Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 21, 2015 10:21 AM

Aug 2010
Well that didn't go as I hoped D: I wanted Slaine to get MindF**ed at her waking up T^T...The bitch slap has to happen soon right?!?!?!

Gotta love how ironic the part Slaine was talking to Asseylum smiling happily while Martians were destroying Earth on his orders <_<

So she actually forgot about Inaho? F***! What a selective memory loss that is >_>

I actually feel bad for Lemon being used and trolled by Slaine that much :/

Shit got friggin real at the end though. I doubt even Inaho can do anything...unless he gets Red already >.<
Feb 21, 2015 10:22 AM

Apr 2008
Barion-Zara said:
Well that didn't go as I hoped D: I wanted Slaine to get MindF**ed at her waking up T^T...The bitch slap has to happen soon right?!?!?!

Gotta love how ironic the part Slaine was talking to Asseylum smiling happily while Martians were destroying Earth on his orders <_<

So she actually forgot about Inaho? F***! What a selective memory loss that is >_>

Shit got friggin real at the end though. I doubt even Inaho can do anything...unless he gets Red already >.<

She didn't forget about Inaho. If anything she remembered Inaho the most naturally without anyone trying to make her remember. Just wait for the subs.
Feb 21, 2015 10:24 AM
Feb 2015
Good to see despite his doubts, Slaine eventually carried on with being 'Saazbaum's heir' instead of pursuing his comparatively much less interesting goal of 'being with the Princess' in S1.
Feb 21, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2007
Barion-Zara said:

Inaho completes his transformation into Char by stealing the red mech.

You heard it here first lol
Feb 21, 2015 10:27 AM
Nov 2009
Darklight0303 said:

She didn't forget about Inaho. If anything she remembered Inaho the most naturally without anyone trying to make her remember. Just wait for the subs.

Subs are out. He's probably referring to this:
http://i.imgur.com/icyacw6.jpg

She does remember him, but it's currently still fragmented.
Feb 21, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2014
TIME TO DIE FOR THE REGULARS. INAHO CAN'T STOP THIS.

(if he does I am not watching anymore, if one of them don't die. They can't possibilly all survive this unscathed)
Feb 21, 2015 10:29 AM

Apr 2008
An_anon said:
Darklight0303 said:

That's only natural given she just woke up from a Coma. She remembers seeing birds with him and that's what counts most. She remembered that on her own not with people around her prompting her to remember. Slaine had to cry and say his name over and over until the Princess remembered. That's also another reason why he left the garden after hearing her talk about Inaho. Because she remembered on her own.
Feb 21, 2015 10:30 AM
Feb 2015
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
TIME TO DIE FOR THE REGULARS. INAHO CAN'T STOP THIS.

(if he does I am not watching anymore, if one of them don't die. They can't possibilly all survive this unscathed)

Agreed.

There better be some named character deaths from the Deucalion crew otherwise all this build up about Vers 'moving the invasion up to the next level' would have been all for nought.
Feb 21, 2015 10:32 AM
Nov 2009
Darklight0303 said:
An_anon said:

That's only natural given she just woke up from a Coma. She remembers seeing birds with him and that's what counts most. She remembered that on her own not with people around her prompting her to remember. Slaine had to cry and say his name over and over until the Princess remembered. That's also another reason why he left the garden after hearing her talk about Inaho. Because she remembered on her own.

Why are you getting defensive? I wasn't trying to argue about anything.
Feb 21, 2015 10:35 AM

May 2012
MonadoRudra said:
awditty said:

Like the stuff before, just 2 examples
1 "head shot equals death, always, guaranteed"
2 solar wind

The real question is probably not "what specific thing will get posted?" but rather how many times it get repeated despite you and KamiAlice and so many others setting people straight ad infinitum

I didn't know senseless Slaine bashing over what seems to be shipping war salt constituted as 'setting people straight' on real criticism, especially when the people you mention as well as a few others tend to bring Slaine up and subsequently bash the fictional character in some way even when people aren't talking about him.

If you had any knowledge on modern military or just common sense you'd know how hilariously unrealistic the battles are and how literally everyone and everything is dumbed down so Inaho is the only one who can do anything.

