Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 9, 2018 3:31 PM

Dec 2016
GINTAMA IS MY MOMMY! <3
Jan 9, 2018 3:41 PM

Jul 2016
MADxist said:
GINTAMA IS MY MOMMY! <3

GINTAMA IS MY DADDY
Jan 9, 2018 3:42 PM

Dec 2016
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Jan 9, 2018 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
anyone else prefer the ending over the opening?

also sorta a spoiler but not really

I can't wait to see the freak out over future deaths...
Jan 9, 2018 4:40 PM
Nov 2013
gilanggifari02 said:
crystalblade13 said:

A little too spoilery here bro. You should probably edit/ delete the utsuro part, and maybe the enshou part.

My bad. I thought it wasn't that important. So it's safe to say that. I'm gonna edit it. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks. :) I'm a manga reader too, but I know many anime onlies personally and they get bugged from even minor spoilers. So it may just be my personally experience, but I was just suggesting that to be safe lol.
Jan 9, 2018 5:40 PM

Aug 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

but why suddenly include him?
Also I'm talking about the women not the men, the ones that were standing next to the detective.
You'll see why(*cough* it's like a sequel to 4 Devas *cough*

and give me a time stamp for the 2 women in the opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rayHZiEJfXU

I read the manga so i don't know why if he will appear later.

https://youtu.be/wbKChlZ7L44?t=1m15s
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 9, 2018 6:01 PM

Jul 2015
Mezo-RPWPA said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
You'll see why(*cough* it's like a sequel to 4 Devas *cough*

and give me a time stamp for the 2 women in the opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rayHZiEJfXU

Blue Hair girl is Tetsuoke(was from Benizakura, Excaliber, and 4 Devas arc) and yellow hair girl is Tatsumi(she was in Episode 53, and 4 Devas arc)
Sup...
Jan 9, 2018 6:13 PM

Aug 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Blue Hair girl is Tetsuoke(was from Benizakura, Excaliber, and 4 Devas arc) and yellow hair girl is Tatsumi(she was in Episode 53, and 4 Devas arc)

Thanks for the help
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 9, 2018 8:46 PM

Nov 2014
Draconix814 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
I'm praying for a split cour since the manga isn't done, time for a breather for the animators, and to make another entry in MAL to make more funny salty discussions

I disagree, this should be the last season of Gintama. 51 consecutive episodes will give the anime enough momentum and conclude with enough bang to really impact everybody involved. But that's not the only reason. I just want to see it end, I hate it when series drag on forever without conclusions and I know many people are the same. Just let the series end with a bang and it'll be established as an utter classic. Waiting for too long will simply ruin the taste. Not to mention, I want to see HOW it ends more than anything.

And GOD NO, I don't want any more salty discussions.

Fully agree with you here. As much as I love Gintama and will be sad when it ends, it is time for it to end. Personally, the last 2 arcs have been very lack-lustre, especially the last arc. I would've dropped Gintama if the last arc was the first thing I saw. It is evident that they have run out of ideas and so it's better that they end the show with a bang and give the show the great ending it deserves than to drag it on just to milk money.
Jan 10, 2018 3:21 AM

Sep 2015
MajorsMaskLink said:
MADxist said:
GINTAMA IS MY MOMMY! <3

GINTAMA IS MY DADDY

GINTAMA IS MY ONII CHAN
Jan 10, 2018 3:59 AM

Sep 2017
Karma-Senpai said:
Draconix814 said:

I disagree, this should be the last season of Gintama. 51 consecutive episodes will give the anime enough momentum and conclude with enough bang to really impact everybody involved. But that's not the only reason. I just want to see it end, I hate it when series drag on forever without conclusions and I know many people are the same. Just let the series end with a bang and it'll be established as an utter classic. Waiting for too long will simply ruin the taste. Not to mention, I want to see HOW it ends more than anything.

And GOD NO, I don't want any more salty discussions.

