Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2022 1:28 PM
Oct 2015
As an anime watcher only, there is some question I want to ask. But before that What Oyakata sama said in the last scene is really suprise me.
SPOILER
SPOILER Please be careful It may contain, maybe SPOILER

Oyakata sama just confirms my thought from S1 about why muzan kinda look a like Oyakata sama. Now, I really wonder about Oyakata sama disease can it be cure by Nezuko blood demon power?
Oyakata part really make me sad T_T. So their own family just hunting Michael Jackson as a shame for family
-

This ending is spectacular. I'm happy everyone save. Snake guy words really hurt to hear since everyone nearly death to kill 6upper moon. Suma can't keep silent for a moment to let tengen said his last words, that her shock face too.

For new unlocked character, Douma really has fascinating design and those beuatiful colorfull eyes. Wow, can see him brutal already even wit that calm attitude. See you in S3
Feb 13, 2022 1:31 PM

Apr 2018
I'm excited for the next arc and the new Upper Six demon appearing in the end was lowkey hype. This was a great season, it fell off on the comedy aspect but the rest amazing. Great fights, animation, soundtrack and a good ending.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 13, 2022 1:32 PM
Nov 2008
garbage as usual. Wish kny never happened.
Feb 13, 2022 1:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Here we are at the end of another season of Demon Slayer, and I really liked this final episode. I was really wondering how everyone would survive the explosion but turns out Nezuko is our saving grace, loved how she casually ran around and healed everyone with her derpy face, and Suma’s reaction was amazing, I think she’s still my favorite of Uzui’s wives. Of course I expected a backstory for Gyutaro and Daki, and it was definitely a sad one worth shedding some tears for, I especially loved the scene of them in the afterlife, but of course no amount of sad backstory can make their actions forgivable, I still loved it tho, and Daki/Ume as a human was beautiful indeed. And lastly, I love our of our main boys and Nezuko huddled up there at the end, the extra length on the episode definitely made this better.

And as for the season overall, I honestly loved it, it reminded me of just how damn fun Demon Slayer is to watch, even with random power ups are maybe the fight being a tad too long, I still super enjoyed it, and Ufotable of course knocked it out of the park with the art and animation once again. And I gotta say I really loved Uzui and his wives, I can see why so many people love him now, and I wish his wives could have done more but I still thought they were great additions. Also the OP and ED for this season are probably my favorites so far too, they’ve all been fantastic but these just hit with me more. Lastly, I just loved seeing our classic trio + Nezuko again since watching the first Season, of course there was the movie to hold us over but it’s not the same as a full season. Call me generic but I really loved this season, and I’m excited for Season 3, whenever that comes.
Feb 13, 2022 1:38 PM
Dec 2021
KobushiDeNanpa said:

Unfortunately for you there will be a third season. Masterpiece of animation.
Feb 13, 2022 1:42 PM
Jan 2020
KobushiDeNanpa said:

I just want to know, so what's your gooooood standard like?
Feb 13, 2022 1:42 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So no upper moon meeting, just a tease of it with Akaza showing up to the infinity castle. Was fully expecting it to happen since everyone was speculating that it would so am just a bit disappointed, but it's still a solid ending to the season nonetheless. After the high-octane exhilarating action of the last episode, it's nice to end off the season with the tragic backstory and ending to our antagonists of the season. Glad we got a glimpse of the current 2nd upper moon Douma, as well as arguably the 3rd strongest hashira, Obanai.

Ufotable has raised the bar yet again, and has set a new level of animation to beat, surpassing even their previous reigning accomplishment of Spring Song. Overall I'm giving it a more than deserved 8/10. But on a technical standpoint with the visuals and sound design, 11/10, I was absolutely floored.

Now we patiently await S3, where ufotable will undoubtedly wow us yet again.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 13, 2022 1:46 PM

Aug 2018
And the arc of the red light district ends.
This season has been very good, it was great.
Now, let's wait for the 3rd season already confirmed. YES!
Feb 13, 2022 1:59 PM
Aug 2021
Great ending to great season. I really love back story of the demons they are emotional and beautiful(can't wait for Akaza's turn)
Feb 13, 2022 2:02 PM

Feb 2019
Mid slayer finally over, now need midgeki to end so we can get some good anime to get recognition this season . Need ufo to fully focus on the Mahoyo movie.
Feb 13, 2022 2:07 PM
Jan 2021
so thats the end of the District Arc and damn it was a ride, to see the siblings having an unbreakable bond was very wholesome, even after death they are still together and nezuko with her poison healing abilities is interesting and she is probably the mvp.

hope we get a sequel soon!
Feb 13, 2022 2:13 PM

Nov 2020
That was the worst finale I have ever seen in all of fiction.
Feb 13, 2022 2:25 PM
May 2019
i am manga reader and just gonna say.

i am crying three times in this episode
Feb 13, 2022 2:37 PM

Feb 2021
And it's the end...

