Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 17, 5:33 AM

Dec 2022
This feels like watching a first episode of any Kamen Rider series. Many terms that we have no idea of were dropped for the first time. Then we see people transform to their more powerful forms.
Jan 17, 6:10 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay i just read the bio and now i understand it. Was okay but not the greatest. The visuals are top level (bones doing bones things). Maybe it will get better!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 17, 7:32 PM

Nov 2022
They should have given us more info on the world and whats going on but regardless this looks promising.
Jan 19, 7:22 AM

Jun 2020
I expected better they just give too many information in very short time and didn’t explain any of them?I fell like things was just happening
Jan 19, 8:39 AM

May 2020
The synopsis tells more about this show than this first episode did. Something, something... and I guess something happened, and the rest is upto viewers' imagination.

At least try to tell the bare minimum, even if it's the first episode, I mean nobody's asking for detailed or thorough explanations but still lol. 

Though anyways, I trust Bones. Hopefully we'd see better than this going forward.
Jan 19, 4:56 PM

Mar 2021
Really good start, I like this !
Like the ambiance, music, characters
Awesome animation and its not some ugly 3D mechas this time x)

I feel like there's gonna be a lot of humans/robots debate and theme
Its gonna be a good one ~
Jan 20, 3:13 AM

Dec 2018
Basically cyberpunk Great Gatsby lol (not that it's a bad thing). One thing I don't like is this trend to this new animation style it's very visually abrassive because it feels choppy in that the frames are just, idk, clunky feeling.

sorry for the repeat posts; it kept telling me there was errors posting and to try again :/
i thought generally it was really well done.
StateofOhayoJan 20, 3:30 AM
Jan 20, 3:55 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to fathandz
Nice start. Appealing art and animation carry this, our main girls are more attractive on looks rather than personality so far. I'm sure there will be some compelling reason why they are hunting these special neans, since so far Viola was presented far more sympathetically than our protagonists (bold choice for the anime).
@fathandz from what i gathered they are giving artifical drugs to these "neans" which they then restrict from them under penalty of withrawal that leads to death. I feel bad for Viola because she was kind of forced into it but it's not like she wasn't getting mad perquisites from it. can't say much for either side's ethics other than obviously the criminals are bad but holy cow they don't have to kill them on the street. then again maybe they do because with enhanced bodies like that they could just mech transform their way out of a jail cell.
Jan 21, 11:09 AM
Jan 2024
i liked the 1st ep...
better than all the isekai variants weve seen 200 times already..
besides overlord.. that one is 10/10 ofc
Jan 23, 8:28 PM
Dec 2022
soo the nectar concept is cool, but like if its a "fortune" and the neans need em daily why did brodie only have one i mean like they should know greedy humans r gonna wanna take em especially if its a super high for us. also how do neans obtain enough to go on for say a year if they need em daily to live and they cost a fortune? maybe im overthinking it n its not too difficult to obtain. anyways what is a lil confusing tho is her being red gladiator n like why she's hunting down these immortal nines, but im sure that clears up tho later on in the story.. hopefully.. other then that the animation is awesome and the voice acting was perfect.. i love the cyberpunk vibes and music seemed to fit so far
Jan 25, 4:07 PM

Apr 2017
I get the feeling this is going to suck. I hope I am wrong.
Awoo :3
Jan 28, 2:55 PM

Dec 2021
Wasn't really planning to watch this, you know, since mecha isn't my thing, and I've got a personal grudge against Bones. But my friend insisted, so here I am, giving it a shot.

To no one's surprise, the music and animation are actually pretty amazing. It's making me think, why can't MHA get a piece of this action? Bones, you never fail to surprise me. The start is decent; characters are kind of meh, but the world's got my curiosity. On to the next episode...

Jan 28, 5:10 PM

Nov 2023
I really liked this episode, everything about it was top notch.

The visuals, music, the world building were really good.

I don't know much about the story except the basics but I believe it'll be built upon in the next episodes.
Jan 29, 7:23 PM

Oct 2022
This tried too hard to play 80s Cyberpunk with its Replicants *cough* Boomers *cough* Naeans and the big flashy looking city and oh look, the androids do menial work for everyone and are treated like garbage (because that idea wasn't around like FORTY years ago), oh look there's a cute girl and she likes chocolate (how cute) oh and look a cool badass guy with purple glasses who acts arrogant... doesn't he look exactly like a character from another anime? Loads of exposition- this anime plays exactly like most modern video games so we get 'world building'- tons of terms thrown around. Terms for every single thing. Naeans, nectar, "You're the Red Gladiator!", "she might be part of The Immortal Nine!" in place of actual story.
All the female androids have this glowing pattern that shows on them when they take a hit of the drug. That's nice. But then there's an Ultimate Battle between the fabulous woman singer and the cute girl mc suited up in their Mecha-I-mean-hardsuits.. (what are they called in this?) and they start shouting at each other like they knew each other for ages... but the whole fight feels like NOTHING to me because I haven't got anything invested in these characters. The outcome of the fight doesn't matter, we have no idea who these characters are or why they're fighting- apart from the constant exposition with them shouting all the reasons- which uses so many terms and names for events that also mean nothing to us.
It's 15 minutes into the very beginning of this thing, so showing deaths do not have the emotional impact the show wants it to have because they're in such a hurry and I have no idea who anyone really is or why they matter.

