Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 18, 2013 2:52 AM

Dec 2012
The cliffhanger has me intrigued, but this episode was lackluster overall imo. Motive for fat ass to kill Ishimaru is stupid and cheesy beyond belief. Didn't really like Celes freaking out once she was cornered, every murderer makes it ridiculously obvious they're the ones once they start screaming "FUCK YOU! YOU CAN'T PROVE IT LA LA LA WHAT DO YOU KNOW ASSHOLE???" raging like little monkeys that got their feces stolen.

Despite my complaints, I did like this episode more than the past few, it's bumped my overall score up from a 3/10 to a 5/10.
Aug 18, 2013 6:09 AM

Nov 2012
I know celes is behind.. and the execution scene is not as cool as before -_- :/ no awesome ost no awesome execution :/

in the end touko is really make me pump XD dont know why..
and wonder what happen now.. what happen with that big girl and monokuma.. and what happen with this school! XD shit just getting real NOW! XD
Aug 18, 2013 6:15 AM

Apr 2013
As usual, SO. DAMN. RUSHED.
That was my second favorite trial, and I'm very disappointed about Celes' attitude. In the game, she fought all she could until she was checkmate'd. And here, she admits her defeat without a damn fight.
In the game, she said that she was not afraid of dying, but Naegi spotted that it was her last lie. It was the most emotional trial for me.
And with that, I'm totally disappointed with the anime. I'm afraid of what the last trial will look like.
Aug 18, 2013 6:47 AM

Aug 2007
Well, Apparently the anime now has some changes and mysteries. And that's good, I was getting bored about the same thing.

And the way Celes dies was awesome!
Aug 18, 2013 7:03 AM

Oct 2012
Like Huh?... Touko had a personality disorder but why make Celes rage aswell? She's the quiet and rational type so if you make her rage her image* will be destroyed... This show is disappointing me more and more.
Aug 18, 2013 7:34 AM

Apr 2013
Shiniela said:
Like Huh?... Touko had a personality disorder but why make Celes rage aswell? She's the quiet and rational type so if you make her rage her image* will be destroyed... This show is disappointing me more and more.

Because it is a poor adaptation.
Aug 18, 2013 9:05 AM

Mar 2011
I can't predict anything in this anime, which si good, it makes it interesting xD. It seems things will be changing up a bit too.

So Sakura is suggested as being the spy. I was kind of thinking Naegi would be the spy in some epic twist. Still curious how they all knew each other before hand and the secrets of the school.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Aug 18, 2013 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
Shiniela said:

Because if someone bottles up their emotions for the sake of maintaining their appearance they're going to blow up at one point or another. The most reasonable time for this explosion is when she's being pushed into a corner in a life or death situation.
Aug 18, 2013 10:37 AM

Sep 2012
Somehow after this episode I'm starting to feel Kirigami won this game before ala Battle Royale. :/
Spoiler: she just gives of a Shogo vibe.
Aug 18, 2013 10:43 AM

Sep 2011
vakibo said:
Somehow after this episode I'm starting to feel Kirigami won this game before ala Battle Royale. :/

Well for once its not a DR spoiler but for crying out loud people use spoiler tags

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 18, 2013 11:49 AM

Jun 2012
Maan, seriously, Celes ;-;
Aug 18, 2013 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
I'd been suprised that Seles is murderer. And ED cadres intrigued me.
vakibo said:

Wow, I'm not alone, who had seen in Danganronpa many references to Battle Royale
死者の心は変わる。変わらなかった生きているもののほう。© Kanoe Kirie. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. vol. 9, ch. 43, scan 34

Aug 18, 2013 12:21 PM

Apr 2013
Chokko said:
Shiniela said:

She acts the same as in the game ........ Besides , she's a lier , a lier always hide his true personality....geez and when you think it's your favorite character , it's quite emberassing .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 18, 2013 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
BloodyNightsky said:
Chokko said:
Shiniela said:

She acts the same as in the game ........ Besides , she's a lier , a lier always hide his true personality....geez and when you think it's your favorite character , it's quite emberassing .
kirigiri doesnt lie, shes just vague as hell in describing things

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 18, 2013 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
BloodyNightsky said:
Chokko said:
Shiniela said:

kirigiri doesnt lie, shes just vague as hell in describing things

They are talking about Celes.
Besides it isnt a poor adaptation at all , they are rushing things since the most interesting part requires alot of space.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 18, 2013 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
You would think that the characters would learn from the losers mistakes, but I guess not.
Aug 18, 2013 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
Unit-01 said:
You would think that the characters would learn from the losers mistakes, but I guess not.