Oh, thanks fro Nezuko's ability to cure the demonic poison!

It was so sad to see Gyuatro's and Daki's backstory. I really felt bad for them. Life can be just cruel.

Generally said, this arc has been a wild ride and as I have already said before, the best animation I have ever seen. It easily went to my top anime. Definitely 10/10.

I'm looking forward for S3, although it will be a long wait.
Feb 13, 2022 2:43 PM
Aug 2018
Why tf is ds at 8.96??? Talk about inflated to the heavens holy moly. Definitely going to drop to around 8.6 or 8.5 in the next few years. This season was not that good
Feb 13, 2022 2:44 PM
Jan 2021
honestly super underwhelmed by this arc... 4 episodes of nothing, 6 eps of fighting and then a 30 min ep of a backstory of characters i dont give a shit bout... first part of the season was perfect but this a solid 6/10 for me..... although Tengen is a 10/10 sexy man
Strawberry_BlastFeb 13, 2022 2:48 PM
Feb 13, 2022 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
really not a fan of these “sympathize with villains after they get bodied” that these animes/manga love to do over and over again
Feb 13, 2022 2:57 PM
Mar 2018
Br3dWinn3rs said:
Why tf is ds at 8.96??? Talk about inflated to the heavens holy moly. Definitely going to drop to around 8.6 or 8.5 in the next few years. This season was not that good
8.96 is the exact score that s1 had when it finished airing and its 8.56 now so it will definitely drop quite a bit once the hype dies down
Feb 13, 2022 3:00 PM
Sep 2021
The end was cute this whole episode was cute especially seeing all four them together at the end😍😩hugging
Feb 13, 2022 3:01 PM
Sep 2021
Nezuko definitely was adorable 😍😫
Feb 13, 2022 3:03 PM

Aug 2020
I was like waiting for the demon siblings backstory, damn it was great. Everything was beautiful until the end. Still got me amazed. Nezuko so cute! 10/10 for this arc. What a masterpiece

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 13, 2022 3:05 PM

Sep 2020
Really good episode
Gyutaro and Daki's backstories were adapted perfectly!
And OMG we FIIIINALLLY got to see Douma! I've been waiting for this moment.

Overall really good episode and season tho!
8/10

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Feb 13, 2022 3:06 PM
Sep 2021
Seeing all four of them together & alive is cute😍🥺
Feb 13, 2022 3:08 PM
Sep 2021
This episode is 10/10 Fr it was so good 🤗
Feb 13, 2022 3:09 PM
Sep 2021
Another season like season 3?
Feb 13, 2022 3:11 PM

Oct 2015
What an awesome episode. That was really really good. I enjoyed the backstory quite a lot. The animation as always was stellar and It's really going to leave a whole in me now that I don't have Demon Slayer to look forward to again every week.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Feb 13, 2022 3:13 PM

Jul 2017
fuckin hell, this season has set the clear bar over tv anime cinematography and god damn is it a high bar to reach. dayum the production on this season was just chefs kiss all over

kinda conflicted literally no one important dies in this one thanks to whatever voodoo magic nezuko had in store (why couldn't she just get rid of uzui's poison from the beginning lol). I think from a story pov it would've been better but can't complain too much cause I quite liked all the characters involved

in terms of the yet again backstory I actually find this one to be the best out of the demons so far. Mainly cause I'm a sucker for strong brother-sister relationships but this one i definitely felt was the strongest. Not like it redeems gyus actions (when sis yelled brother i legit thought tanjiro would stop trying to cut his head lmao) but it's something at least

now can't wait for the inevitable uzui x 3 wives doujins :P

Uzui harem master/10
Feb 13, 2022 3:24 PM

Nov 2012
And the strongest awakens! Nezuko's the damn GOAT!
Somebody put Zenitsu back to sleep.

I wanted to punch Tengen's crybaby wife in the mouth so bad.

Can't believe they destroyed the entire district.

