Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 20, 2010 8:22 AM

Sep 2009
I loved that ep. It's the best one. However, first part of arc was so boring -_-".
And Kanon-chan is the cuttiest heroine ^_^ Also she remind me Miyuki from LS but Kanon much better.
Nov 20, 2010 10:30 AM

Sep 2008
i like how forgiving everyone is to kanon now after her capture than her 'uses tasers on keima' and 'needs everyone's attention' from the previous episodes we seen spammed throughout the forum. cant judge a book by its cover, like they always say
Nov 20, 2010 10:40 AM

Mar 2010
Pretty flashy i might say, still i enjoyed it, gave me some chills for some reason

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 20, 2010 11:13 AM

Jul 2009
atruong18 said:
i like how forgiving everyone is to kanon now after her capture than her 'uses tasers on keima' and 'needs everyone's attention' from the previous episodes we seen spammed throughout the forum. cant judge a book by its cover, like they always say

Sure, you can't judge a Black Bible by its cover cuz not all people who find her annoying will keep posting their hatred ep by ep or they will get comments lyk "why u still watchin?" or "we no u hate her already so STFU & GTFO" amirite?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 20, 2010 11:36 AM
Nov 2010
I'm kind of on the fence with Kanon. I like her, but the taser was a little excessive, like Keima said.

I'm actually really impressed with the seiyuu. For this being her first role, she did an excellent job, imo. Even her songs exhibit emotion deflections nicely.
Nov 20, 2010 1:00 PM

Aug 2009
Honestly, I'm really happy with the songs that they used for the arc. It takes quite a bit of work to get good songs like that into anime. I mean, look at K-ON. The reason that show was such a big letdown for me was that it's a show about four girls who are in a band... yet they don't even have songs.

This arc was about a singing idol, and yet people are complaining about how many songs she has. It really should've been expected. They're gonna take advantage of that, mostly for the CDs and merchandise they can make off of it. I know I'll be looking for Kanon's singles. Kanon's character became a favorite of mine the minute she finished that ballad.

Favorite episode out of the series so far. The ballad almost made me cry.
Nov 20, 2010 6:23 PM

Feb 2008
Someon have the Ballad part ? YTB, or any link whould be cool

BTW, realy like this chap, almost cryed for listening the ballad

Nov 20, 2010 9:44 PM

Jun 2007
hmm, at first, i thought they were placing dead time with this arc, since it definitely took longer than an arc of kami nomi should have taken, however, we are only halfway through the season, and 3/4 opening girls are done with already... so i'm wondering if the next girl's arc is gonna be longer than usual...

anyways, as for the episode itself, it was great. bits of amusing with elsee and keima, bits of kawaii with kanon and elsee, and badassery from keima. it was also really nice to see keima be the type of male lead every game character/anime character should inspire to be like. this anime is not disappointing in any way shape or form, even when compared to the manga. they are doing an incredible job, and the songs were really beautiful. if anything, this anime surpasses my expectations, and deserves more praise. same with the manga. anyways, next arc should be fun. eyecatches are nice too.
Nov 20, 2010 10:20 PM

Sep 2008
yea i agree with you. the anime really is a good job so far. just some nitpicking with some episodes dragging on too long that everyone has, but nonetheless good

theres the cake episode (should be next if i recall) and most likely 3 episodes of shiori. and thats season1, 12 episodes. im not sure if there is 12,13, or 14 episodes, though, but if 13/14, its possibly the skipped chapter4 and another sidestory
Nov 21, 2010 1:13 AM

Aug 2009
I thought this episode will suck, but I guess I was wrong. Really, Manglobe blow their budget in this episode. Songs were unexpectedly well done.

KANON LOVE <3 <3 <3

Next episode will be Cake episode (which is full of Elsie love <3). After that, it is most likely to have Shiori arc. It will either 2 or 3 episodes. Shiori arc is called to be one of the best capturing arc in entire KamiNomi, so be prepared. Hanazawa powah will be massive.
Nov 21, 2010 6:05 AM

Jul 2008
ringoo4 said:
I thought this episode will suck, but I guess I was wrong. Really, Manglobe blow their budget in this episode. Songs were unexpectedly well done.