Celes didnt had influence over others than Yamada , how could she approache someone without risking?
The murder is different from others , too.
Besides that , when you find yourself an accomplice you must make sure that you have influence over him and you're smarter than him .
Yamada was the only idiot Celes had influence over.
FluffyFleshAug 18, 2013 12:37 PM
Aug 18, 2013 12:39 PM

Nov 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
Unit-01 said:

Celes didnt had influence over others than Yamada , how could she approache someone without risking?
The murder is different from others , too.
Besides that , when you find yourself an accomplice you must make sure that you have influence over him and you're smarter than him .
Yamada was the only idiot Celes had influence over.
I'm not sure what this has to do with my post, but she pretty much slipped when she stated an event she should've pretended to not know just like Oowada.
Aug 18, 2013 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
She cracked to the pressure , it isnt a mistake , the pressure broke her act . Thou' not even the best lier , it seems , cant fool Kirigiri and Naegi .
Aug 18, 2013 12:46 PM

Nov 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
She cracked to the pressure , it isnt a mistake , the pressure broke her act . Thou' not even the best lier , it seems , cant fool Kirigiri and Naegi .
She did not seem like she was under pressure, it was only until after she slipped out the words was when they began to suspect her, and that's when she cracked.
Aug 18, 2013 1:04 PM

Sep 2008
SetsukoHara said:
It took me some time to watch this episode, cause I didn't like this case in the game, and I knew I wasn't going to like it in the anime. For once, I'm glad they rushed through that part considering how disapointing it was. That trial completely ruined Celes character.

I totally felt the same concerning this case. I was just so disappointed with Celes because i didn't expect her to explode and keep dragging her facade until her death. The only thing that made me not completely despise her was the fact that she did give Kirigiri the key to the locker in order to get alter ego back. Yet, I still get really mad when i think about her lying about Ishimaru being rough with her though haha i just can't accept that. Anyways, at this point, I remember realizing that everyone was falling apart and letting this whole thing get to them.

Now about the anime, I was only a bit disappointed that they didn't bring up the fact that Ishimaru was gripping that piece of paper with every bit of his strength, even after death. It also didn't help refreshing my memory on how Naegi had the realization to ask Celes to show her ID file to verify her name either. I totally forgot how that went about in the game but whatever, it doesn't matter much anymore. Finally, I am sad i didn't get to see Aoi in the Justice Robo suit. I was highly looking forward to that lol
Aug 18, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Oh, I love these punishments :). That confusing ending .....
Kirigiri needs (hopefully will) to win the game.
Aug 18, 2013 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
PsychoThinker said:

Do not push it if you're an irrecuperable idiot and stupidity has reached you.
FluffyFleshAug 18, 2013 1:40 PM
Aug 18, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2012
Celes </3

There goes my favourite character, I really should of played the games first :'(
Aug 18, 2013 1:19 PM

Nov 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
PsychoThinker said:

That's still a spoiler no matter. Not many people know that he will like this post suggests:
TehWhiteTiger said:
I can't predict anything in this anime, which si good, it makes it interesting xD. It seems things will be changing up a bit too.

So Sakura is suggested as being the spy. I was kind of thinking Naegi would be the spy in some epic twist. Still curious how they all knew each other before hand and the secrets of the school.
So please use a spoiler tagg Bloodynightsky
Aug 18, 2013 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
Man, explanation was too fast which kinda left me like uhh ok.

The ending though.
Aug 18, 2013 1:37 PM

Aug 2012
We're off topic! Point is just spoiler it, it takes 10 seconds and means all of this pointless stuff doesn't happen.
Aug 18, 2013 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
By the way , delete your posts . Just sayin'.
Aug 18, 2013 1:46 PM

Aug 2012
Thanks, I almost forgot to...wait I did forget to... thanks anyway, I can go back to crying about Celes now :'(
Aug 18, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2011
Aw damn so it was Celes after all. I actually liked her quite a bit =/.

What! So Sakura might be the accomplice that's working with monokuma!? Didn't see that coming. And oh damn at that room and that guy. Wonder if he's the sixteenth student. (Don't actually answer that haha.) What a cliffhanger.
Aug 18, 2013 4:35 PM

Sep 2011
Well, from the very beginning it was clear that Celes killer. Punishment so do 10/10. End intrigued.
Aug 18, 2013 10:09 PM

Apr 2008
In comparison to the game, the animation series is being rushed because of the 12 episode limit. This episode in particular felt even more rushed than the other trials.

Still enjoyable seeing it animated though.