Fantastic arc
Feb 13, 2022 3:27 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
The only thing I would complain about is that annoying plot armor in the last two episodes, I am glad everyone is fine but I prefer other ways to save all characters. Beside that, truly gureto, espcially animation, I think it set the bar a bit higher now. 9/10
Feb 13, 2022 4:06 PM
Jun 2021
Okk excluding plot Armours this was a solid 9 season, a great & flashy season, I hope we will get season 3 soon

can't wait anymore
Feb 13, 2022 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
Precious Nezuko saving the day and then carrying Tanjiro <3

As always, Demon Slayer knows how to make me feel for the antagonists (demons). I'm a manga reader, but seeing Gyutaro and Daki/Ume's backstory had me in tears. Especially them walking off together in the afterlife.
Feb 13, 2022 4:13 PM
May 2021
33 minutes of tragic backstory for the demon they just spent 7-8 episodes fighting. I think I’m hopping off the train at this point. It’s beyond apparent that the writers care more about “humanizing” literal demons than making people care about the protagonists.
Feb 13, 2022 4:23 PM

May 2018
What a wild ride this has been! One of the most enjoyable series I have watched. 8/10
Feb 13, 2022 4:33 PM
Jun 2020
what a great season 10/9
Feb 13, 2022 4:46 PM

Apr 2021
Seeing Daki and Gyutaro in the end being together is so sad to the point that I cried watching their backstory, Its really relatable in some cases where poverty is really a big deal in such poor countries, but still their bonds what makes them stronger. Best Finale for the Entertainment District Arc (not saying its the best episode in all anime's that are airing this winter but only this anime that took me by surprise
Feb 13, 2022 5:03 PM
Nov 2020
Douma’s VA is Light Yagami, that alone makes me super excited! Lets goooo
Feb 13, 2022 5:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Classic finishing for demon slayer, backstory time for the demons! Interesting that Ume/Gyuutaro wasn't turned into demon by Muzan directly, but whose that? The end was expected to be like that without teasing anymore scene for later season which fortunately already been announced for later. So i am glad with this end...

Everyone survived. Nezuko saved the day. Tengen Uzui-sama as expected retire too and sure will live a great day with three busty wives. Suma was big fuckin joke there, lmao. Serpent hashira coming just to annoying. Really wish he died or something. Akaza said there's a meeting, but y'know, there's nothing there and see it for later. What else? Well, nothing more, and i am pretty sure taking this as same as the first season. See you at the next arc, folks....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 13, 2022 5:11 PM

Feb 2011
Quality ending for sure. Glad to see everyone is alive even if tengen is going to retire
Nezuko was cute as always, and watching the demon siblings make up even going to hell, was pretty well done.

Solid ending!

Feb 13, 2022 5:24 PM

Jun 2015
Extended episode, huh. Top quality as always, I didn't think I'd get a bit emotional at Gyutaro and Ume's flashback, but Ufotable did that to me.
And everyone is alive c: Tears
Feb 13, 2022 5:35 PM
Jul 2016
kudos for the excellent arc. great work to everyone involved in the project and what an awesome job they did. VA's were awesome, pacing and directing was on point, OST-Music-Sound were great, and the Animation was God Tier. Great adaptation overall, enjoyed my time.
Feb 13, 2022 6:08 PM
Oct 2021
One thing I really disliked about this season is how the characters kept pulling out secret OP moves at just the right time to save themselves.
It's like they could've used ended everything much earlier if they didn't keep such things hidden.

Daki and the other demon ended up being a better couple than Tanjiro and Nezuko. Too bad the story doesn't revolve around them instead.
Feb 13, 2022 6:22 PM
Feb 2021
This was too much off a tear jerking episode for me, I legit couldn't stop tearing throughout the episode with the flash back of Ume(Daki) and Gyotarou. Gyotarou had been through a lot with constant abuse from her own mother and being ostracised from society. Their bickering got heated off but as we know it was just a facade meaning both brother and sister love each other dearly & earnestly. Glad they were reunited after the death as well. I really love depiction of brothers and sisters relationship of this anime.

Zenitsu waking off from sleep is always a hilarious and little Nezuko carrying Tanjiro was just too cute. Nezuko sure has become so powerful and glad she was there to heal the company otherwise I am sure Uzuki and Inosuke would have died. Beside being serious, it sure has plenty of funny moments as well like Uzui wife yelling and screaming despite Uzui being in life or dead situation, even he himself was gobsmacked by their upbringing🤣. Since he is retiring and I think he really deserve that as well and he keeps his head high after all he takes down the two upper Six with our four MC. He knows this is the right time to pass his authority to younger guys now. We also got the glimpse of another upper six and he already seems terrible news, also him carrying dismembered organ of women yuck.

