Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 27, 2013 1:17 AM

Jul 2012
People like Togami because he fits in with their tastes. Is it really that hard to understand?

And because he's sexy as all hell but welll...
Jul 27, 2013 1:24 AM

Oct 2012
That was an interesting OP...
Wondering how many people will be in the ending by the end of the series... o.o

Jul 27, 2013 1:31 AM

Jun 2013
Love the Machinegun Talk reference in the OP ♥
Jul 27, 2013 1:37 AM

Jul 2013
This episode should've been just 22 minutes of Oowada and Ishimaru in the sauna.
Jul 27, 2013 2:04 AM

Nov 2012
People not even reacting strange when people around them is killed violently a bit unrealistic for that situation. Wanted to see some sakura fanservice when they wanted to go take a dip. XD

Jul 27, 2013 2:04 AM

Oct 2011
Jonny_Mhl said:

Lol this getting more interesting with each post XD

I still don't understand why people want to drag a long investigation to a 13 episode series, it's impossible to put too many hours in 20ish minutes.

Yep it's getting interesting with each post :D

Back to the room case then.
Jul 27, 2013 2:09 AM

May 2010
This show is very interesting and probably one of the best this season. I have only one problem, that their reactions after the death occurs slowly become too normal. I know, they want themselves to be saved but the reactions don't have that intensity which should be there.

That ending song :( RIP Fujisaki. You were a great crossdresser...
TragicRomanceJul 27, 2013 2:36 AM
Jul 27, 2013 3:30 AM

Jul 2010
A new OP already? I liked how they represented MTB though. :)

I'm glad they actually animated some of the free-time stuff. It's pretty essential to learning about the characters. Even the music was there!
Together with mixing in some of the other character interactions in the canteen, they did a pretty good job of actually showing some character development.

Also, people really need to stop spoiling here. C'mon, let the anime-only fans try to solve the case themselves.

Jul 27, 2013 4:25 AM

Feb 2011
I suppose that the paranoia girl has double personality ?
Jul 27, 2013 4:58 AM

Jul 2008
VoidNoodle said:
suynk said:
Why read the LP if you can just play the actual game? For those who want to play the original game, there's already an English fan translation out there. I suggest play that if you're unsatisfied with the anime. I wonder if that's how most first-time watchers feel, though. It's a shame :/

Some people don't have a PSP, or don't want to CFW their PSP. Maybe some can't emulate the game properly.

But I agree, if you feel the anime is lacking, play the game to appreciate it in its fullness.

I don't have it either yet I played it by using thta application called "Emulator" ^_^; (jpcsp to be exact... but use one of the older releases: some of the newer ones lag)
Jul 27, 2013 5:14 AM

Aug 2012
Have you ever thought about possibility of 2 people murdering her? Okay, that's just stupid.

The killer isn't Oogami, Sakura, that would be just way too easy, even though he/she could have easily hit Fujisaki with that weight, and tied her to those things with that rope, or whatever it is, ( My English is bad, sorry for that ) so it wasn't Sakura who killed Fujusaki.

If I didn't mention people who didn't kill Fujisaki, because this case would be too easy,I would be left with: Yamada, Asahina and Fukawa. I suspect those 3 the most.
---------------------------------------ABOUT MY SUSPECTS----------------------------------------------
About Asahina, that's just my flair, and she could've said that killing for those embarrassing secrets isn't worth it.

The reasons I suspect Fukawa is because she's a bookworm and has dissociative personality disorder, look how she always acts, plus the extension cord was missing I think from the library, she' could've faked that reaction to blood, just to hide in her room, but I suspect her the least of these 3.

Just look at Yamada, he's fat, but I bet he isn't weak, just because he's fat, (fat people mostly tend to have a lot of strength) he could have easly lifted that small Fujisaki, and hit her to the head with that weight, making her unconscious, killing her, then lifting her up and tying her to those bars, or whatever. If you look at the scene, where Sakura spilled his/her coffee, you can see a boxing bag, at the scene where Fujisaki is dead, there was no boxing bag. I know he has the strength to lift that boxing bag, to move if somewhere else. I think he has dissociative personality disorder. I don't see him talking freely with other people, like the other. He's more quiet, like some shut-in, the scene where he was listening to Ludenberg's orders kinda proves that. Probably the main reason why people wouldn't suspect Yamada is because only girls can go to female changing room, lending of student card ( or whatever that thing is called ) isn't allowed, Monokuma invented a new rule where lending a student card wasn't allowed, but nobody ever said anything about stealing it, taking it by force. Yamada could've stolen the card and used it to enter female changing room. I suspect him the most.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's my thoughts on that, sorry for a long post.
AsterisJul 27, 2013 5:20 AM
Jul 27, 2013 5:16 AM

Jan 2012
Whoah, not Fujisaki!!! :(
Even though there wasn't any big 'character development' for her in the anime, it still sad to see her getting killed. So far, I'm thinking its Togami, but i kow it can't be. He's too clever to give Naegi clues that it just can't be him. So my guesses are really limited right now, will need to rewatch this episode again D:
Oh, and the new OP was cool XD
Jul 27, 2013 5:44 AM

Apr 2012
This episode was boring but had at least a funny opening so 2/5
Jul 27, 2013 5:47 AM

Feb 2012
I wonder why in ED Naegi is witch dead people... it's like he is shinigami xD
Jul 27, 2013 6:14 AM

Feb 2011
Good episode. A bit rushed though.. trial already?!

