Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 23, 2017 12:42 PM
Oct 2016
crystalblade13 said:
animmar said:

Story-wise, yes its gintama, its really good.. but the animation could've been better...
I mean, the current animation is decent and not that bad... but come on.. its the last 2 arcs of gintama... it deserves better...
But still, i'm happy that it got adaptation tho... i could only hope that at least they save some budget for the fights that will going on..

It's actually pretty impressive for a long runner, and besides, the preview looks very very good. Seriously, watch katsura draw his sword, fluidity and small details are on point. This gives me confidence in some takasugi vs gin level animation during key points of this arc, including next episode.

it's not a long runner actually , there's like 9 months gap between the farewell arc and this arc , but whatever , the hype is real next episode
Jan 23, 2017 12:55 PM
Oct 2016
crystalblade13 said:
animmar said:

Story-wise, yes its gintama, its really good.. but the animation could've been better...
I mean, the current animation is decent and not that bad... but come on.. its the last 2 arcs of gintama... it deserves better...
But still, i'm happy that it got adaptation tho... i could only hope that at least they save some budget for the fights that will going on..

It's actually pretty impressive for a long runner, and besides, the preview looks very very good. Seriously, watch katsura draw his sword, fluidity and small details are on point. This gives me confidence in some takasugi vs gin level animation during key points of this arc, including next episode.

I hope so... well, BNP did a pretty good job animating gin vs takasugi...
Jan 23, 2017 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
In all seriousness though, Gintama has never ever once disappointed. Do I have to even consider worrying about anything now?
Hell no!

ZuraIsLove/5
Jan 23, 2017 2:44 PM

Aug 2014
Good ol Zura just doing his stupid things xD
Jan 23, 2017 5:58 PM

Dec 2015
SlaveInUtero said:
LordPerucho said:

But the arc in the manga wasnt that good to begin with, its basically up to the seiyuus to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Great that they give the cyborg guy Hit/Silver Fang voice, and Monkey has Yamato/Starkk/Emiya voice.

They better not fuck up Katsura fight.

i strongly disagree with you , this arc is one of the finest arcs in all manga , not just gintama , its a really action-packed arc with alot of heartwarming and heartwrenching moments , from what we saw in the first 3 episodes , i don't really think they will handle it right , but one can always hope :)

@SlaveInUtero agreed. its also one of my favorite arcs, honestly one that has the most intense fights and touching scenes, so Im a bit sad that others find this arc disappointing. but thats their own preference so... hope the animation will improved a bit.
Jan 23, 2017 7:19 PM

Oct 2011
katsura time to shine yes!!!!!!
Jan 23, 2017 8:14 PM
Nov 2013
RaySapphire said:
SlaveInUtero said:

i strongly disagree with you , this arc is one of the finest arcs in all manga , not just gintama , its a really action-packed arc with alot of heartwarming and heartwrenching moments , from what we saw in the first 3 episodes , i don't really think they will handle it right , but one can always hope :)

@SlaveInUtero agreed. its also one of my favorite arcs, honestly one that has the most intense fights and touching scenes, so Im a bit sad that others find this arc disappointing. but thats their own preference so... hope the animation will improved a bit.

It's one of my favorite arc in anything, so rest assured, there's others who love it like you do lol.
Jan 24, 2017 3:54 AM

Sep 2014
crystalblade13 said:
RaySapphire said:

It's one of my favorite arc in anything, so rest assured, there's others who love it like you do lol.

I love it so far. I'm not caught up in the manga yet, but I've heard about this Zura fight, and I'm psyched because he's one of my favorite Gintama characters.
Jan 24, 2017 4:57 AM
Nov 2013
PaladinAlchemist said:
crystalblade13 said:

I love it so far. I'm not caught up in the manga yet, but I've heard about this Zura fight, and I'm psyched because he's one of my favorite Gintama characters.

You won't be disappointed- it's godly.
Jan 24, 2017 5:52 AM

Jan 2014
For people who rage about this arc being serious this is how last 4 arc of gintama was, and after this one is serious as well and it's going to be last one. story is wrapping up and it's Great, How many of you were dissapointed with 4 deva arc overall?? it had full comedy at start and then it was serious and dramatic same thing here.
Jan 24, 2017 7:00 AM

Jun 2016
Zura proving one more time that he is one of the best badass/stupid characters ever created. Elizabeth is one lucky man...
"Ave Maria", a song inspired by ATTACK ON TITAN:

https://youtu.be/hUY_rDboLw4
Jan 24, 2017 7:46 AM

Feb 2015
It's Zura time now
Jan 25, 2017 4:58 AM

Aug 2015
Oh maaaan Pluto vs Gintoki can't wait!