It's just the first episode and this is different enough from all the other mass produced trash that's streaming these days to give it a few more episodes but I don't know. It feels like it's rushed, and if everything that happens in it is built upon events that in the beginning we didn't even see and have no connection to, then it'll feel just as hollow as the first episode did. It looks great but has no soul.
SuperAdventureJan 29, 7:29 PM
Feb 2, 7:45 AM
Jan 2023
its reminds me darling in the franxx
Feb 8, 12:42 PM

Feb 2012
We got the Bladerunner Bubblegum Crisis setting
Is Giallon related to Vash and Knives?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 11, 8:34 AM
Oct 2016
With mars gravity being a third of earth, they move as if they're on earth
Feb 11, 2:00 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Visually impressive, everything else was subpar. It's definitely trying to emulate Blade Runner with the long shots, synth music, and overall atmosphere. You even have replicants.

But as for the plot, it really made no sense to me. Things were poorly explained, characters were mentioned that we have no context for, the pacing was weird, and the dialogue in some places was even weirder. Why exactly were they going after this singer? Who are the two people who apparently were killed?

Kind of a shame given how good this looked.
Feb 11, 11:32 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Seems like it might be fun to keep up with. I do kinda sorta like the vibe this anime gives. Onward.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 14, 5:28 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Enjoying this first episode a lot, all those cyberpunk vibes, Rouge has potential as MC, and I don't mind I m getting some Lycorys vibes from this.
The OP at the end is very good, and I also enjoyed the ED (on episode 2), budget was definitely not a problem with Bones here.
Feb 17, 8:25 AM
Aug 2013
This would be so much better if it had a decent soundtrack. Or just... More sound, actually.
Feb 18, 1:51 PM
Jun 2014
Reply to Aurakin
This would be so much better if it had a decent soundtrack. Or just... More sound, actually.
@Aurakin Its more really if they used the soundtrack that they have more effectively
Feb 25, 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
Kinda reminds me of detroit becomes human just from the setting, though its a bit confusing, hope its worth my run on it so far. The hype was really high for it
Feb 29, 12:31 AM
Feb 2021
eh Idk that was kinda boring, nothing was explained, like why the girl eats only chocolate, are everyone in their world cyborgs, and what exactly those "nectars" do, yeah you don't have to explain everything right away but you gotta give at least a single explanation, the world looks midly interesting but that's just cuz of the vague cyberpunk aesthetic, it feels like you were dropped in the finale of some fight that you have nothing to do with, so the final battle just fell flat, it's not helped that we have no clue what constitutes as more powerful in their world, so when the MC won, I was like oh ok, I guess her lasers beat the other girl's lasers because the show says so... it's fine
Mar 7, 11:28 AM
Jun 2012
Good insofar. A nice roboto animu.
Mar 10, 9:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Quite a tough premiere episode honestly with a bunch of a strange newly terms for this cyberpunk universe alone that suddenly pops-off right and left. Its kinda makes sense to create people a turn-off this fast, sadly. I feel like this have a potential to be the successor of Vivy. But honestly, i am gonna takes easy to my fall down already, as how everything not gonna comes smoothly right into my palm.

Characters sure do be sweet and buttery. Yep its full of butter right on target. But something is missing big, on this Bones special project.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 18, 4:56 AM
Feb 2024
This was a kinda disappointing ep. I was very confused with how many people, parties and alliances were being introduced and changed in only one ep. A bit of a shame because I was very hyped about it.

I'll give it more chances though to prove itself.
Mar 28, 11:24 AM
Feb 2021
Great First Impression of the anime.
Apr 4, 5:20 AM
Jan 2009
This feels a lot like The Big O, both in terms of graphic style and that I have no goddam clue what is going on.
Apr 5, 2:09 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to KANLen09
Remember Spring 2019's Carole and Tuesday? That was Studio Bones' 20th Anniversary show created by famed director Shinichirou Watanabe...done to decency for being unnecessarily stretched.

And 5 years later, we're back with Bones' Quarter Century 25th Anniversary show of action sci-fi show Metallic Rouge, headed by the same director of C&T and Super Crooks's Motonobu Hori, this time with RapXephon creator Yutaka Izubuchi as both series composer and chief supervisor, alongside studio co-founder and director-cum-character-designer Toshihiro Kawamoto.

