Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 16, 2021 6:24 PM

Mar 2018
Tirihas said:
Alpha_Druid said:

Never said their actions didn't made sense or not. Read my post properly before replying and if you did then stop putting words into my mouth. I guess this is expected of a fanboy(?). Also, the OP isn't the source material so idk why you even mentioned that. And I never complained about the subversion part for the Nanami fight because it worked there bit didn't work here. Point is, the author is just subverting for the sake of doing it. Whether it works or not is none of his concern.

The author is a hack. He is probably told to do this by his editor probably considering the arcs so far have been really half baked with a lack of coherence and no proper conclusions, the subversion being a hit or miss, being full of comedy gags at every moment it gets, etc.

Damn dude chill.
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm a mindless fanboy who thinks JJK has no flaws.
Similarly, just because you dislike parts of the series doesn't make you a mindless hater(?) who thinks JJK is all flaws.

You hated Nanami getting saved last episode.
So I figured you felt that:
"JJK(the entire series not just this episode) fails at subverting expectations"
My bad.

I also don't get the editor thing? You're saying his editor told him to do the scene this way, which ruined it for you.
And your proof is the previous arcs' endings and structures sucked?
What?
How can you tell the differnce between the editor and author?
Plus, even though this scene shows the author's a "hack" you agree the characters' actions make sense.

So taking all of this into consideration,
Do you understand my point of view?

No, the editor controlling things is the impression I got. I won't be surprised if it's true though. Or maybe the author is just that bad at writing. Either way he is a hack. Trying to shove his pseudo intellectual stuff down our throats without any subtlety or tact. Moreover, the characters just aren't strong enough/developed enough to support the words they're spouting.
Jan 16, 2021 7:02 PM

Aug 2020
we got another rie kugiyima loli lol. Someone tell me what yuuji's phone is that camera quality is insane. Welp looks like we'll get an action episode next. This was a good episode to catch breaths especially with what happen last episode.

Todou is getting really annoying tho i gotta say
Jan 16, 2021 7:13 PM

May 2012
Finally it's back! And wow, the OP2 visuals is soooo stunning and hype! Although I still need time to get used to the OP2 song. And Cö shu Nie in the ED!!!! Love it :)

I never thought that the Kyoto principal will literally order the students to kill Yuuji during the tournament. That's so underhanded. But looking forward to the tournament. I am expecting that Getou & co will sabotage the event as what I can predict in the OP.

Jan 16, 2021 7:22 PM

Mar 2016
New OP loos pretty sweet, I like it but damn the ED with how it portrays Yuuji recording the memories and time he's spending with his friends, coupled with the beautiful vocals, it's amazing!

So, the Kyoto students are here with the Tokyo students, and finally Yuuji made his entrance! Quite hilarious but expected how nobody would be awfully happy and are instead mildly shocked. Though it's nice to see how Nobara and Megumi are actually happy to see him alive. Now that they're back they have to start worrying about others targeting Yuuji as Sukuna's vessel.

Jan 16, 2021 7:24 PM
Sep 2020
Yeah, the story is cool. But the new op people. Omg. GOD TIER.
Jan 16, 2021 7:50 PM

Mar 2018
There is a new OP and a new ED for this cour. They are both trash not gonna lie. Not gonna talk about the visuals because the main focus of an OP/ED is the song. The visuals are just complementary. Like, there is no meaning to be had in OP visuals. That's the most useless thing an anime can have. Atleast a banger song can go to my playlist but I digress. All of the OPs and EDs we got in JJK are honestly trash and only people with shit taste in music will like them.
Jan 16, 2021 8:43 PM

Jul 2016
Well, first of all, the new OP is absolutely stunning visually speaking. It seems the same group that worked on KAIKAIKITAN made a return and I couldn't be happier with the end result. Already contender for best OP of 2021 in my book.

As for the episode, it sure was an entertaining one. Was expecting something more emotive concerning Yuuji's "return from the death" moment but guess the series preferred the comical approach instead.

Regarding Toudou tho... seeing him getting so pissed about missing the show of his favorite Idol was hilarious. This dude definitely makes simping look manly xD
Jan 16, 2021 9:01 PM

Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:

No, the editor controlling things is the impression I got. I won't be surprised if it's true though. Or maybe the author is just that bad at writing. Either way he is a hack. Trying to shove his pseudo intellectual stuff down our throats without any subtlety or tact. Moreover, the characters just aren't strong enough/developed enough to support the words they're spouting.

