Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2022 10:20 AM
Jan 2021
holy hell! for a good 10 miniuts there was some nice peace and slow pacing.... then it went to absolute chaos. great episode.
Nov 29, 2022 10:20 AM
Nov 2020
the latest episode was just amazing
aki's eyes were so beautiful definitely deserved my cum strains
very hectic fr-
Nov 29, 2022 10:21 AM

Aug 2022
King_KK said:
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
why do you sounds like that @King_KK guy?

I like how I live rent free in your head. The fact that you think of me whenever someone calls you out for being the good for nothing piece of trash that you are is hilarious. My words must have hurt you real bad. That's a win in my book.

btw, what's your thoughts on this episode?
Nov 29, 2022 10:22 AM
Nov 2022
And WTF with the 5 minutes recap?
We got the same shit for a Bleach episode and I don't understand, we don't have the memory of a fish to forget what happened just before

Jul 2021
firstly i will say i still can't process wtf happened in this episode. first makima being shot??????? then everyone just fucking dying tf?

i knew my boi won't disapoint. good thing saving himself for makima. but seeing the end of this ep i think it's a lost opportunity, he will never get a chance again.

i legit didn't even feel anything after himeno died as i couldn't even process what just happened. like it all happened out of nowhere, one moment they are enjoying a meal then the grandfather gets brought up, denji is shot, himeno is shot, some swordman appears, just what? (meanwhile still no one giving a fuck about denji. he took a bullet to the head, i wonder how he will survive.)

that girl is too OP. himeno sacrificed herself only for her whole sacrifice to go in vain in a single second.

i have no idea what's gonna happen now, how they gonna survive this and why that girl and swordman are killing them.

they got a lot of answering to do and we a lot of waiting.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 2014
Good episode overall, the direction was really well done. Obviously this is my opinion but I was a bit disappointed with the Curse Devil CG scene, I felt they could have gotten away with transitioning to a 2D still with a lot of Lens distortion which could have saved them tons of time. The rest of the scenes I enjoyed in regard to the battle!
Tennebris_MethodNov 29, 2022 10:30 AM
Nov 29, 2022 10:25 AM

Apr 2013
Ionliosite2 said:
KneelBeforeMe said:
Bruh imagine saying that as a dragonball fanboy hahaha

I don't know what's the correlation between these, but, ok?
You're critiquing how deaths are executed and handled by Fujimoto in Chainsaw Man while somehow not staying true to that argument with a story you revere. It's simply funny since you rate CSM 1 and DB 10 across the board. Lots of brainlets on MAL since covid.
KneelBeforeMeNov 29, 2022 10:28 AM
Nov 29, 2022 10:27 AM

Oct 2022
The episode was totally insane in comparison to prior episode.

The fight between Gun Devil and Devil Hunters have begun.

BTW RIP Himeno
Nov 29, 2022 10:27 AM

Jan 2018
RIP Himeno. You'll be missed. :( Even without spoilers, she had death flags written all over her prior to this.

I didn't realize we're already 8 episodes into Chainsaw Man. That passed by fast. Only 4 more to go.
Nov 29, 2022 10:28 AM

Sep 2021
that was so good, cant wait for next week, i love the katana devil already

Sep 2011
I feel like cgi talk and Himeno's death have kind of overshadowed it, but they did a spectacular job with the train scene, feels like its the right level of slightly letting you figure out whats about to happen but also happens so fast you dont have that much time to process it before the deaths start piling up.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 2021
Tbh I was little underwhelmed today... not saying that this episode was bad... but mistakes were visible...

Good points first:
Great ost
perfect cinematography and camera angles
anime original opening scene
specially the gun shots in different locations were done great

Bad points:
Janky art... noticeable from the breakfast scene
CGI was good but it was breaking the immersion a lot
Personal bias - I though the Kon scene wud be as good as shown in the preview... but that didnt happen...weak 2D debris structure there

Maybe I'm too critical but I wanted MAPPA to animate this scene as good as they did in the eternity devil part
I wanted them to surpass the manga but I guess manga is still better at this point
Nov 29, 2022 10:29 AM

Jan 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
Ionliosite2 said:

I don't know what's the correlation between these, but, ok?
You're critiquing how deaths are executed and handled by Fujimoto in Chainsaw Man while somehow not staying true to that argument with a story you revere.

I mean, I never mentioned Dragon Ball in my comment, so why should I mention something about it in the first place? Besides, that is beyond my original point, none of this relates to Dragon Ball in any way, nor I ever said Dragon Ball was some kind of example in how to do deaths. Your comment doesn't say anything going againts mine.
Nov 29, 2022 10:29 AM
May 2017
big emotional damage
Nov 29, 2022 10:31 AM
Apr 2014
Satanic_baka said:
Tbh I was little underwhelmed today... not saying that this episode was bad... but mistakes were visible...