In a world of humans and androids, with the ever so graceful Carole & Tuesday influence (such as the futuristic setting and singing), there exists Rouge Redstar being an assistant for the club's diva Sarah Fitzgerald, who's suddenly targeted by a mysterious red Gladiator, and her buddy of Naomi Orthmann operating the robot bird vying communications between both human and Nean, who thrive on Nectar to survive.

The girls' intended target of Sarah, whose true colours is Purgatory Viola Keane of the Immortal Nine, yet another Nean working with Alters like the Vash-like Fate Jeron, requests a secret duel with her. The only variable is Hell Giallon who'd been researching with Viola to take out the red Gladiator, which is confirmed to be Metal Rouge.

Lots of potential here, though subtle for now.
@KANLen09
We need a season 2 to flesh out the story and concept more in my opinion. I plan on buying the D.V.D's for Metallic Rouge when it comes out. I think people are being way too harsh on this series. I don't think the potential is squanderd. It just needs more screen time to develop. I get bubblegum crisis , Rahxephon and some Guvyer vibes from Metallic Rouge in terms of set up and design. I can't explain it well. I think the Anime is pretty good. I'd give it a 7/10. It's definitely not a bad series. Controversial take I know. I think if it's given more time to cook, it could be a 8/10 mabye if given the chance. Texhnolyze and Ergo Proxy are one of my favorite Sci-fi Anime. I'm curious which direction Metallic Rouge will take. Will it go in a Texhnolyze direction or a Bubble Gum Crisis direction . I'm very curious.
Apr 5, 2:13 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to KANLen09
Remember Spring 2019's Carole and Tuesday? That was Studio Bones' 20th Anniversary show created by famed director Shinichirou Watanabe...done to decency for being unnecessarily stretched.

And 5 years later, we're back with Bones' Quarter Century 25th Anniversary show of action sci-fi show Metallic Rouge, headed by the same director of C&T and Super Crooks's Motonobu Hori, this time with RapXephon creator Yutaka Izubuchi as both series composer and chief supervisor, alongside studio co-founder and director-cum-character-designer Toshihiro Kawamoto.

In a world of humans and androids, with the ever so graceful Carole & Tuesday influence (such as the futuristic setting and singing), there exists Rouge Redstar being an assistant for the club's diva Sarah Fitzgerald, who's suddenly targeted by a mysterious red Gladiator, and her buddy of Naomi Orthmann operating the robot bird vying communications between both human and Nean, who thrive on Nectar to survive.

The girls' intended target of Sarah, whose true colours is Purgatory Viola Keane of the Immortal Nine, yet another Nean working with Alters like the Vash-like Fate Jeron, requests a secret duel with her. The only variable is Hell Giallon who'd been researching with Viola to take out the red Gladiator, which is confirmed to be Metal Rouge.

Lots of potential here, though subtle for now.
@KANLen09
We need a season 2 to flesh out the story and concept more in my opinion. I plan on buying the D.V.D's for Metallic Rouge when it comes out. I think people are being way too harsh on this series. I don't think the potential is squanderd. It just needs more screen time to develop. I get bubblegum crisis , Rahxephon and some Guvyer vibes from Metallic Rouge. I can't explain it well. I think the Anime is pretty good. I'd give it a 7/10. I think if it's given more time to cook, with more screen time, it could be a 8/10 mabye if given the chance . Texhnolyze and Ergo Proxy are one of my favorite Sci-fi Anime. I'm curious which direction Metallic Rouge will take. Will it go in a Texhnolyze direction or a Bubble Gum Crisis direction . I'm very curious.
Apr 6, 9:08 PM
Jun 2022
Yeah , Amazing... Can't Wait To Drop This.

Apr 28, 1:26 PM
Aug 2023
I don't even know what I just watched here. It looks like this show wanted mech battles, androids, and women, so it just combined it all. Why are the androids eating? Are they actually cyborgs? Why do they need injections to survive, and why do they not care if an android is going to run out of injections and shut off? It seems awfully wasteful to just dump an android in the trash instead of just getting them the injection they need. Can't they just reactivate the guy?

IDK, I'm sure they'll answer more as we go, but it just seems so stupid right now, and to not explain anything so the audience isn't so confused on the first episode seems kind of a dumb move.
Apr 30, 10:04 AM

Aug 2019
I have no idea what's going on.
May 2, 9:15 AM

Feb 2014
lol wtf is happening
May 18, 8:38 PM
Feb 2024
Bom e isso ai não o mais falar
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

109 by MKSTEEL »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

36 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 20, 12:10 PM

» Is bones Studio still a big studio ?

Badrkate - Apr 28

22 by Lambofgenesis »»
May 18, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6

54 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 3, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31

95 by red1130 »»
May 2, 4:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.