Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 24, 2021 12:58 AM

Aug 2008
This show turned out to be surprisingly decent but there's still one big qualm about it: save for 3 major characters, Alba are either cartoonishly evil or stupid. Rolling your eyes at poorly written antagonist really breaks the immersion.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 24, 2021 2:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Antanaru said:
This show turned out to be surprisingly decent but there's still one big qualm about it: save for 3 major characters, Alba are either cartoonishly evil or stupid. Rolling your eyes at poorly written antagonist really breaks the immersion.

Agree. I hope there comes a bit more nuanced portrayal of some of them at some point. Any society with a population so stupid/cruel would collapse very quickly under the weight of it's own terrible decision making.

Other than that I really enjoy the show.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2021 2:52 AM
May 2008
Antanaru said:

Well the Alba is not the antagonist of the show, now even the series. The antagonist is the Legion and a Shephard.
May 24, 2021 3:40 AM

Aug 2008
UTMAN said:
Antanaru said:

Well the Alba is not the antagonist of the show, now even the series. The antagonist is the Legion and a Shephard.
Legion might be the main antagonist but Alba are portrayed as antagonists as well, just so badly you can't even treat them seriously. They are acting against people you're supposed to be rooting for.If you don't want to see them as antagonists, then they are a piece of really bad word building then.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 24, 2021 3:56 AM
Apr 2021
Antanaru said:
If you don't want to see them as antagonists, then they are a piece of really bad word building then.

Yeah, it's very annoying how the world building in many stories is really poor. Like a war drama i read some time ago in which an obviously evil country declared war on another that's practically eight times its size and they are very zealous in exterminating everyone that can give them a hand (they are even greeted as liberators at the start) for racism. Obviously they end up zergrushed LOMAO XD The worst plot hole is their fixation with blonde hair and blue eyes when their leaders are not even blonde XD
How absurd, in real life things like that never happen XD
Seriously, read some history. Countries collapse for stupidity, not because Lelouch defeated them at a match of chess.
May 24, 2021 4:16 AM
May 2008
Antanaru said:
UTMAN said:

Legion might be the main antagonist but Alba are portrayed as antagonists as well, just so badly you can't even treat them seriously. They are acting against people you're supposed to be rooting for.If you don't want to see them as antagonists, then they are a piece of really bad word building then.

No not really?

The Republic even though are assholes:
- They provide the 86 some weapons/ vehicle
- 1 month worth of supply

Well the moment they started this whole thing the whole "rooting" for them is out of quetion. There is a reason why the Alba is trying to get rid of the 86. But you are more busy blindly hating on them rather than thinking about it.
May 24, 2021 5:04 AM

Aug 2008
UTMAN said:
Antanaru said:

No not really?

The Republic even though are assholes:
- They provide the 86 some weapons/ vehicle
- 1 month worth of supply

Well the moment they started this whole thing the whole "rooting" for them is out of quetion. There is a reason why the Alba is trying to get rid of the 86. But you are more busy blindly hating on them rather than thinking about it.
They said this episode it was for the next rotation. Every single unnamed person in the military acts in a way that wouldn't be allowed in any workplace. So far there's nothing shown to justify Alba's actions, so there's nothing to think about. It would be possible to discuss thins but you're too busy being a tosser and throwing strawman non arguments around.

@Lambdalith If German-Russian relations during WW2 are so simple to you, then your whole knowledge must be based solely on american movies... Nice pot shot by the way. I come from a place where every day you still see the results of atrocities committed together by Germans and Russians, so go ahead, continue your asinine preaching.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 24, 2021 5:23 AM
May 2008
Antanaru said:

They said this episode it was for the next rotation. Every single unnamed person in the military acts in a way that wouldn't be allowed in any workplace. So far there's nothing shown to justify Alba's actions, so there's nothing to think about. It would be possible to discuss thins but you're too busy being a tosser and throwing strawman non arguments around.

And? My point still stands. The new recruits getting brand new Juggernauts. It's safe to assume that the recent cast got new ones aswell after they were sent there.

"So far there's nothing shown to justify Alba's actions"

Maybe because you don't have all the information yet? Maybe because there's still 4 episoedes left?

