Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2021 12:58 AM
Dec 2020
The 2/3 part of the episode almost got me to believe of a sequel potential. But no, it ended with ThePromisedNeverlandS2.pptx lol
Mar 26, 2021 1:02 AM

Feb 2021
wait... did i just watch a 20 minute slideshow? well played cloverworks, you got me good. 😅
Protesters, assemble!!
Mar 26, 2021 1:02 AM
Oct 2018
That episode was legitimately terrible on every level. The story they wrote for this was abysmal and then they didn’t even put any effort into animating this garbage either. This episode alone lowered my score of this show by 2 points.
Mar 26, 2021 1:11 AM
May 2017
AnimeNerd99 said:
If the episode ended after the gate closed, I'd have been fine with it. until that point I thought the episode was the best possible way to end the show given the rest of the season. Instead, we get a damn slideshow of.... well I'm not entirely sure what that was supposed to be. I get the kids who escaped into the human world but Emma and the rest doing whatever I have no idea.

Anyone know what manga chapter I should at?

I think season 1 ended on chapter 36-38, not completely sure but I’d just start there since this season was terrible and barely adapted the manga while also adapting most of it somehow, never thought it was possible.
Mar 26, 2021 1:29 AM

Apr 2020
I thought the anime was going too fast, but this just took it to whole other level. My goodness. There's no way I can give this a score higher than a 6. Sigh, here's hoping for a remake or something...
Mar 26, 2021 1:32 AM
Aug 2019
Worst adapations ever ,fast pace shitty content ,plotholes everywhere ,joke strategies, since the rating system minimum is 1/10 so it is 1/10 if no sry i will rate it 0/10 ,totally hurts . Even if the seasom get a reboot it might not as thriling as before ,they ruined everything here
Mar 26, 2021 1:34 AM

Apr 2017
I regret watching this.

That's all. Fucking regret.
Mar 26, 2021 1:59 AM
Dec 2020
In my opinion this anime was made to be aired in cartoon network. They left the intense thrill of season 1 and made it kid friendly. Still loved it because of the synopsis and ray . 5/10
Mar 26, 2021 2:02 AM

Mar 2018
what a cringe ending
Mar 26, 2021 2:02 AM
Sep 2019
Before this episode I rated this season 4/10, but this last episode was so shameless and insulting that I'll have to settle for a 1/10. It's a masterpiece in it's own right, I don't think anybody else would have been able to reach this level of disaster, still being somewhat similar to the manga. Just great.
Mar 26, 2021 2:35 AM

Jul 2013
That Ratri guy deadass SLIT HIS OWN THROAT to avoid Emma talking about friendship anymore. That was so metal. The totally clean knife in the next shot kinda ruined it, but it was still hardcore.

And everyone else lives happily ever after! I thought that Isabella was going to die for sure.

Well that was a trainwreck. If I hadn't read the last 15 chapters of the manga the other day, I'd be more confused now, asking questions like, "Who is the psychic-type Pokemon floating next to a one-eyed dragon?"

The writers were like, "You know what would be a great ending to the series? A slideshow featuring stuff we never brought up that will be incomprehensible to the people who didn't read the manga! We really should have mentioned some of those things, and maybe animated them, but whatever."

Seriously, wtf was the budget for this show? 11 episodes, but two and a half episodes had almost no animation. There was also a recap episode. And that one big red CGI demon.

Well, I'm going to pretend that this season never happened, unless I feel like ragging on it.
Mar 26, 2021 2:53 AM
Apr 2020
Probably the most rushed ending he I've even seen in an anime.. The finale felt so underwhelming but atleast they concluded it with an complete ending... That's enough for me..

I will seal my final score with a 7/10. No complains with the lowest score as of now. I'm really sad right now that this 2nd season falls hugely compared to the masterpiece 1st season...
Mar 26, 2021 3:01 AM
Nov 2017
Man this slideshow was pretty good, although I thought this was supposed to be an anime and not a powerpoint presentation
Mar 26, 2021 3:03 AM
Nov 2017
Question for the manga readers, did the studio just rush everything and made a slideshow with timeskips and didn't bother animating them saving the other kids or did the manga do the same?
Mar 26, 2021 3:12 AM
Dec 2019
I loved both season hope they get enough success that they make the movie of fast-forwarded part
Mar 26, 2021 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
I want to interview the Mangaka so bad JUST to pinpoint and find out what went wrong:

-Did the Mangaka choke and ran out of ideas?
-Did the criticism regarding the way the manga ended get to the Mangaka?
-Does the Mangaka not like his own work at the end of the day as he gave up/sabotaged it along the way?
-Did someone fed and convinced the Mangaka with bad ideas to affect his decision makings?