Aug 19, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2011
Didn't think they would killer her off so soon. I thought she was going to be one of the last ones to die. =o

And woah at the ending.
Aug 19, 2013 4:01 AM

Jul 2010
Celes was acting suspiciously different in last episode and now I see why. Another bland episode, eh. At least there's one thing interesting about the series and that's Kirigiri.
Aug 19, 2013 6:29 AM

Apr 2010
Litrydow said:
I feel sorry for who hasn't played the game. This was rushed as fuck.

I know right
Aug 19, 2013 11:18 AM

Jul 2013
oh no I fel bad for her
Aug 19, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2012
Raito said:
NOT MY PRECIOUS BABY :'(
Bye bye best girl ;_;
Aug 19, 2013 8:33 PM

Aug 2007
RarityRoyale said:
Monobear was eating the Mondo Butter during the trial... ;_;

Good to see Celes' breakdown in all its animated glory. Her execution never fails to make me smile because of how ironic it is.
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i always hated celes and this whole section is good example as to why, i really have no clue why she was so well recieved, she was so 1 dimensional and had nothing more to her other than shes a bitch.
I wouldn't say that Celes is entirely one dimensional. It's true that she has the least sympathetic motive of all the culprits so far, but it's heavily implied that her calmness and 'ojou-sama' behaviour is just a facade, especially right before she's about to be executed. Celes is a gambler who never loses, and this was the gamble of her life. It just turned out that Naegi was dealt a royal flush while she got a pair of twos.

Celes was scared, just like everyone else there. I think her vampire servant story was (at least partially) complete bullshit and all she really wanted was to get out of the school of death.

I think this is exactly why I like Celes.
There is no doubt she was down right awful, but the way they made her, especially in the game was very interesting. Her calm demeanor and her constantly repeating the mantra of "adapting to your surroundings" when she was the one who couldn't do it. She killed because she couldn't stand being stuck in the school for the rest of her life, and thought she could win the trial.

The execution scene was deliciously ironic, too.

Aug 20, 2013 2:24 AM

Sep 2008
That was a pretty obvious trial this time.

Cliffhanger was intense. The plot thickens. Looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 20, 2013 4:26 AM

Jan 2013
i am kinda curious if the guy in mask is the 16th student ;O
Aug 20, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2012
RIP celes,
so funny cause people were calling her by her real name at this anime convention i attended and i was like
NOO HER NAME IS CELES,

now i feel dumb....
Aug 20, 2013 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
KILL AOI ALREADY DAMN IT.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Aug 20, 2013 5:15 PM

Jul 2013
Pizuya said:
KILL AOI ALREADY DAMN IT.

Aug 20, 2013 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
Upupupupupu...
I can't wait for the reactions! Ohohohoho!
Aug 21, 2013 1:01 AM

May 2012
Poor Poor Celes. It was obvious tho.

Btw that end, WTF is going on!
Aug 21, 2013 2:37 AM

May 2008
I didnt like how they skipped explaining why Celes split up the team into 2 groups and also Celes seeing the Justice Robo going up the stairs and skipping the explaining of the crime being made through the manga style animation at the end of every crime.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 21, 2013 3:44 AM

Jan 2012
Wonder who the masked man is
Aug 21, 2013 3:31 PM

Oct 2007
DenjaX said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i always hated celes and this whole section is good example as to why, i really have no clue why she was so well recieved, she was so 1 dimensional and had nothing more to her other than shes a bitch.
evil queen type who wears a facade, a manipulator and has gothic lolita fashion is a major plus on a character. its not really a surprise that shes popular.

as for the episode, it is still rushed but at least they tried to getthe general points of the story

Don't forget the Ojouspeak. That's often a winner in my book, especially when the show is kind of thin on character development and you have to take what you can get.

I'm kind of surprised to be reading this thread and seeing how many people apparently go for that sort of thing in female characters too. I thought that was my own usual outlier taste (god knows it's about the only moe trope that actually tends to work on me more often than not) as usual but guess not eh.
PeacingOutAug 21, 2013 3:42 PM
Aug 22, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2011
I wasn't expecting her to have been the culprit, I thought she'd last longer or make it out of the school alive if they found an escape route because she comforted the main character about Maizono at the start. I didn't like how her face was calm when she was being burnt like a witch, I don't think anyone can take being burnt with a straight face.
Aug 22, 2013 5:54 PM
Aug 2013
thracias said:
I wasn't expecting her to have been the culprit, I thought she'd last longer or make it out of the school alive if they found an escape route because she comforted the main character about Maizono at the start. I didn't like how her face was calm when she was being burnt like a witch, I don't think anyone can take being burnt with a straight face.

Kirigiri was the one who comforted Naegi in episode 3, not Celes.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.