Yeah I agree. You are too busy to jump into conclusions, and being butthurt when someone calls out your BS and being bad faith. Have fun.
UTMANMay 24, 2021 5:27 AM
May 24, 2021 5:24 AM
May 2017
Umm, wtf, it is like I am watching an entirely different anime.
86 showing emotion? Side characters actually having a reasonable amount of screentime? Worldbuilding? Even Cinderella is actually doing things besides eating cake.
In case anyone would misunderstand, I am really impressed with this episode. It is like they are doing everything right that they were doing a terrible job in the first 6 episodes.
I would say they didn't carry the fanservice too far, also it is not fanservice for the sake of fanservice, but sorta makes sense in the portrayal of the characters.

We also have a reasoning why the 86-s doing all this, I personally totally disagree with their reasoning, but at least there is one.

Overall it was a really good episode, my question is why did we have to wait 7 episodes for this? We are at around 2/3rd of the anime with 4 episodes remaining, we should have had stuff like this way earlier (too).
Anyway, I hope this wasn't just an episode so they can tick "side character development" on their checklist and we don't go back to where literally only the 2 MC-s matter.
imSOuniqueMay 24, 2021 5:35 AM
May 24, 2021 5:43 AM

Nov 2011
Shit man this anime is getting crazier by the week.

Lena looked Stunning in that dress. Her friend hasn't really been acting like a friend recently but I digress.

Anju has mixed blood which resulted in a very unfortunate message engraved on her back. smh damn man.

Really hope we get more episodes then 11
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 24, 2021 6:17 AM
May 2017
I don't think many have noticed, but our 86 squadron is fighting in today's Tunisia:

This is mostly theocrafting (I haven't even read the LN):
The Alba are literally the nazis. In this alternate world, the nazis won WW2, occupied the entire of Europe.
The whole nazi ideology is based on that the "echte German" (tall, blonde, blue eyes) is superior to other "races", basically everybody who is not "echte German".
The first step was eradicating the Jewish, but then after running out of them, the nazis needed new inner enemies: gypsies, homosexuals, etc. So gradually they expelled everybody else from their society, that's why in their cities everybody is looking the same (tall, blonde = tall, silver-haired in this alternate world).

The Empire is Russia, which has somehow occupied Africa too (Russia and Africa are striped on the map).
One of my big questions is why don't they just run away somewhere. Because there is nowhere to run, in front of them is the enemy, behind them is the Mediterranean Sea (that's why they are getting supplies via plane).

This is why I really miss more "political drama", the Alba are literal nazis, and the anime is so far like "eh whatevs".
imSOuniqueMay 24, 2021 6:23 AM
May 24, 2021 9:19 AM

Dec 2016
Finally they revealed the truth. If it is a execution ground then there should be a reason why they are being sent there, something like they killed many Albas in the past similar to Eldians in AoT but if it's just because of their appearance then...that's a really stupid reason.

That ending looks like it's the Boss Legion. I kinda cracked up there cuz it reminded me of those galaxy space shooter games XD
May 24, 2021 11:04 AM

May 2013
kljy said:
Mercuri said:
Please let Lena and Shin meet please don't end in a tragedy I don't want to be depress they should run away or fake their deaths.
You forgot we have 2 cour for this season?
Yes I can't wait for the 2nd cour after this 1st cour finishes but I keep thinking about how it'll end I don't want to get depress so I really don't want it to end in a tragedy.
May 24, 2021 11:21 AM
Oct 2016
i dont care what anyone says, Lena always looks good!

May 24, 2021 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
Seeing Anju cry at the start actually broke me..
May 24, 2021 9:20 PM

Oct 2015
imSOunique said:
I don't think many have noticed, but our 86 squadron is fighting in today's Tunisia:

Well, about that map... it's one of the flaws the anime had made for this adaptation. The author stated that the world of 86 is a different world from ours, with only some resemblance and some similarities here and there. So what the staff did, to include a real world map (and why Tunisia, of all places), is a big mistake that could create some misunderstanding and misinterpretation for the setting.

LN spoiler:

But, to be fair, the author herself never create a clear pictures of how the world map looks, so.. yeah it still could be set in Tunisia lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2021 9:29 PM

Apr 2018
Damn what a speech at the end of the reality of there lives.
May 25, 2021 4:42 AM
May 2017
Idk know why my tears can’t stop 💔
I love this show but i hate how dose it make me sad
May 25, 2021 8:35 AM

Dec 2008
Nice directing in this episode. "special ammunition" was a highlight.

