Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2023 4:00 PM

Jul 2009
What an episode. After the majority of the eps this season being very light on violence, it's nice to see them go all out in this. The after credits scene aside, all those uncensored headshots unexpected. I'm curious what Miorine and Suletta's relationship will be like at the start of the next season, especially after just having that touching moment in episode 11. Either way everyone needs to go see a therapist, which won't happen. 10/10 ep.

Edit: Compare this show's big squish to the one from the Doan's Island movie, where Amuro at least shows some regret in having to crush a person. Our dear Suletta is off the crazy charts.
PJSmoothJan 8, 2023 4:08 PM
Jan 8, 2023 4:24 PM
Jan 2012
Finally we're diving full-on in Gundam tropes, with the bodycount, the (a bit stupid) drama, and all the political crap around.

This one made me wait, honestly (well less than ZZ but ZZ was utterly stupid from beginning to end)
Episode wasn't really that shocking when you know the franchise, with a tone shift that was expected since a few episodes ago, episode itself is full of pure Gundam shit, with easy drama (with a situation with Guel that's straight out of Zeta Gundam but a bit too easy in my eyes, there's no real build-up to that, it's a bit too gratuitous, same for the cliff at the very end.)

I'm not really shocked by the last scene either, it's been already WELL established that Suletta is a character with heavy communication issues, we even saw her freaking out earlier when her mom killed a few bad guys, so here it's kind of obvious that she acted like her usual self to try to reassure and calm Thighsorine down (well it didn't work but still), so it's not even an OOC behavior here, it'll probably just go to Miorine behaving a bit like a bitch and then the two rekindling their relationship after talking for a bit.
ZccdccccJan 8, 2023 4:29 PM
Jan 8, 2023 4:34 PM

Apr 2012
This was the first good episode since the epilogue episode. Why the fuck did it take an entire season to get here?!

We're now at the starting line from where an interesting story can begin - hopefully.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Jan 8, 2023 4:42 PM
Apr 2022
wow what a ending for the first cour
Jan 8, 2023 4:45 PM

Dec 2015
For the people hating Miorine, think for a little time about the context.
The problem isn't kill the enemy, but the real problem is how Suletta was doing this, she killed, jump in the blood and give a fck about it, with a fucking smile, this isn't normal, maybe this is his problem with the Gundam curse, something was changed in her mind and only her mother know about, because she made it only because his mother discurse.
Now joke : 

O que significa sonhar com barata? Viva, morta, grande, voadora e mais |  Guia Animal
Jan 8, 2023 4:57 PM
Mar 2019
That is how you swat a Fly, Murder!! Nah!! Revenge. Bloody handshake too.
Up and down Season, Good last episode though.
Jan 8, 2023 5:24 PM
Nov 2019
I’m glad that i watched 11 episodes of this shitty school thing with duels just to see how 12 episode changes whole story into some serious shit. I think 12 ep wouldn’t be that interesting if the rest of episodes weren’t like there were. Everything adds up nicely.
Jan 8, 2023 5:36 PM

Jan 2011
that sure was gundam i didnt expect it would be this fucked for the first cour on so many levels Guel killing his own father was up there, then the post credits of all things was horrfiying 

love how some people are like why is she being so ungrateful she got saved while the line of calling her a murderer is not wrong but wack it 100% makes sense that she would be terrified that her friend just came in and swatted a person in front her like a bug and thought nothing of it  clearly     Miorine shouldve been used to war and the violence it brings and its totally not like  Suletta  has been shown to be abnormal around her mom almost like shes been brainwashed.