Fully agree with you here. As much as I love Gintama and will be sad when it ends, it is time for it to end. Personally, the last 2 arcs have been very lack-lustre, especially the last arc. I would've dropped Gintama if the last arc was the first thing I saw. It is evident that they have run out of ideas and so it's better that they end the show with a bang and give the show the great ending it deserves than to drag it on just to milk money.

You mean porori and rakuyo?
Porori was arcs that happened before S.A, they animated the better ones in gintama° and left out the rest,thus maybe not that great story and comedy wise. as for its art and animation, most of the staff were working on S.S arc.
It wasn't really an arc.
Rakuyo had good story too, although its lack of comedy bothered me.
Jan 10, 2018 5:44 AM

Mar 2013
Great start for the Final Arc... And the Ending is so Good! The Opening is nice aswell...

Damn! The moments when the characters appear one after another really makes my heart skip a beat...
Madao was the man! Then got beaten up after. I actually crack myself up seeing this, also with Gin-san's "Terminal" lol...
Jan 10, 2018 7:05 AM

Oct 2014
Perfect episode. Good to see Madao again.
Jan 10, 2018 8:13 AM

Feb 2008
Hasegawa's dedication is quite commendable. I imagine having to struggle for every penny is hard, let alone gathering an immense amount of those. Then again, his Madao side prevailed and it all ended as it began.

I am looking forward to whatever is in store for the viewers.
Jan 10, 2018 3:58 PM

Sep 2011
SkyFullOfStars said:

ominous, I would really commend Gorrilla is he can muster the balls to actually kill some characters and keep them dead as long as its done in a way that doesnt shit on their character or reduces it to shock value. I have always kind of had the thought in the back of my head that gintoki dying at the end really isnt that out of the realm of possibility or that unfitting thematically.

Though speaking as someone who doesnt know anything about these aforementioned deaths you speak of aside from unfortunately knowing the one thats going to happen pretty early into this season, the only people I can honestly buy dying isnt anyone from the reccurring cast but more just the likley deaths of people like takasugi or umibozu, granted i think umibozu's death ship has reversed course during rakyou when they honestly should of killed him off. Takasugi feels 50/50 but I do hope they kill him, it just feels more fitting.

But I don't know what actually will go down so we will see, gintama has been a strangely sad series and really doesn't shy away from surprisingly tragic scenarios so it'd be fitting to go soul crushing for its final arc though it needs to be careful cause the series thematically had always dabbled in the idea of people moving on from tragedy, everyone in the show has lost something major or gone through a hellish backstory to varying degrees so killing certain characters off would potentially upset that theme.
JizzyHitlerJan 10, 2018 4:03 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 11, 2018 12:07 AM

Sep 2017
JizzyHitler said:
SkyFullOfStars said:

ominous, I would really commend Gorrilla is he can muster the balls to actually kill some characters and keep them dead as long as its done in a way that doesnt shit on their character or reduces it to shock value. I have always kind of had the thought in the back of my head that gintoki dying at the end really isnt that out of the realm of possibility or that unfitting thematically.

Though speaking as someone who doesnt know anything about these aforementioned deaths you speak of aside from unfortunately knowing the one thats going to happen pretty early into this season, the only people I can honestly buy dying isnt anyone from the reccurring cast but more just the likley deaths of people like takasugi or umibozu, granted i think umibozu's death ship has reversed course during rakyou when they honestly should of killed him off. Takasugi feels 50/50 but I do hope they kill him, it just feels more fitting.

But I don't know what actually will go down so we will see, gintama has been a strangely sad series and really doesn't shy away from surprisingly tragic scenarios so it'd be fitting to go soul crushing for its final arc though it needs to be careful cause the series thematically had always dabbled in the idea of people moving on from tragedy, everyone in the show has lost something major or gone through a hellish backstory to varying degrees so killing certain characters off would potentially upset that theme.

