Forum Settings
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 9, 2023 9:16 PM

Dec 2008
People need to take better care of themselves. Obviously in a fantasy rpg world theres quests by the average pleb or person needing some serious help, but this all reminds me of how ill prepared so many people can be for way too many kinds of situations. ANd it pisses me off. HAve enough supplies and food and water, have some medical supplies, etc. Its not hard to try and plan as best you can. ONe can only be so prepared, but one can therefore STILL be prepared to some decent degree or better.
YOU got a large group of able bodied people, yet despite all their skills and knowhow, they foolishly follow a young girl with a crap pla, and then most of them die, and she gets captured and...oof. 
I still like how realistic and brutal modern rpg shows can depict their worlds. IT makes sense in a way that things that can happen to people in a world of monsters that can be violent and terrible as can be imagined, but how else does one expect monsters to act? IT is the same for Tolkiens MIddle Earth, The D&D Forgotten Realms, Warhammer settings, etc. Theres watered down depictions ad versions, but suspension of disbelief is needed to make fiction plausible in the telling of it.
The special however took 25 minutes to recap the show, which was unnecessary as theres an actual recap special from years back. 
Then it just...it all doesnt hit right. NOt only that, but the definitions and descriptions of some things in the OVA dont make sense. For instance: the so called GOD of Wisdom is a careless and unwise god that gives knowledge freely regardless of the consequences, whilst the God of Knowledge is supposedly the deity of reasoning, truth, and learning etc. THats backwards as can be wtf. 
Then, at the end, Goblin Slayer salvages the lost sword of the stupid girl thats been the bane of everyone, but says " I got the sword, but the scabbard washed away..." 
WTF? THe sword is IN the scabbard, what are you talking about. THis all felt very forced. BUt since theres finally going to be a 2nd season, I figured I would finally watch this OVA...
At lest it seems canon and might actually depict events from the manga. It just hurt to watch...I was gonna rate this lower, but it just shows that the battle against goblins never ends. And the ending was kinda touching, so I bumped this up to a 6/10 ON WARDS TO SEASON 2 THIS YEAR ^<^
Apr 4, 2023 8:54 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
What was with the 20 min recap at the start?

I ended up getting about an hour in, but I just could not pay attention. This was way too boring for me and I found the plot with the that royal/warrior girl very uninteresting..

Dropped but still super keen for season two!
Aug 4, 2023 8:42 AM
May 2021
I had more expectations from a movie but it was alright. The Animation didn't felt movie level at all, it was like episode level lol. Well nvm, hyped for S2!
Aug 29, 2023 10:58 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Finally got around to this movie since I finished my rewatch of the original show recently, and of course I regretted waiting this long to watch it lol, this came out back in 2020 right before the spooky times began which is wild to think about. And looks like i didn’t even have to rewatch the show giving how the first 25 minutes of this is a recap, I’m glad I found that out quickly because it saved me time, but even with just an hour I thought this was an awesome movie, you can’t go wrong with more Goblin Slayer badassery and this had plenty of it, along with his party of course which were a lot of fun once again, and you had the new Noble Fencer girl too who I found to be an enjoyable character, we got to see lots of sides to her as she was torn down and got back up in this movie. She was voiced by Sumire Uesaka too which is just damn awesome, makes me hope she isn’t just a one off character for the arc adapted here.

And the plot of the movie was a fun one, we got to see more dark stuff like the beginning of the show with the fencer girl’s past before Goblin Slayer and his party found her, it was damn gruesome and definitely made seeing the revenge dealt later really satisfying. The Goblin Paladin was cool too, he was a formidable opponent but surprisingly the Goblin Slayer was able to fight him without getting hit shit kicked in like previous big goblin baddies, I did like seeing that for once, and of course the Goblin Paladin’s goal of using metal and being smarter than the average goblin keeps the goblin slaying interesting with them upping the difficulty level each time, it always keeps me wondering what the goblins will be like the next time which is a feeling I love. And i can’t forget to mention the art and animation were very nice in this movie, it did still use CGI but it didn’t hurt it one bit just like the show, White Fox did another great job. And Mili’s song in the credits was a great one as well, Mili and Goblin Slayer go hand in hand at this point lol.

But with that, I guess I now wait for Season 2 this fall, my rewatch of the show and first watch of this movie have really hyped me up, I can’t wait!
Sep 4, 2023 4:19 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to StateofOhayo
i thought it was really good. the fortress fight was crazy, we never got to see what happened with the prisoners but i think they were all saved. what a crazy plan, but it worked.
@StateofOhayo weird, right? They were carrying only 3 prisoners. I guess those were all the ones that were still alive?
Sep 4, 2023 4:20 AM

Feb 2023
lmao I can't believe she did the "girl cuts hair short to show character development" thing xD