Good points first:
Great ost
perfect cinematography and camera angles
anime original opening scene
specially the gun shots in different locations were done great

Bad points:
Janky art... noticeable from the breakfast scene
CGI was good but it was breaking the immersion a lot
Personal bias - I though the Kon scene wud be as good as shown in the preview... but that didnt happen...weak 2D debris structure there

Maybe I'm too critical but I wanted MAPPA to animate this scene as good as they did in the eternity devil part
I wanted them to surpass the manga but I guess manga is still better at this point

You put it best, I thought overall it was a good episode but I too was a bit underwhelmed.
Nov 29, 2022 10:33 AM
Feb 2021
The animation was so goofy and weird and that was teribble
Nov 29, 2022 10:33 AM
Jun 2017
What the hell just happened?!?!?
Nov 29, 2022 10:34 AM

Nov 2020
FMmatron said:
TK one of the GOATS. He's the perfect performer for such a painful ending.

RIP Himeno. If I was an anime only I probably would've been shook.

Once again a great episode overall.

Damn, so Himeno is really gone? She definitely felt like a character that would stick around for a while, especially with her and Denji forming that alliance. Well props to the author for creating a genuinely surprising and meaningful character death this early on. I feel like Arai is probably a goner too, protecting Kobeni from the assassin since she has more to offer considering her popularity. This episode had some problems, like the first four minutes feeling like a waste of time and some iffy CGI towards the end, but the intensity and direction really made up for it. This show has been good so far, but this is the first time I can say I'm truly excited for the next episode.
Are ya winning, diners?
Nov 29, 2022 10:35 AM
Apr 2022
What The Fuck just happened

May 2015
Crazy how just like Mob Psycho E8, people are calling the animation in this episode bad when they clearly have no idea what they’re talking about lol.

Feb 2022
RIP Himeno, alongside Power she was vying for best girl status
Nov 29, 2022 10:37 AM
Nov 2021
Better then the previous episodes. I gave up on experiencing any stories here. Waiting for the show to get darker.
Nov 29, 2022 10:38 AM
Mar 2022
Yoarry said:
And WTF with the 5 minutes recap?
We got the same shit for a Bleach episode and I don't understand, we don't have the memory of a fish to forget what happened just before

Not even a 5 min recap. Added new scenes from Himeno's pov and these were not even there in the manga.
Sep 2020
the action has really begun this time

Sep 2011
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Crazy how just like Mob Psycho E8, people are calling the animation in this episode bad when they clearly have no idea what they’re talking about lol.
The CGI complaints are gonna largely be more on principle against the technique more so than how it actually looks for some people, but people talking about Himeno's animation at the start being bad is pretty insane, especially since ive seen several people think its rotoscoped which kind of says alot about how successfully kouki fujimoto (animator for that cut and many other parts of the series and op so far) was able to emulate a realistic drunken stagger

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2022 10:43 AM
Mar 2022
Most people here are watching this episode on 360p on some shady website. Man it was beautiful as fuck. From the cinematography to the fight scenes very thing was top notch. Only gripe is the 10 sec curse devil scene which could have been better but in no way was it bad. The fight between katana devil and aki and appearance of the ghost devil was really well done.
Nov 29, 2022 10:44 AM

May 2016
Nycro said:
Despite the massive marketing of CSM it didnt reach the KnY level of hype or even JJK so far. Everything will depend on this episode. If that doesnt explode then nothing else will.
Huh? What episode was it again that got KNY fans hyped? Episode 17 right? Wow Chainsaw Man doesn't stand a chance especially since the KNY fanbase was none existent prior to episode 17. Like have you met anyone who was reading KNY prior to the anime?
Nov 29, 2022 10:44 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Tension was very high this episode.

Aki used his sword which means he lost a lot of years off his life. Himeno died, Aki is not taking it well.

Very good episode, ED sounded great too!!

Nov 29, 2022 10:45 AM

May 2021
dnv não, por favor não...
eu chorei, eu chorei novamente
Nov 29, 2022 10:45 AM
Feb 2021
Reshiram_IX said:
Nycro said:
Despite the massive marketing of CSM it didnt reach the KnY level of hype or even JJK so far. Everything will depend on this episode. If that doesnt explode then nothing else will.
JJK started off extr
xacier2006 said:

Fr KNY is the best anime ever made and have the best animation of all time
Please tell me your trolling. Ufotable has good CGI, but please tell me your trolling by saying KNY is the best anime ever made.

It is the best anime ever made tho nothing comes close to it 💀💀
Nov 29, 2022 10:46 AM
Jan 2020
my jaw quite literally dropped, best episode so far it felt way too short. need the next one now
Nov 29, 2022 10:47 AM

Oct 2015
i am shocked it was so good i cant wait for next episode
Nov 29, 2022 10:47 AM

Jan 2019
I was waiting for the moment where this anime would "click", the moment where I'd realise why the manga is so popular, and this episode was it.

