Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2015 6:36 PM

Nov 2012
deadoptimist said:
Epicenter said:
Eh Saazbum and Crutheo too me were no fools, neither is this blond kid who likes earth. Also are we sure all these counts were in Heaven's fall? To my memory only Saazbum was confirmed to be of such, and he seems a lot older than these brats who are usually counts, outside of Crutheo.

They died idiotically though and were wasted as characters, but you're right that these two seemed almost clever. Cruhteo was bigoted beyond any help though. I was going through ep.8 to make offensive gifs recently, and I must tell that I felt Cruhteo had been brought down in my eyes by the knights' general level.

From the promo materials I remember that the orbital knights at least initially were the ones who went to Earth with the young king. Saazbaum with Orlaine were the only ones who went down on Earth right before the catastrophy, but the others must have been left in orbit.
It's debatable, how many knights from that time are alive, and it's hard to speculate since the age is not shown well in anime and the dates don't always add up in this show.

But that was my additional point to the fact that it's strange to see so many inept poeple at a high position. And their society was intended to be martial-oriented and still with possibilities to raise for the talented.

The pacifist knight from this ep. is laid back, but not terribly able.

Well I think it's more than just being laid back, he realizes if they want to use the resources on earth its unwise to just wasteland it and have a accidental scorched earth policy. I do agree we haven't been given enough factual stuff on the time and who was where, but IDK, the fact that the first emperor is old as fuck now, had a son who died and his son has a daughter -the princess- who doesn't look THAT much younger than these counts outside of Crutheo and Saazbum makes me believe that none of these brats were involved in the past big stuff. Still, that's just my speculation.
Jaywalker.
Feb 7, 2015 6:42 PM

Jul 2014
Epicenter said:
I do agree we haven't been given enough factual stuff on the time and who was where, but IDK, the fact that the first emperor is old as fuck now, had a son who died and his son has a daughter -the princess-r who doesn't look THAT much younger than these counts outside of Crutheo and Saazbum makes me believe that none of these brats were involved in the past big stuff. Still, that's just my speculation.

Can't argue that we lack info. And they do look young. But I still don't find it realistic that they don't learn even with their lives at stake.

Savethebestforu said:
This is just a comment off reddit, but I'd thought it was interesting to think about. The discussions have taken a turn to this theory.

Hm, it looks plausible, though thought is often wasted on A.Z. I thought that he was referring his and Asseylum's circumstances, but that is too self-reflecting for him.
But I suspect that he will be an antagonist.

Hmm, by the way, do you think that they'll use the fact that Inaho has aldnoah soon? They have another core now. (But they have several abandoned castles of cores actually)
Feb 7, 2015 6:45 PM

May 2012
Savethebestforu said:
This is just a comment off reddit, but I'd thought it was interesting to think about. The discussions have taken a turn to this theory. So basically, everyone in this thread (me included) interpreted Slaine's dialogue about the caged birds as him keeping Asseylum sedated. But this could just be a misunderstanding in the script. I actually have no idea now, because I don't want to look like an idiot thinking Slaine was behind the Princess' coma when he wasn't.

Sareneia said:
I'm pretty sure the bird in the cage metaphor is referring to the power of Aldnoah. He says birds are kept in cages because they're beautiful, which mirrors Hime and Lemrina living restricted lives because they're valued for their Aldnoah power. The camera shifts focus to Lemrina while he's saying this, so the metaphor has to be referring to her too. He also says he pities them, so I think his end goal is somehow destroying Aldnoah so both of the princesses can live normal lives.

This is all my opinion, but I really hope they don't go crazy route with Slaine, making Inaho and the earthlings into heroes for vanquishing the evil Vers empire. It would kill any sympathy and development that they have given his character. I want a more complex ending.

My biggest nightmare about this show is that Inaho receives the typical shounen hero end and saves the day by stopping Slaine, who has become pure evil, just because they need a big bad guy for Inaho to beat. Then he gets the princess, Vers and Earth magically become best friends, and everyone is happy. I think I'd have a stroke.