When the hell have I ever bashed slaine? I defend him as much as Inaho from a writers perspective. I never mention anything about agreeing or disagreeing with his actions either. I like how both characters are written.
So much for your "if you had any knowledge" statement, when you are failing at reading comprehension.
Feb 21, 2015 10:37 AM

Sep 2014
After having seen the subs, this episode leaves me with a favorable impression. I think that while the beginning of S2 I thought was a little awkward, it has picked up strength.

Asseylum's recovery seems to be going the slow build route, but I wonder how much longer they can afford to do so, with only so much time left in the season.

Slaine SEEMS to have ditched whatever brief moment of hope he had in having a successful reunion with Asseylum, which is a good thing. I hope we can continue to see a more effective and goal-focused type Slaine as leader of the Vers forces, as opposed to the possible "wah wah the princess sobbity sob" route it could have gone. His ditching of the flowers and affirmation of not turning back give me hope for this.

On a personal note, Slaine's betrayal of Lemrina really got me. Now she's being played, and I think this will pretty much make her position as a tragic figure permanent. Stinging really, since I liked her.

Next week, a real fight, with actual teamwork and I dunno, maybe even landing castle support. Can't wait to see how everyone gets out of this one. Bonus points if something that matters happens, large reduction in points if the formula wins again.
Feb 21, 2015 10:38 AM
Feb 2015
An_anon said:
Darklight0303 said:

A few people on these forums have disturbing levels of hatred for Slaine over what seems to be shipping war salt. They'll somehow try to bring Slaine into discussions and bash him even if Slaine is completely unrelated to what you're talking about.
Feb 21, 2015 10:42 AM

May 2012
An_anon said:

That's not being defensive, he was just explaining what happened, that's all.
Feb 21, 2015 10:43 AM
Feb 2015
KamiAlice said:
MonadoRudra said:

I didn't know senseless Slaine bashing over what seems to be shipping war salt constituted as 'setting people straight' on real criticism, especially when the people you mention as well as a few others tend to bring Slaine up and subsequently bash the fictional character in some way even when people aren't talking about him.

If you had any knowledge on modern military or just common sense you'd know how hilariously unrealistic the battles are and how literally everyone and everything is dumbed down so Inaho is the only one who can do anything.

When the hell have I ever bashed slaine? I defend him as much as Inaho from a writers perspective. I never mention anything about agreeing or disagreeing with his actions either. I like how both characters are written.
So much for your "if you had any knowledge" statement, when you are failing at reading comprehension.

I wasn't referring to you, I was just addressing Darklight (and numerous others like seujair). I forgot to specifically exclude you, sorry.
Feb 21, 2015 10:45 AM

Nov 2012
So she lost her memories, but remembers enough to call out Slaine 10 times. Neat.

I'm ready for Earth to start kicking ass any day now, sick of Martian bs.
Feb 21, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2012
MonadoRudra said:

I wasn't referring to you, I was just addressing Darklight (and numerous others like seujair). I probably should have specifically excluded you, sorry.

All good then, I retract my reading comprehension statement then also lol

niaxato said:
So she lost her memories, but remembers enough to call out Slaine 10 times. Neat.

I'm ready for Earth to start kicking ass any day now, sick of Martian bs.

No it's more like she remembers things but she's fuzzy on the details, she remember Inaho but not his name and she remembers Slaine's name but had to repeat it multiple times before she remembered who he was.
Feb 21, 2015 10:51 AM

Jul 2012
Well atleast she didn't get a full amnesia. I didn't like it though how she called that bastard Slaine like 10 times. Ah well... maybe she is fuzzy in the details like mentioned above and does not realize that Slaine actually shot her? :O :O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 21, 2015 10:52 AM
Sep 2014
I feel a death from the main cast is coming.

My bets are on Yuki.

Will push Inaho to finish the war.
Feb 21, 2015 10:55 AM

May 2012
Dat ending!

Slow but great episode. So Slaine is basically king of Mars now. Boy Slanie is putting so much sneaky that it can't not go well for anybody. The princess finally woke up. Slaine... Slaine... Slanie... Two minutes later... Kaizuka. Shit is about to go down. I don't think God (Inaho) can save them from this. And it clearly looks like Slaine Villain status is over 9000! Wonder whats going to happen- next episode.

Saddest part in this episode was when does flower dropped. :( Blue roses.

