Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 23, 2015 6:03 PM

Sep 2013
Well there goes like 8 months of hopeful ignorant anticipation right down the toilet. Another possible hit ruined by pointless fanservice.
Old_RavenJan 23, 2015 6:07 PM
Jan 23, 2015 6:11 PM
Jun 2010
wow that was horrible
Jan 23, 2015 6:41 PM

Jun 2013
Nice start! I hate everyone already! FTGE
Jan 23, 2015 7:15 PM
May 2009
Wow, what a crap adaptation. They butchered the story from the manga pretty badly. Guess I should've expected that from a 10 episode adaptation. Not only are they rushing a lot of the story, but they're rewriting have of it, and rearranging the other half. I've never been this let down by an adaptation in just the first episode. You could claim that it might get better in later episodes, but there aren't that many, and they changed some major plot points with just this first episode alone. I don't get what that glowing power up for Sakuya was, but it wasn't in the part of the manga I read, and I read pretty far.

As for the fan service, wow that was terrible. I'm not saying the Manga doesn't have fanservice, the MC has plenty of Rito moments for himself, but at least it wasn't jarring and thrown in randomly.

All I can say in the end is that I'm glad I started reading the Manga before watching the Anime. I would have likely never picked up the Manga after seeing this adaptation, thinking it was just as terribly written.

I recommend anybody not enjoying the Anime to at least give the Manga a shot. I can't say it's amazing, but at least I can say it's much better than this Anime.
Jan 23, 2015 7:18 PM
May 2014
wtf with this adaptation, I don't hope a adaptation to 100%, but this was a really awful, I didn't like the episode and with 10 episode a big rush is incoming.
Jan 23, 2015 7:20 PM

Aug 2013
An awful anime adaption from an awful manga.

Just as expected.
Jan 23, 2015 7:35 PM

Apr 2014
Man...so bad...drop!...I will stick with the manga. I prefer the manga over the anime.
Jan 23, 2015 8:11 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like everyone is thinking the same as I am. Just cut out all the unnecessary ecchi garbage and you'd have at the least a decently interesting show. I'm losing faith in this industry.....
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jan 23, 2015 8:58 PM

Feb 2014
The premise is actually pretty cool but the execution is so poor. There were a bunch of things I liked but an equally amount of things I didn't.
Jan 23, 2015 9:20 PM

Dec 2014
This was one of the worst first episodes I've seen in a long time. ಠ_ಠ
It sucks even more for me because I was looking forward to watching this anime(For some reason...)
Jan 23, 2015 9:46 PM

May 2012
dem sensors doe, exploding bloody monsters are k, but a pair of tits? nope thats too much, lol well this seems like an alright show so far, seems like it could be interesting.
Jan 23, 2015 10:01 PM

Jul 2011
Awesome :D Love it!
Jan 23, 2015 10:05 PM

Apr 2013
aaaaaannnnd dropped.

no hopes for this, wont waste my time.
Jan 23, 2015 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
Overly tsundere blonde chick, but it seem entertaining enough, I'll see how it goes. This season has a lot of harems/ecchi, which is all good to me, but Isuca's got a lot of competition, at least for me.
Jan 23, 2015 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
Wow that was.....

terrible. Worst anime of this season.

Good job ARMS. Keeping it quality since never.
IZEROIIJan 23, 2015 10:43 PM
Jan 23, 2015 11:01 PM

Jul 2013
Is the manga really that different? the story seems decent enough although not exactly original. Kinda like Inukami except with more ecchi.

IZEROII said:
Wow that was.....

terrible. Worst anime of this season.

Good job ARMS. Keeping it quality since never.

Nah I think Absolute Duo is still the worst or maybe Fafnir.. can't decide
Jan 23, 2015 11:38 PM
Nov 2014
MoeGod said:
Nah I think Absolute Duo is still the worst or maybe Fafnir.. can't decide

Actually I think this would be the order:
Paul said:
I'd ranked it above Fafnir and below Absolute Duo. At least it doesn't CG everything important in it.
Jan 23, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2009
well, another generic ecchi series with ur typical nice guy male lead... u'd have to like the characters from the very start without knowing anything about them to enjoy a show like this... i'll pass for now.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 23, 2015 11:49 PM

Sep 2008
so lightning hits 2 people and instead of getting fried they are in a situation where they end up kissing?!?! ok very believable....just as believable as that girl running with bread in her mouth while being late for school and knocks over a guy with a kiss" trope...

this series fails in so many ways
Jan 24, 2015 12:27 AM

Jan 2014
25 seconds, fastest ive ever dropped an anime
cant stop laughing though, well done Studio Arms

Edit: 1 minute in, oh god it gets worse, lol
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jan 24, 2015 12:53 AM

Mar 2013
Silver4000 said:
yhfxirai said:
Another anime ruined by pointless stupid fanservice..

