Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 1, 2020 6:40 AM

Aug 2020
biswa290701 said:
The poll next week will show this episode's result. Lol

Btw, that guy is right. Only on MAL did I see negative reactions for this episode. It totally broke the internet on Reddit where it got over 100 awards and 4k karma and Twitter where it trended globally for more than 3 hours. The score of this season increased by 2% on Anilist as well. Dunno what's up with MAL. Lmao

Wait SAO was trending on global Twitter? Damn that's a big achievement. Not many anime gets to trend globally on Twitter. I do know that SAO on Reddit got over 90+ awards, I'm happy to know that it exceeded 100. And don't worry, after the dub releases a lot of dub viewers are also gonna rate it higher.
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Sep 1, 2020 6:47 AM

Nov 2019
Hentry said:
biswa290701 said:
The poll next week will show this episode's result. Lol

Btw, that guy is right. Only on MAL did I see negative reactions for this episode. It totally broke the internet on Reddit where it got over 100 awards and 4k karma and Twitter where it trended globally for more than 3 hours. The score of this season increased by 2% on Anilist as well. Dunno what's up with MAL. Lmao

Wait SAO was trending on global Twitter? Damn that's a big achievement. Not many anime gets to trend globally on Twitter. I do know that SAO on Reddit got over 90+ awards, I'm happy to know that it exceeded 100. And don't worry, after the dub releases a lot of dub viewers are also gonna rate it higher.

Yeah SAO trended globally on Twitter 4 times this season - episode 1, episode 2, episode 6 and episode 8. But it trended for the longest with this episode. It even reached #1 during these points.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Sep 1, 2020 6:57 AM

Aug 2020
biswa290701 said:
Hentry said:

Yeah SAO trended globally on Twitter 4 times this season - episode 1, episode 2, episode 6 and episode 8. But it trended for the longest with this episode. It even reached #1 during these points.

Damn that's a big achievement. Even Demon Slayer's episode 19 didn't trend on #1. Looks like people are really liking this season huh.
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Sep 1, 2020 7:00 AM

Nov 2019
Hentry said:
biswa290701 said:

Damn that's a big achievement. Even Demon Slayer's episode 19 didn't trend on #1. Looks like people are really liking this season huh.

Yup Demon Slayer ep 19 did reach #1. For longer than SAO. Actually these anime trends don't last long. 2-3 hours at most. The last time I saw an anime trending at #1 was AoT when it released its trailer for S4. Not sure though. I'm not on Twitter 24/7. Lol
Biswa_29Sep 1, 2020 7:13 AM
Sep 1, 2020 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
OceanicBlues said:

l upon Jesus-kun’s awakening.

Can we please not call him that? I am a Christian so I take Jesus seriously. Referring to a flawed human being like Kirito as "Jesus" is incredibly offensive to me. It always has been. They are nothing alike. If you haven't read the Bible, please just shut your trap.

I REALLY don't know why people even call him that; he does not do anything other shounen protagonists are incapable of doing.

“He required the help of everybody in the Underworld” but in reality it was just a neat lightshow to backlight Kirito the Badass doing something over powered for the hundredth time.

What do you mean "in reality"? In "reality", he couldn't have done that on his own. How it is visually presented to us does not cancel out where that power came from. Come on, you are smarter than that.

We saw various characters battle Gabriel and he nearly destroyed them all. So what do you want; a Lord of the Rings-style face off where the whole army of the Underworld charges him?

He'd just fly away again?

@biswa290701

I think the reason MAL is so critical of SAO is because they are as cynical as fuk. :/ Every time I see a good show I honestly enjoyed, they are always like "wow that sucked".

They are IMPOSSIBLE to please.
ChiibiSep 1, 2020 9:53 AM

Sep 1, 2020 12:16 PM
Jul 2019
[/quote]
Chiibi said:
OceanicBlues said:

l upon Jesus-kun’s awakening.

Can we please not call him that? I am a Christian so I take Jesus seriously. Referring to a flawed human being like Kirito as "Jesus" is incredibly offensive to me. It always has been. They are nothing alike. If you haven't read the Bible, please just shut your trap.

I REALLY don't know why people even call him that; he does not do anything other shounen protagonists are incapable of doing.

