Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 27, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that was surprisingly good. Loved all the all references to Milky Holmes.
Jul 27, 2015 11:07 PM

Dec 2014
For some reason, i wanted Shinichi to meet a tragic end. Just disappointed at the last few episodes, i guess.
Sep 1, 2015 9:10 AM

Nov 2013
This show would have been better if it was about teaching actual culture, not "otaku culture". I know that's sort of the main point, but they could have easily made a series with the same elements but for normal Japanese culture instead.
Sep 26, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2014
*After 34299 harem ecchi jokes*

"Nothing surprises me anymore."
Oct 15, 2015 1:00 AM

Dec 2008
Not too shabby. Fairly predictable, but I admit I would have been disappointed without a beach vacation episode considering the plot of this particular show. In the end litte was resolved as to the greater plots of the otherworld governments and the governments of earth at large, but oh well. Truly the parallel of Otaku culture being used to " invade" such a mythic world rings familiarly true with how its ingratiated itself into the west, especially here in America. BANZAI! lol ' MERICA! This show gets 6/10
Dec 7, 2015 6:36 PM
Aug 2015
Nice Ed, but something... normal

This was a great anime, with a lot of reference, jokes and other things, but the only thing that dislike me was the ending...

8/10
Mar 9, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2014
Meidos stopping bullets like Neo from Matrix. Sugoi!

Nice ending. I liked the show more than expected. Myucel is kawaii as hell! :3

Oh! And never trust politicians (or the G-Man).

Season 2 would be nice.
Apr 30, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
I like the show more than i tough i would, got two amazing girl out of it, Myucel and Petralka, a season 2 would be great, the manga seems to be still ongoing so as the other 3000 anime without a season 2, we can hope !
May 8, 2016 8:55 AM

Oct 2013
Finale was great, it could've been better if Shinichi really ends up with someone, but his confession to Myusel got interrupted by Elbia, such a bummer. Although i'm shipping Shinichi x Minori

Gotta love that loli expression at the end when Shinichi asked Petralka to read manga together.

Overall score 8/10, it's been a while since i watched good fantasy comedy series
Jun 22, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2012
Was about to rant about the damn flaws and stupid actions of the characters but then recalled that THIS ANIME IS A COMEDY PARODY!! my loss if I took it seriously Hahahahaha
Jul 5, 2016 9:06 AM

Mar 2015
All that Maid guards following Shin is hilaros XD

LOL at the Crime Edge Shin is carrying XD

Dayuuum!!!! Shin confession was cockblocked!!! Daaamnnn!!! (−_−;)

Good bye Outbreak Company. I shall read the Light novel instead since there is no S2 :(

3.8/5

Overall: 9/10
Jul 7, 2016 12:42 AM

Aug 2008
g8 stuff m8, i r8 an 8
oddly enough, didn't bother to pick up the anime until a couple of days ago since the synopsis felt like a generic harem. but you know what, cute girls (or humanoids) doing cute things is justice.
the two main heroines really drove my higher rating for this anime, where Myucel is obviously one of the best waifu characters i've seen and Petralka had a gradual character arc where you initially hated her to loving her.

ending was weak but interesting (cultural imperialism is something i rarely see as an object of discussion in anime in a non-philosphical way)

that being said, i initially finally picked up the anime to watch something mimori suzuko (voice actress for umi sonoda) mained in, after watching Yuki Yuna is a Hero (another gem anime that stars mimori suzuko). now i'm off to kamisama kiss with more mimori, and then afterwards probably some father-daughter anime - that first episode of amaama to inazuma really brought the feels
Aug 22, 2016 5:49 AM
Aug 2016
Loved the anime! I rate it a 10\10
Oct 30, 2016 5:17 AM
Oct 2016
I don't love this anime but I like it
Nov 16, 2016 9:25 PM

Nov 2013
Battle Maids ftw.

Also how She Wolf fought the soldiers was cool. Don't underestimate her!

How Shinichi convinced the guys back home was cool.

We almost got a confession, but unfortunately She Wolf disturbed them.

