Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 30, 2020 5:50 AM

Aug 2020
I only got one thing to say, WOW. This animation, the god tier OST (Yuki Kajiura you madlad), the hype, holy shit man. And all this isn't speculation, this week's episode got 90 FUCKING awards on Reddit's anime discussion on r/anime, and I'm also hoping to see SAO on #1 on top 10 anime weekly poll on Anime Corner and Anitrendz as well. All of this proves how insanely good this week's episode was.

Also NOTE, this is the last time we will see Eugeo appear in front of Kirito or help Kirito, Eugeo's will and memory is merged with the sword, he literally came and helped Kirito but it is mentioned that each time he showed up more of him would be consumed that's why after this Kirito said "Good bye Eugeo" and he felt most of his will from the sword is already gone. I never liked Eugeo that much but this made me respect him even more, we will all miss you, R.I.P 2nd best boi.
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Aug 30, 2020 6:02 AM

Jun 2016
always eugeo ,eugeo and eugoe in kirito mind !!!

thats so disgusting and gayshit !!!
Aug 30, 2020 6:34 AM

Mar 2012
It's so sad that such good animation is wasted on such a terrible story. This episode felt like a high budget parody of every anime final battle ever.
Aug 30, 2020 6:51 AM

May 2019
hahaha

This episode in short description:

- KiriJesus can perform ANYTHING now, even make animals reborn into eggs (that Alice carried to where?)

- Unlimited Budget Works in the fight.

- Evil-Angel Gabriel and KiriJesus doesn't give a f* anymore. A battle of asspull techniques from the realm of Random.

- Cringe party of the power of Friendship and Love.

- Please can someone finally exorcise Eugeo? His ghost Ex-Machina is too much overused right now.

- And now Kirito and Asuna will spent 200 years in their fantasy world, free from the other harem girls, where they will have a eternity of sex, and kids, and 10 minutes later in the real world they will become braindead potatoes until their bodies die.

~fin~

You know, after all that i still LOVE SAO as a perfect Popcorn Anime for fun.
Aug 30, 2020 7:03 AM

Dec 2015
After experience something like SNK S3P2, where everything on the story was meticulously written, I can't tolerate something like War of Underworld. Everything that happened in this episode, from start to finish, was in there for the sake of having a good looking fight, but doesn't make any sense in terms of what it was introduced before. This entire Alicization arc really had a good potential, but it slowly become into a absolutely terrible show. I was one of the people who defended SAO, saying that it wasn't as bad as other people claim to be, but this Season deserve every criticism SAO has recieved and more.
Aug 30, 2020 7:05 AM

Aug 2020
Maruseru93 said:
i know its a commong thing in anime that dead people appear before mc to make them stronger but this was to much its so bad honestly

That's because Eugeo's will and memory is with his sword, every time he appears more of him will be consumed and Eugeo used the last of his willpower to help Kirito, Kirito felt that almost all of Eugeo's will is gone, that's why he said "Goodbye Eugeo" for one last time. Eugeo was never raised from the dead.

Lelouch0202 said:
It's 200 years in the simulation, how long is that in the real world? I'm pretty sure they mentioned it but I seemed to have forgotten.

200 years on Underworld = 20 minutes in real life.

Ventus_S said:
POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!!!! (Gathering Spirit Bomb) lmao

This episode is like watching Dragon Ball or something lolz.
It'd be fine, IF any of the previous battles use similar concept in earlier part, but nah, only Gabriel and Kirito deserves the asspull.
I mean, sure , MAYBE Kirito deserves it after gathering that power of friendship spirit bomb or whatever, but the Gabriel guy's asspull is just completely out of nowhere.

I mean, at this point Gabriel is way too comedic for me to take the final battle too seriously.

Anyway, my biggest gripe of the serie is they spent literally a whole season developing Alice, to shape her into something meaningful/ important, and then proceed to completely side-line her in 3rd season and go back to being a cry-baby helpless girl who needs help from Jesus Kirito. Way to undone your character completely. Project Alicization (chuckle).

Uh, bud, you stuck in 2012? Why did you feel the need to put power of friendship in all caps, what is so wrong with power of friendship? Is it because it's "Cringy" apparently that word is trending 24/7 on MAL. "only Gabriel and Kirito deserves the asspull" The asspull you are talking about is called "Incarnation" go educate yourself on that and then come back. The only reason why Kirito and Gabriel are so strong is because Kirito and Gabriel both fully mastered Incarnation, you want every fucking person on Underworld to use strong Incarnation like Kirito? You don't make any sense. I can explain Gabriel's power to you, but it seems like no matter what I say you'll disregard it anyway cause I'm getting major "I hate SAO to look cool" vibes from you. I mean the constant use of "Lolz lmao" and cringing at the power of friendship trope, something people used to do back in 2012, what else can I say?

CrossBlack said:
All hail our God, Kirito.

This episode did a very good job in summing up SAO:

- Epic fights.
- OP main character with fabricated emotions.
- Cheesy scenes with predictable characters and cringy dialogues.
- Power of friendship and other asspulls.
- Villains that are utterly bad with clichè laughter.
- Kirito's harem.
- Everything is so predictable because the same formula has been used since season 1.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate SAO, I've come to the conclusion that it won't get better so I just enjoy it the best I can. I just had to point these out.

If you pointed all of these things out from the first season then why are you still watching this, I mean so many episodes and seasons in and you are still complaining about all this when it has been the nature of SAO since the first season, why? What is your motive?

Ventus_S said:
Thank you for summing up SAO in general. Exactly my feeling after watching SAO Alicization.
The worst part is Kirito actually did not deserve all this because he is completely absent from the brutal fight during season 2.
Basically all the characters' efforts and dedication are wasted/ undone, just to praise Kirito to god high level, even though he is completely absent in this journey. (Or to put it bluntly, he is the reason human world is dying and losing cuz he killed Administrator lolz )

The fight is epic but it is not deserved because there's no buildup for it. There's no emotional investment in it because mc is literally not involved in all this to begin with.
Like it is actually the FIRST TIME Kirito met Gabriel as a person/ villain. They have no connection or chemistry, they just met for the FIRST TIME. Gabriel is just a random villain showing out of nowhere in Kirito's perspective.