“He required the help of everybody in the Underworld” but in reality it was just a neat lightshow to backlight Kirito the Badass doing something over powered for the hundredth time.

What do you mean "in reality"? In "reality", he couldn't have done that on his own. How it is visually presented to us does not cancel out where that power came from. Come on, you are smarter than that.

We saw various characters battle Gabriel and he nearly destroyed them all. So what do you want; a Lord of the Rings-style face off where the whole army of the Underworld charges him?

He'd just fly away again?

@biswa290701

I think the reason MAL is so critical of SAO is because they are as cynical as fuk. :/ Every time I see a good show I honestly enjoyed, they are always like "wow that sucked".

They are IMPOSSIBLE to please.

My bad, didn't mean to offend you. Just note though, you keep talking about discussion but then you say stuff like "shut your trap", "what are you smoking", and all sorts of other childish things that really aren't necessary.
What I mean by in reality is that time and time again, season after season, he has overcome his obstacles with sheer brute force; the amount of people around him hardly changes the end result. Visually it was 'because of all the people in the Underworld' but I know he woulda done it anyway. I know you will never be satisfied with this specific point but that's how I feel and that's how it is.
Being critical is not the same thing as being cynical. Many people watch shows and want to see good writing, storytelling, and worldbuilding over all. If you usually watch a show you consider "good", and many people consider it to be bad, that just means you're not watching shows looking for the same values as these people. It's not a bad thing to enjoy simple stories at all, but there are folks who want shows to be a little more technically satisfying.
Sep 1, 2020 12:35 PM

Nov 2008
OceanicBlues said:

My bad, didn't mean to offend you. Just note though, you keep talking about discussion but then you say stuff like "shut your trap", "what are you smoking", and all sorts of other childish things that really aren't necessary.

I am only human so that means I get annoyed/frustrated with people as normal humans do. I could do a lot worse than that, lol.

What I mean by in reality is that time and time again, season after season, he has overcome his obstacles with sheer brute force; the amount of people around him hardly changes the end result.

Like every shounen protagonist in battle genre tends to do one way or another? That's kinda their role as a MC, you see.

This isn't even LIMITED to shounen, Usagi still delivers every final attack in Sailor Moon too. Because she is the MC.

Yes, totally unthinkable. Why pick on Kirito specifically?

Actually, after thinking about this some more, you are wrong; Sinon and Kirito EQUALLY defeated the Big Bad in season 2.
ChiibiSep 1, 2020 12:51 PM

Sep 1, 2020 1:14 PM
Jul 2019
Chiibi said:
OceanicBlues said:

I am only human so that means I get annoyed/frustrated with people as normal humans do. I could do a lot worse than that, lol.

What I mean by in reality is that time and time again, season after season, he has overcome his obstacles with sheer brute force; the amount of people around him hardly changes the end result.

Like every shounen protagonist in battle genre tends to do one way or another? That's kinda their role as a MC, you see.

This isn't even LIMITED to shounen, Usagi still delivers every final attack in Sailor Moon too. Because she is the MC.

Actually, after thinking about this some more, you are wrong; Sinon and Kirito EQUALLY defeated the Big Bad in season 2.

We pick on him specifically because, even though shounen MCs always deliver the final attack or whatever, Kirito solves every problem that anyone has ever had... ever. Him just waking up is enough to completely log out thousands of other players at the drop of a hat. Usually shounen characters have a specific set of powers that they use in order to overcome their obstacles; Kirito can just do what he wants. And the worst part is that he can do what he wants without any build-up whatsoever. Usually shounen protagonists will be practicing a technique or set of techniques that they haven't fully mastered when they have to fight a boss. Then, when all seems lost, they whip out the technique in desperation and somehow manage to nail it. That is a popular cliche. Kirito somehow, after months of being a vegetable, gained time control powers, the ability to turn folks into trees, the ability to fly completely unihbitied, the ability to regrow all of his limbs, the ability to turn the sky black, and the ability to see dead people all without any prior build-up whatsoever. It just happens, and that is textbook bad writing. The asspull of all asspulls.
"Blah blah Incarnation blah blah"
Incarnation is, in and of itself, a totally flawed crutch for characters to stand on. You keep talking about how he can do whatever other shounen protagonists can do. No. That is canonically and logically incorrect. Literally if he wants it enough he can do anything. Not the real-world "if you work hard enough you can achieve your goals!" anything, no. He can do ANYTHING. Incarnation has no upper limit, and seemingly doesn't require that much practice either since people who have no idea what it is seemingly master it within a couple hours (see PoH and Gabriel Miller). It's just overall lacking as far as story development goes, man.
Sep 1, 2020 1:32 PM

Nov 2008
OceanicBlues said:

We pick on him specifically because, even though shounen MCs always deliver the final attack or whatever, Kirito solves every problem that anyone has ever had... ever.

