Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 4, 2014 11:54 AM

Oct 2008
I've loved this manga for seven or eight years and I don't know how to feel about the ending...

Correct me if I miss something, but it's all kind of be like "the power of love saves the day". Priscilla is one of the most dangerous beings ever, then Clare -who was supposed to be kinda weak even after those seven years of training- awake and it turns out Teresa was with her all along and then, out of the blue, Teresa kills Priscilla.

I expected something more, I feel sad.
If it has solution, don't bother; and if it hasn't, why bothering?

Do you like manga? http://gunjoteam.com
Oct 4, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2008
Meh, very lackluster. The series really lost steam after the time skip. The finale was dragged out far too much; eventually I just stopped caring. The writing and story really took a hit, too. I feel Yagi should have spent more time elaborating and less time churning out the fighting. Still, all the material pre-time skip was brilliant. I remember how much a thoroughly exciting read Claymore used to be, and the characters (along with Yagi's awakened being designs) have been an intriguing bunch. A real shame he couldn't keep it up.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Oct 4, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2009
Does anyone know why it the page says there are 159 chapters whilst it ends at 155?
Oct 4, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2008
Juneh said:
Does anyone know why it the page says there are 159 chapters whilst it ends at 155?

MAL includes side-story chapters in the total chapter count (see here). In Claymores case, there are four side stories bringing the total to 159.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Oct 4, 2014 2:46 PM

Feb 2011
temporary said:
Weak ending, pretty disappointing.

+1 So many unanswered questions.
Forever Berserk
Oct 4, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
I thought the character that Clare saw at the end got killed?
Oct 5, 2014 2:05 AM

Jun 2008
Well, that's that....what a journey though.

It's rare to find a manga that is truly satisfying, so I'm not surprised that this ending doesn't fully satisfy me either.

Still, it was a great manga and one hell of a great ride.

9/10
--ALEX--Oct 5, 2014 2:09 AM
Oct 5, 2014 6:22 AM
Apr 2011
It was awesome, but I have to say that sometimes I didn't remember who some characters where or what were they doing, I think that it was because of the long time between chapters.

I will have to re-read it again!
Oct 5, 2014 7:35 PM

Mar 2013
WTF was Rubel talking about? Who are the ones that are going to hide away in neighboring lands and be forgotten? The men that left the Organization that can't go back to their homeland, or just the Organization in general?

This line: "The strongest blades, huh... Undoubtedly... The Claymores." Is this just the failed attempted to bring the series title in at the end? It such a stupid line, they never called themselves "Claymores" and there was never anything really done with this name to make it significant enough to be put in.

Also, does anyone remember Renee!? WTF happened to her?

This just feels like a rushed ending, like in the anime, and if this is the end to everything it's just another BS ending and yet another middle finger to Claymore fans.
Oct 5, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2010
Damn... this was so lame.

I loved the anime, but I wasn't satisfied with the ending so I started reading the manga. It was a good reading at first, but everything started to get bad some years ago, and it was downhill until the last page. The Deus Ex Machina fight against Priscilla was the last nail in Claymore's coffin.

6/10
Oct 6, 2014 1:19 AM

Jun 2011
Major_Awesome said:
WTF was Rubel talking about? Who are the ones that are going to hide away in neighboring lands and be forgotten? The men that left the Organization that can't go back to their homeland, or just the Organization in general?

No, Rubel was talking about the Claymores.

Major_Awesome said:
This line: "The strongest blades, huh... Undoubtedly... The Claymores." Is this just the failed attempted to bring the series title in at the end? It such a stupid line, they never called themselves "Claymores" and there was never anything really done with this name to make it significant enough to be put in.

Yep, they never called themselves "Claymores" but what about the swords they have..
i will leave these two pages, you can put 1 & 2 together..

Major_Awesome said:

she's dead.

Major_Awesome said:
This just feels like a rushed ending, like in the anime, and if this is the end to everything it's just another BS ending and yet another middle finger to Claymore fans.

