Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2014 9:46 AM

Dec 2013
Goliath11 said:
http://www.nosub.tv/watch/90869.html but what about this ?

Animating and getting a VA for Ophis makes you a little more optimistic for a third season.
Feb 11, 2014 10:16 AM
Feb 2014
Hope :))
Feb 11, 2014 12:20 PM
Feb 2014
But i have a question... last ep from season 2 issei absorbed white dragon force, after doing that his own dragon said that he lost a big portion of his life, even , as demon , the life is eternal... what should we understand?
Feb 11, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
Goliath11 said:
But i have a question... last ep from season 2 issei absorbed white dragon force, after doing that his own dragon said that he lost a big portion of his life, even , as demon , the life is eternal... what should we understand?

Devils don't have an eternal lifespan, just a very long one.
Feb 12, 2014 4:19 AM

Jun 2013
I don't how reliable the life span thing is. I can't imagine there have actually been devils who died of old age, I think its more of they live forever unless they die in battle ala the norse. And I take the whole Issei losing life span as being more of a chronic injury that becomes fatal over time.

I mean they said devils live 10,000 years but like I said thats probably just a way to say they live indefinitely but are not outright immortal.

Although given the events ln 12, even if devils had life spans, Issei should now no longer have a lifespan due to becoming a...................
Feb 12, 2014 5:20 AM

Aug 2013
krownklown said:
I don't how reliable the life span thing is. I can't imagine there have actually been devils who died of old age, I think its more of they live forever unless they die in battle ala the norse. And I take the whole Issei losing life span as being more of a chronic injury that becomes fatal over time.

I mean they said devils live 10,000 years but like I said thats probably just a way to say they live indefinitely but are not outright immortal.

Although given the events ln 12, even if devils had life spans, Issei should now no longer have a lifespan due to becoming a...................

Feb 12, 2014 5:35 AM
Feb 2014
Or maybe is just a stupid thing to say.. like in one piece when the warden beat luffy and the okama king saved his life... taking a pardt of life span. I want to belive that is just something to fill the story, and that will never affect it directly
Feb 12, 2014 5:57 AM

Feb 2014
Issei's lifespan is likely a very long one, though I doubt it will ever come into play. I mean, has it even been a year in-universe since Issei got turned into a devil?
Feb 12, 2014 6:36 AM

Dec 2013
RedHazard said:
Issei's lifespan is likely a very long one, though I doubt it will ever come into play. I mean, has it even been a year in-universe since Issei got turned into a devil?

It hasn't, but they're about to get to the start of the final semester of the school year.
Feb 12, 2014 6:29 PM

Jun 2013
I think it was just thrown in to show the extent of the his injury. I mean by saying he went from 10,000 years to 100, even if the numbers are made up and the upper limit is indefinite, at least we get a mental picture that it was very severe even by devil standards.
Feb 12, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Every time I come back to check in on this topic I get my hopes up thinking "Maybe they announced the third season!!!" why must I do this to myself. In all seriousness though, I just can't replicate this anime. I've tried a couple other harems but man this one does it damn well. No series can re-creates Akeno...I've been trying to find one that has lol
Feb 12, 2014 7:59 PM

Dec 2013
krownklown said:
I think it was just thrown in to show the extent of the his injury. I mean by saying he went from 10,000 years to 100, even if the numbers are made up and the upper limit is indefinite, at least we get a mental picture that it was very severe even by devil standards.

That's definitely what it seemed like, just to try and give some of his actions a bit more of an impact. Of course something like that on a much larger scale would happen in a third season, but that's for hopefully future threads.
Feb 13, 2014 4:15 AM

Jun 2013
Dofy said:
Every time I come back to check in on this topic I get my hopes up thinking "Maybe they announced the third season!!!" why must I do this to myself. In all seriousness though, I just can't replicate this anime. I've tried a couple other harems but man this one does it damn well. No series can re-creates Akeno...I've been trying to find one that has lol

I love Dxd, and it probably gets the edge behind Tenchi and Ranma/UY as my 3rd favorite harem. That said To Love Ru, Date A live, Heaven's Lost Property, Seikeri, Nyaurko Crawlling Chaos ,Zombie Desu, Hentai Prince, I thought were all good. Personally I also thought IS season 1 was good, but eh, season 2 hurt. Actually its been a decent few years of harems.