Nice finale, nice show.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 15, 2017 3:51 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm kind of that's it? They kind of getting to intense for the last 2 chapters out of nowhere, but understandable. Yet somehow they all returned status quo despite Shinichi getting almost killed twice.

Other than that, it was a blast. This anime has a lot of funny moments and my favorite one has got to be the swimsuit council. That was so intense yet in a ridiculous funny way. The ending is a bit intense but at the same time ridiculous in a not funny way. At least his harem is happy so that's fine. Although I doubt you can call this anime a harem with only 2 girls liking him. At best it's a love triangle genre.

Aug 27, 2017 8:02 AM
Mar 2014
Rewatched and still feeling empty after finished it...
still hoping for season 2 :))
Sep 22, 2017 2:35 AM

Apr 2012
Isn't anyone wondering how Minori managed to get away from the soldiers that cornered her? Also, what's the deal with the random attacks in the other places? To distract the guards from the burning school? I usually shut off my brain and just watch when it comes to these types of shows, but those things bugged the hell out of me.
Nov 5, 2017 5:49 AM
Oct 2016
Deliriant said:
Definitely deserves a second season.

D-Joe said:
Too bad the assassinate scene is butchered compared to LN

If the LN ever gets an official English release, I'll definitely buy it.

It got licensed by J-Novel CLub for Ebook format
Nov 15, 2017 5:23 PM

Mar 2014
Okay can anyone tell me how it ended in the light novel?
I NEED ANSWERS! Did the MC get the maid girl?!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 21, 2017 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
Good anime......7 out of 10
Feb 15, 2018 7:10 PM
Sep 2017
Traitors, send them to the gulags.
Feb 18, 2018 12:14 PM

Sep 2016
isekai done right, really good and enjoyable
8/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 25, 2018 12:23 PM
Jan 2018
HueyLion said:
Okay can anyone tell me how it ended in the light novel?
I NEED ANSWERS! Did the MC get the maid girl?!

In the end, did you recieve an answer for that? Am quite interested myself
Sep 22, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
This political crap was poorly done but good show overall.
6/10
yamenSep 22, 2018 10:36 AM
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Oct 16, 2018 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
Myucel is love, Myucel is life. She is more precious than diamonds. she is literally the personification of a woman described in Proverbs 33.

and 5 years later, still no season 2. I will miss Myucel.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 27, 2018 1:52 AM

Mar 2014
big fan of this anime, 8.5/10 overall, I'm hoping that the LN gets fully translated because at this point a sequel is highly unlikely
Nov 18, 2018 10:36 PM

May 2017
Need more main heroine maid like myucel, confess didnt work but they love each other 😀
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 6, 2019 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed this anime so much, wasn't expecting this it was so funny and entertaining definitely going to miss it, sadly no sequel, got to read the novel.
9/10 (+1 of Myucel waifu material there)
May 24, 2019 7:44 PM

Mar 2016
The conclusion and the social commentary in this show are so fucking bad. If the Japanese gov't recognized that the differences in their economies are too great, there is literally no benefit for them to continue to import otaku stuff under these new agreements because obviously whatever their currency is isn't what the higher-ups actually desire.

Still fairly entertaining, with some surprisingly well-timed comedy and clever gags. Characters are instantly forgettable though.

Ultimately, an example of an anime whose premise is way more interesting than what is actually done with it. The classroom scenes were fun, but vapid character relationships seemed to take priority. Best episode is probably the hikikomori episode.
Jun 7, 2019 7:49 PM
Jan 2017
I loved this anime. a definite 9/10.
My main problems with the show is the whole "take over" thing seem kinda forced since Elwood literally had no benefit to Japan. It was a nice surprise twist.
Also I kinda feel a lil ticked at how this potrayed the otaku culture. Like in Japan it can be a quite distracting to the point shut-ins are made. But I feel this anime kinda portrays it as: anyone who enjoys anime, manga and games will become lazy and neglect allll duties. which is a bad sterotype
Its kinda conflicting for me