4/5
Feb 21, 2015 10:58 AM

Sep 2014
I still like how everyone is all fussed up one way or another about the Slaine/Inaho/Asseylum situation while the far bigger event to me is still the betrayal of Lemrina.
Feb 21, 2015 10:59 AM
Feb 2015
Hope they release that music that plays between 15:11 to 17:08 oh there abouts
Feb 21, 2015 11:06 AM

May 2012
ANGRY2011 said:
I still like how everyone is all fussed up one way or another about the Slaine/Inaho/Asseylum situation while the far bigger event to me is still the betrayal of Lemrina.

Yea the Lemrina event was pretty messed up, she's pretty much devoted to him now and he's lying to her face. She's even beating herself up about it thinking she's the cause of "Assyelums situations" getting worse.
Feb 21, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2008
ANGRY2011 said:

Lemrina was either going to betray Slaine or be betrayed by Slaine. At least until the princess leaves him. Then she might be able to get closer to him in earnest.
Feb 21, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2008
What a shit Episode, am getting seriously tired of all the cliff hangers. Amnesia, slow recovery of real princess. Inaho realize that even if princess is rescued she will be useless in peace negotiations because of her sister.

I wonder how Emperor of Vers will react and what stance he will take.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Feb 21, 2015 11:12 AM

Jul 2009
Well that was a fun episode. Slaine pretty much has officially entered the role as villain. The tragic villain. So sad. Poor kid is getting all twisted up. He even knows it. Watch he's going to progressively do more immoral things. I just pray we don't get a yandere.

Lying to Lemrina is bad and gonna bite him in the ass. Though technically not telling her is good since she could've killed Assyleum-- but the fact that he doesn't even know that happened and decides to lie to her is what makes it not smart.

ZingFreelancer said:
What a shit Episode, am getting seriously tired of all the cliff hangers. Amnesia, slow recovery of real princess. Inaho realize that even if princess is rescued she will be useless in peace negotiations because of her sister.

I'm wondering why they didn't bring the emperor into this too. Shouldn't the fake princess have informed her father first?

And really? You didn't expect the cliches? LoL this is Aldnoah.
Feb 21, 2015 11:14 AM

Jul 2007
ANGRY2011 said:

I shed no tears for Yandere Princess.

I can't await for the irony that when Aseylum finaly runs away, Slaine will have to rely on the other princess he betrayed(talk about continuing to fuck everything up and mess things up , Slaine - you got enough bullshit to turn both of them away from you, be happy that one of them is clingy yandere)
Feb 21, 2015 11:14 AM

Apr 2008
Inugirlz said:
Well that was a fun episode. Slaine pretty much has officially entered the role as villain. The tragic villain. So sad. Poor kid is getting all twisted up. He even knows it. Watch he's going to progressively do more immoral things. I just pray we don't get a yandere.

Lying to Lemrina is bad and gonna bite him in the ass. Though technically not telling her is good since she could've killed Assyleum-- but the fact that he doesn't even know that happened and decides to lie to her is what makes it not smart.

ZingFreelancer said:

I'm wondering why they didn't bring the emperor into this too. Shouldn't the fake princess have informed her father first?

Well we did get a glimpse of the emperor during the anouncement. Though couldn't tell much from his reaction or lack thereof
Feb 21, 2015 11:17 AM

Jan 2015
Motivation is pretty important here. With Lelouch...yes the guy committed atrocities and had an ego the size of the entire planet, but ultimately, everything he did was to make the world a better place for his sister. It was more of an "ends justify the means" situation. Lelouch really didn't care about himself - the point that he was willing to throw away his life. In fact, he didn't even want to live after he thought his sister was dead.

With Slaine, however, the motivation appears to be far less pure. It seems increasingly clear (especially with this new episode) that he's not conquering Earth/indulging in dirty politics for Asseylum or for her ideals. His statement of more or less settling for power if he can't stay close to Asseylum shows that ultimately, he's very self-centered. Furthermore, his one saving grace--his feelings for Asseylum--seems more like obsession and possessiveness rather than love.

So it's not surprising that more people hate Slaine.

Jul 2014
Oh, finally martians come in force. I like the stealth lady kat and the older count. If Inaho team kills them all in one episode, my rating of A.Z won't go above 5. If nobody from the Deucalion cast dies, it won't go above 4.