Don't get me started Gabriel is even worse compare to Kirito cuz his asspull doesn't even have merit. Just cuz he crave for soul and is a psychopath makes him invincible in UW as someone who logged in with another random account from a different game? Like WHAT?

"The worst part is Kirito actually did not deserve all this because he is completely absent from the brutal fight during season 2." Season 2? What the hell are you talking about? Kirito was present and perfectly fine in season 2, he fought Death Gun in GGO with Sinon. Which season 2 are you talking about? What the heck? "Basically all the characters' efforts and dedication are wasted/ undone, just to praise Kirito to god high level, even though he is completely absent in this journey. (Or to put it bluntly, he is the reason human world is dying and losing cuz he killed Administrator lolz )" Please stop saying "Lolz" I cringe every time you say that. He is the reason human world is dying? What? What? Are you actually bad in English or are you child? What the hell are you saying? Kirito is the reason the human world is dying? When did the human world start dying? Which Sword Art Online are you watching?

"Like it is actually the FIRST TIME Kirito met Gabriel as a person/ villain. They have no connection or chemistry, they just met for the FIRST TIME. Gabriel is just a random villain showing out of nowhere in Kirito's perspective."
Okay man I'm done taking you seriously, I'm just done. What kind of connection do you think a MC needs with the villain in order to fight them? Your entire reply is "Lolz" thank you.

Hatsuyuki said:
This was insanely cringe, like physically hurt to watch really. The Fairy Tail tier writing with all the nakama power is really stopping me from enjoying an otherwise fun show. Literally every fight in this season played out the exact same way with some dead character coming popping up as ghosts and encouraging the protagonists and giving them some bs powerup, like all. the. time. How do people still enjoy watching the same thing over and over again at this point man. And now the author wants me to believe Kirito is actually stuck in that world for 200 years ? Yeah sure, bet Eugeo will show up again and get him out of there, or some little fairy girl Yui which is literally a convenient Deus Ex Machina that can hack into every game on the planet.

:) "How can people watch the same thing over and over again" yet you are here, 90+ episodes in and still complaining about SAO and asking people how can they like this. I also believe that you think everyone in this world should have the same likings and dislike the same thing. Funny how you think Eugeo's "ghost" appeared when it wasn't his ghost but his willpower and his memory that is contained within his sword, it was already explained after his death when fighting Quinella. Also no, Eugeo will never ever able to help or appear in front of Kirito (Unless it's inside Kirito's head) because Eugeo used the last of his willpower to help Kirito defeat Gabriel Miller, that's why Kirito said "Goodbye Eugeo" to Eugeo one last time because he felt that Eugeo's sword no longer had his willpower, it's all gone. So yeah, but not like any of this matters to you because from what I can see it's almost like you WANT to hate SAO.

avc_alonso said:
Can someone explain how Gabriel is so powerful in the Underworld with his personal avatar? I’m so lost. This second half of this season is losing me

His cruel and sadistic mindset makes it real in the Underworld, if he wants your soul, he'll turn into a Shang Tsung-level threat.

Imagination and willpower are an actual real thing in the Underworld through the Incarnate system, if you believe you are strong and have the power to overcome anything, the Incarnation will make it so.

As a sociopathic monster of a man, Gabriel Miller has no qualms on crossing the moral event horizons and kicking dogs or animals left and right, because he is not bounded by restraints and limits like morality, and thus his cruelty and sadism knows no bounds. His desire for souls fuels his megalomaniac lust and greed and the system actually manifests this as actual soul-stealing powers, and it is this belief is what makes him strong, and the Underworld is the perfect place for his wicked mindset to be turned into reality. More or less, if shonen heroes gets stronger the more they are beat or think of their friends, Gabriel is the villainous example of that trope.

On top of that, he is a real-life mercenary, who has the experience and attitude of performing murderous acts with skill as well as a legendary figure in GGO as Subtilizer, being the winner of 2 BoB after all. Hope I helped :)

lostcattears said:
it was a cringe feast... They literally destroyed what made this arc so good. Ya know the first 3 seasons... That was good.

This one it felt like the writer just didn't know how to end it epicly. Then just threw in Harem spirit bomb friendship etc... Even the ultimate final villain SUCKS. Hell the second to last villain had more character then him. KIRITO WAS LITERALLY FLYING to the final log out.

Those 2 girls ran after creating stairs like wtf....

All the good characters from the first 3 seasons were just sidelined... This last 3-4 episodes killed this Arch almost...

Kirito was pulling stuff out of his butt that he didn't know he had... Those final lines were lame cuz it didn't match anything.

Everything felt RUSHHHED Kirito revived and everything gets solved in 2 episode.

"Those 2 girls" you mean Asuna and Alice? Can you at least try harder? Sigh. Anyways, what's so surprising about Kirito flying? Kirito was first flying using sacred arts and then he flew using his Incarnated wings, what's so surprising about that? "All the good characters from the first 3 seasons were just sidelined" Yeah because this is a story about Kirito, Asuna, Alice, and the main characters, not the side characters, it's not like this was a big surprise, why are you so surprised at the fact that the story revolves around Kirito and Asuna? Huh? "Kirito was pulling stuff out of his butt that he didn't know he had" Seriously? Seriously? All of this "Asspulls" were Kirito skills from SAO that he got via Incarnation, looks like you don't even know what incarnation is in SAOverse.

Piromysl said:
Mary Sue-kun turns dragons back into eggs just like that.
Big Bad getting immense power just like that.
Eugeo and others showing up and saving the day by making an actual physical interaction, despite being dead and buried just like that.
Mary Sue-kun being able to heal himself just like that.
Irrelevant side characters still simping for Mary Sue-kun just like that.
Mary Sue-kun somehow getting his full gear and abilities from Aincard just like that.
Mary Sue-kun defeating the Big Bad with the power of friendship, just like that.

