Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 22, 2023 2:17 PM
Oct 2011
HangyakuNo_Nikki said:

This is the only opening i've never skipped yet.
makes you feel depression leaving Rudeus amirite
Aug 22, 2023 3:03 PM
May 2017
if rudeus dick wasn't broke, those doldia woulda been in for something sinister no capp
Aug 22, 2023 5:01 PM
Aug 2017
It’s kind of sad how bad the writing for this show has gotten compared to S1. Characters in S2 are just introduced and cast aside immediately without any resolution. There is 0 plot progress these days despite the fact that they skip months and years of time and barely acknowledge it at all. On top of that, the fan service this season sucks. Notice that I didn’t say that I hate fan service, bring back more stuff like Ghislaine and Elinalise and get rid of the stupid bullshit like him trying to fuck teenagers, kidnapping and groping people, and holding people hostage until they piss on themselves.
Aug 22, 2023 5:27 PM
Aug 2017
Efrath said:
yeomra said:
I love how all the people who are like "Twitter gonna loooove this" recognize the problems with what they are watching (hence the comments) but then turn around and act like the people who are rightfully calling it out are actually the weird ones. Olympic games level mental gymnastics.
No, it's called "Being able to differentiate fiction from reality". Rudy is not meant to be a "Role model", it's a long, slow story about someone slowly improving and changing themselves over time in a world with completely different morals and world views. "Calling it out" is like Christian moms calling out "Darkwing Duck" for being "Too violent" or "videogames for being too violent". It's puritanical and boils down to the inherently restrictive view that fiction should be limited by morals.

A thing people need to learn is that "Bad writing" is not the same as "Fiction that makes me feel icky". Either you have the emotional maturity to differentiate fiction from reality and able to enjoy different kind of stories, including one of a scarred degenerate slowly growing up in his new life. Which is another thing people forget, Rudeus has been socially and mentally stunted due to his trauma, he never technically got to "Grow up" because of the circumstances of his last life.

I love that the soy cope defense that everyone uses whenever someone criticizes the show is that they “can’t differentiate fiction from reality” or that they’re just tourists lmao. I can only imagine that the cringe people saying this stuff probably relate to Rudy’s past life a little too well.

The reality is that people are holding this show to a standard of quality that it demonstrated in S1 and the show isn’t delivering in S2. This season is devoid of any interesting plot progression and is instead trying to use boring fanservice as a crutch to squeeze out a couple more episodes.

Notice how people don’t freak out and “call out” scenes like the Eclipse in Berserk because the disgusting and awful shit that happens is actually an impactful plot point and it isn’t deployed for cheap humor or for fetishized satisfaction.
Aug 22, 2023 7:16 PM
Anime Jesus

Apr 2016
I'll be honest, I never cared much for Linia, but I always thought Purena was cute in the LN. Brought to life in the anime, Pursena is even cuter to me, and I love the VA choice they went with. I also like how, when adapting the LN, they decided to be frank with us a bit about who Fitz is. They could have tried to change things a bit to try and maintain that "Who is Fitz? Is it who I think it is?" As the anime stands, we can figure out easily who Fitz is, and they just let it happen, which is nice. It's not necessarily about US finding out who Fitz is. It's about RUDEUS finding out.
Aug 22, 2023 9:52 PM
Apr 2022
Cecco0 said:
how can someone like this shit?
come on it’s always the same thing every episode, rudeus does something completly useless, talks about that with sylphy and than she tries to tell him her identity.
at this point it’s boring and cringe, nothing else.
i think this season will end with nothing new happening.

this mf gonna be real sad when he discovers slice of life anime
Aug 22, 2023 9:56 PM

Jan 2013
poor__cow said:
Efrath said:
No, it's called "Being able to differentiate fiction from reality". Rudy is not meant to be a "Role model", it's a long, slow story about someone slowly improving and changing themselves over time in a world with completely different morals and world views. "Calling it out" is like Christian moms calling out "Darkwing Duck" for being "Too violent" or "videogames for being too violent". It's puritanical and boils down to the inherently restrictive view that fiction should be limited by morals.

A thing people need to learn is that "Bad writing" is not the same as "Fiction that makes me feel icky". Either you have the emotional maturity to differentiate fiction from reality and able to enjoy different kind of stories, including one of a scarred degenerate slowly growing up in his new life. Which is another thing people forget, Rudeus has been socially and mentally stunted due to his trauma, he never technically got to "Grow up" because of the circumstances of his last life.