I think koka (?) Told him he still has something to do so that's why he came back. Also it wouldn't be that enotional if he died, we were focused on koka and utsuro's past and oboro.
You think you're unfortunate? The more i try to escape spoilers the more i encounter.
somewhat SPOILER

i know about 3 already, amd i didn't even want minor spoilers.
They're far into the series tho, one happened about a month ago, i don't know about this one you're talking about.

I've been preparing myself for gintoki's death. Like there's no reason for that to not happen.
Jan 11, 2018 8:02 AM

Sep 2011
Salamak said:

I've been preparing myself for gintoki's death. Like there's no reason for that to not happen.
ehhh I dont think thats guaranteed, i think him dying is significantly more likely than other jump protagonists, but even then I'd say that would leave him around like a 5% chance of death. Its more like if your not from jojo your jump protag is fine and even in that franchise some of the protags had way more plot armor than most.

I just dont think killing gintoki is too out of the realm of possibility, but I feel like there's way more set up for him to survive.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 11, 2018 8:29 AM

Sep 2017
JizzyHitler said:
Salamak said:

ehhh I dont think thats guaranteed, i think him dying is significantly more likely than other jump protagonists, but even then I'd say that would leave him around like a 5% chance of death. Its more like if your not from jojo your jump protag is fine and even in that franchise some of the protags had way more plot armor than most.

I just dont think killing gintoki is too out of the realm of possibility, but I feel like there's way more set up for him to survive.

Considering this is a gag anime that will be too sad of an event, i'm like on 10 percent of chance myself, but still..
He might "die" and then comes back tho.
Yet, if he actually dies, gintama might beat fmab for good in MAL.
Jan 12, 2018 8:06 AM

Sep 2016
ah, I can't watch this anymore
these continues generic battle shonen arcs are just too painful to watch, I don't think I can follow this to the end.
I guess I will just continue skimming through the manga that (hopefully) will end soon.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 12, 2018 10:15 AM

Jul 2015
GangsterCat said:
ah, I can't watch this anymore
these continues generic battle shonen arcs are just too painful to watch, I don't think I can follow this to the end.
I guess I will just continue skimming through the manga that (hopefully) will end soon.
even though it has the comedy on its side(like we are going to be getting a episode about a d
Alien sick lol), and the arcs are executed better(not dragged out, everyone gets time to shine etc.) than most of these "generic shounen arcs"
Sup...
Jan 13, 2018 4:16 AM
Oct 2007
That's some epic start ! Madao was super bad*** !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2018 9:32 PM

Mar 2014
Where were the Odd Jobs in the beginning when everyone behaves like they have left? I don't remember them leaving after the end of the Rakuyou arc. I got it, all this was happening at the end of the Rakuyou arc.

And where the heck are Katsura, Elizabeth and Takasugi (and his minions) in the OP?
Maggot_BrainJan 13, 2018 9:39 PM
Jan 14, 2018 5:50 AM
Nov 2013
They were
SpikeCB said:
Where were the Odd Jobs in the beginning when everyone behaves like they have left? I don't remember them leaving after the end of the Rakuyou arc. I got it, all this was happening at the end of the Rakuyou arc.

And where the heck are Katsura, Elizabeth and Takasugi (and his minions) in the OP?

They were on their way back from rakuyo. It's likely a pretty far away planet. Keep in mind, that the last season "porori", was chapters that were skipped in the manga. So everything in the porori hen season took place before shogun assassination.

About the OP, there will probably be another one after the first half of this season.
Jan 14, 2018 5:43 PM

Dec 2015
First half was pretty corny, even forced at some points. I was glad to see Baka Ouji, it's been a while since we saw that idiot xDD

OP was good, but I especially liked the ED song. It was good.

And just like the previous few seasons, the animation in this one seems won't be what Gintama deserves. What is BanNam even doing...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 14, 2018 10:37 PM
Jan 16, 2018 11:18 PM

Dec 2015
AH. Gintama's FINAL ARC. I'm feeling a bit emotional here.
Anyways great start! Watching madao is kinda of like a rollercoaster, he has his great moments but the next thing you knew he's recklessly getting stomped on the ground. LOL! Madao is such a legendary character!

