Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 12, 2020 3:18 PM

Jan 2015
Kyragos said:
Inferno792 said:

And none of that was shown here, was it? So, yes, from my eyes, it was exactly as I described it.

We have thousands of American veteran players against hundreds of inexperienced human soldiers. We see Asuna alone on the front line. We saw earlier Asuna lose her arm, with the great pain coming with it. We know she can't use her godly powers anymore, but that she has regenerative abilities (her arm grew back) and a great life value (super account). She is even stating herself that her body won't give in as long as her will doesn't, she certainly wouldn't say that after killing just a few of enemies. We may not have seen here Asuna taking on wave after wave, but I don't think it's hard to imagine that she's in a desperate situation.

And those abilities she still has are incredible. Add all the gaming experience she's had + her being great at them along with those abilities and she shouldn't be struggling.

She's got a god level account fighting against normal accounts. And as I said, we didn't see her take too many people on. So for anime viewers, it still was her struggling after a few small battles. We see her crushing these guys with ease in one scene and she's bleeding and having trouble in the next?

It's not hard to imagine that she's in a desperate situation since she's basically been shown to be in one. My question is why is she in that position? That wasn't explained properly. And all of those guys were fodder because Klein wiped them out by just making an appearance.
Jul 12, 2020 4:25 PM

Oct 2016
It seems the wait was worth it. The animation is top-notch, soundtrack is amazing, the fight scenes were good so far. The only thing I'm worried about is if the story will be well concluded, since SAO Alicization has been a rollercoaster for me in that regard.

7/10 for now, but with potential to reach 8 or even 9 depending on what will happen in the next episodes
Jul 12, 2020 5:49 PM

Jul 2017
Ew, tentacle rape. Disgusting and made no sense at all.

Overall an OK episode. I hope this gets better. The opening and ending songs are pretty dope, though.
Jul 12, 2020 5:57 PM

Jan 2012
crazy good! me happy
Jul 12, 2020 6:39 PM
Jan 2017
Spetacular back, no less.
Jul 12, 2020 7:31 PM
Jul 2019
Começou bem polêmico SAO,cm aquela cena da Shino em.kkk mesmo assim animação está uma delícia para se degustar muito.
Op é End muitos boas, nota 10 para tudo.
Jul 12, 2020 7:39 PM
Jul 2019
Já já o monstro Sair da Jaula.
Kiritão,para Descer o pau no Vector.
Jul 12, 2020 9:47 PM

May 2020
Nice new opening and endings, I found the Leafa and tentacle stuff not necessary at all, unlike the earlier polemic scene we had in Alicization with Kirito's and Eugio's young valets, which had some major and interesting impacts on the main characters, that scene unlike this new one, had meaning and major consequences in the story. The episode overrall excluding the Leafa situation is good, I'm interesed what will happen next, an polemic and interesting episode to start off. 6-7/10 episode.
Jul 12, 2020 11:03 PM

Dec 2019
I can definitely praise the episode for the animation. The new opening along with the music and animation looked great. The last scene of the episode was hype.
Now, about the tentacle scene... I felt like it was too forced and unnecessary for the first episode of the season.

I really wanted Kirito to wake up, but honestly, I don't even care anymore. I just want my Eugeo back.

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Jul 13, 2020 5:28 AM

Jul 2016
It was a great ep amazing animation with nice music some funny moments and all of sudden we got some rape shit.....just why.... i have enjoyed Alicization alot and i don't mind some minor rape for the sake of the plot like what happened with Ronia and her friend but the rape scene in this ep was shit and painful to watch and if it was meant as a fanservice i doubt there will be a sane person who will consider this arousing
Jul 13, 2020 5:45 AM

Dec 2018
seriously, she had an orgasm on the battlefield. the only good thing in this show is just yuki kajiura.
"Anime Was a Mistake."- God