Also this one, the man that he can't cut.
Jan 25, 2017 7:22 AM
Jul 2010
Katsura versus Kaiousei Shoukaku, Sakamoto versus Tennosei Hankai and call it battle of 2 Tomokazu since Seki is now Meiousei Batou in Gintama.

Oh the Hype ☺☺☺☺
1000windsGinJan 25, 2017 7:25 AM
Jan 25, 2017 7:36 AM

Oct 2016
SeijiroUshio said:

Also this one, the man that he can't cut.

Thats a knockout bishonen if I ever see one.
Jan 25, 2017 10:41 AM

May 2014
Am I the only one who thinks Sakamoto is weird for calling Gintoki by his actual name and not messing it up to Kintoki? Damn, Gintama is now so serious, yet it is still just as funny as ever. Really good ep, looking forward to next one. And also, Sakamoto is actually fighting instead of being a mere comedy relief?! I don't understand what some guys are shit-talking about Gintama, the anime is as good as ever IMO. I don't see any problems with the animation.

And hype, oh, the next ep looks so good. I didn't read the manga but heard some spoilers (and I might read the manga. 600+ chapters are somewhat... long for me. XD) and I have to say, I have high hopes for Katsura's fight. He also seems badass.
Jan 25, 2017 11:23 AM

Oct 2016
AmMar-Sama said:
Pffft. What is Kiritsugu doing in Harusame? This is hilarious, really. His voice doesn't suit that golden gorilla at all.

Similarly, Otae's voice doesn't suit a female gorilla either.
Jan 26, 2017 2:30 AM
Oct 2016
They used a angry rush as a feint?
While they distracted the enemy,
they sent their friends to surround the enemy?
Die
Shinsuke . . .
,Are these the samurai we were trying to wipe out?
No wonder they gave us such a hard time.

It was not really that impressive. I somewhat cringed.
Jan 31, 2017 3:56 AM

Sep 2014
crystalblade13 said:
PaladinAlchemist said:

You won't be disappointed- it's godly.

You're right. That was godly. That's right up there with Gintoki vs Takasugi. Geeze, Shouyou trained some beastly badasses.
Feb 1, 2017 3:07 AM
Jul 2010
AmMar-Sama said:
Pffft. What is Kiritsugu doing in Harusame? This is hilarious, really. His voice doesn't suit that golden gorilla at all.

Yeah, Gintoki is now going to fight Gilgamesh
Feb 1, 2017 4:04 AM

Oct 2016
1000windsGin said:
AmMar-Sama said:

Yeah, Gintoki is now going to fight Gilgamesh

(I know, it's not the real reference)
Feb 5, 2017 10:40 PM

Dec 2015
We're gonna have some pretty awesome fights with those three guys in the next episodes.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 6, 2017 5:43 AM

Jan 2014
wow, art is so bad

3/5
Feb 10, 2017 3:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another great episode, but the best was when Katsura begin to speaks with the "monkey", was great and very, very, very funny!!!!

;)
Feb 14, 2017 4:42 PM
Sep 2009
I'm finally settling into the shounen stuff, so the wah-wah-wahhhhnnn gags don't fit into the scenes for me.

The Bansai jokes, though, I thought were very effective. When a joke is delivered seriously to fit the tone of the storyline, I like how they manage to sneak in the humor. I've yet to see this in other anime, or, when I was watching it, television.
Feb 19, 2017 5:43 PM

Dec 2016
Holy sh.. This arc is amazing! It's relevant to the story, and it also perfectly blends action and comedy. Me when rating these episodes: "FIVE, FIVE, ANOTHER FUCKING FIVE OUT OF FIVE!". I have missed you Gintama :')
Feb 28, 2017 1:37 AM

Jun 2013
G-Course for Tatsuma LOL I can't tell the difference between Kondo and that Gorilla. I love the succession of puns and burns in Gintama, it never gets old.

I can't get enough of Shinpachi's straight man rants. He's Anime gold.

Katsura pulling off Elizabeth's costume and name-calling with that gorilla-looking baddie.

I can't wait to see Katsura in action. It's rare to see him a serious fight but I bet this fight would be anything but serious.
臭い-
Mar 4, 2017 9:31 AM

Dec 2012
I can't wait to see Zura in a serious fight, this preview and your comments gave me hype!
I love this arc so far, the mix of humor and story is very good.
Mar 4, 2017 9:34 AM

Aug 2016
Sakaitsu said:
I can't wait to see Zura in a serious fight, this preview and your comments gave me hype!
I love this arc so far, the mix of humor and story is very good.