What fans? the ones who doesn't support the series? the ones who didn't recognize Irene? the ones who doesn't rememeber major parts of the series? or the ones who forgot most the names in this last chapter?
As a "fan", i don't expect these "fans" to enjoy it.. lol!
Satou0KunOct 6, 2014 10:15 AM
Oct 6, 2014 4:23 AM

Dec 2008
Aerensianic said:
I thought the character that Clare saw at the end got killed?

Her death was never actually confirmed. Only speculated because of the throbbing that Clare felt in Irene's arm.
Oct 6, 2014 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:
Major_Awesome said:

No, Rubel was talking about the Claymores.

Major_Awesome said:

Yep, they never called themselves "Claymores" but what about the swords they have..
i will leave these two pages, you can put 1 & 2 together..

Major_Awesome said:

she's dead.

Major_Awesome said:

What fans? the ones who doesn't support the series? the ones who didn't recognize Irene? the ones who doesn't rememeber major parts of the series? or the ones who forgot most the names in this last chapter?
As a "fan", i don't expect these "fans" to enjoy it.. lol!

Why would the Warriors hide in "Neighboring" Lands, lands outside of the continent that they never knew that existed and thought that this was they only land in the world? http://www.manga2u.me/Claymore/79/24/

Even if this means just hiding where they are why would they hide? It doesn't make any sense.

So Rubel was taking about the steel of their swords? Then I quote myself: "Is this just the failed attempted to bring the series title in at the end?" Then I correct my punctuation: "Is this just the failed attempted to bring the series title in at the end."

There is no body in that scene, is that suppose to be blood in the second last one?

I don't understand what your talking about in the last part. People who don't really care about it enough aren't fans, although they might like it. Fans are more devoted then that.

This manga was good up to the point where Priscilla start killing everything, then she just gets her ass handed to her in like a chapter and a half by Teresa. It was just a rushed ending and if you find this to be a good ending and you're happy with it, I doubt you're a true fan.
Oct 6, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2009
It was a great manga.
I hope we will see a spin-off in a certain future, cause I'm curious about the continent etc.

Also... IRENE! :-)
Oct 6, 2014 1:46 PM

Jun 2011
Major_Awesome said:
Why would the Warriors hide in "Neighboring" Lands, lands outside of the continent that they never knew that existed and thought that this was they only land in the world? http://www.manga2u.me/Claymore/79/24/

Even if this means just hiding where they are why would they hide? It doesn't make any sense.

Outside the continent? he didn't bring that!
he meant hiding/staying where they are.
& It makes sense.. because:

Major_Awesome said:
So Rubel was taking about the steel of their swords? Then I quote myself: "Is this just the failed attempted to bring the series title in at the end?" Then I correct my punctuation: "Is this just the failed attempted to bring the series title in at the end."

Claymores are:
1. Half human / half yoma hybrid warriors.
2. Unbreakable double-edged swords.
if you used 1 alone you failed to understand.. if you used 2 alone you failed, again..
use 1 & 2 together and you'll understand.. if you didn't then i give up.

Major_Awesome said:
There is no body in that scene, is that suppose to be blood in the second last one?

Exactly, because..

Major_Awesome said:
This manga was good up to the point where Priscilla start killing everything, then she just gets her ass handed to her in like a chapter and a half by Teresa. It was just a rushed ending and if you find this to be a good ending and you're happy with it, I doubt you're a true fan.

No, i'm a true fan.. i don't find it to be a good ending..
i find it to be a Perfect one for the series & i'm more than happy with it.. :3
Satou0KunOct 6, 2014 1:50 PM
Oct 7, 2014 7:01 AM

Aug 2011
I didn't like the manga like I did at the start. Yagi kinda forgot where he was going to and I didn't really enjoyed the technique he used to gather all the things he left all over the place towards -what I think was- a rushed ending.

Nevertheless, I'm a big fan of Clare and Teresa and I loved how at least the Clare-Priscilla-Teresa story led to a conclusion worth reading.

» Escapism.

