Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 27, 2013 6:55 AM

Oct 2013
Why did Haruka, Mio, and Kud left? What's happening??? I know it's got something to do with the "Secret of the World" and Komari's story about the dwarfs disappearing but I'm confused as hell. Does that mean their wish was for Riki and Rin to be together and since it happened they disappeared?

On another note, I like how Rin confessed to Riki. It was funny as hell. Also the part when Riki was thinking about Rin in the locker room and keep saying "no no no no no"
Oct 27, 2013 7:14 AM

Oct 2011
NOOOO Saigusa, Nishizono, and Kud T________T. What's going on???
Oct 27, 2013 8:49 AM

Jan 2011
smilewolfy said:
you guys do realize we got the Rin confession CG in the first opening o.O

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/animekuntv2/52077919/1150252/1150252_600.jpg

Of course. But was it used during the confession? No.

Tbh, it's not a really big deal if they didn't animate it. It's more like a nice addition if it did though..
Oct 27, 2013 11:07 AM

Mar 2008
I am so confused right now. Why did Kurugaya disappear, why did the girls vanish into a cloud of white light, why is, Kyousuke most likely, giving Rin and Riki tasks. What is going on with this show!
Oct 27, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2008
epbsb said:
HaXXspetten said:
TimeToRepent said:
straycat95 said:

I can agree with You in some points. Personally I believe

Oct 27, 2013 11:57 AM

Oct 2011
MCAL said:
I see noting wrong with how JC Staff handled RikixRin. It was handled pretty much the same way as the VN. That makes it disappointing, but it is all on Jun Maeda, not Michiru Shimada.

Really, the level of continual JC Staff bashing is absurd.
Which is even more funny as JC Staff wasn't resposible for script (it was made by Key BEFORE they picked up this studio) but than most of people on MAL have rather limited amount of knowledge on how anime is produced.

Actually I liked RikixRin more here than in the game - somehow Riki seems to be less wooden than he used to be and Rin's reaction perfectly fits her simpleton personality. It was simply cute.

Scene where girls depart wasn't as touching as I thought it will be but it solves some issues with them.
But one with Komari was awesome, maybe because here scene is one I look most forward to (and changes done so far will make it more memorable imo).
Oct 27, 2013 12:08 PM

Sep 2012
Dalek-baka said:
]Which is even more funny as JC Staff wasn't resposible for script (it was made by Key BEFORE they picked up this studio) but than most of people on MAL have rather limited amount of knowledge on how anime is produced.

I'm not sure where you got this, but if it was made by KEY, then why does it say that Michiru Shimada's is the scriptwriter? She even was interviewed for the scriptwriting/series composition a while back.
Also, KyoAni has specific scriptwriters and screenplay writers who have worked on Key's VN adaptations, so I highly doubt it would've been the same story if KyoAni did it.

From what I heard, the scripts were supervised by Key, not written by them.
I've heard your theory before, that the script was written before Key picked JC Staff, but I'm still doubting it because of Michiru Shimada's name. Unless she works at Key, Key didn't really write the scripts.
Vladz0rOct 27, 2013 1:29 PM
Oct 27, 2013 12:43 PM

Aug 2009
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this show.
Oct 27, 2013 12:51 PM

Dec 2012
Dalek-baka said:
MCAL said:
I see noting wrong with how JC Staff handled RikixRin. It was handled pretty much the same way as the VN. That makes it disappointing, but it is all on Jun Maeda, not Michiru Shimada.

Really, the level of continual JC Staff bashing is absurd.
Which is even more funny as JC Staff wasn't resposible for script (it was made by Key BEFORE they picked up this studio) but than most of people on MAL have rather limited amount of knowledge on how anime is produced.

Actually I liked RikixRin more here than in the game - somehow Riki seems to be less wooden than he used to be and Rin's reaction perfectly fits her simpleton personality. It was simply cute.

Scene where girls depart wasn't as touching as I thought it will be but it solves some issues with them.
But one with Komari was awesome, maybe because here scene is one I look most forward to (and changes done so far will make it more memorable imo).

Yeah, you're completely wrong about Key writing the scripts. Hell, they didn't even pitch the anime version to anyone. J.C. came to Key, begging to adapt Little Busters into an anime. Key agreed so long as they got to supervise the project and also get a decent idea of how they're doing it.
Oct 27, 2013 1:00 PM

Oct 2011
Question: Was Komari's wish for Riki and Rin to be together? ( The episode back in Season 1)

Also Kyousuke plan was to bring Riki and Rin together too
Oct 27, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
Question: Was Komari's wish for Riki and Rin to be together? ( The episode back in Season 1)

Both are pretty much spoilers and will be addressed near the end of the season~
Oct 27, 2013 1:40 PM

Nov 2009
Tyrel said:
Q.Q. And there they go. Also, this felt like a S1 episode, so I didn't like how they handled this episode.