Jul 13, 2020 6:22 AM

Dec 2008
I just caught up to SAO after long break and the Alicization arc proved to me that this anime can be decent as long as Kirito keeps his mouth shut and is not busy in being a generic protagonist. Speaking of this episode, it got a huge sigh of relief from me when it turned out that it was not Kirito who got ODST-ed/space marined to the scene at the end of the ep. In additionan, the tentacle scene was awkward. The author must have not gotten the memo, that the shock value in this particular department was used a bit too much in this franchise.
desuminatorJul 13, 2020 7:18 AM
Jul 13, 2020 7:51 AM
Mar 2014
What a fantastic great entrance opening for the new season.
Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 13, 2020 8:05 AM

Mar 2014
I never thought they would start this show with a tentacle rape, that is really surprising

Other than that it's a great continuation !!
Jul 13, 2020 8:11 AM

Nov 2017
The part with Leafa was too trash, horrible. 9 MINUTES OF TENTACLE RAPE.
The first episode was very mehhhhhh ._.

(sorry for my bad english, lol :,v )
Jul 13, 2020 8:56 AM
Mar 2020
Ronie is damn cute in this ep. "They are all females"... Lol
Jul 13, 2020 8:58 AM
Dec 2019
Tbh I quite liked this starting episode to the new series because it put us right into the action that we were seeing in the last series. No intro, just pure action.
Love Sinon and the loving reaction to Kirito's state; it felt like a nice reconnection as you can see him react even if it's a tiny bit, and Klein's scene was so badass and I love that. but Leafa's scene... that was just a bit much... and was kind dragged out for too long with no real reason...
But other than that, good start to what will probably end up being a very good action series.
Jul 13, 2020 9:03 AM

Sep 2018
I enjoyed episode 1 for this season a lot. It looks incredible. The pig human was pretty cool. I thought the tentacle seen would be much more hard to watch, but it was not as impactful as most scenes like it in other anime. Glad to see Klein returning since I enjoy his character for comedic relief.
Jul 13, 2020 9:08 AM

Jun 2020
off topic, but why is the score N/A?
Jul 13, 2020 9:33 AM
Dec 2019
AnimeIsCartoon23 said:

probably because there aren't enough people who have scored it yet. I have scored it yet either.
Jul 13, 2020 9:47 AM

Oct 2017
AnimeIsCartoon23 said:
Check the stats page, there are currently just 6899 who scored it.

Speaking numbers... only 108 dropped?! We need more rape in the next episodes! Try harder, A-1 :P
Jul 13, 2020 10:04 AM
Jul 2020
HahahahaaHJBbaaba
Jul 13, 2020 10:09 AM

Jun 2014
Welcome back, SAO, I missed you. <3

Opening is awesome, ending is kinda meh (song is ok, visuals are boring). Eugeo seems important in both opening and ending. Has to do something with Kirito waking up from his coma.

I'm so happy to finally have all 3 "goddesses" on screen and being awesome. And we even got Klein and many others from ALO it seems. \o/

The meeting between Sinon and Kirito was sad. So Lilpilin is another Dark territory warrior who breaks the Seal of the right eye. That tentacle scene was totally unnecessary and lasted too long. I'm glad that Leafa killed that stupid Dark mage woman. My Asuna being cool in the fight again. <3

Jesus, please stop calling Vector "Vecta". Bercouli is so gonna die, the poor dude.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jul 13, 2020 10:25 AM

Jun 2020
Hate to say it but this was definitely my least favourite first episode of the season.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 13, 2020 10:45 AM

Jan 2008
Tentacle scene was probably the best thing from this show. From the potential doujins it may create to the amount of triggered people it created despite not even being the first nor second time a female character has been sexually assaulted and only to have viewers complain about dropping it yet we all know they're not going to drop it, because of the fact they're still watching it to this day.
Jul 13, 2020 10:56 AM
May 2020
It is said that there is the same scene as the Leafa scene, but for Sinon, is this true? I hate this Scenes .
Jul 13, 2020 12:22 PM

Sep 2014
Sinon best girl.
Like how Leafa pulled the short straw with her entrance, also that last tentacle knew what's up lol.
Pretty cool entry there from Klein surprisingly.
nerfxJul 13, 2020 12:27 PM
Jul 13, 2020 1:55 PM

Apr 2016
IX_Special1 said:
It is said that there is the same scene as the Leafa scene, but for Sinon, is this true? I hate this Scenes .