Oh snap I forgot about Campione, I would say that is as close as it gets to DxD.

Plus don't forget we are getting a handful of LN adaptations including Irregular at the High School, I think Vandalis Ou, and a few others.
krownklownFeb 13, 2014 6:09 AM
Feb 13, 2014 10:09 AM
Jan 2014
krownklown said:
Dofy said:
NeoAnkara said:
Dofy said:
I sincerely hope there will be a season 3 although from reading most of the posts on here, and elsewhere it seems as though it's very likely due to high sales and popularity. This is the anime that got me hooked on a GOOD harem. Good enough romance to keep it relevant, the main character is hilarious (Dress break!) and not useless like Tsukune in Rosario+Vampire (although I dropped it after episode 5 so I don;t know if he got better). Anyway, although there is tons of "oppai" and extremely good looking girls *cough* Akeno and Rias *cough* the plot is enough so it doesn't drag and keep the exact same formula every episode. So here's hoping to a season 3, I'm hooked and need my fix of Akeno's ara ara.
You must be haven't read R+V manga don't you?

Nope, I haven't touched the manga at all. I actually liked the first two episodes of the show to be honest but the formula for the next two were the exact same as the previous 2. I also heard it doesn't change this formula for the rest of the season so I dropped it. However, if Tsukune finally grows a spine and stops blaming his own ineptitude then I'll definitely revive my interest as I do like the concept in general.

The anime RV was a bastardization.

That said RV overall I would rate well below DxD, once it got to the fairy tail arc and moved away from the school setting the series dropped in quality, and especially the ALucard thing.

And you know what, we still never saw Moka's father. What the junk?

This is why I'd recommend reading the manga. It is infinitely better and it actually rivals HS DxD because the relationship between Tsukune and Moka only gets better after each chapter. Right now, the manga is coming to a close but after watching the Anime, I can guarantee you will become addicted to the manga because it is irresistible.
Feb 13, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
krownklown said:
Dofy said:

I love Dxd, and it probably gets the edge behind Tenchi and Ranma/UY as my 3rd favorite harem. That said To Love Ru, Date A live, Heaven's Lost Property, Seikeri, Nyaurko Crawlling Chaos ,Zombie Desu, Hentai Prince, I thought were all good. Personally I also thought IS season 1 was good, but eh, season 2 hurt. Actually its been a decent few years of harems.

Oh snap I forgot about Campione, I would say that is as close as it gets to DxD.

Plus don't forget we are getting a handful of LN adaptations including Irregular at the High School, I think Vandalis Ou, and a few others.

Ya i really liked Sekirei, I even enjoyed the first season of Maken-Ki but I haven't seen or looked into to love-RU or tenchi so I have to check those out. I've been meaning to get into Infinite Stratos a go as well, I just like a good harem mixed in with the other shows I watch cause straight drama and action get overwhelming for me if that's all I watch, I need the change of pace a good harem gives.

Also I'm definitely going to watch Date A Live probably right before the second season comes out, and Campione if it's like DxD I'm game. I just loved Akeno's voice actress (Itou Shizuka) but I find it very hard to replicate that.
Feb 13, 2014 5:18 PM

Jun 2013
Dofy said:
krownklown said:
Dofy said:

Ya i really liked Sekirei, I even enjoyed the first season of Maken-Ki but I haven't seen or looked into to love-RU or tenchi so I have to check those out. I've been meaning to get into Infinite Stratos a go as well, I just like a good harem mixed in with the other shows I watch cause straight drama and action get overwhelming for me if that's all I watch, I need the change of pace a good harem gives.