Pfffffffft suuuuuuuuuuuure.

He totally brought back the 6,000 people who actually died in Aincrad because he can revive the dead just like Christ. He doesn't agonize over Sachi and the three people he killed. He can just revive them!!

He totally prevented Asuna from experiencing molestation from Oberon. He didn't just sit there and watch and misery until Kayaba took pity on him.

He totally cured AIDS so Yuuki didn't pass away in Asuna's arms as the VR world watched in tears.

He totally figured out how to win Asuna's mother over to let her date him. Asuna didn't come to that solution on her own or anything.

THAT statement of yours is "canonically and logically incorrect".

I don't fully understand the powers he was able to gain at the end of Alicization...but I'm thinking the adaptation might only be targeted to those who read the novels.

I don't know that for sure but if that is the case, that makes more sense. It would also explain why Japan loves the series and people here are shitting on it.

Sep 1, 2020 1:35 PM

Nov 2019
OceanicBlues said:
Chiibi said:

We pick on him specifically because, even though shounen MCs always deliver the final attack or whatever, Kirito solves every problem that anyone has ever had... ever. Him just waking up is enough to completely log out thousands of other players at the drop of a hat. Usually shounen characters have a specific set of powers that they use in order to overcome their obstacles; Kirito can just do what he wants. And the worst part is that he can do what he wants without any build-up whatsoever. Usually shounen protagonists will be practicing a technique or set of techniques that they haven't fully mastered when they have to fight a boss. Then, when all seems lost, they whip out the technique in desperation and somehow manage to nail it. That is a popular cliche. Kirito somehow, after months of being a vegetable, gained time control powers, the ability to turn folks into trees, the ability to fly completely unihbitied, the ability to regrow all of his limbs, the ability to turn the sky black, and the ability to see dead people all without any prior build-up whatsoever. It just happens, and that is textbook bad writing. The asspull of all asspulls.
Incarnation is, in and of itself, a totally flawed crutch for characters to stand on. You keep talking about how he can do whatever other shounen protagonists can do. No. That is canonically and logically incorrect. Literally if he wants it enough he can do anything. Not the real-world "if you work hard enough you can achieve your goals!" anything, no. He can do ANYTHING. Incarnation has no upper limit, and seemingly doesn't require that much practice either since people who have no idea what it is seemingly master it within a couple hours (see PoH and Gabriel Miller). It's just overall lacking as far as story development goes, man.

Lol yeah. He's OP af in Alicization. But dude he had to work for it. You have to say he worked the hardest out of every real worlder. We see that he's stuck there for more than 2 years. He attended school, trained rigorously and practiced lots of skills within those 2 years. Plus he has the experience of the real world. He got stuck in SAO and he flied like a fairy in ALO. All of those experiences made him as strong as he was before he got arrested. Then during the tower rising he along with Eugeo slowly defeated each and every integrity knight. He learnt a lot of thimgs from Cardinal which the anime skipped. He learnt the aerial element to fly from her. It's basically like a game levelling system. You defeat stronger people, you get stronger. Then when he beat Quinella, he basically became a God. Only Eugeo could be as powerful as him. Kirito being strong in the underworld is completely logical.

Regarding the case of other real worlders, yes you can say they were just handed OP accounts. So they entered OP. Not Kirito - he levelled up from zero. And regarding incarnation, yeah it has no upper limit but the thing is while doing it, you have to keep utter confidence in yourself so a sane person like Kirito can't do stuff like an insane person like Gabriel can do. So basically you can say, incarnation was a disadvantage for the main character rather than the villain. Plus just how incarnation can help people who figured it out, it also hinders people who don't know about it and doubts in their abilities. Kirito suffered this a lot in part 1. But of course anime.
Biswa_29Sep 1, 2020 1:40 PM
Sep 1, 2020 1:54 PM
Jul 2019
Chiibi said:
OceanicBlues said:

We pick on him specifically because, even though shounen MCs always deliver the final attack or whatever, Kirito solves every problem that anyone has ever had... ever.