Either it'll go downhill at this point, or they'll be saving it to improve sakuga in future episodes
Oct 27, 2013 1:42 PM

Oct 2011
dizzyworld2 said:
AnimeFan500 said:

Both are pretty much spoilers and will be addressed near the end of the season~

Thanks. That's all I need to know to confirm my suspicions
Oct 27, 2013 2:52 PM

Sep 2007
I can't believe how much better this season is compared to last. Last year must have been to set the foundation for this season ...

Oct 27, 2013 2:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BakaGekai said:
I can't believe how much better this season is compared to last. Last year must have been to set the foundation for this season ...

...given the source material that was pretty much a given from the start

although the first anime season should've been better adapted than it was, so the difference in quality feels bigger... just wait for the actual Refrain in that case :3
Oct 27, 2013 3:14 PM

May 2012
Welp, this season has quickly turned to crap. Sure J.C improved the visuals which are now about average compared to other anime shows, and they did a decent job with the first 3 episodes. But this episode...sucked.

What the hell is with this horrendously fast train wreck pacing? I didn't feel any character and plot development at all, it was like Rin and Riki just started going out at a drop of a hat without the substantial build up in getting to that point.

And everyone forgot all about Kurugaya? Where the hell did she go, and what the hell was all that melodrama crap about her having to leave and Riki having to protect Rin?

I'm an anime only viewer and this is simply disappointing.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Oct 27, 2013 3:16 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
lightXTC said:
Welp, this season has quickly turned to crap. Sure J.C improved the visuals which are now about average compared to other anime shows, and they did a decent job with the first 3 episodes. But this episode...sucked.

What the hell is with this horrendously fast train wreck pacing? I didn't feel any character and plot development at all, it was like Rin and Riki just started going out at a drop of a hat without the substantial build up in getting to that point.

And everyone forgot all about Kurugaya? Where the hell did she go, and what the hell was all that melodrama crap about her having to leave and Riki having to protect Rin?

Patience, my friend, everything will be explained in time...
Oct 27, 2013 3:21 PM
Apr 2013
lightXTC said:

Trust me on this. This part wasn't good in the VN too. If there is one thing to blame on JC Staff, it is that they didn't change enough.
Oct 27, 2013 3:22 PM

Apr 2010
It's moving pretty fast with the things that are happening somehow episode 4 seems a bit early to start a relationship so i wonder what more is in store after this.
Happy to see a relationship tho, seen to many open endings recently so some change is nice.
Oct 27, 2013 3:35 PM

Feb 2012
lightXTC said:

so one episode not meeting your standards makes the entire season crap, logic/10

it was fast paced, but the relationship was like that in the VN too (i think o.O) but it's not like it wasn't obvious those two would end up together >.>

the Kurugaya thing, they didn't forget, they just thought she was ditching school again =.= just because you know about the scene with Kurugaya and Riki, and her saying everyone would forget about what happened, doesn't mean every character in the anime would know >.> and "melodrama crap", maybe you should wait a bit to see where everything is going, not all anime is simple and gives you the entire plot in the first episode -.-
Oct 27, 2013 3:37 PM

Aug 2013
Rin is so straight forward.
Poor Riki losing sleep, but who wouldn't!
Oh Masato.
http://imgur.com/4tnIaAS
Good Episode.
Oct 27, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2007
What my guess is that all the other members, including kyosuke, are dead in some way or that they have been stuck in a time-loop. It seems likely with kyousuke knowing everything and Kurugayas hints as she disappeared. And something terrible is gonna happen soon...think thi series is gonna take a dive down to depressiveness soon. I haven't played the VN so I have no idea what's actually going to happen, but it seems likely.
But I have to say that I loved the confession scene and how it was Rin that confessed and the way she so casually did it and Riki's reaction. That was really funny. Also the moment when the girls left was sad, no tears yet but I'm sure I'm gonna cry a lot before this series is over.
Oct 27, 2013 3:48 PM

Nov 2010
Although this was already announced 1-2 episodes ago it still felt
sudden and unnatural to me seeing Riki and Rin getting together

The divine parting at the start and after the confess meeting at the
supply room was even more confusing

Those leaving dwarfs story must be really epic
Oct 27, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2011
Really good episode. I laugh but it's awesome. Know to wait for the last test.
Oct 27, 2013 3:58 PM

Aug 2013
lightXTC said:

PLS give ur final opinion when the season is actually over...it's only episode 4 don't sweat it
Oct 27, 2013 3:59 PM

Sep 2012
lightXTC said:

Protip: You're not at the end of the show yet. I don't really get why essentially asking about what's going to happen later on, when we're not there yet. If you're not seeing changes in character or plot development, then I don't really know what to tell you without pointing it out.
If you want to get an idea or speculate about this episode, try reading http://www.entravity.com/little-busters-refrain-episode-4-couple/
There was a lot to this episode, but I guess people will continue to be oblivious until the Secret of the World is actually revealed. Just check the review if you want to an insight review on what happened this episode.