That moment when you were expecting an anime without even knowing that it would be ecchi...

The part that I hated the most was obviously the pleasure part...
And I doubt that the censorship will be removed on the blu ray, doesn't seem like that kind of show.
Otherwise... well... fuck... :/

Actually, it's almost certain that the censorship will be removed. Some skilled people alread did screenshot contrast filtering and confirmed the existense of nipples underneath those black rays. Also, the same thing goes for Shinmai Maou with their white fog.
Jan 24, 2015 12:57 AM

Jul 2012
Just read the first chapter of this manga and wow, Do anime adaptions always change so much stuff?
Jan 24, 2015 1:03 AM

Oct 2014
will she have wings? or is that just an ED thing..
Jan 24, 2015 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
Had high expectations for this show since it's airing so late, and it didn't disappoint.

2 seconds in, tits. After that, tits and asses. MC's buddy kept preaching about how "bigger tits are better, and they hold the dreams of men". Literally might be my animated self.

Lots of censors, but that just means the BDs are going to be fucking amazing.

Art was good, nothing to complain about. Anything inconsistent was super minor. Flows a lot better than say, World Break.

OP wasn't bad, but sounded more like something out of Love Live. Didn't really fit well. ED wasn't bad.

Fight scene wasn't terrible. Lasted more than 2 minutes. Contained powers and an info dump, instead of all one or the other.

Looking forward to seeing cat girls tits. eventually uncensored. Dat nurse, Would have accepted marriage proposal/10

Everyone bitching about how bad it is and bitching at ARMS...Unless you were a manga reader expecting a faithful adaptation, you have no right to complain. Manga readers can be upset they aren't getting what expected, just like with Tokyo Ghoul, but everyone else should know what to expect going in. Read the genre tags and synopsis. Not fucking hard.

Jose07 said:
*sigh*

What can i say. cliche as hell. I really dislike how the main character looks really... bland or boring. He is pretty munch a pussy. He let himself get stepped on by a girl and then he let himself get in a choke hold. wtf. And then he did the thing were he couldn't just stand there and watch her suffer, he had to go and help her etc. etc. He prety much gets treated like a dog by the blond bitch. And the fan-service; it could have done it without it to be honest. This anime just feels like, generic, or like i said, cliche as hell.

I might just stick around just to see what happens next but i am guessing what will happen next. 5/10 for the first episode and maybe even overall, i don't think it will change but lets see.

wahhh wahhh this was cliché, that was cliché wahh. If this isn't your first time in the genre, then you have no right to be surprised or complain. They are all the same. You know what to expect. Unless you just have a terribly bad case or moronitis.
Jan 24, 2015 1:09 AM

Apr 2011
To Love Ru all over again..
Jan 24, 2015 1:10 AM

Dec 2013
She just had to be tsundere... Why did she have to be tsundere? Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good tsundere from time to time if the character is written properly- but this time we could have done without the tsundere.

Bah! My expectations going in:

Excessive fanservice... Check!

Excessive censoring of the excessing fanservice... Check!

Generic ecchi/harem plot... Check!

Weak MC that has some kind of Gary Stu power... Check!

Looks like it's all here. All in all, could be worse. It's not as good as Absolute Duo, Fafnir, World Break, or Maou Testament- so it's not got a chance at being one of the top ecchi of the season, it's at the bottom of that list really. But, I have seen much worse.

OP was okay, kind of just killed it right after the ED started though. Voice acting was decent, some of the school kids sounded rather annoying but I imagine most of them are just minor support roles we'll only see minimally.