I love that the soy cope defense that everyone uses whenever someone criticizes the show is that they “can’t differentiate fiction from reality” or that they’re just tourists lmao. I can only imagine that the cringe people saying this stuff probably relate to Rudy’s past life a little too well.           

The reality is that people are holding this show to a standard of quality that it demonstrated in S1 and the show isn’t delivering in S2. This season is devoid of any interesting plot progression and is instead trying to use boring fanservice as a crutch to squeeze out a couple more episodes.         

Notice how people don’t freak out and “call out” scenes like the Eclipse in Berserk because the disgusting and awful shit that happens is actually an impactful plot point and it isn’t deployed for cheap humor or for fetishized satisfaction.
It's been like this from the very beginning, though. It doesn't make any sense to be upset about it now. It's a bit slow, but the story is progressing. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Aug 23, 2023 1:10 AM
Mar 2022
Plusxz said:
Cecco0 said:
how can someone like this shit?
come on it’s always the same thing every episode, rudeus does something completly useless, talks about that with sylphy and than she tries to tell him her identity.
at this point it’s boring and cringe, nothing else.
i think this season will end with nothing new happening.

this mf gonna be real sad when he discovers slice of life anime

the problem is that this is not listed ad a slice of life anime
Aug 23, 2023 7:35 AM
Oct 2020
It's a good episode.
Aug 23, 2023 8:49 AM

Mar 2010
Twas nice and fun but they dragged on the exaggerations a bit more than I would have liked. Was hopin to see them strip them felines.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 23, 2023 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
People calling Rudeus racist now cracks me up, that's just too funny. The shit show in the comments every week is top tier entertainment. Looking forward to the next ep.
Aug 23, 2023 3:23 PM
Jul 2021
cmon sylphie reveal yourself already
Aug 23, 2023 4:42 PM
May 2020
could fixed it but IT'S ABOUT THE ETHOS!!! Got lil rundown too on how yo tame a beastgirl
Aug 23, 2023 6:11 PM

Feb 2011
Stealth46 said:
Scootboi said:
new fetish unlocked, beast girls pissing themselves

woo
It's too bad we didn't get to watch it happen. We just saw them wet.

And with how submissive they were afterward, dear lord

something has awakened in me

Aug 23, 2023 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
It really doesn't surprise me that this episode caused a certain amount of controversy. As with some episodes in Season 1, there should be a distinction between reality and fiction, and if it still seems unbearable, dropping Mushoku Tensei would probably be the best solution. So much for this topic.

As for the episode itself, we see Sylphie's ever-growing affection for Rudeus. At the same time, however, her insecurity is equally apparent, which is likely one of the reasons why she doesn't reveal herself to Rudeus.

I didn't rate Rudeus or Zanoba that way, but I'm extremely happy that Julie is now experiencing a better life and is not seen as a slave but as an apprentice and disciple. As you could see, she definitely seems to have a talent for magic, being able to spawn a piece of stone mass without incantation after only a single month of training.
With the smashing of Rudeu's sacred Roxy figure, both Linia and Pursena crossed a line they shouldn't have crossed, as was easy to see from Rudeu's reaction lol. This small clash in the inner courtyard confirmed once again how strongly Rudeus has developed in recent years. This is what I call total dominance.
I didn't even find it bad to tie up both beast girls. The breast grabbing, on the other hand, was a bit questionable, even if I don't consider it to such an extreme degree as many other people in this thread do. I was quite surprised that Rudeus even decided to show the panties to other people. This should only underscore his devotion to Roxy even further.
Since Rudeus wasn't entirely sure how to punish Linia and Pursena, it was undoubtedly a good idea to include Sylphie. Furthermore, it can be assumed that both beast girls had already learned their lesson after a whole day without food or water. Not to mention that they both pissed themselves, which must have been extremely uncomfortable. With the color applied to their face afterwards, which both of them have to be seen with for the whole next day, this should be more than enough of a punishment.

I can only reiterate how impatient I am for Sylphie to reveal her true identity to Rudy. Especially the scene at the end gave me a glimpse of hope for a brief moment, which unfortunately was quickly destroyed.

Like many others here, Mushoku Tensei episodes fly by for me as well, which is often times a little bit sad. Oh well, what can you do?

Looking forward for the next episode.

