Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 16, 2021 2:11 PM

Sep 2020
Jin_uzuki said:
Honestly, I don't even understand what Gou is trying to SAY. The original asked you "Is the culprit human or the curse" and disseminated various clues as well touched various subjects such as child abuse, senseless violence and paranoia (And this is only the question arcs, Kai's themes are clear cut) Like, how is Gou even going to end without crapping on the original?

If you give the story a happy ending, why did you take this girl's happy ending away just to give it back to her after putting her through this inhumane, senseless torture? If you give her a bad ending, you just take a fat, big shit on Kai and Rei's themes rending them completely meaninglessness to the point they may as well not exist.

It could still be nice and lead somewhere (I... think?) if the ones behind this was...

... but somehow I highly doubt it. And it still doesn't answer what/who is killing here now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Forum avatar by © dorg
Jan 16, 2021 2:52 PM

Aug 2019
I know we're like 2 EP's from the answer, but I think I've figured out what happened in Tokyo. Not because of Gou, but since I'm reading the VN, the original is becoming fresh again. I'll try to reproduce what I was thinking yesterday, my head isn't quite clear today.

It was already discussed here, Takano's plans were probably discovered, and she convinces Tomitake to bail out with her, not a big deal, that's not the part I'm focusing on. Idc about Takano's intentions.

They're probably still pulling parts of the emergency plan. Assuming Rika was still getting murdered in the first 2 arcs, they're probably aware that Dr. Takano was wrong about the hysteria upon the death of the Queen Carrier. So I'm assuming that the yamainu, which aren't working for Takano atm, are putting an end to Rika to erase the possibility of Takano's plans in GHD of ever being pulled out.

Now the most important thing is their priorities. Main priority is that the HS never comes to public. Second priority is getting rid of everyone that is L3 or above. Rena isn't killed in Wata/Tataridamashi because they probably don't know about her conditions, ok. Idk what's her stage either, but it's certainly not L1, maybe L2. Keiichi is erased in Onidamashi by the nurse because of his condition. But my focus here is on Satoko.

In Onidamashi, she was with Rika. Rika's disappearance would make the village mobilize to find her, so it was probably easier to forge the scene as a murder/suicide to get rid of both.

In Watadamashi, they had to lure Mion outside to be able to neutralize her without suspicion, so they used Satoko to lure her out. Gave her phony information about Rika, anything, doesn't matter. When they neutralized Mion and Satoko, the police heard the gunshots, so they wouldn't have the time to clean the scene, that's why they forged a crime scene again. They swapped the guns because maybe Mion's gun was never used, so it'd be fully charged, and it would have a bullet mismatch. So they left the gun used to kill both, again to look as a murder/suicide, and confiscated Mion's gun.

Tataridamashi is where the things start to get weird. This is the part I give up trying to find an explanation. From there and beyond, Rika is always being killed by Rule X. It's probably just pointing out that this time, literally any random person succumbs to the HS. This was probably the first time ever in all the loops that anyone reaches L5 besides Rika's friends, hence why her surprise.

The next four loops are just random people succumbing to HS, and probably their only purpose is to skip Rika's countdown. These arcs have little to no context, with a little of resemblance to the og arcs:
Himatsudamashi -> Akasaka's wish he could've helped Rika
Meakadamashi -> Akane (same behavior as Shion)
Minadamashi -> Kiichirou (Offering Rika as a sacrifice reminds me of Takano performing the watanagashi)
Tsumidamashi -> Keiichi says the exact same thing as he says when he's fighting Rena on the roof.

Like I said, the 4 loops in Nekodamashi have no context imo, I'm just fabricating a context. I found most of them ridiculous and didn't take them seriously at all, it became a farce comedy. How can Rika talk normally after being stabbed in the neck? lmao. What's funny is that everything ends at 15th June in Akane's arc and 13th June in Keiichi's arc, Rika is not even being able to catch a breath lol. From all the short clips, the only context I found interesting fas Kimiyoshi offering Rika as a sacrifice. Also, I want to point out again that Satoko just seems to be feigning dead at the cafe, but Satoko sus will probably end up being as a red herring.
rafaelfserafimJan 16, 2021 2:58 PM
Jan 16, 2021 2:57 PM

Oct 2014
FragOutFire said:
ack. It's hard to drop this show because i liked the original so much, but this is nothing like the original. It's so dead inside, so transparent and joyless. There's no horror, there's no mystery, and they even failed to make you feel sad torturing a little girl because it's so lacking in emotion and storytelling.

Personally I'm rooting for a decisively bad ending where Rika either suffers forever, or Hanyu is pulled into the real world and murdered, or the entire world gets infected by Hinamizawa syndrome, because at least then it would be interesting and different. But this show cannot be salvaged for me. And going by the votes, for a lot of other people too.
Exactly this.
I don't even know anymore who it is to blame the most,
Directing? Recording? Writing? It just feels... or frankly, it DOESN'T Feel.

After my hope was wiped away, once again after ep 14, I'm starting to want a bad end as well.
Rather than making this a show like "Yeah just skip the first 13-15 episodes and watch the interesting end" I'm starting to wish it turns out to be "just skip it all together and go read the VN or watch Umineko or something"
irrfan1378595783 said:

I hope this will overcome and gain some score. Yeah maybe the art style not good but personally I did like both of the versions. I hope it will not get rejected by fans. I really wanna see the second season reboot as well
Yeah, not happening.
Well the score might rise, and it might get a second season too, but OG 2nd season is not happening. We already basically saw Minagoroshi as the 3rd chapter here, Matsuribayashi isn't happening cause this whole thing is different.
chitchawa said:

this is contiuing off that since now the audience and rika are both completely blind because we know everything she does. when the original asked questions like curse coincidence or culprit, its because it still had questions to ask for people that are blind to the logic and understanding of higurashi's world.
Well yeah, both Rika and Audience are "blind", but it shouldn't really be like that.
Rika knows what we know? Not 100% sure what you wanted to mean by this, but it definitely feels like we know a lot more than Rika.
If Rika even knew as much Rika (which is kinda how it should be) she would be acting differently.

Hype is the wrong word, but really waiting for what kind of pulls they are gonna throw at as trying to explain all that has happened.
Which I hardly doubt will be easily digested.
Most likely gonna just be like "X did Y to 'each character who went mad'" and that's it.
sarazanmai said:
Let's all just forget and enjoy how the OG had an atmosphere and took itself seriously :)

Ah damn, rewatching this reminded me of how vastly different the athmosphere was in Deen's.
Even if Deen wasn't 100% the same as VN, I still can't understand how people here seem to claim GOU is what Deen missed...
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Jan 16, 2021 3:12 PM

Aug 2019
Hulio said:
FragOutFire said:
ack. It's hard to drop this show because i liked the original so much, but this is nothing like the original. It's so dead inside, so transparent and joyless. There's no horror, there's no mystery, and they even failed to make you feel sad torturing a little girl because it's so lacking in emotion and storytelling.

Personally I'm rooting for a decisively bad ending where Rika either suffers forever, or Hanyu is pulled into the real world and murdered, or the entire world gets infected by Hinamizawa syndrome, because at least then it would be interesting and different. But this show cannot be salvaged for me. And going by the votes, for a lot of other people too.
Exactly this.
I don't even know anymore who it is to blame the most,
Directing? Recording? Writing? It just feels... or frankly, it DOESN'T Feel.