Pfffffffft suuuuuuuuuuuure.

He totally brought back the 6,000 people who actually died in Aincrad because he can revive the dead just like Christ. He doesn't agonize over Sachi and the three people he killed. He can just revive them!!

He totally prevented Asuna from experiencing molestation from Oberon. He didn't just sit there and watch and misery until Kayaba took pity on him.

He totally cured AIDS so Yuuki didn't pass away in Asuna's arms as the VR world watched in tears.

He totally figured out how to win Asuna's mother over to let her date him. Asuna didn't come to that solution on her own or anything.

THAT statement of yours is "canonically and logically incorrect".

I don't fully understand the powers he was able to gain at the end of Alicization...but I'm thinking the adaptation might only be targeted to those who read the novels.

I don't know that for sure but if that is the case, that makes more sense. It would also explain why Japan loves the series and people here are shitting on it.

Ok, he can't do everything, he can just do most things. I never said he could revive the dead, just see them. Of course there are tragedies he can't prevent, you are correct. These losses are totally overshadowed by big flashy super attacks though. Interestingly enough, he only seems to agonize over deaths when it is convenient to the plot. I don't recall him thinking about the deaths of however many people in Aincrad when he was cutting off some dude's hands, or when he was fighting any of the knights, or when he was fighting the Administrator. Another main problem I have with him is that he is the person to solve almost every other character's issue. The character development for a couple of characters is incredible, and then for the rest their character arc is "Kirito will handle it." They are so codependent on him that it is almost painful. This is especially prevalent in his harem, where he did someone a favor and now they are eternally in love with him and follow him to the ends of the earth. For example, when Sinon is fighting Miller I'm pretty sure 50% of her dialogue is calling out to Kirito for strength instead of finding anything in herself.

Also are you really just gonna reply to the first sentence of my whole reply and ignore the rest? That's not a discussion, that's nitpicking.
Sep 1, 2020 2:10 PM
Jul 2019
biswa290701 said:
OceanicBlues said:

Lol yeah. He's OP af in Alicization. But dude he had to work for it. You have to say he worked the hardest out of every real worlder. We see that he's stuck there for more than 2 years. He attended school, trained rigorously and practiced lots of skills within those 2 years. Plus he has the experience of the real world. He got stuck in SAO and he flied like a fairy in ALO. All of those experiences made him as strong as he was before he got arrested. Then during the tower rising he along with Eugeo slowly defeated each and every integrity knight. He learnt a lot of thimgs from Cardinal which the anime skipped. He learnt the aerial element to fly from her. It's basically like a game levelling system. You defeat stronger people, you get stronger. Then when he beat Quinella, he basically became a God. Only Eugeo could be as powerful as him. Kirito being strong in the underworld is completely logical.

Regarding the case of other real worlders, yes you can say they were just handed OP accounts. So they entered OP. Not Kirito - he levelled up from zero. And regarding incarnation, yeah it has no upper limit but the thing is while doing it, you have to keep utter confidence in yourself so a sane person like Kirito can't do stuff like an insane person like Gabriel can do. So basically you can say, incarnation was a disadvantage for the main character rather than the villain. Plus just how incarnation can help people who figured it out, it also hinders people who don't know about it and doubts in their abilities. Kirito suffered this a lot in part 1. But of course anime.