Overall episode 1 is a nice build up for the story! and no shinsengumi in the OP, I guess this season is gonna be 2-3 cours tops.
Jan 18, 2018 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
Imagine Madao gathering loose change that would be enough to summon the Yorozuya, it's quite touching.

At the same time, I was temporarily impressed that he got back into his old Immigration Bureau uniform. I thought he was going to badass but instead got his ass handed back to him.

One of the longest intros ever in Gintama before the OP played.

I'm sure this entire arc is going to be awesome. I haven't read the manga to this point so I don't know what's going to happen. I rather read it after everything is over and I'll make comparisons afterwards.

It's great to have the entire Kabukicho district fight back. Katsura and Sakamoto looked good in their outfits, I forgot what it's called but I know the pants are called hakama.
BibimbapskiSep 12, 2018 3:33 AM
臭い-
Jan 22, 2018 12:28 AM

Nov 2013
Absolutely amazing! They definitely stepped up their game ....seems they were saving the budget on Porori-hen because the animation and art is top notch this season.

Madao back to his dignified self, but only momentarily LOL
Refreshing to see so many of the old characters come back into the storyline, especially Prince Hata who hasn't been seen in over 100 episodes.
Not only that, they are using some of the old soundtracks that haven't been heard in a while.

10/10 can't wait for more, perfect start to the finale !
Jan 23, 2018 1:32 AM

Mar 2015
Ayy the gang's back. Even Prince Hata, god bless
Jan 24, 2018 9:18 AM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Salamak said:

Even if you're a main character, you can still die... I better be careful-ttebayo.
this is what Gintoki said some time ago, hope it isnt some foreshadowing :d
Jan 24, 2018 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
ThEoNePugNA said:
JizzyHitler said:

Even if you're a main character, you can still die... I better be careful-ttebayo.
this is what Gintoki said some time ago, hope it isnt some foreshadowing :d
I really doubt it that just seems like a jab at gin's plot armor, especially with only 2 chapters left as of right now I highly doubt it. If gin were to die they'd probably have a few chapters of an epilogue showing everyone moving on.

Again, i think if your not a jojo protagonist or a certain psychopath you are pretty safe for jump protagonists.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 29, 2018 5:42 AM

Mar 2016
After over a decade, Madao has finally bloomed back to his original self as Hasegawa!!! (Reference to episode 188)

Finally, the last arc of Gintama. I can feel the action moments, the funny moments, the feels moments and every other kind of moments about to be released to the audiences in this arc... Time to prepare myself for that!

ShadowkillZJan 29, 2018 6:26 AM
Feb 25, 2018 7:08 AM

Nov 2016
Nice start, it feels good to see everyone again,not just the regular cast,but also the minor characters.

Lol, poor Madao,just when I thought he would redeem himself.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2018 1:32 PM

May 2012
Nice followup from the last few seasons, but well it's still Gintama so very low expectations for this and if ti exists out of two arcs I don't see why they didn't just go with a 24 episode season instead!
May 20, 2018 8:38 PM
Sep 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
That was awesome, the episode itself was fairly simply in context but yet so effective. It played out in a really Gintama'ish way too. :D

I was laughing at Madao in the beginning for his antics but when I saw him collecting all that money and eventually going to Yorozuya to make the job request, I got really emotional. That was such a fantastic subversion and something I should've expected from Gintama.
I also love how everyone gave Yorozuya job requests and it was funny how Sacchan was trying to wrap herself in the job request. XD
The conversation between Otose and Tae was really nice.

Madao with his last stand and epic speech, honestly I loved his speech. Too bad he didn't go out in all the glory that he entered in. XD
I got pretty emotional seeing everyone putting their faith in Yorozuya to return and boy that return was fantastic. I was smiling through the whole thing.