After my hope was wiped away, once again after ep 14, I'm starting to want a bad end as well.
Rather than making this a show like "Yeah just skip the first 13-15 episodes and watch the interesting end" I'm starting to wish it turns out to be "just skip it all together and go read the VN or watch Umineko or something"
I'm with you guys here, I hope this ends up a thing that can be skipped out entirely, just like the meme "There's only the VN, manga and the spin-off fighting game of Umineko." Because, honestly, this felt so far as a really huge waste of time and expectation.

Hulio said:
chitchawa said:

this is contiuing off that since now the audience and rika are both completely blind because we know everything she does. when the original asked questions like curse coincidence or culprit, its because it still had questions to ask for people that are blind to the logic and understanding of higurashi's world.
Well yeah, both Rika and Audience are "blind", but it shouldn't really be like that.
Rika knows what we know? Not 100% sure what you wanted to mean by this, but it definitely feels like we know a lot more than Rika.
If Rika even knew as much Rika (which is kinda how it should be) she would be acting differently.
Imo this hasn't changed from the original. In the end we get to know a lot more than Rika, not only because of her memories on the day of her death, but we get to see something she never saw, the aftermath. She wouldn't be stuck in a 100 years loop if she got to know what happened after she dies, and the same thing applies in Gou. If she did, she would've known that GHD never happened in Gou and would change of plan in Watadamashi already. Well, she kinda did, but because she took the events from Watanagashi/Meakashi to repeat for certain.
rafaelfserafimJan 16, 2021 3:15 PM
Jan 16, 2021 3:26 PM

Jan 2016
the memes in this topic are p good tho
Jan 16, 2021 3:31 PM

Sep 2020
Those people scrething their neck violently gave me anguish.
Oh guy, heavy episode.
Jan 16, 2021 3:50 PM

Dec 2020
This episode certainly was entertaining, in a good and a bad way.

After the great episode 14 this development was somewhat expected. I can't say I didn't like this episode, but it was somewhat of a letdown.

The more this story continues the more I feel like the story of this anime isn't bad at all, but the directing and animation just sucks.

If someone told me before Gou, that I would get to see a new mystery where Rika gets pulled back into tragedy again, with a new mystery full of new culprits, a possible new mastermind and a seemingly complete change of the existing rules then I would have been completely hyped.

Add to that the possibility of this turning out to be a prequel for Umineko, an origins story for one of the most interesting characters of the When They Cry franchise and on paper this sounds like it could have been a dream come true.

Even with this current development of Rika getting murdered by people who have never shown any Hinamizawa Syndrom symptoms in the 100 years of loops this is actually a really interesting plot. Why on earth would someone like Oishi start murdering kids? Why would someone like Akazaka be convinced that a little girl would be the reason for parasites in his body?

These could have been such interesting arcs by themselves. Just imagine the complete mindfuck of watching Akasaka murdering Rika after an actual buildup of several episodes. Imagine the drama of a devestated Rika who gets all her hopes shattered after desperately believing in her hero to save her out of this hopeless situation

Instead we get a time skip to a ridiculously animated Akasaka who spouts cringy nonsense and a Rika who simply says "Wow, never would have expected Akasaka murdering me. Next."

You know my complaint about this episode and about Gou overall isn't that the story is bad or that the mystery sucks and how this and that doesn't make sense because that's the kind of criticism that makes you look like you simply aren't interested in thinking about how this work actually could make sense or turn out to be a good mystery.

Instead what I really dislike about this anime is that there actually is an interesting plot and a mystery that can turn out to be a great one but the weird animations and drawings and the bad directing simply make this decent story look weird and in some scenes even ridiculous.

I really enjoyed watching Rika suffer in even more depressing ways than in the original arcs. That's the kind of change I actually appreciate since it's necessary to give her character development after her "happy end". But those scenes could have been so much more if we got time to feel attached to the characters and events. Sure we know about Rika's bad situation, but it would be so much more emotional to see Akasaka betray her when we were lead to believe that he was going to help her out of the loops.

Well, nontheless I'm going to stay optimistic about this. Because even the scenes that looked "ridiculous" in this episode can turn out to be clues of some sort. Maybe it's simply a way to make it clear to the viewer that this isn't the classic Hinamizawa Syndrom we are talking about but something or someone else that drives these people to behave like maniacs. Or maybe this even goes past beyond human behavior but is actually a completely new way of bringing the supernatural back into the equasion.

I am just happy that we get completele new content right now and I am actually still very excited for how this is going to turn out.

Other than that, did anyone recognize the Keropoyo plush cameo from Ciconia? I'm glad that this work gets a little easteregg as well since that's the When They Cry Sequel I am really hyped for.

EragurJan 16, 2021 3:55 PM
We'll be together for all eternity.

Jan 16, 2021 3:52 PM

Oct 2014
rafaelfserafim said:
I know we're like 2 EP's from the answer, but I think I've figured out what happened in Tokyo. Not because of Gou, but since I'm reading the VN, the original is becoming fresh again. I'll try to reproduce what I was thinking yesterday, my head isn't quite clear today.
Just to be sure, you mean the OG VNs right?
Well let's see what you've come up with.
It was already discussed here, Takano's plans were probably discovered, and she convinces Tomitake to bail out with her, not a big deal, that's not the part I'm focusing on. Idc about Takano's intentions.
I don't think this merely Takano being found out, in any excessive sense that is.
In Original they already kinda found out about everything, stepped on Takano and made them quit. I think this is what happened here too.
After that the Tokyo representative of X (forgot the names) contacted Takano which resulted in what happens in OG. I think that this part has been removed here.
They're probably still pulling parts of the emergency plan. Assuming Rika was still getting murdered in the first 2 arcs, they're probably aware that Dr. Takano was wrong about the hysteria upon the death of the Queen Carrier. So I'm assuming that the yamainu, which aren't working for Takano atm, are putting an end to Rika to erase the possibility of Takano's plans in GHD of ever being pulled out.
I think the Takano route is already over. Regardless of whether we pull the Umineko supporters on this, Takano has lost her Will.
As seen in the first chapter, it looks like the Yamainu are Packing in the clinic, seems to me that they're leaving.
Without orders from Takano, they won't do anything.
Takano's bosses could theoretically order them to act, but if they did, why won't they just use Takano?
Now the most important thing is their priorities. Main priority is that the HS never comes to public. Second priority is getting rid of everyone that is L3 or above. Rena isn't killed in Wata/Tataridamashi because they probably don't know about her conditions, ok. Idk what's her stage either, but it's certainly not L1, maybe L2. Keiichi is erased in Onidamashi by the nurse because of his condition.
They already were getting rid of evidence about HS in the OG, and if they'd want to in even more extent, then all they'd have to do is get rid of the high staff. No need to touch the Villagers.
The L3 point is also doubtful. Removing L3's doesn't mean of of L5 happening, and anyone could turn into L3 at any point. They'd have to do something like GHD, but anything we see isn't pointing to fact. If they don't know of Rena's conditions, why would they know of others'?
But my focus here is on Satoko. In Onidamashi, she was with Rika. Rika's disappearance would make the village mobilize to find her, so it was probably easier to forge the scene as a murder/suicide to get rid of both.
Keeping focus on Satoko is good. I've been sus of her since chapter 1.
In Watadamashi, they had to lure Mion outside to be able to neutralize her without suspicion, so they used Satoko to lure her out. Gave her phony information about Rika, anything, doesn't matter. When they neutralized Mion and Satoko, the police heard the gunshots, so they wouldn't have the time to clean the scene, that's why they forged a crime scene again. They swapped the guns because maybe Mion's gun was never used, so it'd be fully charged, and it would have a bullet mismatch. So they left the gun used to kill both, again to look as a murder/suicide, and confiscated Mion's gun.
Interestingly the Manga differs quite a bit from this. Satoko called everyone that Rika was missing and they went to their house. Where I believe they will find the bodies of Rika & Satoko, like seen at the end of the Onidamashi anime chapter. What comes to swapping guns, that doesn't make any sense. If Mion's gun wasn't use, all they'd have to do was to shoot could shots with it. I believe that there is 2 options.
A. from the moment Mion left the cell and entered the room where she died, she had lost her gun/regained new gun.
B. that's a gun Satoko got from somewhere and after using it, got rid of Mion's gun. Her goal of killing Rika was succeeded, and killing Mion was probably goal #2
Interesting to see how the Manga chapter ends to make full comparisons.
Tataridamashi is where the things start to get weird. This is the part I give up trying to find an explanation. From there and beyond, Rika is always being killed by Rule X. It's probably just pointing out that this time, literally any random person succumbs to the HS. This was probably the first time ever in all the loops that anyone reaches L5 besides Rika's friends, hence why her surprise.
The reason for Rika's surprisement is that the one who is crazy IS Ooishi. Ooishi by nature is someone who is somewhat "immune" to HS, it would literally make no sense to her that he is the crazy one - which frankly doesn't (tho it ofc it's possible).
Also to point out, Satoko invited K1 to her house to get rid of him.
K1 was attack by a bat (presumably Satoshi's) however he didn't kill anyone.
The person he was fighting was Ooishi hence Ooishi dragging the bat at the start of Nekodamashi.
And Satoko is ofc present to witness it all, cause she's the culprit.
The next four loops are just random people succumbing to HS, and probably their only purpose is to skip Rika's countdown. These arcs have little to no context, with a little of resemblance to the og arcs:
Minadamashi -> Kiichirou (Offering Rika as a sacrifice reminds me of Takano performing the watanagashi)
Tsumidamashi -> Keiichi says the exact same thing as he says when he's fighting Rena on the roof.
Yeah I believe you're right on this, just to pass some time and make this "horrifying" for us watchers.
Also, I want to point out again that Satoko just seems to be feigning dead at the cafe, but Satoko sus will probably end up being as a red herring.
Satoko probably was feigning her death, tho not necessarily. However she still the culprit who has no regards for her life.
I found most of them ridiculous and didn't take them seriously at all, it became a farce comedy.
This reminds me of Bernkastel actually:

"At the first time, I do my best to try again
against the inevitable tragedy.

In the second time, I become disgusted
towards the inevitable tragedy.

The third time, disgust is overwhelmed into painfulness.
But by the seventh time, this all becomes a farce comedy."
Jan 16, 2021 3:57 PM

Sep 2020
Come on.
I'm not a VN reader, so I have to ask.

Is this related to the game in any aspect?
Or has the story ended in S2 and all we're seeing here is nothing but edgy jibber-jabber

I'm liking the episodes tho
But it seems confused and rushed as well
Jan 16, 2021 4:02 PM

Oct 2014
Eragur said:

If someone told me before Gou, that I would get to see a new mystery where Rika gets pulled back into tragedy again, with a new mystery full of new culprits, a possible new mastermind and a seemingly complete change of the existing rules then I would have been completely hyped.

Add to that the possibility of this turning out to be a prequel for Umineko, an origins story for one of the most interesting characters of the When They Cry franchise and on paper this sounds like it could have been a dream come true.

Even with this current development of Rika getting murdered by people who have never shown any Hinamizawa Syndrom symptoms in the 100 years of loops this is actually a really interesting plot. Why on earth would someone like Oishi start murdering kids? Why would someone like Akazaka be convinced that a little girl would be the reason for parasites in his body?

These could have been such interesting arcs by themselves. Just imagine the complete mindfuck of watching Akasaka murdering Rika after an actual buildup of several episodes. Imagine the drama of a devestated Rika who gets all her hopes shattered after desperately believing in her hero to save her out of this hopeless situation
Exactly this, couldn't agree more.
And makes me wonder, why it wasn't like this?

Imagine instead of watching the start of Minagoroshi, 5 episodes of "fighting" the social workers, we would have had the beginning of Matsuribayashi (beside flashback). They'd fight, Akasaka would help them, only to result in Akasaka losing it. It would have had so much more built content that would have even promoted feeling on it.

I just don't see any reason why this has turned out to be what it is, and wonder if they're going to have any kind of acceptable ending for all this.

I really enjoyed watching Rika suffer in even more depressing ways than in the original arcs.
Sure sounds like Beatrice. Hora hora.
Jan 16, 2021 4:03 PM

Sep 2020
niko_sb said:
Come on.

Or has the story ended in S2 and all we're seeing here is nothing but edgy jibber-jabber

There are some parts of the story that are similar to the OG Higurashi, but this is a sequel and the events of the previous 2 episodes are completely original.
Jan 16, 2021 4:06 PM

Oct 2014
niko_sb said:
Come on.

No, not really. The first 3 episodes were kind of a edited mishmash of 3 VN arcs but that's it. And as far as I know, this Nekodamashi chapter has nothing to do with the Originals.

Then again this is sort of a sequel, so all these things happens after the VNs, but so far that's the only connection.
Jan 16, 2021 4:08 PM

Sep 2020
Oh, I see.
Yes, it seemed a bit strange to me.

But okay.
Jan 16, 2021 4:34 PM

Aug 2019
Hulio said:
rafaelfserafim said:
Just to be sure, you mean the OG VNs right?
Well let's see what you've come up with.
I don't think this merely Takano being found out, in any excessive sense that is.
In Original they already kinda found out about everything, stepped on Takano and made them quit. I think this is what happened here too.
After that the Tokyo representative of X (forgot the names) contacted Takano which resulted in what happens in OG. I think that this part has been removed here.
I think the Takano route is already over. Regardless of whether we pull the Umineko supporters on this, Takano has lost her Will.
As seen in the first chapter, it looks like the Yamainu are Packing in the clinic, seems to me that they're leaving.
Without orders from Takano, they won't do anything.
Takano's bosses could theoretically order them to act, but if they did, why won't they just use Takano?
Now the most important thing is their priorities. Main priority is that the HS never comes to public. Second priority is getting rid of everyone that is L3 or above. Rena isn't killed in Wata/Tataridamashi because they probably don't know about her conditions, ok. Idk what's her stage either, but it's certainly not L1, maybe L2. Keiichi is erased in Onidamashi by the nurse because of his condition.
They already were getting rid of evidence about HS in the OG, and if they'd want to in even more extent, then all they'd have to do is get rid of the high staff. No need to touch the Villagers.
The L3 point is also doubtful. Removing L3's doesn't mean of of L5 happening, and anyone could turn into L3 at any point. They'd have to do something like GHD, but anything we see isn't pointing to fact. If they don't know of Rena's conditions, why would they know of others'?
But my focus here is on Satoko. In Onidamashi, she was with Rika. Rika's disappearance would make the village mobilize to find her, so it was probably easier to forge the scene as a murder/suicide to get rid of both.
Keeping focus on Satoko is good. I've been sus of her since chapter 1.
Interestingly the Manga differs quite a bit from this. Satoko called everyone that Rika was missing and they went to their house. Where I believe they will find the bodies of Rika & Satoko, like seen at the end of the Onidamashi anime chapter. What comes to swapping guns, that doesn't make any sense. If Mion's gun wasn't use, all they'd have to do was to shoot could shots with it. I believe that there is 2 options.
A. from the moment Mion left the cell and entered the room where she died, she had lost her gun/regained new gun.
B. that's a gun Satoko got from somewhere and after using it, got rid of Mion's gun. Her goal of killing Rika was succeeded, and killing Mion was probably goal #2
Interesting to see how the Manga chapter ends to make full comparisons.
The reason for Rika's surprisement is that the one who is crazy IS Ooishi. Ooishi by nature is someone who is somewhat "immune" to HS, it would literally make no sense to her that he is the crazy one - which frankly doesn't (tho it ofc it's possible).
Also to point out, Satoko invited K1 to her house to get rid of him.
K1 was attack by a bat (presumably Satoshi's) however he didn't kill anyone.
The person he was fighting was Ooishi hence Ooishi dragging the bat at the start of Nekodamashi.
And Satoko is ofc present to witness it all, cause she's the culprit.
Yeah I believe you're right on this, just to pass some time and make this "horrifying" for us watchers.
Also, I want to point out again that Satoko just seems to be feigning dead at the cafe, but Satoko sus will probably end up being as a red herring.
Satoko probably was feigning her death, tho not necessarily. However she still the culprit who has no regards for her life.
I found most of them ridiculous and didn't take them seriously at all, it became a farce comedy.
This reminds me of Bernkastel actually:

"At the first time, I do my best to try again
against the inevitable tragedy.

In the second time, I become disgusted
towards the inevitable tragedy.

The third time, disgust is overwhelmed into painfulness.
But by the seventh time, this all becomes a farce comedy."
Yeah, I said farce comedy paraphrasing the poem lol. So the manga is where I'm off. The place where I've found the manga only goes to the part with the ladder shaking. I thought they were actually delaying the manga because it revealed something about the plot earlier than expected (the scene after Onidamashi is a lot more in-depth than the anime). I can't read japanese at all, so it's not only hard to find it, but I'd be able to take conclusions only by the illustration. Funny though that even without reading japanese it looks a lot better than the anime.

About Takano, I thought about this possibility too, that these are loops concretizing Takano's failure in Matsuribayashi. I too think that she lost her will, that they're packing up and leave. The reason I think the yamainu is still acting would be because they're receiving orders from someone else, that was my point there. The L3 thing actually comes from the emergency plan, but that's Takano's plan though. By L3 I mean Satoko, she's the only one that is roaming free, besides the ones that go crazy.

The point about Satoko being the culprit is what you said, about having no regard for her own life. Unless if she's looping as well. I'm sus of her, I'm just pretending that I'm not because that's too obvious. I mean, the whole point to solve the problem about Rika returning to June 83 is to kill her best friend with the sword's shard, that is so predictable that it ends up being ridiculous. If that's the whole point of Gou, it's better off discarding the whole story. It already looks really bad, but this outcome would concretize it as being bad. Now if Rika ends up killing Satoko as a red herring, that would turn out being interesting.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, I agree that Ooishi is the person least likely to go crazy. The guy had to deal with a lot of crazy stuff in life, wear a stabproof vest, was obsessed the whole og about the mysterious murders and kept his head cool all the time. The only thing I found weird about the scene at Satoko house was that the bat hit looked like it was triggered by turning up the light, making it look like a trap. Ooishi being there is totally acceptable, it wasn't Teppei in the first place at all. It could only be either Ooishi or a trap. Then after 2 weeks interval between ep 13 and 14 it implied it was Ooishi after all. I have no idea if he snapped after thinking he murdered Keiichi, I don't think we'll get clear answers to how he ended up like that. That's ok for a question arc, I don't want things explained step-by-step, just a reason why everyone is going crazy in such a random pattern.

Edit2: About Onidamashi, it really implied Rena did something, but in the end she seemed really obsessed with the fact that no one was killed or demoned away, since Takano and Tomitake bailed out. About Watadamashi, I really think that Mion and Shion were never exchanged at birth, maybe they never ever change places, not even in childhood. I know it sounds like a poor excuse like "nooo Mion can't snap", but that would fill the "damashi" part. Especially after Rika speaking with Keiichi that "you should be afraid that Shion is still alive". Writing this, I forgot to mention that I think Satoko wouldn't have the strength to strangle Rika, so someone else did the job for her or it was Mion.
rafaelfserafimJan 16, 2021 5:03 PM
Jan 16, 2021 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
I am gonna make a stupid prediction:

Next episode Rika will actually wake up in St Lucia Academy, we will see some new stuff over there, possibly even an older Satoko, even if she isnt a student there, and towards the end she will wake up again in Hinamizawa.

Jan 16, 2021 5:09 PM

Feb 2016
15 episodes into a sequel of one of my favourite anime/VN series and I'm starting to ask, "How much of what I've watched has actually mattered so far?"

We get told it's a sequel, not a remake. So we go in with the sequel mentality, yet it still spends a dozen episodes purely setting up the same arcs we went through in the original story. Except this time, Rika intereferes similarly to how she did originally, and each corresponding arc then seems to lead to a good end, except suddenly somebody succumbs and murders everybody. I'm assuming this has been set up this way to drive the idea that there seems to be no sense of escape this time, or that Rika is up against something much different this time. But a lot of it has still been what I've seen before.

There are a lot of questions. Which is a good thing, I want to say. I want the mystery. I want the questions. But it's rehashing familiar content to then ask those questions. Perhaps there could have been a better way to do it, such as have only one episode of each arc with the familiar stuff we know, but then everything else that happens afterwards is something new and overwhelms Rika, as she couldn't have seen these things coming, to something that leads to a bad end she couldn't have saved. As it is, the murders feel very random.

And I mean random. This episode existed to further cement that feeling of hopelessness, that Rika doesn't know who can be trusted now. I was wondering if Akasaka would show up, and he did. I liked the sudden transition, but this art style, as much as I do like it for how bizarre it can look, does not fit very well with the horror. Nor is the horror very touched on. All they do is scratch their neck. It's tiring. Where's the slow descent? The paranoia? Where's a crazy Shion bashing Keichii over the head with a rock?

This is why I'm honestly wondering if this culprit (if there even is a culprit) is somehow making use of hinamizawa syndrome in another way. Say, injecting traces of it into random people. They made vaccines for it, what if there was one for the actual disease? It's the biggest thing I can think of right now; for why someone like Ooishi remained completely normal, and then six hours later comes into a crowd with a gun. Or why Akasaka hung out with Rika in one or a couple of days, and then became some violent murderer. The changes from normal person to murderer with everybody so far is so fast. It feels orchestrated and deliberate. They all seem to be targeting Rika as well. Or it could all just be bad writing; who knows. Going with this theory would then mean that whoever/whatever this is also uses the power of looping. The how, why and other questions would remain to be seen, but I'd at least take this over a Umineko twist. I love Umineko, but using that entire story for an understandable second half of this would betray everybody that had only watched/read Higurashi.

Anyway, I'm hoping that everything on from this point is entirely original. Episode 14 pushed it in the right direction; now the series can continue doing the interesting stuff. Whether or it's actually good or satisfying remains to be seen. Will there be a point, or a reason actually meaningful enough to bring Rika back into these loops? I want to believe so, and I hope I get one.
Doing nothing of importance.

Anime | Manga
Jan 16, 2021 6:05 PM

Dec 2011
Thanos_ said:
CMYK said:

Hmm not necessarily. Might be the origin story of not just 1, but 2 witches.

