Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 2008 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

Ai doesn't seem like a possible hookup for Shin. I think shes just clinging to something that happened in the past but will eventually get over it and stay with Nobuse once she realized Shin only sees her as a friend.

I'm thinking the same thing, yet I'm not completely sold on the idea until we have some more information on the history Shin and Ai have. After a flash back that portrays how there relationship was when they were younger, I'll likely be able to decide just how Ai really sees things.

I'm really shocked to see that they gave a full perspective when it came to Shin going to talk with Hiromi. I wasn't expecting to see that much of an involvement from Hiromi in the conversation. Am I the only one who sees her reaction to what Shin had to say as anger? Either way she was upset by what he had to say. I'm not sure how she can justify her feelings for being upset seeing as Shin is just going off the lie he overheard. I can understand wanting Shin to profess his feelings, but when he has already heard that she isn't interested, what does she expect?

PimpToad, I'm not so sure where you are getting the idea that perspective that aren't explicitly explained are "facts." I'm not saying you are completely wrong with some of your explanations since at the moment there are many ambiguous situations. That's the beauty of this anime though, it is quote literally a breeding ground for the imagination. In turn, that should lead to a discussion (as the topic title states), not an argument.
Feb 5, 2008 1:04 PM

Aug 2007
This anime is built on the misunderstandings the characters create for themselves, thus causing the drama we are enjoying now.

I'm also saying that people should get their facts straight before commenting on things. Is that too much to ask? I'm one for speculation, but I at least back things up with things seen in the show.

Remember that True Tears is a visual novel, meaning that all three girls have their own arc (I'm not sure which ending La'cryma deems "canon"). Since it looks like they will be doing Aiko's first, there is a good chance that she will be taken out of the running. Question is whether this will actually happen or both of them will hook up (highly unlikely), either way will cause lots of drama next episode xD

Feb 5, 2008 3:12 PM

Oct 2007
From what I have read online, True Tears anime is independent of True Tears visual novel. Can it really be safe to believe that the anime adaptation will be anything like the novel versions? You know how anime sometimes take on a new life that is different from the novel or manga it came from.

From what I am seeing so far two of the girls are the focus and it seems pretty intergrated between them. Only one of them gets pushed to the side compared to the other two.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Feb 5, 2008 3:33 PM

Sep 2007
i wish noe would've licked my face. -.-

and ai-chan is just wow. i really like her.

next episode is definetely going to be interesting!
Feb 5, 2008 6:25 PM

Aug 2007
lilgumba said:
From what I have read online, True Tears anime is independent of True Tears visual novel. Can it really be safe to believe that the anime adaptation will be anything like the novel versions? You know how anime sometimes take on a new life that is different from the novel or manga it came from.

From what I am seeing so far two of the girls are the focus and it seems pretty intergrated between them. Only one of them gets pushed to the side compared to the other two.

Even if it's not a faithful adaptation (which is near impossible to do concerning this media medium), the story will still be primarily from the Visual Novel. Take Clannad and every other kyoani Key adaptation, they remain somewhat faithful until they start weaving the arcs together.
Feb 5, 2008 7:07 PM

May 2007
A few things I must add:

1.) The mother is a total bitch. Period.

2.) If Shin'ichiro is serious about Hiromi, he needs to MAN UP and lay down the law with, telling his mother she has no right to boss her around like that.

As common as Shin's characters types are in these kind of anime, I seriously hate the wimpy guys like that with no backbone. Seriously. It frustrates me to no end. Ahh! Maa~ I guess that's what makes this anime somewhat interesting.
Feb 8, 2008 10:23 PM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:

I'm also saying that people should get their facts straight before commenting on things. Is that too much to ask? I'm one for speculation, but I at least back things up with things seen in the show.

I don't necessarily believe people need to play the game or read the novel to contribute to an anime episode thread. As long as you watch the show and have a basic understanding of whats going on should give you the right to voice your opinion lol. So cool your jets with all the "get your facts straight business".

BTW. Where did I ever say Shin, Nobuse, and Aiko where not childhood friends? You need to stop reading to far deep into what others type on the forums lol.