my fears were confirmed but now we gotta wait till april  fun times are over

all i hope is that it keeps up and doesnt go downhill 
Jan 8, 2023 5:49 PM

Jun 2016
i am not Okay, this last episode hit so hard.
Jan 8, 2023 5:56 PM
Mar 2020
Jesus, post ed scene was crazy. You wouldn't expect someone like Suletta to murder someone like that so easily without remorse either. This scene I feel gives significant in site in how much she trusts her "mother" who easily convinced her that killing with a purpose is fine. Like she was shivering at the fact that she was surrounded by dead bodies a few minutes ago, but now shes murdering happily. I feel that her "mother" is manipulating Suletta to grow her company. I also watched the prologue when it came out and when I saw the "mother" in the series I thought "hm, maybe she changed her appearance significantly to hide" as she was a part of Gund-Arm research, but now I am sure she is a completely different person. I am greatly excited for the next season. Also it feels like regular gundam has returned, space terrorism, death, screwed up main characters whos a teenager who doesn't mind killing, and pollution. Damn I love the Gundam Series
Jan 8, 2023 6:48 PM

Apr 2015
Well everyone was waiting for the big turn of events and there it is lol. Sulleta just killed a mosquito in the post credit scene. Also poor Guel, his character went to a lot of turn of events.

I really like Prospera as a character too, i want to see how twist she can go.

Great way to end the first part! 9/10
Jan 8, 2023 6:50 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
HOLY SMOKES WHAT AN ENDING! Wow... my jaw dropped hahaha It was a good overall episode, a lot happened.... and it got pretty heavy. The battle between Witches was a fun watch and for some reason, it gave me chills. Before the post-ED credits... I was like wait, that's all? No way... and then wow! The blood, her smile.... it's like, her mother unlocked some "demon" child haha now I can't wait for the 2nd half!

The World Suffused with Sound.
Jan 8, 2023 7:31 PM

Jun 2017
Dat's a lot of tomato sauce you made there Suletta, looks like you cooking spaghetti with your wife tonight, though I think she might become vegan with how you went around making it and she hates tomatoes now.

I cannot wait for part 2 because holy shit Suletta is definitely not a normal girl. She's way to anxious yet at the same time comfortable with the average things her peers would be disgusted with. Of course classic Gundam to have the character with a mask to instigate the characters actions, mom is sus but hey at least Miorine lived so all is well. Oh and congrats on first blood Guel. My jaw is still dropped by that finale.
EifueJan 8, 2023 8:22 PM
Jan 8, 2023 7:50 PM
Nov 2018
Glad another season is coming, because this did not 'end' so much as 'finish setting up'. Much violence, such sad. Wow.
Jan 8, 2023 7:53 PM

Jan 2021
[font="\"Source Sans Pro\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]This finale left was definitely interesting and if Suletta didn't do that Miorine would've been killed. But murderer is quite harsh. Then again she just crushed at human and blood splattered everywhere and it is terrifying for sure. Prospera is definitely manipulating Suletta for with some dark plan. The real shit begins in the next part. Final Verdict: 7.5/10[/font]
Jan 8, 2023 8:14 PM
Jul 2014
Did we really need 10+ eps of school life for this jarring tonal shift? Like you go from dancing school battle Gundam and "all adults are assholes" to that? I think even with stuff like War in the Pocket this sort of stuff was menacingly in the background to remind you of everything despite its happy and romanticised tone. Then, you know.

Not saying the stuff isn't necessary for a Gundam series as basically all of these series end up with the protagonist being a victim of war after a cheerful and happy start etc, but for half of both cours?

5/10. Bumped up generously for the quality of the animation.
Low_KiJan 8, 2023 8:30 PM
Jan 8, 2023 8:17 PM
Mar 2015
Finally feels like an all out Gundam show. The post-credits scene was bone-chilling.
Jan 8, 2023 8:22 PM

Apr 2016
Someone call a therapist because these rich kids got some new trauma here, now that is a cliffhanger!

Also Nika got exposed.