I think the problem everyone has is the assumption that it's another mystery when we don't yet know what Gou is trying to achieve + if anything, you could say so far it's been fairly anti-mystery.
Longtime 07th Exp fans are no stranger to controversial development that alienates fans who thought they knew everything; R07 takes risks and has made fun of his audience before. The reputation is the WTC audience being mad but then appreciating it when time passes lol

To not be... too annoyed with the violence, rn I'm sitting on this episode is commentary for how anime-onlies/the general audience perceive Higurashi as (heartless, shocking) gore, played straight. The meandering of the prior loops led ppl to go, "just get on with it," and that's what we got.
Jan 16, 2021 8:09 PM

Oct 2014
rafaelfserafim said:
Yeah, I said farce comedy paraphrasing the poem lol. So the manga is where I'm off. The place where I've found the manga only goes to the part with the ladder shaking. Funny though that even without reading japanese it looks a lot better than the anime.

The point about Satoko being the culprit is what you said, about having no regard for her own life. Unless if she's looping as well. I'm sus of her, I'm just pretending that I'm not because that's too obvious. I mean, the whole point to solve the problem about Rika returning to June 83 is to kill her best friend with the sword's shard, that is so predictable that it ends up being ridiculous.

Then after 2 weeks interval between ep 13 and 14 it implied it was Ooishi after all. I have no idea if he snapped after thinking he murdered Keiichi, I don't think we'll get clear answers to how he ended up like that. That's ok for a question arc, I don't want things explained step-by-step, just a reason why everyone is going crazy in such a random pattern.

Edit2: About Watadamashi, I really think that Mion and Shion were never exchanged at birth, maybe they never ever change places, not even in childhood. I know it sounds like a poor excuse like "nooo Mion can't snap", but that would fill the "damashi"
Yeah the Manga is only up to the ladder scene so far, next chapter seems to come at 22nd.

Yeah in my Satoko theory I'm pretty sure she's looping too, and most likely, by Lambda. That would also explain my Takano is so passive.
That, or Lambda itself changed places with someone else.
Also I had completely missed that point with the sword.
Now Rika will find out that the one killing her, the another looper, is her best friend, and she will have to choose to either kill her, or herself.
That makes so much sense that I'm betting this, or something similar is going to happen.

Was there really 2 weeks between eps 13 and 14? I thought they were the same night. Tbh, I still think it is. Would explain my Satoko was so bloody when Ooishi arrived.
The reason why everyone goes randomly insane, well, all I can say that it is deliberate, someone makes them go insane.

Shmion not changing places, meanwhile it would be sort of deceiving us, I don't think there's any point for it. Using that as argument for "nooo Mion can't snap" doesn't work cause we've already seen multiple people who shouldn't have snapped, snapping.

T31 said:
This is why I'm honestly wondering if this culprit (if there even is a culprit) is somehow making use of hinamizawa syndrome in another way. Say, injecting traces of it into random people. They made vaccines for it, what if there was one for the actual disease? It's the biggest thing I can think of right now;
Yeah there is a disease injection, and as far as I know, they made that first before the vaccines.
It was presented multiple times in OG and is what resulted in Tomitake's death.
There however, it seems like the death came quite fast, but it could just be a matter of dosage.
Jan 16, 2021 8:22 PM

Jan 2016
niko_sb said:

It might feel that way because this is a sequel to a story that was actually already concluded and all mysteries and conflicts were resolved.

So why are we here? Just to suffer? I can still feel like arm... My legs... Well, this anime is a collaborate tie-in to Higurashi Mei, a gacha mobile game. That's probably why the story feels rushed and shallow, and hard to understand for new viewers. This show was made just to promote this gambling machine. So we're going back in time to 1983, despite there being no real reason to, to resolve the greatest mystery: Where do we go to watch anime now that HorribleSubs is dead? Even if we go back in time and make different personal choices, HorribleSubs still dies to a different killer. What could this mean?
Jan 16, 2021 8:36 PM

Sep 2020
FragOutFire said:
niko_sb said:

It might feel that way because this is a sequel to a story that was actually already concluded and all mysteries and conflicts were resolved.

So why are we here? Just to suffer? I can still feel like arm... My legs... Well, this anime is a collaborate tie-in to Higurashi Mei, a gacha mobile game. That's probably why the story feels rushed and shallow, and hard to understand for new viewers. This show was made just to promote this gambling machine. So we're going back in time to 1983, despite there being no real reason to, to resolve the greatest mystery: Where do we go to watch anime now that HorribleSubs is dead? Even if we go back in time and make different personal choices, HorribleSubs still dies to a different killer. What could this mean?

THERE IS A HIGURASHI GATCHA GAME?!?!?!
Actually on second thought, that sound like a terrible idea ngl.

Don't forget that kissanime.ru died to the same killer every since time as well.
Jan 16, 2021 8:57 PM

Jan 2016
i'd probably look into Mei if i wasnt already addicted to genshin impact with 50 bucks down that hole
Jan 16, 2021 9:19 PM

Aug 2019
Hulio said:
Yeah the Manga is only up to the ladder scene so far, next chapter seems to come at 22nd.

Yeah in my Satoko theory I'm pretty sure she's looping too, and most likely, by Lambda. That would also explain my Takano is so passive.
That, or Lambda itself changed places with someone else.
Also I had completely missed that point with the sword.
Now Rika will find out that the one killing her, the another looper, is her best friend, and she will have to choose to either kill her, or herself.
That makes so much sense that I'm betting this, or something similar is going to happen.

Was there really 2 weeks between eps 13 and 14? I thought they were the same night. Tbh, I still think it is. Would explain my Satoko was so bloody when Ooishi arrived.
The reason why everyone goes randomly insane, well, all I can say that it is deliberate, someone makes them go insane.

Shmion not changing places, meanwhile it would be sort of deceiving us, I don't think there's any point for it. Using that as argument for "nooo Mion can't snap" doesn't work cause we've already seen multiple people who shouldn't have snapped, snapping.
No no that's not what I meant, 2 weeks between airing each episode. They left us thinking of Rena as an unreliable narrator for 2 weeks and then that's exactly what happened lol. Well, Satoko mistook the principal for Teppei once, Ooishi has pretty much the same size.

Considering Ooishi snapped, well, Mion can snap too. I just realized I misread what you said about the manga. Yeah, they went to their house, I thought you were saying Satoko and someone (i.e. Rena) went to Sonozaki residence, I was like "wtf, I haven't seen it released to the last part yet and it's different" lol.

I didn't mean to be harsh on Gou, but I usually only watch an anime when it's completed, and so far it's been disappointing. The 3 first arcs almost felt like a huge waste of time. The dilemma of actually having to kill Satoko as a step to escape the loop is kind of interesting, but was it worth building 3 remake-ish question arcs for that conclusion? No. That's why I don't believe Gou will end up having a redemption.

About Lambda, unfortunally I can't say much, I only know some characters of Umineko, I don't know about it enough to bring up an argument about Higurashi/Umineko relation. When I get to actually read it, then I can. I always though that Lambda looks a lot more like Satoko than young Takano, even her personality, but Idk how they could be related, how Satoko could end up becoming her piece. The only thing I remember is that Lambda is fond of abandoning her piece when its effort is not satisfying enough for her.

One thing interesting though, I remember someone here mentioning in quite an absolute tone that the talk of game board never happened in Higurashi, only in Umineko. But the game board is actually mentioned in Matsuribayashi. But it's not a big deal, it doesn't go beyond that, at least until where I am, the connecting fragments part. Just pointing out that it was quite arrogant ._.

The approach in the last 2 arcs of the VN is extremely intriguing, Bern breaking the 4th wall and talking to the player in the sea of fragments. I'm also enjoying a lot to connect the fragments, the puzzle is fun. I wish there was a way to actually screw it up and cause failure endings, messing it up chronologically.

