Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2016 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
That final episode was just too great tbh.
;-;
This series... what a way to end it tho.

Anyway I would give it a 9 in total... TwT
Mar 30, 2016 7:05 AM

Nov 2013
Great season, i liked some of the serious arcs, some battles were epic but i REALLY miss the comedy. Without the comedy, Gintama is just another shounen anime.

I still think that the first season was the best one but i really liked the comedy in this season and probably that's why i'm gonna give a 9/10. I have conflicted feelings about being ranked #1 because even though i love Gintama, this season is definitely not better than FMAB.

The last arc was very predictable, Shouyou-sensei should have stayed dead and there were moments that Gintoki lost so much blood but he always stood up while another character was less hurt but it was like he was already dead o.O

Well, in the end i'm gonna miss Gintama and i hope next season will have much more comedy :)

Mar 30, 2016 7:12 AM

Jan 2015
You call this a comedy anime?

Why the hell is this anime making me cry more than laugh?
Come on, we're suppose to laugh over their comical sufferness or fighting/teasing to each other, not crying over when the two characters are actually having a good time with each other and laugh with each other (which is a very rare to see).

But mann, such a bittersweet ending. Edo's falling apart and Shinsengumi forced to leave. The farewell scenes between the Shinsegumi trio and the Yorozuya + Otae was very beautifully done. With Shinpachi and Otae finally accepting Kondo, Sougo and Kagura having their 'final' fight, and of course Gintoki and Hijikata having a great time together :(

I just realized that the opening theme, Know know know, greatly reflects on the Shinsengumi's decisions and goals (I just looked up to the lyrics earlier). I'm going to miss all he casts of Gintama really. I'm really looking forward to the new season especially with the Joui 4 reunion tease at the end and also Shinsengumi's comeback later on. (I can already imagine their comeback would be like they saved the Yorozuya's ass from a deadly fight or something).

Anyway, Chizuru Miyawaki did a great job on directing this season of Gintama, especially with this her first time directing. Sure it may seem shaky at first (the animation and scene sequences) but she really did a great job on directing the emotional scenes like Gintoki vs Takasugi fight. I don't know whether or not if she's going to continue directing the next season, but if she did then I'm sure that it'll turn out really good.

11/10.
Time for me to start reading the manga I guess. There better be an announcement of the new season by the time I finish catching up with the manga.
Mar 30, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
Wish the final arc would just continue without a break but budget and all that stuff. I guess I just don't really like the idea of a next season being 100% serious arc but with this break, they will be able to make the final arc the best they can so that's good too I guess.

Mar 30, 2016 7:39 AM

Jan 2016
Salute for Isaburo and last Gintama ep.
This was a great season, from the comedy to the awesome action of SA and FS arcs

I am quite amused about Gintama's new MAL ranking, at it's rightful place.
Mar 30, 2016 7:43 AM

Apr 2015
Damn this feels sad for a Gintama finale, it feels lonely to say this but "Farewell Shinsegumi". With the last two arcs, this season was quite a rollercoaster compared to the previous ones T_T

Overall 5/5 for the episode and 10/10 for the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2016 7:45 AM

Nov 2014
sadpwner said:
Two main problems:
The show consisted mostly of serious (non-comedy) arcs. The problem with serious Gintama arcs is that they are generally generic shounen crap. They are absurdly predictable and always lack proper development resulting in extremely forced outcomes. They also almost always end up with some motto that the villain or main cast learns while regretting his actions/past. That part in particular is cringe as fuck. They use the same formula every time. There's also barely any tension because you already know the main cast won't die. They will defy logic and live no matter what.

The characters are also inconsistent. Shinpachi in particular is useless but he whoops enemies easily when it comes to serious arcs. In addition, characters like Nobume, Zenzo and Isaburou have the most convenient back stories. They are given certain motives and then, they pull out these random back stories mid-way creating massive twists in their motives. This would be fine if it was foreshadowed. However, Gintama doesn't go over their back stories nearly enough to warrant any of these developments. Without already reading the manga, there's no way you could logically follow these developments.

