Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 2, 2023 9:10 AM
Jul 2017
So far, all the original scenes were great and felt well integrated to the story and its messege. People who are complaining about them are either being petty manga purists, or don't get what Vinland Saga is about.

Overall, superb episode! I truly felt that one.
May 2, 2023 9:57 AM
May 2018
I expected more and it was really disappointing
May 2, 2023 10:13 AM

Feb 2016
Piromysl said:
Everything you said is factually incorrect. Impressive.

Vindicater said:
I don't even know where to begin with this post...
Ok but why are you guys crying about some random dude on the internet [font="\"lucida grande\", tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]criticizing [/font]such a trash episode.

ogking31 said:
Funny thing is... They literally said he's unconscious but you didn't seem to watch the whole episode at all. 

You talk about how Snake is the best character when he literally has no screentime except now, it's quite hypocritical. 

Arnheid did treat his wounds... Band-aid isn't enough to treat a stabbed mans + several wounds. Ever heard of bloodloss? 

This is a stupid criticism that the show even tells you what's going on
- You say he is unconscious, and at the same time you say he died from bloodloss, do you even think before commenting? Also I did said " She had more than enought time, maybe she wouldn't accomplished anything since it was lethal but instead of trying they went on a emotional ride to nowhere.", she wanted his husband to live, and after he was finally free to escape she didn't even fkng tried to save him lmao, trying is better than nothing.

- Honestly all of the NEW cast of characters is mediocre at best, Snake was the only one interesting, like what was his past? why is he so op? why he used a sword like that? He was, indeed, the best "new" character, but yeah, he had very little screentime, I guess Arnheid and his fkng husband that came out of nowhere just to do a killing spread were more important.

- I did watch the whole episode and that's exactly why I commented in the 1st place, because this episode plot was total trash, a total joke.

I swear the fandom of Vinland Saga cannot accept criticism, it's really funny just like this episode.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 2, 2023 10:20 AM
Mar 2023
a bit slower but the build up was fantastic
May 2, 2023 10:35 AM
Apr 2021
Best episode I have ever seen in my life।
May 2, 2023 10:46 AM

Oct 2009
Its exciting to see Thorfinn fight again! But damn even sadder than the last episode.

At least Gardar was able to see a good dream while being held by his wife as he was passing.
Arnheid continues to suffer :(
May 2, 2023 11:02 AM

Jan 2019
Honestly this is the first episode this season I didn't really enjoy.

I really enjoyed Snake and Thorfinn's fight but Gardar's death felt super drawn out, like the show is yelling: "BE SAD!" at the audience. It should've focused on Arnheid's grief more than a character we know very little about.

May 2, 2023 11:14 AM
May 2021
I haven't cried this hard in a while since Violet Evergarden and the last film of Garden of Sinners. Seeing the soldiers close in on Arnheid as she holds Gardar's corpse is soul snatching. Everything from ep1 to now has been nothing short of fantastic. Can't wait to have my heart broken again next Monday! 
May 2, 2023 12:25 PM
Jan 2021
Fight was cool but I really don't know where they were trying to go with gardar to be honest.

They left everything about the farm and other topics like the king behind for gardars story which essentially is a watered down message of "war bad" which we experienced through throfinn in detail throughout the first season and the first half of this season already.

Lots of emotional scenes in order to build up feelings for a character which the viewer has pretty much no reason to care about except "look how sad this is :(" with an "emotional" finish. Probably the worst part of vinland saga so far and there were some pretty bad lows in the first one.
May 2, 2023 12:29 PM
Feb 2021
Mappa is making an incredible adaptation
May 2, 2023 12:39 PM

Mar 2019
Ofenfrische said:
Fight was cool but I really don't know where they were trying to go with gardar to be honest.

They left everything about the farm and other topics like the king behind for gardars story which essentially is a watered down message of "war bad" which we experienced through throfinn in detail throughout the first season and the first half of this season already.

Lots of emotional scenes in order to build up feelings for a character which the viewer has pretty much no reason to care about except "look how sad this is :(" with an "emotional" finish. Probably the worst part of vinland saga so far and there were some pretty bad lows in the first one.