Not even Guilty Crown had the happily ever after ending, what makes you think this will?
Plus Shonen is a demographic, not a genre. Typical Shonen Hero, explains very little.
Feb 7, 2015 6:46 PM

Nov 2012
Honestly, I'd be shocked as all hell if Slaine didn't turn into a full antagonist/big bag. TBH I considered him one ever since he shot Inaho, but that could be my personal bias kicking in. He is certainly being portrayed as someone who is about to become one, if he isn't one already.
Jaywalker.
Feb 7, 2015 6:49 PM

May 2012
Epicenter said:
Honestly, I'd be shocked as all hell if Slaine didn't turn into a full antagonist/big bag. TBH I considered him one ever since he shot Inaho, but that could be my personal bias kicking in. He is certainly being portrayed as someone who is about to become one, if he isn't one already.

Idk if I would call him a BIG BAD, but that he's going to be the one who needs to be stopped. I have very little doubt about. I still see him or Inaho dying at the end of this, or both. I also see the earth surviving due to Vers being in a state of civil war, as opposed to any actual peace between the two planets.
Feb 7, 2015 6:56 PM

Jun 2013
KamiAlice said:

Not even Guilty Crown had the happily ever after ending, what makes you think this will?
Plus Shonen is a demographic, not a genre. Typical Shonen Hero, explains very little.

Well, MAL considers shounen a genre, but I was trying to make a dramatic example.

Anyways, I said the ending would be my nightmare so I don't think it will happen, but there is a small possibility in my mind that this will happen the way they are setting up Inaho's drive to save the Princess.
Feb 7, 2015 6:57 PM

Mar 2013
Epicenter said:

You mean in episode 7 or in 12?
Feb 7, 2015 7:02 PM

May 2012
Savethebestforu said:
KamiAlice said:

Well, MAL considers shounen a genre, but I was trying to make a dramatic example.

Anyways, I said the ending would be my nightmare so I don't think it will happen, but there is a small possibility in my mind that this will happen the way they are setting up Inaho's drive to save the Princess.

I guess I get what you mean, about being dramatic

I still see Inaho dying, or it ending with him drifting in space which we've seen in many Mech anime series. Wait doesn't the MC die in Valvrave also?
Anyway even if he does end up saving the princess, I doubt we'll get peace between earth and mars.
Especially since I see them trying to make a franchise out of Aldnoah, since they gave it the Zero name which usually means prequel.
Maybe the next series will be the Martian Civil war or something, and that's why we've only seen like 8 out of what was it 37 counts?
Feb 7, 2015 7:02 PM

Apr 2008
fst said:
Epicenter said:

Well technically he only managed to hit Inaho in episode 12 and that was because he was already half dead and weak.
Feb 7, 2015 7:03 PM

May 2012
fst said:
Epicenter said:

Probably 12, in 7 Slaine just seemed like he and Inaho failed to understand each other. I don't think he came off as a villian there, it wasn't until 12 that kinda made him more of a villian. At least that's how it was in my eyes.
Feb 7, 2015 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Well technically he only managed to hit Inaho in episode 12 and that was because he was already half dead and weak.

What does this have to do with anything?
Feb 7, 2015 7:06 PM

Apr 2008
Savethebestforu said:
Darklight0303 said:

What does this have to do with anything?

Read the post I quoted and you'll get it.
Feb 7, 2015 7:07 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode overall. Slaine is about to wreck someones tharsis so the next episode should be good as well.

Feb 7, 2015 7:09 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Sorry I should have quoted it better.

Darklight0303 said:
and that was because he was already half dead and weak.

