Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 11, 2019 1:18 AM

May 2016
Kenny's bond with Uri, his adoption of Levi along with his preparation for the cruel underground, his first meeting with his loyal Antipersonnel Regiment, and his lifelong search for a meaning to life other than killing. All those important events in his life replayed in his mind as his life slowly faded away with the setting sun. He's a lunatic but deep within, he's a pretty good guy.

Queen Historia gave a good smack on Levi on the behalf of everyone else he'd bossed around. She's pretty much a living legend now.

The Beast Titan finally shows up once again and he was seen kicking the ass of the immensely powerful Armored Titan. I immediately recognized that beautifully sexy and manly voice~

Feb 14, 2019 11:08 AM

Sep 2011
I died at everybody's reaction after she punched Levi!
Feb 26, 2019 5:30 PM
Apr 2016
Levi episode! I betcha all the fangirls were screamin'! Levi getting saved by Kenny was awesome. Historia punching Levi hahaha, that was hilarious. That ending though...
Mar 4, 2019 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
Long live Queen Historia!

Long may she reign!
Apr 25, 2019 8:08 PM

Mar 2009
Never cared for Kenny. Lame character.
Apr 26, 2019 5:21 AM
Jan 2018
The anime kinda ruins Kenny dosnt it. fellow reader's
May 17, 2019 10:32 PM
May 2019
Lol Historia punching Levi 😂
May 23, 2019 1:04 PM

Nov 2016

That was priceless, and they were scared to death to even do a tiny punch to Levi. Kenny back story was interesting and even if he act like he does deep deep down he cared about Levi and in the end gave him a chance to transform someone or himself to titan if needed.
May 23, 2019 2:05 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Dagvi said:
I absolutely loved this episode... this gotta be the best SnK episode so far.
Also it's the first time we saw Levi smile in the main series.

In terms of development, this episode was brilliant, finally cared for Kenny and now I m starting to think I kinda like Levi alot more than I though... that scene got me emotional, really well executed episode, with new stuff getting revealed and Hystoria getting crowned as Queen (that scene was funny indeed).

Also THAT ENDING----
May 23, 2019 2:06 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Varete7 said:
Good episode and good arc overall

Will they fix the quality of animation in this season like David Production did with JoJo in the blu-rays?

Watching the BDs... looked great.
May 25, 2019 5:30 PM

Feb 2018
Good bye Kenny and also Historia became queen
Jun 8, 2019 6:56 PM

Sep 2014
Historia is my queen for sure.

Levis/Kennys backstory was good.

Mikasa smiling when Historia hits Levi.

Great season.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 9, 2019 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
Big ol orangutan titan finally shows up 10 episodes later lol. Wonder what they've been up to.
Jul 13, 2019 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
RIP Kenny! And wow Historia new queen!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 15, 2019 5:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kenny is dead... Levi's backstory was really interesting, life wasn't easy for him.
Jan 6, 2020 10:51 PM

Aug 2018
Jeez i laughed on Queen Historia punching Levi that i replay it a lot lol everyone shocked when she did that xD
So thats what Mikasa whisper on Historia in previous ep lmao silly girl at least that makes Levi smiled.

So Levi had pretty dark childhood past like Mikasa ey. That Kenny background story was great.
Great ep 5/5
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 23, 2020 11:50 PM

Apr 2014
-GLORY TO QUEEN HISTORIA!

-I like how the Ackerman family resumed as the sword of the ruler with Kenny, and now it's been passed down to Levi and Mikasa, at the same time that the new ruler inherited the throne.
Mar 25, 2020 5:23 PM

Mar 2019
Those flashbacks really grey Kenny's character all the way to the end.

I can't believe Historia actually hit Levi. Also Zeke has been fully revealed!
Jun 5, 2020 4:28 AM

Oct 2019
Finally Levi finds about who Kenny actually is..that smile at the end when we punched by Historia was heartwarming..

Historia continues strongly this season and now with the coronation with all the peoples support..

Now that we move on to the next arc I am excited to see who that bearded fellow is actually..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Aug 2, 2020 7:32 AM

Mar 2019
Wdym, this isn't the last episode, why does that look like a part 2 teaser and when does that happen??? Also, Levi smiling was incredibly sad and how Kenny died :'( Ahhhh
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 7, 2020 7:54 PM
May 2020
I guess that's the end for Kenny The Ripper, what a cool character. I really liked his backstory and philosophy. I liked his final moments too. Kinda sad for Levi though.