While there are some people here who seem to be vaguely grasping the development that's going on, I'm looking forward to seeing the reactions of the people who seem to have NO CLUE what's going on at all, once the Refrain arc starts. I'm just waiting to hear the slaps of thousands of simultaneous facepalms at how obvious JC Staff has foreshadowed what's going on.

I'm actually making a list of random people with quotes and previous scores to compare with their impressions of Refrain once it finishes airing.
Vladz0rOct 27, 2013 4:06 PM
Oct 27, 2013 4:40 PM

Jul 2008
Kurugaya who?

Some ominous stuff near the end. I am excited to see how it all plays out. It is so hard to avoid spoilers for this show.
Oct 27, 2013 4:53 PM

Mar 2013
I'm a anime only viewer and I've been watching this season and the previous very carefully.

About the Riki and Rin relationship, I feel like it's SUPPOSED to be forced, I don't how explain myself but is like everyone else want Riki and Rin become a couple so badly, specially Kyousuke. And the scene with the girls moving on somewhere else pretty much confirmed it for me. Was like "Now that they finally become a couple we can go to somewhere else", and if I remember correctly, it was the first scene where we can see the LB member doing things without Riki and Rin being around. Was like "This is what we do while you guys aren't here" and was a very powerfull scene for me.

And I have to say that Riki and Rin don't look like a "real" couple for me yet, they look more like kids pretending or playing to be a couple, which I found very cute and fits with their personalities xD

I'm so excited to see whats going on ><
Oct 27, 2013 4:54 PM

Oct 2013
Cute episode, wait much that!
The ending was intriguing, but more worrying was the look of Kyousuke..

Oct 27, 2013 6:01 PM
Sep 2013
Sinnon said:
I'm a anime only viewer and I've been watching this season and the previous very carefully.

About the Riki and Rin relationship, I feel like it's SUPPOSED to be forced, I don't how explain myself but is like everyone else want Riki and Rin become a couple so badly, specially Kyousuke. And the scene with the girls moving on somewhere else pretty much confirmed it for me. Was like "Now that they finally become a couple we can go to somewhere else", and if I remember correctly, it was the first scene where we can see the LB member doing things without Riki and Rin being around. Was like "This is what we do while you guys aren't here" and was a very powerfull scene for me.

And I have to say that Riki and Rin don't look like a "real" couple for me yet, they look more like kids pretending or playing to be a couple, which I found very cute and fits with their personalities xD

I'm so excited to see whats going on ><

You're correct! This is what exactly the show trying to tell you so far.

Keep watching and you'll get the final answer!
Oct 27, 2013 6:11 PM

Sep 2012
@JimRaynor
You didn't have to answer whether he was correct or not, x_x
I didn't even get that the romance was intentionally forced until much later in the story.
I just hope that around ~episode 11 is as amazing as in the VN

minispoiler
Oct 27, 2013 6:38 PM
Oct 2013
Vladz0r said:
@JimRaynor
You didn't have to answer whether he was correct or not, x_x
I didn't even get that the romance was intentionally forced until much later in the story.
I just hope that around ~episode 11 is as amazing as in the VN

minispoiler

How do you know episode 11 will be about that? Or is just an speculation?

Wow. I love Little Busters! So much. I just can´t see anything wrong with the adaptation. I just loved the "confesion" scene, it was as casual as the vn. And about the girls scene, it was pretty touching, but very sudden it feel weird to me. Anyway it was a episode to remember. Specially the part when they start going out. It was one of my favorite scene of the vn on Rin route and the anime didn´t dissapoint.
Oct 27, 2013 6:42 PM

Sep 2012
I was just approximating that it would be around episode 11.
Oct 27, 2013 9:20 PM

Mar 2012
Riki x Kurugaya seemed better than Riki x Rin :/ Let's see how this turns out.
Oct 27, 2013 9:27 PM

May 2012
Even tho I prefer Riki x Kurugaya, I also so don't mind him x Rin since season 1. But wow, this came out of nowhere and felt totally rushed.
Oct 27, 2013 9:59 PM

Sep 2012
I found the episodes Refrain offered pretty boring. Not very engaging.