I'm fuckin done. The cringe is too much.
But still, nothing can best Symphogear in that matter.

Read my previous replies because I'm fucking done. The cringe is too much.

Cleostar said:
I want to see the side arc / movie when Kirito and Asuna trapped in UW for 200 years.
That's kinda interesting. NGL

PLEASE A-1

You mean Moon Cradle arc? Yep they will probably adapt it. But man I wanna see Unital Ring getting an adaption cause its really good.

Lupanthrope said:
Since some episodes I toggle between 2 reactions :
1) *sigh*
2) "Excuse me, what ?"

Even the musics that I found dope were nearly all recycled from previous seasons

You'll be surprised at how many people wanted the original SAO OST to be in the final season, I'll answer that, A LOT. It makes perfect sense to why this OST was here, Swordlands by Yuki Kajiura was such a god tier OST, who wouldn't reuse it again?

phephra said:
I don't know, I'm really not vibing with War of Underworld part 2. It must be the curse of the second half that always affects SAO (with the exception of the Mother's Rosario arc).

This episode confirms it. I mean, it was a feast for the eyes and also the feels were delivered, but I've been half cringing and half asking myself "wtf it's going on why no you can't do that he's dead this doesn't make sense" for a few episodes now. I know there must be unexplained things compared to the novels (if I hadn't read part of the Alicization light novels I wouldn't have known about the "power of imagination" part. That's actually cool, I support it since it was explained, although it doesn't convey in the anime).

So yeah, the episode was so over the top that the enjoyment is of course due to guilty pleasure and entertainment. The cherry to a long range of shit battle shonen-like episodes. I'm curious to how this stuff is explained in the novels.

Oh well, I may be based, but I'm still a fan of SAO. I'm looking forward hopefully to some last story driven episodes before the season finale, like the first half of War of Underworld was.

Remember that one fight between Kirito and Uolo Levanteinn? That one guy who was head elite swordsman-in-training of the North Centoria Imperial Master Sword Academy? During their fight incarnation was kinda explained. I mean yes, compared to the explanation in the LNs it was absolutely nothing but still it was something.

Kougeru said:
Visually, it was AMAZING. Audio? Amazing.

But good god this season has been AWFUL in regards to writing and everything related to plot and character development. First few episodes we had someone ALMOST die and then get rescued last second like 5 times per episode and now all the crap this episode. All the dead people (specifically Eugeo) saving Kirito multiple times lol. What a cringe fest.

I'm tired of explaining to people how Eugeo saved Kirito, just go read my previous replies.

Piromysl said:
Chiibi said:

Lol, this should be good; what's your definition of a Mary-Sue?

Geez. You really want to go down that road?
Anyway, it's a flawless, perfect character, over which everything revolves.
It fits, because Kirito does not have any flaw within the story context.
At this point there is no room for character development, do writer thinks he can replace it with getting more powers, but that will not work.

Flawless? Flawless? Boy, you got no idea how many flaws Kirito has, how can anyone call Kirito flawless with all the mistakes and shits he made ... how can he be flawless with his flawed personality of self-guilt and sometimes even self-loathe that's been with him at so many point in the show... his flawed mindset of thinking he need to take responsibility of things alone and many other problems which he either fixed or still didn't fix.

Even his overly optimistic mindset which Cardinal warned him about can be counted as a flaw and mistake he didn't prepare for. Which resulted in their Quinella fight mess.

And how can you call him flawless when he failed so many time, lost many friends and needed some kind of help or sacrifice from someone else every single time to defeat any of the big enemies... Kirito is anything but a Gary Stu/Mary Sue, no thank you.

@Inorichi oh it's you again! The professional animator who notices the littlest to the littlest to the littlest of things in the anime and then blames other people for not noticing yet. I'm not even gonna argue with you but how about you learn to put your pictures in a spoiler? It's clotting up the whole forum. And then we have more people like you quoting your reply without taking out the images and clotting up the whole forum.

OceanicBlues said:
That makes the slightest bit more sense, but in the end it just feels like Kirito showed up and saved the day again regardless of most outside factors. In SAO it's all about him getting obscene powers from any possible place thinkable and using them to save his harem. It was nice to see Best Girl Eugeo again though, I think he and Yuuki from Mother's Rosario are the only characters that I'd consider well written. It's the strangest thing; I have consumed every piece of SAO animated media to date and even though I don't like most of it I just can't stop watching. It's my guilty pleasure I guess. I want it to live up to its potential so badly.

That's because deep inside you know that you are enjoying it. And sadly, SAO is a story about Kirito (Except for the side arcs) so the story WILL revolve around Kirito, Kirito is the protagonist and he will save the day, that's what SAO is and was since day 1.

Aryale said:
ultimatewarrior7 said:
Eugeo is the MVP of alicization

Yessirrrr. He's so epic, doesn't get enough attention :)

What do you mean? Eugeo gets A LOT of attention in this season, past season and also the season before that. But as you can see in this thread, a lot of people are getting annoyed by his appearance, which I don't understand how. Every time Eugeo appears I become really sad, he is the reason I got all those feels, but apparently to a lot of people on MyAnimeList, it is "Cringy".

Rob7 said:
hahaha

This episode in short description:

- KiriJesus can perform ANYTHING now, even make animals reborn into eggs (that Alice carried to where?)

- Unlimited Budget Works in the fight.

- Evil-Angel Gabriel and KiriJesus doesn't give a f* anymore. A battle of asspull techniques from the realm of Random.

- Cringe party of the power of Friendship and Love.

- Please can someone finally exorcise Eugeo? His ghost Ex-Machina is too much overused right now.

- And now Kirito and Asuna will spent 200 years in their fantasy world, free from the other harem girls, where they will have a eternity of sex, and kids, and 10 minutes later in the real world they will become braindead potatoes until their bodies die.

~fin~

Well if it makes you any happy, Eugeo won't ever appear again, he's gone poof. And as for Kirito and Asuna, uhm, they have a... I will try not to spoil watch it for yourself next week.