Oct 7, 2014 7:37 AM

Jul 2013
The manga started off well but it declined from that point, when they kind of started fighting the abyss ones. It was hard to keep up with it, but I'm generally proud of how it ended. It's a happy ending in an alternative way. Plus the Clare feels are too real.
Oct 7, 2014 11:02 PM

Mar 2008
Author went full WTF near the end. The ending felt like a salvage job. 7.5/10 personally.
Oct 7, 2014 11:37 PM

Sep 2011
The ending is so rush~

Still not that bad, the chapter had some sweet moments(i wish a little bit longer) the anime made me the claymore fan i am today. I'm glad i read this manga 9/10.
Oct 11, 2014 3:06 AM

Apr 2013
when the anime ended i held off from reading the manga because i was hoping for a remake/continuation that ignores the last few episodes.

glad i caved in and finally read it

loved the world setting, the characters ,yagi's character designs

after the time skip it felt that yagi got really fond of the characters he created even newly introduced ones, the number of deaths felt greatly reduced but you never knew that they would really all survive so it was not predictable.

since i read at my own pace and did not have to wait a month the battles near the end did not feel dragged out but you could tell they were.

was a bit worried that teresa might actually get revived for some reasons. glad it turned out that she just ended up being clare's awakening

love the fact that irene survived. never believed that she would just die

enjoyed the manga from the beginning to the end and already miss it and the characters

nothing to do with the manga as it is since i like the ending but knowing that there is an entire world with dragon kins fighting. it is a bit disappointing that we never got to see the rest of the world but story wise it makes sense. they can finally live in peace after killing all remaining yoma on the island.

bonus points for nun galatea <3
xSanoxOct 11, 2014 3:20 AM
Oct 11, 2014 10:45 AM

Dec 2010
it ends at 155 but why does my list have it up too 159?
Oct 11, 2014 7:37 PM

Aug 2007
Coldbid said:

Theres 4 extra chapters. Google claymore extra scenes
Oct 12, 2014 5:16 PM
Feb 2013
I liked the ending. But it really leaves many questions behind. The manga is great anyway, if you see that Claymore has a primary focus over Clare-Priscilla-Teresa, then you had the true ending, but I still believe that with it Yagi brings us some spin off for the other stuff.

Anyways, started reading last year and was a good ride. Thanks for an amazing manga ;).
Oct 12, 2014 9:13 PM
Apr 2011
I bet Yagi's next protaganist is going to be based on Teresa or Miria. FYI Clare and Raki are almost exact clones of his side characters from Angel Densetsu.
Oct 16, 2014 10:26 AM

Jan 2011
Daren_ said:
Coldbid said:

Theres 4 extra chapters. Google claymore extra scenes
i thought should have 5?

1) Teresa fighting Rosemary
2) when Miria was number 17
3) Priscilla met Isley
4) long haired Clare as a trainee
5) Isley, Ricardo and Duff met Riful
Oct 17, 2014 4:12 AM

Aug 2007
klaymore said:
i thought should have 5?

3) Priscilla met Isley

After some research i can conclude:
- The first four are part of the "extra scenes" series. These all have "extra scenes" on their cover page, and are 30 pages long
- The Isley, Ricardo, and Duff met Riful one is a 9 page special called "Warriors' Dawn Side Story". Unfortunately theres no manga entry for this special
Oct 20, 2014 7:28 AM

Jan 2011
Daren_ said:
klaymore said:
i thought should have 5?

3) Priscilla met Isley

After some research i can conclude:
- The first four are part of the "extra scenes" series. These all have "extra scenes" on their cover page, and are 30 pages long
- The Isley, Ricardo, and Duff met Riful one is a 9 page special called "Warriors' Dawn Side Story". Unfortunately theres no manga entry for this special
i see, maybe MAL should just put as 155 total chapters to avoid confusion
Oct 27, 2014 1:39 AM
Jul 2011
Kind of underwhelming ending considering how long this series been going and some of the plot points brought up earlier before the final fight.

Been reading Claymore since the anime ended, which is about 7 years ago. With the way the series was going during this final arc doesn't seem like a bad way to end it. Seems like the author was running thin, rather have series on on a decent note like than continue to get worse.

I was not shocked to see Irene in the end, but nice to see her still.