So many questions.

I never thought anything would surpass Tokyo Ghoul in this department but boy oh boy... 😆
Mar 26, 2021 3:22 AM

Dec 2017
really hoped that they could miraculously make the show better with the masterpiece ending but ofc not. everything was so rushed...i respected the fact that the anime went original but maybe if u didn't rush so much, then maybe it could have turned out alright. and why did they even try to include some stuffs from the manga like the queen demon, the promise, etc...literally like less than 30 seconds screentime, you might as well 'went original' and literally dont show it. then theres those half-ass emotional scene, people crying and shit but how do u expect us to feel emotional and sad when we just literally reunited with them an episode ago. what are we supposed to feel emotional for?? the fact that we're gonna see all of them back literally a minute later? then there were those montage of pictures...i was gonna say has this become a picture drama? but reading some posts, yes powerpoint slides suit it better. the powerpoint slides go to show how rushed this was, instead of even adding another episode to see how emma redo the promise, they just pretty much put some pictures, to wrap it as fast as possible i am just disappointed...s1 was a masterpiece and the manga was also near a masterpiece...i really looked forward for s2 and decided stick with it till the end despite how shit it was, hoping that it would get better but ofc not. now i only wish that one day...one day there might be another adaptation that is actually good.
KishuoMar 26, 2021 3:26 AM

Mar 26, 2021 3:26 AM

Jun 2020
Wow. 10/10. So good. I liked... the ost they played over their powerpoint presentation.

SickDuck said:
Question for the manga readers, did the studio just rush everything and made a slideshow with timeskips and didn't bother animating them saving the other kids or did the manga do the same?

The ending was a little different in the manga. But yeah, they summarized an entire arc with 1 still frame.
Mar 26, 2021 3:32 AM

Sep 2020
Glad this ended, yakusoku no neverland manga was the first manga i ever finished and after finishing the manga i was really excited for the second season and had high hopes for the goldy pond arc and then after watching the first episode i realised that many things are skipped and it's pretty rushed and i thiught that they would end this season after the forest arc and then after the 3rd episode where we didn't get to see yuugo and then it was announced that it's gonna go anime original i felt really bad but i still kept hope and kept watching it and i have never been much disappointed by any other series than this overall season rating-1
Mar 26, 2021 4:03 AM
Sep 2015
Underwhelming.
I liked the fact that they forgave Isabella and the other mothers but that's it.
They introduced the queen in the last episode and then Mujika took her place. Just like that. 🥴🥴

I rate this season 7/10 and I know I'm still being generous.
Mar 26, 2021 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
Yayyy! A slideshow and then they came back to the human world. 😃
Mar 26, 2021 4:53 AM
Apr 2020
While I enjoyed the season, I really can't say I enjoyed it anywhere near as much as season 1. It all felt really rushed after a few episodes.
Mar 26, 2021 5:00 AM

Mar 2020
Manga ending was so satisfactory. But the anime....I seriously cant find the right words to describe my experience because it saying it was bad is a understatement.. Anyways tpn season 2 doesnt exist there is only season 1 in my opinion
Mar 26, 2021 5:13 AM

Sep 2008
Although not as wonderful as the 1st Season, I still found the 2nd Season to be great... despite the fact they ended up cutting several parts of the manga and rushing some others in order to wrap the animated adaptation as a whole

As for the ending: although I agree they should have actually made some animation to it... I actually prefer it to the one from the manga (which I didn't actually like, despite its originality)
Mar 26, 2021 5:39 AM

Jan 2020
The fact that I had to watch this garbage for an hour because my internet connection was so ass was fucking torture. This whole season is just awful.