I don't know I just found it kind of funny that you included this.
Feb 7, 2015 7:11 PM

Apr 2008
Savethebestforu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Darklight0303 said:

Because in any other circumstance Slaine would not have succeeded in shooting Inaho. His failure with a pistol is that great that he could only almost kill someone who was already critically injured.
Feb 7, 2015 7:14 PM

Jan 2015
Savethebestforu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Darklight0303 said:

Dude why do not you do research, magazines, looking for supplies in other forums. you has to do more in your fantasies, this distorting the real facts of the anime.
Gen Urobuchi, when asked about episodio12 of events.
He made it clear that in the original script, and Asseylum Inaho not die, and that they were in love, and that Slaine steal the princess.
Started the second season, and very little has changed in relation to what Gen Urobuchi wrote.
Slaine in the Gen Urobuchi Script was written to be the villain, and what we see they are following this script.
Slaine was always configured as an antagonist of the series.
Plus his hatred for Inaho blinds you, you preventing you from seeing what is really happening in the anime.
It seems that you are not aware, that Inaho is the maximum protagonist of the anime, and Slaine is just the Deuteragonist.
Feb 7, 2015 7:15 PM

Nov 2012
Yes, I meant the last ep of season one.
Jaywalker.
Feb 7, 2015 7:15 PM
Jul 2009
this anime is just one OP guy vs another...
everyone else is just for lulz
Feb 7, 2015 7:23 PM

Jan 2015
Epicentro said:

that anime is the character of your avatar?
Feb 7, 2015 7:32 PM

Nov 2012
seujair31 said:
Epicentro said:

Unless that was some sort of witty response to me not quoting who I was responding to that has flown over my head, I'll assume you meant what anime. My avatar is Kino from Kino's Journey/Kino no Tabi, it's a pretty great anime imo with a chill main character, plus its not too many episodes, one my fav five.
Jaywalker.
Feb 7, 2015 7:37 PM

Jun 2013
seujair31 said:

Dude why do not you do research, magazines, looking for supplies in other forums. you has to do more in your fantasies, this distorting the real facts of the anime.

What are you talking about?

seujair31 said:
He made it clear that in the original script, and Asseylum Inaho not die, and that they were in love, and that Slaine steal the princess.

I don't think anyone disputes Inaho and the Princess being in love, even if I think the development of their romance was a little contrived. This comment has no point

seujair31 said:
Slaine in the Gen Urobuchi Script was written to be the villain, and what we see they are following this script.

Gen...is that you? I'm your biggest fan!

seujair31 said:
Plus his hatred for Inaho blinds you, you preventing you from seeing what is really happening in the anime.

There is a difference between an antagonist and a villain.

seujair31 said:
It seems that you are not aware, that Inaho is the maximum protagonist of the anime, and Slaine is just the Deuteragonist.

I think everyone agrees Slaine is the deuteragonist...No one is arguing that point. You act like being a deuteragonist is a bad thing. I'm also pretty sure a maximum protagonist isn't a real term.
Feb 7, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 2015
Epicentro said:
seujair31 said:

Unless that was some sort of witty response to me not quoting who I was responding to that has flown over my head, I'll assume you meant what anime. My avatar is Kino from Kino's Journey/Kino no Tabi, it's a pretty great anime imo with a chill main character, plus its not too many episodes, one my fav five.

Thank you, had I liked that anime, and watch a while ago, is about a boy who travels the world on a motorcycle, and learn several new things, I was looking for it to download, but never remember the name. now I can download it to watch again.
thanks again you have been of great help.
Feb 7, 2015 7:45 PM

Jun 2013
This was a teriffic episode! :)
Feb 7, 2015 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
It was kind of cringey having Slaine talk about birds in cages because of their beauty while obsessing over Asseylum in a tank
Feb 7, 2015 7:58 PM

Jan 2015
Savethebestforu said:
seujair31 said:

What are you talking about?

seujair31 said:

I don't think anyone disputes Inaho and the Princess being in love, even if I think the development of their romance was a little contrived. This comment has no point

seujair31 said:

Gen...is that you? I'm your biggest fan!

seujair31 said:

There is a difference between an antagonist and a villain.

seujair31 said:

I think everyone agrees Slaine is the deuteragonist...No one is arguing that point. You act like being a deuteragonist is a bad thing. I'm also pretty sure a maximum protagonist isn't a real term.

