Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 2, 2014 8:47 AM

Apr 2008
bigzzcobzz said:
Tokyo Tower was animated *o*
What the hell was that monster that looked like a monkey?! Isn't that power too overpowered?

Good episode.
The monkey is probably just another of Professor (X)'s trick, it's all just in their head.
In episode 1 he can make the security guard kill each others with illusion.
Aug 2, 2014 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
a bit of sentimentality in this episode, I like the Rinka how protagonist, strong and hardworking, Kyoutarou still needs to evolve more to accompany her, I hope good fights in the next episodes ..
Aug 2, 2014 10:44 AM

Nov 2013
Rinka was so cool at the beginning,beating those guys...

Peggy comes to the rescue!! I didn't expect him to eat the golden fish..and why the shark? It got me a little curious :D

Now,let's see what Professor wants to negotiate

Also,this guy kind of looks like Leonidas from the 300 movie,don't you think?
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Aug 2, 2014 11:12 AM

Dec 2011
We got to see Leonidas... erm... Murasaki's dad get ready for war XD.

I'm not even sure why Rinka took a blocking stance when bullets can go through her lol.

Holy crap, the fact that a big fat naked guy appeared kinda makes me feel uneasy.

I was honestly expecting Peggy to go super saiyan this episode in order to protect his beloved friend... and he actually did so by eating that glowing fish and taking the power back from that pervert.

LOL, it was pretty funny seeing Kobushi fall in love at first sight with Rinka's father XD.

I was sure that the black samurai would turn out to be Minami, pretty obvious to be honest.

Poor Kyoutarou had such a sad past T.T

It was nice seeing Kyoutarou's and Rinka's bond growing stronger that ever.

Murasaki's new look was cute :3

Hahaha, the way Murasaki's power worked was freaking hilarious XD.

She could just touch something from her mother and see her... oh, she actually did so in the end and saw how beautiful her mother was... even young Leonidas was handsome XD.

Such a touching moment ruined by the appearance of a guy that calls himself "The Professor".
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 2, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
that ED ;_;
Aug 2, 2014 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
This anime has had the most random shit I've ever seen yet manages to take us on a feels trip at the end of this episode. Nice.
Aug 2, 2014 3:54 PM

Mar 2013
Its feels like it was a rushed episode, again.
Well... i'll end up just reading the manga anw...
The ending was nice tho
Aug 2, 2014 3:55 PM

Feb 2013
As a couple of others have noted, the pacing is very off for this anime. Overall, I liked this episode though and am interested in the plot and characters, it's just the transitions are weird.
Aug 2, 2014 4:20 PM

Jan 2013
Oh snap Professor X showed up.
Aug 2, 2014 8:15 PM

Apr 2012
The exposition in Tokyo ESP is pretty damn cheesy, but I guess the character designs and powers make it worth watching.
Aug 3, 2014 3:04 AM

Jun 2013
The stupid penguin is annoying as hell.

Leonidas turns out to be a softy loser yakuza failure father
Aug 3, 2014 3:05 AM

May 2012
Thats was very good episode. I think this anime is slightly underrated now
Aug 3, 2014 5:00 AM

May 2013
What's up with that red head? Fell in love with Rinka's dad. lol
That penguin can steal the golden fish out of espers. Expected of it.
Minami is beginning to interest me even though she has the same esp as Kyoutaro.
Aug 3, 2014 7:33 AM

Nov 2013
lucidbrandon said:
Blasphemy!
Peggy is awesome.
Aug 3, 2014 8:19 AM

Oct 2013
I thought this was a great episode,mostly because of the 2nd half(love dem Rinka x Koutarou moments!) The only major complaint I have,which would probably be a common one in the case of rushed adaptations,is that there isn’t enough time for any new developments to sink in before moving on the next. I read the manga chapters corresponding to this episode immediately after watching it and of course,there were no such issues.

I should probably start getting used to this: that is,liking the anime a lot but liking the manga even more. There’s no doubt the latter’s better but I honestly think the anime can stand on it’s own as well,at least so far. My impression after watching an episode is something on the lines of "Hey,that was really good!" then after reading the manga chapters it's "Wow,that was great!".

ManlyTearAug 3, 2014 8:22 AM
Aug 3, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
Oddyeus said:
The exposition in Tokyo ESP is pretty damn cheesy, but I guess the character designs and powers make it worth watching.

i was thinking the same thing after the latest episode. i mean, i felt like i was watching it simply to finish the episode i already started /: i don't know what i was expecting but i didn't think it'd be so corny lol
Aug 3, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
i think i had higher expectations b/c it's in the same universe as Ga-Rei Zero. I was expecting the drama and action and maybe even blood to be similar but that's my fault for comparing the two.

but still, Tokyo ESP isn't all that great so far, IMO.
Aug 3, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2012
That was a pretty fun episode.. I've been enjoying this series a good bit, without being a manga reader

That penguin seems to have a really hax ability: to take powers/floating fish away from people. hmmm

There's a good number of people complaining about the anime not having enough of the manga content in it /being to fast paced compared to the manga, to no one's suprise xD

I feel like if people start reading the manga for every anime they ever start during a season, they may never be satisfied..(or very rarely feel that way). I notice in general that a lot of complaints about many airing anime come from people who have read the manga, and its all comparisons/what was left out/how it could be like the source. I'm more interested in hearing complaints from people that aren't manga readers.

