Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2020 6:45 AM

Jun 2016
There was only 1 part where I was genuinely worked up over and that was the GGO / ALO flashbacks, since 1. Lazily dragged out the scene + 2. Ruins Kirito as a Character. (he's traumatized because he defeated the person raping his wife. Didn't even kill him). If you read to the very end, I literally say "It's not like I thought the episode was bad or think WOU sucks. I like it."

To reply to your argument.

Roch2001 said:
For my argument as why you being stupid. Personally I feel its important to understand Kirito from the start of his journey up until this point. He got stabbed with something which is killing him, they stuck him in a tank where time is drastically altered where minutes = years but he was still being Kirito.

1. No he did not get stabbed with something that is killing him. Kirito died or was clinically dead, etc after being stabbed with the death gun drug, however, was revived later. Since, his heart wasn't beating for an excessive amount of time, he was hooked up to the Soul Translator to revitalize his brain.

I genuinely don't understand your argument in this first point. The FLA (fluctlight acceleration) and him 'being Kirito' don't have anything to do with my main points... Taking all this into account, it changes nothing about the issues in this episode.

His journey up to this point has nothing to do with my complaints. I'm complaining that A-1 Studios / the Director of this episode CUT parts of the original source material out and did not put it in the anime or changed scenes so that they are worse.

Roch2001 said:
He fought a battle vs an AI, saved tons of people, ended up in a vegetative state but the world he thought to protect and the people he saved have been fighting to -protect him, just as he protected them.

2. Yes Kirito fought Admi to protect a majority of the Underworlds citizens from becoming giant sword monsters, however, the War of Underworld isn't about protecting Kirito. It's about protecting Alice from being captured + defending the Human Empire from the Dark Territory invaders. As far as I can recall off the top of my head, very few people are fighting for Kirito's sake alone. Asuna, Leafa, most of the Human Soldiers + ALO players are there to defend the artificial fluctlights. Perhaps Alice and Sinon are fighting for Kirito...

Not sure which part of my issues that argument relates to as well...

Roch2001 said:
I also have no idea what your talking about when you talk about thicc lines. Tbh, it dosen't make any sense at all.

Are we watching the same anime?... There's been 2 fights in the anime where the art lines have changed from a normal line to abnormally thick lines. This was the Bercouli fight and the Asuna fight. I PERSONALLY don't think it was an addition for the better in Asuna's fight, it's not a terrible thing either. Just drops the uniqueness of Bercouli's final moments.

Roch2001 said:
But to understand the character, and how they got to where they are right now, Kirito once more awakening from an impossible situation, it required all of his past experiences. And damn when there only 3 and it not working, but Eugou being the 4th. That just nailed it on how magnificent an episode this was. Strong mental image. Knowing the person. That moment when he linked in transcended the barrier between real world and the virtual world in terms of memories and what is life.

3. It wasn't an impossible situation but a very difficult / problematic one as Higa was trying to revive Kirito the whole time. It required people with a strong mental image to use a Soul Translator, however, I have no issues with this at all, in fact I have no issues with any of the arguments you posted. Did you actually read any of my complaints?

ALO - GGO had NOTHING to do with his trauma. The flashbacks was the reason why Kirito told Asuna, Sinon, and Leafa he can't fight anymore. He's been through too much. However, the reused ALO and GGO should have nothing to do with his trauma. Now thanks to whoever decided to include those scenes, Kirito has become a character that regrets killing virtual characters to save his wife from being raped or people from being murdered by death gun.

My other issues are with Higa Monologuing unnecessarily, cutting Kirito's monologue, actually cutting and replacing scenes. The ALO + GGO scenes were not supposed to be flashbacks to ALO or GGO. He recalled a time where he abandoned his friend IRL and he recalled a time where his Beta Tester partner in SAO floor 1 died to Little Nepenthes, which are actual traumatic or tragic events.

Roch2001 said:
If you cant understand or appreciate that, you should probably stop writing massive rants and wasting everyones time who reads them. I bet your Australian.

What do you have against Australians? Are you racist or something?

But no I'm not Australian. Also, if you're going to make an argument or reply, read the damn post you're replying to.

"If you cant understand or appreciate that, you should probably stop writing massive rants"
It's not like I thought the episode was bad or think WOU sucks. I like it. However, that's a result of me enjoying the light novels, and it's really hard to say if the anime has actually added to that experience.

I'm pretty sure it's not me that's failing to understand the contents of the episode, but you misunderstanding or failing to read what I wrote.

InorichiAug 16, 2020 7:04 AM
Aug 16, 2020 6:50 AM

Jun 2016
SoraSenpai said:
I might be the only one here who cares but I'll paint you the scene.
I'm laying in bed at 1am watching the new episode. It starts. I hear "Kirito" I sit up out of my bed and say to myself..."That sounded Like Sinon...but I don't think that's Sinon." Kirito keeps walking intil he see's four people. My eyes are fucking wide eyed as we zoom in and see Sachi. My blankets flew into the fucking sky. I was literally screaming "It's Sachi It's Sachi It's FUCKING SACHI!" You don't understand how fucking happy I was. I understand there will be no development from here but to know that Sachi and the blackcats were not Thanos snapped out of existence in this anime made me so fucking happy. It took 50+ episodes for Sachi to make some sort of return and I honestly couldn't have been happier (even though I had to relive the tragedy) I it just showed how important Her and the Blackcats were to Kirito's development.