I agree that he worked hard, I just wish the hard work wasn't reflected in something as spontaneous and random as Incarnation. It's so satisfying when a protagonist puts in work and develops plans and you can see it pan out as they struggle through their journey. For Kirito all we know about his plan is that he plans to win. The strength he has may be logical, but it is displayed in such an illogical way that it loses any clarity it might have had. If Miller and Kirito had a proper fight on the ground without the clutter it would have been so much more iconic. If he took skills he learned from his time with Eugeo and used them with the Blue Rose Sword instead of Eugeo appearing as a Stand, it would have been so much more iconic. If he had taken skills he had learned from all his time in the Underworld, applied them to the fight, and finally finished it with the Starburst Stream, I would have been decently satisfied. If he went toe-to-toe with Miller, apparently a master of Incarnation just cause he's insane, and held his own because of his personal growth, it would have been legendary. But no instead we get mega-god Delete American System 32 Tree-Growing Limb-Replacing Stand-Using Night-Making OP midair nonsense. Nonsense on both sides, Kirito's and Miller's.
Sep 1, 2020 2:34 PM

Nov 2008
OceanicBlues said:

Ok, he can't do everything, he can just do most things. I never said he could revive the dead, just see them.

You said "he can do ANYTHING" and reviving people CERTAINLY falls under "anything".

I pointed it out to show you that you are exaggerating.

These losses are totally overshadowed by big flashy super attacks though.

Why?

His 'flashy attacks' don't erase history.

I don't recall him thinking about the deaths of however many people in Aincrad when he was cutting off some dude's hands, or when he was fighting any of the knights, or when he was fighting the Administrator.

But why would he have a reason to think about them then? He appeared to have healed from his PTSD in season 2 with Sinon's arc. The only reason he starting thinking about them again was after regaining his memories back in episode ....6 of this arc, was it?

He just relived all that traumatizing stuff in a very very short amount of time.

The character development for a couple of characters is incredible, and then for the rest their character arc is "Kirito will handle it."

Because they already had their main battles and they are tired?

Alice was shown fighting. Sinon was shown fighting. Leafa was shown fighting. Asuna was shown fighting.

They were hurt and all worn out from fighting for so long; of COURSE Kirito needed to step in and handle it. It's not like they spent 24 episodes waiting for him to wake up; they were fighting their asses off this whole war and couldn't take it anymore. Good thing he woke up in time.

Also are you really just gonna reply to the first sentence of my whole reply and ignore the rest? That's not a discussion, that's nitpicking.

All you really did was complain about his powers in this latest episode and I addressed it.
Did you ignore my last sentence in the last post? Fine...I will put it in bold so it's easier to see.

If Miller and Kirito had a proper fight on the ground without the clutter it would have been so much more iconic.

I don't agree. I'm sick of ground fights. A-1 did something more like Gainax or Trigger and it was amazing. I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.
ChiibiSep 1, 2020 2:43 PM

Sep 1, 2020 2:58 PM
Jul 2019
Chiibi said:
OceanicBlues said:

Ok, he can't do everything, he can just do most things. I never said he could revive the dead, just see them.

You said "he can do ANYTHING" and reviving people CERTAINLY falls under "anything".

I pointed it out to show you that you are exaggerating.

These losses are totally overshadowed by big flashy super attacks though.

Why?

His 'flashy attacks' don't erase history.

I don't recall him thinking about the deaths of however many people in Aincrad when he was cutting off some dude's hands, or when he was fighting any of the knights, or when he was fighting the Administrator.

But why would he have a reason to think about them then? He appeared to have healed from his PTSD in season 2 with Sinon's arc. The only reason he starting thinking about them again was after regaining his memories back in episode ....6 of this arc, was it?

He just relived all that traumatizing stuff in a very very short amount of time.

The character development for a couple of characters is incredible, and then for the rest their character arc is "Kirito will handle it."

Because they already had their main battles and they are tired?

Alice was shown fighting. Sinon was shown fighting. Leafa was shown fighting. Asuna was shown fighting.

They were hurt and all worn out from fighting for so long; of COURSE Kirito needed to step in and handle it. It's not like they spent 24 episodes waiting for him to wake up; they were fighting their asses off this whole war and couldn't take it anymore. Good thing he woke up in time.

All you really did was complain about his powers in this latest episode and I addressed it.
Did you ignore my last sentence in the last post? Fine...I will put it in bold so it's easier to see.

If Miller and Kirito had a proper fight on the ground without the clutter it would have been so much more iconic.