I don't like that Slaine lies so much to Lemrina. He should at least act better towards her. It's awful that he cringes at her all the time. And the poor girl hasn't used the only chance she had - to kill Asseylum. She should blackmail him more as well.
It's sad that Asseylum is alive. She is so annoyingly one-note and there is no time for her development. I've read at animesuki that at first they didn't plan to make Slaine obsessed with her. A pity that they didn't go that route. I would love to see Slaine recovering from his obsession. He has changed so the love can go away - this happens in life, but sadly is rarely shown in fiction. Like, you slowly realize that your former interest doesn't define everything.
Acually killimg Asseylum now would solve most of the problems. Sigh...

I am glad that they show how the knights do not care, if they get what they want. That's realistic.

And I am sorry, Slaine's haters, but he has come a long way - he is pretty impressive right now. And he reminds of Saazbaum a lot.
Good that he made Harklight a knight, but I hope that the boy won't die soon.

The terran leaders are indeed idiots.

It gets annoying that terrans solve everything with smoke and standard ammunition.
Feb 2015
HAHAHAHA yes i called it.I knew Slaine would become power hungry, cant turn back now, what, he got the girl yet he still jelly that he didnt get to see the birds with.Sorry Slaine my boy Inaho was first there.Things arent looking good for the UFE since Inaho fell into Slaine's trap.Oh boy im hyped for the next episode.

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
ANGRY2011 said:

Lemrina was either going to betray Slaine or be betrayed by Slaine. At least until the princess leaves him. Then she might be able to get closer to him in earnest.

There was opportunity for them to become a team, and a real pair. Slaine giving up on Asseylum (which he seems to starting now anyway) and actually seeing where Lemrina comes from. It would have even been a fairly natural development. Neither one had to betray the other.

Oh well.
Feb 21, 2015 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
ANGRY2011 said:
There was opportunity for them to become a team, and a real pair. Slaine giving up on Asseylum (which he seems to starting now anyway) and actually seeing where Lemrina comes from. It would have even been a fairly natural development. Neither one had to betray the other.

Oh well.

Yeah. I would love to see this development. They don't even need to be in love - a good partners would be enough. I dunno why Slaine can't even act nicely - play chess with her or something. He even took away her maid and didn't give anyone instead. That's short-sighted, since she is his trump card. Er, and he was planning to have aldnoah gifted children with her, so why not try to bond?
Feb 21, 2015 11:20 AM

Jul 2007
ANGRY2011 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Oh well.

It will still happen.

They will be able to bond of being rejected.
Feb 21, 2015 11:21 AM

May 2012
Inugirlz said:

ZingFreelancer said:

I'm wondering why they didn't bring the emperor into this too. Shouldn't the fake princess have informed her father?

No it's pretty clear now that Lemrina would have probably never harmed Assyelum, while she does "hate her" in a sense she also pretty much stated that she admired her. She was acting like a spoiled brat but that's about it, she even began crying after slaine told her she got worse.

oh and you mention "cliches" again... please mention what cliche was in this episode?
Feb 21, 2015 11:22 AM

Jul 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Well we did get a glimpse of the emperor during the anouncement. Though couldn't tell much from his reaction or lack thereof

Yup, I mean whether or not Slaine/Lemrina brought up the plan to him before their announcement first or not. It'll either go 2 ways. 1) they did talk to him and we'll see a flashback showing it or 2) they didn't talk to him and counts against the union will rally to the emperor and try to get him to overturn this or something.
Feb 21, 2015 11:23 AM

May 2012
deadoptimist said:
Oh, finally martians come in force. I like the stealth lady kat and the older count. If Inaho team kills them all in one episode, my rating of A.Z won't go above 5. If nobody from the Deucalion cast dies, it won't go above 4.

So "people dying" somehow now is a criteria in rating a show? I'm sorry but what? I didn't know people had to die in order for a show to be good.
Feb 21, 2015 11:25 AM

Apr 2008
Inugirlz said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yup, I mean whether or not Slaine/Lemrina brought up the plan to him before their announcement first or not. It'll either go 2 ways. 1) they did talk to him and we'll see a flashback showing it or 2) they didn't talk to him and counts against the union will rally to the emperor and try to get him to overturn this or something.