I'm so sick of Asuna. But I would have rather seen her take out PoH then Kirito is about to.

Apparently Sachi had a cameo at the edge of the screen in Ordinal Scale. Can't confirm though so I may be lying. Director said some character makes a cameo at the edge of the screen at the end of the Ordinal Scale movie in some interview, and there were a few people that claimed it was sachi.
Aug 16, 2020 7:45 AM

Jun 2020
Ayeee Kirito's back, I still think they could've made his return just a tad bit better, but it was still pretty hype. The dude really froze every enemy in one move that's a badass move ngl
Looking forward to Kirito killing the Blonde Soul Reaper
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 16, 2020 8:18 AM

Nov 2019
Chiibi said:
Ventus_S said:

This is Mirai Nikki level of writing and characterization.

Um no. I read Mirai Nikki's manga and no, no, it is not. That series sucks so hard.

@biswa290701:

Clearly this season is doing something right since people are praising it so much. :p The majority of this thread, in fact.

Yeah the majority is reasonable. But we can't expect reason from the few people whose main personality is to hate SAO. Lmao

sonofbatmanrp13 said:
MunaXs said:
Each episode worse than the last

SAO Alicization – War of Underworld before virus, a great anime
SAO Alicization – War of Underworld after virus, garbage over garbage

I'm not gonna talk about character with slashing sword doing piercing attacks (thats really stupid) or aboiut phisic in battle but...

Asuna with angel wings, really?? what a lack of imagination, that crap of "the power of friendship" is killing me bc thats the lowest recurse that someone could use for his/her creation in fantasy relate. That recouorse mean lack of imagination and talent. Kirito EMO...he was a fighter, a warrior and now, he is afraid of his past? he is the frkn hero and he is asking forgivenes for help or the sake ppl he helped?? And the worst of the worst, the lasst minutes he was in mode GOD, WHY!!!! he just come back from a "COMMA", thiss episode has not sense at all. When you think SAO can´t be worse, the author comes and surprises you
Don't tell it's BS.Kawahara is an amazing writer.He gives Togashi a run for his money.You know the Nen Vows from Hunter x Hunter.They could do any asspull and label it as a nen vow.Ofcource there are consequences to that.So Togashi is a hack.He must learn from Kawahara.He crafted the very concept of incarnation that has it's origin from the original SAO.Incarnation means an user can create anything with the power of imagination.Even though it's a fucking simulation but imagination reins supreme.Kirito could pull any asspull and that would be justified under the power of INCARNATION .He can grow his limbs back.Gabriel can summon bats outta nowhere.Asuna can gain wings with Yuki's power of friendship.POH can control players and fight with a fucking hole in his chest.But you can't call it Bullshit because Kawahara masterfully crafted the system of INCARNATION .This is the response you are going to get from any SAO fanboi.So, just give up.It ain't worth shit.

I just wish Kirito summons Ghidorah and Godzilla and end this war.

Look as an LN reader, I also have a few complains about the usage of this system. I don't have any problems with the existence of the system though. At first it was introduced as a very very very rare mythical power that not even every integrity knight could master after 100s of years of training. It was interesting and was already used in Alicization part 1. But in limits. This is the system with which Kirito's sword grew and his SAO costume came back. This is the system which Quinella used to grab Kirito by her hair. But imo Kawahara overused it too much in War of Underworld that gave rise to deus ex machina moments and ruined it's prestige. Though ultimately it can be used by both sides so it's still a fair game and no friendship power. Lol.

And since it's not that hard to learn for real worlders, they just start to misuse it everywhere.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Aug 16, 2020 8:30 AM

Aug 2018
biswa290701 said:
Chiibi said:

Um no. I read Mirai Nikki's manga and no, no, it is not. That series sucks so hard.

@biswa290701:

Clearly this season is doing something right since people are praising it so much. :p The majority of this thread, in fact.

Yeah the majority is reasonable. But we can't expect reason from the few people whose main personality is to hate SAO. Lmao

sonofbatmanrp13 said:
Don't tell it's BS.Kawahara is an amazing writer.He gives Togashi a run for his money.You know the Nen Vows from Hunter x Hunter.They could do any asspull and label it as a nen vow.Ofcource there are consequences to that.So Togashi is a hack.He must learn from Kawahara.He crafted the very concept of incarnation that has it's origin from the original SAO.Incarnation means an user can create anything with the power of imagination.Even though it's a fucking simulation but imagination reins supreme.Kirito could pull any asspull and that would be justified under the power of INCARNATION .He can grow his limbs back.Gabriel can summon bats outta nowhere.Asuna can gain wings with Yuki's power of friendship.POH can control players and fight with a fucking hole in his chest.But you can't call it Bullshit because Kawahara masterfully crafted the system of INCARNATION .This is the response you are going to get from any SAO fanboi.So, just give up.It ain't worth shit.