I don't agree. I'm sick of ground fights. A-1 did something more like Gainax or Trigger and it was amazing. I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

Ok man, there's no point in continuing this. You and I will both not forget this fight, for completely seperate reasons. I guess we can leave it at that.
Sep 1, 2020 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
Once again, great visuals during the fight, starburst stream was cool, but it really felt like there was just no power in all of this. Kirito never really met this guy before, there was no connection between them. Kirito basically just fought "evil incarnate". And again, no explanation as to why Kirito or Gabriel had these powers. Kirito can be chalked up to being MC and having spent quite a lot of time here, and maybe gaining authority by defeating Quinella, plus power of friendship. But Gabriel just used his own account, no super account, no time spent in that world, and somehow can suck out souls cause he killed a girl IRL when he was a kid or something. Okay.

Eugeo coming to help would have been a great and emotional moment... if it didn't happen like 4 times every episode since Kirito came back. Like jesus christ Eugeo, just stay dead. Could have been made to be a memorable help from him, but not if he basically just appears every time Kirito needs a little power boost. It really cheapens these moments.

I'm quite sure Kirito and Asuna will be able to leave this world by outside help.
At the same time, I wonder whether Gabriel actually died now or if he will try to kill them IRL as well. They still had like 8 hours before the military arrived. I also wonder how this will be covered up, the Japanese military basically allowing these terrorists in there and so on.

Will Alice be put into a robot/android now, or will she just be the new phone AI like Yui?
Sep 1, 2020 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
That animation was SICK! Their fight scene was very OwO! The fight ended in 4 minutes, how quick! I'm wondering who that guy was? Was it the same guy who logged in as Emperor Vecta? Is I am confused yes.

OwO! Asuna and Kirito on the World End's altar! THEY'LL HAVE A BLAST OWO-ing THERE YES! They'll be Gods there lmaoWo
Sep 1, 2020 10:29 PM
Mar 2020
Todo este capítulo estaba mehhhhhh.
Sep 2, 2020 8:13 AM
Apr 2020
I don't understand myself anymore. When I started watching this episode it immediately became boring to me I don't really know why. Maybe because I understood that Kirirto waking up equals conclusion and yeah that's exactly what happened and I am still curious what will happen from now on that Kirito and Asuna are still in the Underworld and maybe they will also start their own familily there too for another 200 years.

My man Kirito when the freak did you learn how to summon wings, float and reverse the dragons what more would I expect to you it's Kirito, you even did the ritual for you own spirit bomb to defeat Gabriel (so it was literally Gabriel on monster form was in the opening)

Props to the studio I never saw those kinds of character design or effect until this season came. That was a fire animation and movement even Eugeo made the scene better. That was a bomber episode but I wasn't really hook into it.
Sep 3, 2020 10:27 AM
Apr 2019
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Main guy rewinded the dragons. Then Main girl led Alice girl to the end.

Immediately got dark spell, but Eugeo guy saved him.

Both of them have ability to cure themselves, so it's not easy to end the duel.

Enemy changing form and main guy is regretting for staying and saving time. Eugeo guy appearing again to difference between the two.

lol @ this CM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgZUXJW-qpc

Darkness and everyone including Alice girl giving main guy power. Wow the people that died appeared, too. Eugeo guy even appeared to use his sword to fight along main guy to defeat the enemy and sent everyone back.

Main guy, ...and main girl stayed.
why you put guy and girls on every character ...its so annoying
and am watching your every discussion on every episode since SAO III
Sep 3, 2020 12:47 PM

Apr 2014
There is a severe lack of direction in every single fight scene. The animation is good, sure, but it has nothing to gain from it when there is no decent choreography to speak of.
Sep 3, 2020 2:39 PM

Jun 2016
Milk_is_Special said:
There is a severe lack of direction in every single fight scene. The animation is good, sure, but it has nothing to gain from it when there is no decent choreography to speak of.

Amen.

