Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2008 6:48 AM

Jul 2007
Im going to finish off the first season and leave it at that i think, never really got into this series enough to force myself on another season.
Apr 9, 2008 8:21 AM

Apr 2007
The amount of hostility in this thread is amazing.
Apr 9, 2008 9:14 AM

Apr 2008
Hostility? all I see is love

apenas nao leia, e nao tem problema
Apr 9, 2008 10:01 AM

Apr 2007
I'm not even going to bother with any predictions on the future until I've seen more of the series. I will say that it is good to see Lelouch's arbitrary arm flailing coming back. He could out out his enemies' eyes if they only stood to one side of him.
Apr 9, 2008 10:44 AM

Oct 2006
....Look, on topic! >D

I, um...don't think I understood what's going on exactly, but that seems to happen to me a lot watching Code Geass. >.> While I have my theories on what happened, I shall keep them to myself in lieu of being flamed by those here who like to write many more word about this than I do. =P

Anywho, I can't really I'm particularly enthralled by the way this second season has opened up, ESPECIALLY since I watched the epic ending of Season 1 minutes before starting Season 2. That's a huge letdown in my momentum right there.

And unlike most people so far, I love the opening AND the ending. Though that may just be my Orange Range bias shining through.
Apr 9, 2008 1:18 PM
Nov 2007
What can I say, I loved it and I'm glad they chose this way to start out. About the only thing I didn't like were the theme songs, but they'll probably grow on me in a few episodes.

I can't wait to find out what happened to Nunnaly, who Rollo is and what his purpose is, and how/why Lelouch lost his memories in the first place.
Apr 9, 2008 2:27 PM

Aug 2007
AngelLily said:
The amount of hostility in this thread is amazing.

Isn't that common with hugely popular shows? xD
Apr 9, 2008 5:51 PM
Feb 2008
Woa, I can't believe it didn't start off with a continuation of the cliff hanger. Really not sure what to make of it at this point. I only hope it's all fleshed out fast!

Apr 9, 2008 6:00 PM

Jul 2007
Otakuman said:
Woa, I can't believe it didn't start off with a continuation of the cliff hanger. Really not sure what to make of it at this point. I only hope it's all fleshed out fast!

I can. They switched to a new time slot. There's been a lnog break between the last ep and this one. There's several reasons why starting right at the end of ep 25 is a bad call.

Sam is my sweet peach
Apr 9, 2008 8:21 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Tenma said:
first episode was awesome, looks like they will pull off a great second season from first impressions. Which is always iffy in the anime world as sequels rarely turn out wel.l

Be careful, this is not simply a sequel. IT WAS PLANNED to have TWO season. It's not like "oh whis is getting popular, i will make a second season" like Gundam Seed Destiny....Same thing can be said to Gundam 00.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 9, 2008 8:42 PM

Aug 2007
jimbo1023 said:
I'm not even going to bother with any predictions on the future until I've seen more of the series. I will say that it is good to see Lelouch's arbitrary arm flailing coming back. He could out out his enemies' eyes if they only stood to one side of him.

Haha, I know! He's got that "must-flail-like-I'm-writing-in-my-Death-Note" kind of thing going on. ;)

I just finished the first episode from Eclipse, and now I'm going to check out gg's version to see which one I prefer. If nothing else, perhaps it'll be a little less confusing this time around. However, I'm sure most of our questions will be answered in upcoming episodes. One thing I can say for sure is that I love the ending art.
Apr 9, 2008 9:30 PM
Jan 2007
Kenrokuen said:
Chinese looks like actors in the shaw brother films...

I was a little annoyed by Gaohai's (?) design. Kinda extreme with the makeup. Since when did the Chinese dress like that D: I liked Li's design though.
Apr 9, 2008 9:57 PM

Mar 2008
So Lelouch was reading the Divine Comedy while driving to the building? Interesting.

Plus, what's with the pancratium-esque (the two "gladiators") tourney there?

This is just like ancient Rome...
Apr 10, 2008 5:52 AM

Apr 2007
Only the first ep has come out and already this board has nearly got 500 posts.

Keep em' coming!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2008 7:39 AM

Dec 2007
Kayro said:
Kenrokuen said:

Lelouch which insult zero, lol

Did you actually watched the episode?

Anyway, after re-watching this episode, I've noticed that this 1st episode was quite similar to the first episode of season 1:
Lelouch gets in the middle of the Eleven's actions (well, here they were after him, but it was still similar =P), after defeating a Britanian noble (not really a noble in R2, but he was still an important guy) in a chess match, C.C. is chased by Britanian soldiers, which end up being killed by Lelouch's Geass, after he made (re-made in this case) the contract with C.C., among other things (if this was already said, I'm not going to read all those pages, then ignore this).

