Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chained Soldier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 5, 12:39 PM
Jan 2016
Reply to DedPanda
You know....having read the manga and actively keeping up with it compared to what I just saw in anime form....felt like two different atmospheres. I'm just here to see the "content" animated. Tenka getting the focus in the ED has me wondering just how far they plan to go with this. Also...funny how just like with Akame Ga Kill, they straight up supersize the boobs in the anime XD
@DedPanda

Yeah, I did feel Tenka being the focus of the ED being a little strange. Why isn't it Kyouka? Tenka doesn't really feel right with the collar and all. I know Tenka is popular, but still felt off to me (especially when she hasn't even been introduced yet).
Jan 5, 12:51 PM
Apr 2023
CGI ruined it. MAPPA has spoiled me
Jan 5, 3:35 PM

Feb 2022
Bad CGI, mediocre plot, looks like another harem anime.
Jan 5, 3:42 PM

Nov 2014
Wow that was terrible…. You know subjectively, if you enjoy it great.
Jan 5, 3:56 PM
Aug 2022
As if it matters-I know I'm just some guy one the internet, but this animation studio has lost my respect. I was really looking forward to this show. I'm loving the manga, and was hyped to see the adaptation on screen. This looks terrible though. I'm certain this will only last one season. There's no way it measures up to the manga's quality. This sucks because the story is quite good, and delivers way passed the fan service. The manga actually turned out to be an interesting plot with good action. Disappointed that the anime isn't going to measure up to those fight scenes from the pages.

TLDR: This material deserved better than this 3D-rendered dumpster fire.
Jan 5, 4:38 PM

Mar 2007
A good beginning, even though the CGI isn't quite Orange quality.
Jan 5, 4:48 PM

Oct 2022
This was deceptively, painfully mid.
Another isekai, with a really ugly and dumb protag, and a bunch of paint-by-numbers waifus... there's the lazy one, the bossy one, the cute one; each with corresponding hair colors. At least it does some setup by showing his life before he gets isekaid into a ...game? It has these really terrible monsters that attack and eat people..... yawn..... and chick finds him and tells him his duty is to be her slave.
Yeah...no

But on the other hand, there are things about it that seem decent. It has surprisingly good production values. It looks sharp, at least all the female characters look great (the mc looks like a goof) the OP is way too good of a song to open for a show like this, and the ED has really good animation, music, and there's even a preview screen at the end.
The thing is, the characters are all archetypes, and just looking good might not be enough to bring me backfor 12 weeks of this. If I want good looking characters, production values and music I can surely find them attached to a better anime.
SuperAdventureJan 5, 4:55 PM
Jan 5, 5:44 PM

Apr 2013
Kinda weird but the action was cool
Jan 5, 6:03 PM
Jun 2022
Bro really became a professional simp and threw his future with any woman away over 2 kisses

CGI looks bad too, at least it’s better looking than average though
SamtoJan 5, 6:06 PM
Jan 5, 6:32 PM

Feb 2023
bruh...I'm not sure how to feel about this...lol! Makima wasn't femdom enough for y'all?!?
Jan 5, 9:57 PM

Feb 2014
How's episode 1 different from the uncensored version? Besides the obvious "it is uncensored", what is uncensored?
Jan 5, 10:29 PM
Feb 2023
ok so this was good but the thing is that those demon things looked to me like hollows from bleach like the smaller version of menos grande......well overall experience was pretty good and i had like to follow his story....and i will give it a 4 rating.....it was good should gie it a try
Jan 5, 10:51 PM

Jan 2018
Ladies and gentlemen. I gave you.... the power of slavery!
Jan 5, 11:12 PM
Mar 2023
Luigi11Ism said:
Episode 1 was not what i expected. Author is planning to showcase how he can make every dude simp for at least one of the girls.

Can we talk about the ending and that certified waifu? WHO IS SHE? WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING?? HOLY FUCK.

Just wait for Tenka, you won't be disappointed.
Jan 5, 11:48 PM
Jan 2024
"All men are beta simps who lost against onlyfans copium which gives only power to woman" the anime.
My thoughts as anime only first: its a type borderline misandry story that attracts submissive men readers and wouldn't be working if it wasn't for "power to only females" and "automatic ecchi reward" for the fan service. (Just a kiss is conveniently low for killing a lot of monster and saving 3 lives btw haha you already see the problem if you are smart) I can already see the dynamic that he's gonna keep being treated like trash but somehow save girls in every clutch times and be coveted by every girl around while falling into countless ecchi situations. But hey I know its fictionnal and you gotta turn off some parts of your brain regarding the story and fan service while enjoying the action and relationships.