I know nothing of the source material, so I'm not going to be biased and base my judgement on something this clearly isn't. All in all I'll give this episode a 6/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 24, 2015 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
This is a great example of poor story set up and rehashing of the most tired tropes with utterly uninteresting characters. It's not even worth wading through all the crap to get to the fan service.

But on the bright side, if you drop now, that's one less show to suffer through!
Jan 24, 2015 2:06 AM

Apr 2014
Seeing that this is a 10 Episode anime with weak Story...this could turn out to be garbage :/ disappointed really.... Cliche concepts with cliche Characters......kinda hate the VA's too...The Girl's voices were so annoying to the ear.... Along with the typical Tsundere -_- giving this one 7/10 for now.
Jan 24, 2015 2:44 AM

Apr 2013
Fanservice, by its very nature, is NOT 'pointless'. I wish people would stop saying that. Just because you don't like it, or think it doesn't suit the anime or situation, doesn't make it pointless. I like fanservice, and since there's so few anime each season that has any, i'll take it where i can get it. That said, this show still wasn't all that good. People call it cliched and they're right. I'll keep watching it cause i don't mind it, but i'm hoping the story takes a turn for the better. That Sensei was pretty cute, she's my fav character so far.
Jan 24, 2015 2:50 AM

Sep 2011
WTF! Why did they change so much from the manga it's completely different.. wow this is so bad the manga is much better...
Jan 24, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2014
so I read about the manga a bit... so it's somehow different from the anime... I had to admit It was funny in the anime where the scene he went to the sensei and as for an approval for him to find a part time job, and she joked around why not be her husband cause it pays.. I lol'ed at that part while in the manga.. she directly sent him to where he might find one...(w/out spilling that joke why not be her husband)...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jan 24, 2015 3:36 AM

Jan 2013
I'm starting to get really pissed after seeing countless worthless anime this season and this one of them. Almost every anime is just a run-of-the-mill ecchi/harem anime without quality, plot and interesting characters. It's just all about having fanservice and showing boobs and shit all the time. I'm really disappointed with this, I'm not gonna support such anime.

Jan 24, 2015 4:32 AM

Dec 2014
how it can be an ecchi anime?? -_- what sh*t censored
Jan 24, 2015 5:44 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
...well this anime feels ruined with ecchi.. Some anime just don't go well with ecchi... if this anime would be a bit more serious and with less ecchi aspect to it. It actually might been an great anime. Well I will keep watching it, but I don't really expect much from it.
Jan 24, 2015 5:57 AM

Dec 2012
Sucky forst impression
Jan 24, 2015 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
LoneUlfsark said:
Silver4000 said:

That moment when you were expecting an anime without even knowing that it would be ecchi...

The part that I hated the most was obviously the pleasure part...
And I doubt that the censorship will be removed on the blu ray, doesn't seem like that kind of show.
Otherwise... well... fuck... :/

Actually, it's almost certain that the censorship will be removed. Some skilled people alread did screenshot contrast filtering and confirmed the existense of nipples underneath those black rays. Also, the same thing goes for Shinmai Maou with their white fog.

Shinmai Maou was confirmed even before airing that the BR version would be uncensored and with new lewd scenes.

As for Isuca, I say that I doubted because they simply censored everything (excluding the "whore" at the beginning), I mean, they even censored underwear, and most of the times the girl had the clothes covering the nipples, so it was a pointless censorship.
Jan 24, 2015 6:26 AM

Oct 2013
The pacing was so slow and the story was boring... Not gonna continue.
Jan 24, 2015 6:56 AM

Mar 2014
Sigh no words could describe how awful this show is (-_-")
Jan 24, 2015 7:58 AM

Sep 2011
Three words: Fuck this shit.

Jan 24, 2015 8:56 AM
Jan 2012
5/5 10/10

Problem? Doesn't matter.

Problems? I didn't see any.