I myself focus on just watching the anime as is, and sometimes there may be an adaptation of manga/LN/VN that I happen to be reading, I'll watch that too. But I don't usually go out of my way to read source immediately after seeing it has an anime before the anime is done, because I know I'll just be endlessly comparing them and thinking about how the anime could be better D: Not to mention that picking up the source for most airing anime I watch would make my manga list of currently reading manga absolutely gigantic...

midnightbladeAug 3, 2014 10:06 AM
Aug 3, 2014 10:41 AM

Aug 2013
Just one of Rinka's dad's arms is as big as Kobushi's entire body.
Aug 3, 2014 12:58 PM
Feb 2013
Poor Leonidas.

Ah, this is so stupid and yet became so interesting. Damn.

People call him the professor, huh?
kcuf
Aug 3, 2014 4:03 PM

Feb 2013
Super penguin!!!!

I have to remember not to take this anime too seriously...

Oh man... you know you got trouble when someone introduces himself as "the professor"... :rolleyes:
Aug 3, 2014 6:39 PM

Mar 2009
lucidbrandon said:

Yep, he's less annoying now that he's useful.

I actually enjoyed this episode. I hope the show keeps getting better.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Aug 3, 2014 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode. The character interactions were a little weak and the atmosphere was kind of off.
The action was pretty goood though
Aug 3, 2014 10:54 PM

Jul 2013
these people are so slow. peggy ate the fish and they're like WHY CAN WE SUDDENLY HIT HIM?!!? c'mon now use your brain
what was minamis power, to summon huge beasts?
Aug 4, 2014 5:46 AM

Feb 2011
AHAHAHAHAHA HER FATHER AND THE REDHARIED GIRL XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Awn that last part was cute, AND OMEGERD THE GUY!!! FROM THE 1ST EPI
Aug 4, 2014 6:11 AM

Apr 2008
sparkls said:
these people are so slow. peggy ate the fish and they're like WHY CAN WE SUDDENLY HIT HIM?!!? c'mon now use your brain
what was minamis power, to summon huge beasts?
Minami is a Nightcrawler style teleporter (poof away leaving smokes) like Kyoutarou.

About Peggy, is his power from the fish like the human characters or is he at the same level as those flying fishes (the power is part of him from the beginning)
Aug 4, 2014 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
Actually, that ending was kind of emotional. I'm surprised I felt stirred emotionally
Aug 4, 2014 9:33 AM
Nov 2010
Man. No Lie, this episode made me cry at the ending credits. This episode was the clincher for me.

Whenever Peggy talks it's so cute. xD

And I loved Rinka's dad's answer to Kuroi's question.
Aug 4, 2014 9:37 AM

Dec 2013
Okay, so in a nutshell for this episode:

Black Widow (Kobushi) tries to steal the fish tank from Azazel (Minami). Gets tossed out the window and falls into Wolverine's (Rindou) arms, hilarity ensues when she falls head over heels in love with him at first sight (must be the Hugh Jackman effect)...

Kitty Pryde (Rinka) and Nightcrawler (Azuma) try to rescue Rogue (Murasaki) from Blob (the fugly buddha dude). PenPen (Peggy) reveals his ability to eat the miracle fishies and steal powers... making him pretty much Apocalypse because thats what he does too....

Nightcrawler disappears after confronting Azazel, Pryde finds him being extorted by Pyro, beats the hell out of him and runs away with Nightcrawler.

King Leonidas confronts the two X-teens and ends up mistakenly insulting them, embarrassing Rogue in the process, who gets pissed and runs away from home.

Drama... Drama.... Onions.... Leonidas in a badass Cadillac... then the young Professor X shows up with a proposition.

Woah.... Is this not X-Men with Spartans?
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???

By the way, the Ending scenes were big-time ninja onions there.... So beautiful

Next episode please XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 4, 2014 10:10 AM

Jul 2012
Rawr~! D: So many things happened so fast~! D: Lets see if I can remember them by the time I right this post.....