Look as an LN reader, I also have a few complains about the usage of this system. I don't have any problems with the existence of the system though. At first it was introduced as a very very very rare mythical power that not even every integrity knight could master after 100s of years of training. It was interesting and was already used in Alicization part 1. But in limits. This is the system with which Kirito's sword grew and his SAO costume came back. This is the system which Quinella used to grab Kirito by her hair. But imo Kawahara overused it too much in War of Underworld that gave rise to deus ex machina moments and ruined it's prestige. Though ultimately it can be used by both sides so it's still a fair game and no friendship power. Lol.

And since it's not that hard to learn for real worlders, they just start to misuse it everywhere.
I completely agree with you.I would not have problem if it was used as the last resort or some kind of powerup in the important moments or so.But,now everyone is spamming it as it some basic level spell.The power of imagination has infinite possibilities and could lead to some important power system dynamic.It's already such an OP power and now,everyone is using it which tarnishes it's own reputation.
Aug 16, 2020 9:12 AM
Oct 2019
HOLY SH*T, WOW. I'm speechless.
Aug 16, 2020 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
MaDmAnI said:

- Kiritos nightmare (When Kirito is in pain the world stops, but when Eiji and Eugeo are in pain, does it matter

........are you shitting me right now?

Like are you actually shitting me?

1.Eiji is fine IRL. Kirito was not. He was in a mfing COMA. Not only was he in a mfing coma, his Fluctlight was ATTACKED because the whole system was ATTACKED.

2. Eugeo is dead so WTF are you talking about "does it matter less?" They made a huge deal out of Eugeo's death.

How does this define "bad character and writing"??

Aug 16, 2020 11:04 AM
Apr 2012
An entire arc about punching harder than the other team in a virtual world to save the "heroine".

I've never been so disinterested in a plot. It's so convoluted and illogical. Bad guys get power ups then Heroes get power up from emotional boost(Because we actually have back story on these guys so emotional beats are supposed to hit, it didn't for me despite liking Yuuki's arc) then Villians get some emotional power up after we get some back story from the due to the fight having long pauses which allow for talking, then heroes get a power up(Kirito returning which should realistically mean nothing).

I saw a post here that said "This arc is doing something right since the majority is positive on this thread". That's the weirdest argument I've ever seen. IF you had a strong reaction (Positive or negative) likelihood you'll comment somewhere. This is the loud minority. The silent majority got this scored to lower than the last season. But hey, it's still beating gun gale, which I agree with.

I'll give credit to the art director for having a vision and executing it. But it isn't awe-inspiring. This season so far has been a 6/10, maybe 5/10 depending on how many Shounen troupes it continues to pull.

Also again credit where credit is due, Aincred changed lives. Every villians motivations are a result of Aincred. It makes sense to a degree. Not to the degree every villian was driven to become murderers and live for Kirito. But to the degree it's alright to feel uncomfortable in the world.
Aug 16, 2020 11:13 AM
Sep 2018
Okayyyyy Kiroto is back, the next episode is going crazy
Aug 16, 2020 11:18 AM

Jan 2008
Asuna's Mother Rosario was absolutely beautiful. Those visuals were something else. They're really going all out this season in that department. Let's see if Kirito can outshine her in that regards.

Aug 16, 2020 11:26 AM

Apr 2018
With the power of love and relationship our vegetable is finally back to kick some ass. PoH is gonna regret what's coming to him, can't wait for next week.
Aug 16, 2020 12:29 PM
Feb 2008

Glad to see the one who saved Kirito at the end was Eugeo, I miss the guy.

Yes i miss Eugeo Too! i am soo happy he was the one to make him wake up!!

YEAHHHHH KIRITO IS BACKK!!! WAHOOOO!!!
Aug 16, 2020 1:33 PM
Apr 2020
Mixed emotions on that one. I was hyped about that enchanced armament, anguished about PoH and sad on some past flashbacks especially Sachi and Yuuki.

Not gonna lie that fight of Asuna and PoH was impressive, Yuuki always got Asuna's back when she's in her lowest and it also gave me a flashback when they beated the 100th floor boss when Asuna used Yuuki's skill.
I would want that angelic figure/form of Asuna. I hope they will make it and I also hope that they will make her in that sword stance.
Yuuki's gonna remain to my memories always (especially her life story)

FFS finally you are awake Mr. Harem MC after 2 seasons (I think, I don't really remember.) I kinda feel sorry about Kirito he really doesn't deseve to be treated and suffered that way but sadly he just want to deserve what's right sacrificing his own will and feelings (like killing another player.)

LASTLY I WOULD GLADLY GIVE THE MVP AND THE BEST BOY AWARD TO EUGEO.
HE GAVE ME MORE A LOT OF HOPE WATCHING THIS SERIES.
Aug 16, 2020 2:14 PM

Aug 2016
MunaXs said:
And the worst of the worst, the lasst minutes he was in mode GOD, WHY!!!! he just come back from a "COMMA", thiss episode has not sense at all. When you think SAO can´t be worse, the author comes and surprises you

Funny, what have you been expecting so far? That he'll wake up weakly and then have the war suddenly postpone for months to wait for him recovered?