It felt like every episode was building up for this moment and it was a good pay off, now second part is up to an interesting start.
Jan 8, 2023 8:53 PM
May 2015
I liked a lot about this show in terms of characters and themes (which were almost unanimously unexplored), but for a 1 cour anime the plot progression was disappointingly tepid. I wouldn’t really have these gripes if this was a straightforward 4 cour anime like most of the classic gundam series, but as a 12 episode run it feels immensely unsatisfying. I expected a lot more after the first couple of introductory episodes - not that I didn’t particularly like any aspect, it just didn’t provide enough material to feel like a completed season; it felt more like an appetizer.

I greatly hope the next season expands upon the lore and depicts new settings - I don’t think I can watch another schoolyard duel without rolling my eyes.

For these shorter new-wave gundam AUs, I’d really rather get some aggressively paced show with relatively shallow characters and silly plot twists like IBO, than something this crawling and calculated, despite its more mature structure. Hopefully season 2 changes my mind.
KingKatsuraJan 8, 2023 8:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2023 8:57 PM
Oct 2016
That post ending scene caught me off guard, i thought that Elon's clone moment was the most disturbing thing we will get, but i was wrong - strong prologue vibes here. I'm really interested how the rest of the show will play out.

It feels like they spent their entire budget on two episodes - this one and the first, they are great and i like them but the rest feels really underwhelming action wise and that is a real downer for a mecha show to me.
Jan 8, 2023 9:07 PM

May 2013
Too many complaints here. Several gundam shows had an upbeat vibe to them in the beginning. It's even gorier than some of them too. It's called contrast. Gore is more effective when you don't expect it coming, especially from a dumb looking character like Suletta, who actually seem to be brainwashed by her mom. Miorine needs to save her fiancee from her mother in law's manipulations.
Jan 8, 2023 9:50 PM

Mar 2019
I feel as though the series had really slowly been building up to that ending credit scene, and I feel as though it wouldn't have been as effective had we not gone about with the duels for the previous 11 episodes. The show was also able to establish the characters quite well during this time, which some past shows have struggled with.

Guel is now Kamille, Guel (Bob) going through the Gundam protagonist bingo. First he's Amuro and now he's Kamille, maybe next season he will be Judau, although he'd need to have friends to be Judau. 

The sort of twist like ending was quite well executed in my opinion, as just moments before Prospera had convinced Suletta that murder was okay with the whole run away gain 1 point, move forward gain 2 phrase, there was even the symbolism of Suletta crossing the blood soaked line. Noticed that Prospera called Suletta "that girl", in was it this or the previous episode so there's definitely something deeper going on there.

Saw a lot of people complaining about Miorine's reaction: Suletta quite literally squashes a person, slips in their blood, makes a joke, and then smiles about it. It wasn't really the act that got that reaction out of Miorine but Suletta's manner after the act. Considering how Miorine was also under a lot of mental stress regarding the foregone events I would call Miorine's reaction a somewhat natural one.

Even by Gundam standards the ending credit scene was quite bloody, yeah explosions are sad and tragic but they aren't really gruesome. Not everyone making the: "welcome to real Gundam" remarks, everybody knew it was going to be dark; the prologue was dark. 

I wonder what will happen to Miorine and Suletta from now. I wonder how the antagonistic earth group will play into the overall narrative from now on, "you're polluting the space". Wonder if the show's going to be longer than 2 seasons, probably will. We'll I guess I'll find out three months from now, when the second season starts airing.
KumiveneellaJan 8, 2023 9:55 PM
Jan 8, 2023 10:23 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
That smile....that goddamn pricking smile

Suletta brainwashed 
Miorine terrified

Great cliffhanger
Jan 8, 2023 10:35 PM
Dec 2022
wow wow wow, a whole lot of setup for next season in one episode, saw some things coming and was blindsided by others. almost missed Miorine's horror at the end but thanks to yall I went back. as a whole I gave the 1st season a 6 but this last episode deserves a 7 on its own. getting back to gundams roots on this one.
Jan 8, 2023 11:02 PM

May 2015
This first season was a let down tbh. The prologue was amazing, but the school arc felt pretty bland. It looks like it'll get good for the next season tho.
Jan 8, 2023 11:08 PM
Apr 2021
suletta is gonna become some psychopath like reyna ryugu from higurashi I bet. That would be a cool twist to the story.
SplatbruhJan 8, 2023 11:17 PM
Jan 8, 2023 11:14 PM
Apr 2021
Episode 12 has made me realized . . . THAT AERIAL IS THE BIGGEST BIRD!