Farewall Claymore, still will be one of the more memorable series for me regardless.
Gen2K_Oct 27, 2014 1:47 AM
Oct 28, 2014 2:34 PM

Sep 2014
Gen2K_ said:
Seems like the author was running thin, rather have series on on a decent note like than continue to get worse.
Did he ever give an actual reason why he was ending the series??
Oct 28, 2014 10:05 PM
Jul 2011
I don't know honestly but I too would have love to know what was going on behind the scenes of this series. This is the first work of the author that I read although I hear good things about about his previous work, Angel Densetsu, which been on my to read list so I'm not sure if this is just simply his style of concluding his series or what.

My previous thought was just an assumption since it felt like the series was dragging out with Priscilla then on a flip how quickly everything "wrapped up" in the ending, final chapter.
Oct 30, 2014 7:21 AM

Mar 2010
This felt... average. It wasn't bad but there was no "Wow" factor either. My thoughts were pretty much: "Yeah... cute... yeah... okay... nice. That's it?" I simply couldn't feel any sense of conclusion from this other than Priscilla dying (which, in fact, happened in the previous chapter). It feels like yet another chapter rather than ending which isn't a good thing. I had to bump the rating from 9 to 7 just for this reason. I'm very disappointed but I think it's still better than continuing the manga.
Nov 1, 2014 6:44 PM

Aug 2008
So if this is the final chapter why does MAL say there are 4 more to go to Chap 159? Odd, should I just click them off as read?

Satisfying ending if that is what this was though, wouldn't have minded a bit longer epilogue but I won't complain. 8/10 series.
Nov 2, 2014 2:37 PM
Sep 2007
I marathoned this entire manga in the last few days, so it's rather fresh all to me, but did author forgot about Renee who dissapeared after being captured by Riful, and just exactly what was that Riful x Dauf fusion?

Not to mention it's really too bad we didn't get to see Rubel's eyes, and Priscilla's face when she smiled, thanked Teresa and apologized, before dissapearing.

Otherwise, great manga.

Wouldn't mind to see reboot anime of the whole thing with the old seiyu cast.
Nov 7, 2014 6:22 AM

Mar 2011
Amazing series with a satisfying ending. 9/10
Nov 7, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
Teresa <3
That colorful page was so beautiful!
I confess I would like it more if there was a way she could be "alive" again, not inside Clare, but with a body.
Miria still a good leader! 8/10

Btw, is the chapter counting wrong?! The last is 155, not 159!
Nov 12, 2014 12:08 AM

Mar 2013
Psajdako-chan said:
I marathoned this entire manga in the last few days, so it's rather fresh all to me, but did author forgot about Renee who dissapeared after being captured by Riful, and just exactly what was that Riful x Dauf fusion?

Renee was killed by Riful.

Nov 19, 2014 6:21 PM
Jan 2013
Marathoned the manga in the last few days, I thought as a whole it had a great beginning and good plot twist along the way but at some point, it lost its potential to be great and became just a solid series, like a 8.5/10, some characters didnt fulfill their potential, fighting became over-the-top like most long action series do, some things werent dealt with properly, etc. Nevertheless, it is a unique series, with good plot twists and good action with a bit of gore. Good read overall.
Nov 21, 2014 6:07 AM

Sep 2009
confusing ending, so does that mean there will a sequel to this???
Nov 24, 2014 11:24 PM

Mar 2008
There's still the mainland... Possibly a sequel, but author doesn't seem to have much juice left.
Dec 7, 2014 2:12 AM

Jun 2008
Finally finish marothoning the manga in one go after placing it on hold for years. T.T such a great series. So much feels and thrills ;-;
Rase said:
Nice ending for a great manga.