So far I'm only sorrowful that it will only be ten episodes... And that centipede/millipede lady at the beginning was... Not what I was expecting. So I don't think I would be too far off in assuming that some fights may end up a bit gory... I really like Sakuya... As for Shinichirou... Maybe a haircut, but he's still cool enough.
Jan 24, 2015 2:19 PM
Jul 2012
This is... well..... rather sad. I honestly don't like this anime. It isn't like some where the plot, characters or animation is boring, but it just doesn't have any real appeal. Its just fan-service all over the place. The extensiveness of the fan-service makes it lose what little humor those jokes still have and takes up time that could be better spent focusing on a more important aspect.
Jan 24, 2015 2:21 PM

Dec 2013
What the hell is going on? Why is everything so rushed? Everything is so fast paced; I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel.
Jan 24, 2015 2:27 PM

Oct 2014
insta-drop.
Jan 24, 2015 3:14 PM
Oct 2012
curzon17 said:
Fanservice, by its very nature, is NOT 'pointless'. I wish people would stop saying that. Just because you don't like it, or think it doesn't suit the anime or situation, doesn't make it pointless.

I want to argue that. I believe there is a difference between "pointless fanservice" and "fanservice". A good explanation between the two was in the episode of Bakuman when Shuujin was teaching Aoki how to be panty scenes. In that episode he makes the point "you can't just show them, you have to reveal them as if by accident" (examples he gave were "bending down to pick up something" or "the wind blowing a skirt up".

A bit basic, but I think that does explain the difference. Pointless fanservice feels out of place, or as if the director has a quota of scenes and he just jams them in there regardless of the story. An animation that gave me that feeling was the ALO arc of the first season of SAO, both with Asuna, but more particularly with Suguha it felt out of place, even though all of SAO has fanservice, at least the other times it was as grating as it was in that cour.

Now a show like ToLoveRu can't have pointless fanservice because fanservice is the point of the show (and thank god for that) so whether or not it is out of place really doesn't matter; but in other shows, it can interrupt the show.

Another way to illustrate the distinction is to think about product placement. That is another thing that, when done right, can be done without distraction. Pizza hut in Code Geass is a good example; they made it a running joke with CC so it worked overall. But if the show just drops it in over and over again, with no attempt to blend it into the show, then it is pointless. Fanservice can be the same way.

Edit: oh should add a review. Even the cliches in this show were cliches. That is pretty bad.
Jan 24, 2015 3:58 PM
Aug 2011
I'm back, I've read all the chapters translated from the manga and I say they destroyed this so bad I want to cry. If you watched the anime and liked the story, but hated the censorship, I have to say don't give up on the manga, the story is better, the funny stuff is better, the tsunderes are better, the fanservice is better (no cersorship). No, the manga is not a masterpiece, it's kind of funny, but it is 100x better than this garbage they just "adapted" into anime.
Jan 24, 2015 6:00 PM
May 2009
Nyan-nyan100 said:
I'm back, I've read all the chapters translated from the manga and I say they destroyed this so bad I want to cry. If you watched the anime and liked the story, but hated the censorship, I have to say don't give up on the manga, the story is better, the funny stuff is better, the tsunderes are better, the fanservice is better (no cersorship). No, the manga is not a masterpiece, it's kind of funny, but it is 100x better than this garbage they just "adapted" into anime.

^What he said
Jan 24, 2015 6:04 PM

Jun 2012
ehhhhh idk what to say i dont like it for some reason
Jan 24, 2015 6:08 PM

Jul 2014
The look of the first monster (exhibitionist centipede) looked like it could be a horror monster hunting anime, but from that point one it took a nose dive into a ecchi rom-com.

Also that Lightning beast, which was a grand disappointment compared the centipede exhibitionist. All he was there for is to launch attacks that strip away clothes. And he sucked power from the area to level up essentially? Why not, you know absorb lightning from the clouds since that would be a better source.
Jan 24, 2015 6:15 PM

Aug 2014
At first I thought I'm watching Parasyte anime then Sakura kill that bitch off. So Asano
did everything with tsundere Sakura 1. he get to see her pantie later taste it 2. he got to
see her naked then he kissed it well his going so lucky on the battlefield, then she killed
that thunder wolf out good now Tamako will become Asano pet.

damn this way of from manga but Still fun to watch and that mask man really looks Edward
Elric I think it's a girl.Also that Miko looks like Himejima Akeno only hairstyle is different.

I will love cute tsunder Sakura, cat Tamako, sensei Nadeshiko for now go next.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 24, 2015 6:18 PM

Dec 2013
3/5

It was average although promising.
Feel free to message me to chat.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isuca Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2015

37 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2015

34 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 18, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2015

42 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 17, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.