Tomorrow comes the new episode. Keep watching :)
Mar 27, 2017 1:56 AM

Mar 2012
Freaking Katsura xD Seems like things are gonna get intense :)
Apr 9, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2012
Quite the intense episode again, let's see what's next!
Jul 9, 2017 6:28 AM

Jul 2009
I'm glad Bansai had more dialogues and interaction with the cast.

Finally it's Katsura's time!! Can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 29, 2017 6:15 AM

Oct 2015
I don't like it when a story tries to make me sympathize with someone like Takasugi. He's the 2nd biggest asshole in the series after Sadasada. Dude was literally out to manipulate and destroy everything just because his sensei got executed before his eyes.

He's morally irredeemable and should have been killed, which is much better closure for his character than whatever we will probably be getting.

On a separate note. Umibozu is such a boss.. that octopus thing at the central terminal back then must have been too OP.

Also, I don't understand why even high tier Gintama characters are nearly as susceptible to bullets and stabs as real life human being. Guns are overpowered and underused for some reason.
Nov 5, 2017 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
Looks like this season will really be mostly fighting though they still were able to insert funny jokes here and there.
Feb 23, 2018 3:50 PM

Nov 2016
The comparison between the cabaret girls and Kondou and Otae,tho xD

Well, it was obvious,but Umibouzu seems like the only one capable of taking out Utsuro, ALMOST.

Hyped to see that fight and Joi trio vs Harasume commanders. Lol at Zura and his opponent wasting time,Elizabeth be like,hurry the fuck up guys.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 1, 2019 7:36 AM

Dec 2012
KATSURA AHAHAHAHA one of the funniest character next to Shigeshige

Jun 23, 2019 6:55 AM

May 2015
katsura has his own quality
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 26, 2019 7:04 AM
Apr 2018
Absolutely loving the balance of comedy and action. Fight animation was good but the rest wasn't great. I guess they blew their budget on the God tier animation of the SA arc.
Sep 26, 2019 7:10 AM
Apr 2018
TogameCheerio said:
I don't like it when a story tries to make me sympathize with someone like Takasugi. He's the 2nd biggest asshole in the series after Sadasada. Dude was literally out to manipulate and destroy everything just because his sensei got executed before his eyes.

He's morally irredeemable and should have been killed, which is much better closure for his character than whatever we will probably be getting.

On a separate note. Umibozu is such a boss.. that octopus thing at the central terminal back then must have been too OP.

Also, I don't understand why even high tier Gintama characters are nearly as susceptible to bullets and stabs as real life human being. Guns are overpowered and underused for some reason.

You should be used to the sympathetic villains in Gintama by now since almost every villain ends up being like that. Even the guy who turned hundreds of girls into sex slaves and murdered many of them still got a sympathetic backstory.
Oct 9, 2019 11:10 AM

May 2016
I'm so excited to see UMI VS SHOYO if it happens.
Nov 22, 2019 5:29 PM
Apr 2016
Badass daddy has set his sight on Shoyo, and Shoyo himself admit that he could get killed by him! Isn't that just ducking sick? A bunch of fights are about to go down, very very exciting I must say.
Nov 26, 2019 2:42 AM

Mar 2015
Great stuff, the action has been nonstop!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 16, 2020 1:52 AM

Aug 2019
The buildings exploding one by one as Bansai was pointing his finger at them was hilarious. Also the gorilla gag.
Umibozu is so OP and I really like Abuto too. So hyped for Katsura's fight!

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Aug 11, 2020 10:41 PM

Aug 2018
I wouldnt mind seeing Umibozu vs Shoyo

Oct 16, 2020 11:16 PM

Jul 2020
Great episode, the action and humor are all good.
Feb 27, 2021 6:59 PM

Jul 2020
Katsura and Neptune arguing over their title was so hilarious lmao
Mar 15, 2021 5:57 AM

May 2020
Wow, lots of tense action! The comedy was really good.
Jul 17, 2021 12:56 AM

Apr 2021
Awesome ep. katsura is so damn funny

This scenes had me rolling on the ground hahaha
Oct 31, 2021 10:55 AM

Apr 2018
Looks like everyone has their enemy. It's gonna be pretty tough to beat everyone but they're all strong as hell.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 24, 2021 10:20 PM

Jun 2020
More proof why Katsura is the best. Hyped to see all the fights next ep

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 26, 2017

188 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:43 PM

» Anyone could explain ep 12 i couldnt able to understand whats happening?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 15

6 by seelenfresser51 »»
Feb 17, 2:10 PM

» Katsura loves ikumatsu ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 16

4 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Feb 16, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 19, 2017

67 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Mar 12, 2017

105 by Alex_TheForest »»
Jul 27, 2023 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.