Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2023 10:14 PM

Jan 2021
It definitely feels rushed in this episode, and Noticeable Animation quality drop, they do seem to get the fight scenes animation quality good but everything else seems off, like faces especially, it seems they are in still frames when the rest of the body is moving and it looks alien.

I can see why this part is being rushed though, since the start of the anime it has operated at a 4 episodes per volume pace, issue is Volume 7(the start of this season) has lots of time skips and notable events so it's much harder to fit it all in at the same time frame as other volumes, judging by the fact this season is 2 episodes longer it does seem the pace will slow down in Volume 12 which is much more important.

Volume 7 while important for his character development involves quite a few characters that are very much background to the story so I can see why it seems to have lower priority, I think the start of this season already confirms to me that Volume 7 should have been covered as a Movie, it would of done it justice better.
Jul 16, 2023 10:43 PM

May 2015
I always cry at the end of every episode, shit's too good
Jul 16, 2023 11:31 PM
Oct 2022
trashy art style, awkwardly done distorted faces
Jul 16, 2023 11:44 PM

Jul 2021
rudues looking good with his new built body. he looks taller too. he's still just 12 or 13, right?

i like how he doesn't let that talk from sol affect him that much and understands his thoughts and feelings and does what he can to feel better.

sara's attitude change was expected but too sudden lol. i guess we will see their friendship from now on. i want to know how much older she is than rudy. and we might never find out what the words she was mouthing there. feels like she was saying "sukidayo" but that's highly unlikely.

and what was the leg thing? am i missing somrthing? rudy kept asking if there was something wrong with her legs.

good episode overall.
TsutanaiFuunJul 17, 2023 12:13 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 16, 2023 11:47 PM
Dec 2021
timing was reasonable for it being an anime overall amazing
Jul 16, 2023 11:48 PM

Oct 2020
Neat episode. I do enjoy a rescue mission focused episode. It’s cool to see Sara get some character progression and watching her develop some feelings for Rudeus was sweet.

I get wanting Rudeus to be a flawed main character but I don’t know, once again setting him back to being all depressed despite it being months following his arrival feels stale to me. Maybe next week a more happy Rudeus will be about, ‘cuz I’m getting sick of this current status quo.
Jul 17, 2023 12:29 AM

Sep 2018
Those panties really be ruining my immersion with this season lol
Jul 17, 2023 2:03 AM

Feb 2021
Rudeus didn't take the opportunity on the cave :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 17, 2023 2:12 AM
Nov 2018
Man 2 episodes and we caught up to the manga. Feee.s a bit rushed honestly. I don’t care about sara@;$ co yet. 

Manga was better. I feel like I got told not shown. 

Man the manga was dramatically better. 
Kisai113Jul 17, 2023 2:20 AM
Jul 17, 2023 2:25 AM

Jun 2021
I wonder if next episode they will show mimirs grave or something otherwise felt kind of weird for rudeus to just leave his remains in his backpack lol wicked episode!! Can't wait for the next one
Jul 17, 2023 2:29 AM
Jan 2020
Onimai really drained Bind's budget
Jul 17, 2023 3:04 AM

Jan 2018
Guess there's a lot of new LN readers between Season 1 and Season 2. I mean, you guys are complaining about the pacing now, seriously? Season 1 of Mushoku Tensei didn't even say what was the distance between Demon and Central Continents or show a decent map to give people an idea. TLDR, the anime was always rushed, I don't know what the hell you were expecting...

Overall was a great episode to me. I'm not noticing any issues with the animation, action scenes were great as always and the stuff they cut is not really important. (Why is his nickname Quagmire? Boohoo... people watching the anime don't even know what Quagmire is, because Rudeus never says spell names! Stop making such a fuss over minor stuff). They literally cut the opening and ending sequences to put more content! I really don't see how they are "cutting corners" or how this is just a "regular trash Isekai".
giovgiacJul 17, 2023 3:15 AM
Jul 17, 2023 3:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's sad for Mimir but at least he could save Sara, the episode ended better than I thought
Jul 17, 2023 3:44 AM

Apr 2015
It's good to know that should a cute girl find you creepy and kind of annoying, you can always save their life with some convenient mortal danger to turn that around. 

Don't worry, the non-character of Mimir died in Sara's place. Not that anyone gave a fuck about him.
Jul 17, 2023 4:04 AM

May 2015
I maybe have found more despicable than Eris... (that goddamn Zor)
Jul 17, 2023 4:33 AM

Aug 2022
Bro's praying to panties 💀
Jul 17, 2023 5:14 AM

Oct 2008
perfect example of a realistic isekai, you're not too strong, you're not too weak, you know your limits.
5/5.