No, there’s nothing like that for Sinon. Leafa scene itself was different in the source material. Don’t worry.
Jul 13, 2020 2:17 PM
May 2020
You mean the leafa scene is made because the fan service ? Right ? But why some people say that in the next episodes Sinon scene (rape) will show ? And other people say that scene will not show ? The sinon scene show in light novel or not ? And thx to you 🥰
Jul 13, 2020 2:31 PM

May 2016
That a was a meh episode... I mean since it took so long I already lost interest in the characters and everything else...
Jul 13, 2020 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
heh tentacle-chan makes an early appearance
Jul 13, 2020 3:23 PM

Aug 2013
Art and animation quality are unbelievably hight. Just wow.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 13, 2020 3:54 PM

May 2019
Paul said:
Tentacle scene was probably the best thing from this show. From the potential doujins it may create to the amount of triggered people it created despite not even being the first nor second time a female character has been sexually assaulted and only to have viewers complain about dropping it yet we all know they're not going to drop it, because of the fact they're still watching it to this day.

i mean some people keep watching it just so they can hate on it
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 13, 2020 4:21 PM

Apr 2016
IX_Special1 said:
You mean the leafa scene is made because the fan service ? Right ? But why some people say that in the next episodes Sinon scene (rape) will show ? And other people say that scene will not show ? The sinon scene show in light novel or not ? And thx to you 🥰

Leafa scene was changed for who knows whatever reason by the studio A-1 Pictures. In the light novel nothing happens to Sinon, I don’t know from where this rumor came from but I don’t remember anything like that to happen to her.
Jul 13, 2020 5:53 PM

Jun 2011
I'm so proud of Klein for getting the heroic entrance he so freaking deserved.
Jul 14, 2020 1:58 AM

May 2018
Now that is some great tentacle action
Jul 14, 2020 2:52 AM

Sep 2011
Oh look they must offer us a fanservice first before she does anything.

Jul 14, 2020 3:32 AM

May 2019
I was surprised at the strength of the last cour, so here's hoping that this one follows suit.

A decent start, nothing spectacular but beautiful animation and the introduction of many humanist themes that were developed in the previous cour.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 14, 2020 5:46 AM
Jun 2019
For everyone blaming Reki for the overly sexualized tentacle scene with Leafa: read the LN. Reki didn't write that in, it was an anime original cringy moment that shouldn't have been adapted that way.

Dee DOES immobilize Leafa with her worm like tentacles and they do bite into her flesh to drain the life from her; BUT, the location of them, the plunging into her breasts and up her.. uh ... you know.. that was NOT in the LN.

Blame A1 Pictures, guys.
Jul 14, 2020 9:12 AM

Aug 2018
Interesting episode to start with...
Jul 14, 2020 10:49 AM

Aug 2018
I thought people were blowing out the tentacle scene out of water.I thought it might be like some 2 mins shit which the haters were having a field day with.I was never proved so wrong.Goddamit it was like 10 mins long.I thought Reki was done with sexual assault.If that ORC isn't going to become the next main guy/Eugeo what's the purpose of the scene.
Is it necessary to have some sexual assault every season.The show had poor writing but this is beyond that.
Aside this,the OST and Animation were great.I was really hyped by Bercouli's fight.Also,Klein got the attention that he deserved since s1.Well the writing was never the strong point of the show and this shows it.Atleast the action is well choreographed and animated.A-1's art and animation now looks like Ufo-table
Jul 14, 2020 12:38 PM

May 2019
sonofbatmanrp13 said:
I thought people were blowing out the tentacle scene out of water.I thought it might be like some 2 mins shit which the haters were having a field day with.I was never proved so wrong.Goddamit it was like 10 mins long.I thought Reki was done with sexual assault.If that ORC isn't going to become the next main guy/Eugeo what's the purpose of the scene.
Is it necessary to have some sexual assault every season.The show had poor writing but this is beyond that.
Aside this,the OST and Animation were great.I was really hyped by Bercouli's fight.Also,Klein got the attention that he deserved since s1.Well the writing was never the strong point of the show and this shows it.Atleast the action is well choreographed and animated.A-1's art and animation now looks like Ufo-table