This kind of expectation is more....nonsense in my opinion.

Anyone with brain would have already expected something like this the moment the war already escalated this far, that Kirito will wake up and turned everything to his side's favor. How else his awakening will cause change if he's as weak as you wanted him to be after coma? What's the point of you watching the series this far? You can't even tell how it might end up?

Even before I read the volume 18, I already could tell from how badly their situation was and how long the author's been building the moment up for 3 whole volumes that the MC will definitely wake up godly. I'm so shocked that there's actually someone who can't even see something obvious like this coming until just now.

I won't comment much on the other points you mentioned since for me the friendship thing in this episode is also quite cringey as well. Though, I suppose you should learn how to just enjoy the series you've been following so far. There won't be any use complaining about things that couldn't be changed anyway so what's the point? You only exhausted yourself. Just let it go and watch peacefully, okay? Just like me.
whiters99Aug 16, 2020 2:22 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2020 2:23 PM
Dec 2019
sonofbatmanrp13 said:
MunaXs said:
Each episode worse than the last

SAO Alicization – War of Underworld before virus, a great anime
SAO Alicization – War of Underworld after virus, garbage over garbage

I'm not gonna talk about character with slashing sword doing piercing attacks (thats really stupid) or aboiut phisic in battle but...

Asuna with angel wings, really?? what a lack of imagination, that crap of "the power of friendship" is killing me bc thats the lowest recurse that someone could use for his/her creation in fantasy relate. That recouorse mean lack of imagination and talent. Kirito EMO...he was a fighter, a warrior and now, he is afraid of his past? he is the frkn hero and he is asking forgivenes for help or the sake ppl he helped?? And the worst of the worst, the lasst minutes he was in mode GOD, WHY!!!! he just come back from a "COMMA", thiss episode has not sense at all. When you think SAO can´t be worse, the author comes and surprises you

"You can create anything with your imagination" That means the the player is using his/her own will to do that and bc he need a solution to a problem X but thats not whats going on in SAO. Everythin is " WTF is going on, I´m so powerful tks to my friends "thats no will, thats crap. And did you know how someone fells after waking up from a coma?? Believeme, they dont even know where the hell they are.
Aug 16, 2020 2:26 PM
Dec 2019
whiters99 said:
MunaXs said:
And the worst of the worst, the lasst minutes he was in mode GOD, WHY!!!! he just come back from a "COMMA", thiss episode has not sense at all. When you think SAO can´t be worse, the author comes and surprises you

Funny, what have you been expecting so far? That he'll wake up weakly and then have the war suddenly postpone for months to wait for him recovered?

This kind of expectation is more....nonsense in my opinion.

Anyone with brain would have already expected something like this the moment the war already escalated this far, that Kirito will wake up and turned everything to his side's favor. How else his awakening will cause change if he's as weak as you wanted him to be after coma? What's the point of you watching the series this far? You can't even tell how it might end up?

Even before I read the volume 18, I already could tell from how badly their situation was and how long the author's been building the moment up for 3 whole volumes that the MC will definitely wake up godly. I'm so shocked that there's actually someone who can't even see something obvious like this coming until just now.

I won't comment much on the other points you mentioned since for me the friendship thing in this episode is also quite cringey as well. Though, I suppose you should learn how to just enjoy the series you've been following so far. There won't be any use complaining about things that couldn't be changed anyway so what's the point? You only exhausted yourself. Just let it go and watch peacefully, okay? Just like me.
I undertand your point but all I am asking for is a little of logic and a good argument. The autor waste a lot of time with nonsense fights but he can´t make a good argument.
Aug 16, 2020 2:28 PM

Aug 2016
MunaXs said:
"You can create anything with your imagination" That means the the player is using his/her own will to do that and bc he need a solution to a problem X but thats not whats going on in SAO. Everythin is " WTF is going on, I´m so powerful tks to my friends "thats no will, thats crap. And did you know how someone fells after waking up from a coma?? Believeme, they dont even know where the hell they are.

Ah...

You see, it's not being told yet but in actuality, Kirito isn't really "unconscious" this whole time. He just couldn't respond or process the informations received on his brain thanks to the damage on the soul thing. It's like there's a problem with his Input/Output. Once he recovered, he could perfectly recall his interactions with people during his coma, like the time with Alice in that wood house for example.
whiters99Aug 16, 2020 2:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2020 2:46 PM

Aug 2016
MunaXs said:
I undertand your point but all I am asking for is a little of logic and a good argument. The autor waste a lot of time with nonsense fights but he can´t make a good argument.

I know what you feel. I read the novel and even I think that it was quite a bullshit. But well, this "Incarnation" thing is a lot more complex than you think in actuality. Basically, there's also strict requirement on how you can manifest something based on your imagination.

