Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 13, 2017 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
Is there even a holy grail war without any abnormal/rule breaker once?

Need more screen time for Red member
Into the Internet!
Aug 13, 2017 3:21 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm. This would not have been a bad episode if it all wasn't just one streched bridge from the last episode to the next one, ending with cliffhanger.
It was just preparation for the fight, building anticipation. If the next episode doesn't deliver this one was in vain.

And it seems Shakespeare is another pain in the ass character, *sigh*.
Aug 13, 2017 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
It was better episode I suppose. Finally we are about to have a war-like battle where people die when they are killed. I wonder what role Ruler will take into this battle? Not to mention that homuncluous boy also taking his move.
Aug 13, 2017 4:27 PM

Mar 2014
Whose dream was this?

Aug 13, 2017 4:30 PM

Apr 2013
Paulo27 said:
Whose dream was this?

I believe it was Shirou's as he woke up in Semiramis' lap in the next scene
Aug 13, 2017 6:22 PM

May 2014
Wow. Did Semiramis just become best girl in a matter of seconds?

Hoping we get to see more of her past later on because she's probably one of the most interesting Servants on the team Red. Plus, her Noble Phantasm is beastly!

Loved Shakespeare's speech... but I wonder if he's actually gonna contribute in any way, aside from comedic moments. I do wanna see him try to avoid fighting though, I think it'd be pretty hilarious XD

Wonder who's gonna die next episode?
I feel like someone's gotta get killed off soon because we've got double the amount of flies to swat this time around.

I get that Sieg is having a huge existential crisis because he's a homunculus and has no idea what the hell is going on, but it's getting a bit grating now imo. I'm hoping he gets a bit of a personality because he's so bland that I actually forget he exists until he's on-screen.

Same with Jeanne.
Between them, they have about as much personality as two dying slugs. It'd be much better if we had an emotionless protagonist (Sieg) and a hugely emotional or barbaric deuteragonist (Mordred) to balance the dynamic out.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2017 7:57 PM

Jan 2008
An assassin servant's noble phantasm is summoning a floating fortress? What the fuck.
Aug 13, 2017 8:16 PM

Dec 2013
Things are really getting hype towards the end!
Aug 13, 2017 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
As much as I'm enjoying the show so far, one scene here really grinded my gears.

When the big tittied cripple bitch gets angry and starts lecturing her brother about being irresponsible and foolish and what it takes to be a good master...I just sat there with my mouth open like "are you fucking serious?" You're going to lecture him about being rash and putting himself in harms way and being a bad master, when you yourself rushed into a fight unprepared, got your ass beat while your servant was also at a disadvantage, and were literally going to die a split second before your brother doing reconnaissance made a safe and tactical move that saved your life? WHAT?!?!

Side note, that weird vision Jeanne had when she entered the temple looked like it was foreshadowing something crazy that involved Shirou. Interested to see where that leads us.
Aug 13, 2017 8:40 PM
Oct 2016
Wel well....for my opinion A-1 is just saving money man!!....every time just a glimpse!!! This ain't no fucking epic man the goldie(karna) is now not even giving a swag!! Just use vasavi shkti at EX level just vipe all of them at once..ok ok i know its not in storyline(maybe)..but still even Goldie(Gilgamesh)of fate ST was more active then karna!!ahhhh....his story his power its good as gilgamesh.....fuck why these mongrels are playing around him where he's just giving a damn to shirou!!!ahhhhh do something about it you kineko nasu!!
Aug 13, 2017 8:44 PM
Oct 2016
Btw I am not a karnacon nor gilcon I just want worthy ppl to show off a little once man!!....because I don't think that being more famous than karna make Jeanne and those greeks important!!(I guess you guys didn't forget about Gilgamesh and others saber rider lancer were more famous than him but still he was badass...same I want to go with karna as well)
Aug 13, 2017 9:43 PM

Oct 2008
Sieg now departs and the two factions begins clash!
4/5.

Aug 13, 2017 9:46 PM
Jan 2015
Semiramis and the red faction need more screentime
My Queens

Aug 13, 2017 9:54 PM

Jun 2009
Paul said:
An assassin servant's noble phantasm is summoning a floating fortress? What the fuck.