Always been in doubt about Sakura's gender, but I guess she's female, if she can get into the girls' locker? Hm, I wonder who the culprit is this time, probably a female, but I guess it could be a male too.
Jul 27, 2013 6:20 AM

Aug 2012
Bakufreak said:

Always been in doubt about Sakura's gender, but I guess she's female, if she can get into the girls' locker? Hm, I wonder who the culprit is this time, probably a female, but I guess it could be a male too.

100% male.
Jul 27, 2013 6:39 AM

Dec 2007
Bakufreak said:

feels like they are just rushing the series in general.
Jul 27, 2013 6:54 AM

Jun 2008
People who likes playing detective please go here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=637895

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 27, 2013 6:56 AM

Apr 2009
That bromance.
Jul 27, 2013 7:02 AM

May 2010
Nice episode but they left alot of stuff out so rushed they should have made they 24 episodes.
Jul 27, 2013 7:16 AM

Jan 2011
I'm so glad the (s)he died (because the murderer did only kill males), she was so damn annoying, hopefully the annoying library girl in black will die too.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 27, 2013 7:26 AM

Jul 2013
leeo268 said:
Chanaynay said:
Leapling said:
Those who hate Togami are most likely male, blinded by the beauty of Asahina.

Hey, Asahina's my favorite character and I'm not physically attracted to her in the slightest! I didn't like Togami at first because he was being a prick to everyone. Yeah, he definitely made the story more interesting but I still didn't like him. Arrogant, entitled, elitist, etc people are not people I admire or people that are going to inspire or impact me. Of course, Togami has his good qualities (logical and wise come to mind) and Asahina has her bad qualities. Characters all have their quirks and picking favorites is a subjective thing - everyone has their own reasons for liking someone. So please don't generalize why people like/hate a certain character; it's a pretty shallow thing to do.

Respond with game spoiler

But I respect that you don't like her, and people should respect that I like her. You can't just say "oh, you must like her because you're a male blinded by her beauty." That's just stupid (and this isn't directed toward you - it's just reinforcing the point of my previous post).
Jul 27, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2011
tigerguy said:
This episode should've been just 22 minutes of Oowada and Ishimaru in the sauna.
The most genius post in the entire thread, except it should only be 17 minutes in the sauna, and then 5 minutes of the bromance in work

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 27, 2013 8:13 AM

Oct 2012
I enjoyed this episode, because this is how the formula is gonna be for this serie and shit is gonna feel rushed all the time. But still poor chihiro:(
Jul 27, 2013 8:18 AM

Jul 2009
Raisken said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

Lol this getting more interesting with each post XD

I still don't understand why people want to drag a long investigation to a 13 episode series, it's impossible to put too many hours in 20ish minutes.

Yep it's getting interesting with each post :D

Back to the room case then.

Ok then there's only 1 thing i can say and i noticed it and was hinting at this for some time:

Jul 27, 2013 8:31 AM

Jul 2010
That new opening. Fabulous.

Anyway, I don't have any clues about the culprit.

Karolus said:
Raiden_ said:
Wasurero Beeeeeeemu

Best moment.

+1
Jul 27, 2013 8:35 AM

Jan 2010
For a transitional episode, until it was satisfactory, however tedious it may seem. I enjoyed the interaction of the characters, the pace is quick way but nothing that affects as many other adaptations of games, especially one from Atlus there, cough cough.

This time is difficult if not suspicious of the other crazy nerd, but waiting for the next episode, and I hope it happens more revelations and not only murder and trial l:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jul 27, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
So the bad guy died. and i seem to not give a cent. probably because the characterization in this show is just...lol?
but, anyway can somebody tell me if they will do some kind of explanation about who and what monokuma and the school is, cos that's the only interesting part about this show, at least for me. but if there's none then i'm done.

Mod edit: edited unnecessary part
koleareJul 28, 2013 8:32 AM
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Jul 27, 2013 9:11 AM

Sep 2011
Ponpokopii said:

but, anyway can somebody tell me if they will do some kind of explanation about who and what monokuma and the school is, cos that's the only interesting part about this show, at least for me. but if there's none then i'm done.
yah they do but thats some endgame shit, theres gonna be alot of intrigue and even a overarching plot starting the episode after the next

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 27, 2013 9:16 AM

Apr 2013
Ponpokopii said:
because the characterization in this show is just...lol?