Though, at least it wasn't as bad as the PoH fight.
Sep 3, 2020 6:53 PM
Jul 2020
My favorite anime
Sep 3, 2020 10:07 PM

Oct 2008
why does it always have to be Eugeo!? this is so GAY!
1/5.

i'm really genuinely butthurt because this is to epic at the same time so sh!T! hahah!

so the two lovebirds are doom eternally stuck for 200 years huh...i wonder what more twist this show is gonna have...
matias067Sep 3, 2020 10:29 PM

Sep 4, 2020 6:51 AM

Jun 2017
Well, this episode consisted of mostly fight scenes, between Kirito and Miller, nothing short of spectacular. Welp, 200 years huh, a pretty long time, atleast they'd be together for 200 years.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 4, 2020 2:48 PM
Dec 2014
I'm confused. How come everyone else got forcibly logged out except for Kirito & Asuna?
Sinon & Leafa got logged out too despite diving in with the same machine.
Sep 6, 2020 4:36 AM
Sep 2018
A really really good episode for me. Love it
Sep 6, 2020 5:37 AM

Feb 2016
Why do I keep watching this shit
Sep 6, 2020 8:58 AM
Oct 2007
WHAT IS THIS QUALITY PRODUCTION VALUE?!!! OFF THE CHART, ROOF, UNIVERSE, whatever. My eyes just had a treat watching. It's been awhile since I've seen something like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2020 10:07 AM

May 2018
Good final fight. Lol Kirito ended it Fairy Tail style but he used waifu power and Eugeo bro power instead of nakama power xD
Sep 6, 2020 12:57 PM
Dec 2013
Hentry said:

Wow you must be a total idiot, look at the date you mongrel. "Week 8 | Aug 21 - Aug 28, 2020 results" The new SAO episode came out on 29th august, get your facts right before you come at me lil goof.

reality is often dissapointing

I guess an ASMR witch is more relevant than Kirito ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sep 7, 2020 2:06 AM

Nov 2018
I cannot fucking believe the author just took that shitty 'Power of friendship' concept and bashed it into the series. "Please give my heart to Kritio" Dude wtf does that even suppose to mean??
Sep 8, 2020 9:45 AM
Nov 2013
This shit gets worse with every episode, just end the arc already
Everything that happened after kirito's awakening is bullshit. Sometimes i wish that he has never woken up !
Oh and please let Eugeo, Yuuki and all the dead people rest in peace. I'm tired of seeing them every ep helping kirito and asuna when they're supposed to be .... dead?
Sep 9, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2017
Amazing fight with spectacular animation. Sadly, Kirito and Asuna are going to spend 200 years in the Underworld unless something happen in the next episode. 5/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 14, 2020 3:17 AM
Aug 2020
I don’t like how everything became a mess. how can all these people do these things. There’s no reasoning except the fact that it’s a virtual world where anything can happen.
Sep 15, 2020 3:23 PM

Mar 2010
I don't understand how I missed that guy becoming OP asf... did I skip a episode or some shit? Like how tf the bad guys always find a way to get end game. Anyways felt really diluted. Couldn't get into it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 17, 2020 11:11 PM
May 2020
Mantappppppppppppppp
Sep 19, 2020 2:59 PM

Nov 2014
The battle was awesome, spirit bomb absorb likey into double release recollection and starbust stream almost not enough until once again Eugeo helped. loved the battle animation and Kirito's form.

and yeah everybody logout aside Kirito.... and thankfully Asuna keep staying there accompanying Kirito for 200 hundred years, i wonder what come next.. really excited for the next one.
Sep 22, 2020 8:18 AM
Aug 2020
bruh when will this "power of feelings/friendship" bullshit end. its so fucking disappointing to see also end with no originality. come on just sit for half an hour and come up with at least an attempt of originality and not with receiving help from your dead friend ten times in a row
Sep 23, 2020 12:13 PM
Jul 2013
The show just go full dragonball, this wou part 2 was so bad, it's even worse then s2 i think, they just go chop chop chop every limb like this was the old dragonball Z, the animation is somehow lacking, wou part 1 is the best, this is just absolute trash in my opinion

Kirito has an OP plot armor too that make eugeo death meaningless, kirito chopped into half? No problem, eugeo chopped into half? Sorry, buddy u r not the MC here, therefore you must die right now, right here
SternengesangSep 23, 2020 12:18 PM
Sep 25, 2020 6:32 AM

Mar 2019
Ngl, this fights episode proved me that SAO reached the climax of absurdity. Every 30 secs there's this "dead inspirational help" thing that helps the main characters every damn time. For the sake of Power of friendship and bla bla shit.
Oct 7, 2020 8:27 PM
Jul 2016
KANLen09 said:
Kirito rekindled Alice's dragon spirits and saved them from their impending deaths. That's nice. Other than that, time to fight against Gabriel Miller a.k.a Subtilizer on the World's End Altar and end this once and for all, all within 10 mins before time in the STL gets fluctuated for 200 years.