Wholesome scenes like this one with Historia, the squad and Levi are always welcome.
Aug 25, 2020 8:38 AM

Feb 2019
QUEEN HISTORIA!

Was expecting her to punch Levi in the face.

Beast Titan guy looks like a chad.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 3, 2020 11:32 AM
Jul 2020
I really want to know who came out of that beast titan. Is it Erwin's dad...?
Nov 12, 2020 4:02 PM

Feb 2020
i think kenny was a kind of interesting character, and we got some insight into his and levi's backstories which was nice

and that moment with historia and the squad and levi was cute :)

EW REINER AND BERTOLDT I HATE THOSE LOSERS and at first i had thought the beast titan was eren's dad but now we know that eren ate him, who is this guy? erwin's dad maybe? not sure
Dec 2, 2020 10:34 AM

Apr 2020
Kenny is now dead, but before he died he revealed that he was actually Levi's uncle. That came unexpected and it is a bummer that he said that before it all ends. And he also handed the syringe, guess that'll come handy.

Historia is officially crowned as Queen of all walls. And we got a wholesome scene when she punched Levi, and damn that was probably his first smile ever in this series. But wholesome was cut abruptly, as Reiner and Bertholdt arrived in Shinganshina. Looks like action will truly come in Season 3 part 2. There's also Erwin's dad being ripped as fuck.
Dec 14, 2020 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing development in this episode. Kenny backstory was really good. And dat smile at the end, Levi is amazing.

Looks like the Bestial Titan is the next enemy, and he is working with Reiner and Bertoldt.
Dec 26, 2020 2:29 AM

Aug 2018
No way, he actually did it.... HE SMILED

They say that the most beautiful smiles are of those who never smile and this episode proved just that,

But seriously that was a beautiful flashback of Kenny where we saw his morals and beliefs and how he raised Levi and left him when it was time. Him not deciding to inject himself with titan transformation was very admirable and unselfish thing. It's sad to see him die just when he became a very likable character.
Dec 31, 2020 11:49 PM

Nov 2020
An excellent conclusion to the Uprising arc. This episode was all about Kenny and Levi's backstory. Kenny was a short lived character but this episode made me care about him. His final scene with Levi was really emotional too. Intriguing twist with the syringe. That's definitely going to be used in the next arc.

Also, Historia's coronation was an amazing scene. Beautifully done. Historia punching Levi in the arm and the squads reaction to it was sweet. Levi's gratitude towards his squad and first smile of the entire show was such a heartwarming moment.

The Beast Titan with Reiner and Bertholdt at the end was shocking. They're building to the next arc wonderfully.
Jan 7, 2021 3:57 AM

May 2020
awesome episode, depth of Kenny was amazing, the blonde dude too
Jan 21, 2021 9:56 PM

Oct 2013
I overall have more criticisms of this season than the last two and have not enjoyed it as much, but this episode is not just my favorite of the season but my favorite of the entire series thus far. I loved this episode so much I'm ~64 days into my anime journey, and nearly a decade in, and just decided to create a notepad of my favorite anime episodes because of this one.

It's been a long time since I've felt a character has been written in a remotely innovative or unusual way, but I feel that about Kenny. The whole glimpses of the church, the Reiss family's involvement with religion, having a messiah walk among them, seeing the faintly Buddhistic line of succession from a third party; it gave me a lot to think about. It also has me seriously questioning Ymir's backstory and her role as "queen" 60 years ago...

10/10 episode

☩ Discord: the.path.to.pathos
☩ RateYourMusic
☩ last.fm
Jan 29, 2021 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode.
This was the culmination of Historia's arc and closure to Levi's past.

Long live the Queen Historia!
I can't believe this mad woman actually punched Levi!

also wtf, beast titan was a dilf all along
Feb 5, 2021 4:51 PM
Aug 2020
Kenny and Levi..that was sad man

Also Historia is the queen now as she should!! <3

this is the first and maybe the las time we've seen Levi actually SMILING AHHHHHH that scene was funny with the whole gang XD

The beast titan, is it Erwin father??? hmmm
Feb 11, 2021 6:57 PM

Apr 2007
Damn I didn't think I'd end up liking Kenny this much, but despite having so little screentime he left such a big impression! Great backstory which also helped flesh out Levi more as well. tbh I've never been much of a Levi fan up to this point, but all the events of this season changed that.