I could be wrong about the whole tears thing but I'm pretty sure it literately means she needs to cry over something heartfelt/painful or someone close to her needs to cry with relation to her. It really has nothing to do with the bottle. The bottle is just a symbol of things she's lacking. But like I said I could be wrong about that, but remember these are all just theory's. I'm not basing these posts off the novel or anything other then what I've witnessed from each episode, as everyone else has since the start. So if I ruffled your feathers, sorry, had no intention of being "factually correct" from the start.
Feb 9, 2008 2:42 AM

Apr 2007
This is really reminding me of Ef, thou its not as artistic as Ef ofcourse, but damn, its a good story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2008 10:35 AM

Aug 2007
Ai's Drama is not going to be that substantial. It will clearly cause more drama for Nobuse if he finds out. Somehow I don't see the drama for Shin and Ai lasting more then an ep or two. Nobuse and Shin may be another story though since they're both so close.

Implies that you believe Shin and Ai don't share a close relationship with one another. Like I said, I look at what others posted before replying to them.

I don't necessarily believe people need to play the game or read the novel to contribute to an anime episode thread. As long as you watch the show and have a basic understanding of whats going on should give you the right to voice your opinion lol. So cool your jets with all the "get your facts straight business".

Its called an anime episode thread for a reason. You can offer your opinions, but at least back them up from things actually seen in the show. Wild speculations are acceptable, but not when it is fueled by your personal bias concerning a character(s).

BTW. Where did I ever say Shin, Nobuse, and Aiko where not childhood friends? You need to stop reading to far deep into what others type on the forums lol.

I could be wrong about the whole tears thing but I'm pretty sure it literately means she needs to cry over something heartfelt/painful or someone close to her needs to cry with relation to her. It really has nothing to do with the bottle. The bottle is just a symbol of things she's lacking. But like I said I could be wrong about that, but remember these are all just theory's. I'm not basing these posts off the novel or anything other then what I've witnessed from each episode, as everyone else has since the start. So if I ruffled your feathers, sorry, had no intention of being "factually correct" from the start.

I just rebutted your statement, is that so bad? This is an episode discussion forum where you offer your opinion and someone will usually agree/disagree with you. If you don't like having a discussion, then what the hell are you doing posting in this section? You should probably go back to the spam forum.
Feb 9, 2008 8:21 PM
Feb 2008
I really am surprised at how much I'm enjoying this show. I didn't expect anything from it initially but damn if it hasn't got some great writing. This episode ends perfectly. Can't wait for more.

Feb 23, 2008 12:01 AM
Oct 2007
I bet it turns out that they are related
Apr 27, 2008 11:34 AM

Feb 2008
I'm more hyped for more DeathfireD and PimpToad's showdown in True Tears. Hahahaha! LOL! XD

Well, for me. It's not like I don't like Hiromi, she's just not my type. First will be Noe (can't help but be moed by her), then Ai (haha!), then Hiromi - not really type of girl I would like.

That's it. I'm waiting for more *quoting* showdown in this True Tears episode forums. Hahaha! LOLy :3
Aug 13, 2008 11:19 PM

Nov 2007

weh.. im on episode 7 ryt now. and i dont rmeember wat happend in episode 5.aha!
but is this the episode wer shin went to hiromi's room.. hmn.. im confused bout that.. does it really have a two takes.. i mean a view of hiromi and a view of shin., am i right?.. aha!
and hmn.. hiromi cant control her emotions that time ne.. ,,

and wa.. jun he's so bishounen.! he's cool wen he asked hiromi out! aha
Sep 9, 2008 7:01 AM
May 2008
Dan88 said:
I think there is a good chance that Shinichirō and Hiromi have the same father. This would explain the mothers dislike of Hiromi and why she is living in the same house.

you've read my mind friend :)
Apr 18, 2009 9:52 AM

Nov 2008
Asako said:
This series is turning in to one of my favourites for this season. Though I have an itching feeling it may have a BAD END. I just hope it's not NICE BOAT style if it does go sour, because it doesn't fit with the feel of the series so far.