Well, I don't wanna reveal to much, but Semiramis isn't just your everyday Assassin. Also the fortress can do more then just fly around.
kronos7Aug 13, 2017 10:24 PM
Aug 13, 2017 11:13 PM

Oct 2013
While the Floating Gates of Babylon is impressive, nothing so far compares to Gilgamesh.
Aug 14, 2017 12:37 AM

Mar 2017
lordsora25 said:
Wel well....for my opinion A-1 is just saving money man!!....every time just a glimpse!!! This ain't no fucking epic man the goldie(karna) is now not even giving a swag!! Just use vasavi shkti at EX level just vipe all of them at once..ok ok i know its not in storyline(maybe)..but still even Goldie(Gilgamesh)of fate ST was more active then karna!!ahhhh....his story his power its good as gilgamesh.....fuck why these mongrels are playing around him where he's just giving a damn to shirou!!!ahhhhh do something about it you kineko nasu!!

huh, maybe it has something to do with the fact that this is not written by Kinoko Nasu?
Aug 14, 2017 12:38 AM

Dec 2013
Aredros said:
Fai said:
This continues to show what a lost opportunity apo(and overall fate) is. Go Lion and Moedred should have been the MC and half the cast should have been replaced. If it was battle of wits between Shirou, Lion and the nazimillenia dude it could have been cool. Have the whole story be a chess battle between Nazimillenia dude and Shirou with Go Lion trying to detective his way through this mess for MA. No Sieg MC wank, no Astolfo, no nonsensical harem stuff, no low quality comedy.

Alas, Semiramis, Shirou and Moedred scenes continue to be the saving grace of this awful mess and the only reason to watch this.

It pains me to say you're right

If it were for me I would concentrate the story in Moedred/Lion, Shirou/6 servants(The concept of the red team is really cool, even if his Rider and Archer are not that shinning), Nazimillenia (especially Vlad)

And would disposse of MC Homuncubitch, Black Berserker (Everything about her looks/feels/is wrong), Black Assassin (the same but maybe not that cringy as Bers), Astolfo (Astolfo is not THAT Annoying as a character, but his role in the story being the backup of the MC is what destroys Astolfo), the same with Jeanne.

^This. Apomemes will always be Apomemes unless you change the focus and half of the cast completely.

Also, srsly fuck Fiore. Caules deserves a better sister.
Aug 14, 2017 1:04 AM

Aug 2014
forcestriker said:

No wonder you're one of the three most hated shitposters in 4chan's major boards.

Alright I'm sorry for the OOT but now I need to know more about this, it's friggin hilarious
Aug 14, 2017 1:06 AM

Jun 2013
Another awesome episode, very good interlude into an epic battle we have seen in first episode.

Looking forward to next several episodes of epic tense fighting. I am also interested to see if the main writer will change few other things from the book.

Also, Vlad was awesome this episode. Epic speech is epic.
BrotherCoaAug 14, 2017 1:20 AM
Aug 14, 2017 3:11 AM

Jul 2014
Why did the cripple moan at her brother for being reckless when her stupidity would have got her killed if he hadn't stepped in with a deus ex machina? Also, can we just kill Red Caster already, as if he doesn't intend to fight he's useless in a Grail War, not to mention the fact that he's irritating beyond belief (seriously, was his bit actually supposed to be funny, cos it sure as hell wasn't). Also, why the hell does an Assassin servant have a giant floating fortress as a Noble Phantasm? In what way does that make any sense whatsoever? That aside, this was tedious and boring other than a couple of glimpses of potential foreshadowing that I bet will ultimately disappoint like near enough everything else in this show.
Aug 14, 2017 3:27 AM

Dec 2013
So finally the first all out battle begins. To be fair, after the little skirmish they had last week and early this episode, it was about time they actually started moving pieces.