KANON LOVE <3 <3 <3

Next episode will be Cake episode (which is full of Elsie love <3). After that, it is most likely to have Shiori arc. It will either 2 or 3 episodes. Shiori arc is called to be one of the best capturing arc in entire KamiNomi, so be prepared. Hanazawa powah will be massive.

Well I tought Shiori's arc was average and i'm far from the only one thinking that.
Nov 21, 2010 10:15 AM

Sep 2008
make that me too.
i never even knew shiori was that popular until recently.

and kusunoki is overhyped, though it is interesting.

pretty much i thought the captures before hakua's introduction were more introductory before the story deepens and captures are more unique.
Nov 21, 2010 12:51 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah it was a very nice ending. Not just a song but the concert itself was good. This episode was probably a bigger budget. Anyway, another evil soul caught and Keima is left alone with games... again.

This is just the passion that he has not yet fallen in love.

Nov 21, 2010 3:57 PM

Jun 2010
Naratchi said:
I was a little overwhelmed by the quality of this anime.
The big amount of work really shows.

couldn't agree more
Nov 21, 2010 4:03 PM

Jun 2008
Oh god, I choked up at the Lime/Yuri bouquets ;w;

Kanon is so cuuute<3 I liked her in the manga, but she was even cuter in the anime :>

I don't remember all that mirror talking in the manga, am I forgetting it or are they really just
Nov 21, 2010 11:20 PM

Oct 2007
great episode, honestly. all the songs were really well done, and if that earlier comment about this being the seiyuu's first major role, even more impressive. I'm also on the side of those that say the songs didnt feel like time-wasters, it offered something the manga could barely touch on just due to the medium. Seeing more of Citron was nice as well. I'm not really sure what the rest of you were expecting, its not like if they cut that episode down to half the time we would get half an episode of the arc after shiori or something... The animation was really great too, her movements kept me interested in the song and it was all rather cute. I almost wished she went ahead and performed the whole Citron song at the end too. That part was really touching, it was like saying "It took awhile, but I've made it here, even if you're not with me our song will still be sung here." insert d'aww.

oh, also

Personally I didnt like the cake chapter much in the manga, mostly cause I find elsee rather annoying, but we'll see how the anime treatment gives it. Also, FUCK YEAH FIRETRUCKS. altho the best firetruck scene
Nov 21, 2010 11:23 PM

Dec 2009
MusashiRose said:
I enjoyed the other arcs much more... glad this one is over.
I agree. I'm glad Kanon's arc is finished. I found her really irritating. She made much of the arc tiring for me to watch. I did, however, at least like her ballad & Citron's song this ep.

Looking forward to a new arc & a new conquest for Keima~ :)
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Nov 22, 2010 1:22 AM

Dec 2008
WANT. SHIORI. NOW.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Nov 22, 2010 2:39 AM

Aug 2010
This is the first episode since the beginning that I really, really enjoyed. I don't know why but I loved the concert scene at the end. Kanon took the longest to conquer thus far but I liked the 3 episodes with her the best so far. Hopefully things continue to be good. I feel bad for Keima at the end though, I think he really starts to like the girls but once the loose soul is released and captured they forget all about him D:
Nov 22, 2010 5:33 AM

Aug 2009
Conqueringgodess said:
ringoo4 said:

KANON LOVE <3 <3 <3

Well I tought Shiori's arc was average and i'm far from the only one thinking that.
But I said Hanazawa powah.
Nov 22, 2010 10:50 AM

Feb 2010
Wow, there was more music in this episode than in both seasons of K-ON.
Nov 22, 2010 2:19 PM

Jul 2008
ringoo4 said:
Conqueringgodess said:
ringoo4 said:

KANON LOVE <3 <3 <3

But I said Hanazawa powah.

Don't recall that D:
Nov 22, 2010 2:33 PM

Feb 2010
The arc's finally over! I mean, the arc itself wasn't bad at all, but I just really hate Pop-Music. Well, I just overrode her singing parts with Russkaja. I didn't fit, but it worked for me.
Nov 24, 2010 1:40 PM
Aug 2008
mowatman said:
Doesn't anyone else feel bad for Keima? All these girls end up loving him, and I'm sure he ends up with feelings for them, and then they just forget. That's got to be crushing for Keima. Especially with Kanon who it seems he had the most feelings for.