About what's coming next, I still think of what I said before:
rafaelfserafim said:
Something is telling me that in the last loop of nekodamashi Rika will end up in St. Lucia at the right moment she lost her memory. Just a wild guess.
Idk, her wish before being batted on the head hinted so much that she'll wake up at St. Lucia just like that lol. If she gets to be murdered in the future, it would be interesting if in the last arc they built up the motive for it, just like they did with Takano's backstory.
Jan 16, 2021 9:34 PM
Feb 2020
I have some mixed feelings about this episode.

I didn't find this episode crude or comical as many people on the forum did and in general I liked it more than I disliked it.

But despite that I still can't quite understand what the purpose of this show, from the beginning I think that this idea of being a half remake half sequel bad, they could have adapted some of these fail loops in the first episodes or at least risked more, there are some chapters of the VN that do practically the same thing that gou did (Retelling the original arcs with differences) but in a much more daring and interesting way (at least it seems from the summary, since I couldn’t read the chapters) it would be much better if they used more elements of those chapters and just adapt whatever was necessary to make sense with the rest of the anime.

I hope I was clear, I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes, English is not my native language
Vector5003Jan 16, 2021 9:53 PM
Jan 16, 2021 9:40 PM
Dec 2018
fancyjasper said:
Don't get why Rika was surprised to see Keiichi getting on with Ooishi, in the novel she'd already seen this event happen ages ago. Guess it was for the new viewers idk. I could honestly rant on forever about this episode but bleh. No point wasting too much time until the anime is over so i can find out if this is bad on purpose or just bad.

Rika doesn't remember Minagoroshi. This is mentioned in the VN. And Minagoroshi is the arc where K1 and Ooishi get along.
Jan 16, 2021 9:54 PM
Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
RangetsuStyle said:

This is the main mistake in this case. There is no reason to think someone screwed up until we saw the whole story. They deliberately want to confuse you, but you think that this simply cannot be, which means that someone screwed up. This is not true.

Have you read my posts?Like at all?

The problem isnt that Gou is confusing. It isnt confusing at all.

The problem is that the execution of everything so far is so freaking bad.

13 episodes of the same shit that was happening in old s1 with 5 minutes of twists at the last ep of each arc.
Any difference before that, like Rena's Tsumihoroboshi lines in Onidamashi, or Keichi giving the doll to Mion ended up being easter eggs.
Tatari/Minadamashi was again a pointless arc that didnt amount to anything beyond making Ooishi the killer.

Ep14 was great.

And now ep15 showed us that Gou 1-13 could have been just those 4 failed attempts.

The only reason the previous 13 were the OG with some twists is because this failure is supposed to be "newcomer friendly".

Well it fails both as a sequel and new series.

Why would a newcomer care about Akasaka(whose backstory in this kakera doesnt match his own flashback)?

As someone that has only watched the old anime I have no idea and I dont care either about Akane's scene. I can guess her reasons but I have zero emotional attachment to them.

Kimiyoshi's scene was great until he TOO started scratching his neck with that stupid animation.

And here is another problem.

Remember how in the old series GOUGING your freaking neck with your nails actually killed you?
Here they dont give a fuck.
Oh hey Rika-chan can perfectly talk after getting stabbed(hilarious animation again) as well.
Remember how every person that became a killer had a goal and wasnt just parasites inside their necks? Remember how Rena's goal and the parasites were two different things and how they didnt affect her goals?

What is up with everyone here? It is like they want the viewers to understand that they have gone crazy. YEAH NO SHIT.

It isnt that the show is confusing. The execution of EVERYTHING is just bad. I dont care about the explanations about why everyone went L5 and who the mastermind is. Even if the clues are all there and the culprit reveal makes sense or the reason Rika is trapped again is amazing, it wont change the fact that everything before that was badly executed.

You obviously don't get it. The fact that all of these people are going crazy for extremely similar reasons, or even suspicious reasons, considering Kimiyoshi was trying to prevent the GHD, should be a tip off that there is more at play this time than just the HS. We know of at least two in universe ways to induce HS. It also can point to a singular individual controlling everything and pointing them to go after Rika. K1 even having the idea that Rika has a cure to the HS is extremely suspicious, because if anyone would know about that it should be Rena not K1, which means that someone else told K1. You are so blinded by your inability to make any sense of the motive that you are failing to see similarities and possibility consider the possibility that there is a singular individual causing these people to kill Rika while having very similar motives. The fact that you have an Umineko pfp makes this even laughable because Umineko makes you think about what you are seeing and why things are happening, and now you are just claiming that coincidences that make no sense in the context of OG higurashi have to be bad writing and not intentional clues into the truth behind what is happening this arc. Your lack of reasoning is laughable, and you should try reasoning instead of giving up (you remind me of the goats from Umineko in episode 8).
Jan 16, 2021 10:01 PM
Dec 2018
Eragur said:

Instead we get a time skip to a ridiculously animated Akasaka who spouts cringy nonsense and a Rika who simply says "Wow, never would have expected Akasaka murdering me.

There was no time skip with Akasaka. He killed Rika that same day. Rika died to Akasaka on 6/13. Frederica Bernkastel, does mention that there can be a fragment where Akasaka actually joins up with Takano and ends up becoming Rika's enemy. In the VN, it's quite clear that Akasaka nears going L5 quite a few times in Minagoroshi, and Matsuryabashi. Rika cutting the phone lines helps prevent that from happening in those arcs. You are misunderstanding the purpose of the 4 arcs happening so fast. It isn't necessary to go into them, because the basic changes are supposed to be understood from the first 3 arcs. From a mystery perspective, this serves only one purpose, to show that multiple characters are going crazy and are attacking Rika for similar if not the SAME motive, in disconnected loops. There is no need for any development on the characters, or to show the audience any semblance of tension, because the outcome is clear from the first 3 loops. As for why Akasaka continued shouting about brain parasites? I don't get what was "cringey" about that. Considering what Akasaka knows, him going L5 would make him rant about the parasites. You just want something out of Gou that you aren't going to get. Rika being broken down already happened. It happened in the first 3 arcs of Gou. This arc is just to show that no matter what Rika does, nothing changed in the end (at least for these loops) and the fact that all deaths(so far) in Nekodamashi end up occurring before the Watanagashi, Rika wasn't given any time to do anything, especially for the loops with Akasaka, Akane, and K1 being the killers. What you want has already happened. You aren't supposed to feel tension over these loops, as their fates are sealed, this should have been clear already, it certainly was to me. Ryukishi asked on his twitter whether you, the watcher, or Rika would give up first, and from your reaction and the rest of this thread, it's pretty obvious you all have already given up.

And to be honest the real reason why these 4 loops wouldn't make sense to start with is because none of them happened organically. These loops were thrown together by the culprit specifically to fuck with Rika. And not just any Rika; Looper Rika specifically. The culprit realized Rika's true nature the moment she stole the shard from the Saiguden. And now they are panicking to cover their tracks. That's why starting with these loops wouldn't have made sense; specifically because they AREN'T ones that unfolded organically.

tldr: Everyone in this thread that thinks this episode is pointless, bad, cringey, doesn't make sense, or seems to not fit with original higurashi killers having motives, are braindead. Episode 15 isn't about the loops, and those that believe that it's bad writing are saying so in order to give an excuse to not reason things out. People are misunderstanding the purpose of the 4 loops, and I find it hilarious to see all of the seething in this thread. But what can you expect from the epitome of shit taste that is MAL.
jaw201Jan 16, 2021 11:01 PM
Jan 16, 2021 11:26 PM

Aug 2009

Where is the date mentioned when Akasaka is overacting? And even if it is the same day, it is still a time skip. Amazing for someone that calls others braindead, to not know what time skip means.