Mar 26, 2021 5:40 AM
Mar 2021
The second season is just terrible from the first season. I'm really confused in the story. i thought the "promise" is reason why the kids are not allowed from entering the human world. like the humans also agreed to not let them enter the human world. yeah, they found a solution so that the demons won't eat the humans. Use the demon girl's blood. But, why didn't they have done that in the first place??
Mar 26, 2021 5:58 AM

Mar 2011
so awful smh

what a bad ending
Mar 26, 2021 6:01 AM
Apr 2008
the heck just happened??
Mar 26, 2021 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
So every demon in the world was like "yay we don't need human meat anymore! Let's let them all leave! I have a new favorite food now!"

Even Sonju wanted to eat (wild) humans, and he was with Mujija all along.
Mar 26, 2021 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
Disgraceful, incompetent, abysmal, embarrassing. All are words I'd use to describe this second season of Neverland, and even a lot of that feels very, very generous. Everyone involved in this second season should be utterly ashamed of themselves for putting something so poorly paced, so awfully-plotted out. Worse, they've actively damaged a lot of what made season 1 good with some of these later developments.

And then they gloss over all the huge developments in a slide show as if it's all inconsequential, yet they somehow find time to waste on those two dumb brats dicking around and causing problems at every turn.

An absolute disaster. Even 4/10 feels generous.
Mar 26, 2021 7:12 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, I honestly thought they were setting up another season were Emma and group would maybe go to goldy pond and all that and they'd just switched around the arcs, but nope they fucking squeezed dozens of chapters, multiple arcs into a slideshow with a few fucking slides. If I didn't read the manga I would have probably enjoyed it a bit more, because I wouldn't know how much better it could actually be, even so it would have still been pretty bad if I wasn't a manga reader.

I did like a few small things though like Isabella, the human world drip and grown up Phil annnnnd that's it. Oh, and the OST in that slideshow lmao, it only made me remember of how good this once was, a shame. 3/10 The lowest score I've ever given something, that says a lot.
Mar 26, 2021 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
I expected more from the end, the more I really liked the episode.
Mar 26, 2021 7:27 AM

Mar 2016
What the fuck was that rushed ending. It felt like it was never going to end with the constant forced emotion this series gives off but it all wrapped up ironically minutes later. This is beyond bad. Nothing is ever explained, like how they 'changed the world'. They just whimsically say they did and bam, a 'change' montage and a timeskip. Talk about lazy - what a piece of garbage. How is this not sub 6 yet.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Mar 26, 2021 7:39 AM

Sep 2012
Moshi moshi, the anime police called and wants it terribly shitty pacing back.

I knew as soon as I opened the episode that I would get assaulted by a cluster fuck of things happening in a 20 minute time span. How did Emma and Co save every human in the demon world in a 1 minute picture montage wtf?
Mar 26, 2021 7:41 AM

Dec 2018
UkRs said:
Comparing this to attack on titan reveal's of outside world..
WHAT A JOKE!
never been i felt so lacklusting on an ending so mediocre.. and just.. empty.. This season was devoid of any thrill the s1 had.. the plot went so many places but no actual route..
the Plot twists were so uncalled for that they just felt weird.. Atleast the Ratri guy had enuf of Emma's BS and commited sudoku..
5/10..

Speaking of uncalled plot twists, what happened to Sonju saying he wanted to eat humans? Did the writers just forget about that plot point? It was pretty important right? Because if one demon still wants to eat humans despite the fact that he does not need to what is stopping other demons from thinking the same?

The only answer I could think of was the fucking screen time.
Mar 26, 2021 7:46 AM
Aug 2016
Im really sad with how they treated this masterpiece.It deserved so much better than the final scene being adopted with a power point.Litelaly im about to cry with the way the butchered this show.Im just sad.
Mar 26, 2021 7:58 AM
Sep 2012
"bUt ThIs AdApTaTiOn Is So BaD"

Well shame, cause I'm giving it a 8/10 anyway
Mar 26, 2021 8:08 AM

Apr 2020
The first half was pretty cringy.
The second half was better, some frames got nice smiles on my face.
So the story in the anime is completely over.
Time to read the manga.
--AbiSa--
Mar 26, 2021 8:33 AM
Jul 2019
Also, Emma has to be one of the worst anime protagonists I have ever seen.