Also I'm definitely going to watch Date A Live probably right before the second season comes out, and Campione if it's like DxD I'm game. I just loved Akeno's voice actress (Itou Shizuka) but I find it very hard to replicate that.

First @Cofich, I personally never liked outer moka and laughed my behind off with the big reveal in the ending, talk about awkward; that said it was a great harem work and I would like to see a epilogue where Tsukene mans up and marries all the girls.

@Dofy

Maken Ki is one that I also personally like, haven't checked out season 2 yet though

Tenchi, specificially the canon part, aka Muyo which includes ova 1-3, gxp, and geminar is bar none my favorite anime work, and even the spinoffs universe and tokyo are decent.

To love ru is another one that I would think you would like based on your comments, though I will say the MC is not a fighter unlike in all the others, so that might upset some folks

The first season of IS is pretty good as is the LN, its unfortunate that they lowered the quality in season two, but lets not kid ourselves the series features Charl, Laura, and Tatenashi, 3 of the best harem girls. Plus at least the first season has decent mech fights, and the end of season 2 has a few as well.

Also def. check out date a live and campione when you get a chance. I already but the campione blu ray and am waiting for date a live to get a release.

Also if you liked Maken Ki - Rouge Hero'es Aesthica is another guilty pleasure. ;)
Feb 14, 2014 2:45 PM

Jan 2014
krownklown said:
Dofy said:
krownklown said:
Dofy said:

First @Cofich, I personally never liked outer moka and laughed my behind off with the big reveal in the ending, talk about awkward; that said it was a great harem work and I would like to see a epilogue where Tsukene mans up and marries all the girls.

@Dofy

Maken Ki is one that I also personally like, haven't checked out season 2 yet though

Tenchi, specificially the canon part, aka Muyo which includes ova 1-3, gxp, and geminar is bar none my favorite anime work, and even the spinoffs universe and tokyo are decent.

To love ru is another one that I would think you would like based on your comments, though I will say the MC is not a fighter unlike in all the others, so that might upset some folks

The first season of IS is pretty good as is the LN, its unfortunate that they lowered the quality in season two, but lets not kid ourselves the series features Charl, Laura, and Tatenashi, 3 of the best harem girls. Plus at least the first season has decent mech fights, and the end of season 2 has a few as well.

Also def. check out date a live and campione when you get a chance. I already but the campione blu ray and am waiting for date a live to get a release.

Also if you liked Maken Ki - Rouge Hero'es Aesthica is another guilty pleasure. ;)

I'm definitely using these suggestions cause I'm need of a good harem. As for Maken-Ki two, it's definitely different than the first season, there isn't a whole lot of story or fights really. So far it's more of Takeru getting into messes where the girls catch him him but I still find it good enough to watch.

Right now I've narrowed it down between Aesthetica, Infinite Stratos, and campione...I also like how TO love RU has lots of episodes. Thanks again
Feb 15, 2014 11:31 AM
Oct 2013
We're getting more specials? http://myanimelist.net/anime/22691

I only found those through MalGraph. Can't seem to bring them up through New's page or the search bar.
Feb 15, 2014 2:34 PM

Mar 2013
Storm101 said:

I only found those through MalGraph. Can't seem to bring them up through New's page or the search bar.

Already out, just 6 minute extra with each dvd.