I could rip you a new one with the other stupid points you brought up, but it would be a true waste of time since it is apparent that you clearly cant fucking read what people have said here.

Yes we are the crazy ones that "dont get it" and call this series a bad waste of time. Please, kindly, fuck off.

Jan 16, 2021 11:29 PM
Dec 2018
ssjokg said:

I could rip you a new one with the other stupid points you brought up, but it would be a true waste of time since it is apparent that you clearly cant fucking read what people have said here.

lol
Thanks for proving me right. You obviously just want to stop thinking than to actually try and pay attention to the series. I'm sorry that you gave up so fast that you can't even think anymore like Battler, or the goats in Episode 8.

The key to solve Gou is to figure out who killed Rika and Satoko in Onidamashi. Everything after can be explained by using a theory based on the killer of those two in that arc, as Rena had a motive that did not involve Rika, implying that the culprit, whoever it might be, allowed the fragment to evolve organically.
jaw201Jan 16, 2021 11:39 PM
Jan 16, 2021 11:38 PM

Aug 2009
jaw201 said:
ssjokg said:

lol
Thanks for proving me right. You obviously just want to stop thinking than to actually try and pay attention to the series. I'm sorry that you gave up so fast that you can't even think anymore like Battler, or the goats in Episode 8.

You on the other hand paid so much attention that can see stuff that werent even shown.

And if you could read you would realize that the problem that is repeated in this thread isnt the mystery or the amount of clues but how this series is structured.

If you could stop role playing Umineko and look at what people are unhappy with it, you may figure it out as well.
Jan 16, 2021 11:42 PM
Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
jaw201 said:

lol

You on the other hand paid so much attention that can see stuff that werent even shown.

And if you could read you would realize that the problem that is repeated in this thread isnt the mystery or the amount of clues but how this series is structured.

If you could stop role playing Umineko and look at what people are unhappy with it, you may figure it out as well.

All complaints in this thread come from people who don't understand the show, and whose lack of understand shows that they don't understand when they make these complaints. So all complaints barring any complaint regarding the animation are not valid in my eyes.
And I'm not role playing umineko, I'm just commenting on what the comments in this thread remind me of. And to be honest, it's pretty accurate.
jaw201Jan 16, 2021 11:46 PM
Jan 16, 2021 11:45 PM

Aug 2009
jaw201 said:
ssjokg said:

All complaints in this thread come from people who don't understand the show, and whose lack of understand shows that they don't understand when they make these complaints. So all complaints barring any complaint regarding the animation are not valid in my eyes.

Pfft, okay god...
Jan 16, 2021 11:48 PM
Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
jaw201 said:

Pfft, okay god...

lol for someone who says that they could go through all of my points and blow them all out of the water, you don't seem to be doing that at all.
Jan 16, 2021 11:50 PM

Aug 2009
jaw201 said:
ssjokg said:

Pfft, okay god...

lol for someone who says that they could go through all of my points and blow them all out of the water, you don't seem to be doing that at all.

I knew that you couldnt read but this is more serious than I thought.
Jan 17, 2021 12:49 AM
Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
jaw201 said:

I knew that you couldnt read but this is more serious than I thought.

All I hear is whining and excuse making. Claiming that others have responded isn't an argument lol.
Jan 17, 2021 3:24 AM

May 2014
jaw201 said:
fancyjasper said:
Don't get why Rika was surprised to see Keiichi getting on with Ooishi, in the novel she'd already seen this event happen ages ago. Guess it was for the new viewers idk. I could honestly rant on forever about this episode but bleh. No point wasting too much time until the anime is over so i can find out if this is bad on purpose or just bad.

Rika doesn't remember Minagoroshi. This is mentioned in the VN. And Minagoroshi is the arc where K1 and Ooishi get along.

I knew Rika forgot who killed her, since Hanyuu had to tell her. Guess i forgot that they didn't remember the whole arc, this crappy anime is making me lose my mind lol. After reading this thread and remembering the mobile gacha game that was made, it makes sense why this anime exists. It's just an advertisement for the game for sure. Doesn't make the anime suck any less, but at least it has a good reason to suck now i guess.

Literally the best part of Gou has been a 1 second clip of a plush of the frog from Ciconia. I'm totally serious haha.
Jan 17, 2021 3:38 AM

Apr 2009
fancyjasper said:
jaw201 said:

I knew Rika forgot who killed her, since Hanyuu had to tell her. Guess i forgot that they didn't remember the whole arc, this crappy anime is making me lose my mind lol. After reading this thread and remembering the mobile gacha game that was made, it makes sense why this anime exists. It's just an advertisement for the game for sure. Doesn't make the anime suck any less, but at least it has a good reason to suck now i guess.

Literally the best part of Gou has been a 1 second clip of a plush of the frog from Ciconia. I'm totally serious haha.

No the best part of Gou is this meme:

https://twitter.com/Nuthingdude/status/1349778455265751043

Jan 17, 2021 4:02 AM

May 2014
Jin_uzuki said:
fancyjasper said:

Oh nooooo!! I shouldn't laugh, but it's too good not to.
Jan 17, 2021 4:41 AM

Dec 2020
jaw201 said:

There was no time skip with Akasaka. He killed Rika that same day. Rika died to Akasaka on 6/13. Frederica Bernkastel, does mention that there can be a fragment where Akasaka actually joins up with Takano and ends up becoming Rika's enemy. In the VN, it's quite clear that Akasaka nears going L5 quite a few times in Minagoroshi, and Matsuryabashi. Rika cutting the phone lines helps prevent that from happening in those arcs. You are misunderstanding the purpose of the 4 arcs happening so fast. It isn't necessary to go into them, because the basic changes are supposed to be understood from the first 3 arcs. From a mystery perspective, this serves only one purpose, to show that multiple characters are going crazy and are attacking Rika for similar if not the SAME motive, in disconnected loops. There is no need for any development on the characters, or to show the audience any semblance of tension, because the outcome is clear from the first 3 loops. As for why Akasaka continued shouting about brain parasites? I don't get what was "cringey" about that. Considering what Akasaka knows, him going L5 would make him rant about the parasites. You just want something out of Gou that you aren't going to get. Rika being broken down already happened. It happened in the first 3 arcs of Gou. This arc is just to show that no matter what Rika does, nothing changed in the end (at least for these loops) and the fact that all deaths(so far) in Nekodamashi end up occurring before the Watanagashi, Rika wasn't given any time to do anything, especially for the loops with Akasaka, Akane, and K1 being the killers. What you want has already happened. You aren't supposed to feel tension over these loops, as their fates are sealed, this should have been clear already, it certainly was to me. Ryukishi asked on his twitter whether you, the watcher, or Rika would give up first, and from your reaction and the rest of this thread, it's pretty obvious you all have already given up.

And to be honest the real reason why these 4 loops wouldn't make sense to start with is because none of them happened organically. These loops were thrown together by the culprit specifically to fuck with Rika. And not just any Rika; Looper Rika specifically. The culprit realized Rika's true nature the moment she stole the shard from the Saiguden. And now they are panicking to cover their tracks. That's why starting with these loops wouldn't have made sense; specifically because they AREN'T ones that unfolded organically.

tldr: Everyone in this thread that thinks this episode is pointless, bad, cringey, doesn't make sense, or seems to not fit with original higurashi killers having motives, are braindead. Episode 15 isn't about the loops, and those that believe that it's bad writing are saying so in order to give an excuse to not reason things out. People are misunderstanding the purpose of the 4 loops, and I find it hilarious to see all of the seething in this thread. But what can you expect from the epitome of shit taste that is MAL.