Now my thoughts as manga reader (minor spoilers ahead, just the gist of the story):
So I wasn't sure I would continue to watch it as I'm watching many series (18) per season and have to make a choice so I went and binged quickly until chapter 84 ish yestderday so its very fresh in my mind. Then had to stop.

My verdict is that its not as good and engaging as people are make it up to be nor not as hype as ppl think it is and the ecchi scenes are just whatever. its faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being "peak".

I had no idea about it and since I'm a fan of Akame ga kill, Esdeath is my favorite female manga character ever so before ep 1 I was expecting something great from the author like good characters, an interesting plot, problematic enemies, good fights, lots of threats to society, characters overcoming difficulties and going through hardship, lot of deaths around the mc etc mixed with femdom actions towards the mc but after ep1 and going to read the manga this is legit the dynamic that I predicted which is "Men and the mc are treated like trash (for 5sec) but somehow he save girls in every clutch times and/or he's coveted by every single one-note girl around while falling into countless ecchi/soft lewd situations that benefits him."

So I decided I will stop watching (and reading). If you want cute but simple ecchi action story its nice, if you are expecting more to the story or to have even good humor or really interesting action or overcoming difficulties or character development you will be extremely disappointed and mistaken. (Tho I managed to like and root for Shushu a bit lol).
And also they NEVER NEVER NEVER "tackle for real the gender inequality topic, gender roles etc nor dig into these themes in an interesting and complex way."

I expect smart people who expected more or something similar to Akame ga kill to realize they have been lied to around episode 4 I guess. Please do not expect anything Akame like other than the fights, plzz forget the deaths and dark tone etc. every threat/monster is fodder & useless unless its a hot girl who's gonna ALWAYS join his harem in any possible way even defeat still maake a girl/enemy join the harem. Tho people who are just here for the erotica scenes and a generic ecchi harem will be satisfied. People expecting femdom toward the mc or bdsm etc will get nothing.

Its not very bad tho, its just mid at best but not worth my time, I'm glad I decided to read ahead quickly to make my decision.
I expect most of you to comeback to my post and quote me saying "Fuck, he warned us".
Kyrrua_Jan 6, 1:54 AM
Jan 6, 12:07 AM

Sep 2021
I wonder what kind of rewards he'll be getting next xD
Jan 6, 12:15 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Pezguy97
Luigi11Ism said:
Episode 1 was not what i expected. Author is planning to showcase how he can make every dude simp for at least one of the girls.

Can we talk about the ending and that certified waifu? WHO IS SHE? WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING?? HOLY FUCK.

Just wait for Tenka, you won't be disappointed.
@Pezguy97
Kyrrua_Jan 6, 12:25 AM
Jan 6, 12:18 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Thought maybe the uncensored has something to offer but it literally the same as the censored version...

For an ecchi anime, maybe it isn't ecchi as it I thought it would. I felt mix vibes: Akame ga Kill + High School DxD = Mato Slave?
Fuwa_sanJan 6, 12:25 AM
Jan 6, 12:42 AM
Mar 2023
Fuwa_san said:
Thought maybe the uncensored has something to offer but it literally the same as the censored version...

For an ecchi anime, maybe it isn't ecchi as it I thought it would. I felt mix vibes: Akame ga Kill + High School DxD = Mato Slave?

If it follows the manga, and what you want is more ecchi, just give it another episode.
Jan 6, 4:50 AM
Oct 2020
It was alright. This is just a typical action+ecchi series. I have seen stuffs like this many times. I would actually enjoy it more if there is a comedy element like the "Gushing over magical girls" show aired this season.
Jan 6, 7:01 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
That was one hell of a first kiss, she almost sucked his soul out lmao. It reminds me a bit of Gleipnir.
Jan 6, 7:49 AM

Feb 2014
Not sure how to feel about it yet. I like the artstyle though.

