Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 24, 2014 3:18 PM
Feb 2013
That was a pretty good arc, best yet, wonder how they'll top that.
May 1, 2014 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
This episode was good, but all the cliches and bad stuff I hate in this type of situations were all there.

Too much flaws, but the I really like the final part.
May 22, 2014 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
What an insane episode. It was so good I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. I'm assuming that the next arc is the last thought since she has all the information she needs.
Jun 3, 2014 2:54 AM

Apr 2013
So this arc finally ends.
It was a good episode despite it's flaws. Why didn't Rika just get up as fast as possible after she fell, but decided to chill a bit down there? A few things like that, but still good episode.
And despite her god-complex and really brutal murdering, Takano really is attractive in her "Major Takano"-role!
Jul 31, 2014 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
What a bitch.

Aug 16, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2013
even though I did like the episode Takano is still a lame bad guy
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Aug 20, 2014 11:30 PM

Jan 2014
Nyr said:
Okay, so them beating the crap out of those baddies was kind of cool. The mysteries being resolved slowly; hey, cool, I didn't expect Takano to be behind it for a pretty long time. But for the rest?

Plain ridiculous. Never have I screamed at my screen because of the characters acting plain retardedly and "FRIENDSHIP: IT IS THE SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS". Takano just standing there with her gun as everyone gathers around Keiichi to cry their eyes out? If you'd had just pulled the trigger, things would have ended a tad faster.

I know I've seen a lot of unrealistic things, but this was just too much. I love how the mysteries are slowly being resolved, but the rest? No thanks.

Yeah, because the "working together"/"friendship being the solution" thing totally wasn't introduced tons of episodes ago and hasn't been reinforced multiple times in severe ways since then...

Takano was obviously enjoying watching the results of the pain she was inflicting. Take her character into context (like character should always be taken into context) and it becomes obvious that's not an issue at all.

ToG25thBaam said:
Laughed at how stupid it seems to be. Now, a God complex, huh?

>Takano shot Keiichi, but didn't try to shoot the other girls when they were there talking to the dying Keiichi.
> Yamainu must be nothing special, they let 2 kids escaped their house (hey why not surround it?), they were beaten by kids (some pro they are).
> Rika fell down, that was so.. expected.. -.- Her "Satoko, run away! You will be killed as well" uhm, if Rika dies, everyone dies, so.. I guess that doesn't make much sense, huh?
> Rika would rather spend time thinking instead of getting up from the ground and run away, and that would not have mattered if it happened in a second, but the scene was switched to Yamainu worker running toward them, which means, real time passes as she was thinking, instead of trying to actually run away. -.-
> Rena just "felt" some sort of presence, oh shit, she can sense the "Ki" of those people, how about a kamehameha wave next?
> When they were running away, and of course beating those Yamainu guys, they were treating this as a game, or it seems to be. No real sense of urgency, nothing, no shit.
> Mion, while they were running away from the Yamainu, she suddenly stopped to waste some time pull the "sacrificial hero"/"distraction" stunt, uhm wut?
> What the hell happened in the other realm? How could Keiichi and the gang be there as well? Why now? What made that happen? I hope it would get answered later, other than just dismissing it as "you know, things happen". So now they know about Hanyuu? Shouldn't they be more surprised or puzzled? Whatever.

> Again, take Takano's character into account. She was obviously enjoying watching the results of her interference.
> One word: underestimation.
> Rika's mind was operating on panic mode at that particular instant.
> The very point was that she wasn't sure if she wanted to run away or not.
> Because Rena hasn't been established as being super observant and tactical and doing whatever it takes to survive, and basing her behavior off of that, so she definitely wouldn't be able to feel something's off because she's not that type of character... oh, wait. She has been, and she is. Not to mention she's been followed/pursued in previous worlds and would know what it feels like through the memory leak. Again, take character into context. Always take character into context. Always.
> Do you know these kids? It's totally in character how they were behaving out of confidence, and that confidence was shot to hell as soon as Keiichi was.
> She thought she would be able to buy time for her friends and sister by doing so, and perhaps implicitly felt comforted in the idea that she would be joining Keiichi by doing so, judging by her focus on her blood-stained hand. Other than that, do I really need to explain the logic behind a move like that in a situation like this? I don't think I do.
> For this, it just seems like their ghosts joined Hanyuu's temporarily before the time reset. Why now? Because they clearly had more unity in this arc than they have had in any other before.
zacrathedemon5Aug 20, 2014 11:42 PM
Sep 25, 2014 4:27 PM