First thing first is your mentality. You must be perfectly sure that what you're imagining is possible. A slight dilemma will cause the whole system to fall down. For example like summoning godzilla like you said, it won't be possible if Kirito doesn't believe himself that it's possible.

Second is related to the first. To fulfill the requirement on first, experience is the most crucial factor. Before, Sinon managed to summon a gun from GGO, that is because she spent a lot of time with that gun and extremely familiar with it, even knowing how gun works in real life.

As for Kirito, he won't be able to do the same thing because he's not too familiar with guns and thus unable to "convince" himself that it's possible.

In short, as long as your imagination is vivid enough and you have the enough mental strength to do that, it's possible to do anything in underworld. This Underworld is just similar to a "lucid dream" thing where you can conjure anything you imagine so don't think too hard about it even though it was quite a bullshit yeah.

But I want to point out something to you guys. This whole cringey friendships are so vexing indeed but this is more like the problem with the adaptation, not the series itself. Because in the novel, I didn't feel so cringe like this and do you guys know why?

Example: In the novel, Asuna has her narrative monologue that described her bad conditions rather than thinking it out loud (Ahh I can't move, it's uselessss). And Yuuki only appeared briefly to push her back and let Asuna uses the Mother Rosario sword skills, she isn't being "Go go, Asuna you can do it, fight on~" again and again like in anime. Or like the cringe cheering from her friends, she's actually putting on an effort to stand up on her own. There's other LOT of examples too but it's too tiring pointing it one by one.

....Basically, this is the fault of the A-1 pictures who's corrupted like those cringey korean dramas, making unnecessary additions thinking the scene would be more "touching" even tho it's not. This is the fault of the studio that incompetently depicted the actual scene in the novel which create lameass dramas.
whiters99Aug 16, 2020 3:15 PM
Aug 16, 2020 3:07 PM
May 2014
I really hate when they use the power of friendship card.
Aug 16, 2020 5:15 PM

Oct 2017
Chiibi said:
Ventus_S said:

This is Mirai Nikki level of writing and characterization.

@biswa290701:

Well maybe the west buy this, but apparently the East doesn't.
Up until now the opinion is the East has been extremely controversial.

And yes , I genuinely think this is Mirai Nikki level of writing and characterization cuz that's the only reason I'd give out a 1/10. (I gave a 6 in all the previous entry/ season)
This got to be the most pointless flashback I've ever seen for those "mc stand up moment".

You can skip the whole war thing, whole Alice with Kirito thing, whole everyone talking to Kirito thing and the whole wakeup sequence would be unaffected whatsoever.
Apparently all you need to do is let the outside ppl connect 4 of his harems' memories to talk to him.
Screw all the development, screw every other characters that try to help Kirito, screw the whole war, they're completely unrelated. Even w/o the war Kirito will wake up anyway.
Even if you put this episode like 15 episode earlier the sequence won't be any different. It just that people won't desperately prey for Jesus Kirito to help save the world so Kirito can't show off his Jesus power.

There's nothing new added in this flashback, I see no character growth or development in this flashback. Apparently Kirito is traumatize about everything up til now but only at this instance when he becomes a vegetable. Back then all those traumatize moments weren't affecting his life and he acts very cheerfully. It's only when he become a vege he's traumatized. If he had ripped his heart , he'd have done so way earlier before the glasses dude do anything. Apparently he conveniently did all those confession and ripped his heart only at the instance when glasses guy trying to revive him. (Yeah convenient plot and plot armour has been moto of SAO since the beginning but whatever)

Also not just Kirito, the characterization and asspull of all the villains are even worse.
PoH being the worst villain so far with all the bullshit and infinite life.
As if he's the only guy out of all the 80000 players that have sad/ hateful memory , what gives him right to do all those asspull? His love with Kirito?
Apparently out of all the 80000 otakus, there're only 2 guys with infinite will power to do whatever they want in UW world, which is Kirito and PoH, all the rest are bunch of idiots that can't do shit with no past , no memory, and no will of their own.

For good example of MC stand up/ power up moment, just go check Demon Slayer ep19 or even RE:Zero season 2 ep4.
SAO season 3 got everything wrong.
Ventus_SAug 16, 2020 5:27 PM
Aug 16, 2020 5:29 PM

Nov 2008
Ventus_S said:

Well maybe the west buy this, but apparently the East doesn't.

Source please.

And yes , I genuinely think this is Mirai Nikki level of writing and characterization cuz that's the only reason I'd give out a 1/10. (I gave a 6 in all the previous entry/ season)

Really? Do I have to list ALL the stupid crap Mirai Nikki pulls that SAO does not? Okay, here we go....

SAO DOES NOT HAVE:

*a wimpy, stupid protagonist who makes bad choice after bad choice

* a disgustingly unhealthy and twisted "romance" with a character who should be a villain.

* a FOUR-YEAR-OLD ASSASSIN. Insult our intelligence MORE, why don't you.

* a totally unlikable cast of characters who we are supposed to be invested in.

*people who are so braindead they forget things five minutes after being told something.