Its utility to the story is mostly to contrast Gardar who fucked his life up and had no opportunity to atone for his mistakes to Thorfinn who still has an opportunity to atone for his. And what happened these past two-three episodes is very much relevant to what will happen on the farm and what is going to happen with Canute. There's still seven episodes. It's not as if in next week's episode everyone is going to forget about what happened to Gardar and the focus will change to Canute.
May 2, 2023 1:04 PM
Mar 2021
This episode is why Vinland Saga is so good.
May 2, 2023 1:20 PM
Oct 2016
made me cry so must have been great. Wish I could see it through the tears though
May 2, 2023 2:15 PM
Nov 2021
Ofenfrische said:

I agree completely. Even if Gardar's story will be used to contrast with Thorfinn, the execution of this last episode was one that had me counting down the minutes for it to end.
May 2, 2023 2:48 PM
Jan 2023
StallionXD said:
You say he is unconscious, and at the same time you say he died from bloodloss, do you even think before commenting? Also I did said " She had more than enought time, maybe she wouldn't accomplished anything since it was lethal but instead of trying they went on a emotional ride to nowhere.", she wanted his husband to live, and after he was finally free to escape she didn't even fkng tried to save him lmao, trying is better than nothing.
She literally had less than 12 hours to treat his wounds which they even stated he lost a lot of blood even when being treated. you're clearly not paying attention to the series. So how can she treat something that the wounds is STILL new? there's no modern medication back then
May 2, 2023 2:50 PM
Jan 2023
StallionXD said:
I swear the fandom of Vinland Saga cannot accept criticism, it's really funny just like this episode.
These are not even criticisms... there's a difference between whining and taking an actual value of criticism. You're doing the opposite. You say these characters are trash yet you couldn't understand the whole meaning between their motives. 

Wait so you like snake because he's OP and how he got this strong? that's literally screaming shounen meathead if I've ever seen one 
May 2, 2023 2:51 PM
Jan 2023
StallionXD said:
I guess Arnheid and his fkng husband that came out of nowhere just to do a killing spread were more important.
How is it out of no where when we literally do not know the backstory of arnheid and how she became a slave, Gardar is a supporting character that happens to be connected to Arnheid. surprised? 
May 2, 2023 2:57 PM

Apr 2022
Incredible episode imo, really loved the scenes between Arnheid and Gardar and Thorfinn fighting again after so long was a joy to see as I thought he might have lost his combat ability. Being an anime only watcher for the time being has made me excited for what's to come in the following episodes as many things are happening and the last time I felt suspense waiting for a weekly episode was JoJo Golden Wind.

Its been a fantastic season so far and im looking forward to reading the manga after its ended.

10/10 episode
May 2, 2023 3:24 PM

May 2021
First, an awesome fight between a rusty Thorfinn and a probably rusty but smarter Snake, and then the regrets of the man named Gardar. Peakland Saga, what else can I even say?

May 2, 2023 3:32 PM

Nov 2020
Where men cried RIPPPPPPPP
May 2, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
What a drag. Nice try trying to make me feel for this monster, didn't work.
It seems like next week we're finally back to the farm owner.
May 2, 2023 3:58 PM
Nov 2014
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
ZXEAN said:
Respect Attack on Titan dude.
Attack on Titan is the nadir of literature in my personal rankings
I have encountered something so appalling that it induces vomit 

Ew. Go get that checked out, my dude.
May 2, 2023 4:00 PM
Nov 2014
Idk if I've ever cried so hard at an anime episode before. But MAPPA went insanely hard with the anime original scenes here when they didn't even have to. Even though the ending drags a little bit, every second is worth it.

10/10. One of the best anime episodes I've ever seen.
May 2, 2023 4:42 PM
Jul 2021
One of the best episodes of any show i think ive ever watched. This episode was everything i wanted vinland saga to be and more!

Remarkable!
Funny101May 2, 2023 4:46 PM
May 2, 2023 4:52 PM

Dec 2020
absolute masterclass
May 2, 2023 5:03 PM

May 2021
Disappointed here tbh, 4-5 episodes of shitty runaway romance whereas there are more important things developing behind, 80% of this episode was Gandar fantasizing in deathbed, tbh 1 minute and 1 flashback was enough to show his regrets, I don't hate him but he is just another average nordic guy, why should I care too much about him? Anyone with two braincells can realize that slavery and hate will change somebody to the core, except for Thorfinn that thinks, pathetically, he deserves that punishment or that he can't complain about it because he did worse stuff, kma. Anyways, 4.3/10.
May 2, 2023 6:10 PM
Nov 2015
It is the best episode of the season, it is probably the only interesting one btw.
May 2, 2023 6:55 PM
Aug 2021
Gardar was pretty cool in the past but not in the present.
May 2, 2023 7:38 PM