I favour Gintama comedy but this season had pretty weak comedy. It's nothing compared to what we received in the older seasons. While some of it was mildly funny, the rest was a disappointment. There were two main problems.

There were often these glimpses of comedy that occurred during the "serious arc" or mid-fight. The lack of purpose and clash with the mood left an impression of it being out of place. Did they serve any purpose beyond our mere entertainment? Not often enough. I understand humour can be used as plot devices to convey ideas but this was unfortunately not always the case. Seeing as these are "serious arcs", they should make an effort to make proper use of plot devices.

Let me correct myself. While the the episodes committed wholly to humour were entertaining to watch, they consisted of a very small portion of the anime. The Confessional Arc, Afro Arc and Dekobokko Arc was what really stood out. Unfortunately, this only consisted of 7 episodes out of 51. Outside of those 7 episodes is a dark and baron wasteland. Most of the comedy was just predictable and too generic/repetitive for its own good. You guys should have noticed right? The few glimpses of comedy we got outside of those 7 episodes can hardly be compared to the Gintama comedy we know and love. Honestly, any trained manga author could probably reproduce the humour without much thought. Gintama is known for its ingenious comedy that continues to surprise and impress most audiences. This generic piece of work they tried to pass off as Gintama does not live up to its name.

Gintama dot is certainly a disappointment when compared to its prequels. Overall, Gintama dot is a 5/10.

The quality of each episode varies. 5 is an average.

Pains me to say it but I agree. Worse is the serious arc is even not great apart from the Shinsengumi arc.
Mar 30, 2016 7:51 AM

Jul 2015
10/10, almost cried.....
Mar 30, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2007
The glitters of life is back in the Girl of Faith's eyes.

Everyone paying respect to Sasaki as Gintoki and Katsura watched from behind.

Kagura rekindling Sougo's spirit through bout epitomized her character. Sougo's response was emphatic as well. Why would anyone want to give the anime less than a 10/10?

Otae's "Take care" to send Kondo off was amazing as well. Next time Kondo will be entering through the front gate. Wouldn't you want to give it a 10/10 for that alone?

Gintoki finding a bit of redemption on saving Kondo for Hijikata and others. There was never any debt. That moment alone would make anyone give the anime a 10/10.

And then the laughter broke out! T_T

6/5 for the episode, 11/10 for the season. Readying myself for my weekly dose without Gintama for a while.

The preview for what to expect! I cannot wait!

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 30, 2016 8:01 AM

Aug 2015
For anyone wondering, I made a list (based on the wiki) of all manga chapters not yet animated (and probably won't unless they get OVAs like love potion arc).

Gintama's missing chapters:

419-422 kagura's boyfriend arc
424-429 excalibur arc
431-433 homeless arc
445-449 hdz48 arc
492-496 love potion arc
499-501 guardian spirits arc
(551----> anime is up to this chapter, end of FSA)
552-581-.... Rakuyou Arc [581 is the most recent chapter up to this point, arc not over yet]
Mar 30, 2016 8:04 AM
Mar 2015
Now all we need are movie versions of Shogun Asassination arc and Farewell Shinsengumi :D untill the next season
Mar 30, 2016 8:08 AM

Dec 2014
Terrific episode, Just amazing.

Teared up multiple times, Saluted in every they scene they did, Grinned on multiple occasions and laughed along with Gintoki and Hijikata. So many emotions swelling inside me. I have no clue how to express any of them.

This episode was truly great, Loved every bit of it. From Nobume's relit eyes of faith to Kondo's conversation to Kagura and Sougo's "Don't lose to anyone" to Hijikata and Gintoki laughing at the end, Simply beautiful but at the same time it's sad to see the Shinsengumi leave.

Really liked how they showed every Shinsengumi based arc during the end credits.
10/10 obviously xD

Please come back soon Gintama.
Lelouch0202Mar 30, 2016 8:18 AM
Mar 30, 2016 8:20 AM

Jul 2014
All I needed for this episode to be great was Nobume. She gone through so much and she finally gets all the character development she needs. Nobume has no eyes that are dead but are full of life. Still will miss the Shinsengumi...

