Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2018 12:44 AM

Oct 2017
Too much exposition dump with nothing happening on the screen. The directing is not good ngl.

There are some minor problems with the visuals, like they forgot to add shadow here and there etc etc. But I'll let it slide.

2/5
Oct 7, 2018 1:19 AM
Jul 2007
Did anyone catch a subtle reference to Re:Zero when Kirito did the bow? The VA sounded just like his other character. At 8:49...it was creepy.
eraltergOct 7, 2018 1:25 AM
Oct 7, 2018 2:02 AM

Oct 2013
Well it's a good way to start this long ass arc. They cut some details that could have explained Underworld more but it's understandable that not everything will get adapted.

I still haven't finished reading the LN for this arc (stuck at Uniting since it got a bit boring for me) but watching this episode renewed my interest and looks like I'm gonna try reading it again.

The three kids running in the OP feels weird to me. I like how they put the title of the volume in the OP. Hope they keep doing that.

hiikaoru said:
wow didn't know umbrellas were sharp enough to pierce people

Clearly you haven't watched Another
Oct 7, 2018 2:03 AM
Jun 2016
SwordBreaker28 said:
My good this anime series is just im not sure how to describe it.

Man they turned Asuna from annoying ass hell then to damsel and now a creep with that phone monitoring stuff is just way way to creepy.

That idea wasn't from Asuna, you know? Kirito had a part-time job and they recommended him to embed sensor into his body which Asuna was against it n the first place, then she forced him to install an application on her phone because she did’t want some unknown company to monopolize Kirito’s health data. And now she actually uses it for safety and in order to know how he is in real time.

Stop saying bad to her if you don't know the true reason, just because you have a prejudice against her

Oct 7, 2018 2:11 AM

Sep 2017
The episode was really great. The quality was.

..............,´¯­­`,
.........,´¯`,....­­/
....../¯/.../..../
..../../.../..../­­..,-----,
../../.../....//­­´...........`.
./../.../..../­­......../´¯\....\
('.('..('....('....­­...|.....'._.'
.\.................­­...`\.../´...)
...\...............­­......V...../
.....\.............­­............/
.......`•............­­.......•´
..........|.........­­........|
........▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
........▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓

Ayy LaughingCoffin is back baby! ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
Oct 7, 2018 2:12 AM
Nov 2017
Starting from the animation I must say I'm impressed, the continuation also from last season there seem to be slight changes, but I think the improvement is worth it the last few minutes left us in suspense, itching for the next episode, A1 pictures did a great job and it's rivalry between this and Ufotable, characters looks and design is more finesse, this show instigates A1's masterpiece, it's adorable
Oct 7, 2018 2:16 AM
Nov 2017
Nitpic said:
Too much exposition dump with nothing happening on the screen. The directing is not good ngl.

There are some minor problems with the visuals, like they forgot to add shadow here and there etc etc. But I'll let it slide.

2/5

I bet no other studio apart from mad house, wix and Ufotable can do a decent job like this
Oct 7, 2018 2:46 AM

Aug 2013
So this is what an A-1 Anime looks like when they devote a large amount of resources to a particular project? About time. All in all, I'm pleased with what I've seen so far. Definitely allows me to relive Alicization without having to fall asleep. Alicization was always meant to be anime in my eyes because reading it is a major challenge. Not because it's hard or anything but you will easily lose focus and fall asleep while reading due to how long the chapters can be...and dry. But yeah, I may have my issues with SAO as a whole, yet I can say that I'm excited to see how this arc is animated.

UPDATE: Yuki Kajiura, LiSA, and Eir Aoi? Yep we good.
DedPandaOct 7, 2018 3:26 AM
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 7, 2018 2:52 AM
Sep 2018
Tbh the first episode of Alicization was really good, as expected of the series that got world premiere in 10 different countries.
Really hyped for second episode.
Oct 7, 2018 3:26 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
-Riptide- said:
Well it's a good way to start this long ass arc. They cut some details that could have explained Underworld more but it's understandable that not everything will get adapted.

I still haven't finished reading the LN for this arc (stuck at Uniting since it got a bit boring for me) but watching this episode renewed my interest and looks like I'm gonna try reading it again.

The three kids running in the OP feels weird to me. I like how they put the title of the volume in the OP. Hope they keep doing that.