Feb 2016
ogking31 said:
StallionXD said:
You say he is unconscious, and at the same time you say he died from bloodloss, do you even think before commenting? Also I did said " She had more than enought time, maybe she wouldn't accomplished anything since it was lethal but instead of trying they went on a emotional ride to nowhere.", she wanted his husband to live, and after he was finally free to escape she didn't even fkng tried to save him lmao, trying is better than nothing.
She literally had less than 12 hours to treat his wounds which they even stated he lost a lot of blood even when being treated. you're clearly not paying attention to the series. So how can she treat something that the wounds is STILL new? there's no modern medication back then
ogking31 said:
These are not even criticisms... there's a difference between whining and taking an actual value of criticism. You're doing the opposite. You say these characters are trash yet you couldn't understand the whole meaning between their motives. 
Wait so you like snake because he's OP and how he got this strong? that's literally screaming shounen meathead if I've ever seen one 
Bro got so mad he responded 3 times, learn how to use a fkng forum. Also, I can clearly see u didn't even fully read my comments so whatever.

After that triple comment you did I had to check your profile, I had to see if you are that insane or not, and I found out you literally only have 1 anime in your list and that's this one, so now I know it's absolutely worthless to speak to you, gtfo here you fkng bot person lmaooo, that's so pathetic, to make an account with the only purpose to try and help an anime you like with a 10/10, what a fkng 🤡 this guy is.
Btw, cry about it.
May 2, 2023 7:40 PM

Mar 2019
The Music..... 100/10, like Usual.

Peak episode..and we are just at 1/3 of the Season...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
May 2, 2023 7:59 PM
Feb 2021
top 5 cap indiscutiblemente
May 2, 2023 8:20 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Loved the episode. After awhile, I did find myself wanting to move on from his death but what a damn payoff when he saw his son... ughh, that got me. Loved the entire episode.

The World Suffused with Sound.
May 2, 2023 8:23 PM

Apr 2016
is it safe to say snake won the fight between him and thorfinn?
May 2, 2023 8:57 PM
Jan 2023
StallionXD said:
ogking31 said:
Bro got so mad he responded 3 times, learn how to use a fkng forum. Also, I can clearly see u didn't even fully read my comments so whatever.

After that triple comment you did I had to check your profile, I had to see if you are that insane or not, and I found out you literally only have 1 anime in your list and that's this one, so now I know it's absolutely worthless to speak to you, gtfo here you fkng bot person lmaooo, that's so pathetic, to make an account with the only purpose to try and help an anime you like with a 10/10, what a fkng 🤡 this guy is.
so you can't take proper discussion because I debunked your assumption that never happened? 
May 2, 2023 9:20 PM

Feb 2016
ogking31 said:
StallionXD said:

so you can't take proper discussion because I debunked your assumption that never happened? 
MAL users actually having a normal discussion instead of getting into your profile challenge (impossible)

At this point Stallion is coping hard af, he has no idea what he's talking about, I bet he watched this episode at 4x speed and then decided to complain about the most ridiculous things, users like him are not worth feeding their ego, their brainrot can be contagious!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 2, 2023 10:35 PM

Apr 2015
Sagenaker11 said:
zyke said:
Cruel like Gardar? Biting someones throat open and murdering bunch of people? Glad that asshole is dead finally, and hope she follows him.
he did all those to get back to his family lol. You're acting like snake and his crew members are some saint lol
And how does that make it right? He was a piece of shit and thankfully died.

And the Snake & crew arent saints, but they were rightfully angry after that Gardar murdered their friends. Or do you think that someones selfish goal makes it fine to murder people?
May 2, 2023 11:08 PM
Jan 2023
zyke said:
And the Snake & crew arent saints, but they were rightfully angry after that Gardar murdered their friends. Or do you think that someones selfish goal makes it fine to murder people?
Wait so Slavery is okay? because that's what Snake is trying to do at first. Yes Snake's position is justifiable, but Gardar's position isn't? even though they enslave not only him but his wife. You're not suppose to act in a way to free her and free yourself? 
May 2, 2023 11:41 PM
Jul 2019
Well they did it they made me cry, Gardar's death scene was slow and heartbreaking seeing his life flash before his eyes before he moves into the afterlife and see Hjalti moved me to tears I seriously hope Arnheid is spared because she's been enough shit as it is, Also the fight between Snake and Thorfinn was fantastic great fight choreography and when Snake stabbed Gardar and he woke up started choking him I was so scared Snake was gonna die but thankfully Arnheid calmed him down so he survived, I really don't what expect next but I'm very worried for everyone involved in this.
May 3, 2023 12:35 AM

Apr 2015
ogking31 said:
zyke said:
Wait so Slavery is okay? because that's what Snake is trying to do at first. Yes Snake's position is justifiable, but Gardar's position isn't? even though they enslave not only him but his wife. You're not suppose to act in a way to free her and free yourself? 
Obviously slavery isnt okay, but they werent the ones who made the laws regarding slavery? He just happened to be a warrior who was enslaved as well, not some saint who deserves happy ending just because he wants his wife and freedom back.