ok, let's do a ceasefire,
more you agree that both Slaine as Bizon, has the same characteristics of writing, and the same character set.
it seems that the Aldnoah.Zero of guilt have gone by water below is blame this guy KatsuhikoTakayama, he can do more confused written Mari Okada.
you have to watch M3: Sleep Kuroki Hagane, to you what a confusing writing
Feb 7, 2015 7:58 PM
Apr 2014
Tokoya said:
PancakesAndStuff said:

So we live in a world where exposition and character development automatically means something is good? No. That's Bull-Fucking-Shit. People will like character development and exposition when character development and exposition is done well. Like, say, in Episode 2 of Zankyou no Terror, which as a whole, I wouldn't praise, but the exposition is still done well. Or character development in Hunter x Hunter, where the motives of its characters are mostly believable, and their actions change logically when it needs to.

Your argument is simpleminded, by assuming that what you have said is a valid rebuttal, when A/Z is indeed boring to others. Having character development and exposition does not mean something is good or enjoyable. If I would have judged Pupa based on if it had character development and exposition, than it would have a higher score. But no, I did not. I judged it, taking into account how well, or in this case shitty, the exposition and character development is done.

It is not just the fanboys and haters, but the weak arguments against haters or criticism, the weak motives by haters, and the weak arguments by the critics, that makes MyAnimeList such a big joke to many.
Not even gonna bother seriously responding to this lol

Good day to you sir

"Well whatever lol, because I can't argue back". Is that what you mean? Or something else?

Good day to you sir
Feb 7, 2015 8:05 PM

Nov 2012
seujair31 said:
Epicentro said:

Thank you, had I liked that anime, and watch a while ago, is about a boy who travels the world on a motorcycle, and learn several new things, I was looking for it to download, but never remember the name. now I can download it to watch again.
thanks again you have been of great help.

No problem, glad you enjoyed it. I just realized Mal translates names to other languages for people who aren't on english, that's pretty cool, unless you yourself decided to put Epicentro each time.
Jaywalker.
Feb 7, 2015 8:07 PM

Apr 2008
PancakesAndStuff said:
Tokoya said:
Not even gonna bother seriously responding to this lol

Good day to you sir

"Well whatever lol, because I can't argue back". Is that what you mean? Or something else?

Good day to you sir

No your arguments have been debunked in so many of the past threads repeatedly that some people are just fed up with your kind.
Feb 7, 2015 8:25 PM

Oct 2013
I've really not the foggiest clue what everybody is so upset about or how people think this is so boring. Honestly, I've loved the last 3 episodes and find both the character development and execution of it well done.

This season is MUCH better than the first season so far. The characters in the first season were so lifeless and boring I was bored to death with all of them except Slaine and maybe Marito. I'm actually appreciating the characters here, which is a real feat. Even Rayet is becoming more likeable; her character finally properly explores the concept of a character so disgusted with her own race she hates herself due to being a part of it, which is something the first season utterly failed to portray. It's an interesting theme I haven't seen much if at all, and so is Marito's PTSD attacks.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 7, 2015 8:27 PM

Sep 2014
7 more days until Inko fucks something up.

Slaine is gonna have to defend his title against one of the most annoying Vers knights yet, eh? I hope that other guy has a mech with an actual useful battle power, otherwise it is going to be pretty laughable.

Still waiting to see what Lemrina's ultimate play is here. I don't think she expected a duel, but it may work out for her.
Feb 7, 2015 8:57 PM

Jan 2015
face what most annoys me about this anime is the description of this User Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
We all know that Inaho doesn't make mistakes when it comes to judge of character, so I don't expect any kind of betrayal or double-cross from Marzeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't know, Inaho has never really shown that in series. And it's Slaine who's a better judge of people since he listens more to his instincts, while Inaho is centered in logic and facts. However, I do think he is right about Mazuurek.