Rinka and Azuma come to save Murasaki.
Kobashi steals the...magical stone that holds the golden fish.
She falls in love with Rinka's dad. :P
The teleporting cosplaying samurai dude was actually Minami, Azuma's....cousin of sorts.
Peggy actually has a power that steals and eats back the golden fish people have.
Every good guy so far is now staying under the same roof, and Kobashi becomes a good person.....I think...
The cliff hanger....of the "Professor" appearing to make some sort of negotiation.....yeah. :P

I mean, being 12 episodes long, there has to be a lot of things going on, but this is more than I expected. xD Good episode, the next one looks good. :3
Aug 4, 2014 5:27 PM

May 2012
This is getting worse and worse.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 5, 2014 9:25 AM

Nov 2013
Man, I've read some chapters of the manga and i felt it took me some time, then 2 episodes aired (ep 2 and 3) and boom, the anime surpassed the chapters i've read. Pacing is too fast, i think, and skip some chapters. Don't know about this ep 4, considering i haven't read the manga chapters, but i think it felt rushed. Well, might read the manga again after the anime finished airing.

Hope the anime will have a better pacing for next episodes.
Aug 5, 2014 10:27 PM
Jan 2014
im still wondering, but why does murasaki's father look like the guy from 300....or is that just me?
Aug 6, 2014 5:46 AM

Apr 2008
IINM, he also have American comic parody in Ga-Rei (and American style effect fonts). The author just enjoy that kind of thing.
L-Ryoshi said:
then the young Professor X shows up with a proposition.
Will you come to my school for the young and gifted ?

Thought Hotokeda is Collossus because he hardens his body.
Aug 6, 2014 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
I just watched through from 1 till 4 I just can't murasaki's father seriously I mean he is from the movie 300 rolf ,but the series is great .
Aug 7, 2014 2:56 AM

Aug 2008
Peggy is all I care about. Needs more peggy then it would be 10/10. -IGN
Aug 8, 2014 9:53 PM

Jul 2008
The group is expanding now :) Finally we get some details on Minami and Kyoutarou's past :D
Aug 9, 2014 6:34 PM

Dec 2013
As soon as I saw that penguin go super saiyan I dropped this x)
Aug 10, 2014 4:05 PM

Nov 2013
Anon1409 said:
As soon as I saw that penguin go super saiyan I dropped this x)
Wut?
Aug 20, 2014 4:36 AM

Jan 2011
She was holding chopsticks but she saw the vision of the pig... this shit is terrible! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
Action feels meh, story feels generic and bland. So many inconsistencies too.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 21, 2014 1:02 AM

Jan 2014
Not bad.
Aug 24, 2014 8:49 AM

Dec 2008
Yeah. I'm crushing hard on papa too!

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 10, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2012
Oh man that ending was sweet :3
Sep 11, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2013
Rinka was badass in the beginning but they should have done something rather than just stand there.

Lol Peggy summons a shark and eats the freakin' fish out of someone.

Hmm, so the Black Samurai is Minami, a teleporter who saved Azuma when he was younger.
There's also the Red Samurai, an ally of Minami.

Lol, Rinka and Wolverine accepted Black Fist in their home like she didn't even burn their house or beat Rinka up.
And she falls for Wolverine!
Lol, Murasaki also starts living with Rinka.

Ah, the Professor from Episode 1 appears. What business does he bring today?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 5, 2014 11:03 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent development and quite a lovely ED I must say, quite touching! Let's see what's next though.
Feb 20, 2015 7:04 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kobushi went from beating the living lights out of Rinka to turning good and living with her lol. Well she's got game, falling for Rinka's dad lol.

Peggy having smoke come out it's mouth xD
The ring scene was very sweet.

I wonder if anyone is going to get any Speed power or Elastic power. I mean might as well go all the way.

Mar 7, 2015 5:56 AM
May 2014
Plot isn't... the best imo. I do like the humor and most of the main characters.

Plus: penguins!
Mar 8, 2015 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
Starting over! Narration not entirely without involvement, average pace, I could not express myself well because it is time that I had set aside for this TV series, the whole is enjoyable to follow anyway.
Texture that becomes interesting, already showing the first points of contact between the various events shown above, satisfactory.
Drawings and animations of good quality, perhaps a little ugly CG.
Cute characters and quite interesting.
Apr 24, 2015 10:02 AM

Jan 2012
Well that rescue was simpler than expected as red head defected and fell for Wolverine! :D Wonder how he reacted to learning she beat the tar out of his daughter last episode. As I thought teleport samurai was indeed teleport girl who shares a past with Azuma. From what we've seen of her I'm not a fan. Murasaki got a power and family issues, but that flashback was adorable at least. Perhaps most interestingly of all we see Peggy can in fact take back powers by eating fish...wonder what further use if any will come from that. Oh, and main villain incoming...
May 24, 2015 8:45 AM

Feb 2015
New mutants, Leech and Emma Frost's sister (forgot her name).

I don't understand how that giant came to be but something interesting is sure to happen in the next episode.
iDensityMay 24, 2015 9:34 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Revenant_ - Jul 18, 2014

183 by doliwaq »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.