Youre obviously free to try whatever to achieve your happiness, but if you act like murderous cunt, thats all you are and if you die, you had that coming.
May 3, 2023 1:02 AM

Oct 2010
Wanted Thorfinn hype
Got shit tons of piano
Fuck
May 3, 2023 1:22 AM

Feb 2016
ogking31 said:
I made my points, I explained them, you can keep talking if you want, just helps to make me laught even more, and other than that I don't win anything from talking to such a clown like you, keep crying and creating accounts to support trash shows.

AdolZeppeli said:
MAL users actually having a normal discussion instead of getting into your profile challenge (impossible)

At this point Stallion is coping hard af, he has no idea what he's talking about, I bet he watched this episode at 4x speed and then decided to complain about the most ridiculous things, users like him are not worth feeding their ego, their brainrot can be contagious!
Yooo bro I can see you hard sucking dick from here, at least hide yourself lmao
Btw since when is it a rule that someone cannot check the profile of another user? People that act like that it's a stupid move to do clearly don't know how to fkng defend themselves, and I guess you didn't even realised that guy you are sucking it's literally a bot person like I said, so u r sucking air, u alright? 🤣

You all keep assuming things like I skipped parts of the episode or didn't even watch it, can you people even fkng read? I swear to God, I post a comment about why I think this was trash, said my points, explained them, but you all gang up on me like if I was fighting against a fkng circus, like this AdolZeppeli dude who comes here saying stuff like "Oh my god this duuude" by also joining the discussion because he just want attention and aproval, since anyone here will say he is right since this is the VlndSg forum and it is full of cringe weebs like them.

Typical MAL users crying on the internet because someone they don't even know said he didn't liked something about their anime, grow the fk up kids (and now u guys will also assume I'm a kid too and bla bla bla, keep talking, just makes me laugh).

Vinland Saga S1 was amazing (gave it a 10/10 score), S2 started slow, then peaked with Canute, and now became total trash, you guys seriously think Arnheid & Gardar's arc was some deep, top tier, peak fiction shit? This is clearly a case where the autor was like "Shit I need to do something while Ketil and the others return, might as well do a quick, sad and worthless plot for this character Arnheid since she hasn't done shit so far", you all treat this like it was the fkng bible, you all are like "Oh, this was so sad, 5/5 episode peak fiction RIP Gardar I cried masterfully made episode #BestAnimeEver omg so good I'll cuuum, I gonna make multiple accounts just to give this show a 10/10 because I love it and MAL scores clearly are important, and if some random dude on the internet says something bad about it I'll have a fkng aneurysm and start fighting him saying he don't know what he is saying without even reading his comments, so cool" 😂

Thankfully this shit arc is already over, I wanna see the next episode, maybe they will fix this joke of a plot and move on, in the meantime you people can keep crying all you want, I'll just ignore you, there is no need to even read your shit after all your dumb comments, fkgn clowns 🤡
Btw, cry about it.
May 3, 2023 1:40 AM
Jan 2023
StallionXD said:
I made my points, I explained them, you can keep talking if you want, just helps to make me laught even more, and other than that I don't win anything from talking to such a clown like you, keep crying and creating accounts to support trash shows.
what points?? I literally addressed them using what was shown, this is not rocket science to know what misunderstandings and what actual given narrative is of the show 
May 3, 2023 1:44 AM
Jan 2023
zyke said:
Obviously slavery isnt okay, but they werent the ones who made the laws regarding slavery? He just happened to be a warrior who was enslaved as well, not some saint who deserves happy ending just because he wants his wife and freedom back.
That doesn't matter if they didn't create slavery, by your logic it's okay to be a slave, but it's bad to kill EVEN though he has justifications for his actions and not just mercilessly kill people. Did you know by using your own argument they didn't create whether it's bad to kill? 