Aug 2013
Omg, It is 1:30am and I am still watching it, what a brilliant show.
Takano! Bitch, die.already!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 3, 2014 1:36 AM
Dec 2011
oh...my..god................!this horrifying .i cried so much none stop for this even after watching i cried a lot thinking to myself why? why? . it is just too horrible and painful to watch..oh rika satako...she killed them having fun!? its just awful..terrifyingly awful ..i felt like i got to do something to help them all right now felt so powerless ! its just so sad..

i hope they all KICK HER CREEPY ASS SO HARD THAT SHE WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF HELL :3 i always hated miyo and her attitude isn't right and she acted weird from the beginning like "this is so fun i don't give a shit" behavior :3
Oct 23, 2014 8:48 AM

May 2014
Takano confirmed for Hitler-sama
seriously thats too cruel.
Oct 30, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, Miyo is so cute <3
Dat creepy laugh :D

No seriously though, that episode was madness. Between coldly executing teens and children, a Shoah-like operation, Rika being disembowel alive, Miyo being a creepy bitch. Yep, it was good.

I wonder what Rena meant when she said that the Oyoshiro ''exist''. I'm really curious about what happen to Miyo after each arc.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 7, 2014 1:12 AM

Nov 2013
Screw that nipah~ shit. Hanyuu's au au au~ is the most adorable thing in existence...

HOLY SHIT I GOT CHILLS WHEN TAKANO BEGAN KILLING RIKA'S FRIENDS!

Mion was so badass this episode. Seeing her do that fucking back kick just made her badassery reach new levels!

It's strange seeing Rena with a cleaver when she isn't a yandere...

Shion's boobs look delicious as ever. :P

It's official. Takano has gone full yandere. I'm beginning to not like her as much now that she's evil and all. :(

OHMIGOSH THE FRIENDSHIP POWERZ!

Looks like the next arc is gonna be 11 episodes. Good god this is gonna be difficult to marathon in 1 sitting.

Just wow...10/5
FunnyRatmanNov 7, 2014 1:16 AM

Nov 7, 2014 1:14 AM

Nov 2013
UnbornMVs said:

YOU NEED TO F*KIN DIE
Yeah she looked really ugly in this scene. I don't blame people wanting her to die now. I'm not really liking her anymore either. :/

Nov 15, 2014 6:08 PM

Dec 2012
Seriously, Takano killing Satoko made me lol. Awesome way to kill her.
Nov 18, 2014 10:06 AM

Aug 2014
takano is the lamest villian ever. i just dont like her anymore... ._.
Jan 24, 2015 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
bioshockbarbie said:

nothing about her is likable
Jan 30, 2015 3:54 AM

Jun 2014
That was inevitable,but now Rika knows the truth.
Onto the next and hopefully last timeline!.
Feb 21, 2015 7:36 AM

Apr 2012
Zel said:
Gah... that was crazy... well, Takano was crazy. Wanting to become Oyashiro-sama was retarded if you ask me. I didn't read the mangaVN, so I had no idea how it was going to end or whatever. I hope the next arc will be good as well... but with a better ending.

That badass Keiichi and Rena though.

bioshockbarbie said:
never really liked her.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 24, 2015 6:35 AM
Nov 2014
Takano, the party crasher lol.

Really great arc.

Looking forward to the next one.
May 5, 2015 11:09 PM

Jul 2008
About time they called out Hanyuu.

Now all the pieces are in place, its time to end this once and for all.

Ni~paaaaaaaaaa!
May 18, 2015 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Nyr said:
[...]Plain ridiculous. Never have I screamed at my screen because of the characters acting plain retardedly and "FRIENDSHIP: IT IS THE SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS". Takano just standing there with her gun as everyone gathers around Keiichi to cry their eyes out? If you'd had just pulled the trigger, things would have ended a tad faster.

^Maybe the gun was a barrel chamber/revolver! :D

I admit, I was saying "bitch" in my breath after Takano kept plucking them from existence one by one, but she's a lot more than that. She's a completely psychotic, sadistic, and cold-blooded woman that places her ambition above everything.

It's blatant she took pleasure in all this. I was feeling nauseous while Keiichi was dying and I was mourning too. I mean damn, he is truly the representation of everything good that's left in this world.