The paladin was kind of disappointing. Crazy that they managed to infiltrate the castle. Didn't expect that to work.
Sep 4, 2023 4:22 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to PrimeX
wtf it's the same fucking thing as season one ain't it? Group of inexperienced low-level adventurers underestimating goblins had to be rescued by Goblin Slayer. Seriously at this point you'd be an idiot for not doubting this stupid guild cause they keep sending low levels after goblins and some of them are women too like what? You know full well that these things are capable of, they're not weak as a group and are very quick to adapt and evolve. Why not have a guild-wide announcement to tell everyone that goblins are not something you fuck with if you're low level especially if you're a woman because you will literally become a breeding cow. But they keep fucking doing it as if they're asking for it.
@PrimeX relax bro it's just goblins they're low-level monsters, even a kid can beat one
Sep 26, 2023 8:42 PM

May 2019
I thought that this move was good with a new character introduced, a girl that uses a sword and some magic, cool. It sucks that her party members died and that she was assaulted but it seemed like they were both inexperienced and ill-prepared, whereas Goblin Slayer and his team was prepared and ready. The fight that GS had with the goblin paladin was great and the Priestess joining GS at the end felt like there was a bit more character development with GS even saying he hopes the Priestess will continue to help him.

This felt more like a special or OVA rather than a movie as the animation, while good, didn't seem different from the 1st season. Also, the storyline was decent but it didn't feel like anything extraordinary. Nonetheless I still liked the movie and I'm looking forward to season 2 which will be starting soon.

7/10
Oct 2, 2023 2:23 AM

Jul 2016
"You sure cry a lot."
The way he says it so bluntly is gold, lmao.

Overall this was honestly just okay. It was cool to see Goblin Slayer do what he does best but the paladin seemed really underwhelming compared to the other advanced goblins.
Oct 9, 2023 9:25 AM
Oct 2019
Glad I've been holding on this movie for years lol
Now it's perfect time to finally watch it when Season 2 is airing right now.

Appreciate the Season 1 recap for the first 25min, ngl i already forgot what happened.

God damn i forgot how brutal these goblin was especially what they did towards the girls.

More Slaying Goblins, this time Goblin Paladin?
That was a nice movie, nothing spectacular at all tbh.

7/10
Oct 15, 2023 4:49 PM
Jul 2022
boring and didnt contain anything but saying that goblins evolve
Oct 17, 2023 4:32 PM
May 2021
Meh, its not that good.
Oct 21, 2023 10:04 PM

Feb 2014
So the lighting adventurer had other two females in her party: why did the goblins killed them? Also we have seen more than one slave alive, why did they only saved one slave?

Another question back to the previous adventurers, since they had a scout, how didn't she notice there was a huge dwarf fortress in there? Also, if goblins were trying to do metal casting, how come nobody noticed the smokes from the forges?

Another issue, what's up with that mark on the lighting adventurer's neck? The sole purpose was to make everyone be noticed when the goblin paladin chanted something? That's so lame.

Really bad film.
Nov 11, 2023 1:02 PM
Mar 2021
bruh that egotistical yellow new girl is *** bruh, she just keeps failing people who are trying to help her "you handle the read", "I won't fail" YEA RIGHHTTT, she failed IMMEDIATELY MAN, she's trash!!!, idk why this frustrates me so much
Dec 4, 2023 7:26 AM

Nov 2023
Well, this was a fun anime movie! Still like the OST used.
Dec 30, 2023 2:34 AM

Aug 2019
Noble girl’s plan basically backfired. The moment she saw that the goblins weren’t coming out, she should’ve immediately changed her strategy. I feel bad for her and her friends, especially Noble Girl, since she went through that horrible experience. 

The black armor looks great; I hope we can see it again in season 2. 
Jan 13, 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
Goblin slaying quota met for the day. The world is a better place with more goblins dead.
Jan 14, 2:54 PM
Jan 2024
nice summary of first season
Jan 17, 3:35 PM
Aug 2022
Despite the longer time, I watched it in one breath like a 20-minute episode
Jan 23, 9:56 AM
Aug 2022
Monks Up Guys.
Happy New Year Lol .
that was some good character development of a side character.
man!! those goblin's I seriously hate them , what do they do to women's!!! that's so disturbing especially censorship is making them much worse.
overall I liked it and now heading to sleep đź’¤
Mar 25, 9:19 PM
May 2022
Really good movie
Jun 4, 7:34 PM

Aug 2018
Only actually half the runtime, but I appreciated the recap in the first half nonetheless. It's been a while since I watched Goblin Slayer so that was a nice refresher. I hope we get to see more of the noble girl adventurer in the second season.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is this movie filler or canon?

a0o-kun - Apr 1, 2023

7 by TheJFamilia »»
Apr 6, 2023 10:28 PM

» Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown?

Cypress- - May 26, 2019

8 by Illuminating »»
May 29, 2021 8:23 AM

» Thought this was season 2 just a movie lol

AnimeRealityXXX - Sep 13, 2020

3 by MegamiRem »»
Jan 31, 2021 2:51 AM

» Movie duration

Amazebolas - Aug 5, 2020

4 by yaruka »»
Nov 7, 2020 4:05 AM

» Noble Fencers Party

Opor97 - Aug 10, 2020

2 by Revillo_Phoenix »»
Aug 13, 2020 11:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.