Okay, so, wow, what else can I say, water is wet, grass is green, MAL is MAL lol. But yeah I don't understand how some people are calling this episode "Disgusting" and saying "Kirito harem powah" after 90+ episodes in, like, it has been like this since season 1 and you knew what you've signed up for when you started this season. This is all so silly. But hey! Good news for SAO fans that only MAL is like this and thankfully we've stopped taking shit from the rest of the anime community, as this episode was top awarded in Reddit. Overall I'm really happy with what SAO is right now, only 3 episodes left and I can't wait. Also a fun fact, this is the original ending in the web novel, this is how it ends over there, but Reki decided to make another part which is "Unital Ring" and it's surprisingly good. I hope they keep making more of this because SAO the animation is like alcohol, we know it's bad and sometimes its good, but we still keep consuming it, I love SAO anime even tho they failed to explain some things properly, doesn't matter for me because I know how to research on stuff I liked unlike.... See you people next week.
HentryAug 30, 2020 7:09 AM
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Aug 30, 2020 7:19 AM

May 2019
thiago52192 said:
After experience something like SNK S3P2, where everything on the story was meticulously written, I can't tolerate something like War of Underworld. Everything that happened in this episode, from start to finish, was in there for the sake of having a good looking fight, but doesn't make any sense in terms of what it was introduced before. This entire Alicization arc really had a good potential, but it slowly become into a absolutely terrible show. I was one of the people who defended SAO, saying that it wasn't as bad as other people claim to be, but this Season deserve every criticism SAO has recieved and more.

~ Sword Art Online ~

Are you watching Re:Zero S.2?

Just like SAO, it is an adaptation from Light Novel, but in this season these shows seems to be in total opposite sides in terms of quality and respect to the source in the adaptation.
Aug 30, 2020 7:27 AM

Feb 2014
I do like how Kirito made sure that Alice's dragons didn't die, although I wasn't expecting them to have their age go in reverse to the point that they're back in their eggs. Either way, it was a very nice thing for him to do.

As for the fight, the power of friendship was being built up for a long time for this moment, so no excuse of throwing around the tired "asspull" argument, like some users are whipping out. Put up and shut up, I'd say. =/

Anyways, the fighting animation was very impressive and on-par with Asuna's fight against PoH. Lovely visual effects and the way that Gabriel was finally taken out in an fiery inferno looked amazing. Great soundtrack as always, too.

Sadly, while everyone else logged out in time, Kirito was going to be stuck here for 200 years. I had sympathy for him as he collapsed on his knees and cried, but I didn't expected Asuna to greet him, as I'd thought she would log out, too.

I guess I underestimated their solid bond that these two have for each other. =)
Aug 30, 2020 8:39 AM

Apr 2020
Great animation and music but now I'm stuck with questions.Spirit bomb animation was nice. Slightly disappointed Leafa's role was disconnected from the main group and that Eugeo is constantly coming in to save Kirito.

Wasn't there a fail safe for the maximum time acceleration thing where everyone would get ejected except Kirito if he failed to make it back in time? This would mean Asuna would have been forcibly logged out.

Also, Kirito essentially has the god powers in the Underworld so how could he big struggling against Gabriel this much? I mean he turned PoH into a tree.

In normal life, how much is the 200 years equivalent to?
Aug 30, 2020 9:49 AM

Mar 2012

Ignoring the fact that the anime completely failed to properly explain many things even the explanations given in the lns don’t make this not stupid. “Incarnation” is one of the stupidest and laziest power systems that a writer can put in their story that I can think off. Anything can happen at any time without a build up and care for the things established before because the characters want it hard enough. It’s a cheap shortcut.

Why is Kirito suddenly Jesus > Because he wants it hard enough

Why is the one-dimensional rapist number # suddenly Satan > Because he wants it hard enough

Why isn’t anyone else useful? > They don’t want it hard enough.

I guess establishing things and having a natural flow of events while maintaining a sense of consistency was too hard for Kawahara. Just having every character being able to do whatever is so much easier and cooler! /s

Aug 30, 2020 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was some huge bullshit. Nothing and no one makes sense anymore. I know I'm here criticizing SAO every week, but what can I say when this show keeps getting worse and worse? Should've ended at part 1.

At this point, Kirito is able to manipulate everything. He doesn't have an admin account, neither does he use his main account.
Make huge ass dragons into eggs, essentially rewinding time? Done. Grow wings and a pair of legs mid-fight? Done. Want night and some stars? Kirito's got you bro.

Feels like I've heard Kirito's name at least 20 times in this single episode.

Also, that Gabriel guy was stronger in his personal account, with powers making absolutely no sense, than a literal god account. What's up with that?
Eugeo manifesting and blocking enemy's attack for Kirito when his arm got cut off. Let alone keep saving Kirito with verbal support multiple times. He's dead dude, just let him go.

Kinda happy Asuna stayed back for Kirito. Probably the only thing I liked in this week's episode. Also it was a nice sequence of a scene when we see everyone when they were logged out from Underworld.
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Aug 30, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2020
J1m1s said:

Ignoring the fact that the anime completely failed to properly explain many things even the explanations given in the lns don’t make this not stupid. “Incarnation” is one of the stupidest and laziest power systems that a writer can put in their story that I can think off. Anything can happen at any time without a build up and care for the things established before because the characters want it hard enough. It’s a cheap shortcut.

Why is the one-dimensional rapist number # suddenly Satan > Because he wants it hard enough

I guess establishing things and having a natural flow of events while maintaining a sense of consistency was too hard for Kawahara. Just having every character being able to do whatever is so much easier and cooler! /s

You need to properly learn what incarnation is and why it isn't easy and why it isn't "I believe I can fly~~ I believe I can tooouch the sky" and the character just starts flying, its way much more than that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/iekoy8/sword_art_online_alicization_explaining_the/

I ain't gonna write paragraphs so go read it for yourself and stop blaming Reki, why don't you go ahead write a better story than SAO, I'm sure you can do it since you're so knowledgable on what is good writing and what is lazy writing.
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Aug 30, 2020 10:16 AM

Apr 2018
I don't know about you but that fight scene was epic. Especially when Kirito was channeling energy from everyone he loved. Alice escapes back to the real world as a cube but it seems like Kirito and Asuna were left behind in the underworld. 200 years in the underworld...
Aug 30, 2020 10:25 AM

May 2014
Why was everything barely understandable? I couldn't take anything seriously with the asspulls they were pulling jesus.