The OP is good but the ED is amazing, I love the visuals especially the end where Gintoki lifts his sword and it changes to the weapons every character uses. Really nice symbolism of how everyone's gonna protect together. Beautiful. <3

Agree with all of this. ^^^

Loved the return of the Yorozuya - from badass to hilarious in a heartbeat!
Feb 18, 2019 7:44 AM

May 2018
TheMemerMan69 said:
I havent watched any season of gintama (except porori hen) but can i still watch this season?

you should watch gintama from the begining bro. One of the best animes ever created, if not the best. You won't regret it ^^
Jul 5, 2019 9:59 AM

May 2015
MADAO was good...to some point. :D

Real shit begins.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 27, 2019 5:22 AM
Apr 2018
Looks like Four Divas arc 2.0. Poor Madao finally had a badass moment and then ruined it. Can't believe Baka Ouji is back. The ed makes me so sad and nostalgic, knowing Gintama will never go back to those care free days of pure comedy.
Nov 24, 2019 1:28 PM
Apr 2016
Madao doing a good job alone! Very sweet. Everyone seems to be back, from that one planet I suppose? Edo is in serious ruins though, it's a very problematic situation.
Nov 28, 2019 6:12 AM

Mar 2015
And the epicness begins! Looking really good so far
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 31, 2019 1:04 PM

May 2016
My last episode of the decade good bye 2019...

Great episode looking forward to this arc.
Mar 19, 2020 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
Not a bad start to the final arc of Gintama.
The gang is back on Earth and Nobunobu seems to have joined Katsura and Tatsuma.
Apr 19, 2020 12:07 PM

Aug 2019
Amazing start to the arc!! I went from laughing at Madao collecting change to feeling so emotional when he went to the Yorozuya with a job request and when Otae brought eveyone else's too.

Loved how Hasegawa protected the kid and his epic speech but in the end he's still stuck in the Madao loop lol. The Yorozuya's return was fantastic and everyone fighting together to protect Edo will be awesome.

OP was really good but ED was the best, especially hot it shows important past events and every characters' choice of weapons.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Sep 1, 2020 8:30 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode, Loved seeing prince Hata again hahaha
this arc is gonna be good...

Oct 23, 2020 7:27 PM

Jul 2020
It was such a nice start, glad to see most of that characters in one episode. LMAO at Madao I thought he'll gonna be badass until the end, poor him XD

And the ED is so good, plus points for the visuals as well (^^)b
Nov 1, 2020 11:16 PM

Jul 2020
LMAO, Madao becomes Hasegawa
Apr 27, 2021 10:29 AM

Dec 2013
AlchemistOfChaos said:
Amazing! In the manga this was so well done and it was even better animated. The OP was all hype seeing all the characters and with a very catchy song.

ED on the other hand was more serious and melancholic. I loved both.

This has potential to be the best season of the series. Animation was top notch, voice acting as always was top notch.

5/5

The ED actually made me full of feels. The entire journey to this moment is here. Damn.
And hope all characters have the ending they deserve, even the ships.
ViriathusApr 27, 2021 10:35 AM
May 22, 2021 7:17 AM

May 2020
Oh boy, final arc time! Loved that MADAO has some spotlight in this episode.
And the OP and ED were pretty good.
Jun 15, 2021 8:53 PM

Jan 2016
Well that episode was super hype. Madao almost become a badass lol

Jul 26, 2021 7:09 AM
Sep 2020
2 nd time watching...Comedy is gold..but The Drama is too much...Its cringe and suffocating..Tooo predictable...They should have taken the serious path instead... not serious enough...no wonder its not as well recieved like shogun assassination arc and Farewell Shinsengumi....Its like a nostalgia act....Its gintama so its great but least best gintama
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 25, 2018

127 by tomoe22 »»
May 11, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 11, 2018

85 by tomoe22 »»
May 10, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 25, 2018

141 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 28, 2018

134 by tomoe22 »»
May 8, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 18, 2018

78 by PrimeX »»
Nov 27, 2023 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.