Yeah. 6,000 people noticed it, but they called it cliche while I'm quite sure they did all that on purpose to make a sort of mirror image to S1's episode 1. Even the name is similar.

It seems like this whole series is pretty much going to be whether or not Lelouch can overcome the lure of Geass' power to turn one evil. So far he's done a crappy job about that but still. Maybe I'll get lucky and Sunrise will pull another Mai-HiMe. Uber-happy ending = win! :D

I'm curious as to what happened to wipe Lelouch's memory. I'm pretty sure Rolo (I keep thinking of Sanford and Son) is a figment of his imagination, but I guess they'll answer that next episode.

Anyone else noticed how conceited Lulu is?

I don't really call it conceited when you're right. But yeah, he's arrogant. But he's awesome so that's why it works for him. :D

Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 11, 2008 12:15 AM

Dec 2007
Kayro said:
Kenrokuen said:

Lelouch which insult zero, lol

Did you actually watched the episode?

Of course I watched it (but to rewatch it will be a pain), but at a moment Lelouch said something like "Zero is a fool" that makes me laugh >_<........
Apr 11, 2008 1:31 AM

Mar 2007
*evil laugh* The Dark Lord is back! xD

I was so confused at the start...like "WTF is goin' on?!"

But yeah, abut of "deja vu" in the final moments of the ep...looks promising!
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Apr 11, 2008 12:19 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm... that was very good ep. Loved it! And "Yes, Your Highness!" at the end... mrr :) So much questions again... huh :)
Apr 11, 2008 6:25 PM
Dec 2007
x6shinx said:
That was wow..

It kept me on the edge even though I understood about the words in the entire show...

mmm i liked it alot
Apr 12, 2008 1:21 AM

Nov 2007
Kallen in a bunny suit is never a bad thing.

Anyway, not disappointing for the first episode; don't really have much to say after that. Some of the new characters look interesting. I thought the OP was pretty good and the ED was decent, though I have to say that Colors still is the best of the Geass songs.
Looking forward to the next episode~
Apr 12, 2008 4:28 AM
Feb 2008
It was a bit too surreal.
Apr 12, 2008 7:30 AM

Oct 2007
I want to know why Lulu lose his memory?
and what happened to him when suzaku shot him?
why he didn't die?izzit because C.C safe him?

sorry for shooting questions...i'm not really remember what happened back then...
Apr 12, 2008 7:57 AM

Feb 2008
Jsheryl said:

sorry for shooting questions...i'm not really remember what happened back then...

We don't know who shot, all we heard was the gunshot, nothing more. It could have even been Kallen who shot (at who, I have no idea). But I hope they answers the questions, that this first episode and the last episode of S1 created, very soon.
Apr 12, 2008 9:16 AM

Jan 2008
I really liked it.
All Lelouch lost memories, Rollo and the chinese guy was so cool!
Apr 12, 2008 1:58 PM

Jul 2007
they need to print posters for some of the artwork during the ED
Apr 12, 2008 2:20 PM

Sep 2007
Episode 1 was so... random ><
Apr 13, 2008 1:50 AM

Oct 2007
Kayro said:
Jsheryl said:

We don't know who shot, all we heard was the gunshot, nothing more. It could have even been Kallen who shot (at who, I have no idea). But I hope they answers the questions, that this first episode and the last episode of S1 created, very soon.

Thanks a lot!
Apr 13, 2008 5:43 AM

Mar 2008
TVtropes said that Suzaku simply shot Lelouch's shoulder...o_O

where'd they get THAT information?
Apr 13, 2008 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
I enjoyed the entire episode, the difference in animation quality, Rollo's ability which got him away from Kallen, Kallen hiding her Guren Nishki ignition between her breasts was great too, while I think my favorite part was C.C.x Lelouch moments and C.C freaking out that Britannian leader when she just stood up like that bullet was nothing. ;D

Like many have said before this was a parallel to Episode 1 done on purpose. I think it's obvious one of the ideas behind this episode is to encourage people to watch or buy the first season because many things will not make sense without doing so(C.C. taking the bullet, Kallen's custom Knightmare, the situation Ougi and Chiba talk about, and that bastard Suzaku)
And I love the Opening^^
All in all 5/5 for me.
Apr 13, 2008 9:23 AM

Mar 2008
if this would be a parallel to season 1, they'd have a worried Rollo commanding that new Knightmare Frame against Zero

mirror, mirror
Apr 14, 2008 1:44 PM

Jan 2008
I am so confused.
<3
Apr 14, 2008 1:45 PM

Jun 2007
finally got around posting here... 12 pages.. wow....

this episode resembled the first episode of season one so much... i actually thought it was ingenious.

i dont like rollo, and i think he is behind everything...