Jul 17, 2023 6:14 AM
May 2021
Drusix said:
Boring. Nothing is happening and I really don't care about this party group.
Agreed, the first and second episodes have been weak so far. Drop in animation quality and direction
Jul 17, 2023 6:17 AM
Jun 2023
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Those panties really be ruining my immersion with this season lol
it ruins nothing it's an isekai trash
What did you expected
Jul 17, 2023 7:00 AM

May 2015
So which Anituber tweeted words "pacing, and director"? Seems all the tourists got the memo and can't parrot anything else
Jul 17, 2023 7:03 AM

Jul 2021
While the animation is unrefined and the pacing is sometimes jarring, the writing is a highlight. The use of Rudeus' inner and outer thoughts to explore the themes of trauma and healing is conventional but effective. I never really sympathized with Rudeus by the way he acts, but I can understand his motivations and see how he is trying to grow as a person.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 17, 2023 7:15 AM

Aug 2022
This mass hysteria showcased by the fandom is the result of the staff change anxiety rather than concrete evidence of a drop in quality.

There were plenty of distortions in art style and unpolished animation in the first season, which everyone seems to have forgotten and are now slandering this season due to the simple changes in direction.

Same thing with the pacing, everyone forgot how much criticism the anime received for rushing certain parts of the novel, more importantly the first time Rudeus wanted to have sex with Eris, but decided not to.

This wave of unjustified hate will pass, probably right after the first part of this season, since there's a high chance the staff of the first season will return then.
Jul 17, 2023 7:18 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Very enjoyable episode, I was so immersed on it that I was so surprised when Counter Arrow members told Rudeus that Sara and Mimir were dead, like I couldn't believe it myself it was so sudden.

RIP Mimir but at least Sara is safe, good thing she is warmed up to Rudeus now ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 17, 2023 8:17 AM

Jan 2021

giovgiac said:
Guess there's a lot of new LN readers between Season 1 and Season 2. I mean, you guys are complaining about the pacing now, seriously? Season 1 of Mushoku Tensei didn't even say what was the distance between Demon and Central Continents or show a decent map to give people an idea. TLDR, the anime was always rushed, I don't know what the hell you were expecting...

Overall was a great episode to me. I'm not noticing any issues with the animation, action scenes were great as always and the stuff they cut is not really important. (Why is his nickname Quagmire? Boohoo... people watching the anime don't even know what Quagmire is, because Rudeus never says spell names! Stop making such a fuss over minor stuff). They literally cut the opening and ending sequences to put more content! I really don't see how they are "cutting corners" or how this is just a "regular trash Isekai".
I think this volume alone has been rushed compared to others, not soo much the anime as a whole which I felt has been on a good pace, you can't adapt a Novel to an anime 1 to 1 it's not possible or it would take 4 to 5 seasons to get to where we are now and be bogged down with inner monologue which would be boring, but they usually do 4 episodes per volume and this is on pace for only 3 which has meant many scenes that could have added more meaning to for the anime only viewer are skipped.

Corners are definitely cut and I think it's a bit silly to deny that, the animation quality last season was insane, this has been a noticeable drop but I'm hoping it's just the early parts because I know later parts of the season were actually made first.

Anyone calling this trash Isekai doesn't know what they are talking about or is trolling, it's pretty clear this is another level entirely to 99.9% of Isekai.
Jul 17, 2023 9:22 AM
Apr 2022
For LN readers this episode was a disaster, but considering the viewpoint of anime only’s, I think it was ok.
Jul 17, 2023 10:21 AM

Jul 2015
I can see some resemblance to Season 1, but there are clear cost-cutting measures in this episode. The decision to not animate the fight in the second part of the episode is one of them.

billybub said:
So which Anituber tweeted words "pacing, and director"?  Seems all the tourists got the memo and can't parrot anything else

Except the anime community in Japan is also noticing. See http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/239733 
If you don't know japanese you can use google translator to understand more or less.
Jul 17, 2023 11:41 AM
Jan 2019
AdrianRubinsky said:
I can see some resemblance to Season 1, but there are clear cost-cutting measures in this episode. The decision to not animate the fight in the second part of the episode is one of them.

billybub said:
So which Anituber tweeted words "pacing, and director"?  Seems all the tourists got the memo and can't parrot anything else

Except the anime community in Japan is also noticing. See http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/239733 
If you don't know japanese you can use google translator to understand more or less.
anyone who uses the term "tourist" to insult people for criticizing a show they don't like isn't even worth responding to tbh. even pointing out the obvious facts (that the animation style and quality is subtly but noticeably different) is futile; i've never yet met someone who uses that term who's actually willing to engage in any good faith discussion on anything anime-related.
Jul 17, 2023 11:50 AM
Aug 2014
ChickenDan said:
Rudy gripping Roxy’s panties as a coping mechanism is the most embarrassing thing in all of anime
Definitely. And somehow I dared hope that he'd get rid of them too in first episode.
Jul 17, 2023 11:59 AM

Apr 2021
I’ve enjoyed these two episodes, although seeing Rudeus so different due to what happened is sad.