I can't believe I stopped reading the manga literally right before these amazing events lol (before vs Rod Titan)
Apr 22, 2021 6:25 AM
Sep 2018
THAT ENDING. Yellow Hair , Glasses, Father Disappeared. GOTTA BE THAT GUYS DAD RIGHT?!
Apr 22, 2021 6:25 AM
Sep 2018
THAT ENDING. Yellow Hair , Glasses, Father Disappeared. GOTTA BE THAT GUYS DAD RIGHT?!
Apr 28, 2021 2:00 AM

Jan 2018
That Levi smile <3

Historia is cute af
May 5, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2020
Queen Historia that has a really nice ring to it lolol

Also Levi was a cute kid
May 12, 2021 7:38 PM

Jul 2014
Kenny was his uncle the whole time, what a coincidence
May 15, 2021 2:57 PM
May 2021
I've decided to stop watching Shingeki no Kyojin
Oct 29, 2021 10:09 AM
Nov 2020
Kenny only lasts half a season but he's such an interesting and heartfelt character its crazy.
Nov 2, 2021 6:05 PM

Jun 2020
This episode focuses on Kenny's past and how he met Uri

Now meeting Levi he wasn't a bright kid back then while he's on the verge of death I didn't know he would take care of him momentarily until he left him while he was strong enough

End of the line for Kenny and knowing Levi is an Ackerman as well things seem to make sense, Beast Titan is back and I think we all know who that is.

Nov 20, 2021 5:41 PM
Nov 2016
After this episode, all I can say is; the squad Glo'd up!
Dec 18, 2021 8:05 AM

Jul 2016
So i guess Kenny just ded now huh... u cryin not me
Dec 30, 2021 3:40 AM

Jul 2021
this episode was fine.

we learn about kenny's past and bit of levi's too.

i'm sorry but i found this hilarious for some reason.

kenny wanted to experience the power of the king.

poor levi keeps losing his family and comrades. he find out kenny was his mother's brother when kenny is on the brink of death. kenny's death was sad even though he was introduced in just this season.

happy to see historia embrace her new self, loved to see her as queen.

last part was funny, they all were encouraging historia to smack levi xD

shit that last part, seems like beast titan is even more powerful than the armoured titan, fuck

we again see the mysterious bespectacled ripped dude. he looks cool af tho ngl

seems like reiner and bertlot are gonna reenter the walls to take annie back with them, which seems impossible considering annie's kept in wall sina that too somewhere underground.

excited for next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 4, 2022 7:49 AM

Dec 2012
Kenny got caught.
Uri and Rod.
Holy shit! That's his sister?
She's dead.
A kid.
His name is Levi.
Levi learns the truth.
Kenny is dead.
Historia is queen.
Dat punch.
Reiner and Bertolt.
Beast Kyojin.
Koyasu!
Dat ending.

OMG! They killed Kenny! You bastards! Levi and Mikasa are cousins?

Watch date: 5/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2022 10:35 PM

Dec 2020
KENNNYYYYYYYY!!!!!! o7

historia's crowning was BEAUTIFUL. loved the little comedy-heartwarming moment that came after it. i kinda wanted to see her Fully slap levi there but even a punch is revolutionary

beast titan be uglyyyyyy Sorry **** you should just leave that beard man
Jan 21, 2022 5:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kenny last moment and handed over that injection to Levi. Well, his backstory was justified. Everyone had something to drunk to keep pushing on, and sure its slave them into the death. So what about Levi? What keep him pushing on? Unfortunately there's no monologue, yet, there. So his thanks toward his newly squad kinda guess the answer of those question, from Kenny. Interesting end of the Historia coronation arc. Historia really suited well with those glorious outfit. And i can't help but laugh when seeing Mikasa smug face. She sure enjoyed those maginificent scene, little queen punched her own captain xd.

Alright. Back to another case. Wall Maria, and those ugly furry titan. Pretty sure that Dio man looks familiar. Guess who?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 5, 2022 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
Somehow i'm just not impressed with this kenny arc but i guess it's essential for the story. all i care about is that beast titan and that man reminds me of Ervin's father the teacher
Dec 17, 2022 3:38 PM
Aug 2022
sad end to kenny, loved all the info on Levi ACKERMAN and the scene of historia hitting him was cute
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

114 by therealnagora »»
May 27, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 25, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.