Seriously, I wish a death of this caliber to no one, but I hope Rena slices her body clean in half in the next world they show up in. I was so glad that the gang knew what was going on after they died and Rika was about to be disemboweled. Hopefully by the power of friendship! they'll be able to do something about all this...

I hope they keep their memories, too.
May 27, 2015 11:47 PM

Feb 2013
Lol and I thought Takano was crazy before, but shes just completely fucking lost it now. I have to say I do really like her as the villain though, and it's not just because she looks pretty hot in her new outfit..*cough*. That being said, the bitch did kill Shion, so she needs to die >_>.

Speaking of Shion, I was really hoping she would go all Oni mode and kill some fools before getting shot, maybe next arc :/...

But holy shit was this episode crazy, seeing everyone kicking ass together was awesome. It also seems like everyone is now with Rika inside of her weird spirit time world...thingy. So I guess that means that they'll all remember now? Pretty sweet.
Jun 24, 2015 12:30 AM

Feb 2015
Damn, Takano's laugh is insane. I like Satoko's laugh more though. Good arc with a great ending episode. I think Takano as a villain is cool.
devinderJun 25, 2015 12:04 AM
Jul 7, 2015 9:17 AM
N/A

Jan 2014
devinder said:
Damn, Takano's laugh is insane. I like Satoko's laugh more though. Good arc with a great ending episode. I think Takano as a villain is cool.

Oct 9, 2015 1:16 PM

Nov 2009
Takano is without doubt not the best villain, but the "broccoli or cauliflower, which one is green?" part was brutal.
I've been noticing that "fate" is really the driving force in many anime. I don't believe in it at all, but it's an interesting concept to play around with.
Good arc, however until now this is a 7/10 for me. Good, just not very good. Let's see how it turns out, good luck Rika~

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Oct 13, 2015 4:08 PM

May 2015
Oh my god. That episode. I cried like a frigging baby.

I'm confused as to why Rika thought she wouldn't remember. She remembered the other timelines where Keiichi thought everyone wanted to kill him, Rena thought there were aliens and Shion became a yandere. Why wouldn't she remember Takano's betrayal?

Well at least I got some shipping material for Mion and Keiichi.

Also, the sub I’m watching that was done by “We Are In Denial” has little sayings, funny or serious, each time the show comes back from “commercial break.” One of them was “Don’t mess with the Sonozakis. They have tasers.” The fact that Shion and Mion tased those guys was really funny because of that. And holy crap apparently Mion can do karate or something. My admiration of her increases yet again.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 6, 2015 11:24 PM

Oct 2014
i cried like a little bitch when rika got tied up and they were all comforting her before death ;(
Nov 24, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Merciless, i knew there was nothing they could do against this Yamainu guys but that was still shocking.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 27, 2015 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
I absolutely love Rena here. She was facing certain death and just stood there laughing at Takano like a f*king boss.
Dec 3, 2015 4:11 AM
Aug 2012
Man Keiichi and Mion where beast. Rena was meh, looks like she did not put up a fight like Keiichi and Mion.
Sep 5, 2016 8:31 PM
Nov 2010
UserDeleted said:
best episode yet.

Are the others entering the new world as well?

That's my question, after this. How much comes through the next cycle via dream? Or for the final arc will they all have memories? Can't wait!

Side note: Reading all the posts on this season's episodes from 2007 and 08 leaves me a little concerned. I can't decide if the fandom that was watching it then were either just sick or simply 12 years old. It's the internet, though.... hard to say.
Dec 27, 2016 12:52 PM
Mar 2016
This season is really good, speaking that season 1 got a 10/10 from me. I'm ready to see the next arc, which I hope finishes up the season. We need a timeline where Tokyo can be defeated and we move passed the summer months
Feb 4, 2017 2:46 PM
Restless One

Apr 2016
Takano.....YOU BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...

Even though I loved the first season, I didn´t really consider it top 10 worthy, but after this glorious episode? Unless the final arc somehow dissapoints, it´s going in there!

Edit: To be honest, the first 4 episodes and the mindfuck start of episode 5 of the first season were the highlight of the series for me, then it calmed down quite a lot. So I was waiting for it to get back to that level again. And finally this episode did it.

Edit2: For that whole arc, I was basically Hanyuu. "This is too good to be true, shit is gonna hit the fan, I know it." It still hit me like a truck when it happened.