Aug 23, 2023 8:10 PM
Nov 2018
yeomra said:
I love how all the people who are like "Twitter gonna loooove this" recognize the problems with what they are watching (hence the comments) but then turn around and act like the people who are rightfully calling it out are actually the weird ones. Olympic games level mental gymnastics.

Calling out what? Progressive Jesus campers can go enjoy their vege tales. This would have been correctly accepted as schlocky humor a decade ago. I don’t know how people can be so proud to have inherited the mantle of the moral majority.
Aug 23, 2023 8:56 PM
Jul 2023
This is Disgusting
Aug 24, 2023 3:58 AM
Apr 2023
I it is one of the beast anime of summer 2023 and i recommend
Aug 24, 2023 3:46 PM

Apr 2015
Avicebrons said:
Efrath said:

Rudy is not meant to be a "Role model", it's a long, slow story about someone slowly improving and changing themselves over time in a world with completely different morals and world views. 
The thing is, I'd maybe buy into this. There's only one gigantic problem. His horrendous actions, morals and everything is played for laughs. The viewer doesn't watch this and think to themselves "man that was really messed up" and then get to see the journey of his self-improvement. The scene is played as a total joke and just go through the comments here and you'll see that people find it funny as shit. Which to be clear, I'm not saying is wrong. It's fiction, not reality. So if the author wants to make it a joke, they're allowed to and people can find it funny. But how are you going to make a story about improving these flaws, when you don't actually communicate to the viewer that these are flaws. In fact, the author even makes a point of having some of the characters be into his genuinely creepy behavior. 

You can't exactly have your cake and eat it too. If these flaws are played for laughs, then the viewer isn't gonna take them seriously as a result. And if the viewer doesn't take them seriously, then his journey out of them will essentially be rendered meaningless. Although seeing the direction the story is going and seeing how people already in season 1 said that he had grown out of his creepy behavior and even now they're still saying it, despite what this episode showed us, I very much doubt the validity of the statement that he will grow out of it as the journey progresses. 
Ah, someone is still around with some media literacy to their words.

People perpetually throwing around the 'not a role model', 'morally grey', etc seem to have the most skewed reading of fairly common tropes to isekai but because it just happens to occur within something they seem to agree with and thus enjoy, they read some depth of meaning into someone groping, kidnapping and bemoaning his lack of erection followed by a mini-spiel about panty religion as anything other than shlock content. There isn't a portrayal of moral greyness or moral flaw happening here, it's just an anime protagonist doing casual sexual harassment as a lot of them do.

Cue Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins.
Aug 24, 2023 4:01 PM

Feb 2014
Rudeus has been crying since episode 1 about being bullied in his past life, how that made him hikikomori and he does the same thing to those girls? He kidnaps them, sexual abuse them, but plot armour makes them accept that instead of reporting him to the authorities.

This show is targetting the same audience as Re:Zero.
Aug 24, 2023 11:57 PM
Jan 2020
animejas said:
This episode was so great and chaotic, I loved it. The animation was excellent and super expressive to watch and made scenes feel even funnier in the process. Episode flew by so well and the pacing was great as a whole. Sylphie's perspective before the opening being added was really good, showing her feelings of what she is undergoing with Rudeus there and showcasing glimpses of her daily life too in the process. Rudeus and Zanoba's scenes were so eccentric but hilarious to watch, especially with how over the top the facial expressions were when Zanoba felt that he was so fucked when Rudeus asked him about Roxy. He sure did react and purge the heretics in Linia and Pursena there. The animation with Rudeus taking down the beastfolk girls was great and reminiscent of some of the Rudeus-Eris scenes in season 1 cour 1, even with the music there. Fitz being supportive of Rudeus at the end there and not letting Linia and Pursena go scot-free was really good and again, loved their interactions as usual towards the very end. That slow build has been super satisfying to watch.

Music was exceptional too as usual, whether for the more action-driven scenes, or goofy, chaotic scenes, it all works. This was a weird yet fantastic episode, definitely the best adapted and visually animated episode in this season of MT so far, very reminiscent of S1 quality. Direction was top notch too and the pacing was great. The overall execution was so stellar, and Volume 8's adaptation as a whole has been phenomenal and a vast improvement from Volume 7.
How old is Rudeus currently in the anime?
Aug 25, 2023 4:58 AM
Aug 2023
curvedtree said:
Rudeus has been crying since episode 1 about being bullied in his past life, how that made him hikikomori and he does the same thing to those girls? He kidnaps them, sexual abuse them, but plot armour makes them accept that instead of reporting him to the authorities.

