Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2023 11:37 PM
May 2023
really great episode
mem's age surprised me
Jun 15, 2023 12:04 AM

Apr 2023
As a westerner, I have a hard time saying that an Asian woman isn't 18 until she turns 50 lol, so I see that MEMcho is just taking a good advantage of her genetic resource lol...

I feel sad that Kana-chan is heartbroken by Aqua, her being a tantrum and arrogant child made her growth path more difficult, and she must have gone through hard times to be able to improve her personality, becoming much more criticism about the quality of her work, be it acting or singing, and this still influences her to be insecure about handing over all her skills to B-Komachi and to confess her feelings to Aqua.

I have a white envy of Aqua, he knows how to surround himself with only the best girlsโœจ
Shaka-bunJun 15, 2023 7:32 PM
Jun 15, 2023 12:19 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Wholesome ep.

Ai fell in love at the theatre ey. Interesting.
Jun 15, 2023 12:26 AM
Dec 2021
Embient said:
Mem-cho's mom ftw. It's so nice to see good parent-child relationships in anime.
"Baking Soda" is written on Kana's shirt LMAO
She's really stylish though, she's been changing outfits her every appearance (besides at school) I think. And they're really good.
DAMN Kana's singing is good! Gotta give credit to her VA too.
I reeeally hope they clear up to Kana that Aqua isn't actually dating Akane soon... It's gonna improve B-komachi's situation too
I'm really torn between Kana and Akane. Guess there are 2 best girls now.
This episode was like 30 seconds wtf

The actor behind her is the same as Gon
Jun 15, 2023 12:33 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Guys, it is really this hard for idols in japan? Are they like superstars and do they like to be an idol? I don't know, i don't understand the hype to be an idol.
Episode was good as always, i like the new group member and the chemistry between them.
Only 2 episodes left tho:/
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 15, 2023 12:34 AM

Jun 2021
they put kana's MV ahhhhh awesome
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Jun 15, 2023 12:35 AM
Apr 2023
it was a nice little episode that kabustrogi think was a downfall for me i was expecting a little more i mean he made aqua take part in his show and earned money and he gave him a name of a theatre company c'mon bro.
rest i think kana should have a little faith in herself she is perfect.She should know that aqua girlfriend think is just an act.
Jun 15, 2023 12:43 AM
Sep 2015
lmfao Kana's practice shirt has 'Baking Soda' on it
Jun 15, 2023 12:56 AM

Aug 2009
CorayyAnime said:
Guys, it is really this hard for idols in japan? Are they like superstars and do they like to be an idol? I don't know, i don't understand the hype to be an idol.
Episode was good as always, i like the new group member and the chemistry between them.
Only 2 episodes left tho:/
Two words can describe being an idol in Japan. HIGHLY TOXIC.  The big idols are like superstars yes. Sub culture in Japan treats anything media related like that. Take VAs for example and how different the treatment is compared to western VAs.

Dont worry, many of us dont get why someone would want to be an idol.
Jun 15, 2023 1:25 AM
Dec 2018
The MV of Kana was beautifully done
Jun 15, 2023 1:36 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Loved this episode. I felt a strong connection with MEMcho since reading the manga, and now, after this anime episode, she's still my favorite character.

Been there too - age limits for everything: job offers, scholarships, research posts, contests, you name it... I love how MEMcho pursuits her idol career without caring about her age. Ganbare, MEMcho!!
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 15, 2023 1:54 AM
Jun 2022
Ricky16 said:
Man!!! Kana-chan's full moon song is fantastic.
I feel sad for kana-chan.
Mem-Cho She's!!!

Aqua-kun really using girls as tool like Ayonokoji.
i think we're now close to the truth of Ai-San.
Ricky16 said:

Well , I still don't think he is JUST using them , I mean he care about all of them both as a friend and an adult , like his sister complex for Ruby , he saved Akane and sacrificed his sleep for making video for akane so that people'd love her and when akane imitated AI , he realised after thinking deeply that atleast he has a feeling of admiring her acting skills , and he genuinely is concerned about Kana's feelings for him , like why she is upset with him.