Just like I mentioned in the previous message, just hope it won't end like School Days style xD

I actually like all of them :D
Jun 9, 2009 5:22 AM

Apr 2008
busybody guys are fools ... hahas ~

Jun 10, 2009 6:59 AM

Jun 2009
Someone's showing a little jealousy. Shouldn't someone be seeing Jun more seriously. And why is the brother so insistent... The questions keep piling. Very suspenseful stuff.
Fear the finger of death
Sep 15, 2009 1:27 AM

Sep 2008
I just noticed that for highschool teens, these characters look like middleschool kids.
Sep 23, 2009 4:58 AM

Nov 2007
And so the plot thickens =O but man going into her room and telling her ... both sides are misunderstanding each other D:
Jan 28, 2010 7:47 AM

Nov 2009
xhx said:
I think some people got the wrong idea on Ai with the initiative... the sweater is for Nobuse not for Shin'. Well I might be wrong since this is a harem anime.. Earlier Nobuse said I wish Ai-chan would hand-knit a sweater for me and she said yes. Well at the end of the ep Ai was trying to say something to Shin' but Nobuse interupted it and Ai didn't want Shin' to open the door for Nobuse. So there can be 2 or 3 different outcome.
1) the sweater is for Nobuse.
2) the sweater is for shin'.
3) she will make a different sweater for Shin' later...
Theres something really wrong with Hiromi everytime Shin' tries to ask her something she changes the subject or stops Shin' to go any further with his question. Noe doesn't have any friends probably because she transferred last year so... don't hate on Noe. Noe>Hiromi>Ai =D

For me its Noe>Ai>Hiromi :P
This episode was pretty good, i wonder why shin's mother dislikes hiromi an her mother O_o
Mar 9, 2010 5:52 PM

Mar 2010
geyik said:
Dan88 said:
I think there is a good chance that Shinichirō and Hiromi have the same father. This would explain the mothers dislike of Hiromi and why she is living in the same house.

you've read my mind friend :)

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, the pictures were caught off, there is also the attitude Shinichiro's mom has against Hiromi, etc etc.
Honestly, I hate Shinichiro's mom right about now. She needs to lighten the fuck up.
Also, I'm curious about how both Noe's and Ai's feelings are going to change during the trans course of the story.
May 2, 2010 4:15 AM
Nov 2009
yuichii2 said:
thats one terrible mother, i hate her for treating Hiromi-chan so badly
wow this is getting really interesting, im usually not into these kinds of shows but this one is fantastic, cant wait for the next episode!

I think hiromi is daughter form the father, seems that the fater of shin'ichiro where in love with the mother of hiromi.
May 27, 2010 4:52 AM

Sep 2009
I like Aiko but I feel bad for Nobuse though. I'm really sensing some heavy drama coming up. Something bad always happens when pictures are found to have someone's face blocked out.
Jul 23, 2010 4:30 PM

Jan 2010
this anime is a joy :D,it's so damn entertaining :D
-great OP/ED songs
-nice characters
-nice artwork
-good story
-good BGM :),i'm really surprised that an anime with such a cheesy name can be so good!

about this episode...it had some funny moments,and i love that Noe is taking some initiative

BTW I get the strange feeling that Hiromi is actually shinichiro's sister O.o,that'd be really awkward but it would explain why shin's mother hates her so much

anyways,
5/5 ;)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 3, 2010 9:29 PM
Jul 2018
i like this anime. very simple dialogue and characters, but an extremely complicated mess of situations and understandings.
Nov 30, 2010 2:13 PM

Jul 2010
Noe licking Shinichiros cheeck =3

So cruel to just cut Horimi's mother's face out of the pictures. =(

May 1, 2011 1:21 AM

Dec 2010
I hope the anime develops Ai's relationship with Shin as well as the other two.
Dec 1, 2011 11:10 PM

Oct 2009
Oh shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2011 9:35 PM

Nov 2011
Awesome episode! I'm tripping out because I would do the a lot of the same as the main character if put in the same position! I was like predicting the future while watching this episode! =D

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 2, 2012 10:59 AM

Sep 2010
I smell a bad ending...
Feb 14, 2013 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
Dat face lick.
Apr 10, 2013 2:46 PM

May 2012
OOOW that ending! Ai-chan is really troubled, I wonder what she'll do, she could really destroy friendships...
The moment with the room scene I was rather confused about it being played twice but than it became clear it was from both sides, a nice concept I wonder if they'll use it more!