Feb 15, 2014 5:02 PM

Dec 2013
Storm101 said:

It's like Newhopes said, this time around it's three extra minutes that are woven through each episode (six minutes for each volume) instead of being their own little standalone like with the first season. Most of it is fanservice, but there's also a couple scenes where are fights are extended and such.
Feb 16, 2014 9:00 AM
Feb 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtRNj8mxKZ0 and you can get the other episodes from related.... these are Highschool DXD new specials
Feb 20, 2014 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
hope for Season 3 ASAP :P

Goliath11 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtRNj8mxKZ0 and you can get the other episodes from related.... these are Highschool DXD new specials

can i watch them in eng subb somewhere?
Zapraszam POLSKOJĘZYCZNYCH - www.payhip.com/KacperAlgierskiTalesPL
K A T - Legenda Zza Światów - wstęp:
W dawnych czasach, które już niemal całkowicie przeminęły, magia i posługujące się nią istoty,
a także zaklęte stwory i złowrogie, nieokiełznane bestie
zamieszkiwały Zza Światy, pomiędzy którymi można było odbywać podróże.
Wiedza na ten temat była jednak przekazywana wyłącznie nielicznym wybrańcom.
Wielcy bohaterzy musieli stawać do walki ze złem, w obronie dobra,
by przezwyciężyć zagrażające równowadze mroczne widmo ciemności i chaosu
i zaprowadzić niezbędny wszem wobec praworządny ład i porządek.
Oto legenda jednego z nich…
Feb 20, 2014 8:35 AM

Aug 2013
kcp_snag said:
hope for Season 3 ASAP :P

Goliath11 said:

can i watch them in eng subb somewhere?

FFFansubs and SubDesu both have the first volume (DxD New episode 1 and 2's extra 3 minutes of content) subbed, but the rest haven't been subbed yet.
Feb 20, 2014 10:54 PM

Sep 2013
Oh someone please tell me we'll get more. This damn show got stupidly epic and I LIKED THAT!
Feb 20, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
Omegadark said:
jaxjaxk said:
I'm not 100% sure but there should be enough plot for another season. considering how popular and profitable the series is i would not be surprised if they not only had a 3rd season but a 4th season. of coarse what will most likely happen is an ova after the second season ending with "to be continued". so i would guess some time in late 2014 or early 2015. we just have to wait for an ova to come out stating the current standings of a 3rd season. i cant get enough of this anime for many reasons. to list the top ones in no order.
1) they made a decent perverted character.
2)the protagonist can lose
3) has plot and comedy and romance without interfering with each other horribly.
4)i always love anime with biblical l/historical references.
5)no dull moments.

Yea we're at volumes 4 out of 12 in the anime, so tons left to adapt.

Best possible news to hear! Thank you so much for that info!!!
Feb 20, 2014 10:59 PM
Feb 2014
I'm excited with upcoming season 3... wishing to see more romantic scenes this tme
Feb 21, 2014 3:24 AM

Mar 2013
Old_Raven said:
Omegadark said:
jaxjaxk said:
I'm not 100% sure but there should be enough plot for another season. considering how popular and profitable the series is i would not be surprised if they not only had a 3rd season but a 4th season. of coarse what will most likely happen is an ova after the second season ending with "to be continued". so i would guess some time in late 2014 or early 2015. we just have to wait for an ova to come out stating the current standings of a 3rd season. i cant get enough of this anime for many reasons. to list the top ones in no order.
3) has plot and comedy and romance without interfering with each other horribly.
5)no dull moments.

There's actually 17 light novel volumes, 17th was released yesterday.

If they kept to the same pace there's enough material for another 6 anime seasons, If you think DXD has been good just wait until VOL 6 is adapted thats when things really kick off and goes epic mode.
NewhopesFeb 21, 2014 3:45 AM

Feb 21, 2014 3:31 AM

Mar 2012
Newhopes said:
Old_Raven said:
Omegadark said:
jaxjaxk said:
5)no dull moments.

There's actually 17 light novel volumes, 17th was released yesterday.