Hmmm I haven't felt that's the case.
For example the dialogue in the natural death talk in episode 13 between Nanami and Yuji didn't feel too "advanced" for their characters.
Yuji was confused about what natural deaths are and asked Nanami for wisdom.
Was killing those kids natural? They were already fucked up, so he was putting them out of their misery right? But I doubt that makes him feel better.
He also wanted to kill Mahito.
Yuji wanted to murder a "person" so strongly that it made him feel like everything he'd ever said before "I'll kill you" was a lie.
Was that natural?
Mahito even lamp shaded it "I'm an evvvvvil curse, don't you mean you'll exorcise me?"

Plus it ties back into his fear he told Junpei in episode 11.
One of the reasons Yuji is so driven to save people is that he believes every life has value.(His foil is Mahito for obvious reasons)
When Junpei asked him if he'd kill evil sorcerers, he said no because he feared he'd stop valuing life, bringing him closer to Mahito's way of thinking and harming his motivation to save people.

Then Nanami took basically went " Dividing people into good and evil so you can give them peace and punishment deaths is impossible. I don't know. That sounds exhausting. Please don't die"
Thus continues our hero's search for the "right death" for both others and himself.

Damn this got a bit long.
I hope I don't sound like a fan-boy(?) who's opinion you can immediately dismiss lol.
Jan 16, 2021 10:36 PM

Mar 2018
Tirihas said:
Alpha_Druid said:

Hmmm I haven't felt that's the case.
For example the dialogue in the natural death talk in episode 13 between Nanami and Yuji didn't feel too "advanced" for their characters.
Yuji was confused about what natural deaths are and asked Nanami for wisdom.
Was killing those kids natural? They were already fucked up, so he was putting them out of their misery right? But I doubt that makes him feel better.
He also wanted to kill Mahito.
Yuji wanted to murder a "person" so strongly that it made him feel like everything he'd ever said before "I'll kill you" was a lie.
Was that natural?
Mahito even lamp shaded it "I'm an evvvvvil curse, don't you mean you'll exorcise me?"

Plus it ties back into his fear he told Junpei in episode 11.
One of the reasons Yuji is so driven to save people is that he believes every life has value.(His foil is Mahito for obvious reasons)
When Junpei asked him if he'd kill evil sorcerers, he said no because he feared he'd stop valuing life, bringing him closer to Mahito's way of thinking and harming his motivation to save people.

Then Nanami took basically went " Dividing people into good and evil so you can give them peace and punishment deaths is impossible. I don't know. That sounds exhausting. Please don't die"
Thus continues our hero's search for the "right death" for both others and himself.

Damn this got a bit long.
I hope I don't sound like a fan-boy(?) who's opinion you can immediately dismiss lol.

It wasn't too advanced or anything just that the characters especially yuuji aren't even that upto par for such simple things. Yuuji was goofing around for the most part. And now he is serious he got too edgy. Like i don't take them seriously because the story doesn't take them seriously lol.
Jan 17, 2021 12:42 AM

Sep 2020
dissapointing tbh,need moar sorcery preview
Jan 17, 2021 2:56 AM

Oct 2020
Mappa really gives their all in the visual of the op and ed. Unfortunately, I prefer the first op song and ed song that these ones. Nevertheless, I am so hyped for this arc.
Jan 17, 2021 2:57 AM

Jan 2018
For the anime onlies curious, this isn't the last arc, there's probably another one (probably, since it was teased in the OP)
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 17, 2021 2:58 AM

Mar 2019
I can't wait to see yuuji and todo fight together.
Jan 17, 2021 6:11 AM

Nov 2018
yess glad it's back. this episode was nice too with yuuji reunited with the others.
next week should be pretty nice from the pv at the end bit.
op was nice but the ed was hella nice. really creative with the phone camera thingy.
hi
Jan 17, 2021 7:40 AM
Oct 2019
Kyoto Team students looks interesting and intimidating...

Lmao Idatori and Gojou surprised idea didn't work at all...

Todou be like fuck y'all that's not important to me, i have better thing to do: Simping Takada-chan...
Jan 17, 2021 9:19 AM

Oct 2019
I liked how we got to learn a little more about Inumaki. That was cool.
The new opening was pretty good and I liked the visuals. Yuji seemed drawn oddly at the end of the opening tho lol.
The ending was alright, I don’t think anything will beat Lost in Paradise tho. They set the bar too high lmao
Overall a downgrade from the first opening and ending but still good.
Excited for the Kyoto Sister School arc!
Jan 17, 2021 10:09 AM

Jan 2009
The comedy was lame as hell, it's always been to be honest, but more so in this episode, also I'm not really interested in the next fight.

