Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 26, 2009 6:38 AM

Jul 2009
shinwa said:

now Cecily are officially Luke's properties ;p
More likely Cecily is the one who insisted to be Luke's properties XD
Oct 26, 2009 10:55 AM

Aug 2008
Nice action but the rest was painfully generic
Oct 26, 2009 12:04 PM

Oct 2009
Cecily is really weak and annoying D: thank god that the other characters are way better xD
Oct 26, 2009 1:01 PM

Feb 2008
too much sap for my taste.

haha funny how she told him that if she flashed him he would forge a "sword" or two. haha. all the while she was shining her sword in a rather unique way. haha.
Oct 26, 2009 2:21 PM
Oct 2009
Oh man, sex jokes around the corner.

I wonder when Cecily will be given a sword. I mean because, Cecily sucks.

Of course, you know what I mean what I say that. ;)

Oh yeah and tits.

Wooooow, this anime is sooooooo lame. Thank god it's only 12 episodes.
Oct 26, 2009 2:29 PM

Feb 2009
Cecily was getting hit on a little too much by that Aria. Weird. As for the episode, it was good, quite boring as not enough action until the last 5 minutes of the episode. It was predictable that she would use Aria and some problematic situation would surface for her to use the sword, atleast she finally kills someone lol. Luke is still amazing, although scarce in his contribution at times in recent episodes, still a good character.
Oct 26, 2009 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
I truly want Cecily to be evil by the end of this series.
Oct 26, 2009 3:07 PM

Jan 2009
The pre-OP stuff.. ended kinda lol actaully xD
And also, the OP.. did it suddenly get better than before? I mean, really, it felt better than before xD...
And also,
noteDhero said:
Besides the titty talk, this was actually a good episode with Manglobe quality animation.

Not much else to say, really, except that this might actually get pretty good, if this continues.

Oh and also, Aria's transformation from human -> sword, way too long.
But compensating for that, the forging is cool xD

And lastly, Aariaaa~
And the strange ED
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 26, 2009 5:11 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode, for once they didn't dragged the ''I can't kill a human'' part as much as I would have thought which is something good.

There'll probably be some people who are against Cecily keeping Aria tough, gouvernment often tend to use whatever they can when it comes to war and Cecily don't want to kill except for protecting something
Oct 26, 2009 9:31 PM

Jun 2009
I wonder if we're ever going to get outside the city? Although I have to admit, it would be refreshing to see a fantasy show that didn't involve Journeying from Point A to Point B to get the Thing in order to kill the Scary Guy and save the World/Damsel/Apple Pie.

Best ep. I'll keep my hopes up it keeps getting better!

And, yes, 'saving the apple pie' trope happens in the fantasy genre more often than you might think.
Oct 26, 2009 11:17 PM

Jan 2009
Oh god that "Lets be friends" scene at the beginning was extremely annoying, and what the fuck is up with that fanservice in the middle of a crisis?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 27, 2009 12:41 AM

Dec 2007
just watched episode 4 and it was a really awesome episode. i think its the best episode so far.
im really liking this anime so far, im liking it allot more then i thought i would in the beginning of the series.
Cicily is getting less annoying now and im actually starting to like her character.
Aria the sword is just awesome!
Luck is pretty cool and i really like the way he forges the katana.

episode gets 4/5
Oct 27, 2009 3:38 AM

Jun 2008
Why did Luke made a sword in that moment. He already had one with him didn't he?
Oct 27, 2009 3:41 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
Why did Luke made a sword in that moment. He already had one with him didn't he?

It did not have a blade on it yet. His last blade broke in episode 1.
This episode is worth watching more than once. Compared to other episodes it really is incredible. The most noted I find is Cecily's words to Jack of not forgetting that she is the one who killed him and hte promise she made Aria swear to her at the end. I don't think I will forget those parts in this anime. Guess anime is something quite different from things in this world.
Antanaru said:
Oh Cecily, we know you want to work for Luke. With your body.

Yeah, I was not sure in the RAW about this but it looks like she did promise that her body belongs to him and all that she has. I do think it was more that she was willing to offer all to Luke to help her. Shows how desperate she was at that time.
noteDhero said:
Besides the titty talk, this was actually a good episode with Manglobe quality animation.

Yeah the titty talk was a pointless joke thing. Animation quality, I don't know but I know the battle was incredible compared to other ones.
francismeunierOct 27, 2009 3:50 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 27, 2009 3:57 AM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
Well probably the sword he made in that moment is a Magic Sword..different than the normal one that Luke was carrying..
Oct 27, 2009 1:13 PM

Oct 2009
Well, I liked this episode quite a bit. I'm starting to like Cecily a lot more than I originally did. It will be interesting to see how her character grows throughout the series.