I'm feeling excited now to know about AI's love more and more , but then I thought the manga is pretty long so it'd be weird if we're shown AI's culprit just in the 1st season
Jun 15, 2023 2:10 AM
Aug 2022
satyamkumar4005 said:
Ricky16 said:
Man!!! Kana-chan's full moon song is fantastic.
I feel sad for kana-chan.
Mem-Cho She's!!!

Ricky16 said:

Well , I still don't think he is JUST using them , I mean he care about all of them both as a friend and an adult , like his sister complex for Ruby , he saved Akane and sacrificed his sleep for making video for akane so that people'd love her and when akane imitated AI , he realised after thinking deeply that atleast he has a feeling of admiring her acting skills , and he genuinely is concerned about Kana's feelings for him , like why she is upset with him.

I'm feeling excited now to know about AI's love more and more , but then I thought the manga is pretty long so it'd be weird if we're shown AI's culprit just in the 1st season

well agreed man!!
Jun 15, 2023 2:18 AM
Nov 2021
Banger Episode
Arima Best girl
TacituskilgorJun 15, 2023 2:22 AM
Jun 15, 2023 2:23 AM
Nov 2020
what manga chapters does this adapt?
Jun 15, 2023 2:27 AM
Nov 2021
konplayz said:

Chapters 32,33,34
Jun 15, 2023 2:29 AM
Nov 2020
Tacituskilgor said:
konplayz said:

Chapters 32,33,34

Thank you very much
Jun 15, 2023 2:30 AM
Jun 2022
Ricky16 said:
satyamkumar4005 said:

well agreed man!!

Bruh , I wrote two whole paragraphs and you wrapped it up just 3 words , talk about being lazy ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘
Jun 15, 2023 2:33 AM
Aug 2022
satyamkumar4005 said:
Ricky16 said:

well agreed man!!

Bruh , I wrote two whole paragraphs and you wrapped it up just 3 words , talk about being lazy ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘

Yeah I'm watching anime ๐Ÿ˜‚ so I just read the paragraphs & wrapped it into 3 words.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†
Jun 15, 2023 3:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009

Progress. Some more clues coming Aqua's way. And it turns out Kana can sing pretty well too.

Personally I think this series is at it's best when it shows the less glamorous side of the entertainment industry. Only accepting 12-20 year olds for idol auditions is another example of this. At least our unconventional agency had the space to open up to an "old woman" like Mem-sho.

I know that she's an absolute fan favourite, but I tire a bit of Kana's dramatics when it comes to Aqua. I hope that she either tones it down just a notch or that the romance is dialed down a bit. Because IMO, it's not really that relevant to bigger story.

Shiranui san being interested in me would totally make my heart race. Bishoujo and restrained.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 15, 2023 3:40 AM

Feb 2018
Sheesh we got a little nice sing song at the end. Kana really going to karaoke solo and getting that insane score too lmao.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jun 15, 2023 4:18 AM
Mar 2020
this whole thing with arima is kinda interesting ngl....loving it so far
Jun 15, 2023 5:51 AM
Apr 2021
Well we finally got Memcho’s age reveal and Mayuki’s reaction was hilarious๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’€

And I CANNOT believe we got a music video bc in the manga there wasn’t anything like that so to see Kana sing her song and know why she’s a got a 97 makes much more sense now + the animation was FIREEEEE๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ

Memcho is such a real one man she honestly deserves to become an idol idc that’s she’s 25 I’m fine and don’t care if she portrays as a 18 year old to fulfill her dreams I’ll support her๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿฅน
Jun 15, 2023 6:03 AM

Jun 2016
2 episode left !!!  what a bad news we had !! !

this masterpiece should given 24 episodes !!!