I am pretty interested in why only those three girls disappeared though.
rainbowcakesOct 27, 2013 10:05 PM
Oct 27, 2013 10:16 PM

Nov 2012
weiqifan said:

Did they really "disappear"?
Oct 27, 2013 10:26 PM

Sep 2012
UsaraDark said:
weiqifan said:

LOL how would I know? Maybe they were never there to begin with?
Oct 27, 2013 10:33 PM

Sep 2012
UsaraDark said:
weiqifan said:

They went outside the club room for a walk.
Oct 27, 2013 10:35 PM

Sep 2012
weiqifan said:

Why is your anime list private? I need to sta- I mean view it for data.

egnaro315 said:

This is what I assumed, actually.

I don't get how Refrain isn't being that engaging, but we haven't hit the good parts, anyway. I guess not everyone likes to pay attention to all the Secret of the World weirdness and try to figure out the subtleties of the character motives. There's plenty attentive screenplay that hints the ulterior motives of most of the characters, even if this episode wasn't well animated. I guess some people won't get anything out of Refrain until the actual Refrain arc starts and they finally realizing what was going on, or maybe not even once that happens...

Anyway, I made a long post on /a/ a while ago about how Little Busters is much more interesting on a second viewing, though most people of course won't really watch a second time. It's a ton of weirdness and awkwardness where you're basically left in the dark about a lot of events. Sadly, I think some people will just ignore the events as they happen thinking that they're poorly written or unintentionally there, when all of it is important in the grand scheme of things. I just hope the Refrain arc portion is satisfactory to people who didn't care for most of the story.
Vladz0rOct 27, 2013 10:48 PM
Oct 27, 2013 11:01 PM

Jun 2012
Vladz0r said:
Dalek-baka said:
]Which is even more funny as JC Staff wasn't resposible for script (it was made by Key BEFORE they picked up this studio) but than most of people on MAL have rather limited amount of knowledge on how anime is produced.

I'm not sure where you got this, but if it was made by KEY, then why does it say that Michiru Shimada's is the scriptwriter? She even was interviewed for the scriptwriting/series composition a while back.
Also, KyoAni has specific scriptwriters and screenplay writers who have worked on Key's VN adaptations, so I highly doubt it would've been the same story if KyoAni did it.

From what I heard, the scripts were supervised by Key, not written by them.
I've heard your theory before, that the script was written before Key picked JC Staff, but I'm still doubting it because of Michiru Shimada's name. Unless she works at Key, Key didn't really write the scripts.

Whenever they make a TV show they have someone at the company (e.x. JC Staff) write the scripts for the episodes for what will happen. The scenes, the dialogue, etc. etc. It's based off the actual source (in this case the visual novel) which was obviously made by Key. So even though Key and their writers wrote the source material, the guy who took it and turned it into the episodes is credited as the scriptwriter.

I remember when I was reading about DragonBall Kai that in the process of making one of the episodes they would have someone write a script for what would happen in the episode. They simply based it off of the original series of two hundred ninety six episodes and since it's a cut-down version of the original they wrote the script based on what was left in.

I don't know Japanese and I don't pay attention to the ending credits (I love the song too much to read anything), but doesn't it mention Jun Maeda or any of the Key writers' names in there?

And as for Refrain, there's only one CG and really arc/route/segment I want to see animated (not a spoiler, we've seen this shot two hundred times already):

http://i.imgur.com/WDFk1Mb.jpg
Oct 27, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
@KeyIsLove
lolwat?
That's the ONLY CG you really want to see animated?
Did you even read Refrain? There's a bunch of great CGs that I'd be pissed if they didn't animate.
Oct 27, 2013 11:35 PM
Sep 2013
Vladz0r said:
weiqifan said:

egnaro315 said:

I don't get how Refrain isn't being that engaging, but we haven't hit the good parts, anyway. I guess not everyone likes to pay attention to all the Secret of the World weirdness and try to figure out the subtleties of the character motives. There's plenty attentive screenplay that hints the ulterior motives of most of the characters, even if this episode wasn't well animated. I guess some people won't get anything out of Refrain until the actual Refrain arc starts and they finally realizing what was going on, or maybe not even once that happens...

Anyway, I made a long post on /a/ a while ago about how Little Busters is much more interesting on a second viewing, though most people of course won't really watch a second time. It's a ton of weirdness and awkwardness where you're basically left in the dark about a lot of events. Sadly, I think some people will just ignore the events as they happen thinking that they're poorly written or unintentionally there, when all of it is important in the grand scheme of things. I just hope the Refrain arc portion is satisfactory to people who didn't care for most of the story.

