episode 11, they haven't said the next one will be the last one. So either they're going for 13 or 20+. But I'm leaning towards the latter.
Dec 12, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2014
just glad to see it a bit more
Dec 13, 2017 12:06 AM
Dec 2015
JizzyHitler said:
yeah looks like its only 12 episodes but we'll see, if its only 1 cour i question why the production looks so cheap

Probably all J.C. Staff budget goes to Index S3 and OPM S2. They're seems J.C. Staff highest priority now.
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Dec 13, 2017 1:51 AM

Jun 2014
NotThisShitAgain said:
JizzyHitler said:

Probably all J.C. Staff budget goes to Index S3 and OPM S2. They're seems J.C. Staff highest priority now.

No, that's not how budgeting works and JC staff don't fund the anime themselves, different production committees do fund every anime any studio makes. The whole budget thing is a meme, it really comes down to how busy the studio is overall and how much time they had to make the anime they're solicited for.
Dec 13, 2017 1:54 AM
Oct 2017
Is this true it's mean the season 4 maybe in works then like it did happen in time of season 1 and season 2 gap
Dec 13, 2017 2:05 AM

Jan 2016
Well, they've adapted 27ish chapters in 6 episodes of the Central arc. So they will probably conclude this within 2 episodes, before taking a break an moving on to the Promotion Exam arc.

The promotion exam arc is tbh the one which actually needs the 2 cour season the most, as it's huge. 74 chapters and counting
Dec 13, 2017 3:02 PM

Jan 2015
FireFistYK said:
Well, they've adapted 27ish chapters in 6 episodes of the Central arc. So they will probably conclude this within 2 episodes, before taking a break an moving on to the Promotion Exam arc.

The promotion exam arc is tbh the one which actually needs the 2 cour season the most, as it's huge. 74 chapters and counting

Yeah that's my best guess too. They will wait a bit for the arc to end then adapt it in 24ep. And considering s1 adapted close to 100chaps, I think it should be fine as well.
Dec 14, 2017 1:54 PM

Oct 2014
ImAWeebUwU said:
FireFistYK said:

Yeah that's my best guess too. They will wait a bit for the arc to end then adapt it in 24ep. And considering s1 adapted close to 100chaps, I think it should be fine as well.

S1 adapted only 60 chapters iirc.
S2 took off and managed until ch. 100-105.

Dec 15, 2017 5:39 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
alpha_shadow said:
NotThisShitAgain said:

No, that's not how budgeting works and JC staff don't fund the anime themselves, different production committees do fund every anime any studio makes. The whole budget thing is a meme, it really comes down to how busy the studio is overall and how much time they had to make the anime they're solicited for.

I have heard about it before, curious how does that exactly work, mind sharing some more info?
Dec 15, 2017 7:03 PM
May 2015
Playcool said:
alpha_shadow said:

I have heard about it before, curious how does that exactly work, mind sharing some more info?
Different companies band together and they form a production committee. They all contribute an x amount of money for the anime project that they're working on and they'll hire an anime studio to animate their project. That's the simple gist of it. Anime studios don't earn shit from Blu-Ray sales or any other sales. The only money that they earn is commission from the committee which is a joke because it seems to me that the committee wants to keep 95% of the money that they earn instead of paying the studios the money that they deserve.

If you still don't get it then think of the Government and the PMC (Private Military Corporation). The production committee is the government and the PMC is the anime studio. The government hires the PMC to do their job for them like stealing oil in Iraq or some shit. That's exactly how the anime industry works.

jc9622Dec 15, 2017 7:09 PM

Dec 15, 2017 9:54 PM

Dec 2017
Season 4 will air in April 2018
Dec 19, 2017 12:44 PM

Apr 2016
We got baited. The last episode of this season was today... They did that because we got a S4 for next year.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

225 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

129 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

119 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

109 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

152 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.