Jan 8, 2023 11:33 PM
Dec 2021
After 2 weeks waiting for the final episode. Finally, they did it. I love the kill scene, very soothing me out. I hope it has more scene like that. 🥰🥰🥰
Jan 9, 2023 12:08 AM

May 2016
If the shock that happened to Miorine in the last minute, will results in break this Yuri relationship, i will be happy for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2023 12:09 AM

Oct 2019
Yes, this is the brutality I was waiting for! Not just for the end scene but the entire episode. Gundam is at it's best when it doesn't shy away from this kind of thing. I just wish it would've happened a lot sooner, but Ill take what we got here because it's excellent. I also like the rebuilt Aerial. The shoulders and the mega beam cannon are like that of the X and Double X Gundams.
Jan 9, 2023 12:15 AM

Jan 2020
Okouchi finally shows his true colors as the Code Geass and 08th MS Team novelization writer. I can totally see this man as a Victory Gundam fanboy. Aerial's new design gives me Zephyranthes vibes which is a plus and the battle scenes were awesome. All this show had to do for me to like it is to be better than IBO and it exceeded my expectations in that regard.
Jan 9, 2023 1:11 AM

May 2020
That was... intense. From Guel & his father, Elnora convincing Suletta to take that step forward, and the post credit scene.
Jan 9, 2023 1:44 AM
Jan 2017
Damn that bastard went splat!
Jan 9, 2023 2:03 AM

Oct 2009
Now this is the Gundam I've been waiting for!!
Great finale, Ariel looks way cooler now!

Suletta's mother be doing some good brainwashing, Suletta went from no killing to absolute killing machine.

Its too bad this show decided to be bad till the last moment, if Suletta's character wasn't so down right unlikable maybe it would've been enjoyable. 
Looking forward to S2 though, hopefully no more dumbass school stuff.

6/10
Jan 9, 2023 2:07 AM

Sep 2013
Beautiful animation and ost,the rest not so much but that finale scene was pure soul
Deep dark fantasies
Jan 9, 2023 3:03 AM

Oct 2016
What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck... Well that was certainly one hell of a smack, teehee, for the cour finale.

What the fuck Nika.
What the fuck Guel.
WHAT THE FUCK SULETTA?!

The worst parent and gaslighter of the year award gotta go to Prospera, cause what the fuck did she do to Suletta that one magic phrase turns her into a happy murderer. Not so surprisingly, Delling and even fucking Vim are better parents, how the turn tables.

I feel so bad for Guel Bob man, he's probably the one that have it worse out of everyone. Lost his place, killed his dad, no chance with Suletta, just nonstop Ls.

While Miorine is gonna be terrified at first, I have a feeling that she'll understand eventually that Suletta's turned out the way she did because of shitty parenting and will try to save her. Take me back to the peaceful days. 

What a fucking cliffhanger this is, as this is my first Gundam show, I have been baptized. Can't wait for the second-cour, as for the first-cour, 8/10.
Jan 9, 2023 3:33 AM

Jul 2013
People complaining don't realize this episode worked so incredibly well due to all the build up. Instead of just being shock factor we had an entire season developing both Sulleta and Miorine's characters. This development and how Sulleta acts throughout the season really makes this episode masterclass. I don't understand anyone complaining about the stuff before because it truly is why this episode worked so well. I haven't been blown away by an episode in an anime in so long and I have seen some messed up stuff.