The slow buildup of the whole world and characters and this is the end?

I don't like it at all. The season so far is getting barely a 6/10 from me while the last was freaking 9!

Aug 30, 2020 10:41 AM

Nov 2008
Inorichi said:
Chiibi said:

Which he wouldn't have been able to do without the help of Leafa and the other members of Alfheim and Asuna herself AND KAYABA'S GHOST.

Again, he did not accomplish this on his own. He had to still rely on Sinon in the game and Shinkawa was beating the shit outta Kazuto IRL until Shino clocked the guy in the head with a....I forget. Something heavy. Lol.

divineiniquity is correct about losing the inner monologue when the story is converted to anime though. That's the biggest downfall. It just brings much more depth to the characters and you can understand their actions way better.

Not what I'm saying. Afaik, neither of those were in his nightmares in the light novel.

1. Kirito ignored his beta tester friend IRL when they were being bullied. And 2. Kirito regrets not being able to save Cooper? I think was his name, when he tried Monster Pking Kirito after he gets a rare item first but dies in the process.

A-1 didn't just not adapt those scenes, they added random flashbacks to his regrets for no reason.

Why would Kirito regret saving his wife from being raped? Why would he regret saving sinon from death gun? He didn't in the novels (afaik), and it just makes no sense. The adaptation made his character so weak he regrets beating people in a virtual world or saving his wife? Neither belonged in the nightmare scene and it probably confused a lot of anime viewers about Kirito's character, is what I was trying to say.

OH!

My bad....I misunderstood. xD Um...I think A1 recapping for the sake of recapping because a lot of those happened so long ago and they wanted to remind the audience so they'd have context.

But I agree; that was sort of an odd decision.

Aug 30, 2020 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Piromysl said:

Just stop.

LOL NEVAR. :) I have strong opinions and I will fight to defend my boy. People on here KNOW how stubborn I am so they normally just give up. xD

This whole PTSD about "killing bunch of scum" was resolved back in the GGO arc and even Shion managed to go through it, while MC-kun is still salty for even not being able to save people, he wasn't even obliged to save nor anyone would expect him to.

Yes, it was resolved but HE HAD TO LIVE THE WHOLE THING OVER AGAIN in like five minutes of time; yo? That would fuk anyone's mind up. Also he was still agonizing over Eugeo who was like his brother. He was not able to get over him right away since he lost his mind shortly after.

And in your funny little thread you took examples literally only from Aincard arc.

Well, I have to rewatch the show before I can go on as it's been quite a while.

But After Aincard arc, all that was good went into standstill the bullshit and bad writing starts to hurt in the eyes with the beginning of "Big Bad forgetting why he trapped them".

Bad writing only applies to the Fairy Dance arc; the rest of the series is pretty solid. Imho. Sure Kayaba says he doesn't remember his original reason for Aincrad...but I think we are to assume he just wanted to create the 'perfect game' so he could play God. It's not difficult to come to that conclusion from the things he said and did.

Kirito even already established his harem, of irrelevant simps who will not contribute whatsoever to the story, but will be shoehorned for some reason into the story, which is just like... come on...

Uh WHAT are you smoking? Yes, they contribute to the story ALL THE TIME. They are part of his guild now; his emotional backup and provide him a place where he belongs. They are not a harem; they are a group of friends who love gaming together. They are like a family...or a sports team...but I like 'family' term better. Harem members normally don't get along because they always fight over the MC. But the other girls respect Asuna and treat her like a leader and sister...and she loves them too. It's very wholesome.

On top of that Asuna x Kirito ship is so flawless and boring, it feels like it was written by some Twilight fangirl on Tumblr.

If you knew anything about Twatlight, you'd know the relationships in it are ALL abusive and toxic as fuk and Asuna and Kirito's healthy, balanced romance is NOTHING like it. They have a mature relationship because they were both forced to grow up fast in the hostile environment of Aincrad. They're basically already married. They are committed to each other and trust each other. They don't have a REASON to get into fights with each other now.

But now, SAO reclaimed it's throne as the "King of Trash".

No, u. There is WAY worse anime than SAO. I lol in people's faces when they say 'SAO is the worst'. Living under rocks, they are.

But Hibiki was a perfect character literally from the beginning. She is the same character at the beginning of the 1st season as at the ending of 5th, so the audience is very specific and niche.

I don't know Hibiki at all but I JUST explained how Kirito was never perfect; yes, he's very intelligent and learns quickly BUT he has to constantly rely on others to succeed. Again and again and AGAIN.

So how can he be a Mary-Sue?
ChiibiAug 30, 2020 11:51 AM

Aug 30, 2020 11:57 AM

Mar 2017
Whaaa?! They're both trapped in there for 200 years?! I thought some illogical miracle would save them (since logic has been thrown out the window this season).

This episode was visually stunning and some epic battle scenes but 90% of the stuff that occurred made no sense at all and to be honest, that's been one of the biggest problems with this entire season.
Aug 30, 2020 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
I actually really love the choice of trapping them in there; everyone getting out scot-free is just boring. xD

Aug 30, 2020 1:47 PM
Nov 2019
I guess they found out another way to shield Kirito with more plot armor is just the have Eugeo save him anytime he is in trouble or needs a power spike. Also I don't understand how the other players and NPCs of the Underworld knew to give Kirito their power or whatever that Spirit Bomb type shit was when he was fighting Garfiel. But the animation and colors looked pretty cool so there is a plus haha
Aug 30, 2020 3:16 PM
Oct 2018
Its boring watching this now, I enjoyed s1 a lot more than this.
Aug 30, 2020 5:15 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Worst episode of the War of Underworld.