Keep reading, once you pass a certain part, you will never stop, till your heart breaks (T_T)... that is out it happened to me.
Oct 7, 2018 3:31 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
superzombie23 said:
I only read the LN up to the part where they go into the cave, and I believe it captured the feeling of the LN perfectly; you're not sure if this is real or not, and it starts out the exact same way. Seeing it animated makes it a little more obvious this is like a game when it shows the item information screens pop-up. Reading it was a little more immersive, but I think the anime capture the essence perfectly. I don't plan on reading anymore since this is airing now.

I thought the animation was beautiful, but there were some jarring ugly drawn parts, but most of it was animated well. I hope the quality stays high.

I'd be very surprised if Kirito dies and his soul was copied like Heathcliff. I highly doubt the show would kill off their Mary Sue though. And looking at the OP at the credits, I can only guess Alice got an affiliation change and became the very thing Kirito was aiming to defeat. I'm going to guess he gets his memories back somehow.

True, when you read the LN, it feels more like it is their own reality and not a game they are into, but seeing them popping the menu like that kinda breaks the charm a bit.

Kirito is the MC, along with Eugeo, but that doesnt mean they are safe... both will get pretty much fucked alot during Alicization, this is the most psychological SAO you will ever see, if they play it right, since inside the Underworld there is no pain limiters, you get your arm cut and it is cut for life and you feel all the pain, it is a much more to reality VR "game" than previous ones ever where, so MCs suffer alot more too in a way.

shayed__ said:
Playcool said:
Episode 1 is so long I m going to take my time with it.
Saw like 15 min so far, enjoyed it alot.
Gave the OP at the end a sneak peek, Quinella looks amazing, that OP is lit!

lol.

Your message must contain 15 characters

Lol, this first episode is rather big, and knowing what will happen, just didnt want to rush it.
All things considered I do think it would have had more emotional value IF they had divided this into ep1 and ep2, with 1 ending when Kirito awakes after Alice is taken away, for the chopping block... the whole later part of ep1 could have been an ep2 itself, with another cliffhanger (that plays a very big role in all the events of this arc).

I guess they had to do it this way since they have so much to adapt, it was a nice move sure, not complaining, just that it kinda broke it a bit to see Kirito crying then all suddently such a mood swift.
Still have to see like the last 10 mins of this though~~

We are in for a treat if they keep this quality going.

It just hit me up on how this is goodbye to Alice in a way T_T
Dont read this if you havent read till vol14...
PlaycoolOct 7, 2018 3:57 AM
Oct 7, 2018 4:08 AM
Mar 2009
Nainakawaii said:
SwordBreaker28 said:
My good this anime series is just im not sure how to describe it.

Man they turned Asuna from annoying ass hell then to damsel and now a creep with that phone monitoring stuff is just way way to creepy.

That idea wasn't from Asuna, you know? Kirito had a part-time job and they recommended him to embed sensor into his body which Asuna was against it n the first place, then she forced him to install an application on her phone because she did’t want some unknown company to monopolize Kirito’s health data. And now she actually uses it for safety and in order to know how he is in real time.

Stop saying bad to her if you don't know the true reason, just because you have a prejudice against her

That must have been missed in the anime.
This is straight from the anime.

Kirito: They recommended it to me when I started at my current part time-job.
Becuse it would be a hassle to stick electrodes on me every time.
And when I told Asuna about it, she started using it for this. (AND She fucking smile about it like a creep)

So no She was no aginst it and she was just being a crazy girl friend heck even Sino taught it was a bit creepy. So yeah she is creepy but what do I know seams people like you love girls who are a bit nut and creepy. People may like Harley Quinn but they still now don´t stick your D in crazy.
Oct 7, 2018 4:40 AM

Mar 2014
Oh boy we're gonna be here for a whole year...can the haters keep up with SAO for a whole year?!

Lets find out
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 7, 2018 4:40 AM

Sep 2014
Hmm, I was surprised this was 45 minutes. I liked the beginning even though it felt a bit random but found Eugo and Alice interesting from what I saw and the world seemed quite a nice place and setting for a good arc. The GGO action looked good visually yet an obvious padding but I found the whole Soul Translator and Underworld quite intriguing. This episode still didn't make me care for Kirito, any character from his harem barring Shinon or the KiritoxAsuna moments. As for the ending, as much as I wish Kirito could kick the bucket for the sake of having a better main character, he is going to make it. Eh at least as long as this moment plays an important role in the arc itself later on, I'm fine with it. Overall, a decent start but I will be still keeping my expectations low when it comes to SAO.
Oct 7, 2018 4:41 AM
Oct 2012
SwordBreaker28 said:
Nainakawaii said:

And when I told Asuna about it, she started using it for this. (AND She fucking smile about it like a creep)

So no She was no aginst it and she was just being a crazy girl friend heck even Sino taught it was a bit creepy. So yeah she is creepy but what do I know seams people like you love girls who are a bit nut and creepy. People may like Harley Quinn but they still now don´t stick your D in crazy.

seriously man, i found it super cute and nice when i read this part in novel ~4 years ago at how asuna got that heartbeat monitor.

i think you brain going off in the wrong direction, like toward those untrustful girls friends or those that check their BF's mobile to check if he is cheating etc.

or maybe u never fell in love, this is not Monitoring Kirito in any special way ! it is not about checking on him creeply, it's about seeing his heartbeat and knowing he is alive.

do u not see thousands of movie since decades ago sometimes show a couple liking to hear their partner's heart beating ?

like girl put her head on the boy's heart and feel bliss and enjoyment as it beat ?
this is also like that.

plus ! even in anime it is said that it was not asuna's idea to implant that censor into his heart, and she did not force kirito to do anything.
but since she had the chance and it was already ready, she liked it and asked to have it in her mobile.
Oct 7, 2018 4:44 AM

Jan 2015
Very very enjoyed this one, and it felt so nostalgic when they played the sad OST while Kirino and Asuna started talking

immortaluchiha said:
Less than 10% of haters lul, even after making all those alt accounts they can only manage upto to 10%
Try hard bois

I’m quite sure that SAO has the highest number of haters for an anime LOL
People must have boring lives I guess
Oct 7, 2018 4:50 AM
Aug 2018
Xenocrisi said:
Very very enjoyed this one, and it felt so nostalgic when they played the sad OST while Kirino and Asuna started talking

immortaluchiha said:
Less than 10% of haters lul, even after making all those alt accounts they can only manage upto to 10%
Try hard bois

Nah actually they don't have a life at all, that's why they are obsessed with hating on a fictional work.
Oct 7, 2018 5:17 AM
Oct 2012
immortaluchiha said:
Xenocrisi said:

Nah actually they don't have a life at all, that's why they are obsessed with hating on a fictional work.

I'm 100% Sure as a SAO Lover and Reader of the novel, I spent way less time watching SAO videos or commenting in discussion about SAO or even thinking about SAO at all ! compare to these haters !

it really surprise me how much free time they have to use it on something they hate !
talk about masochism xD
Oct 7, 2018 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
lowkey confused after watching this..but oh well
Oct 7, 2018 5:32 AM
Mar 2009
Pedram said:
SwordBreaker28 said:

seriously man, i found it super cute and nice when i read this part in novel ~4 years ago at how asuna got that heartbeat monitor.

i think you brain going off in the wrong direction, like toward those untrustful girls friends or those that check their BF's mobile to check if he is cheating etc.

or maybe u never fell in love, this is not Monitoring Kirito in any special way ! it is not about checking on him creeply, it's about seeing his heartbeat and knowing he is alive.

do u not see thousands of movie since decades ago sometimes show a couple liking to hear their partner's heart beating ?

like girl put her head on the boy's heart and feel bliss and enjoyment as it beat ?
this is also like that.

plus ! even in anime it is said that it was not asuna's idea to implant that censor into his heart, and she did not force kirito to do anything.
but since she had the chance and it was already ready, she liked it and asked to have it in her mobile.

I Never fell in love I will tell that to my gf and also tell my 2 kids that I never been in love and never had sex I bet they will believe me. Heck even my gf who watched the episode think it´s not normal. Yeah sure you wanna know your loved one is alive but keeping heart beat and wight tracking on some one that´s just creepy it´s not something normal couples do or need to do. Sure if Kirito maybe have a bad heart and needed to have some one keep a check up because he has a bad hearth I would understand but just having because you love some one so much you need to monitor them that´s borderline crazy love and not normal.
Oct 7, 2018 5:32 AM
Jan 2018
Pedram said:
SwordBreaker28 said:

this is also like that.

didn't they omit the part where asuana as a tracker in her ,
Oct 7, 2018 5:42 AM
Oct 2012
SwordBreaker28 said:
Pedram said:

this is also like that.