I'm at a point where I miss some logic in the way the republic and 86 are handling this situation. How can the higher ups in the military accept such a suicidal way of tactics,"last man down" then come reinforcements/ new squad. Do they have a factory for making 86 soldiers? Seriously it makes no sense at the moment, even when they hate the 86 with passion.

I understand why Spearhead 1 doesn't rebel against the republic and doesn't let the legion pass through, but not every unit has that much honor and spirit. I would rather die than helping the republic to survive one day. They stole their human rights, their future, everything from them.

Hell, they totally don't care about you 86, just food and ammo, I still wonder why they give them any food when they want them going extinct asap.

The author is stepping on thin ice at the moment, I hope there will be answers soon.

The last scene showed this legion with advanced armor, I think it will change the war dramatically. Also this crazy artillery... republic can already surrender ahahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2021 12:06 AM

Dec 2013
Neion4ty7 said:
Arsogin said:
How can it still be under 8?

people that expected more action would have dropped it by now and scored it low also I have seen a fair bit of people have a low opinion about it whilst obviously having missed a lot of information when they talk about it which just goes with dialogue heavy shows when a majority rely on subs which especially in this episode were of questionable quality.

Another reason is there are people like me that don't score till the end and so haven't given it high scores yet. I'm sure it will go up after it finishes airing.

Just watch Muse Asia subs. They're vastly superior to CR's translation.
As for the score, I think it's fine. This show is way too censored to get good.
Most spicy stuff got censored.

Like, you know, as LN reader I was waiting for this:

And it got censored. Meh.
May 27, 2021 3:18 PM
Jul 2020
How do you guys feel about this anime so far? I think this episode was good, but I can’t help, but feel like so far everything could’ve been better. Like the build up of characters and all. Having talking scenes a lot is good, but I just think there was so much more potential in those gathering scenes. Like idk, some way to make us feel way more attached the each character so that each death and each of their actions felt so much more meaningful. Don’t get me wrong, death is sad, but I just feel like it could’ve been way more. Like for example, the feeling of To Your Eternity’s first episode for example. Two completely different animes, I get it, and so I can’t really directly compare. But I feel like this show had that potential. Introducing us with some sad scene possibly and going forward to explain it. Like a really good hook, and continuation where there’s lots of sadness, yet the message clearly comes through. So you feel sad, but you also understand their mindset. It’s hard to explain, but basically you understand not just from words they say, but from seeing who they are. Maybe more flashbacks of their childhood, or what lead up to this basically. Cause I had high hopes for this anime based on the Light Novel, and it’s not like it’s doing bad, it just could be much better.
May 27, 2021 7:12 PM
Jan 2021
Schmeks said:
How do you guys feel about this anime so far? I think this episode was good, but I can’t help, but feel like so far everything could’ve been better. Like the build up of characters and all. Having talking scenes a lot is good, but I just think there was so much more potential in those gathering scenes. Like idk, some way to make us feel way more attached the each character so that each death and each of their actions felt so much more meaningful. Don’t get me wrong, death is sad, but I just feel like it could’ve been way more. Like for example, the feeling of To Your Eternity’s first episode for example. Two completely different animes, I get it, and so I can’t really directly compare. But I feel like this show had that potential. Introducing us with some sad scene possibly and going forward to explain it. Like a really good hook, and continuation where there’s lots of sadness, yet the message clearly comes through. So you feel sad, but you also understand their mindset. It’s hard to explain, but basically you understand not just from words they say, but from seeing who they are. Maybe more flashbacks of their childhood, or what lead up to this basically. Cause I had high hopes for this anime based on the Light Novel, and it’s not like it’s doing bad, it just could be much better.

Ummmmm There's still 4 eps left........ and i know this series has much potential than anything this season so we need to wait and see i guess if it's gonna be mind blowing or car crush
May 27, 2021 7:30 PM
Jan 2015
Rickydory123 said:
Finally they revealed the truth. If it is a execution ground then there should be a reason why they are being sent there, something like they killed many Albas in the past similar to Eldians in AoT but if it's just because of their appearance then...that's a really stupid reason.