Uni-dimensional character with zero personality, zero character development and does nothing but talk no jutsu everyone to her side.
Mar 26, 2021 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
UkRs said:
Comparing this to attack on titan...

Is this a spoiler for Attack on Titan?
Mar 26, 2021 8:51 AM

Jul 2020
Holy shit, I had a good laugh those last 2 minutes or so of slideshow timeskip. Geez, this really should be a 1/10 or 2/10, but I'm going to be generous and give it a 3/10. It is like they forgot some of the plot points they mentioned in the first half and decided for the finale to emotionally-guilt trip us into liking this shitshow.

Mar 26, 2021 9:15 AM
Jan 2018
Thank God that’s over. What a dumpster fire: like damn, and I thought the manga had a bad ending but wow. This is an awful adaption
Mar 26, 2021 9:20 AM

Dec 2012
This is the "How to compress an entire season into a 3 minute AMV to place it to the end of the episode and call it a day" tutorial.
I can only laugh right now because this abomination worth no tears. 3/10 just because the first few episodes were on track.
Mar 26, 2021 9:21 AM

Jun 2016
Imagine making a second season finale only the manga readers can understand, while previously raising the middle finger to all manga readers. This guys succeded in making everyone angry. Seriously, why would they go with the route of "we dont have money, so let's make a Power-Point presentation last episode that can sum up all the events of the manga." Now everyone is angry; the manga readers who got their dreams shattered and the anime-only watchers who have no idea what those final panels were about and who felt the constant dread of having to watch a show with a grueling pace as this one.

Cool art from Pozuka Demizu tho. Hope he can work in future projects as well. I just hope this thing doesn't damage his career in any way.
Mar 26, 2021 9:21 AM
Dec 2018
The ending was.... Fine (I don't know what to say about it honestly) :p But i have some questions.

How did the lever for the elevator work when it wasn't working before?

Also there are some scenes which i dont get.

What is this? Emma is on water and there is a weird one eye guy

Emma and others shouldn't have been in the human world yet so was there a human town in the demon world or something? Lol
Mar 26, 2021 9:22 AM
Dec 2018
FinalFlash18 said:
The sequel wasn't as intense as the first season, but I've got a soft spot for happy endings no matter how far fetched or cliched they may seem. So the ending was nice and heartwarming imo.
Couldn't recognize who was who in some of the still shots in the human world tho.

The first season was way better
Mar 26, 2021 9:23 AM
Dec 2018
Kirukato05 said:
Probably the most rushed ending he I've even seen in an anime.. The finale felt so underwhelming but atleast they concluded it with an complete ending... That's enough for me..

I will seal my final score with a 7/10. No complains with the lowest score as of now. I'm really sad right now that this 2nd season falls hugely compared to the masterpiece 1st season...

Thats exactly what i think ;-;
Mar 26, 2021 9:25 AM
Jul 2019
Dotxyz said:
The ending was.... Fine (I don't know what to say about it honestly) :p But i have some questions.

How did the lever for the elevator work when it wasn't working before?

Also there are some scenes which i dont get.

What is this? Emma is on water and there is a weird one eye guy

Emma and others shouldn't have been in the human world yet so was there a human town in the demon world or something? Lol

I asked about that dragon on reddit and someone answered me :

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/md5syg/yakusoku_no_neverland_season_2_episode_11/gs9busi?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

As for the humans, I don't know, maybe genius Norman pulled out another drug out of his arse like the degeneration drug and turned all demons to humans ? lol.
Mar 26, 2021 9:25 AM
Dec 2018
SickDuck said:
Man this slideshow was pretty good, although I thought this was supposed to be an anime and not a powerpoint presentation

Lmao that made me laugh and the slideshow was confusing (speaking as pov of someone who didnt read the manga)
Mar 26, 2021 9:27 AM
Dec 2018
towelgirl21 said:
So every demon in the world was like "yay we don't need human meat anymore! Let's let them all leave! I have a new favorite food now!"

Even Sonju wanted to eat (wild) humans, and he was with Mujija all along.

Lmfao seems like thats what happened xDdd
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0o-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.