I hope they start a spin-off from the Continent in the future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2014 3:34 PM
Dec 2014
Great manga! i feel that there could definitely be a sequel. I think introducing the main land shows that the 'claymore universe' is actually just a little bit of land use for experimentation for a WAY bigger plot in the main land. so there is much potential for a sequel.
Jan 2, 2015 9:53 AM

Dec 2011
I liked the story until it turned into "Island is just a laboratory for a greater conflict" story. Not because it's a bad idea, but because he added elements that were just there to fill gaps. Mainland... So you are going to tell me Calymores don't care about what might happen to them if it reaches island? Villagers don't know? The people there are cut off? Ok let's assume that's the case, why was no claymore sent to battlefield to fight the Dragons? Or at least no one ever mentioned and life of most ended on the island. Why maintain such a charade on the Island when purpose was to create soldiers capable of dealing with Dragons on the mainland... Also Dragons? All mighy beasts that only grow stronger... What are their origins? Why does their flesh turn humans into beasts? Do they not show interest in those captured? It's just too much that needed to be explained in main series. So I won't be satisfied until I see sequel... Since main series is ofc finished. Side story or sequel in another time is not an option.
Jan 13, 2015 11:54 PM

May 2010
I am kind of sad that Teresa left again. It felt like asspull that Teresa came back, and i hardly understood how Clare and Teresa were communicating. The last scene with Clare turning into a kid crying was quite emotional.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 15, 2015 1:43 PM

Nov 2007
Not a bad ending about what you'd hope for I guess. They should remake the anime.

Clare and Raki should have gotten closer tho.

That whole other continent stuff seems unresolved, but I guess that's better left for a spinoff or sequel.
Jan 18, 2015 5:17 AM
Apr 2009
I really have mixed feelings about this ending.
I was expecting something different. A kiss between Clare and Raki would have been nice too.
Even though the ending was not bad, I'm a bit disappointed about it.
It would be nice if the story didn't end here, but at the same time if the story continued to the mainland it would take decades to finish, or probably the guy would die before finishing it. He is so damn slow making new chapters.
Jan 22, 2015 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
Goddammit. It has been already many months out!!! Freaking late I am.

damn that Flower Scene with Winged Teresa looks awesome!! Soo, this Teresa is basically Illusion of Teresa with Supreme Strength given by Clare. that without she would have clearly lost...so Basically...Priscilla is Strongest Claymore and Being in entire Universe.

Sad Goodbyes. T.T Sayonara Teresa of Faint Smile..may you rest in Peace.

Aw Miria...XD She started Claire patting huh? XD Flustered Claire Looks Cute. X) and amazing Smile with Claire in the End.

Rubel was allowed leave...with Serious warning...yep anyone tries anything...It will be total Massacre to the Invasion Troop...Claymores will ruin them if they come.

So Deneve and Helen left to Helen's hometown, Galatea is drinking New Generation under the Table, Miria leads Claymore corps to Erase leftover Yoma's and Awakened Beings, with Tabitha's Sword...

Wait what She DIed? WHEN I TOTALLY FORGOT!!! and Oh wait *Checks Wikia* oh chapter 148 now I remember, tough other things most likey too my attention in that chapter.

Most of the Survivors of North train the Holy City troops and Young-lings live there too,
And Irene was Alive after All...Rafaela left her alive huh? XD

Damn there goes one of the Best Monthly manga of Our Time. What else I am now going to read when it is Over? T.T Missing it already.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 24, 2015 8:24 AM

Jan 2015
Finally read this manga in 3 day and i liked a lot and i hope we can get some continuation or a spin off about the main land.
Jan 25, 2015 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
I've managed to finish this finally. I enjoyed the story starting with the introduction of Teresa but then halfway through I've lost all the interest in it. Should have dropped it after the timeskip.
It also seems the art has dropped significantly, especially the backgrounds, although the mangaka has improved some other stuff like faces.
Anyway for me it's another manga that dropped the ball.
Feb 5, 2015 2:43 AM

Aug 2007
There's an interview with Yagi Norihiro in manga fom if anyone cares: http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/2015/02/jump-sq-interview-with-norihiro-yagi.html
Feb 5, 2015 4:28 AM

Jun 2011
goral said:
There's an interview with Yagi Norihiro in manga fom if anyone cares: http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/2015/02/jump-sq-interview-with-norihiro-yagi.html

Interesting way of showing Yagi :p & nice that we got his thoughts about the mainland.
thanks for sharing.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

9 by saketsahu »»
May 4, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 2 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

12 by ShokuganYuriko »»
Apr 29, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.