Kirito's coming is simply a downfall for SAO.
Aug 30, 2020 5:22 PM
Dec 2013
very happy that this joke is falling down while Re:Zero is taking it's place among the gods.

Serves you right.
Aug 30, 2020 5:41 PM

Jun 2013
so Kirito defeated that Aizen looking mother fucker using a spirit bomb.
Eugeo can appear and hold a sword... wait what the fuck?!
Aug 30, 2020 6:09 PM

Jan 2020
And there we have Eugeo saving stuff once more haha.
The animation on this ep was awesome
Aug 30, 2020 6:09 PM

Oct 2017
Everything is fine, but why did the Gabriel guy become a boss? Wasn't he supposed to be a GGO character?

Also, when Kirito showed that he can turn people into trees and prevent them from logging out, I thought he was just going to do the same thing in this episode and he wouldn't even have a fight. LOL
ChanbaraAug 30, 2020 6:19 PM
Aug 30, 2020 6:36 PM

Aug 2017
So Kirito only gets Asuna for 200 years while the rest of his harem grows old and perishes in the real world? No fun, too many babes wasted

And how is Alice going to reincarnate as a real person?
Aug 30, 2020 8:46 PM

Oct 2009
I continue to be puzzled at how people can say "this series just keeps getting worse and worse" - if you didn't like Alicization leading up to this point then why are you still putting up with the unrealistic Issekai elements that it brings?

I do agree with many who have said the pacing for the anime has been quite abrupt; and particularly the War of Underworld arc is perhaps the hardest to follow because the battle is happening on so many fronts and we have to do a scene change multiple times throughout each episode. This is much easier to follow in the LN simply because it takes longer to read and you have time to process the scene (not to mention every chapter or so in the LN, they put a nice little map showing you where the main characters were and who was fighting who). Reki was facing the challenge of writing about a war with multiple fronts and trying to show what was happening all at the same time (most scenes are happening at the same time as one another), and then you also throw in what's happening in the real world on Ocean Turtle and factor in the time dilation and you start getting a mess of what is happening where and when.

Personally I was a bit tired of waiting for Kirito waking up, I forgot the specific pacing in the LN but based on where the anime was going I had expected him to wake up 2 episodes before he actually did (more or less immediately after PoH reached where Kirito was). So yeah, I can sympathize with those who have felt a bit frustrated on what's been happening this whole season. I think you just have to appreciate the war as a whole, this is some "Army of hollows vs the Gotei 13" from Bleach kind of stuff; every Integrity Knight got a bit of screen time where Reki had a chance to show off the characters he had been building and their abilities. There's just a lot going on.

Rob7 said:
hahaha

I like this comment. This is probably the best way to watch SAO (or other Issekai anime) - you're not here for plot twists, you're here for the emotional journey of Kirito trying to save an AI world. Switch off your mind and enjoy the ride.
divineiniquityAug 30, 2020 8:55 PM
Aug 30, 2020 9:12 PM

Jun 2016
Hentry said:
@Inorichi oh it's you again! The professional animator who notices the littlest to the littlest to the littlest of things in the anime and then blames other people for not noticing yet. I'm not even gonna argue with you but how about you learn to put your pictures in a spoiler? It's clotting up the whole forum. And then we have more people like you quoting your reply without taking out the images and clotting up the whole forum.

I love how you come to an episode discussion thread, to basically argue with everyone and everything irrelevant to the thread topic, then ask that I 'learn to put pictures in a spoiler' - which are already done for the points not completely relevant to the topic.

Alright, since I have now been thee dubbed as 'professional animator' by @Hentry it is time to clear my name. Maybe if you paid more attention to the anime, you'd notice what was going on. My point is the art and animation quality have dropped significantly and continuously since ep 4 of Alicization. Go back to episode 1-4 of Alicization and find me any single scene that looks like the examples of dropping art quality I posted for this episode. You wont find a single one, since it didn't look this way back then.

Ultimately, reception of art is subjective, however, it's pretty clear that the art has changed significantly since the first episodes within this single project, as the entirety of Alicization was announced at once.

Random background villagers have detailed faces and clothing while our side characters don't? I mean it doesn't take hawkeye to notice that much...
Aug 30, 2020 11:51 PM
Jul 2019
The SAO Defense Team is going wild in here. It's almost like people aren't allowed to have their own opinions. If we have made it this far in the show and want to complain, we have a total right to. I wish SAO superfans could do what regular adults do and talk things out rationally. When so many flaws, criticisms and concerns are pointed out by so many people at the same time, they probably have a point, right?

Rob7 said:

I'm similar to you, I have followed this damn show throughout its entire life cycle just hoping and wishing that it could reach the potential I saw in it. It almost got there in the first couple episodes of Alicization but as soon as they had an episode dedicated to the Ocean Turtle I knew it was too good to be true. I'm in that weird liminal space of both being a fan and hating the show at the same time.
OceanicBluesAug 30, 2020 11:55 PM
Aug 31, 2020 2:47 AM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode!

Everything is there! The animation is CRAZY, the OST, the fight between Kirito and Gabriel, the emotion between Kirito and Eugeo and the conclusion is beautiful!
Aug 31, 2020 4:29 AM

May 2019
B.T.W... I realized it now, POOR of Sugu-chan, right?

She really likes (*ahem*) her brother and last time she saw him, he was already an almost braindead vegetal that Asuna bring from a walk, omg damn Asuna you couldn't protect my Kirito!

Then she went all the way inside the Underworldo just to...

- Be kinda raped by tentacles from a random being.
- Be surely raped in the eye by lances and spears in a gore battle.
- Protect random inhabitants from Underword like humanized Pigs and really ripped body Ganguros.
- And just to "soon be log out" without to have a chance to actually see Kirito for a last time!

What a mistreat with our dear big-jugged imouto.
Aug 31, 2020 6:29 AM

Jul 2015
Okay, so; the OST was nice, and I did get a little emotional when Alice and Asuna noticed Kirito's, uhh.. heart?

So, yeah, after changing my score to 2 after the previous episode, I did change it back to 3; this was definitely the best episode of this season so far, but that's not saying much. IMO this season is still the worst SAO has been, and it's a shame because the previous two seasons were actually good compared to the first two.