If they kept to the same pace there's enough material for another 6 anime seasons, If you think DXD has been good just wait until VOL 6 is adepted thats when things really kick off and goes epic mode.
Not to mention the epicness of the duel in volume 10.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 21, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
I guess i'll check these Novels out...
How is the Anime coverage in Manga btw? Is there more Manga than Anime? Or only Novels are further?
W dawnych czasach, które już niemal całkowicie przeminęły, magia i posługujące się nią istoty,
Feb 21, 2014 10:43 AM

Mar 2012
kcp_snag said:
I guess i'll check these Novels out...
How is the Anime coverage in Manga btw? Is there more Manga than Anime? Or only Novels are further?
We are still at volume 3 of the LN in manga. And of course since LN is the source material here it is really far from the manga and anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 22, 2014 9:50 PM

Jan 2014
its kinda weird to switch to the novels, but i guess its worth it, so ill give it a try ;) thanks for info
Feb 23, 2014 5:53 AM

Jun 2013
I was never a light novel guy, but at the end of the day, I honestly find them better than manga. I still prefer and hold anime to be the zenith of what is possible in the anime/manga/vn/ln, but LNs provide so much information that they render manga almost moot.

I mean the one argument in favor of manga over anime is additional content and story that is in manga but not anime, but LNs bring shame to manga in that area. And then if you argue well manga has pictures, well anime brings it shame in that field.
krownklownFeb 23, 2014 5:12 PM
Feb 23, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
so what do You mean is that the LNs are expanded pretty much the same as manga when is comes to content?
Feb 23, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2013
The manga isn't worth reading. Its behind even the anime so just read the LN if you want to see what happens and watch the anime to see that cool shit animated.
Feb 23, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2014
So clearly we all agree on this forum that there will definitly be an season 3 right?
And i hope to see season 3 in 24 episodes,by that i mean more story and more comedy please,is that to much to ask?
Feb 23, 2014 3:47 PM

Aug 2013
MrEpicMichael said:
So clearly we all agree on this forum that there will definitly be an season 3 right?
And i hope to see season 3 in 24 episodes,by that i mean more story and more comedy please,is that to much to ask?

Honestly it's not, considering DxD's overwhelming overall success (LN, manga and anime) and Volumes 5 & 6 will probably need 24 episodes to be animated perfectly.

About the LNs / manga.. The light novels are much better IMO, they're more in-depth and are much farther than either adaptation. Plus, it's the source material and it's, simply put, amazing.
Feb 23, 2014 5:15 PM

Jun 2013
kcp_snag said:
so what do You mean is that the LNs are expanded pretty much the same as manga when is comes to content?

I am saying at the end of the day anime is the highest theoretical form of a manga or light novel. Unfortunately due to the nature the industry, ie sales, you will never get the full details that you can find in a manga. That is why there has always been the argument that manga format is better than anime. But I would counter that point by saying if additional details and information is your goal, you might as well skip manga and go straight to light novels. The detail in there is amazing.

But especially with something like DxD, there really is no point to the manga.
Feb 23, 2014 7:57 PM

Jul 2013
Only reason to read the manga is if you can't read Japanese and want some form of print media to enjoy since the LN will likely never be sold in english (The english manga release begins in may).
Feb 23, 2014 9:01 PM

Mar 2013
Aerensianic said:
Only reason to read the manga is if you can't read Japanese and want some form of print media to enjoy since the LN will likely never be sold in english (The english manga release begins in may).

Frist LN is getting a English release in may.

Feb 23, 2014 9:06 PM

Sep 2012
Newhopes said:
Aerensianic said:

Frist LN is getting a English release in may.
The Light Novel hasn't been licensed in the U.S. Only the manga has been licensed by Yen Press.
Feb 23, 2014 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
Yea I was not aware of High school DxD being licensed.
Feb 24, 2014 5:05 AM

Mar 2012
krownklown said:
This might be a bad news if the translation stop.
Feb 24, 2014 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
I'd say a season 3 is highly likely but I guess I'll just wait until there is a formal announcement before jumping to conclusions.

Overall if you do follow and read the light novels, you very well know that the early chapters of DxD aren't even really considered the best of what the series has to offer. The upcoming ones are where the DxD series really takes off and cements itself. I'm definitely looking forward to see how they will animate the next few volumes for Season 3 (if there is one).