I Never fell in love I will tell that to my gf and also tell my 2 kids that I never been in love and never had sex I bet they will believe me. Heck even my gf who watched the episode think it´s not normal. Yeah sure you wanna know your loved one is alive but keeping heart beat and wight tracking on some one that´s just creepy it´s not something normal couples do or need to do. Sure if Kirito maybe have a bad heart and needed to have some one keep a check up because he has a bad hearth I would understand but just having because you love some one so much you need to monitor them that´s borderline crazy love and not normal.

That's the thing, She does not NEED to have Kirito's heartbeat monitored,
but Kirito's heart was monitored and was already sending the data, and she just got it on her mobile coz she found it nice and romantic to have.

it's not like she is looking at the heart beat all the time when she is alone and *heavy breathing* lol xD

if Kirito's health go bad, it will report it. and it keep record, she don't even have to look at it all time to "monitor"

anyway, Im my opinion it was a nice thing and i did not one bit found any fault with it.
but everyone got their own opinion.
Oct 7, 2018 5:50 AM
Jul 2007
SwordBreaker28 said:

I think you're taking the heart monitor thing too literally. It's just a cute way to symbolize her love for Kirito. Yes, Sinon finds it weird as well, but this is between people who have experienced near-death situations on more than one occasion. So, seeing someone's heart beating puts her at ease. I mean, if you're imagining Harley Quinn or someone wacky saying "I'm monitoring your heart-beat" , then yes that is creepy, but this is a young girl who just really is still in the beginning phases of her love-relationship when you consider how old they are. I think these characters are barely coming up on or are 18. They don't have to act mature like a middle-aged adult. I think you're also overlooking the possibility that there's also a cultural difference considering this is Japanese and not American, when you are referencing Batman and stuff like that. This is more intended as fan-service than a creep you out moment. At the same time, maybe Kirito does get off on the fact that his girl is monitoring him? But in your defense, I think Sinon would agree with you it's a bit of an over-kill, however based on all my points before, what Asuna said just works in the environment and context of the show. You're taking it totally out of context.
eraltergOct 7, 2018 6:05 AM
Oct 7, 2018 6:00 AM
Mar 2009
superzombie23 said:
SwordBreaker28 said:

I think you're taking the heart monitor thing to literally. It's just a cute way to symbolize her love for Kirito. Yes, Sinon finds it weird as well, but this is between people who have experienced near-death situations. So, seeing someone's heart beating puts her at ease. I mean, if you're imagining Harley Quinn or someone wacky saying "I'm monitoring your heart-beat" , then yes that is creepy, but this is a normal girl who just really cares that the person she loves is alive. And they're technically still young-adults. They don't have to act mature like a middle-aged adult. I think you're also overlooking the possibility that there's also a cultural difference considering this is Japanese and not American.

Cute ?? It´s obsessive not cute but then again I beet you think that in what was it some of the twilight movies that it´s cute watching people sleep. No it´s not cute it´s fucking creepy.

No not even normal Japanese people would find this obsessive so no you can not use the different culture card.

You just don´t wanna admit that Asuna almost come across a bit Yandere.

But I do understand you wanna defend your favorite character and your allowed to do that I don´t mind it. But then I have the right to dislike her and say that I find her creepy that´s my opinion it´s not same as yours so now lets end it here I find her obsessive and unlikable that it. So drop it.
SwordBreaker36Oct 7, 2018 6:05 AM
Oct 7, 2018 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
hiikaoru said:
wow didn't know umbrellas were sharp enough to pierce people

If you placed enough pressure to the umbrella it's possible tbh.
Oct 7, 2018 6:12 AM
Oct 2012
superzombie23 said:
SwordBreaker28 said:

I think you're taking the heart monitor thing too literally. It's just a cute way to symbolize her love for Kirito. Yes, Sinon finds it weird as well, but this is between people who have experienced near-death situations on more than one occasion. So, seeing someone's heart beating puts her at ease. I mean, if you're imagining Harley Quinn or someone wacky saying "I'm monitoring your heart-beat" , then yes that is creepy, but this is a young girl who just really is still in the beginning phases of her love-relationship when you consider how old they are. I think these characters are barely coming up on or are 18. They don't have to act mature like a middle-aged adult. I think you're also overlooking the possibility that there's also a cultural difference considering this is Japanese and not American, when you are referencing Batman and stuff like that. This is more intended as fan-service than a creep you out moment. At the same time, maybe Kirito does get off on the fact that his girl is monitoring him? But in your defense, I think Sinon would agree with you it's a bit of an over-kill, however based on all my points before, what Asuna said just works in the environment and context of the show. You're taking it totally out of context.

forget it bro, no point arguing with him if he find looking at ur love sleeping as creepy too, then he can surely find this creepy as well, no point arguing any farther. we just have to agree to disagree.

tbh by his definition I'm a creepy person as well as i love to watch my girl sleeping face even for several min.
:shrug:
Oct 7, 2018 6:13 AM

Oct 2013
Playcool said:
-Riptide- said:

Keep reading, once you pass a certain part, you will never stop, till your heart breaks (T_T)... that is out it happened to me.