He says it's better Slaine judging people because of their fickle, more in the anime is shown that these judgments are all wrong, and that it does not recognize the true nature of people, the fact is noted for Saazbaum and that Lemrina has dark intentions, and he can not candles. besides having completely distorted the dream of the princess.
While Inaho showed intender the ideals and dreams of the princess, understood the situation Rayet, and Marzeek.
Feb 7, 2015 9:08 PM

Sep 2014
seujair31 said:
face what most annoys me about this anime is the description of this User Irenesharda

Quote:
We all know that Inaho doesn't make mistakes when it comes to judge of character, so I don't expect any kind of betrayal or double-cross from Marzeek.
Quote:
I don't know, Inaho has never really shown that in series. And it's Slaine who's a better judge of people since he listens more to his instincts, while Inaho is centered in logic and facts. However, I do think he is right about Mazuurek.

He says it's better Slaine judging people because of their fickle, more in the anime is shown that these judgments are all wrong, and that it does not recognize the true nature of people, the fact is noted for Saazbaum and that Lemrina has dark intentions, and he can not candles. besides having completely distorted the dream of the princess.
While Inaho showed intender the ideals and dreams of the princess, understood the situation Rayet, and Marzeek.

You should probably calm down if the thing that "most annoys you about this anime" is other users. I don't agree with his opinion, but you can relax, man.
Feb 7, 2015 9:21 PM
Apr 2014
john100 said:
this anime is just one OP guy vs another...
everyone else is just for lulz
Feb 7, 2015 9:27 PM

Jul 2014
The first friendly interaction between martians and earth (I don't care about hime).

Rayet was so childish back then. Inaho is a way step ahead from anyone else & Inko accidentally saw Inaho help Mazuurek.

Next episode ... a duel between Slaine & Marylcian (Seeing him reminds me of man posing in Jojo) lol
Feb 7, 2015 9:56 PM
Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
PancakesAndStuff said:

Good day to you sir

No your arguments have been debunked in so many of the past threads repeatedly that some people are just fed up with your kind.

Debunked my argument? What do you think my argument was? I wasn't arguing anything specific about this series in general. I'm just criticizing Tokoya for thinking it's wrong for others to find this episode boring because having exposition and character development somehow makes this episode not boring.

Listen here, there's such thing as boring exposition, and boring character development, and I'm not going to say whether or not I think it's good, but Tokoya thinks just because an anime has exposition and development, that must mean it's interesting. Or at least that's what he's arguing.

So what "kind" am I? A hater? Because if I was to generalize to "this kind", and "that kind", I'd find the "I can't except other's opinions Kind" pretty annoying.
Feb 7, 2015 9:58 PM

Oct 2007
fst said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Well, don't most treat Amuro the same way most treat Goku? In that he was a pioneer character, that's to be respected, but, in retrospect, was a poorly written character that's not to be emulated too often....let alone in 2014-2015? That's how I see it.

Amuro is an antique, and that's how characters were back in the day. Today, people (should) have higher expectations than what we got before a lot of us were even born.

Gundam always does the falling into the cockpit thing, but level of success at first varies. Amuro was ridiculously skilled off the bat. Kamille was too, but he at least had experience piloting suits. Judau fell flat on his face. I'm pretty sure Quess was also far too skilled. Seabook also did better than he had any right to. Banagher did ok, but he also had experience, and the NTD does the heavy lifting at first.

It goes back and forth, as you can see. But the most highly regarded installments generally avoid that.

That aside, Amuro was never that big of a deal, since Char always stole the show. Perhaps certain elements of his character in 0079 are not to be emulated, but in Zeta and CCA Amuro was a badass and a legitimately memorable character in his own right.