Edit3: So I just found out that Satoko is colorblind...that explained the weird quiz question Takano gave her and made the scene so much better. I mean could she get any more diabolical? xD
HydallanFeb 8, 2017 1:06 AM
I witnessed a loli spill from a cartridge and somehow retained my sanity.
Mar 27, 2017 7:49 AM
Nov 2015
F*** that. Look at how Mion electrocuted the 2 yamainu already down. That is efficience for you!!!!
Wowo the animation may suck but there are a lot of details in other quarters.
Mar 27, 2017 7:51 AM
Nov 2015
And rena's axe finally. You are more than welcome.
And i guess all those extracurricular activities pay off. Hurray hurray why the last ep of each arc so good??
Sean_NessmanMar 27, 2017 7:54 AM
Mar 27, 2017 7:59 AM
Nov 2015
Oh why a kid show can be so mature? When K dies, they all decide to survive and make that decision so fast.
That hit hard. Just after them saying they couldnt succeed without any one less. They K got hit.
I believe next arc everyone will survive but that just makes this arc glorious. All die. Takano let out a 90s-ish laugh at the end. I had thought if this arc failed, Rika would lose her will to fight. But it ended the opposite way.
Sean_NessmanMar 27, 2017 8:12 AM
May 5, 2017 2:28 AM
May 2017
I think Hanyuu has no guts and that is all her fault. She is utterly useless except for helping Rims travel universes and stuff. I think that the oyashiro was an ALIEN and that the three great families had one each. Maybe at first the Furude family's alien was made into a god but then a member of the Furude family, Hanyuu, sacrificed her self to stop people from commuting sins because of the disease.
Aug 19, 2017 9:58 AM

Sep 2016
Everything was going so well in this arc too... time to move on to the beta timeline.
Dec 24, 2017 7:09 AM

Aug 2014
I like first season better, how they presented the mystery was interesting, in the 2nd season i notice a lot of supernatural side a lot of edgy laughs, it lost a bit of its charm as a mystery anime, and i lost some interest to see the revelations. The very first arc is still the best thing about it.
However it still a good anime overall, compared to many so-called mystery new anime, this one is definitely better.
Feb 8, 2019 1:42 PM

Aug 2009
I'm rewatching this show now (it was my first anime ever back in 2009) and this episode is still amazing. Such a great climax to an amazing arc. 5/5
Aug 3, 2019 12:52 AM

Jan 2018
what a cheesy ending for an otherwise pretty good arc. takano's motivations are... lackluster, to say the least. the god complex thing yet again? really? i expected better
Dec 28, 2019 6:09 PM
Dec 2019
This "Tokyo" organization who works with government need to take down by higher position in government thought and by that I don't know how Keichi and others can take them down beside targeting Takano. Do they need to fight with political way as the way when they trying to save Satoko from child abuser ?
At least from now on the story line will play in forward, can't wait to know how it's end !
Apr 1, 2020 4:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what an episode! One last spurt in the buildup and things could've ended drastically different but I suppose it goes to show what exactly is at stake here.

Takano-san reveals herself for the first time! Hopefully, this piece of info will stick with Rika the next time around. Really good to see that she didn't fall into despair though, I'd a feeling she was at her wits end but props to her friends for that.

I thought that the death of Rika would've made the villagers more vulnerable and possessed by the disease though but that didn't seem to happen. Did they not kill her immediately like the previous attempts, or what?

Looking forward to what's in store for us next!
_MushiRock11_Apr 1, 2020 5:20 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 24, 2020 4:06 AM

Feb 2018
This episode make me cry, really... Takano bitch.
May 7, 2020 8:30 PM
Apr 2019
OMG Seeing the man cast as Ghost made me shed tears; they're so close, next time though
May 28, 2020 7:33 AM

May 2018
Now that was a real massacre! Auauau~
May 29, 2020 12:59 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I've got to say that Takano's gunpoint quiz was one of the best anime villain moments I've seen. Overall, she's a pretty run-of-the-mill villain at this point, but it's pure villain gold to give someone a quiz and shoot them for the right answer.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jun 28, 2020 3:36 AM

Apr 2020
Massacre arc is over. Damn. Takano goes insane. Also, she's really hot. I couldn't hate her. Smh
RegulusXJun 28, 2020 4:03 AM
Jul 17, 2020 9:21 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, and they were so close...
I really hate Takano.
Atleast Rika will know who the mastermind of this whole thing when shes in the new world.

Jul 28, 2020 12:34 AM

Nov 2016
This gave me serious the walking dead vibes when they were rounded up and killed
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.