This was definitely a bad episode, but I can't say I didn't like it. Though that's probably only because at this point my expectations are so low that you can take something really, really bad and give it an a-okay execution and it'll seem like a masterpiece compared to the previous seven episodes.
Aug 31, 2020 7:25 AM
Jun 2017
i love that fight, the animation is great, and is colorful too..

well asuna stay there alongside Kirito while Alice and the rest had able to log out. lets see what will happen in the remaining episodes
Aug 31, 2020 8:57 AM

Nov 2008
OceanicBlues said:
The SAO Defense Team is going wild in here.

It seems you are unaware of how much abuse SAO fans have to go through simply for liking a thing.

I'm not talking about 'your show sucks because XXXX", I'm talking about people who are like "SAO fans are ret*rds/idiots,losers/[insert forbidden insult here for homosexuals]" etc.

Actual verbal abuse to make fans feel bad about themselves. MAL was no exception to this; rather, it was the second-worst place to be a SAO fan...until the moderators recently buckled down and made the forum rules more strict...and thank God for that.

Of course we're going to get defensive after a while. I can't even blog or Tweet SAO content without some asshole trying to ruin it. I think that's plain rude. Enough is enough

If we have made it this far in the show and want to complain, we have a total right to.

Yes, you do....just as anyone who thinks your complaints are invalid has a total right to. But if someone were to say 'This is my opinion and I don't want to talk about it', I WOULD respect their wishes.

Forums ARE a place for discussion though...so why NOT discuss it?

I wish SAO superfans could do what regular adults do and talk things out rationally.

Which IS what we try to do? I mean, do you see any discussion here that violates MAL's social etiquette rules?

I don't.
ChiibiAug 31, 2020 9:13 AM

Aug 31, 2020 9:08 AM

Aug 2018
i liked that Asuna stayed, that was nice!
The fight tho... What a waste of good animation :\
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Aug 31, 2020 9:09 AM
Apr 2019
Sure sure MC is basicaly GOD again but that happens all the time and is the reason people come bakc to watch me anyways but I feel like everyone is missing the most important part here.

Klein got his pizza
Aug 31, 2020 9:20 AM

Jul 2016
OceanicBlues said:
The SAO Defense Team is going wild in here. It's almost like people aren't allowed to have their own opinions. If we have made it this far in the show and want to complain, we have a total right to. I wish SAO superfans could do what regular adults do and talk things out rationally. When so many flaws, criticisms and concerns are pointed out by so many people at the same time, they probably have a point, right?

Rob7 said:

I'm similar to you, I have followed this damn show throughout its entire life cycle just hoping and wishing that it could reach the potential I saw in it. It almost got there in the first couple episodes of Alicization but as soon as they had an episode dedicated to the Ocean Turtle I knew it was too good to be true. I'm in that weird liminal space of both being a fan and hating the show at the same time.
they explain to what to understand but they are close minded. Like people like you lol.

Aug 31, 2020 9:31 AM

Nov 2008
Mmm I wouldn't say OceaniceBlues is 'close-minded'...but just overreacting a little.

Discussion isn't the same as canceling an opinion.

Aug 31, 2020 11:09 AM

Sep 2019
What the fuck with eugeo? He's like homie don't worry I got u even tho I'm dead. Like ok I get it for the first time but for 4th!
Aug 31, 2020 12:31 PM

Mar 2014
Visually I thought this episode was stunning but it didn’t really have as much of a lasting impact on me and left me a little confused with all the developments.
Aug 31, 2020 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
Hentry said:
J1m1s said:

You need to properly learn what incarnation is and why it isn't easy and why it isn't "I believe I can fly~~ I believe I can tooouch the sky" and the character just starts flying, its way much more than that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/iekoy8/sword_art_online_alicization_explaining_the/

I ain't gonna write paragraphs so go read it for yourself and stop blaming Reki, why don't you go ahead write a better story than SAO, I'm sure you can do it since you're so knowledgable on what is good writing and what is lazy writing.

Yeah It's so hard that the bad guys can do it by instinct.......

Also telling me to write something better if i can? Really? That's that's the worst kind of argument ever! By that logic no one can judge anything!

Guess I shouldn't expect more from an Sao defender.
Aug 31, 2020 10:46 PM
Jul 2019
Chiibi said:
Mmm I wouldn't say OceaniceBlues is 'close-minded'...but just overreacting a little.

Discussion isn't the same as canceling an opinion.

I appreciate that. However, I’m definitely not overreacting. Reading through this whole episode discussion all I see is many people complaining about very specific and important things, and then a couple of folks trying to refute every point like it’s their JOB. A level-headed discussion point does not ever start with “What are you smoking?”. The close-minded comment perfectly describes SAO superfans because they’re so caught up in what they enjoy that they are blind to the faults it clearly has. The same goes for superfans of any series, honestly. Of course, people being rude to you about what you enjoy is also unacceptable; they’re on the flip-side of the same coin as superfans. I’m not gonna get into this off-topic point any further than this cause this is an anime episode discussion forum and not a debate club, but personally I don’t think you are fully enjoying or experiencing a piece of media unless you are open to embracing its flaws instead of ignoring them.
Aug 31, 2020 10:50 PM

Oct 2009
OceanicBlues said:

You're completely right, everyone should have a fair opportunity to share their opinions. Apologies if my tone in my previous comment offended you. I'm more speaking against some of the people who are complaining that the entire season has been a drag and just leaving it at that. I would hope those people are not hopping onto each weekly thread and just typing the same complaint over and over again.

If you're going to criticize, then discuss what you didn't like from this episode. There's little value in saying how this entire season is bad (save that for a review) or that SAO in general is bad (many videos on YT about this already). If it's a build up of a bad taste from each ep this season leading up to now then okay, let us know what was the last straw that broke the camel's back for you.