Antanaru said:

Well that's accurate to how racism is irl, its evil, stupid, and ultimately unjustifiable. Just look at Nazi Germany.
-MahesvaraMay 27, 2021 8:35 PM
My Queens

May 28, 2021 6:10 AM

Feb 2019
Seeing Anju cry was hard to see. Every time I watch an episode of this anime, it hurts and really makes me grieve for the ones who've been killed, and those that doubtless will come.

The job is gradually taking its toll on Lena. She's less energetic, more sombre and melancholic. Even if she's not on the frontlines, I think she's becoming traumatised too... the screams, the vivid descriptions of how the 86ers die.

That juxtaposition of the fireworks and the battle... I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Four of them, wiped out, just like that. No final moment, no valiant struggle. This show really hits home that reality. Felt like a gut punch. It was depressing to see how few of them were left. The scenes in the dorm used to look so lively. Now there's what, a dozen of them left?

I had an inkling that they were possibly suicide squads, sent to the front to die. I didn't think that the Republic did that just to kill them, but maybe use them as effectively as possible since they were the best obviously, without a care to their survival. But it turns out, it's much more sinister than that.

It's great how this show reminds us again that not all Albas are bad, not just Lena is good, and not all 86ers are good. Racism is present even among 86ers, and it seems the number of Albas that were sent out to District 86, lived, fought, and died along with the non-Alba 86ers isn't few at all. I was surprised to learn that three of them had Alba blood, though that would explain Anju's bright hair colour.

Although I love all the shows I'm watching this season so far, and the other shows I still want to see very much, I must say I can't wait to watch more of this. This might be the anime this season that I look forward to the most so far.

On a brighter note, it was pretty funny seeing Lena being so nervous trying to send that "special ammunition" to Spearhead, and even bribing the officer lol
May 29, 2021 9:08 AM

Mar 2018
Lena blush cute as always, nice to see her look out for her squadron.

Wow, tough reality being an 86, especially the part of the Spearhead Squadron, alive only to be dead. There is no escaping, but they won't go down without a fight; very noble.
May 30, 2021 12:12 PM

May 2015
I'm really curious to see how this series ends. I doubt it'll end with them all dying. I hope we get some sort of overthrowing the government type of plot where they strike back together.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 30, 2021 12:27 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh just when you think the Alba can't be any worse...it gets worse.
Jun 1, 2021 11:34 AM

Aug 2017
They're going to die anyways. Lena should try to do something but its very hard for her.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 1, 2021 10:50 PM
Nov 2012
Ended up a bit bored after watching ep 8, and was wondering about how they made it sound like they had lost ppl to the artillery in ep 7, despite my memory only having near-misses.
So to verify I threw some numbers together, and ended up with the artillery shells having an air-time of 24 seconds at the very least. Meaning that to kill anyone moving around in a hectic combat-situation, the spotter would need literal precog in order to lead their targets adequately. Or in other words, I can only assume noone died except potentially their own sniper/artillery, if they had any such camper that remained stationary for that long. So the 'white pigs' are right, there are no casualties in that fight.

Basically (in case someone feels like verifying the math), all I did was take the given map-distance of 400km, assume an earth-like planet (radius 7 Mm, g=9.82), and calculate the smallest height of the parabola required simply to clear the curvature of the planet itself (so no thoughts given to muzzle/projectile velocity at all), and then use the free-fall time to find out how long it would take for the full arc.
And I got it to be that the straight line between 2 points on a sphere were at its furthest point(aka center) `7*10^6 * (1 - sqrt((4-sin^2(1/35)))/2) = 714 meters` away from the spheres surface (the angle comes from knowing the arclength is `400km=a*7Mm`). Which I then plugged into the formula calculating time it takes for objects to fall on earth (*2, as it needs to go up before it comes down), which gave `sqrt(2*h/g)*2 = 24 seconds`.