This anime season was a roller coaster when it came to the adaptation. I prefer the manga but this adaption wasn't as bad as many other shounen were. 9/10, wish to bump to 10/10 but I wasn't feeling this season compared to others. It had its ups and downs but overall it was still amazing.
Mar 30, 2016 8:25 AM

Aug 2014
For an epilogue, this was simply beautiful. Especially the Kondo & Otae moment was just as sad as I was expecting it to be...overall a 9/10 for this season, one helluva of a roller coaster ride, but the comedy was more of a hit or miss compared to the other seasons.
Mar 30, 2016 8:48 AM

Nov 2012
Shinpachi really should be getting more screen time. Or rather have more rolls to do in the stories. He is getting kind of casted away. Also If you gonna bring his sister along in this arc do something with her. Those are my only complaints.

Another 10/10 gintama understand what the viewer want's to see and gives it to them.
Mar 30, 2016 9:22 AM

Aug 2008
I'm going to miss Gintama. Now just have to wait for sequel. Is the anime end close to manga current chapter?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 30, 2016 9:33 AM

Sep 2013
It was a good closure to the season.
I agree with what's being said, the serious arcs lately have been generic, dragged out and meh, the character development is still good is but it isn't the same.
Mar 30, 2016 9:35 AM

Aug 2012
I'm gonna miss this series again. 51 episode this season is really worth it, And that teaser at the end if I'm correct that was legit because I saw someone post a manga similar to it on facebook :)

11/10
Mar 30, 2016 9:38 AM

Aug 2013
the final was amazing. it made me so sad, seeing the shinsengumi leave edo.
10/10 for this show. i miss it already
Mar 30, 2016 9:59 AM
Aug 2015
gintama end..
a lot of good anime end this week.
i dont know why people just looking for comedic arc in gintama, i love their serious arc, because it's a bit (a lot maybe) different from other mainstream anime arc, which is full of not in place comedic. gintama made it in right time and at the right place. i like the comedic of course. but this is jump, and jump without serious arc wont be jump after all.
anybody notice the flash back at the ending. i love it how they sum up all the shinsengumi related episode from the first season.
i love gintama, and i hope they dont give april mop joke in the prev.
Mar 30, 2016 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
this was beautiful, high and far this arc was the best part of the series by a long shot, the way it creates such a melancholy tone by using the events of the entire series both comedy and drama was masterful and only possible with a show this long and this much care behind it. This relationships between the characters showcased in this episode in particular were some of the most real feeling interactions ive seen which is something i never thought id say about this show of all things.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 30, 2016 10:04 AM

Jun 2014
Yep, I will definitely miss the Gintama GREATNESS. Good thing I am reading the manga, because I wouldn't be able to resist. It definitely deserves the great scores it has. This episode was very sad to say the least.
Mar 30, 2016 10:17 AM
Mar 2015
Time to move to the manga now.

10/10
Mar 30, 2016 10:20 AM

Jan 2015
I don't really get why they skipped arcs but Gintama 2015 was so good 10/10

This episode made me tear up. So upset it's over
Mar 30, 2016 10:22 AM

Aug 2010
Finally gathered my thoughts aftee that amazing ep.

The Salute scene with Nobume's almost crying face was so good.

Friggin loved the Okikagu moment so much. Both are so tsun for eachother :P

Kondo and Otae's scene at the trash can made me almost tear up. Even the stalker scene was a sad one ;_;

Gin and Hijikata laughing at how disgusting the others food is made me tear up

Them using all thise old pics with the OP at the end and finishing it off with the panel if those 4 killed me from hype and sadness T_T

I wonder where Nobume will stay now?
Mar 30, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
Emirius said:
Now all we need are movie versions of Shogun Asassination arc and Farewell Shinsengumi :D untill the next season

They were so well done a movie would be pointless in my opinion

They should do one of the past arcs...like the Yoshiwara arc. What I wouldn't give to see an HD kagura vs Abuto fight, and gintoki vs housen fight!
Just_AwayMar 30, 2016 10:30 AM
Mar 30, 2016 10:36 AM
Dec 2014
Gintama is just like Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

People hate serious arc in Gintama with no valid reason and people hate episodic episodes in Katekyo Hitman Reborn with no valid reason.