For example, I get that some people don't like the whole Incarnation thing. My wife (who isn't really a fan of SAO) jokingly said that Kirito vs Gabriel looked more like something out of Sailor Moon than SAO season 1 - I totally agree with that; very different style to where the series first began. But the time to complain about Incarnation was really at the start of Alicization, it's an underlying aspect of Underworld. If you don't like the rules of how Incarnation works from the start of the season, you aren't going to like it now and complaining about it for the umpteenth isn't really adding much to the discussion.

With that said, give the next person something to continue the discussion on, and let's also agree to disagree if we have different opinions.
Aug 31, 2020 11:10 PM
Jul 2019
divineiniquity said:
OceanicBlues said:

You're completely right, everyone should have a fair opportunity to share their opinions. Apologies if my tone in my previous comment offended you. I'm more speaking against some of the people who are complaining that the entire season has been a drag and just leaving it at that. I would hope those people are not hopping onto each weekly thread and just typing the same complaint over and over again.

If you're going to criticize, then discuss what you didn't like from this episode. There's little value in saying how this entire season is bad (save that for a review) or that SAO in general is bad (many videos on YT about this already). If it's a build up of a bad taste from each ep this season leading up to now then okay, let us know what was the last straw that broke the camel's back for you.

For example, I get that some people don't like the whole Incarnation thing. My wife (who isn't really a fan of SAO) jokingly said that Kirito vs Gabriel looked more like something out of Sailor Moon than SAO season 1 - I totally agree with that; very different style to where the series first began. But the time to complain about Incarnation was really at the start of Alicization, it's an underlying aspect of Underworld. If you don't like the rules of how Incarnation works from the start of the season, you aren't going to like it now and complaining about it for the umpteenth isn't really adding much to the discussion.

With that said, give the next person something to continue the discussion on, and let's also agree to disagree if we have different opinions.

Interestingly enough, I absolutely loved the rules of Incarnation from the beginning of the series because it seemed both tangible and manageable. Unfortunately I felt that it spiraled totally out of control upon Jesus-kun’s awakening. SAO ends up being one of those shows where the stakes are high but the tension isn’t because you know that in some way, shape, or form Kirito is going to save the day without much external help. Now I know that people will say “He required the help of everybody in the Underworld” but in reality it was just a neat lightshow to backlight Kirito the Badass doing something over powered for the hundredth time. I’ve complained about that enough though, so I can at least talk about something I did like. The night-sky was such a beautiful art piece! The wishes of people lighting up stars in the sky is a powerful visual that gives me chills thinking about it. I just wish we had gotten anything that tied into it earlier so it didn’t feel as out of place as it did, but it was really incredible nonetheless.
Sep 1, 2020 12:11 AM
Dec 2013
Hentry said:
I'm also hoping to see SAO on #1 on top 10 anime weekly poll on Anime Corner and Anitrendz as well.

KEK

double KEK

I guess a rabbit is more relevant than Kirito ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Justice has come!
AdorelisSep 1, 2020 12:16 AM
Sep 1, 2020 1:34 AM
Apr 2018
I'm KIRITO! KIRITO the Swordsman!
Release Recollection worked.

Final blow of Star Bust Stream. rip GABRIEL.

BTW, who's attending Google Online Clasroom lectures & watching ANIME simultaneously? ;)
Sep 1, 2020 1:38 AM
Apr 2018
ASUNA & KIRITO gonna start a new family in the virtual world.
Sep 1, 2020 6:18 AM

Aug 2020
Adorelis said:
Hentry said:
I'm also hoping to see SAO on #1 on top 10 anime weekly poll on Anime Corner and Anitrendz as well.

KEK

double KEK

Justice has come!

Wow you must be a total idiot, look at the date you mongrel. "Week 8 | Aug 21 - Aug 28, 2020 results" The new SAO episode came out on 29th august, get your facts right before you come at me lil goof.
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Sep 1, 2020 6:36 AM

Nov 2019
Adorelis said:
Hentry said:

KEK

double KEK

Justice has come!

Adorelis said:
Hentry said:

KEK

double KEK

Justice has come!

The poll next week will show this episode's result. Lol

Btw, that guy is right. Only on MAL did I see negative reactions for this episode. It totally broke the internet on Reddit where it got over 100 awards and 4k karma and Twitter where it trended globally for more than 3 hours. The score of this season increased by 2% on Anilist as well. Dunno what's up with MAL. Lmao
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Sep 1, 2020 6:38 AM

Aug 2020
Chiibi said:
OceanicBlues said:
The SAO Defense Team is going wild in here.

It seems you are unaware of how much abuse SAO fans have to go through simply for liking a thing.

I'm not talking about 'your show sucks because XXXX", I'm talking about people who are like "SAO fans are ret*rds/idiots,losers/[insert forbidden insult here for homosexuals]" etc.

Actual verbal abuse to make fans feel bad about themselves. MAL was no exception to this; rather, it was the second-worst place to be a SAO fan...until the moderators recently buckled down and made the forum rules more strict...and thank God for that.

Of course we're going to get defensive after a while. I can't even blog or Tweet SAO content without some asshole trying to ruin it. I think that's plain rude. Enough is enough

If we have made it this far in the show and want to complain, we have a total right to.

Yes, you do....just as anyone who thinks your complaints are invalid has a total right to. But if someone were to say 'This is my opinion and I don't want to talk about it', I WOULD respect their wishes.

Forums ARE a place for discussion though...so why NOT discuss it?

I wish SAO superfans could do what regular adults do and talk things out rationally.

Which IS what we try to do? I mean, do you see any discussion here that violates MAL's social etiquette rules?

I don't.

Hey man I feel you, I've been there and I'm STILL there. For me, MAL is the 2nd worst place to be a SAO fan and YouTube is the 1st, and you probably know why cough cough Mother's Basement cough cough. But good news is that this hate is only coming from these 2 places, all the other communities I've been to have been very respectful to SAO fans.

Also SAO fans ARE THE ONE who try to have a proper discussion, and the haters be like "Lol we don't care SAO sucks, your taste is trash!!" I'm glad SAO is getting more recognition but looks like MAL has been the same since 2012.
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Aug 15, 2020

303 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.