Nov 29, 2022 10:48 AM

Aug 2022
MoistG said:
appearance of the ghost devil was really well done.
bruhh... pls stop 😭😭

Reshiram_IX said:
Like have you met anyone who was reading KNY prior to the anime?
it was pretty popular in japan
Nov 29, 2022 10:49 AM

May 2016
xacier2006 said:
Reshiram_IX said:
JJK started off extr
Please tell me your trolling. Ufotable has good CGI, but please tell me your trolling by saying KNY is the best anime ever made.

It is the best anime ever made tho nothing comes close to it 💀💀
Best in overall production quality? Story? Animation? Characters? CGI? All of the above? I need context! Make me understand!
Nov 29, 2022 10:52 AM
Dec 2020
n tenho palavras é so desgraça
Nov 29, 2022 10:53 AM
Jul 2022
A bit dissapointed with this episode. I thought the Aki vs Katana fight would be better.
Nov 29, 2022 10:53 AM
Oct 2020
wtf were those deaths. This episode felt like 3 mins to me. The second half of the episode looked really sick.
SSJfan22Nov 29, 2022 10:57 AM
Nov 29, 2022 10:54 AM

Jul 2022
It’s gonna get more insane from now on

Anime-only’s get ready 🔥🔥🔥
Nov 29, 2022 10:54 AM

Apr 2020
Ok so first of all, Great animation as always. MAPPA has been giving fluidity in the animation that makes the character's movement feel alive. I love the way they did the assassination scenes. They added a lot of tension to it. However the fight scene with Katana Devil and Aki, I find it really underwhelming. I don't have a problem with the CG (not that the fight scene itself was all done in cgi anyway) but the choreography was lackluster. It felt everything was in slow motion. I swear the fan animation did a much better job https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQnbrT2IczE. Anyways, looking forward for the next episode. RIP HIMENO!!!
Nov 29, 2022 10:55 AM
Sep 2022
imma give it a 4. normally i'd give every episode a 5 but the fact that they kinda made the kon scene trash (in comparison to the trailer) and cgi ghost devil, it didnt feel normal to me.
Nov 29, 2022 10:56 AM
May 2020
action was amazing, ED was amazing.
Nov 29, 2022 10:59 AM
Oct 2017
Best episode by far! Kensuke Ushio's music captured the CSM environment so well!
Nov 29, 2022 10:59 AM
Sep 2021
OMG this episode was awesome
Nov 29, 2022 11:01 AM
Apr 2016
Some of these comments, man... Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a part of this community. The toxicity out here is unbearable.
CruicruiseNov 29, 2022 11:06 AM
Nov 29, 2022 11:01 AM

Mar 2021
I'm not exactly sure we needed to see the whole beginning from Himeno's perspective, but I suppose the ending of the previous episode was just a teaser.

I think this is the first episode where the CGI works to the show's disadvantage.

RIP Himeno. Your time was short but sweet.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Nov 29, 2022 11:02 AM

Sep 2011
kronos7 said:
The direction in this episode was amazing. Honestly I think the pace feels much better then in the manga, they let the story breathe. Makima geting guned down and the aftermath gave me chills. The music was on point too.
Its definitely interesting to see how the anime has slowed things waaaay down and really hung on scenes. Simple things like seeing Aki' morning routine or just all the quiet air between scenes and conversations have gone a long way to making things have more contrast to the insanity that to come whilst also serving a extra purpose of letting them drag this out for 3 seasons rather than the 2 cour it probably could of been adapted in.

I do wonder how they will keep this pace though for later things, these early parts yeah i can buy it theres alot of dialogue and significantly lower stakes, but the final arcs they are gonna need to really get inventive with the pacing to not just power through it all in like 6 episodes or feel like its hurting the fast pace dragging it out but that conversation isnt something that should happen here this early in the series

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 29, 2022 11:04 AM
May 2021
WHATT?? no I have to wait a week ..... or start reading the manga and ruin the rest of the show. Love this show, hate how it tests my will power
Nov 29, 2022 11:07 AM
Feb 2021
If at least the author crashed half of denji’s body and made him to not regenerate it (aka having consequences), then it would have been interesting. But no we can’t have that, the author only kills characters we don’t care about. I haven’t read the manga, but I can say for certain that denji will just return next episode with plot armor like nothing happened, which defeats the purpose of any threat in this anime/manga. Really disappointing episode.
Nov 29, 2022 11:10 AM
Aug 2022
Friermiko said:
If at least the author crashed half of denji’s body and made him to not regenerate it (aka having consequences), then it would have been interesting. But no we can’t have that, the author only kills characters we don’t care about. I haven’t read the manga, but I can say for certain that denji will just return next episode with plot armor like nothing happened, which defeats the purpose of any threat in this anime/manga. Really disappointing episode.
name one shonen anime without plot armor
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - Yesterday

11 by Naveen6662246 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

986 by lcljosh »»
Yesterday, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.