If you want to criticize serious arc in Gintama,compare it with other serious anime and explain why.

10/10 for this season just like the previous one.
Mar 30, 2016 10:48 AM
Aug 2011
small44 said:
People hate serious arc in Gintama with no valid reason and people hate episodic episodes in Katekyo Hitman Reborn with no valid reason.

Well you can never please everyone, some people have always hated the serious arcs and some others aren't fans of the comedy.

I personally thought the comedy was the same as always (i.e. I liked it just as i've liked it for the past several hundred eps.).

If they ever come back I hope the visual quality is more consistent that this and i'm usually not one to care about visual quality but we've seen better.

Anyway I loved the part where they traded meals. That Hijikata special. :'(
It's really unnerving seeing Otae being this calm.
Nice and appropriate closure anyway to this installment, which we've never really had before.
standMar 30, 2016 10:52 AM
Mar 30, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2014
this anime in another level \OoO/.....
still not believe Gintama ends already, and what a shocking news is this anime finally beats FMAB's glory, crown has changed and history was rewritten, altought this anime must gone T_T....

overral: 10/10 perfect for everything..!!
Mar 30, 2016 11:16 AM
Nov 2010
Great ending and season overall. I am looking forward to the next and what seems the last season of Gintama.
Mar 30, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Farewell Gintama it's been nice until we meet again!

Mar 30, 2016 11:23 AM

Apr 2011
Hello Gintama withdrawal, here we meet again.

Mar 30, 2016 11:34 AM

Oct 2011
Beautiful episode, best Gintama season. That ending with all the Shinsengumi moments... </3
And that Joui 4 image at the end! Can't wait for the next season already...
Mar 30, 2016 11:43 AM
Jun 2008
Now I feel a void in my life
Farewell Shinsengumi
See you soon Gintama
shion16Mar 30, 2016 12:02 PM
Mar 30, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2012
As expected. the last ep was very well done, a nice finish up for this season. I was kinda hoping though that the Yorozuya could had showed up in the end or something and maybe apologizing to the viewers that they were ending the series again or that they skipped a lots of comedy arcs lol
Well having that short preview for a new season is better than nothing I guess.

Now I"m just going to have a short rewiew for this years Gintama season

Well then, I am know just going to have a short rewiew of this Gintama”s season in which had a lots of good things going to it but some small bad things as well unfortunately. Firstly, it seemed that this time the anime was produced by some different studio or well it was some B-studio that was connected to Sunrise in some way but that doesn”t really matter. What matters was the animation that was a bit different from last time. The characters faces were drawn the same as they had almost been fortunately but the animation this time looked quite a lot more bright and some extra details were added to the world and the characters of it. This looked quite nice at some times but some other times it looked quite sloppy escpieclly in the serious arcs. In that regard, while this new animation is good I would had preferred the old style a bit more.

Next, about the actual anime, the start of season was hilarious as they characters broke the fourth wall once more and apologize for once again returning on screen, Shortly after the series started right where it left out two years ago it went out air and it felt like we all had return to same old days of the show. This dream continue through like until the34 episode when the it was suddenly relewd that the show was going to do the SA arc while the series still had a lots of comedy arcs that haven”t been animated in which could had filled an entire cours or so. This of course like most other manga readers of the series came like a huge shock to me and of course I had a lots of mixed feelings about it at first. Thoughs like why did they decided to something like that? Was it because of budget? Greed? Or something complete different? This is just a stupid theory of mine but maybe the reason that they industry decided to return the anime in the first place after had announced that the movie was going to be its ending was just because of the SA arc and the direction that the manga was going at time. Maybe since it looked like that the manga was now going to go into a actual conclusion maybe it was that that they actually were interested most in animate rather than all the comedy chapters before it?

Who Knows, I don”t know the situation behind the studio and their circumstances, but what I do know is that even though they skipped some material they were never unfateful to the actual content that they took out from the manga. Every ep was very well done most at the time and unlike the first 200-ep Gintama season they didn”t use fillers nor unnecessary edits in the eps. They even got more creative with the series and used themes and effects in the eps that made it more fun to watch rather than just read it, like the logos that they used for the serious arcs or the kuroko parody pause seguence lol despise some bad decision the studio did put love into their works and they knew how it series style and themed worked.