Mordred actually backing Charion into a corner? How did a Saber manage to overcome an Archer with that 50% attack handicap? Woot? XD

Seeing Semiramis giving a lap pillow to Amakusa was nice. Though I wonder just what happened in that semi-flashback scene. Was that Fuyuki? But... wasn't the normal Holy Grail wars ended after the Third iteration in this universe? The 4th Holy Grail (with Kotomine leading to Fuyuki burning to the ground) shouldn't have happened then, no?

Seeing Jack just slurp that magician's whole heart raw was quite disturbing. I still wonder just how they managed to transfer her command seals from her dead original master to Reika in the first place...

And it seems like Seig's come to terms with what he wants to use his "freedom" for. A bit confused as to why he would still fight for the Black faction, what with all that they tried to put him through..

So many queries, looking forward to explanations. Hopefully next episode...
Oh, and Semi's hanging gardens was pretty cool, hope they somehow manage to insert that into FGO when they add her.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 14, 2017 6:15 AM

Aug 2017
LeloTheUnamused said:
Alright I'm sorry for the OOT but now I need to know more about this, it's friggin hilarious

God, so you're telling me that you didn't know that, are you serious?
forcestrikerAug 15, 2017 1:09 PM

Aug 14, 2017 6:23 AM
Sep 2016
forcestriker said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

Not everyone likes to browse 4chan.
Aug 14, 2017 6:39 AM

Apr 2017
I dunno why but i feel this episode is actually weaker than the previous three.
Is it because this is buildup episode? I ended up not understanding the plot.

I almost thought its initial d thanks to that car shishigou use. Lol

Then, is still think saber-shishigou combo is better...
And my favorite... Atalanta, so little screen time...

Hope i wont drop this midway...
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Aug 14, 2017 6:40 AM

Apr 2017
Aw.. My browser messed up and i posted three times...
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Aug 14, 2017 8:22 AM

Aug 2014
forcestriker said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

I think no sane person would deliberately browse the web looking for Fai.
Which in turn makes pretty ridiculous the fact that I found him multiple times without thinking about it or wanting it to happen.
I knew he was pretty... "famous" here on MAL but I didn't expect this thing to go on even on 4chan, that's why I asked.

Just your response to my first question was amazing btw, now I really want to know lol
Aug 14, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2016
i want more of that green clothed big boobs girl who fed assassin
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 14, 2017 10:24 AM

May 2015
Wooo, gardens of babyloon :DDD WOOOOO

Let's go!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 14, 2017 10:58 AM

Nov 2013
Episode was rather uneventful. Whole thing could have been way shorter but whatever. There isn't much to say except I am now more interested in Shirou and his backstory. Looking forward to next week I guess.
Aug 14, 2017 12:37 PM

Jan 2017
Going to share with you all some very accurate art depicting Sighisoara where the action takes place. I am well impressed with the quality of the artwork.
Went to Sighisoara last weekend but saw the episode afterwards so I couldn't reproduce exactly the artwork.

View towards the clock tower

Inside the old fortress

View from the clock tower (my own picture taken a few years ago)

Main street

Church on the hill, view from the cemetary

Romanian traditional decoration on the wall of the green house(called stergar). Green house definetly Romanian style but I have yet to figure out were it is from

Real painting on the wall inside the house, found out to be a Jean Feancois Millet. Not sure about the choice here, should have been a Grigorescu (Romanian painter famous for depicting village life)

Aug 14, 2017 12:44 PM

Apr 2012
Just curious, in the novels did they explain the backstory for Jack's mom yet and how they came to be together instead of the original master? Wondering if they're skipping it or saving it for later.
Aug 14, 2017 12:47 PM
Mar 2016
Looks likes Sieg is about to fulfill his destiny
Aug 14, 2017 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
Andreikun said:
Going to share with you all some very accurate art depicting Sighisoara where the action takes place. I am well impressed with the quality of the artwork.
Went to Sighisoara last weekend but saw the episode afterwards so I couldn't reproduce exactly the artwork.

Thanks, I'm always waiting for these comparisons
LeloTheUnamusedAug 14, 2017 1:34 PM
Aug 14, 2017 3:12 PM

May 2015
Oh damn, things are surely about to go down.