Anyone know what Sara whispered ti herself after thanking Rudeus for saving her?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 17, 2023 12:02 PM

Apr 2021
Suzeray87 said:
Still waiting for a plot…
Plot is showing Rudeus recover from having his heart broken
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 17, 2023 12:10 PM

Feb 2019
dogwater episode frfr
Jul 17, 2023 12:13 PM

Sep 2020
The scene where he make the blizzard go away just shows how powerful he is, and looks like he's leaving them and going on another adventure.
Jul 17, 2023 12:22 PM

May 2015
MagicRyuuko said:
AdrianRubinsky said:

anyone who uses the term "tourist" to insult people for criticizing a show they don't like isn't even worth responding to tbh. even pointing out the obvious facts (that the animation style and quality is subtly but noticeably different) is futile; i've never yet met someone who uses that term who's actually willing to engage in any good faith discussion on anything anime-related.

Says the person posting from an alt account.
Jul 17, 2023 12:41 PM
Jan 2019
billybub said:
MagicRyuuko said:

Says the person posting from an alt account.
me when i am a hit dog (i am currently hollering)
Jul 17, 2023 12:47 PM
May 2020
Good episode. Whipping out those panties at the end was gold
Jul 17, 2023 1:41 PM
Jul 2023
Wеll, well, Rudy and Sarah are starting to get along. Will I ever see Eris and Ruijerd again?
Jul 17, 2023 2:21 PM

Nov 2016
What was this episode supposed to be? Everything felt super random? The start shows nothing other than the quality drop, and Rudeus doing random things, a new character is introduced out of nowhere, he is the best of the guild out of nowhere, Rudeus is being pessimistic about the party he has been doing jobs with for months out of nowhere, the same guy that gets introduced in this episode starts talking nonsense out of nowhere. The last scene was fne, but there was no build up, everything felt super random.

edit: The training was also super random, why would he even do that, why would the writer make him do that, if he is going to be with a coat the rest of the anime, and when he doesn't, there isn't a difference anyway.
AlvaritoterreosJul 17, 2023 2:26 PM
Jul 17, 2023 4:03 PM

Dec 2007
I wonder if this will be a really slow season like Vinland Sage S2.
Jul 17, 2023 4:08 PM
Jun 2019
RoTkRylas said:
Is no one seeing that the new episodes are getting cut too short compared to th light novel and manga adaptation,I mean it's getting butchered.

I mean in the manga the battle with the tree is hard af for rudeus to fight alone ,but now he just swoop in and yank sara out in 10 seconds.

Total disappointment imo 
didn#t read the LN but the episode felt off. also the movements were kinda janky
Jul 17, 2023 4:36 PM

Mar 2007
Some people have comfort blankets or stuffed toys, Rudeus has his pair of comfort Roxy panties. Such a degenerate despite his polite exterior.

This is how you do world building and character development.

Jul 17, 2023 5:56 PM

Oct 2022
Rudeus is having rough go of it even when things seem to be getting better. That facade must be exhausting to keep up. Grief doesn't have some set process or norm.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jul 17, 2023 7:24 PM
Nov 2021
The best anime there is!!!
Jul 17, 2023 8:02 PM

Dec 2020
LORD HELP US THERE'S TOO MUCH PEAK
Jul 17, 2023 10:17 PM

Nov 2009
Was not bad, but also not really good. I was just one of the episodes ever made. If felt a little rushed but at the same time going nowhere, and honestly it lacked emotion somehow, maybe because there was no time to build it. Anyway, this gave me a bit of "Hai to Gensou no Grimgar" feelings for some reason; things are happening but it didn't feel like things are going anywhere. (Although Grimgar had spetacular art) Poor Mimir, we hardly knew the dude.
Jul 17, 2023 10:35 PM

Jul 2023
The proportion of Rudeus' head and his shoulders while flexing his muscles threw me off big time, then about ten seconds later his build returned to normal under his cape, what the hell...
Jul 17, 2023 11:17 PM
Oct 2019
Damn my boy working out.

I learn a new word today "Quagmire", Thanks Mushoku Tensei.
Jul 17, 2023 11:21 PM
Jan 2022
Didn't really forward the story, but it was very cool to see Rudues's thoughts on everything
Jul 17, 2023 11:54 PM

Oct 2021
I've read the manga back then while waiting for season 2 and I don't remember seeing this arc, did they skipped it in the manga or is this  a filler episode?
Exiz79Jul 24, 2023 6:10 AM
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Jul 17, 2023 11:55 PM

Oct 2021
But as always, every episode feels like a roller coaster of emotions
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Jul 18, 2023 12:30 AM

Apr 2023
+1 for Rudeus's harem, little tsundere Sara has a crush on him😍 
...maybe +2, that Sol apparently had been paying attention to Rudeus for several days too 🤔😅
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.