*a batshit insane yandere who has little reason to even be the way she is.

*an author who doesn't know what the f**k he is even doing because the plot makes no sense.

Aug 16, 2020 7:00 PM

Dec 2012
Asuna be like "I can't move my legs"
Asuna next minute go like brrrrrr, stab stab stab

Kirito be like "zzzzZZ"
Kirito be like "boohoo forgive me my waifus i'm no good" (no sense)
Kirito at the end be like "I'm back bitches, taste my god mode"

Cliche parts, not a bad episode, but some things really bothered me. Fuck's going on with Yuuki and Asuna getting wings. If you gonna grow a pair just do it and blame it on the god account (so much for being a goddess). Save the dramatic un-explainable shit.
At least seeing this kind of depressed Kirito was fresh. And of course Eugeo mysteriously appears on the connection screen of that real world guy.

Let's see what happens next.
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Aug 16, 2020 9:29 PM
May 2020
skyUFO said:
So Kirito was pretty messed up from not being able to protect all those people who died, and Eugio back then was the last hit that really broke him, and that's why he simply had to have Eugio to help him recover too.
I hope they'll get a chance to explain this a little more in detail later on, like they did in the light novels.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Kirito didn't get his arm back there, he just imagined himself a pseudo-whatnot arm for a little bit there.

I agree!!
Usually it's Asuna coming as a a hope to Kirito and thought it will be the same.
But that not being enough for him to recover and Eugeo coming to help him makes so much more sense and satisfaction for me
Aug 16, 2020 10:19 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Holy shit Yoshitsugu---Kirito, who hurt you? Damnit... I know it's been like a whole season, but damn did not expect that raw emotion to rip a hole in my throat. Also, didn't think we'd hear from Eugeo again. That hurt a lot. The pacing seemed to drag near the end, but it didn't stop the knot in my throat from building. That said, I really enjoyed how they finally addressed and visualized the PTSD he must have built up.

On a sidenote, does this mean that where Alice ascended AI-- Kirito ascended humanity/mortality (since they basically backed him up... and it's from a little bit of AI (Eugeo) inside of him? Or wait... did Eugeo call to the outside in order to give his memory? How did that work...? I don't want to believe he's alive, since he said he wasn't... but it said the "object" made a connection from the Underworld))

Also yikes at this toxic thread... I thought I knew it was coming, but big yikes.
KaguyachinchinAug 16, 2020 10:23 PM
Aug 16, 2020 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
at last Harem king is awake thx to Eugeo and the other 3 girlfriends lolz
5/5.

Aug 17, 2020 1:03 AM

Feb 2008
Finally the Alpha and Omega is awake, ready to bust some butts.

The Asuna fight was terrific. Reminded me of the good ol fash Gurren Lagann style, anyone know if trigger animators are working in this final season?

I really didn't understand the whole waiting 6 eps for Kirito awakening, but I am used to wait a lot of episodes for actual plot development. It just grows on you. But let's stop the cliffhangers now and show me some Kirito slashing.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Aug 17, 2020 1:14 AM
Jul 2020
Aw yeah, Kirito! It's clobbering time!
Aug 17, 2020 2:06 AM

Jul 2015
I really want to say that this can't get any worse but at this point I'm expecting it to get worse.
Aug 17, 2020 2:56 AM
Jun 2017
KIRITO IS AWAKEN...

AND WHO DID TRIGGER HIS WAKING MOMENT? is it sinon, or some of his girls --- NOPE!!!, Is it Asuna?-- can be, Is it Eugeo-- YES!!! when he shows on kirito's mind, he has been awaken (alongside with his girls)...

yeah... lets see what will happen with this one
Aug 17, 2020 3:29 AM

Nov 2017
Finally the return of Kirito!
Aug 17, 2020 3:31 AM

Feb 2014
Asuna's Mother's Rosario was so beautiful. Too bad it wasn't enough to kill PoH.

Potato Kirito is awake now.
Aug 17, 2020 6:38 AM

Nov 2010
Three hoes = ❌
Eugeo = ✔️

The truest definition of bros before hoes.

Also, the brief action scene between PoH and Asuna was superb.
Aug 17, 2020 6:41 AM

Nov 2010
Crylix said:
Asuna be like "I can't move my legs"
Asuna next minute go like brrrrrr, stab stab stab

Kirito be like "zzzzZZ"
Kirito be like "boohoo forgive me my waifus i'm no good" (no sense)
Kirito at the end be like "I'm back bitches, taste my god mode"

Hahaha I love this. Please narrate my life.
Aug 17, 2020 7:03 AM

Sep 2017
wow the Asuna v PoH fight was really great, though it was a short sakuga but i really like that artstyle like Bercouli v Vector before. hopefully there will be another of this sakuga

and welcome back Jesus-kun
Aug 17, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Kirito just wanted to chill with Eugeo but those three third wheels kept butting in lol
Aug 17, 2020 8:03 AM

Sep 2019
At last! at last! my boi is back.
Aug 17, 2020 8:08 AM
Aug 2020
Great episode. I dont know if its because I lost my wife a little over a year ago' Or if its just that I pay attention to detail but I've been hyper sensitive to the weight Kirito has been carrying all this time without reading the LN. It really jumps out at me each time his soul suffers from one of the events or his memories. It may be why I associate with him so well. Usually the male leads in a anime are iritating to me in some or most ways. Not Kirito. The nightmare sequence was really awesome at showing his inner demons he has been carrying around with him to the forefront in a huge way. To watch him try to rip out his own heart is such a painful moment. Couldnt help but tear up.