And to just re-iterate what some have already said, I'd really not waste my time on the manga adaptation.
Work in progress...
Feb 24, 2014 5:49 AM

Jan 2014
I agree with all of you about the manga but i think that the only good reason to read it is to enjoy what happened in season 1 and 2 .......but its realy behind in story.......so it deppends on the person if you want to read it then read it.And maybe they want to catch up with the manga in the story and then start with season 3?But i still think that the manga is nothing compared to the LN (by that i compared volumes 1,2 and 3 from the LN and the manga).
Feb 24, 2014 8:38 AM

Aug 2013
MrEpicMichael said:
I agree with all of you about the manga but i think that the only good reason to read it is to enjoy what happened in season 1 and 2 .......but its realy behind in story.......so it deppends on the person if you want to read it then read it.And maybe they want to catch up with the manga in the story and then start with season 3?But i still think that the manga is nothing compared to the LN (by that i compared volumes 1,2 and 3 from the LN and the manga).

I doubt the anime would wait for the manga to catch up before announcing season 3; both adaptations are done by different studios/people after all. Plus there's no real point in doing that; if season 3 is ready to be announced, no doubt they're gonna announce it.

NeoAnkara said:
krownklown said:
This might be a bad news if the translation stop.

Luckily only the manga has been licensed (aside from the anime, but the dub is horrible imo), so LN translations will continue. Hopefully the LNs will never be licensed in the US. I don't see it happening anyway, especially because it could be considered too ecchi for American publication. (Are LNs even popular here in America?)
Gary29Feb 24, 2014 8:42 AM
Feb 24, 2014 9:01 AM

Jan 2014
krownklown said:
kcp_snag said:

I am saying at the end of the day anime is the highest theoretical form of a manga or light novel. Unfortunately due to the nature the industry, ie sales, you will never get the full details that you can find in a manga. That is why there has always been the argument that manga format is better than anime. But I would counter that point by saying if additional details and information is your goal, you might as well skip manga and go straight to light novels. The detail in there is amazing.

yap, if manga is out of the question in this case, then sure i guess i will. Too bad manga is than far behind... anyway, only way to get more story is to read LN's, so thats what im gonna do. thanks

btw. i can find the LN's on baka-tsuki right?
kcp_snagFeb 24, 2014 9:05 AM
Feb 24, 2014 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
kcp_snag said:
krownklown said:
kcp_snag said:

yap, if manga is out of the question in this case, then sure i guess i will. Too bad manga is than far behind... anyway, only way to get more story is to read LN's, so thats what im gonna do. thanks

Yes. You can also find the latest translations at Code-Zero's blog before they're uploaded to B-T.

http://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.com/
Feb 24, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2014
Gary29 said:
kcp_snag said:
krownklown said:
kcp_snag said:

Yes. You can also find the latest translations at Code-Zero's blog before they're uploaded to B-T.

http://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.com/

thanks!

btw. its kinda weird to switch to this "first-person view"
kcp_snagFeb 24, 2014 9:35 AM
Feb 24, 2014 9:56 AM

Jan 2014
But i still think that the anime will for sure get aired this year hopefully during summer or fall.
Feb 24, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2013
As much as I would love to have the DxD novels sitting on my shelf in English, I would rather also hope it does not get licensed. I just have to look at Hidan no Aria and see what a disaster it would be.

First we would only get a digital version.
2nd They would start back at volume one, even with series that are translated through ten plus volumes. It might be years, if it even lasts, before they would catch up.
3rd They would not be able to hit any kind of sustained sales so its almost a guarantee that even a LN like DxD would get canned after a few volumes.
4th Unlike manga, baka tsuki is about it for LN translations and once its licensed its gone.
5th Because of a combination of 3 and 4, some of these works could be lost forever to the English language.

Im content to buy the Japanese LNs to support the author, but would rather not see a trend to licenses.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

124 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 10:02 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.