damn yoo !!
Jun 15, 2023 6:10 AM
Feb 2022
when are we gonna get back to the revenge plot? the only reason i'm even still sticking around is bc the season is almost done, i just couldn't care about the other characters, it makes the show a chore to sit through
Jun 15, 2023 7:12 AM
Nov 2022
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Jun 15, 2023 8:33 AM
Nov 2016
Stupid decision not to use Kana's video as the ED
Jun 15, 2023 9:50 AM
May 2021
Shaka-bun said:
As a westerner, I have a hard time saying that an Asian woman isn't 18 until she turns 50, so I see that MEM-chan is just taking a good advantage of her genetic resource lol...
That... is not a great take. But let's put that aside. Mem-chan isn't just getting away with this because she is Asian, she is also getting away with this with other Asians. But then I think half of the con game is how you present yourself. As an aside, there have also been a few cases of adult women in the US who have posed as high school girls in an attempt to do over their high school years, or something, and have gotten away with it for a time as well.
Jun 15, 2023 10:32 AM
Apr 2018
A nice great light episode for a change especially with the heavy stuff we had in the previous epsiodes. 
Memchos age is finally revealed and its quite a surprise. But at the end its understandable as to why she did it, surviving in the entertainment industry and on social platforms. My love and respect grows more for memcho after seeing her backstory, hardworking from a young age for her loving family and sacrificing her dreams for it even though her mom was supportive of it, very wholesome. Finally she got her break and she deserves it more than anyone. Shes become one of my personal favorites. Also loved the fact Kana and Ruby welcomed her with open loving arms, supporting her. Especially Kana who told aqua she doesnt need to be told to take care of ruby and memcho, shes definitely taking on the caretaker and older sister role in the group. 
Then we have a short talk at school, ruby has understood the reason why aqua was captivated by akane at first and thinks thats the reason of him being in a relationship now cause of ai. Frill is funny af with her humor and i loved her takes on the love now series. Also aqua is pretty popular now at school with the girl, rizz factor has gone up.
Speaking of girls who like him, things are still awkward between kana and aqua, shes really pure that she just openly shows her feelings and her sharp tongue doesnt help with it and its almost hurting aqua too, even though hes trying to be supportive of her. Hope they sort it out and aqua tells her the truth about the "relationship", just feel bad to see them like this after their time together in the series.
The director has kept his promise and gave aqua info, it seems ai met the father in the same theatre group the director and akane are part of and ai changed a lot after that, became more womanly. He must be really the top notch casanova and manipulator to have ai on the ropes like that tbh. Also director see's the talent in aqua, kana and memcho and kinda happy seeing b-komachi revived as someone who was linked with it personally and investor too. 
Moving on to B - Komachi girls are finally working on building up the idol group, really working hard and practicing the old songs of the group, even arguing whos gonna be the centre. I had a feeling whos it gonna be and wasnt let down. But Kana is really harsh on herself, she knows her flaws and limitations, but doesnt acknowledge her strong points either, her journey has been really rough in the entertainment industry and shes well experienced as well. She needs to have more self confidence and show it more, cause shes so amazing & talented as both an actor and a singer. The surprise music video threw me off, Doga kobo did a phenomenal job with it & as i said before the amount of budget with kanas design and animations are off the charts, like mesmerizing. 

Just loved how they portray Kana, its like shes a light in this dark world. (might be foreshadowing as welll) 

Also the Karaoke scores at the end just further proves, 97 i was like :o 
Kana mvp for this epsiode for sure. Hope to see her grow more in this arc with the future episodes along with Ruby and memcho in the idol group.