Plus even though The empress, while her character was pretty well developed and hard working and alll i still find her soooo annoying
But I did LOOVE BROOK He was sooo hot.
The story was good though and I liked how it handled some of the otaku sterotypes. like how the empress became a shut in and Shinji basically showed her endless entertainment is meaningless w/ no real goals to strive for
Jun 23, 2019 8:14 AM
Jan 2017
the japan politician trying to take shinichi life with special agent but fail by ellite maid,
and trying again by burn the school and put shinichi inside the building but fail by his friends help, but at that moment ithink its over dramatic for me,,
and at last the problem is over by diplomatic way (maybe) by the facing polician with petralka and yeah its over with the condition to keep shinichi in eldant and break the link if shinichi missing from that place,,
yeah quite interesting ending,,
7/10
Jul 21, 2019 5:22 AM

Apr 2012
How dumb and idiotic to have the main guy risk his life and put his friends in mortal danger just for a stupid magazine? There was absolutely nothing of real value in that magazine except for being rare and yet main guy who is also aware that there's a freaking plot to kill him ignores that fact. Dumbest thing I've seen in a while. I was going to give it an 8 but after that horrible writing a 7 will suffice.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 30, 2019 6:23 PM

Aug 2018
Was fairly good albeit generic. Sadly the last couple of episodes were setting up for more seasons that will never come.
Jan 2, 2020 10:22 PM
Apr 2017
I cant believe more people don't comment about how stupid Shinichi was in these last 2 episodes. He is upset that Japan actually wants some benefit from all the effort they did to import Otaku culture?? Like as soon as they explained the premise at the start I assumed that Japan was going to get natural resources as a trade for entertainment culture. I dont see the 'evil' aspect.
As for the "artificial limitation" to make the demand stronger, what does he think that limited edition book is? It makes demand for it stronger by being a rare item, the company could easily print more but they don't so that that and future items are worth more because there is a strong demand. Why does he love that, but hate it when Japan does it.
Also, no one from Elbia ever comments that the Japanese are bad for doing this before or after, they only defend the MC when he gets attacked by a very understandably upset Japan having their profits eliminated.
Jan 10, 2020 5:13 AM

Oct 2019
This anime was surprisingly fun to watch. I expected a few gags here and there to keep my mind off things and was surprised, that I laughed out loud at least once per episode (at least until episode 11).
The plot was nothing to write home about, but the characters (mainly the Lead & his reactions to stuff, the ruler and the maid) made the show for me.

The political stuff was really weird, because even I could see, that there would have been easier solutions to the whole black and white thing at the end. For some reason nobdoy thought a second about the fact, that they could just make a deal, instead of trying to shady stuff in the backround but oh well, it never claimed to be a super smart political show.

Overall, minus the political side of the story it was a very fun and charming show to watch, 8/10

Seeing how much of the source has not been adapted I am quite sad, that it never got a second season. But the fact, that I never heard from this show up until a few weeks ago I can guess, that this one flew under the radar for a lot of people. Probably because it tried to do two things at the same time instead of focusing on one (preferably the otakuisation of the nation in a funny way - like they did with the BL-knight)
Jan 24, 2020 1:11 AM

Dec 2014
Didn't expected the show to get more serious(reminded me of Avatar) towards the end. Was now hoping the main character to show interest and motivate others in learning the Eldant language after being made realized of the true goal of the government.
Enjoyed the show.

Jan 28, 2020 8:40 PM

Nov 2019
syncrogazer said:
The conclusion and the social commentary in this show are so fucking bad. If the Japanese gov't recognized that the differences in their economies are too great, there is literally no benefit for them to continue to import otaku stuff under these new agreements because obviously whatever their currency is isn't what the higher-ups actually desire.

Still fairly entertaining, with some surprisingly well-timed comedy and clever gags. Characters are instantly forgettable though.