Asuna & Yuuki again with one of the best ever returns of a lost character for a second ti.e. it was GREAT in Ordinal Scale and even MORE AWESOME!!!! here. I loved the wings so much. The moment Yuuki appears tears start to run. I cant help it, dealing with my own loss brings on the flood every time I see Yuuki. The only disappointment in this entire episode for me was, as beautiful as it was, when Asuna's angelic wings disapate. I really wish she would have kept them as well as Suguha and Shino getting theirs. They would all match the ceiling in Administrators penthouse.

Im really hoping the excitement continues to build in this arc. These last 3 or 4 episodes really have me dieing each week until Saturday afternoon arives, only to be starved for even more!
Usaka_Aug 17, 2020 8:22 AM
Aug 17, 2020 8:45 AM
Aug 2020
[quote=Inorichi message=60489297]Still not sure how I feel. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Lot of tiny gripes which I can see why some people are disappointed over. Or I personally don't like.

Flashbacking ALO and GGO The worst crime in this episode.

Why.Why.Why.Why.Why.Why. WHY did they flashback ALO and GGO? I'm 99.9% certaint that this wasn't in the novels, even if it were, there are plenty of scenes they cut in this moment, that would have better served the purpose.

Why would he regret saving Asuna? Why would he regret saving Sinon?
What???????????

Like they just made him a super traumatized pacifist ***** or something? I understand being regretful of being forced to kill Laughing Coffin members since it's possible he could have captured them. But killing Oberon and Death Gun in a VIRTUAL GAME - not SAO, a game, then adding that onto his list
The addition of those scenes not only added no value, it changed the context of the situation entirely. Kirito as a character, is suddenly so weak, he regrets defeating VIRTUAL enemies, in situations where he had to save another person. The addition of these scenes single-handedly drag down Kirito's Character.

------------
It wasnt about who he killed because he didn't actually kill anyone in those scenes but its about the mental baggage that he developed from those situations. But since you couldn't figure that out, and don't understand what mental baggage is, im asuming your really young or just have the attention span of a goldfish. And your brain is not developed to an adult level yet.

Please think before you speak. Its not that hard to figure out. Its really straight forward. Kirito's has picked up a lot of things he regrets throughout each arc of this entire storyline. Not just from arc 1 of season 1. It all continues to build and weigh down his soul. Now rewatch the series and pay atention this time.
Usaka_Aug 17, 2020 9:15 AM
Aug 17, 2020 8:49 AM

Feb 2014
Asuna's mother's rosario moment was splendid. I was happy when Yuuki helped Asuna in her time of need and we were treated to another beautifully animated fight with Asuna going all out against PoH. Despite her excellent attacks, it still wasn't enough to stop him as his powers grew even more chaotic, as did his facial expressions, too...

The build-up to Kirito's awakening was pretty sad. It does hurt to slowly lose control of his emotions when he was reminded of the lives that he took or couldn't save during the events prior to now. Thankfully, he was greeted by Asuna, Sinon, Suguha and best wingman Eugeo and they gave him the push he needed to finally wake up and help Asuna's group when they needed it the most.

Sure, it does feel like the power of friendship trope again, but considering how long this has been building up to this moment, the criticisms of this are a little desperate and empty. It's a trope done to death, but in this case, it was done pretty well. =)

Now I want to see Kirito destroy PoH so badly, but that's still 5 days away... XD
Aug 17, 2020 9:07 AM
Aug 2020
Inorichi said:
SoraSenpai said:
I might be the only one here who cares but I'll paint you the scene.
I'm laying in bed at 1am watching the new episode. It starts. I hear "Kirito" I sit up out of my bed and say to myself..."That sounded Like Sinon...but I don't think that's Sinon." Kirito keeps walking intil he see's four people. My eyes are fucking wide eyed as we zoom in and see Sachi. My blankets flew into the fucking sky. I was literally screaming "It's Sachi It's Sachi It's FUCKING SACHI!" You don't understand how fucking happy I was. I understand there will be no development from here but to know that Sachi and the blackcats were not Thanos snapped out of existence in this anime made me so fucking happy. It took 50+ episodes for Sachi to make some sort of return and I honestly couldn't have been happier (even though I had to relive the tragedy) I it just showed how important Her and the Blackcats were to Kirito's development.

I'm so sick of Asuna. But I would have rather seen her take out PoH then Kirito is about to.

Apparently Sachi had a cameo at the edge of the screen in Ordinal Scale. Can't confirm though so I may be lying. Director said some character makes a cameo at the edge of the screen at the end of the Ordinal Scale movie in some interview, and there were a few people that claimed it was sachi.