Seriously? This is far better than that waste of effort Re:Zero.
Aug 25, 2023 6:51 AM

May 2015
What do you do if someone breaks your favorite figure ? Treats them like dogs and slaves !
Aug 25, 2023 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
Arctic_Lonewolf said:
animejas said:
This episode was so great and chaotic, I loved it. The animation was excellent and super expressive to watch and made scenes feel even funnier in the process. Episode flew by so well and the pacing was great as a whole. Sylphie's perspective before the opening being added was really good, showing her feelings of what she is undergoing with Rudeus there and showcasing glimpses of her daily life too in the process. Rudeus and Zanoba's scenes were so eccentric but hilarious to watch, especially with how over the top the facial expressions were when Zanoba felt that he was so fucked when Rudeus asked him about Roxy. He sure did react and purge the heretics in Linia and Pursena there. The animation with Rudeus taking down the beastfolk girls was great and reminiscent of some of the Rudeus-Eris scenes in season 1 cour 1, even with the music there. Fitz being supportive of Rudeus at the end there and not letting Linia and Pursena go scot-free was really good and again, loved their interactions as usual towards the very end. That slow build has been super satisfying to watch.

Music was exceptional too as usual, whether for the more action-driven scenes, or goofy, chaotic scenes, it all works. This was a weird yet fantastic episode, definitely the best adapted and visually animated episode in this season of MT so far, very reminiscent of S1 quality. Direction was top notch too and the pacing was great. The overall execution was so stellar, and Volume 8's adaptation as a whole has been phenomenal and a vast improvement from Volume 7.
How old is Rudeus currently in the anime?

Around 15 yrs old.
Aug 25, 2023 8:49 AM
Jul 2014
Ruzeus said:
curvedtree said:

Seriously? This is far better than that waste of effort Re:Zero.
This series could be one of the best Isekai series without the trash that happens atm, I never watched Re:Zero, so I can't say if it's better or not, but I would rather watch Promised Neverland S2 before a watch another Season with this Character. (and yes s2 from promised neverland was big big trash) It's just disgusting and way beyond from good taste. I accepted the perv moments in S1 (which I don't like either way), but it's getting worse and worse.

And yeah “You don't need to watch it” - i want to give this season a chance but I just will complete this season and then drop this series. (I just hate to dropping Seasons)

DragonStudio94Aug 25, 2023 5:53 PM
Aug 25, 2023 2:02 PM
Aug 2022
Weird slavery fetish
Aug 25, 2023 3:14 PM
Sep 2018
I’ve never seen a character go crazy over a broken potential waifu figure in anime like damn tis tense this episode!
Aug 25, 2023 7:30 PM
Aug 2023
The 2nd season is a little rushed, but still has great moments. Having also been a reader of the LN and having read up to volume 24 out of 26 I know everything that is going to happen in this season. Having been tasked with a plethora of content to cover the show sometimes seems rushed and combined multiple things from a couple of volumes in episode while also choosing the more important aspects of the school arc to focus on. The animation sometimes is better at moments than others, but knowing what's in store for the second cour of the anime I believe this is okay for saving budget. However, the animation is never actually bad although something's may be more noticeable if you're actively breaking down the animation during scenes. The magic from the first season is not lost either, while this season may seem much slower and less action packed it's because it is. This is the slowest part of the story in the LN as well. The show still gives many laughs and we get to have a different perspective from different characters as well.
Aug 26, 2023 4:27 AM
Feb 2020
This episode was kind of strange. Overall very low stakes and little attention to our newest slave girl. Not what I expected.
I also get that Rudy is still someone who has to learn to see the people of this world as respectable, but in this episode he goes way further than usually. We get racism, kidnapping, sexual harrassment and all that over a clay doll he could massproduce in a day.
Aug 26, 2023 7:21 AM

Apr 2022
Insane tease at the end, but oh well...