Great development, lets see what happens next!
Jul 6, 2013 9:49 PM
Aug 2012
not only is this dudes mom a total bitch, but shes really weak and pathetic about it. she only harasses hiromi when she is able to isolate her. and a couple episodes ago when dad was asking about the liquor delivery she immediately grabbed her arm nervously. honestly, what a detestable piece of trash she is
Jan 16, 2014 4:21 AM

May 2008
Nobuse will be really sad if he knows what's going on! Using someone feelings is the worst you know :(
Nov 28, 2015 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
I wonder why Shin's dad doesn't do anything about the situation. Does he really not notice anything? Especially given that there must be a reason why Hiromi ended up with Shin's place. Either his mother wasn't like this then, or it was his father who organized everything. But then one would have to assume that his mother was against it already, so his father should know.. apparently, his father also never overheard his wife bullying Hiromi. Or he doesn't care, but he is friendly to both of them. And he should also have been (at the very least) be okay with Hiromi staying with them, especially if the mother was already against it..

And both Hiromo and Shin could try to talk with his father..unfortunately, "talking things out" is something characters never do in such stories. Everyone always assumes a lot of things, but really talking about it?

Notice how Noe never said that she saw Shin walking with Hiromi. She actually never straight out said he lied, she just said eating artificial things would make him even a bigger liar, so *implying* he lied before.

Assuming, implying, misinterpreting, but never spelling anything out until it's too late - the perfect recipe for a disaster, and everyone is in on it. Heck, even their friends who are not directly involved, like the one who sat on the stairs with Hiromi and Noe are not trying to clear things up. At best, they ignore the whole situation, usually, they just make it worse.
Mar 11, 2016 3:09 AM

Nov 2013
Why there isn't harem tags in this show. Damn.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 8, 2016 9:33 AM
Mar 2016
Was the music at 11:53 also used in your lie in april? Pretty sure I've heard it before from somewhere else.
Oct 15, 2018 4:45 PM

Nov 2016
Might be the best harem I've seen.

Still dunno for whom I should root.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 27, 2019 7:00 PM
Apr 2016
Hmm, again the courses are changing, now I'm not so sure who likes who... Let's see
May 6, 2019 9:46 PM

Oct 2010
Damn, ai is such a player and the room scene was intense. Now I'm pretty confidend hiromi likes shinichiro but she can't do a thing because of the mother. I'm a noe fan at this moment.
Apr 2, 2020 11:13 AM

May 2016
All of the girls have some pretty sweet moments and persona but Noe is by far purest one
and I'm rooting for her, Hiromi has charm but dark side took a lot from her.
Apr 5, 2021 9:46 PM
Dec 2020
🔥🤣 Hiromi needs to make a move
Aug 6, 2021 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Noe in this episode, being lied to and then Hiromi didn't show up to lunch the next day; that must have felt pretty humiliating and made her feel self-conscious. I know I would have felt terrible if I were her. However, I have a decent feeling that she'll "win" when it comes to romance in this anime, so I don't feel too bad yet. Now Ai... I'm pretty sure she has no chance with Shinichirou. He already likes Hiromi too much, and Noe has very good chances with him as well.

Also, that scene in Hiromi's room being repeated was a very bizarre and awkward directing choice. I almost thought that there was something supernatural going on in the anime, like time travel or something. I'm glad that wasn't the case.

BUTTHURT said:
Also, I'm curious about how both Noe's and Ai's feelings are going to change during the trans course of the story.

Boy oh boy, I really hope I'm misinterpreting this message, or that this was a typo, and not some kind of spoiler. Please tell me there's no transgender element to this anime... I'm enjoying this anime too much for a punch to the gut like that.
removed-userAug 6, 2021 9:45 PM
Oct 15, 2021 5:41 PM
Dec 2017
nice episode overall imo

Jan 27, 2022 11:49 AM

Aug 2017
This anime seriously loves cliffhangers.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 8, 2022 9:21 PM
May 2021
Poor Miyokichi Aiko actually like Shinchiro.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.