A-1 Pictures really throwing their money in on the action, really promising "the End of the End" vibes of Kirito facing second thoughts at death's door. But Eugeo's constant encouragement against Gabriel the Devil "who came to kill, steal and destroy" (of the biblical reference) to help Kirito regain his subconsciousness each and everytime is touching and soothing to the heart. To have everyone send their wishes to Kirito, it was POWERFUL.

I'd say: Release Recollection: Wishes and Dreams for all within the World Seed.

The power of bros before hoes, IT HAS FINALLY COME TO THIS. Everyone gets out of the World Seed in ONE PIECE with the killing of Gabriel Miller, but Kirito paying the consequence of 200 years confinement in exchange was a punishment of solace...with Asuna? What a cliffhanger.

WillHawkins said:
I wish they didn’t show Asuna at the end and made it a surprise for next episode instead and the episode just ended with Kirito crying on the ground apologising I think that would have been a really powerful cliffhanger, but this was good too
Same thoughts here too, but I'd guess this is fine as well either way.

Agree. Tho seeing Asuna there despite the possibility of her have to spend eternity in this place did warm my heart a bit (tho maybe Asuna didn't know..or didn't care haha).
On the other hand tho, it's unfair for Alice. I think it's better for her to be 'trapped' with people she know and the world she grow up in, rather than be condemn to live outside like this. With Kirito gone, who's gonna protect her? 。°(°´ᯅ`°)°。

About the fight, I agree with the poster above. Their inhuman level fight was a bit too out of it that made this a bit boring, despite the flashy scene. Alhough, considering souls and fluctlight, even dragon and magic were a real thing here, Eugeo and everyone's wish gave Kirito strength was not so impossible after all.
I'm curious if they'll spin a tale about him lol. XD

But I have a feeling Raft would do something. Or maybe Yui hmm we haven't see her for a while now
Oct 13, 2020 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
200 years together, that is a good thing.
Oct 25, 2020 7:58 AM

May 2016
Well time to spend 200 years with Asuna. just kidding I mean I doubt they gonna
go that route by any standards.

Eugeo saves the day again.

Animation top tier. 5/5
Nov 2, 2020 8:21 AM
May 2019
I like gabriel but he is not the main character
so he defeated by plot armor LOL
Nov 29, 2020 1:21 PM

May 2011
The realist line this episode was Kirito's hidden desire to lose and stay in UW for 200 years.

Got to see my boy Bercouli and Quinella, and as always Yuuki and Eugeo's memory incarnations came through when it matters most. I'm a sucker for that, and it was foreshadowed multiple times. That concept is how Kirito stopped being a vegetable even.

Most anime would make this the second last episode, so I'm glad there's going to be way more content.
Dec 11, 2020 1:15 PM
Jul 2020
The Animation in this Episode is really good, respect for A1-Picture one of my favorite Studio anime
Dec 11, 2020 4:12 PM

Aug 2019
There is a LOT to say about this episode. Where the hell did Kirito learn those moves/abilities? Nothing is explained to us, but were just meant to believe he can battle that well after just waking up from a coma? Secondly, this episode had way too many asspulls for me. The whole dead character encouraging main character thing is way overdone in SAO and should have never been done for a final fight. Third, when all of the characters prayed and gave their power to Kirito I was rolling my eyes. Another stupid asspull. Fourth, Gabriel Miller sucking all of that strength and growing into that huge demon is not well explained and seemed like yet another asspull. I hope that there is an info-dump episode or some type of clarification in the coming episodes about what the fuck just happened during that fight because honestly I'm still pretty confused. I have a feeling that A-1 left a lot of information out which is a shame. Just because it looked pretty didn't mean it was a well-directed episode in my opinion. 3 episodes left.

JesusPenguinDec 11, 2020 4:33 PM
Dec 12, 2020 10:34 AM

Jul 2019
How many times is someone going to come out from the dead lmao
Dec 15, 2020 4:27 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Soo, what happens now again? Alice is out, but the terrorists are still there.
Aug 1, 2021 11:15 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the part where Kirito used the Genkidama to defeat Gabriel
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.