I definitely will. But there's so much that I'm reading right now so I'll probably finish that first before reading SAO again. Rising, Dividing, and Uniting just burnt me out that I stayed away from it for a while.
Oct 7, 2018 6:19 AM
Mar 2009
Pedram said:
superzombie23 said:

forget it bro, no point arguing with him if he find looking at ur love sleeping as creepy too, then he can surely find this creepy as well, no point arguing any farther. we just have to agree to disagree.

tbh by his definition I'm a creepy person as well as i love to watch my girl sleeping face even for several min.
:shrug:

No a few min is not creepy but if you said you do it all night then yes you would be creepy. And fucking yes lets agree to disagree. Fucking finally, you find it cute I find it creepy why did we even have to argue about it from the start you find some stuff cute while I find it obsessive and creepy that would been the end of it.
Oct 7, 2018 6:36 AM

Mar 2016
Huh? I actually enjoyed it. SAO has been boring ever since Kirito and Asuna got virtually married, so I didn't think this episode would be good at all. (Maybe I liked it because I was expecting nothing.)

The blond Kirito is so cute. Not physically cute, but he behaves in a cute way.

I was bored when Kirito got out of the first game, but it became interesting later.

The first game was confusing. Just how much of it was a game? Well, Kirito asked the same question as well, so I guess we will be getting an answer.

It's nice to see Asuna not being useless. When she was first introduced, I really liked her. She was feminine, but strong. Later, she just became the damsel in distress.

The biggest problem I have right now is how heroic Kirito is. He wants to save everybody. That is annoying. Still, I am glad they balanced that out with the blond Kirito, though I know he will also end up brave because this is an action story.

I laughed for a while when three adults pinned down one small Kirito. Yet, he managed to get away. Then, the people just stay silent and do nothing. I guess they are NPCs?

Also, farting swords!! lol!
FuMomo-kunOct 7, 2018 6:40 AM
Oct 7, 2018 7:52 AM
Aug 2018
hmm... at least i found a new use for an umbrella ....lol
If you only face forward, there is something you will miss seeing
Oct 7, 2018 7:55 AM

Nov 2014
Huh... I'm guessing the long amount of time they spent on that in-game world is relevant to something further down?

Asuna and her creepy enjoyment over being able to monitor Kirito's heartbeat discreetly from her mobile phone is pretty unsettling. I hope they didn't take time expanding on that just to introduce the concept of some tracker there, just to be a convenient shield exactly where this guy happens to try to poke a poisonous weapon into Kirito.

Either ways, lots of set up being made in this episode. There's the new game, they've yet to truly wrap up the Death Gun incident, there's BoB and there's Kirito going to America. Wonder where they'll go from here? There's got 1 year of airing time after all, lots of time to expand on everything.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 7, 2018 8:11 AM

Apr 2017
I loved it,
I only wish some dickhead didn't post spoilers in the comments on kissanime >:(
Oct 7, 2018 8:41 AM

Jul 2016
I'm glad that they add anime original content especially for cameo and foreshadowing. GGO scene looks good, if the animation like this is going to be consistent, then I'm truly looking forward for all the fights.