Aug 14, 2017 4:13 PM

Jul 2012
I was surprised to see Shakespeare of all people as a servant, and it seems like he doesn't care for fighting either. But he must be there for something, right? Lol

Looks like there'll be a lot of action next episode. Looking forward to it!
Aug 14, 2017 5:03 PM

Aug 2014
forcestriker said:

I totally agree with you, that's kinda funny because people now actually know about the show and its story instead of following what X random shitposter (YOU) said about a light novel that isn't even fully translated.

Jesus, does Fai trigger you that much? Calm the autism mate.
InsertanamehereAug 14, 2017 5:08 PM
Aug 14, 2017 10:03 PM

Jul 2015
Getting into the heat of things and its only episode 7, but they make it feel like were approaching the finale. I'm expecting some actual deaths this time around. PEOPLE BETTER DIE. Still liking Frankenstein... hope she doesn't die.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 14, 2017 10:26 PM

Apr 2015
Andreikun said:

WOW that's really awesome, I'm sure most animes usually do this but i'm amazed this is actually well done and accurate :D
Thanks for sharing!
Aug 15, 2017 3:06 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode
Good thing Caules got there in time to save Fiore. Going against Kairi alone was a bit reckless on Fiore's part. The battle between Fiore and Kairi though was close but would have resulted in Fiore's death if her brother didn't get there in time. Well i guess their first battle ended up as a draw then. Kairi is not the law abiding type then eh lol. I guess it will be normal for Fiore to be suspicious of why her brother suddenly appeared here at that exact time that she needed help. Hmm it seems that Fiore is very loyal to the cause and has great pride as a master. Still its nice to see that she isn't that hung up with her pride in not seeing that she was saved by her brother. So this third faction that's using assassin is not a magus eh. So consuming the body parts of a magus will bring back a servants lost limbs eh. Guess they only need magic after all. Seems Ruler managed to get to the battle scene from last night. I wonder what the normal people would think of seeing all this damage though. As human beings we are all tied to something whether its family, country or society after all. Sieg needs to find the bonds that he treasures if he hopes to find out what freedom is. First step is of course finding what he really wishes for and wants.

So Ruler finally meets Shirou eh. Hmm Red assassin has an interesting relationship with Shirou eh. Kinda funny to see her act like a normal woman lol. Its nice that we finally get to see what the other side is like. So far we only seen their servants and little of their command structure. Oh right Shirou took the command seals of all the masters right. Red caster seems to be a rather eccentric guy actually. I think he see's this fight as a game. And to think that he doesn't intend to fight lol. Hmm so instead of leaving the castle they intend to go to the battle inside the castle eh. Well it does fly after all. So the castle is the famed hanging gardens of Babylon eh. So this is Assassins noble phantasm eh. Using the gardens as a aerial fortress eh impressive. Hmm so the fortress can also drop magical beasts eh. A two pronged assault from both land and air eh smart move on the Red factions part. This next battle will be between servants of both sides though thats for sure. Hmm its interesting seeing Beserkers attitude completely change when she's facing her master. So the black faction only has six servants eh. That was an impressive speech from Lancer though. Its nice that Sieg is grateful to the old man that took care of him and the holster was a nice gift for Sieg. Can't wait to see how the battle will turn out next episode.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2017 3:50 AM

Oct 2013
Things are finally about to go down. Excited for the next episode.
Fiore telling Caules that he doesn't know what it means to be a master and that he's being reckless was facepalm worthy. Like she's the one to talk. Her Dr. Tako tentacle bullets couldn't even penetrate through a tiny old hatchback and she'd be dead meat if it wasn't for him but she's like "Yeah, I'm stronger than Caules". At this point I think she's the only one who thinks that. Right now she's on Shakespeare levels of useless only slightly above Gordes but he's about to become the core of Avicebron's NP so he's going to finally be of use.
Who even was the mastermind who summoned Shakespeare to fight the Holy Grail war? Like who goes thinking "I'm going to summon Shakespeare, he'll win me the grail"?
I don't see how the Black faction can win this war. Red faction obviously has much stronger servants (not counting Shakespeare). I guess the only advantage the Black faction has is that they have 2 berserkers and all the masters.
Aug 15, 2017 5:00 AM

Sep 2014
Moekou said:
Just curious, in the novels did they explain the backstory for Jack's mom yet and how they came to be together instead of the original master? Wondering if they're skipping it or saving it for later.