Yep, those people just don't use their brain to do something. Ignore those people is the best. Who cares they watch Key anime adaption or not. They don't deserve it.
Oct 27, 2013 11:46 PM

Aug 2013
I love how all the bitches gettin' mad jealous of rin-chan now.

HATE ON IT BITCHES!
Oct 27, 2013 11:58 PM

Sep 2012
Aerea said:
I love how all the bitches gettin' mad jealous of rin-chan now.

HATE ON IT BITCHES!

That's... not the intention, but okay, glad you like the Riki x Rin.
Oct 28, 2013 1:16 AM

Dec 2012
I just need to drop my high expectations down... a lot... to watch Refrain without disappointment. Although this episode did spark my curiosity as to why the three girls bowed. Did they disappear? Normally people like Haruka wouldnt bow and just wave bye. Maybe they did disappear.. for the time being?

Same, shallow relationship between Riki and Rin, but I do realize that it is meant to be like that, however this does affect my overall view on their relationship because it is the first impression.

I pray to the anime-gods that they will blow my face off in the coming episodes... and not rush it.. for the love of god dont rush it.
Oct 28, 2013 1:39 AM

Sep 2012
Ourka said:
I just need to drop my high expectations down... a lot... to watch Refrain without disappointment. Although this episode did spark my curiosity as to why the three girls bowed. Did they disappear? Normally people like Haruka wouldnt bow and just wave bye. Maybe they did disappear.. for the time being?

Same, shallow relationship between Riki and Rin, but I do realize that it is meant to be like that, however this does affect my overall view on their relationship because it is the first impression.

I pray to the anime-gods that they will blow my face off in the coming episodes... and not rush it.. for the love of god dont rush it.

It's gonna be kinda rushed.

But I don't think it'll be as bad as you think. Refrain's already had more than 26 episodes of buildup, they just need to execute the rest well.
Oct 28, 2013 1:46 AM

Sep 2012
Ourka said:
Although this episode did spark my curiosity as to why the three girls bowed. Did they disappear? Normally people like Haruka wouldnt bow and just wave bye.

Of course not. Only Mio bowed.
Oct 28, 2013 1:57 AM

Sep 2012
Vladz0r said:
weiqifan said:

Your rhetorical question won't get me to make my lists public. (LOL?)

Vladz0r said:

egnaro315 said:

I don't find Refrain very engaging and admittedly, I didn't find the prequel extremely engaging either, though I've quite enjoyed some of the routes. Refrain simply didn't appeal to me greatly, as did most of the other series without characters I really like. I am not particularly fond of any characters and there were almost always bits or parts that I found boring in an episode. Obviously there have been parts that I've enjoyed and I did shed some tears in episode three, but nonetheless, I am hardly enthusiastic about watching each new episode, because it doesn't interest me enough to keep me motivated for each new episode. I don't completely regret watching each episode (however boring I may have found them), hence the reason for sticking with the series. I found episode four especially dull and somewhat disappointing though. Anyway, the secret of the world doesn't entirely interest me either since I already know about it, albeit not in detail.
Oct 28, 2013 2:22 AM

Sep 2012
weiqifan said:
I don't find Refrain very engaging and admittedly, I didn't find the prequel extremely engaging either, though I've quite enjoyed some of the routes.

I know you are talking about the anime Refrain since the actual Refrain has not started yet and Kurugaya's route in the VN was also lackluster so JC staff must've done something right in order to get all the positive feed backs in the first 3 episodes. We are starting Rin's route now which is more of a buildup to the final route so it will become more engaging as it goes along.
weigifan said:
I am not particularly fond of any characters and there were almost always bits or parts that I found boring in an episode.

No one can really change your mind about that since the first season's job was to get the viewers attached to the cast in order for the upcoming events to be effective but season one was a bit weak in that aspect as they omitted a lot of interactions between the original Little Busters and focused more on the girls.Hopefully this season is where the original Little Busters will shine. In my opinion, the common route had me liking the cast but Refrain was when I feel in love with them.
weigifan said:
I found episode four especially dull and somewhat disappointing though. Anyway, the secret of the world doesn't entirely interest me either since I already know about it, albeit not in detail.

Little Busters! focus isn't entirely on love and I think this episode proved it. While many people believed it to be dull due to the sudden confession by Rin, (although there were a lot of foreshadowing in Kurugaya's route) the story isn't over just because the two main characters get together, in fact it's only beginning right now.
Don't worry about the spoilers, the journey is more important than the destination.
egnaro15Oct 28, 2013 2:28 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.