Cant wait for next episode. :3
Jun 15, 2023 11:23 AM
Aug 2022
very good episode, like usually
Jun 15, 2023 2:12 PM
Apr 2023
i hate aqua . and i hate aqua too
Jun 15, 2023 2:32 PM
Sep 2020
epicardiano es salesiano
Jun 15, 2023 3:08 PM
Apr 2021
I was reading the manga when this show came out and I think this was the part I left off on ๐Ÿ’€ now I have no idea what’s gonna happen next
Jun 15, 2023 3:14 PM
Dec 2017
B Komachi revival
Here we go, this episode is funny.
Aqua is going deeper and deeper about the past of his mom.
Damn Kana is goated, has a good singing skill
Jun 15, 2023 4:12 PM

Dec 2022
Oof, only two more episodes! I'm still way too into it for it to be over.
Jun 15, 2023 6:39 PM

Oct 2021
Yabai_desuOwO said:
I was reading the manga when this show came out and I think this was the part I left off on ๐Ÿ’€ now I have no idea what’s gonna happen next

I am sooo envious. If I could go back in time, I would have told myself not to read the manga up to the latest chapters. Anime-onlies are sooo lucky to experience Oshi no Ko for the first time in anime format. ๐Ÿ˜ญ You get the music and voice acting on top of the animation and story telling. Episode 9 is a good examples: it's the icing on the strawberry shortcake ๐Ÿฐ.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jun 15, 2023 6:41 PM

Oct 2021
Fmapkmn said:
B Komachi revival
Here we go, this episode is funny.
Aqua is going deeper and deeper about the past of his mom.
Damn Kana is goated, has a good singing skill

I was so shocked about that and what Kaburagi said made me even curiouser. I can't wait for Aqua to dig deeper and find out more truths about Ai. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Marianne

Jun 15, 2023 6:42 PM

Oct 2021
yakisobaman said:
Oof, only two more episodes! I'm still way too into it for it to be over.

I don't want it to be over so soon. To compensate for the end of Season 1. I will just have to rewatch the 11 episodes again from start to finish non-stop. It's sooooo good. This show is a blessing and a candy feast for our eyes. ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ

Marianne

Jun 15, 2023 7:44 PM

Jun 2022
Kana is no longer "the genius child actor that licks baking soda", but now she has become "the genius child actor that loves bell peppers"
Jun 15, 2023 7:53 PM

Oct 2021
cvbnm07 said:
Kana is no longer "the genius child actor that licks baking soda", but now she has become "the genius child actor that loves bell peppers"
LOL! Good one. But, we must remember, it's thanks to her Bell Pepper exercises that she sang beautifully in "Full Moon". :)

Marianne

Jun 15, 2023 8:48 PM

Oct 2013
I feel like I am watching this and still be on episode 1, nothing really happen and you still dont get really any information, it is frustating me
Jun 15, 2023 8:52 PM
Nov 2018
Arima is such an awesome character, she has a lot of depth so far and it's entertaining to watch it unfold.  The Opening scene with new B Komachi makes more sense now.
Jun 15, 2023 9:15 PM
Oct 2017
The episodes for this show always feel way to fast lol
Jun 15, 2023 9:29 PM

Aug 2008
cvbnm07 said:
Too funny!

I was pretty triggered when they said that 25 years old is too old (I'm 33)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 15, 2023 9:30 PM
Aug 2017
yippeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jun 15, 2023 9:35 PM
May 2017
Ngl I don't give a rats ass about the new b-komachi subplot, I just want to see Aqua uncover the mystery. Unless that some way, some how those two plots intertwine. Plot twist if ruby finds their dad first. 
Jun 15, 2023 9:41 PM
May 2023
best song arima kana chan
Jun 15, 2023 9:52 PM

Sep 2018
Spideyy_x said:
i hate aqua . and i hate aqua too
ok kana

In other news: I'M FINALLY YOUNGER THAN AN ANIME IDOL! SAIDO CHESTO!!!
Jun 15, 2023 11:21 PM
May 2023
Great episode as expected from this anime.
Jun 16, 2023 12:33 AM
May 2022
story is mid without Ai and too slow after episode 1 aware
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular?

Mattenan - Yesterday

47 by Kaze1214 »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.