Because it's a rushed adaptation of a video game. Everybody gets way more screentime in the game.
Jul 27, 2013 9:50 AM
Apr 2011
Since I played the game, my opinion is that the character development in this episode should have been more because the character development was essential in solving the case. We didn't see Fukawa's slurred speech or Fujisaki and Mondo's bonding moment. Heck, if I didn't play the game, I wouldn't even feel much about Fujisaki's death at all because there was little to no development on Fujisaki's character.
Jul 27, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
Sakura in my opinion would be the obvious choice, therefore should be out of the discussion.

I also didn't like how the trial was so soon. 1 episode isn't nearly enough. The series should have been 24 episodes.
Jul 27, 2013 10:29 AM
Apr 2011
suynk said:
trannon1 said:
I'm just waiting ferociously for next episode.

Really... Is putting on a spoiler tag that difficult?

If that is really that big of a spoiler, then the anime must be giving way too many hints. The Genocider is obviously going to come out next episode since everyone thinks it is her who committed the murder. I mentioned the Genocider but did not give her true name. Only a few more insightful people can figure out who the character is based on the gender just watching the anime because the anime did not give major hints on the character's identity aka
. Therefore, I do not think the comment was major enough to warrant a spoiler.

Jul 27, 2013 10:44 AM

Jul 2010
I know I said in my earlier post that they managed to fit in quite a lot of character interactions given the amount of episodes they have, but looking back at it they've still skipped quite a lot of important ones too; especially around Chihiro.

Man, this adaptation would've been so much better if they were given 24 episodes or a second season. I can totally understand why some here didn't feel anything when Chihiro died, since there's been no development. It's all so rushed; such a shame. :(

Jul 27, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
suynk said:

Really... Is putting on a spoiler tag that difficult?

This thread might as well be a walking spoiler hazard. Some people just don't give two shits or conveniently gloss over the idea that some people actually want to be surprised or even deduce the stuff that is going on by themselves without some dude confirming that shiz. All I can say to the ones who haven't played or read about Dangan Ronpa is to just avoid the forums.
Jul 27, 2013 10:57 AM

Oct 2011
Jonny_Mhl said:

Ok then there's only 1 thing i can say and i noticed it and was hinting at this for some time:

Jul 27, 2013 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
Raisken said:

You are wrong about the definition of "lend."
Jul 27, 2013 11:27 AM

Feb 2010
We've already established that the series is rushed and could be better with more episodes [in my opinion 20 would have been perfect]. I would've liked a little more getting to know Fujisaki, Maizono at least had some backstory. Since we've already established that it could use more time though, I'm not going to comment on it anymore for the rest of the series. We saw most of the necessary stuff.

Anyways, Celes is so cute when she's threatening people!
Jul 27, 2013 11:34 AM

Apr 2012
Impressed they fit all that in one episode.
GOD I LOVE THOSE TWO BROMANCE QTS
And naegi butt. Oh yes.
I think considering the investigation, they did a good job fitting all that information in with that little time.
I hope chihiro's trial will be well adapted. Lots of intense surprises are coming up :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 12:05 PM

Feb 2013
This OP. This fucking OP. I have never heard a more catchy OP. This is freaking amazing I need to download this in high quality ASAP.

Anyone who says this OP is anything other than fantastic are scum of the earth.
Jul 27, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
Alright
Jul 27, 2013 12:10 PM

Jun 2013
the hell with the OP??
at this rate, each chapter will be per 2 episode..
but just from the amount of seat in ED, you guys know how much left to die and how much will life... >.<
Jul 27, 2013 1:37 PM

Sep 2011
kyanumu said:

but just from the amount of seat in ED, you guys know how much left to die and how much will life... >.<
umm no you wont, if you count the number of seats its not the amount of people that die. and for starters chihiro is standing in the Ed not sitting at a seat

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 27, 2013 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
The part when Oowada and Ishimaru were having a competition of who can stay longer in the sauna was hilarious. But the way they became all friendly with each other is suspicious.
Jul 27, 2013 2:24 PM

Jul 2010
June93 said:
OH SHIT! I fapped to Chihiro when i first saw her cause I thought she was hot but then I find out she's a dude!? That's freaking gay, why would they even do that? I know I'm not gay so this is total bullshit, worst character, giving this trash a 1.

Jul 27, 2013 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
June93 said:
OH SHIT! I fapped to Chihiro when i first saw her cause I thought she was hot but then I find out she's a dude!? That's freaking gay, why would they even do that? I know I'm not gay so this is total bullshit, worst character, giving this trash a 1.

I am ashamed that you and I both belong to the Zero Escape fandom. Unless this is a parody of a straight guy being homophobic due to being insecure of his sexuality, please block every single website on the internet from your computer besides Neopets since Neopets is really the only proper website children should be allowed to go on.
Jul 27, 2013 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
this show is the shit omg. made my heart race soooo much. i have a feeling i know who it was, but who even knows. we'll see. I LOVE THIS SHOW.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 3:55 PM

Mar 2013
ugh first half felt super slow. Trying to be funny but failing hard and the second half was ultra rushed. Really intrigued by this show, but it needs to find a good balance.
Jul 27, 2013 4:03 PM

Feb 2013
i was so happy cuz i was expecting that annoying bitch to die lol
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.