It's still a great show despite the budget cut, and that's all I hoped for.
Aug 26, 2023 8:41 PM

Jul 2010
Just binged watched the show & caught up. Season 2 is not as good as season 1 but it’s still enjoyable. Would like to see the story progress more.
Aug 27, 2023 4:02 PM
Aug 2023
Eu amo esse anime!
Aug 27, 2023 4:19 PM
Jul 2023
it`s good over all, needed more action
Aug 27, 2023 11:26 PM
Mar 2022
i love it, want it more
Aug 29, 2023 5:29 AM
Aug 2023
Unnecessarily rapey.
Aug 30, 2023 12:09 PM

Feb 2018
Rudy locking up those Doldia girls like that...shouldn't be surprised really.
He's also getting even more curious about Fitz, wonder when the reveal will be.
Sep 1, 2023 3:30 AM

Jul 2021
Over a figure.. wow.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 3, 2023 12:02 PM
Oct 2021
rudy will always be irredeemable garbage imo
Sep 3, 2023 9:01 PM
Jan 2021
It’s funny how Sylphie talks about her morning routine of running and mentions how this is the kind of thing that Rudy would do, when one, HE’S RUNNING RIGHT BY HER and two, he was doing this back in Basherant. It seems that Sylphie may have romantic feelings for Rudy, but we’ll have to wait and see.

I’m glad that Julie isn’t being treated as a slave and simply being taught magic and all sorts of other things and being properly taken care of. It was funny to see Rudeus’ reaction when he learns of the fate of his Roxy figurine (which I’m surprised that he didn’t make another one at some point).

That led to his fight against Linia and Pursena in which Rudeus handled it one his own thanks to his Foresight (which he obviously didn’t mention to them).

One he interrogated them and let them know the atrocity that they committed, their tunes changed real quick. Now they’re two obedient dogs who will never do anything to upset Rudeus ever again and Sylphie came in clutch with that bluff about the paint. Sylphie almost revealed himself to Rudeus, but I guess it’s not time quite yet. Hopefully it happens in Part One so we don’t have to wait for Part 2 of this season.

What shenanigans will Rudeus get himself involved with next?!
Sep 4, 2023 10:00 PM

Nov 2021
Apologies for coming into this late forum, I've had a time catching up to stuff this season and finally got to this episode where I will have to stop for the night.
That being said, I am absolutely loving this hilarious, but also somewhat heartwarmingly cute faux gay arc that is going on with Rudeus right now. For those who aren't able to remember, Rudy mistook "Fitz" for a boy the first time they met as well, but was so young then he never had any feelings like that. Now he's mistook her again but there's this "will they, won't they" thing going on, and he's actually questioning whether he's gay or not.
It's genuinely heartwarming to see someone write confusing feelings out in the open like this, many writers are not able to capture that.

Of course we know he isn't, and we know who Fitz really is, but I don't think that takes away from the very real feelings that Rudy may think he's having for a guy. IDK, I find it super cute.
I also really appreciate that not everything is being revealed to him immediately, and he's actually able to see her as a real friend first and foremost rather than another piece of his possible harem. It's cute that Sylvie is even willing to go along with his silly punishment game for the beast girls, showing how much she cares and how much trust she has in him.

This was a very good episode, one where you blink and it's over.
Sep 5, 2023 10:09 AM

May 2021
A weird episode to be so well directed, I guess they know their audience well or something.

Sep 6, 2023 9:38 AM
Oct 2021
Cute, funny and quality animation episode. Exactly how every Mushoku episode should be?
Sep 6, 2023 5:11 PM
Mar 2023
amazing episode i really enjoyed it
Sep 9, 2023 6:48 PM

Sep 2015
Well, that was weird, how did those girls feel fine with that afterwards? xD
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 13, 2023 5:21 AM

Jul 2013
I mean her eyes are very clearly visible behind those shades come on nothing is being hidden there
Sep 14, 2023 7:01 AM
Jul 2023
Gooddddddddddddd
Sep 19, 2023 2:08 PM

Aug 2014
noooo why there was no oppai shown?!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 23, 2023 2:53 AM
Mar 2012
Fitz sighing at Greyrats.
Julie learns fast helping their plans. she headpat Zanoba cute. but might need a mom to teach her less questionable stuff.
Fight well made & fast with those funny derp reactions.
Dog throwing cat under the bus lol.
Fitz suggestions all a bit weird.
Sep 25, 2023 3:03 PM

Jul 2021
This is truly peak fiction.
Sep 25, 2023 3:10 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to redorzo
Man takes his figures too seriously.

A funny episode, which was welcome especially after the depressing episodes that happened this season. 
@redorzo Can't really blame him, though I don't particularly care for figurines, I'm a true believer in Teddy bear supremacy.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

260 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.