CC x lulu kiss was cute... but really.... such a moment to kiss...

lulu in zero's personality = win

i want to find out what kallen thinks of lulu now... IMO ingenious and awesome episode.
Apr 14, 2008 7:14 PM

Aug 2007
Awesome episode. I'm really hoping they dont pull a "Claymore" and ruin this series.
Apr 15, 2008 8:28 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome! Was waiting for this to continue. I had to lagh when C.C. got shot. I'm curious to see how this will get finished though, lotta loose ends.
Apr 17, 2008 9:29 AM

Jul 2007
Oh noes, i actually got hooked on Code Geass.. the show ive been avoiding for so many months :(
May 25, 2008 4:38 AM

Jan 2008
Frenz said:
Oh noes, i actually got hooked on Code Geass.. the show ive been avoiding for so many months :(
Same.

So many questions i want answered!
May 31, 2008 9:33 PM

Feb 2008
I can sum up this episode really quickly. Remember last season? Well that basically never happened (except for zero existing).
Jun 12, 2008 10:18 PM

Jun 2008
Woooah.. was it just me or did that whole part where C.C. showed up again seem like an exact copy of the first ep of CG S1?? Except with different people ^^

Buuut... AWESOMENESS!!!! O_e

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 13, 2008 6:53 AM

Jan 2008
michaelmcp said:
I can sum up this episode really quickly. Remember last season? Well that basically never happened (except for zero existing).

lol that is not true... at least I don't believe u'd say it so...
It seems everyone connected lost their memory. But u must notice the fact Lulu IS zero and that he was recognized by black knights.
What u r suggesting is... ilusive.
Spoil about DEATH NOTE
WerchielJun 13, 2008 6:57 AM
Jun 24, 2008 12:00 PM

May 2008
Definitely a Death Note reference! ^_^

I must say that I'm very impressed and I believe that the second season will be brilliant just like the first. Episode 1 is starts off very boldly and it goes as if Lelouch and Suzaku never pointed a gun at each other,as if the first season didn't even happen... no details are given about Lulu's memory loss (how the hell did that happen) and now we see he has a younger brother! (O_o) Of course we won't learn what happened right away =P I like this suspense.

EDIT: Don't miss bunny-girl Kallen =^_^=

DarkShinesJun 24, 2008 12:06 PM
Jun 29, 2008 7:23 PM

Oct 2007
S2 ep 1 = S1 ep1 + Death Note Ownage as usual...
Jun 30, 2008 12:50 PM

Jan 2008
belial said:
S2 ep 1 = S1 ep1 + Death Note Ownage as usual...

Frankly, I believe many people can see the general Death Note influences in Code Geass, from the beginning, but that's probably too simple a description, even regarding this episode.

I do not wish to spoil the arcs in question, but I'd argue the differences outweigh the similarities, even as far as a certain scene goes.
Aug 25, 2008 8:03 PM

May 2008
It begins..
Aug 27, 2008 10:11 PM

Aug 2007
Ahaha it so reminded me of Death Note when he regained his memories XDDDD

I felt lost during the whole episode till that part XD (Maybe it's because I started it right after watching the first season, and so I was to use to the first season and all)

I mean it was kind of obvious he lost his memories, but I just felt lost XD
I'm assuming Nunnally died... because randomly he has this new brother that came oiut of the middle of no where o__o (which is what was a big reason I felt lost during this episode XD) And it seems like that brother was his world now, or something along those lines X3
Sep 11, 2008 10:57 AM

Jun 2008
This begins quite messed up, I hope this will clear up with time. Did Nunaly swap gender, or what? xD Also Karen as a bunny girl, I still don't know what to think of this series~
Sep 14, 2008 12:39 PM

Mar 2008
An original start for the 2nd season. So Lelouch's memories were sealed, but he got them back quite easily ^^
Sep 14, 2008 5:39 PM
Nov 2007
this OP makes me wanna dance :x
Oct 31, 2008 7:34 PM

Aug 2008
Mass memory lost?? And stuff that appear to be huge plot-holes? I'am willing to buy it and see how it turns out... this is gonna take ALOT of explanations, though.
Nonetheless, 2nd season promises to be more epic than it's succesor. I look forward to watching this.
Nov 12, 2008 3:04 PM

May 2008
Kinda... what the hell was that?
Nov 17, 2008 8:02 AM

Aug 2008
Even though its now dubbed I'm still going to catch up with the subbed version
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1904 by felipecardel »»
May 30, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

576 by bubba460z »»
May 28, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TechnicsMKII - Sep 21, 2008

370 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

306 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

431 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.