You're not the only one. It seems like with each successive girl, he's starting to open up more. He's starting to view them more as people and not just conquests, which is going to make what he's doing very difficult.
Nov 24, 2010 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
Just ok episode but not the best.
Nov 24, 2010 9:28 PM

May 2007
There was a Ghost in the Shell reference, in World God Only Knows, weird.

I for one have liked every episode thus far Keima has made every arc work great with how he acts and reacts to the situations. I am certain after the next girl he will commit suicide about not being able to stay with them how much work he puts in.

I liked the romantic song Kanon sung, best one yet.
My anime list
Nov 26, 2010 7:15 PM

Aug 2009
Ghost in the shell reference!
Nov 26, 2010 9:46 PM

Feb 2010
Gotta give it up for Keima man he's legit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2010 5:45 AM

Feb 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3zzde7C2kE

The ballad from kanon to keima

Nov 30, 2010 9:12 AM

Aug 2008
Love, love loved how this arc ended. Sure it felt extended, but it brought the manga to life with the concert scenes. Great job!
Nov 30, 2010 11:23 AM

May 2010
Kanon's ballad was nice ;)

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Nov 30, 2010 6:34 PM

Jun 2009
The anime did jump 1 time when Keima finished the bugged galge game. And overall putting Kanon's arc means that the anime will run a couple of episodes since Kanon is the 3rd person to be captured and there will be a lot ahead
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 4, 2010 8:11 PM

Jan 2009
Personally I think Kanon is a little bit overrated... Or just to put it simply: totally not my type. But then again, as of now, among the three girls I don't have a favourite... The tsundere kinda excited me, but that's different ;dd
I also think there were too many songs .-. I rarely listen to j-pop so that's probably it... So anyway I didn't like at all that arc, it was even boring at times o_O And as I read some spoilers xDD, I can't help but complain "why her of all the people" but oh well. D:
I hope the next arc will be better. Or another side-story xD Like the one with the bugged game XD
Dec 4, 2010 8:28 PM

Sep 2008
Nao-stani said:
Personally I think Kanon is a little bit overrated...

i never knew she was overrated to begin with, but same said for shiori (recently found out that she was popular)
honestly, my rating of the first 4 captures DURING their captures and not the later manga developments is: 1) Ayumi, 2) Shiori, 3) Mio/Kanon
as you can see, kanon wasnt that highly regarded. after a few more captures, shiori gets pushed down by 4 or 5.

And as I read some spoilers xDD, I can't help but complain "why her of all the people" but oh well. D:

if its the spoiler that im thinking of, then keima's reasoning is explained in the manga for why. although i do have to admit that i started to like her character more in her reappearance than during her capture. not sure if this is probably because of improved drawing quality or because of the developing story predicament
Dec 5, 2010 3:55 AM

Aug 2009
Kanon's Arc is win.
Pretty much liked most of her songs.
Looking forward to downloading at least.

Her personality is like a yandere, too bad she's not.
Dec 5, 2010 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
atruong18 said:
Nao-stani said:
Personally I think Kanon is a little bit overrated...

i never knew she was overrated to begin with, but same said for shiori (recently found out that she was popular)
honestly, my rating of the first 4 captures DURING their captures and not the later manga developments is: 1) Ayumi, 2) Shiori, 3) Mio/Kanon
as you can see, kanon wasnt that highly regarded. after a few more captures, shiori gets pushed down by 4 or 5.

And as I read some spoilers xDD, I can't help but complain "why her of all the people" but oh well. D:

if its the spoiler that im thinking of, then keima's reasoning is explained in the manga for why. although i do have to admit that i started to like her character more in her reappearance than during her capture. not sure if this is probably because of improved drawing quality or because of the developing story predicament

I didn't think she was overrated, too, but a couple of episodes ago, everyone was all like "I can't wait for Kanon's arc, blah-blah", so, normally, I got pretty excited. Sadly, for nothing. It's not like I dislike her, it's just that she doesn't appeal to me in any way D: Btw, I liked Ayumi's arc the most, too. I don''t know if it was because she was the first one, but it got me.