Also, my dumb ass can't figure out what the difference(s) are between the censored and uncensored version. Would someone please enlighten me? lol
Jan 6, 8:25 AM
Sep 2021
Good start as well for this series & good episode I want to say only this for this episode "It should have been me not him".
Jan 6, 9:24 AM
Apr 2023
damn, many delicious armpit we've got here. Last year we've got Temple then 100-nin no Kanojo. and starting this year this anime as the ecchi crown. can't wait next episode
Jan 6, 9:31 AM
Jul 2022
Literally just a bootleg Dxd
Jan 6, 9:43 AM
Dec 2022
This is pretty interesting if it's in the Ecchi and Harem category haha. So in this world of Japan, girls have special powers while guys don't, and some of the girls work to fight off demons that appear in a sud-dimension, pretty cool!! Yuuki and Kyouka seem to already be a great combi, people who wish to get stronger in order to reach a high goal is something admirable! Kyouka's slave ability to give them a reward for their work sure was something, even if it's just automatic I wonder if this'll spark something between these two hahaha
Jan 6, 10:21 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to karrotStick
@dazedcowcow62 not sure but with what I gather from source readers it's comparable to high school DxD or maybe even beyond.
@karrotStick If they're gonna make it look like the manga... it will be like To Love Ru kind of lewd, the Darkness seasons where they went really extreme
Jan 6, 10:56 AM
Mar 2023
Hamon- said:
Not sure how to feel about it yet. I like the artstyle though.

Also, my dumb ass can't figure out what the difference(s) are between the censored and uncensored version. Would someone please enlighten me? lol

If you've just watched the first episode, then I don't think there is a difference.
Jan 6, 1:45 PM
Oct 2023
well what did i just watch lmao. but this anime seems really funny and entertaining. i am curious to see where the story will go.
Jan 6, 3:02 PM

Apr 2020
Sooooo.....MC is good at cleaning, sewing and houskeeping....oh...and he looses wrestling matches, with girls. Oh yeah....aaaand his superpower is getting enslaved by a hot female lead.

*Sigh* I mean....can't you just loose the extra steps and just go watch some sissy p*rn, at this point? xD
Ecchi is so in your face and pandering, these days. It's creepy.
Jan 6, 6:03 PM
May 2021
Have to watch it uncensored for an opinion.
Jan 6, 7:17 PM

Sep 2016
I can't believe this incel wish fulfillment series is sooooo popular.
it isn't even good as an ecchi series
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 6, 8:53 PM

Sep 2022
I have a great feeling that this anime is going to be real lewd and I'm also going to be real horny a little bit in the process.
Jan 6, 11:58 PM
Jan 2024
@Merve2Love @GangsterCat (and everyone else tbh) The truth of this series

I can bet with you 10 000 dollars right now with no hesitation thats what it is, because.... it simply truly is that.
Kyrrua_Jan 7, 12:28 AM
Jan 7, 12:44 AM

Aug 2011
Wow this is just like Akame ga kill I WONDER WHY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 7, 3:30 AM

Jun 2020
It was good ad I understand there is gonna be more ecchi in next episodes I just hope its not gonna ruin the action moments and fights. Other than that the girls characters seems basic but still good and I love their designs but I dont know why I really hate the design of the MC maybe its he’s hair but I just cant he looks bad. But other than that solid action and interesting story for now
Jan 7, 6:38 AM
Mar 2020
I have so many questions.... starting with real life men being "useless", that "slave ability" and ... "reward" part... I understand that Japan culture is different from European, but still so many questions.... about whoever wrote this and why wrote like this....
Jan 7, 7:16 AM
Jan 2018
This is an absolute abomination, calling this an "animation" is a travesty. I've seen fan made hentai games done by a single person that had better quality than this.

Horrible 2D with out of proportion characters? Yup

Horrible 3D with generic models and appalling animation? Yup

Just for a good measure they have also added 2D scenes made with 3D cell-shaded models (or at least that's what this looks like). If anyone is familiar with Koikatu games - that's the quality level of the models if not worse at times.

The choice of VAs is also questionable, to me personally it's almost entirely missed.

My wholehearted recommendation is to skip this anime entirely and just re-read the manga...
Jan 7, 10:28 AM
May 2015
Well the CGI of the main character is some of the worst looking CGI I have ever seen. I don't really expect it to get better, so I hope theres just not a lot of combat lol.
Jan 7, 3:52 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Raarz
Well the CGI of the main character is some of the worst looking CGI I have ever seen. I don't really expect it to get better, so I hope theres just not a lot of combat lol.
@Raarz I hate to break it to you, but this manga is a battle shonen

Jan 7, 7:41 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A fun and sexy first episode! I started reading the manga around a year or so ago but didn't get very far, so I knew the basic premise and characters. The animation had some good moments, and I appreciate the stylistic approach they're going with the CG which helps make it look like less of an eye sore. They added variable thickness in the lines and that pencil/sketchy look to shadows making the models look more 2D.

That kiss was something else though. I think it may have been censored in the middle there, but it was sexy regardless. Can't wait to see more of this one.
Jan 8, 12:09 AM

Mar 2013
A world where men are nothing but peasants and women are overpowered since birth. Uh, okay...