Ultimately, an example of an anime whose premise is way more interesting than what is actually done with it. The classroom scenes were fun, but vapid character relationships seemed to take priority. Best episode is probably the hikikomori episode.

minori explains that they had mineral deposits and rare metals that would be up for grabs once theyve been conquered. so they did have something just as valuable as currency the japanese govt could benefit from.
Mar 30, 2020 1:10 AM

Aug 2019
What can I say? I really enjoyed this anime, like I had such a fun time with every episode.

I found out I have a thing for harem anime, I really love them. This anime isn't a masterpiece but it made me happy. Sometimes you just wanna watch some cliche harem anime you know? The comedy too man, it was on point.

I'm trully gonna miss this show.
Apr 18, 2021 2:13 PM

Nov 2016
Last two episodes were a bit off with the tone shift and it ended anticlimatic, but I enjoyed Outbreak Company a lot overall.

Definitely more my cup of to compared to power fantasy isekai with OP MC and video game mechanics. That doesn't mean that there wasn't and pandering here. Average guy gets to shine with his Otaku knowledge, harem elements etc.

7/10

Rip S2

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 27, 2021 11:43 AM

May 2020
Full of fun ride, I like how these maid can work together and always following Kanou everyday lel. Myucel still a good one, typical of kanojo. Minori still gitgut for me, so far she is the best in here. Japanese can't make it to contol Eldant since they know the motive. Kanou was save but which missing is where the magazine? maybe it's burned rip. So far good show.
Dec 6, 2021 10:03 PM

Aug 2018
Thank god it's over, LOL. I dunno what possessed me to watch this through to the end. It started off mediocre and became much worse at the halfway point. 4/10
Jan 4, 2022 6:35 AM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime!!! Greninja. X-ray sensitive ccds
Mar 17, 2022 1:38 PM

Apr 2013
Weird that they would still work together with Japan after being betrayed twice, if I was the king I'd cut all ties.

The first 10 episodes certainly exceeded my expectations for this show. Great characters, bit of a weird story and nice comedy scenes. The last two episodes were really not that great though with the weird "cultural victory" plot like someone was playing too much Civilization. Before watching episode 11 I actually though of bumping up the score a bit, but with an ending like this it stays at 8/10.
Apr 4, 2022 7:47 AM

Dec 2020
While probably the more beneficial and better outcome to continue working together. All the attempted assassinations, betrayals, and true motives uncovered, all resulted in them getting a slap on the wrist. They got off a lil too easy.
Sep 16, 2022 8:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty fun show, overall.

I'd been meaning to watch the show for a while, and I've successfully become a greater degenerate now. Yay, xD. Kanou turned out to be a pretty fun MC and I'd similar impressions of the other characters too, but they nearly all turned positive towards the end.

Dang it, almost a confession too. I'm on the Minori team but Myucel is too precious...

Looks like the kid's have taken over Kanou's level of Japanese, lmao. Even the Princess has nailed her Japanese impression now, and the Japanese Govt. had to yield partly as a result. Putting his life on the line for a special October magazine issue though, hat's off to the mad lad. Not everyone can do that, xD.

Solid 7/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 1, 2023 4:22 AM

Sep 2018
Very funny, one of the most amusing Isekai anime I have seen, aided by the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously. The parody elements are top notch as well. MC has no chill lol

A more laidback version of Gate, the JSDF are setting up and executing plans in a new world, only difference is the neet MC in this one. More otaku pandering obviously.

Memorable, quality character designs and matching VAs, an entertaining anime overall.

Final two episodes were easily the worst, shitty melodrama tonal shift which felt unnecessary. 8/10 overall.
Dec 10, 2023 6:52 AM

Nov 2023
Damn nice, looks like maids ended with this
Jan 10, 7:26 PM

Oct 2022
War avoided, war avoided, phew. Good ending, albeit I would love it if there was a bit more romance like a kiss or confession but alas we were blueballed.

Jan 12, 12:49 AM

Mar 2013
Wonderful ending.
Unfortunately, we didn't get any sequels.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

129 by thelastavocado »»
May 10, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Oct 3, 2013

192 by Apratim »»
May 3, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

168 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

131 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

111 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.