Not a good episode overall, I dropped the rating to 7/10 for now, hopefully things'll get better.
Jan 17, 2021 10:27 AM

Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:

It wasn't too advanced or anything just that the characters especially yuuji aren't even that upto par for such simple things. Yuuji was goofing around for the most part. And now he is serious he got too edgy. Like i don't take them seriously because the story doesn't take them seriously lol.

Hmm well that's incredibly subjective lol.

So Yuji's character sucks because he was goofy and now that the story's serious he doesn't fit the "simple" topic of natural deaths?
Comedy and horror can blend well though.
Volcano-head was smoking a transfigured human Mahito made for him this episode.
That was funny in a fucked up way.

I'm curious , can you tell me what would "improve" Yuji as a character
so that he could be properly embody the themes of the story?
Jan 17, 2021 10:43 AM

Nov 2019
Oppapī - OCEAN PACIFIC PEACE hahaha .
Jujutsu is back yay.
I like the dynamic between Itadori and Gojou-Sensei. I love seeing them together.
Jan 17, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2014
wtf man! okay i get it that they were trying to be funny but Yuuji's appearance was so lacklustre to the point where i just felt super uncomfortable. That was such a big chance to have a big reveal like save someone in the nick of time but that was wasted ffs.. on a more positive note the op and ed are too fire
Jan 17, 2021 11:23 PM
Oct 2020
I really like the new opening and ending, idk why it seemed so realistic. Apart from that, I jujutsu always has some of the thrilling moments. Just kike gojou was discussing how someone from the academy was involved. But I totally loved the episode. And wth, how yuuji showed up and then fushiguro, Nobara, both of their reaction were hilarious. Lol
Jan 18, 2021 6:03 AM
May 2019
I love the way they show the villains' part. Even from their perspective they are pure evil, but it's stigmatized bad guys have to be angry and destructive all the time. So they swim.

The bullying to Itadori was clever... I would have the same reaction.

Loved both op and ending, but the song from the first one is a more generic. Art from both are awesome, the ending's framework and colours are marvelous.
Jan 18, 2021 5:47 PM
Jun 2017
As always this episode was great and it caused my weekly thought of considering if I want to read the manga, still considering lul.
In this episode I really liked some of the newish characters introduced like Utahime and Kasumi but am not so keen on some of the others but that's fine its inevitable in any show especially a shounen.
But all that aside and getting to the reason I'm writing about this episode specifically and that is that the only REAL negative for this series so far was in this episode and that is that my precious op and ed have been taken away which makes my very sad, I'm especially grieving the loss of my ed.

I do not mind the new op and ed they're alright but the old ones were just way better.
Jan 18, 2021 7:13 PM
Mar 2012
Nice starts out quite funny unlike first cour.
Mahito looks surprisingly well recovered.
OP looks heavier. why elephant & a gorilla lol???
ED is fantastic, just rather it not be trolling again like they did Junpei.
Quite some dialogue made no sense, maybe subs issue or they talking of sorcerers & events not shown yet?
Jan 18, 2021 8:37 PM
Dec 2020
Hilarious episode. If the anime adaption continues to be this high quality, this anime will come down as one of the best of all time. Like the new characters designs. New op is good (great visuals) and the ed is great too. Re:zero, aot, and jkk are just some of the loaded anime’s airing this winter!
Jan 18, 2021 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! future eps is gonna be hype as f**k! this is gonna be a wild ride!
there's gonna be lots of awesome clashes on this one! jujutsu sorcerer vs jujutsu sorcerer of 1st, 2nd and 3rd years! damn!
visuals of the OP is truly stunning!!!
5/5.

Jan 18, 2021 9:54 PM

Aug 2017
Damn Gojo. That was heartless and hilarious at the same time.

Also, Nobara was about to cry!! <3

Jan 19, 2021 8:38 PM

Sep 2018
Gojou is so wacky but honestly.. he's not that funny >,< he's handsome though without the blindfold.
Yuuji's comeback is so bland lol his friends didn't react that much.  
Jan 20, 2021 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
This is one of the few anime that actually makes me laugh audibly at gags. Glad I picked this up.
uh oh!
Jan 22, 2021 4:16 AM

Feb 2020
The comedy in this anime is mostly lame but I still enjoy the battle scenes and everything else.
Jan 23, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2008
Yuuji is back and no one cared, lol.

And Utahime huh, just found a new best girl.

And I want the old ED back.
Jan 24, 2021 8:07 AM

Jan 2021
Lighthearted episode setting up for the next arc. Comedy's still meh but whatever.

I like how they just casually brush off the issue of a talking panda each time it's brought up lol.