LiSA is on fire. Happy to hear a new SAO song from her.
Oct 7, 2018 8:47 AM
Sep 2017
I hate SAO, really, retarded fans,excessive protagonism(final first arc) etc, but I was curious about alicization, because I saw many (even those who do not like SAO) saying that this arc is exceptionally better than the others.
And that 1st episode was really cool, it showed the world and give vagues explanations of things, and the sequence of GGO (q was the only thing I liked SAO (the game, not the arc)) were incredible.
Eugeo is a person useless and weak but it's not your fault, the game have errors and as in all SAO ... anyone have risk of life(i'am not mencion Alice).
i'll go along this one year of anime for see if correspond my expectations
Oct 7, 2018 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
Honestly thought that here there will be a warzone, surprisingly it is calm. Pretty much knew all the stuff that happened in this episode, exactly those couple of manga chapters, pretty long exposition, but it was not that bad. And is it only me, didn't see anyone mention, but the animation is amazing, that was so pleasant to watch, exclude again sometimes those 3d effects. And as much as i want Index to at least compete with SAO the start was really good and pretty hype for what's coming. If just forget about 2nd awful season then it should be fine; but again those stupid lightsabers ...
Liked the OP a lot, so couple more great songs for this season.
Well very surprised how good the start was and again really want to mention the animation.
Oct 7, 2018 8:55 AM
Aug 2018
Pedram said:
immortaluchiha said:

I'm 100% Sure as a SAO Lover and Reader of the novel, I spent way less time watching SAO videos or commenting in discussion about SAO or even thinking about SAO at all ! compare to these haters !

it really surprise me how much free time they have to use it on something they hate !
talk about masochism xD

I know right, seriously took their hate on the next level.
Oct 7, 2018 9:01 AM
Aug 2018
immortaluchiha said:
Pedram said:

talk about masochism xD

Well must have a lot of free time to waste their time on something they hate, well if you are living with your parents money without doing any job and watch anime all day, you pretty much have that kind of free time.
Oct 7, 2018 9:10 AM
Oct 2012
immortaluchiha said:
immortaluchiha said:

Well must have a lot of free time to waste their time on something they hate, well if you are living with your parents money without doing any job and watch anime all day, you pretty much have that kind of free time.

ah how i wish i had more time,
I actually didn't got to finish reading the rest of this arc, i still did not read volume 16+ of the novel, i was reading vol15 in Tab's website since Official Translation was still on Volume 3-4 or something !
but coz of being busy with my Master Degree, i stop reading any Japanese novel for 3 years now.
Will surely finish the novel before anime catch up to volume 16.
Oct 7, 2018 9:17 AM
Aug 2018
immortaluchiha said:
immortaluchiha said:

Pedram said:
immortaluchiha said:

ah how i wish i had more time,
I actually didn't got to finish reading the rest of this arc, i still did not read volume 16+ of the novel, i was reading vol15 in Tab's website since Official Translation was still on Volume 3-4 or something !
but coz of being busy with my Master Degree, i stop reading any Japanese novel for 3 years now.
Will surely finish the novel before anime catch up to volume 16.

And here I don't wanna be spoiled so I won't touch any of the LN Alicization arc until the anime finishes airing.
Oct 7, 2018 9:20 AM
Oct 2012
niftyn said:
I hate SAO, really, retarded fans,excessive protagonism(final first arc) etc, but I was curious about alicization, because I saw many (even those who do not like SAO) saying that this arc is exceptionally better than the others.
And that 1st episode was really cool, it showed the world and give vagues explanations of things, and the sequence of GGO (q was the only thing I liked SAO (the game, not the arc)) were incredible.
Eugeo is a person useless and weak but it's not your fault, the game have errors and as in all SAO ... anyone have risk of life(i'am not mencion Alice).

I am 100% sure i read this comment before ... but ur post count is only 1 ... lol

anyway, what u saying is pretty wrong, if u really hate it, don't watch it, if you want to watch it, then please forget ur prejudice and try to enjoy the plot until everything is explained.

u call the fans retard but u don't watch the show carefully yourself.
Eugeo is not useless at all ! is not weaker than kirito at all ! it was obvious in the anime the reason he could not go and help Alice was his eye !
the only reason kirito was able to do it is coz he don't have that seal in his eye.

if you want check a bit of spoiler
Oct 7, 2018 9:24 AM
Aug 2018
Pedram said:
niftyn said:

I am 100% sure i read this comment before ... but ur post count is only 1 ... lol

anyway, what u saying is pretty wrong, if u really hate it, don't watch it, if you want to watch it, then please forget ur prejudice and try to enjoy the plot until everything is explained.

u call the fans retard but u don't watch the show carefully yourself.
Eugeo is not useless at all ! is not weaker than kirito at all ! it was obvious in the anime the reason he could not go and help Alice was his eye !
the only reason kirito was able to do it is coz he don't have that seal in his eye.

if you want check a bit of spoiler

Actually there is not use in explaining, they only watch SAO to hate on them, they will find any small reason for nitpicking on it.
Oct 7, 2018 9:29 AM

Mar 2017
I never really liked SAO much. But this season is looking interesting.
Oct 7, 2018 9:40 AM

Jul 2015
If you ignore the whole "let's mess with a kids brain" by the goverment, and the weak plot device to make Kirito hooked for life in a machine, it's probably going to be ok. Animation quality seems good enough.