Man he really wasn't. He was able to barely handle a couple of Zakus that couldn't even really damage the Gundam all at once one at a time while fumbling around with vulcans before finally discovering the beam saber and the only reason he's able to keep it is a lack of pilots. Then he pretty much got beat around by Char without so much as being able to land a hit and admitted to himself and had it remarked by Char that he only survived because of the Gundams specs. Then he goes to Earth where he fights in a team with several other mobile suits against Garma's division only to have the White Base and Char take out Garma in the end. Then he meets his match and more than he can handle with Ramba Ral and is eventually able to prevail via a combination of Ramba committing suicide and a bit of luck in being able to critically damage his Gouf. It's only really after that that his Newtype powers really start to awaken and he's able to take on more than one mobile suit at the same time and his piloting ability slowly starts to outstrip the Gundam creating a bit of a reversal in the mecha/pilot role. I find that a more interesting growth at least than a guy who is pretty much instantly able to analyze and situation and come up with a perfect plan to win without any particular explanation as to why he's the only one on Earth apparently able to carry out these plans and execute them.
Feb 7, 2015 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
Rayet, continuing to be a shitty character as always.

Errmahgerd I'm so hardcore because I hate everything and myself. blah blah, shut the fuck up. You're just as terrible and worthless since the episode that introduced you.

Slaine showing his true colors as always. Using a bird in a cage metaphor to refer to TWO princesses. Though we know he's going to beat that other loser's ass in the duel. He'll probably kill him and take his landing castle...because Slaine.

A martian mole has finally been planted. Hope Marylcian fucks shit up.

I have a bad feeling that by the time the princess even wakes up, it'll be too late for her to have some serious character development and contribute to the show in her own way. It'll be kind of stupid if her entire purpose for waking up will be as a plot device to piss off Slaine when she leaves.

I wonder if that chamber she is in is healing her, or if it healed her and now he's using it to keep her asleep. Cant say unless she wakes up in the tube, or if Maryclain takes her and THEN she wakes up.

Kerozinn said:
bastek66 said:
Another boring episode, just a setting of death flags.

+1 because there is nothing more to add.

It's funny, since everything you say is entirely worthless. You hate the show so much, yet make it your mission to watch it every week. Just to come back and say how much you hate it. And I call you out on your douchebag antics every week.
Feb 7, 2015 10:15 PM

Jan 2015
ANGRY2011 said:
seujair31 said:

Quote:
Quote:

You should probably calm down if the thing that "most annoys you about this anime" is other users. I don't agree with his opinion, but you can relax, man.

There are users, is the User that simply copies the opinions of others, rather than using your own
impossible, you know when you have a very fanatic user by a character, this occurred during the first season, the User's name was Tess, she exias forums with fanart, and lived praising his character, and criticizing the other, she created several sentences and theories. With the end of the first season of the anime she gave up, and left to comment on the forum. Here comes the big poblema, Irenesharda took his legadi, the poblema is that it uses the same phrases, and does everything exactly match the old User, has been proven that both are different users, more simply use the same phrases and excuses, another User, you simply copy the opinion of others.
Feb 7, 2015 10:23 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, Inaho ended up doing a martian allied in order to obtain information about the Asseylum princess, this guy is badass not only with weapons but with words

Meanwhile Slaine facing difficulties about its manipulation in Lemrina princess, this episode changed the course of the story again, this anime always surprises me ..
Feb 7, 2015 10:32 PM

Jan 2015
KamiAlice said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

This is also true, but, as this ep showed, not all a bigoted; we've just yet to see more.

It's likely just lazy/convenient writing.
So if they're all bigoted it's bad writing, and if only some of them are it's lazy/convenient writing. There is just no winning with you people is there.

Yes, if all of the antagonist side consists off are bigoted bastards, that makes them easy to hate, and root against; thus lazy/easy writing, as anybody can come up with one note characters like that.

If they show that there are some reasonable Knights, then why not show these kinds of characters more often? This show is making an effort to show both sides of war, but if we just douchebags 90% of the time, then we aren't really getting a lot of insight of the different aspects/personalities within the Vers army. That's not really good writing.

It also doesn't help, with Curly Knight gossiping, being insecure and twirling his hair like a school girl. Infighting could put them in a major disadvantage if their mechs are too damaged to fight the Terran forces, but Curly Knight is stupid, and jealous to get that.
Feb 7, 2015 10:52 PM

Jun 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Tokoya said:
We live in a world where exposition and character development = Boring/Shit

Indeed. A sad state of affairs. Along with the lost practice of subtlety.