Wait, the reward is too lewd... 😳
Another weird series in action.
CrazyButNot4UJan 8, 12:19 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 8, 5:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dude's job really is to have a chick in thigh highs ride him hard

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 8, 2:16 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to Kyrrua_
"All men are beta simps who lost against onlyfans copium which gives only power to woman" the anime.
My thoughts as anime only first: its a type borderline misandry story that attracts submissive men readers and wouldn't be working if it wasn't for "power to only females" and "automatic ecchi reward" for the fan service. (Just a kiss is conveniently low for killing a lot of monster and saving 3 lives btw haha you already see the problem if you are smart) I can already see the dynamic that he's gonna keep being treated like trash but somehow save girls in every clutch times and be coveted by every girl around while falling into countless ecchi situations. But hey I know its fictionnal and you gotta turn off some parts of your brain regarding the story and fan service while enjoying the action and relationships.

Now my thoughts as manga reader (minor spoilers ahead, just the gist of the story):
So I wasn't sure I would continue to watch it as I'm watching many series (18) per season and have to make a choice so I went and binged quickly until chapter 84 ish yestderday so its very fresh in my mind. Then had to stop.

My verdict is that its not as good and engaging as people are make it up to be nor not as hype as ppl think it is and the ecchi scenes are just whatever. its faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being "peak".

I had no idea about it and since I'm a fan of Akame ga kill, Esdeath is my favorite female manga character ever so before ep 1 I was expecting something great from the author like good characters, an interesting plot, problematic enemies, good fights, lots of threats to society, characters overcoming difficulties and going through hardship, lot of deaths around the mc etc mixed with femdom actions towards the mc but after ep1 and going to read the manga this is legit the dynamic that I predicted which is "Men and the mc are treated like trash (for 5sec) but somehow he save girls in every clutch times and/or he's coveted by every single one-note girl around while falling into countless ecchi/soft lewd situations that benefits him."

So I decided I will stop watching (and reading). If you want cute but simple ecchi action story its nice, if you are expecting more to the story or to have even good humor or really interesting action or overcoming difficulties or character development you will be extremely disappointed and mistaken. (Tho I managed to like and root for Shushu a bit lol).
And also they NEVER NEVER NEVER "tackle for real the gender inequality topic, gender roles etc nor dig into these themes in an interesting and complex way."

I expect smart people who expected more or something similar to Akame ga kill to realize they have been lied to around episode 4 I guess. Please do not expect anything Akame like other than the fights, plzz forget the deaths and dark tone etc. every threat/monster is fodder & useless unless its a hot girl who's gonna ALWAYS join his harem in any possible way even defeat still maake a girl/enemy join the harem. Tho people who are just here for the erotica scenes and a generic ecchi harem will be satisfied. People expecting femdom toward the mc or bdsm etc will get nothing.

Its not very bad tho, its just mid at best but not worth my time, I'm glad I decided to read ahead quickly to make my decision.
I expect most of you to comeback to my post and quote me saying "Fuck, he warned us".
@Kyrrua_

God damn!!

Thanks for saving me 2x half an hour in the next two weeks until the 3ep rule would surely kick in.
Jan 8, 5:03 PM

Sep 2023
I guess we need to wait until next week to really see if the plot is really good with this one. See you next week.
Jan 8, 7:59 PM

Oct 2009
Well, that gives a whole new meaning to a Powerslave.
Jan 8, 9:51 PM

Dec 2016
Loser male lead becomes the caretaker of a Ryokan exclusively for women?

This is Love Hina all over again but with monsters and slave fetish.
Jan 8, 9:55 PM
Oct 2019
Guys, i think it's cool to be Slave now.

We are going beyond the Power of Friendship and Family now. LMAO
It's the Power of Slave.
davidyodo24Jan 8, 9:59 PM
Jan 8, 10:29 PM
Jun 2015
I didn't realize this came from the writer of Akame Ga Kill. This was a good 1st episode, I love all the characters in it so far. It seems interesting and fun. I love Kyouka's design, Yuuki is a likeable main character too. I can't wait for more.
Jan 9, 1:15 AM
Dec 2022
idk what i just watched but ok?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

102 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Jun 7, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7

55 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Jun 6, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Wait for the Blu-Rays?

mechian - Feb 25

16 by Nucleus69 »»
May 31, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15

69 by eskrimpanas »»
May 29, 10:10 PM

» Marketing Scheme

DarkHomieC - Feb 1

38 by SharonCollins »»
May 28, 1:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.