Well I don't know if we're talking about the same spoiler XD But yeah, maybe Kanon is more awesome later on, I can't say anything about that, I haven't read the manga :) I'll do it after the second season probably :D
Dec 5, 2010 11:22 AM

Sep 2008
actually, she shouldnt appear again until an uncertain season3, unless the anime decides to bring her back for screentime randomly as a commercial break or screen transition. on the bright side, season2 should have the backstory told to us, so people can stop saying that 'this is the same thing repeated over and over with no story.' though that would probably take to the uncertain season3 too. -shrugs-

i just like ayumi's character for some reason, many people do. i mean we've seen tsunderes more than often now in anime, idols are a rarity but not as consistently popular anymore, and there's usually a quiet person in each series.

ive said this many times already, but these beginning captures are introductory, giving us typical character types we have known and introducing keima's capture system. as the series go on, the target becomes more complex to handle.
Dec 7, 2010 3:40 PM

Jan 2009
In other words, the next target is a quiet girl perhaps? Meh, I hope she's not too quiet beucase those are the ones that bug me the most >_<
Haha, I know I hope for a yandere in the series, I hope I'll get one xD And kuudere, too... I mean, you DID mention stereotypical characters, so... :)

I'm looking forward to finishing the series and starting to read the manga then ;)
Dec 7, 2010 9:12 PM

Sep 2008
if you include her talking in her head a lot, then no, shes not too quiet.
Dec 16, 2010 10:44 PM

Sep 2008
For some reason, Kanon's character felt all over the place to me and just wasn't right. Probably cause of the random stun gun parts that were there and felt out of character and made no sense. Plus invisibility wasn't really explained but I don't mind since it may be explained later or it may have been the spirit in her doing that or something. Unless this whole time it was purely metaphorical in which case I'd do a face palm since they didn't show that very well.

Nice animation throughout the episode though and songs were good. 5/5
Dec 27, 2010 4:21 PM

May 2009
Gosh, the past 3 episodes were like assaults to my ears. Were the producers of the show by any chance parodying idols and their ridiculous songs?

Apart from the songs (and the uh, performance of thus), though, the message was rather good.
Feb 12, 2011 8:32 AM

Aug 2009
Mmm, my least favorite arc. The turning invisible thing was just plain silly.
Feb 15, 2011 2:56 AM

Aug 2009
It's this supposed to be a parody or something like this ? Because the whole arc was stupid and full of cliches.

I hate this arc , destroyed everything that i enjoyed so far..
Feb 15, 2011 1:05 PM

Jun 2009
The ballad was nice but that's it. Still not fan of Kanon's singing. And all that turning invisible... How come all those anime idols are so popular (you know in their anime they have big fanbases) even though their songs all sound the same? The only exception is Full Moon (from Full Moon wo Sagashite). Her songs are so beautiful! :3
Mar 8, 2011 7:55 AM

May 2010
Love this arc. Kanon was cute, the songs were great, and I love concert scenes.

And does anyone else feel the other 2 girls from her previous band looked like the first 2 girls of the series? I think it was the eyes.

Mar 25, 2011 8:45 AM

Aug 2009
I still prefer Otsuu-chan. And her ouendans.
Apr 16, 2011 3:47 AM

Dec 2010
best episode so far, I like these drawn out plots. Kanon's dresser or stylist needs to die...that green outfit was hideous
May 19, 2011 12:41 PM
Jan 2010
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY CUURESENTOOO
Jun 27, 2011 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
Aversa said:

One thing i am wondering about is.
How can Kanon walk outside in the snow with that outfit and not get cold?

Stars create their own internal heat.
Aug 17, 2011 8:41 AM

Aug 2008
DNF said:
Kanon arc was a huge letdown.. they wasted so much time on unnecessary songs, instead of bringing crucial details over the time =_=

I liked her songs though. (:

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2010

195 by little_raven »»
May 20, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

199 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

248 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 20, 2010

205 by little_raven »»
May 17, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

346 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 19, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.