Then there are likely stuff relating to how technically the acceleration is not always in the same direction, and that this perhaps should have used equations for orbits instead... but I wasn't _that_ bored :p (and any difference is probably minimal).
Arguably stuff like drag could allow for paths that makes everything fall apart though, ie. paths where the shell strikes the surface _at the highest point of its arc,_ by hugging the surface until the drag makes it unable to stay in orbit.
fehaJun 1, 2021 10:58 PM
Jun 4, 2021 5:11 AM

May 2013
So the Spearhead Squadron is basically the Suicide Squad
Jun 4, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2020
this EP has to Be the Greatest Cliffhanger For the whole Season
NGL But I feel Kindda Sad Watching This ANime
Jun 4, 2021 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
This episode and the last one made me feel so depressed. More depressed than reading the light novel. :(

Jun 4, 2021 11:56 PM
Mar 2021
feha said:
Ended up a bit bored after watching ep 8, and was wondering about how they made it sound like they had lost ppl to the artillery in ep 7, despite my memory only having near-misses.
So to verify I threw some numbers together, and ended up with the artillery shells having an air-time of 24 seconds at the very least. Meaning that to kill anyone moving around in a hectic combat-situation, the spotter would need literal precog in order to lead their targets adequately. Or in other words, I can only assume noone died except potentially their own sniper/artillery, if they had any such camper that remained stationary for that long. So the 'white pigs' are right, there are no casualties in that fight.

Basically (in case someone feels like verifying the math), all I did was take the given map-distance of 400km, assume an earth-like planet (radius 7 Mm, g=9.82), and calculate the smallest height of the parabola required simply to clear the curvature of the planet itself (so no thoughts given to muzzle/projectile velocity at all), and then use the free-fall time to find out how long it would take for the full arc.
And I got it to be that the straight line between 2 points on a sphere were at its furthest point(aka center) `7*10^6 * (1 - sqrt((4-sin^2(1/35)))/2) = 714 meters` away from the spheres surface (the angle comes from knowing the arclength is `400km=a*7Mm`). Which I then plugged into the formula calculating time it takes for objects to fall on earth (*2, as it needs to go up before it comes down), which gave `sqrt(2*h/g)*2 = 24 seconds`.

Then there are likely stuff relating to how technically the acceleration is not always in the same direction, and that this perhaps should have used equations for orbits instead... but I wasn't _that_ bored :p (and any difference is probably minimal).
Arguably stuff like drag could allow for paths that makes everything fall apart though, ie. paths where the shell strikes the surface _at the highest point of its arc,_ by hugging the surface until the drag makes it unable to stay in orbit.
In the novel it was explained the group was baited to a pre-aimed area then enemy carpet bombed the whole area with artillery. You don't need to mind accuracy if you can shell the whole area itself. That's also how real world military do it.
The enemy can use such complex tactic because there's Shin's brother leading them.
kljyJun 5, 2021 12:01 AM
Jun 5, 2021 2:48 AM
Nov 2012
kljy said:
In the novel it was explained the group was baited to a pre-aimed area then enemy carpet bombed the whole area with artillery. You don't need to mind accuracy if you can shell the whole area itself. That's also how real world military do it.
The enemy can use such complex tactic because there's Shin's brother leading them.

Carpet-bombing, or artillery barrages in general, are not exactly complex tactics :p But in the anime I got the clear impression that this was neither of those, but rather pin-point strikes attempting to hit directly on their targets. The carpet-bombing happened before, when they were randomly firing all over any ambush-spots any enemy might possibly be hiding in.
Jun 5, 2021 4:39 AM
Mar 2021
feha said:
kljy said:

Carpet-bombing, or artillery barrages in general, are not exactly complex tactics :p But in the anime I got the clear impression that this was neither of those, but rather pin-point strikes attempting to hit directly on their targets. The carpet-bombing happened before, when they were randomly firing all over any ambush-spots any enemy might possibly be hiding in.
I mean complex based on Legion's standard who usually didn't have commander to lead them and attacks with no tactic at all.

The previous wide area random (not random at all) carpet bombing was the bait to lure 86 to designed area for the real carpet bombing. Because Legion has designed the area of ambush beforehand, they tightened the bombing area to get higher chance of hitting target directly.
This is why 86 successfully got ambushed.
kljyJun 5, 2021 5:01 AM
Jun 5, 2021 5:05 AM
May 2008
@feha

What you missed here I think is that you set the range to 400 km, which is not what happened in the anime. The fact that the unit is capable or firing from 400km distance doesn't mean the shots came from that distance aswell. The shot was came from 120 km (and it was stated in the anime too. Check the imgur link for source), which would increase the artillery's punctuality drastically while reducing the shells travel/air time.

https://imgur.com/wZxO1Nx

Also you can assume favourable weather conditions aswell, since the rain had little to no angle.
UTMANJun 5, 2021 5:13 AM
Jun 6, 2021 3:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hearing about their conditions on how that whole thing is just "fake" and that they're sentenced to death was just heartbreaking... I'm also interested to see what kind of scar Anju has, it looked weird
Jun 10, 2021 6:36 AM

Feb 2016
this anime is the most overrated anime this season
Jun 13, 2021 9:17 AM

Apr 2020
This episode proves once again why Sawano is goat!