Last but not least, it has been a phenomenal ride with God tier animation which helps to make story also perfection. Since, next season is confirmed as well I couldn't wait anymore to see it again. Until that Adios and thank you Ufotable for your hard work on making the journey surreal with your fantastic animation.
Feb 13, 2022 6:26 PM

Sep 2011
This ep, and also arc felt like Demon slayer's first big dud for me, it was entertaining but after the first 3 episodes which had this really fun adventurous feel exploring a new locations just got so streamlined into a really drawn out fight against villains that werent intimidating, but annoying. Their backstory had like, small bits of potential but it came in so damn late and felt so desperate to make you feel bad for them when the show previous gave them fucking nothing character wise both as antagonsits and their interactions. They were just empty shells to be given fairly basic powers that didnt make for all that interesting a fight

This season was the only time I've really ever understood the accusation that this series is carried by the animation and music. There was so much character and thematic depth to mugen train and the arcs before it or at the very least a sense of progression for the cast/plot. All this arc accomplished was scratched off a demon rank not introduced till this arc and a hashira from a list. Frankly this arc feels like it could be erased from the overall narrative and just pretend the demons only had 5 upper ranks cause this shit felt inconsequential outside of giving a couple power-ups that could of been done on literally anything else.
JizzyHitlerFeb 13, 2022 6:29 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 13, 2022 7:05 PM

Dec 2016
This episode got very tense with the emotions o_o; It's always good to see some background from the past playing, and this time for the demon brothers. Gyutaro had a tough life from the beginning and it was very hard to watch how he was treated :( but one thing is for sure, is that he cared a lot for his little sister Daki/Ume and that is a very sweet moment to see despite the struggle. Very overprotective brother :)

Decent finale, but I don't think it will end here. Maybe a new season is coming? >_>

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 13, 2022 7:09 PM
Aug 2020
Welp, that is the end of this season of Demon Slayer. Overall, although there were numerous major plot holes, plot armors, lame comedy ruining the moods it was still enjoyable and entertaining to watch. Of course the animation and sound tracks took credit of 99%.

In this episode when Daki and Gyuutaro were throwing hates to each other, I wanted to say 'stop,' and when Tanjiro did, it literary melted my heart. I regret everything I have done and everything that I could, but decided not to do, so it was very nice to see the sibling bonds throughout the series.

I want to give it a 6 or a 7 since I absolutely hate the author of KNY, but as I mentioned, the entertainment did a whole great job holding my attention (usually very short), and the bond between the two siblings took my heart. Would've given a 9 if it was written by someone else, so I give it a solid 8.
Feb 13, 2022 7:14 PM

Sep 2020
Denon Slayer made me cry 😢 Saddest backstory by far. Don't know what gonna happen to me when they will show Akaza's backstory 😭 Overall it's a solid 9/10 for me.
Feb 13, 2022 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
The last episode of the season, and a great conclusion. Overall 9/10 season. I found some small problems here and there but it was great!!
Excited for next season, Sword Smith Village arc!!
Feb 13, 2022 7:34 PM

Feb 2008
A superb season, in the animation and music side. I never sympathize with people who only come here to shit on shounen shows because of their fragile plot because: it's a shounen, people. Now, that's no reason for the amount of plot armor that some characters have, of course.

But it's a traditional thing that any anime fan expects ever since the 90s. If you don't expect plot armors here, then you must be pretty new.

Solid ending to a very entertaining season. Zenitsu has to stay sleeping every time so I can enjoy his existance. Uzui didn't die so that's a victory for me. So Nezuko's blood can heal poison, huh... how convenient. Not really a fan of feeling pity for demons who have assassinated a bunch of people as innocent as them when they went through difficult times. But it did feel good when Gyutaro stabbed that old woman's eye.

Aimer's OP and ED were absolute bangers, ufotable never misses on music. Ryota Osaka and Sawashiro-san performances as the antagonists were excellent as always. I kind of wanted to see more of Uzui's techniques but the poison took the better of him. Douma voice actor is another win for the show. Though, I don't expect him to appear in the near future.

Let's hope next season comes sooner than later.

8/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Feb 13, 2022 8:20 PM
Aug 2020
Borderline cried when Gyotaro and Daki were having their last dialogues, it was such a beautiful scene to me and overall I have to say that the empathy towards the villains has to be one of Demon Slayer's greatest points, never fails to move me.
Feb 13, 2022 8:39 PM

Apr 2018
Blue_Maroon said:
McGuffin Nezuko here to save the day with ass-pulls that stop the blood slashes from killing everyone and cure everyone of the poison. So lazy and I’m sick of it. A really long flashback to make the demons more sympathetic. How they finished it was ok, but took way too long to get there.

All in all, this season was a bit difficult to rate because there were so many plot holes, ass-pulls, bad comedy, and it took forever to really get going. But from a production standpoint it’s one of the best of all time.

I’ll land on a low 7 for now.

Yeah, same here to be honest. Other than sick animations, the storyline was meh. Lots of asspulls and plot armors. I did not feel anything with their (Daki and Gyuutaro) backstories. Overall, an underwhelming season.

7/10
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

187 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

263 by NadiaEros »»
Apr 6, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.