Honestly the emperor is likely on death's door anyway given he's plugged to machines in his bed chambers.
Feb 21, 2015 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
Hahaha, that would be Birth of a Supervillain, if he wasn't him already.

is scene is priceless.
Feb 21, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2008
I can't believe I've waited a whole week for this episode! I mean, surely I expected some Bullshit with princess awakening, but it's just so overused.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Feb 21, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2009
KamiAlice said:
Inugirlz said:

I'm wondering why they didn't bring the emperor into this too. Shouldn't the fake princess have informed her father?

No it's pretty clear now that Lemrina would have probably never harmed Assyelum, while she does "hate her" in a sense she also pretty much stated that she admired her. She was acting like a spoiled brat but that's about it, she even began crying after slaine told her she got worse.

oh and you mention "cliches" again... please mention what cliche was in this episode?

Oh don't get defensive! Cliche was only referring to ZingFreelancer mentioning tiring cliffhangers, amnesia and slow recovery.

Also please. You even use the word 'probably.' Just because Lemrina stopped before actually pulling the plug on Assyelum does not change the fact that she even considered it, went to the room and actually messed around with the machine enough to cause a reaction and did so behind his back. She's feeling regret for it now, good but see how people can have change of hearts? It could happen again. She started crying out of guilt. They both did things behind each other's back, if they're ever gonna be a proper team that needs to end.
Feb 21, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
Slaine is building communism He is a space stalin.

No, he is not. Please, stop using Russian history inaccurately.
Feb 21, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
CookingPriest said:

then how about space fidel Castro
Feb 21, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
Looks like Slaine's sister sandwich now wont happen since the blonde princess is thinking about Inaho. I would be angry too
Feb 21, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2009
seujair31 said:
Hahaha, that would be Birth of a Supervillain, if he wasn't him already.

is scene is priceless.

He totally overreacted to that scene, like c'mon Slaine. I'm so surprised he hasn't at least once, tried to understand her relationship with Inaho. She was on a ship with him for how long? You're not gonna consider they became friends? Why so touchy dawg. But yup, birth of a villain right there.

KamiAlice said:
deadoptimist said:

So "people dying" somehow now is a criteria in rating a show? I'm sorry but what? I didn't know people had to die in order for a show to be good.

I think deadoptimist's opinion here is pretty damn valid though. It's not as simple as people dying and you know it.

Seriously the Earth forces are REALLY disadvantaged. It will take a miracle and some serious plot armour if no one important dies. At this point a reasonable reason for why the martians side does not completely wipe everyone out is if their machines are powered down by something/someone or Slaine calls them off after spontaneously having a change of heart lol.
Feb 21, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2008
o123o said:
Looks like Slaine's sister sandwich now wont happen since the blonde princess is thinking about Inaho. I would be angry too

You reap what you sow. Also that's what you get when you are too blind to see your love is onesided on your part
Feb 21, 2015 11:33 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
o123o said:

You reap what you sow. Also that's what you get when you are too blind to see your love is onesided on your part

And you were almost right with your prediction that the princess first word was gonna be "Inaho".
Feb 21, 2015 11:33 AM

Jul 2007
deadoptimist said:
CookingPriest said:

Yes he is.

I would have compared to hitler but the whole working class bullshit and overturning royals cemented it for me. So I call him Stalin. Beacuse the only difference between t he two is that one is a communist.

And hey - at least he is way ahead of Stalin - he already comitted genocide and massacres Stalin is famous about
Feb 21, 2015 11:35 AM
Nov 2014
Slow episode but I chuckled a bit when Kaizuka called Slaine a douchebag.
Feb 21, 2015 11:35 AM
Feb 2015
o123o said:

Yeah he's overreacting to the part that he wasnt there with the princess on Earth, seriously he got the Princess in like 5 seconds, c'mon she's just touching up on her memories, i mean she called out your name so many times in S1 , let Inaho have his moments.
Feb 21, 2015 11:36 AM

Apr 2008
o123o said:
Darklight0303 said:

And you were almost right with your prediction that the princess first word was gonna be "Inaho".

Alas I'll settle for what i can get :P still it's obvious what memory is stronger.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.