It was an emotional and beautiful episode ... the best episode so far

5/5
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Jun 21, 2021 8:28 AM

Apr 2018
What a miserable world.
Jul 10, 2021 3:51 AM

Jul 2014
The stuff he said at the end was so real
Jul 10, 2021 10:39 AM

Aug 2016
Now it's time for real grim and despair time.
Aug 2, 2021 11:10 AM

May 2015
Anju had some hard time right?? :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 5, 2021 5:54 PM
Oct 2019
yea, this show has lost me. not a fan of the numerous different flashbacks/timelines within each episode. not a fan of the white princess pig commander chick who is an annoying dumbass. she's totally clueless and worthless. the show thinks it's being edgy(?) at times but it just makes me roll my eyes and fast forward to the end of whatever scene/speech

i mean, that was supposed to be a big reveal, right? how the 86 are intentionally killed off by the 85, and they never actually earn their freedom. except that wasan obvious question all the way back in episode 1, along with the 85 being entirely untrustworthy

dropping this to a 6/10. disappointing
Aug 8, 2021 7:22 PM

Oct 2013
melodrama because I fought with my best friend: :vomit:

melodrama because I'm literally part of a cultural genocide, while me and my companions are systemic guinea pigs and war pawns made to watch each other die gruesome deaths every day while no one will remember us or know that we existed: PepeHands PepeHands PepeHands

even nailed the good ol' epic feels piano crescendo while fireworks explode over heartfelt lines. Anime & fireworks is a more iconic duo than tit physics & anime.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 18, 2021 12:08 AM
Apr 2018
"You remember my brother, right? Thank you. That made me happy. Because i wasn't able to remember him."

NOUZEN :Will you remember us as well, Major?
MILIZE : Of course i will. But... before that, i won't let you die. I won't let anyone else die.

Although the reality is far from what MILIZE said, but its still comforting her say that.

"But then, what about SHIN? Who will carry his heart?"

SHIN and the rest of '86' members tells the truth about what will happen to them at this point. All of there were sent by the White Pigs only to die on the battlefield.

It is during these times, i wish this were a SHOUNEN anime & the protagonist be like SAITAMA (from OPM), but that's just it.
Aug 22, 2021 12:11 AM

Jan 2017
The fireworks scene alongside the promise Shin and Lena said was beautiful, only to be followed up by the cruel truth of the 86 system
Sep 29, 2021 11:15 AM

Oct 2017
The 86 knew/know they are going to die yet still fight for the people that put them there anyway.

Oct 7, 2021 8:20 PM

Apr 2020
Wow Lena wore a black dress to the Revolution Party, and...that's weird. Also nice to see that the Squadron had a good time playing with fireworks. And that's the only scenes we really got in this episode, because the rest are bombshells, revelations, and of course death.

Jeez this episode was tough to swallow, the plot and the direction is just too thick. The only thing I can really note is how the Revolution party's date in 86 (which is August 26) is just ONE DAY AFTER than the release date of The Beatles song "Revolution" back in (August 25) 1968...something for my brain to pump out.
Oct 13, 2021 6:26 AM

Jun 2020
The 86 have some fireworks in their hands never knew they'll have a go at it at least

I'm amazed how gorgeous Lena looks in any dress she wears just speechless even though it's black and it doesn't seem fitting with the ballroom

Facing the hard reality even though we already knew but breaking down to this it's never been that heartbreaking to hear how they'll end up after the war or should I say their deaths.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

462 by SantiOtakito »»
May 29, 5:52 AM

» Eighty-Six: The Complete Season avalable for purchase on digital

jorel262 - May 22

2 by IhnalakoKaina »»
May 22, 10:05 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

433 by yuyiyu »»
May 22, 6:47 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2021

243 by lordmisanthrope »»
May 16, 1:34 PM

» 86 LN starts its Final Arc with the next Light Novel volume 14.

darksideee - Jan 11

32 by KitsuFrost »»
May 1, 7:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.