However when it came to the most important parts that was of course the grand SA and FS Arcs they did do some small mistakes their. To put it shortly, the SA arc had a good pace and the perfect amount of ep for it, but the animation in it was sometime sloppy and it by that point that I kind of figured that the studio had their money problems and were maybe forced to end the series earlier. Next when it came to the FS Arc in which was also my favourite arc from the manga things became a little negative as well. While the animation in this arc was quite good or amazing at most times the pacing was not the same good. For example In like the 6 ep of the arc, the pacing was way too rushed and they skipped some dialogues that were quite interesting listen to in the manga. Its not like I am total perfection of things but I just think that they could had done it all great and all if they haven”t decided to put in that small one shot chapter ep right in the middle of the arc, does taking up some space that could had been used for the actual arc. But either way , the remaining eps right after that however was surprisingly amazingly well done just like the ep from the start. Overall, despise its small issues, I am quite satisfied for how the adapted the arc in the end.

Overall, As I have given all the previous seaons of the series a 10/10 I"m thinking of being a little more hard this time and rank this season down to 9/10. Don"t missjudge me, I still loved this season as well, it just got some small issues that made them go a little further away from its usual perfection.
How I love a game
Mar 30, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2012
I was always a big fan of gintama but because of the two last arcs I started buying the manga volumes, and god is it as good as I remembered. Can't wait for the next season and I am really curious on how they are going to end it and what ships will happen. (I think taeXkonda, tsukiXgin, kaguraXshougo).
I am better than you.
Mar 30, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2013
LOVED this season so much. It was the most impactful and strongest season ever of Gintama. I can't wait for Shinsengumi's return!

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 30, 2016 12:52 PM

Dec 2014
And so, the wait begins (yet again).
Mar 30, 2016 1:07 PM
Mar 2015
Zack312 said:
As expected. the last ep was very well done, a nice finish up for this season. I was kinda hoping though that the Yorozuya could had showed up in the end or something and maybe apologizing to the viewers that they were ending the series again or that they skipped a lots of comedy arcs lol
Well having that short preview for a new season is better than nothing I guess.

Now I"m just going to have a short rewiew for this years Gintama season

Well then, I am know just going to have a short rewiew of this Gintama”s season in which had a lots of good things going to it but some small bad things as well unfortunately. Firstly, it seemed that this time the anime was produced by some different studio or well it was some B-studio that was connected to Sunrise in some way but that doesn”t really matter. What matters was the animation that was a bit different from last time. The characters faces were drawn the same as they had almost been fortunately but the animation this time looked quite a lot more bright and some extra details were added to the world and the characters of it. This looked quite nice at some times but some other times it looked quite sloppy escpieclly in the serious arcs. In that regard, while this new animation is good I would had preferred the old style a bit more.

Next, about the actual anime, the start of season was hilarious as they characters broke the fourth wall once more and apologize for once again returning on screen, Shortly after the series started right where it left out two years ago it went out air and it felt like we all had return to same old days of the show. This dream continue through like until the34 episode when the it was suddenly relewd that the show was going to do the SA arc while the series still had a lots of comedy arcs that haven”t been animated in which could had filled an entire cours or so. This of course like most other manga readers of the series came like a huge shock to me and of course I had a lots of mixed feelings about it at first. Thoughs like why did they decided to something like that? Was it because of budget? Greed? Or something complete different? This is just a stupid theory of mine but maybe the reason that they industry decided to return the anime in the first place after had announced that the movie was going to be its ending was just because of the SA arc and the direction that the manga was going at time. Maybe since it looked like that the manga was now going to go into a actual conclusion maybe it was that that they actually were interested most in animate rather than all the comedy chapters before it?