People are just looking for reasons to complain about this show, and do it quick so their comments are on the first page.
Don't pay attention to them because they are obviously still watching, therefore their complaints amount to very little.

This is one show I wish was just a REALLY long movie. I hate having to wait each week for the episodes. I really want to know where things are going. I want to see the characters progress and the plot roll forward.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 7, 2015 10:59 PM

Jan 2015
Episode 18-21 title

第18話 深い森を抜けて―The Rose and the Ring―
第19話 楽園の瑕―Here to There―
第20話 名誉の対価―The Light of Day―
第21話 夢幻の彼方―The Fortune's Fool―
Feb 7, 2015 11:03 PM

Jan 2011
That is the kind of episode I've been waiting for. Last two were good. See where this goes no that the "Wanted" scenes with bending projectiles in space is hopefully over.
Feb 7, 2015 11:18 PM

May 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
KamiAlice said:
So if they're all bigoted it's bad writing, and if only some of them are it's lazy/convenient writing. There is just no winning with you people is there.

Yes, if all of the antagonist side consists off are bigoted bastards, that makes them easy to hate, and root against; thus lazy/easy writing, as anybody can come up with one note characters like that.

If they show that there are some reasonable Knights, then why not show these kinds of characters more often? This show is making an effort to show both sides of war, but if we just douchebags 90% of the time, then we aren't really getting a lot of insight of the different aspects/personalities within the Vers army. That's not really good writing.

It also doesn't help, with Curly Knight gossiping, being insecure and twirling his hair like a school girl. Infighting could put them in a major disadvantage if their mechs are too damaged to fight the Terran forces, but Curly Knight is stupid, and jealous to get that.

Oh so you mean when half the Orbital Knights are reasonable it's still not enough? I mean they've only shown a total of 8 counts, including Slaine. Without counting the ones we saw at the beginning since we've had nothing about them the entire series. So we have Cruteo, Sausbamm, Slaine, and now the guy they captured have all shown they're pretty capable of reason. The girl with the flying arms wasn't an idiot, she pretty much had the battle won if it wasn't for the princess and crew running her over with a new found ship. 2 of them, the guy with lighting, and curlies friend, have had very little dialog to even be named idiots. Curlies friend iirc was even shocked at curlies intent to duel slaine. All that leaves is Curly... the only idiot out of all of them.

Yes some of them are over confident, but you seem to forget they pretty much are winning the war other than a few earth resistant still around.

I of course didn't bring Trilliam, Plasma Blade guy, and Ice guy, since they aren't counts. Ice guy even acknowledged his defeat though, even showing respect to Inaho.

Either way, none of what you said defines bad writing.
Feb 7, 2015 11:28 PM

Jan 2014
Too much Potato Pirate for my taste in this episode and can we all at least agree that none of us give a shit about any of the supporting characters? I'd rather watch Inaho buy some eggs than see Rayet on the screen again.
Feb 7, 2015 11:30 PM

Nov 2012
this is going to have a huge trainwreck of an ending, i can see it already.

that count marylcian is annoying.
Feb 7, 2015 11:36 PM

May 2012
PancakesAndStuff said:

Debunked my argument? What do you think my argument was? I wasn't arguing anything specific about this series in general. I'm just criticizing Tokoya for thinking it's wrong for others to find this episode boring because having exposition and character development somehow makes this episode not boring.

Listen here, there's such thing as boring exposition, and boring character development, and I'm not going to say whether or not I think it's good, but Tokoya thinks just because an anime has exposition and development, that must mean it's interesting. Or at least that's what he's arguing.

So what "kind" am I? A hater? Because if I was to generalize to "this kind", and "that kind", I'd find the "I can't except other's opinions Kind" pretty annoying.

Given that subjective criticism doesn't define what good or bad is in terms of character development nor story writing, your argument is pretty flawed. Your argument being that there is such a thing as boring exposition and boring character development. We can go further back, your initial argument which was that Tokoya thinks character development and exposition make a series good.
When exactly did he say that? It isn't even hinted at.