Jacks mom's story was the teaser for Apo - it was released before the actual novels. In the novels, it gets explained later on.
The sun is a deadly laser
Aug 15, 2017 7:19 AM
Oct 2007
I am still not getting the feel from the show, especially one that had the Fate name in it. Not sure if it's the art style, animation, screenplay, music or story. Hopefully I can come to love the anime in the remaining 17 episodes.
Aug 15, 2017 10:10 AM

Mar 2013
Semiramis is bae <3
And I need more Shirou moments tbh.

So the war's finally upon us, eh?
Aug 15, 2017 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
Apocrypha still not the BEST story to animate, and Most of spirits are not interesting, so far none of them goes even near from main timeline.
Aug 15, 2017 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
forcestriker said:

are these the Fai's white knights I keep hearing about?

Your asshurt toward Fai and that statement are both pretty hilarious considering how many times I argued with him in past episode threads. You seem extremely upset here, maybe log off MAL, take some deep breaths and try to calm down.
Aug 15, 2017 1:10 PM

Aug 2017
LeloTheUnamused said:
Which in turn makes pretty ridiculous the fact that I found him multiple times without thinking about it or wanting it to happen.l

You don't even need to do this. All that you need to do is to get a topic and wait a few minutes so that a Fai shitposting appeared and from then they start talking the king of shitposting name. This shit has been happening since 2009s.

LeloTheUnamused said:
I knew he was pretty... "famous" here on MAL but I didn't expect this thing to go on even on 4chan, that's why I asked.l

He's also one of the most hated shitposters on reddit and several other anime websites because of their feminist speeches, SJW headcanons, fake tendentious summaries, fake tendentious spoilers, and your endless butthurt filled posts in which their favourite character (characters) isn't (aren't) the MC (MCs).
Fai is what we call ''supreme shitposter'', because he brings together the worst shitposter steriotypes(shitter, SJW, feministard, hater, troll, rager) into a single shitposter.

Aug 15, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2017
forcestriker said:

He's also one of the most hated shitposters on reddit and several other anime websites because of their feminist speeches, SJW headcanons, fake tendentious summaries, fake tendentious spoilers, and your endless butthurt filled posts in which their favourite character (characters) isn't (aren't) the MC (MCs).
Fai is what we call ''supreme shitposter'', because he brings together the worst shitposter steriotypes(shitter, SJW, feministard, hater, troll, rager) into a single shitposter.

Thank you for pointing out Fai's endless shitposting

I tried telling MAL but nobody wanted to believe the simple truth.

Anon1566Aug 15, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 15, 2017 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
favorite part of these threads is seeing all the accurate depictions of this city
Aug 15, 2017 9:06 PM
Aug 2011
forcestriker said:
LeloTheUnamused said:
Which in turn makes pretty ridiculous the fact that I found him multiple times without thinking about it or wanting it to happen.l

You don't even need to do this. All that you need to do is to get a topic and wait a few minutes so that a Fai shitposting appeared and from then they start talking the king of shitposting name. This shit has been happening since 2009s.

LeloTheUnamused said:
I knew he was pretty... "famous" here on MAL but I didn't expect this thing to go on even on 4chan, that's why I asked.l

I agree with it because I finish reading Apocrypha. If they remove Sieg into the story it would make it better though, but not much.
john985Aug 15, 2017 9:47 PM
Aug 15, 2017 11:40 PM

Aug 2014
Anon1566 said:
forcestriker said:

Thank you for pointing out Fai's endless shitposting

I tried telling MAL but nobody wanted to believe the simple truth.

I can't find threads about him outside of MAL (for example on reddit) and I've become kinda curious of how much he's famous at this point lol
This will be a fun search, hoping to find something.
But I won't look on YT because that's an easy win, he was basically under every single video about the Grand Order anime, and he even blocked me kek
LeloTheUnamusedAug 15, 2017 11:54 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.