Aria is just. Well. Aria. <3 And Lisa is <3 as well.

And Luke is so cranky and great. I love him. And there should be more of him. I think Mr. Crankybritches may just be my favorite character. X3
Oct 27, 2009 2:11 PM
Oct 2008
Falatorx said:
Personally i find Cecily to be a very annoying character. She is a prideful, self righteous, holier than thou character that is at the same time very weak (i.e. she is all talk). She also has that annoying arrogance of the standard "nobility archetype" you often see in anime, even being the fallen nobility she is. To top it off, she frequently shouts out the generic hero "save everyone, do no wrong" catchphrases! Now the worst has came to pass and she gained great power, not by earning it or training to be stronger, but simply by acquiring a demon sword, something likely only to increase her sense of arrogance and self righteousness.

That's pretty much how I feel too. She has a huge ego and always spouts catchphrases about protecting people and whatever, but when push comes to shove she has to throw herself at Luke's feet and beg him to help her. AGAIN. Come on.
Oct 27, 2009 2:54 PM

Feb 2009
Mikiyo said:
Oh god that "Lets be friends" scene at the beginning was extremely annoying, and what the fuck is up with that fanservice in the middle of a crisis?

Oh my gosh I was thinking the same thing, one moment I was all excited something good was about to happen, and the next I was staring at Cecily's crotch. ._.

Oct 27, 2009 3:39 PM

Sep 2009
I´m enjoying this show. Even the breast joke and some upskirt can´t ruin the overall quality of this episode. (So I think so...)
Oct 27, 2009 5:19 PM
Oct 2009
In the meantime, I'll be waiting for someone to make a doujinshi where Luke gives Cecily his "sword".

This anime is so perfectly set up for that. XD
Oct 27, 2009 6:12 PM

Oct 2009
A2ZOMG said:
In the meantime, I'll be waiting for someone to make a doujinshi where Luke gives Cecily his "sword".

This anime is so perfectly set up for that. XD

LMAO YES. I don't even ship it but SERIOUSLY.
Oct 27, 2009 7:22 PM

Mar 2009
I'm really enjoying this series. It's always better when you don't build high expectations, and that's what I intend to do.

Only thing that slightly bothered me was the Hooded man disappearance. They set up a trap knewing that hell was going to break loose, and didn't thought about locating and arresting the guy. Talk about competence.

Anyway, it's not like a villain would be caught or anything on a third episode.

Oct 28, 2009 12:00 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
needs moar LUKE <3
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 28, 2009 4:29 AM
Jul 2009
This episode is infinitely better than the rubbish second and third episodes. Cecily found stood up and killed the monster/human for once. I was about to drop this series, but this episode gave me some hope. 8/10
Oct 28, 2009 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
Show is pretty
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 29, 2009 2:28 AM

Nov 2008
This was pretty good episode. The magic they use always looks so great and the fight was nice too.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 29, 2009 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
Uh, okay? I thought the whole point of Aria being in human form was so that nobody would know she was the demon sword (Cecily said something to that effect in one of the previous eps). Sure, let's just have a city-wide event where we reveal that secret! /bad writing

Also, wow, sexual harrassment to the max in this episode. I don't care if it was supposed to be comedy, that old guy should not be telling Cecily she has "a nice rack". :/
Oct 30, 2009 4:10 AM

Apr 2009
I'm not a big fan of the story, but the action in this episode was really good.
Oct 30, 2009 9:20 AM

Jun 2009
Some serious plot holes here... a well. Fight was great, an I didn't mind fanservice either. ^^
Oct 30, 2009 9:36 AM

Jul 2009
mr_outside said:
Some serious plot holes here... a well. Fight was great, an I didn't mind fanservice either. ^^

Where exactly?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 30, 2009 10:14 AM

Jun 2009
unellmay said:
mr_outside said:

Where exactly?

I misapplied that word, what I meant was weak writing.

I mean... for the last two episodes their priority was to keep Aria's identity in secret, and that was probably one of the reasons why they given demon sword to Cecily. Suddenly they just brought up the plan to expose her and bring ultimate weapon right in the hand of their enemies...
Oct 31, 2009 11:59 PM
Jul 2009
Anyone notice her sword cleaning skills?
Nov 1, 2009 9:19 AM

Dec 2007
unlisted said:
Anyone notice her sword cleaning skills?

Noticed, made me chuckle.