You seem to misunderstand what the point is, Gardar IS right and awfully right to defend his rights, and you're going against it because Killing is bad. Even though ironically you're fine with slavery because it wasn't against the law? even though this can be said for killing 
May 3, 2023 4:05 AM
May 2022
this was a great episode one of the best episode of Vinland Saga season 2 but I want to see a Thorfinn and snake fight more extended
May 3, 2023 4:48 AM

Apr 2015
ogking31 said:
zyke said:
That doesn't matter if they didn't create slavery, by your logic it's okay to be a slave, but it's bad to kill EVEN though he has justifications for his actions and not just mercilessly kill people. Did you know by using your own argument they didn't create whether it's bad to kill? 

You seem to misunderstand what the point is, Gardar IS right and awfully right to defend his rights, and you're going against it because Killing is bad. Even though ironically you're fine with slavery because it wasn't against the law? even though this can be said for killing 
Except im not arguing that snake and his crew were good guys, im saying Gardar wasnt a good guy. And someone as talented in fighting wouldnt have to kill some grunts, but he chose to do so anyhow. Youre genuinely supporting a murderer just because this time he got fucked over. Instead of thinking things through, he just went and murdered bunch of people and got himself and his wife killed, what a hero. He was a bad guy and only reason youre defending him is because he was also a husband and that somehow makes anything he does ok

Never said I was fine with slavery either, stop making shit up.
May 3, 2023 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
this episode is Amazing
May 3, 2023 6:38 AM

Feb 2016
StallionXD said:
AdolZeppeli said:

Yooo bro I can see you hard sucking dick from here, at least hide yourself lmao
Btw since when is it a rule that someone cannot check the profile of another user? People that act like that it's a stupid move to do clearly don't know how to fkng defend themselves, and I guess you didn't even realised that guy you are sucking it's literally a bot person like I said, so u r sucking air, u alright? 🤣

You all keep assuming things like I skipped parts of the episode or didn't even watch it, can you people even fkng read? I swear to God, I post a comment about why I think this was trash, said my points, explained them, but you all gang up on me like if I was fighting against a fkng circus, like this AdolZeppeli dude who comes here saying stuff like "Oh my god this duuude" by also joining the discussion because he just want attention and aproval, since anyone here will say he is right since this is the VlndSg forum and it is full of cringe weebs like them.

I mean you evidently avoided his counter arguments and decided to go to his profile for no other reason other than "Looking if he's actually that insane", it may not be a rule but it's a very shitty move to do while arguing, you're basically telling them "look, I have no idea what else to say, so I'm just gonna look for something on your profile to find something to use against them" 

Also, I barely even go to MAL forums at all for this very reason, avoiding looking at braindead takes such as yours (as well as that of Inugirlz), the only reason I wanted to partake on this episode's forum was to see what people thought of this episode, which was a huge mistake as I found incredibly garbage baseless "criticisms" that makes no sense at all. 

Also, very hypocritical of you to accuse people of assuming things from you by making baseless assumptions yourself, at least we have evidence of your clear lack of reasoning through your idiotic complaints that can be easily countered by someone that actually knows and understands what they're watching, your whole complaints as well as that of Inugirlz are simply preposterous.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 3, 2023 6:46 AM

Sep 2020
Very powerful episode, but feels a bit sad that all this fight and killing for nearly nothing at the end, I wonder what will happen next for the season.
May 3, 2023 7:05 AM
Aug 2022
zyke said:
Sagenaker11 said:
he did all those to get back to his family lol. You're acting like snake and his crew members are some saint lol
And how does that make it right? He was a piece of shit and thankfully died.

snake literally practiced slavery while gardar only wanted to protect his family and village. Not to mention snake was one who gave orders to hunt gardar while poor gardar was only trying to find his wife.

Considering its 11th century, gardar was actually a saint while snake was just a fucking piece of shit
May 3, 2023 8:29 AM
Apr 2021
Fuck man I cried like a baby during the second half of this episode, Arnheid really has it off the worst bc she has to live knowing her son AND her husband died. Like fuck man she doesn’t deserve this at all and Ik she’s fictional but shit still hurts yk😢😢😢😢😢😢😢
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2023

249 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

381 by Zekkenshin »»
Jun 6, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2023

170 by DWERGman »»
Jun 5, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2023

214 by FarCritical »»
Jun 5, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Who is the most handsome Vinland Saga man?

Shizuna - May 24

23 by Nunofurbusiness »»
Jun 4, 11:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.