It is clear that Sulleta's mother has ruined her and if the theory that Sulleta is some kind of clone or whatever this is all kinds of screwed up. This is how a show should be. Character building with lots of little hints. We could easily have seen this coming considering in the prologue that Sulleta aka Ericht literally killed people at the age of 4, but the presentation hides that from you during the actual show. (Also this show was never light hearted like some people are saying. I just don't think they were paying enough attention to what the show was doing.)
Jan 9, 2023 3:45 AM

Jul 2013
Kumiveneella said:
I feel as though the series had really slowly been building up to that ending credit scene, and I feel as though it wouldn't have been as effective had we not gone about with the duels for the previous 11 episodes. The show was also able to establish the characters quite well during this time, which some past shows have struggled with.

Guel is now Kamille, Guel (Bob) going through the Gundam protagonist bingo. First he's Amuro and now he's Kamille, maybe next season he will be Judau, although he'd need to have friends to be Judau. 

The sort of twist like ending was quite well executed in my opinion, as just moments before Prospera had convinced Suletta that murder was okay with the whole run away gain 1 point, move forward gain 2 phrase, there was even the symbolism of Suletta crossing the blood soaked line. Noticed that Prospera called Suletta "that girl", in was it this or the previous episode so there's definitely something deeper going on there.

Saw a lot of people complaining about Miorine's reaction: Suletta quite literally squashes a person, slips in their blood, makes a joke, and then smiles about it. It wasn't really the act that got that reaction out of Miorine but Suletta's manner after the act. Considering how Miorine was also under a lot of mental stress regarding the foregone events I would call Miorine's reaction a somewhat natural one.

Even by Gundam standards the ending credit scene was quite bloody, yeah explosions are sad and tragic but they aren't really gruesome. Not everyone making the: "welcome to real Gundam" remarks, everybody knew it was going to be dark; the prologue was dark. 

I wonder what will happen to Miorine and Suletta from now. I wonder how the antagonistic earth group will play into the overall narrative from now on, "you're polluting the space". Wonder if the show's going to be longer than 2 seasons, probably will. We'll I guess I'll find out three months from now, when the second season starts airing.

Thank you for this amazing post. The people complaining about the school stuff missed the entire point of this show. The show has gundam all over it with all the politics. But instead of rushing the dark aspects it just had them sprinkled all the way through with a constant build up of intrigue and the clear feeling something was going to go very wrong. And well it obviously did. I truly don't understand people misinterpreting this show.
Jan 9, 2023 3:54 AM
Jan 2021
Who wants tomato sauce? You want tomato sauce, right?
Jan 9, 2023 4:26 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit that after credits scene
Jan 9, 2023 7:12 AM

Dec 2020
This season was mid af. The character interactions, their stories, their actions, tention between them, characters themselves nothing was interesting at all in this anime also including that shitty school and it's rules.

The main character suletta remains dumb asl until the end. Man who smiles like that after killing someone? Is she got some holes in her brain? ughhhh. Except the animation nothing good abt this anime 5/10.
Jan 9, 2023 8:13 AM

Jul 2014
MF finally! a Gundam ep in a supposed anime with "Gundam" in its title, its about time.
Also.. bro... Suletta is the worst MC in a gundam series, kill this annoying brat already! I'd rather have Guel as the MC than this stuttering brain dead pos.
Some of you may think Miorine may be traumatized from what she just saw but nah, my bro Guel had it rougher, home boi accidentally killed his dad... that stays with you.
Anyways I hope Suletta kicks the bucket before the ending of this series, its the only ending I see fit for her.
Jan 9, 2023 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
Such an exhilarating episode!!!
oh man! more unfortunate things happened to Jeturk!
what the EF!!! Suletta nonchalantly annihilated that dude in suit! like some ants! hahaha!
omg! so bloody and Miorine was so shocked! well what do you expect!? hahaha
5/5.
8/10.