If you'd have read any of my comments on Gou seriously then you would know that I do indeed like Gou and defend it wherever I can. I actually did so in this very comment you try to criticize.

The way you are writing makes you look like some wannabe elitist fan who doesn't have any critical thinking at all. You look down on people who in your eyes "gave up on" this series and yet you never thought about the possibility of a WTC series not being absolutely flawless.

There was no time skip with Akasaka. He killed Rika that same day. Rika died to Akasaka on 6/13.

It's a time skip nontheless since at least a few hours passed in the matter of a second.

In the VN, it's quite clear that Akasaka nears going L5 quite a few times in Minagoroshi, and Matsuryabashi.

Doesn't matter since we didn't get to see anything even close to what's happening this episode and as stated by Rika herself this was still a surprise for her.

You are misunderstanding the purpose of the 4 arcs happening so fast. It isn't necessary to go into them, because the basic changes are supposed to be understood from the first 3 arcs.

No I am not misunderstanding it. You need to learn that people can criticize something even if they do understand the purpose of it. It's obvious they skipped showing these four loops because it's not necessary for the plot development to show them at this point, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't have been more entertaining and captivating to show some of them. Maybe this series would be better recieved if we got the Akasaka Arc instead of one of the other arcs without removing their clues.

As for why Akasaka continued shouting about brain parasites? I don't get what was "cringey" about that.

The way it was worded and repeated, combined with his facial expression and the sight of him standing there surrounded by flames after stabbing Rika with a weird animation and scratching his throat with an even weirder one.
I am not someone who shits on a show because I don't like the artstyle or some animations are off but this scene (and others in this episode) could have been much more shocking if handled differently.

You just want something out of Gou that you aren't going to get. Rika being broken down already happened. It happened in the first 3 arcs of Gou.

Yeah and that's what criticizm is for. I feel like this series so far could have been better if handled differently. Just accepting everything you get served as "perfect" doesn't make you clever but naive.

You aren't supposed to feel tension over these loops, as their fates are sealed, this should have been clear already, it certainly was to me.

It was obvious to me as well. I did expect four of her five last tries to be thrown together into one episode as well. But that doesn't change that I (and many others) would have enjoyed to see those interesting scenarios more than some of the other arcs. The plot would still be the same but the pacing would be more exciting.

Ryukishi asked on his twitter whether you, the watcher, or Rika would give up first, and from your reaction and the rest of this thread, it's pretty obvious you all have already given up.

I don't know why wishing for the Akasaka Arc to be completely included makes me someone who "gave up". All my comments I wrote so far were theories about what's going on and pleading to others to not call this series bad without even trying to solve the mystery. But I guess you just interpret things like you want to to feel "elitist".

And to be honest the real reason why these 4 loops wouldn't make sense to start with is because none of them happened organically. These loops were thrown together by the culprit specifically to fuck with Rika. And not just any Rika; Looper Rika specifically.

I know. I theorized the same way. Doesn't change my opinion on how the 4 loops got implemented. The way they did it was fine, but looking back at the 3 arcs before that I would have prefered a different priotization.

Everyone in this thread that thinks this episode is pointless, bad, cringey, doesn't make sense, or seems to not fit with original higurashi killers having motives, are braindead.

There is no point arguing with you I guess. If it all comes down to you feeling superior based on nothing and insulting people for criticizing a flawed series then that just shows that you aren't mature enough to hold a decent conversation.
How does criticizing weird animations make you braindead? I never complained about bad writing or about how things don't make sense. At this point I am asking myself if you even read my comment before going mad about this thread.

I do understand it perfectly, am still theorizing and staying faithful about R07's choices, but does that mean I have no right to complain about things I didn't like? Do you have to accept everything and shut up about it? Do we need to rate everything 5/5 because it's WTC?

Hating on Gou because you don't have the capacity to try solving the mystery is stupid but so is acting like this series is perfect and shouldn't be allowed to be criticized.
EragurJan 17, 2021 4:48 AM
We'll be together for all eternity.

Jan 17, 2021 4:50 AM
Sep 2020
I don’t know about you guys, but at this point I’m like, WAY more interested in knowing about what happened to Rika and co. when she decided to left Hinamizawa in favor of St. Lucia in the, I guess original? timeline. This series has been sorta fun until now but let’s be honest, the scenarios aren’t arranged that cleverly this time, probably because there will only be one season. So I’ll be waiting patiently for that to be revealed.

Passione’s work has been fine until now, nothing amazing, but clearly DEEN had a better understanding of what makes psychological, and just plain old horror work, I’m watching this only because I like the characters.
I don't like it!!!
Jan 17, 2021 5:46 AM

Sep 2020
wat.
Gacha game?

Ok, this is crazy
Jan 17, 2021 6:36 AM
Jan 2021
I didn't think it could be more comedy than oav
Jan 17, 2021 10:14 AM

Aug 2019
Jin_uzuki said:
fancyjasper said:

The memes about Gou on twitter are gold so far
Jan 17, 2021 11:17 AM

Jul 2009
Last episode and this one were really painful, I always feel so bad for Rika, now it's her last try before she tries to kill herself :(
Jan 17, 2021 7:18 PM

Oct 2014

I'll be quick before delving more into the nonsense.
First of all, can you show us proof that Akasaka killed Rika during the same day they met?
And secondly, if it was a same day, how would you describe a sudden transition from one scene to another with several hours in between.

You shouldn't be so arrogant with your theories and thoughts, especially when you're wrong.

PS. Try not to be such a "Braindead Goat", it's cringy.
Jan 18, 2021 12:24 AM

Oct 2007
MomoSinX said:

Heck, I don't even think that the new one with K1 in the cafe was a dead end. Rika just rage quit and told him to kill her... I think he could have been tricked to get out and be owned by the cops (like saying the cure is outside or something). Sure it wouldn't have been a route where everyone lives but she could have made it at least. xD

agreed on this one. She could have tricked the deranged K1 into going out. But I guess Rika-chama preferred a bonk to the head instead. lol

Jan 18, 2021 1:57 AM
Apr 2018
"Itchy, Itchy, Itchy....!"

Favorite Dialogue :
14:55
"It must be unbearably itchy for you, too."
"Though, thanks to you, i can't move my arms to scratch my neck."

-------------------------------------------------
Btw, what's DEMON SWAMP GAS? (17:15)
Jan 18, 2021 3:27 AM

Aug 2009
Liddo-kun said:
MomoSinX said:

Heck, I don't even think that the new one with K1 in the cafe was a dead end. Rika just rage quit and told him to kill her... I think he could have been tricked to get out and be owned by the cops (like saying the cure is outside or something). Sure it wouldn't have been a route where everyone lives but she could have made it at least. xD

agreed on this one. She could have tricked the deranged K1 into going out. But I guess Rika-chama preferred a bonk to the head instead. lol

There is no point at surviving if half of her friends are dead.
Jan 18, 2021 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
rafaelfserafim said:
The memes about Gou on twitter are gold so far

I had the song in my head when I saw that scene ._.
Jan 18, 2021 8:57 AM
Oct 2019
WTF just happened????
They aren't playing with the Gore...
Remember when they censored Keiichi stomach on Episode 4? Here they be like fuck it lets go all out... Lmao

This is probably the most disturbing episode so far...

Oh my God, this is fucking Insane!!! 😱

Rika-chan just keep suffering 😥, just one more chance left!!!

I don't feel so good 🤢
davidyodo24Jan 18, 2021 9:30 AM
Jan 18, 2021 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
I really like how they continuously change the plot... four loops in one episode
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

313 by eblf2013 »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.