Is a credit photo in Ordinal Scale. Also Kirito talks about Satchi and the boys to Asuna after he loses to the commander, explaining why he avoids guilds and people. With flashbacks.

Then again Sachi and crew are again talked about during Extra edition, with flashbacks again.
Aug 17, 2020 9:17 AM
Aug 2020
Meta_Yoshi said:
Asuna's mother's rosario moment was splendid. I was happy when Yuuki helped Asuna in her time of need and we were treated to another beautifully animated fight with Asuna going all out against PoH. Despite her excellent attacks, it still wasn't enough to stop him as his powers grew even more chaotic, as did his facial expressions, too...

The build-up to Kirito's awakening was pretty sad. It does hurt to slowly lose control of his emotions when he was reminded of the lives that he took or couldn't save during the events prior to now. Thankfully, he was greeted by Asuna, Sinon, Suguha and best wingman Eugeo and they gave him the push he needed to finally wake up and help Asuna's group when they needed it the most.

Sure, it does feel like the power of friendship trope again, but considering how long this has been building up to this moment, the criticisms of this are a little desperate and empty. It's a trope done to death, but in this case, it was done pretty well. =)

Now I want to see Kirito destroy PoH so badly, but that's still 5 days away... XD

Im so glad im not the only one who understands what's transpired.
Aug 17, 2020 10:05 AM

Mar 2008
OrangeRafi said:
Asuna's Mother's Rosario was so beautiful. Too bad it wasn't enough to kill PoH.

That was a beautiful attack that's for sure. The only downside is that it was entirely pointless. Kind of rough for Yuuki that she uses up her return from the grave for one moment card to power up Asuna and change nothing in the equation. You really hope to play that kind of card in a moment that has purpose and impact behind it.

At least it was pretty though!
Aug 17, 2020 12:05 PM
Aug 2020
FlareKnight said:
OrangeRafi said:

That was a beautiful attack that's for sure. The only downside is that it was entirely pointless. Kind of rough for Yuuki that she uses up her return from the grave for one moment card to power up Asuna and change nothing in the equation. You really hope to play that kind of card in a moment that has purpose and impact behind it.

At least it was pretty though!

Idk. I think it had impact. Not the impact that you hope for, end game impact. But it hasn't had that impact neithdr time it was used. It was still devastating none the less. And gives everyone time to gather again and kirito time to wake up. So I would say its impact was still really good.
Aug 17, 2020 12:24 PM

Feb 2018
Finally Kirito! I was starting to think he was hibernating.
Aug 17, 2020 3:16 PM

Sep 2017
Uhhh just when I was enjoying seeing Kirito suffer
خ
Aug 17, 2020 3:39 PM

Dec 2015
All those flashbacks only make me sure that previous Seasons had so much better design, direction and story. Also, I guess this episodes confirms Eugeo is now part of the harem
Aug 17, 2020 4:08 PM
Feb 2018
I feel like the episodes are just the same. Nothing new at all. If somebody is in danger then BOOM miracle kicks in and saves the day. Boring for me.
Aug 17, 2020 4:33 PM

Sep 2012
Just when I thought SAO couldn't get any worse, it somehow managed to prove me wrong. I watched Alicization thinking it would be better because for the LNs I've read it seemed pretty good and it was at first but now it's just fallen to sh*t. I shouldn't be disappointed, yet I still am. Guess I'm a little stupid when it comes to that though.

Honestly, I agree with the idea of Kirito having moderate to severe PTSD. Like yeah, that's normal when you go through trauma, especially when you're put through multiple 'kill or be killed' scenarios. But the way they showed it and the way they've never really shown psychological impact in this show makes it fall so so flat. As a psych major, it just feels so fake. If you're going to show the psychology of putting your life on the line, at least do it well jeez. It wasn't realistic at all.

There were just so many asspulls this episode. I'm going to hold on till the end just because I want to see where the hell this'll end up. God knows why.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 17, 2020 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not an SAO hater, I think it's been consistently average with a few exceptions (Mother's Rosario, the movie, S1 of Alicization) and this season is the worst it has ever been. I will be finishing it, but my God, is it fucking horrible. This is like 3/10 territory.
Aug 17, 2020 5:55 PM
Aug 2020
SurvivedEndless8 said:
I'm not an SAO hater, I think it's been consistently average with a few exceptions (Mother's Rosario, the movie, S1 of Alicization) and this season is the worst it has ever been. I will be finishing it, but my God, is it fucking horrible. This is like 3/10 territory.

I guess I dont get what you're looking for. Its compiled 4 seasons and 2 feature length films, one of which was a theatrical release with all new material. At which point did you expect anything different?

If you hate it that much why are you still watching? Try something else. No way I would invest this much time in something I didnt like. You pretty much hate 90% of it. It baffles me that you would have continued past season 1 if you hated it. Part of me thinks you probably missed the points of all those sections you hate. And part of me thinks your just wanting to be part of the cool club and complain.

How about instead of complaining you find another show.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.