SAO always get worse when the author tries too hard to give scientific background of everything. I hope it stops from now on.

Oct 7, 2018 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
It was good. The beginning confused me though.
Oct 7, 2018 9:58 AM
Sep 2016
AdrianRubinsky said:
If you ignore the whole "let's mess with a kids brain" by the goverment, and the weak plot device to make Kirito hooked for life in a machine, it's probably going to be ok. Animation quality seems good enough.

SAO always get worse when the author tries too hard to give scientific background of everything. I hope it stops from now on.

It won't stop i hope
make a better use of your time ;)
Oct 7, 2018 10:05 AM

Sep 2014
when Kirito and Asuna both went calm at the same time after Sinon teased them a bit I thought I was watching SAO abridged.

Also, Bartender-san had exactly 1 line or rather word in this one. Lmao, imagine when your only customers are some teenagers

definitely looking forward to this. Many say Alicization will be amazing. Im okay with not having a shitty second half for onceñ
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 7, 2018 10:32 AM

Nov 2015

I didn't hate SAO but I recognized it was a very flawed story. It had so much to be fixed but it still remained as a at least enjoyable anime. We all know the hate SAO gets.
Being that said I was surprised with this new, first episode of what promises to be a long journey, considering it's gonna be a full 4 cour series (God, I missed this +3 cour series).

It appeared to be a blank start; as if everything we knew was taken away. It seemed like a new life. Game concepts we know as health, menus, loot, were show to us just to remember we are seeing a game world but... Kirito and the others seemed to... behave like it was real for them; in fact, for them it was.

Setting aside the dangerous that can be writing memories directly into "the soul" this concepts blurs even further the line between what it is, in this anime's universe, real or just a virtual game.

I liked the unfolding of events, how they developed naturally; the animation was solid; the color palette was bright and vivid, and drawings sharp. The music tho, that was amazing.
The OP made by our beloved LiSA is amazing: ADAMAS. There's something in her songs that just pump you so hard, gets you exited and ready for more. Can't wait to listen to the ED by Aoi Eir, another of my favorites.

The GGO segment was lovely. Personally my favorite part of the SAO anime.
Good to see best girl Sinon in her original GGO avatar and owning some people. It's still funny how serious they get with other players PKing: they do it too, besides, it's a game xD
And get this, they mentioned Shinkawa! I mean, I know he's not an important character anymore (not that he was, even) but something so serious that a friend of you, became crazy and almost tried to rape you and was a accomplice in murdering, dude, that's something it's important in a person's life! Besides, this sets up the mood and background for the next scene of the other accomplice coming for revenge against Kirito.

Good episode. I was not expecting much of SAO but the internet kept saying that this arc could redeem SAO for good, and it's looking good.

FuMomo-kun said:

Also, farting swords!! lol!

I THOUGHT THE SAME HAHAHAHAHA
Oct 7, 2018 10:36 AM
Oct 2018
Watched the first episode and i gotta say...I'm loving it already...I was looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint...Though its to early to say anything but still...loved it and as long as the story goes i think it'll be more complex then the first two seasons...overall... i think it'll be fun...
Oct 7, 2018 10:43 AM

Feb 2014
This marks, for me, the first time I'll be watching the main SAO series as it airs, so after liking the two seasons prior, I was interested to finding out why the Alicization arc so hyped up.

The first episode, being a double-length episode, was pretty good. The visuals shows that when A-1 go all out, they can do some really good-looking shows. The set-up to the story was pretty good too. The first half almost felt like a different story altogether, but I enjoyed it.

With this season being 4-cours long, I doubt each episode will maintain this visual quality and animation all the time, but as long as A-1 doesn't screw up here and the story matches the already high-leveled hype, then I think this could be the best SAO series yet. Looking forward to more! =D
Oct 7, 2018 11:02 AM

May 2016
WOO! My biggest fear for SAO is that the relationship would go on the backburner and Kirito/Asuna would seem even more platonic than they did previously. While I'm aware of what ~happens~ in Alicization, it's good to see something as straightforward as a kiss - and in the first episode! - to solidify my hopes for their relationship.

Alice can get cucked.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.