I like how they animated Luke fighting, but Cecily was horrible. I hate it when they make two lazor beams clash and the fight is decided just like that, it's been done to death.
Nov 2, 2009 2:03 AM

Jan 2008
Average episode. Like most heros, she talks so much just before finishing someone off.
Nov 3, 2009 5:36 AM

Jun 2008
Best episode yet!
But still far from good.
kie_Nov 3, 2009 5:42 AM
Nov 4, 2009 8:46 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode except from the continuous mention of Cecily's breasts, I feel at time the plot focuses on them XD

Looks like Cecily is gonna get stronger! I'm cheering her one, she finally killed someone :D
Nov 8, 2009 10:39 PM

Dec 2007
It was very good episode than previous episode. I hope Cecily will be strong without depend on Luke someday. I chucked a bit at the since where Cecily offered her body to Luke in exchange of his help.
Dec 1, 2009 10:41 PM

Dec 2008
Good episode and Cecily seems to have become much better this episode (good determination to get Aria back and finish off the demon). Lol at the beginning and the jokes with the light atmosphere though, and curious as to the sword Luke is searching for as well as the mistake he made in the past. Nice at the end when Cecily and Aria vowed to become comrades in front of the tomb though.
Feb 10, 2010 5:57 AM

Aug 2009
Lol what the fuck? For some reason, Aria's wind became bigger and killed the fire dude. It was so cheesy I was laughing the whole time, lol.

Okay so the titty talk was kinda cute. Aria was like if you showed your tits to Luke, he'll definetely make you a katana, and Cecily was like, oh I already showed them, lmfao. Also, Lisa gave a hint that she's also the same kind as Aria. A weapon, that is.

Loved how Cecily gave up her body just for Luke to help her. She was like "If you want my body, you can use it however you want." GO LUKE, DON'T MISS THE CHANCE.
May 7, 2010 5:30 AM

Sep 2009
this was a pretty good episode with a pretty good fight scene
and all the boob talk made me laugh xD

Jan 31, 2011 3:28 PM

Mar 2010
Really great episode when the demon came out i was hoping everone would just get defeated for some reason

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 29, 2011 4:47 AM

Mar 2009
Great episode!

Cherami Leigh really turned this anime around for me.

I couldn't even get past 2 episodes when it premiered,with how annoying Cecily's voice was, and now I'm loving this show.

Aria is awesome, it took 4 episodes to set it up, but it looks like Cecily and Aria will make an awesome team.

I guess that means she won't be getting a kitana after all, at least for a while.

Urahara Out!!
Jul 29, 2012 4:14 AM

Feb 2011
The best ep in the series until now hands down !
Dec 4, 2012 2:35 PM

Apr 2012
Boob-comments set aside, I dare say that this was actually a good episode. It was nice to see Cecily finally come to term with the fact that protecting people sometimes mean killing others.

Also, I'm getting vague shoujo-ai vibes from Cecily and Aria, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part ^^
Nov 27, 2013 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
Jeez everyone is obsessed with Cecily's breasts! The fight was great and intense, especially how that demon was melting away the knights. I also like how Cecily's has found her resolve as a knight and the relationship between her and Aria. I actually find it interesting what's going on with Aria, it's almost like she's been looking for a master to give her redemption from how she's been forced to take lives before.
Jun 20, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2012
Great episode! Quite loved the action and the ending! Let's see what's next.
Jan 10, 2015 7:55 PM

Jan 2015
Luke and Cecily should totally go out. <3
Holy shit, that was totally unexpected when that guy transformed! What a monster!
Cecily is such am amazing swordswoman :3
That ending was so sweet :")
Oct 17, 2015 8:02 PM

Jan 2010
I feel bad for Cecily. Not her personally, but her character. She's portrayed as a tough as nails female lead with a strong personality, but she, as by her own words, hasn't done anything. Well, beyond being a meat shield and the butt of jokes. Then here, her great display of courage starts off by offering Luke money and/or her body to beat the demon. Then, the first time she killed anyone was a person that had since turned into a monster. This is accompanied by her spouting off a heroic speech while Luke yells at her to get on with it, which was an amusing moment actually. Still, a step up is a step up I guess.
Jul 24, 2016 9:42 AM

Feb 2014
She can't protect Aria but she keep promising that she'll protect her......... then to who will she be pleading again to save the day in the end? To our boring. Who will save the day? The boring MC......
TechOtakuJul 24, 2016 9:47 AM
Jul 20, 2019 1:53 PM

Sep 2012
love how she gets teased about being luke's GF 😄
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by aoo-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

6 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 19, 2009

174 by Spyro »»
Sep 23, 2020 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.