Still don't like Toudou and Mai. Miwa and that witch girl might be the only ones I've liked so far from the Kyoto branch.

First episode reminded me of Bleach so much but as the show went on, it's starting to look more like Naruto to me.

New OP is good and animation's great as always. I honestly like it better than the first one. This kind of moody melancholic rock songs just fits my taste perfectly. New ED's meh though. Didn't like it all. The visuals were cute though.
Jan 25, 2021 12:41 PM

Aug 2019
Jujutsu's humor is just on another level. I myself like to say random stuff like Goujou senpai. I don't know many people like that in real life, and from what I can tell this isn't the typical japanese humor, so seeing it in an anime like that, especially in jujutsu, is just a completly different experience for me. So just for that alone I already love Jujutsu.

I don't know how this "kill Itadori" thing will turn out. Since it's Jujutsu we're talking about we could see a few deaths potentially and that makes me worried.

The op is as good as I expected, especially the fight sequence in the roof with the elephants. I was like wait wtf. But then the characters that were looked so badass, especially that one who was kind of flying back and had his cape swinging and shit. that was dope.

The first person view of the ed is mind blowing. The level of detail and realism they managed to acomplish with that blew my mind, but again, that's just jujutsu for you.

I'm so hyped for this second cour, let's go!🔥
Jan 27, 2021 3:44 AM

Jul 2013
Man with the nature of this show I knew their reunion would be something like that. Still funny though lol
Jan 30, 2021 1:52 AM

Sep 2018
Episode that goes great like all previous episodes: the narrative knows how to mix the serious with the joke without the two things being in antithesis, indeed the comedy is really spot on with the narration even when the context gets serious. The new characters glimpsed in the past and already in the opening seem interesting even if their physical appearance is not so sought after, on the contrary the little girl with blonde hair reminds me of a character from another anime series, which does not occur to me now, oh well! The character of Itadori and Gojo are both hilarious, with them laughter is always guaranteed.
Jan 30, 2021 7:14 PM

Dec 2020
aww i'll miss the old op and ed but these new ones arent bad :)
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Feb 6, 2021 7:37 PM

Jan 2019
The vertical camera thing in the ED is absolutely stunning. Easily the best of the season.

Also, I'd definitely watch Gojou-sensei talk about the separation of church and state.

I'm so glad to be finally catching up on this.
Feb 8, 2021 5:23 AM
May 2012
They know how to make great OP and ED.....but that's about it with this show.
Feb 13, 2021 1:08 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The new opening and ending are A+mazing, very fluid, and alive.
I expected a different kind of reunion but this one was hilarious and good on its own way.
Feb 24, 2021 8:13 AM

Aug 2017
Pretty good start for the second cour. I like the new OP, and at least it won't be a boring tournament.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 25, 2021 3:47 AM
Nov 2020
I was excited about their reaction but it was 😂😂
Feb 25, 2021 4:24 AM
Feb 2021
Nice episod but i was hoping to see a better reaction
Feb 25, 2021 5:13 AM
Nov 2020
Nice episode I liked the new characters
Feb 28, 2021 3:55 AM

Mar 2019
Man, I already miss the first ending... it was such a banger! The new one is good as well but it will definitely take me a while to get used to it. xd
OωO
Mar 16, 2021 3:41 AM
Sep 2018
this episode was really cool to watch
Mar 16, 2021 10:27 PM
Dec 2020
The gang is finally back and they looking badass. This tournament arc finna be fire I can tell hell’s action is gonna happen. Also Gojou is a different breed man and he’s too funny. Also I can feel A Itadori VS Megumi as a finale of this show.
Mar 17, 2021 10:01 PM
Mar 2021
Loved this episode great way to resume the anime. I loved the opening very much. I also loved how this guy reviewed the episode in the video by this link:
http://evolterr.com/F4b
Mar 21, 2021 12:57 PM
Feb 2021
WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THE OUTRO IT WAS SO GOOOOOD I LOVED IT SO MUCH ( ≧Д≦)
Mar 23, 2021 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
I'm hoping there's going to be a good fight between Kyoto and Tokyo.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 26, 2021 4:45 PM

Mar 2019
Well I have to be honest. I'm kind of disappointed at how Yuuji made his return. Was expecting something more. I'm interested to see how everyone will react when they see his growth. Also the plot at the beginning is unexpected. I'm curious if this 2nd half will include this fight.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

646 by OutPieNova »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

303 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 4:24 AM

» Jjk fans just CANNOT help themselves from spoiling everything ( 1 2 )

LillyTheHoover - Jan 4

72 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

277 by lorenz07 »»
May 28, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
May 27, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.