Klad stated that people were stating this episode was boring, in a show he already finds boring, so it must have been worse. We can, through the process of elimination, conclude that people found this episode boring because of exposition, development, and no action. The reason being that this episode was found "more boring" and this episode has the 3 things previously mentioned. Therefore Tokoya's statement has some merit to it.

Yours however does not. Tokoya's statement can be viewed as, "any time there is character development, regardless of whether it is good or bad, it will be called boring."

Even if we get passed your original response, which is basically putting words in Tokoyas mouth, this is a big flaw with stating something is boring.
The flaw is that it is subjective, what you find boring can easily be considered entertaining to someone else. The burden of proof falls onto the one who claims something to be boring, but even then, that does not make the show boring. If Kant cannot elaborate on why the show is boring, how exactly can we find him credible?
KamiCityFeb 7, 2015 11:47 PM
Feb 8, 2015 12:23 AM

Nov 2013
KamiAlice said:

Given that subjective criticism doesn't define what good or bad is in terms of character development nor story writing, your argument is pretty flawed. Your argument being that there is such a thing as boring exposition and boring character development. We can go further back, your initial argument which was that Tokoya thinks character development and exposition make a series good.
When exactly did he say that? It isn't even hinted at.

Klad stated that people were stating this episode was boring, in a show he already finds boring, so it must have been worse. We can, through the process of elimination, conclude that people found this episode boring because of exposition, development, and no action. The reason being that this episode was found "more boring" and this episode has the 3 things previously mentioned. Therefore Tokoya's statement has some merit to it.

Yours however does not. Tokoya's statement can be viewed as, "any time there is character development, regardless of whether it is good or bad, it will be called boring."

Even if we get passed your original response, which is basically putting words in Tokoyas mouth, this is a big flaw with stating something is boring.
The flaw is that it is subjective, what you find boring can easily be considered entertaining to someone else. The burden of proof falls onto the one who claims something to be boring, but even then, that does not make the show boring. If Kant cannot elaborate on why the show is boring, how exactly can we find him credible?

Good episode. I swear, these forums do a great job in attracting whiny bitches who post the most non-constructive feedback Ive seen. All I see is whaa whaa I don't like this character, or this is similar to this so therefore it sucks. No one is forcing you to watch something especially if you have the decency to write a paragraph rant filled with subjective bullshit. I don't even know why I come to these forums sometimes. These are not discussions forums, they are breeding grounds for whiners.
Feb 8, 2015 12:50 AM

Oct 2007
seujair31 said:
Savethebestforu said:

Started the second season, and very little has changed in relation to what Gen Urobuchi wrote.

That's not what was said. What was said was that Slaine was originally envisioned as a more ambitious character from the get go and that one idea he had for the original mid season cliffhanger involved Inaho and Asseylum falling in love and Slaine taking Asseylum away and escaping a desperate situation but these were some pretty early ideas that were popping into his head among others. He also said he never actually came up with the characters in the show or rather he doesn't identify with any of the ones in the show and they weren't his idea. He claims he only came up with the story concept which he'd apparently though of back in 2011 but had to already edit the first draft and his ideas for it because Gundam AGE beat him to the punch on some plot points apparently. Also originally the Vers were supposed to just be aliens.

I don't recall anywhere were it was said that he was specifically supposed to be the villain, but it does seem like they are trying to incorporate some of those early ideas into this season albeit obviously in different ways and situations to fit (somewhat) the current situations in the show. I think there's no way to tell if anything was as Urobuchi envisioned or not because I doubt he had envisioned much of anything beyond the setup for the show and some ideas for a cliffhanger.

Also worth mentioning is that Urobuchi has not said a single word anywhere in public about the show since someone asked a question about it and said he couldn't really talk about it cause he wasn't a part of the shows staff and decision making process anymore and to ask Ei Aoki and Takako Shimura instead.
Feb 8, 2015 12:52 AM

Oct 2007
Sure, challenge the guy who just took out a base all by himself to a duel. Brilliant!
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.