again please its not Reki fault
this scene was never that wild in the light novel
here is the proof

here is the second half
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 14, 2020 3:45 PM
Aug 2019
Honestly I dont see whats the deal with that scene I think people are beign overly sensitive. With anime as usual
Askaa said:
sonofbatmanrp13 said:

here is the proof

here is the second half

Any one who thinks this scene is too much has never watched this anime before and should not be watching it in the first place
Jul 14, 2020 3:46 PM
Aug 2019
lmancin1 said:
For everyone blaming Reki for the overly sexualized tentacle scene with Leafa: read the LN. Reki didn't write that in, it was an anime original cringy moment that shouldn't have been adapted that way.

Dee DOES immobilize Leafa with her worm like tentacles and they do bite into her flesh to drain the life from her; BUT, the location of them, the plunging into her breasts and up her.. uh ... you know.. that was NOT in the LN.

Blame A1 Pictures, guys.

No one should be blamed except our overly sensitive society that gets all up in arms over what happens to animated characters
Hexasheep1993Jul 14, 2020 3:50 PM
Jul 14, 2020 3:54 PM

Oct 2019
Hexasheep1993 said:
lmancin1 said:

Blame A1 Pictures, guys.

No one should be blamed except our overly sensitive society that gets all up in arms over what happens to animated characters

I agree on that. There are people who do not care if something happens to a real person but they would lose their minds if the same thing happen to a fictional character. It’s based on something I read for real.
Jul 14, 2020 10:01 PM

Mar 2009
There's always that one awkward moment in Sword Art Online when it temporarily turns into a hentai. They did Leafa dirty with that one.

At least the #1 waifu Klein is back.
Jul 14, 2020 10:09 PM

Aug 2018
Askaa said:
sonofbatmanrp13 said:

here is the proof

here is the second half
well I have not read the light novels.I never liked A-1.If they did it for shock value then they are really the worst studio out there.
Hexasheep1993 said:
Honestly I dont see whats the deal with that scene I think people are beign overly sensitive. With anime as usual
Askaa said:

here is the proof

here is the second half

Any one who thinks this scene is too much has never watched this anime before and should not be watching it in the first place
The problem isn't the sexual assault it's the excessive use of it as a plot device.Even shows which are dark fantasy like Vinland saga and Berserk have less rape than the SAO anime combined.
Jul 15, 2020 5:30 AM

Aug 2017
I forgot to mention that Klein's entry was badass!!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 15, 2020 11:27 AM

Dec 2017
I loved the first part, and in general this second continued with the same mood, so I loved this new season.

Regarding the controversial scene:
I disagree with those who say that the scene has not added anything. She developed and humanized a little more Suguha (kirito's cousin), besides giving her a narrative function, things that complained about her since the first season. The scene also ended up with a villain and was extremely necessary for the pig, since it was a catalyst that would make him break the limit, being consistent with what had already been worked on by the character. In addition to that it also humanized the pig and developed it even more.

But for me it was the lowest point of the episode, and not because of what they are boasting about.

1- I've watched a lot thing, but I never liked this tentacle fetish. Despite being something widely used in anime and perhaps gaining support in a Japanese from part. Even so, in general, it is something that historically in the animations has been somewhat disapproved of even by the niches of the niches, of the niches, and using this does not seem to me to have been a good choice.

2- I recognize that they put in the best animators, that the animation is cutting edge, that there was a lot of care and a lot of time given to the scene. But, when the concept of character design is not a good one, doesn’t have any effects.

3- There was a hint of inconsistency, or at least it was necessary to work on the motivations of Kirito's cousin (“sister”) to react that way. Both in relation to the pig, and in relation to the hesitation in attacking the enemy, allowing himself to be subjected to torture.

Now with regard to having ecchi, being a “rape”, these controversial, politically correct, common accusations that are boasting. In relation to this, it is so ridiculously absurd to have to hear that, that I refuse to give an answer. But if I were to complain about it, I would complain that there was little sensuality. Who would be excited about that?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 15, 2020 4:42 PM
Jul 2020
It was ok 👌👌
I don't really like this season
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.