Jan 9, 2023 10:06 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what was that finish at the end there? Prospera-san's brainwashing is just too good, not even a hint of remorse from Suletta even though she struggled to cope with the killings earlier. She's been giving bad vibes from the start and the questions are finally starting to materialise now, and it's about time! 

Quite a lot has transpired over the last couple of episodes in particular, especially for Suletta considering she began that phase with her depleted self-confidence only to be revived by Miorine. I wonder if that remark from her will snap her back to reality once again. Because if not, things are going to get really really dark and gritty, you'd have to feel. I mean, it probably will already be to a certain degree given the change in tone out of the blue there. Looks like the show is finally picking up in pace...

On the other hand, it seems like Nika's part in the terrorist attack will come to light. Unless she kills the eyewitness, of course, but let's be real, that'll probably not be the case. She's been making a fair attempt to get along with them, Shaddiq's definitely got something up his sleeve to get her cooperation. Guel turning out to accidentally kill his father was some drop too, I wonder how he'll take that once the war ends. 

All in all, it's been a fairly entertaining first cour. Maybe a bit too much focused on the buildup but if the next cour delivers, I suppose there'll be no complaints then. NGL, I found the ED better than Yoasobi's Op and it doesn't often happen that I enjoy a track more than Yoasobi's when they're involved, but something about it, whether it be the song, melody or the visuals, was just really good. In terms of animation quality, Sunrise is very well-versed in mecha action and this clearly showed here. 

Looking forward to the second cour. For now, it's a decent 7/10 from my side. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 9, 2023 10:11 AM
Jan 2023
What the actual Fuck
Jan 9, 2023 10:31 AM
Apr 2021
I started Gundam with Hathaway's Flash and then watched Unicorn so Witch from Mercury is my third Gundam show. I really liked the intensity of Unicorn, even though the story had a lot of information and you really have to pay attention to what's going on. I give Mercury 8/10 simply because imo it's not as good as Unicorn BUT it's still a fine series. I've been reading multiple threads here and I found many strange messages ala characters shouldn't change... why not? In every decent story the characters evolve and change. Characters may end pursuing a seemingly dead avenue because they feel like it and that's fine. If they always do the same things it gets old fast. Definitely looking forward to the continuation.
Jan 9, 2023 10:35 AM
Jan 2021
JESUS. Ok time to wait for April
Jan 9, 2023 12:49 PM

Jan 2020
TheFounder131 said:

Man who smiles like that after killing someone? Is she got some holes in her brain? ughhhh. Except the animation nothing good abt this anime 5/10.
That's... the point????? I swear to god I have no idea what half of you guys are on in these threads.
Jan 9, 2023 1:14 PM
Apr 2014
War has finally arrived, bringing along hell and tragedy.

Animation, sound, everything was outstanting in this final episode.

The second part will be so intense.

I'll be looking forward to it.
Jan 9, 2023 1:24 PM

Dec 2014
ARK-13 said:
KuroNavi said:
haha imagine, your "fiance" killed someone who was trying to kill you to save you and you call them a murderer, well would you have preferred to have been killed instead? 

That's how a normal person would react. Can you remain unfazed after seeing someone literally squashing a person like a tomato?

Hell before that, even Suletta questioned her mother when she shoot that guy. But since Prospera has full grasp over Suletta that she looked over it. And because of Prospera, Suletta was completely oblivious of what she did. So Miorine's reaction to that is completely understandable. 

yeah i'd definitely be shaken for sure but i wouldn't go and call them a murderer after they just saved me from being murdered myself, at least i dont think i would, can't really say for sure unless you've experienced it
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A question

Shubhamb1996 - May 24

5 by Sakanasunrise »»
Yesterday, 2:16 AM

» Mobile Suit Gundam Franchise Reaches Sales Record of 145.7 Billion Yen in 2024 Fiscal Year

deg - May 12

8 by Zedlin »»
May 13, 11:03 AM

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

12 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 17, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.