Who Knows, I don”t know the situation behind the studio and their circumstances, but what I do know is that even though they skipped some material they were never unfateful to the actual content that they took out from the manga. Every ep was very well done most at the time and unlike the first 200-ep Gintama season they didn”t use fillers nor unnecessary edits in the eps. They even got more creative with the series and used themes and effects in the eps that made it more fun to watch rather than just read it, like the logos that they used for the serious arcs or the kuroko parody pause seguence lol despise some bad decision the studio did put love into their works and they knew how it series style and themed worked.

However when it came to the most important parts that was of course the grand SA and FS Arcs they did do some small mistakes their. To put it shortly, the SA arc had a good pace and the perfect amount of ep for it, but the animation in it was sometime sloppy and it by that point that I kind of figured that the studio had their money problems and were maybe forced to end the series earlier. Next when it came to the FS Arc in which was also my favourite arc from the manga things became a little negative as well. While the animation in this arc was quite good or amazing at most times the pacing was not the same good. For example In like the 6 ep of the arc, the pacing was way too rushed and they skipped some dialogues that were quite interesting listen to in the manga. Its not like I am total perfection of things but I just think that they could had done it all great and all if they haven”t decided to put in that small one shot chapter ep right in the middle of the arc, does taking up some space that could had been used for the actual arc. But either way , the remaining eps right after that however was surprisingly amazingly well done just like the ep from the start. Overall, despise its small issues, I am quite satisfied for how the adapted the arc in the end.

Overall, As I have given all the previous seaons of the series a 10/10 I"m thinking of being a little more hard this time and rank this season down to 9/10. Don"t missjudge me, I still loved this season as well, it just got some small issues that made them go a little further away from its usual perfection.

The FArewell Shinsengumi arc wasnt rushed. Just because more chapters were adapted than previous episode doesnt make it rushed. THere was just less content and more fighting, which go by quick in anime
Mar 30, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
this episode was so nice and heartwarmin that i can't feel sad because it's too fucking epic
Mar 30, 2016 1:16 PM

Feb 2016
Way too much shipping.

But also a bunch of classic Gintama - that last line "Our battle has only just begun" was such a great throwback to whatever episode that was. The SougoxKagura "Don't let anyone else kill you" was also so stereotypically shonen, I couldn't even handle it.

Too bad I thought a lot of expressions and faces were a little off this ep, especially the eyes of Hiji, Gin, and Sougo. Threw me out of the anime just like a typo throws me out of a novel.

10/10 for the series, just 4/5 for this ep.
Mar 30, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2016
10/10 Masterpiece!

Gintama once again shows how amazing it can be. The comedy was great in this series and the action was superb! Now if you excuse me, im just going to sit here in my corner and cry until the next season starts!
Mar 30, 2016 1:40 PM

Jan 2014
and the wait comes again
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Mar 30, 2016 1:50 PM

Feb 2008
A powerful finale.

Till we meet again.
Mar 30, 2016 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
I miss it already ;_;
Mar 30, 2016 3:02 PM

Mar 2015
i miss the series already... time to rewatch with BD version. 10/10 as always.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 30, 2016 3:32 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I'm kinda surprised it's number one, but I'd give it a 10. Its rating will probably go down with time, but I think it's the best set of Gintama episodes so far.

Mar 30, 2016 4:03 PM

Feb 2011
The finale feels so good yet so sad that no more Gintama for a long time...

How long is the wait gonna be?

Gintama might not be in masterpiece level but it has a "heart" of everything I love in anime... (samurai theme, aliens, comedy, action, parodies, lovable cast etc...) 10/10
Mar 30, 2016 4:14 PM

Feb 2012
Eh, the serious arcs have been lacking ever since forever. Too much supporting cast fucking around with their flashbacks and never a proper climax that would be as satisfying as way back in the Hosen arc. Though at least that's not a problem of Gintama alone, most modern shonen have been doing this. It's not bad, but I can't say I feel Gintama has ever been improving either.
Mar 30, 2016 4:17 PM

May 2012
Wow clever Gintama' ended with 51 ep and Gintama° did same.. Skyrocket to 1 again as expected :). Anyways great season cried and laugh a lot..

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tyrel - Jan 20, 2016

160 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cupc - Jul 29, 2015

125 by Jellybeanx »»
May 6, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

252 by sno0pcatt »»
May 4, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.