Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 4, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2015
Another great episode with more world building and hinting on the overarching plot regarding her mother. I'm even more intrigued now!
Aug 13, 2017 10:50 PM

Mar 2012
Random loli bondage 2 episodes in.

Wonder how deep they'll get to before the season ends.
Aug 18, 2017 8:01 AM

Jun 2016
correct me if im wrong... so in this fantasy world there is a multiple country maybe nation... but in this very place is different than the other call the "abyss" ...

but well i like the plot is... it look like its hunter x hunter mining edition lol
Aug 18, 2017 8:59 PM

Sep 2015
Thought her mom was like dead or something for a moment
Aug 28, 2017 1:07 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Liza, the mother is a great caver!!!!
The mistery in every chapter is higger!!!
Aug 30, 2017 2:53 AM

Jun 2013
Regu is a robot but he can eat onigiri. He also blushed when Riko pressed against him. Hmmm...

Riko-chan said "chin-chin" awww so fucking adorable.

Riko and Regu sleeping in the same bed, daaaawwww. Too cute.

This episode was cuteness overload. Kiyui is the the most adorable character in this entire series. He's so fucking cute being so tiny and holding everyone's hand.

Jesus Christ, that storyteller's long ass nose.

Leader must've looked up to Lyza. So Riko's bad eyesight is the curse of the Abyss and she was born in that huge ass hole.

Her mom might still be alive somewhere in the bottom of the Abyss.
臭い-
Sep 9, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
Nice opening and ending. This episode has also met my expectations and makes it more interesting to follow the story. I can not wait for dramatic situations to arrive so that we can better evaluate the series. Kiyui's character is too sweet and cute, like I would hug him! >_<
Sep 14, 2017 12:31 PM

Apr 2015
I really like the concept of the Abyss. The world has lacked that sort of adventure ever since we discovered pretty much all of the colonies that exist.

Noooo, Riko, stay away from robot boy's ochinchin :O Regu made me nervous when he stretched his arm out like that in that one scene...eventually, someone's going to find out about his true origins.

So Riko's mother not only has a legacy, but she sacrificed a major Relic just to have her daughter. That's sweet :) All the adults seem to be kinda hard on Riko, but likely because they expect great things of her.

That note at the end..."I'll be waiting at the bottom." Isn't leaving a note like that to your child kind of dangerous? I'm worried that Riko's going to push herself further than she should to try to find her mother and get herself killed.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 15, 2017 7:47 AM

Mar 2009
I tried to watch this show because I heard a lot of good stuff about it but I just can't. Those pedophile undertones are too much for me. Can't watch it without thinking that the author is fetishising children. Too bad cause the story seemed really interesting and the ost is also great.
Sep 15, 2017 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Namiszon said:
I tried to watch this show because I heard a lot of good stuff about it but I just can't. Those pedophile undertones are too much for me. Can't watch it without thinking that the author is fetishising children. Too bad cause the story seemed really interesting and the ost is also great.

Not real children but cartoon ones. And you say this while you've such an avatar. :D
Sep 15, 2017 12:11 PM

Mar 2009
Rehls said:
Namiszon said:

Not real children but cartoon ones. And you say this while you've such an avatar. :D

First of all doesn't matter if it's cartoon or not so let's not even start this topic and those sweet ladies on my avatar aren't lolis.
Sep 15, 2017 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Namiszon said:
Rehls said:

First of all doesn't matter if it's cartoon or not so let's not even start this topic and those sweet ladies on my avatar aren't lolis.

It does matters. There's so many differences between these cartoon characters and real children. Not saying it matters is like saying there's no difference between a woman with (heavy) make-up and one without. Really, the make-up is of no effect, huh?
And about your avatar: would you wear a shirt with those drawings, in public? No, right? Unless you'd want to be judged by society as some degenerate. Like you've judged the author of this story. You must've realized by now that it was hypocrisy.
Sep 17, 2017 5:39 AM

Mar 2009
Rehls said:
Namiszon said:

It does matters. There's so many differences between these cartoon characters and real children. Not saying it matters is like saying there's no difference between a woman with (heavy) make-up and one without. Really, the make-up is of no effect, huh?
And about your avatar: would you wear a shirt with those drawings, in public? No, right? Unless you'd want to be judged by society as some degenerate. Like you've judged the author of this story. You must've realized by now that it was hypocrisy.

Nah, not really but thanks for your concern.
Sep 20, 2017 4:01 PM

May 2016
Sad how her dad was a black whistle yet still lost his life. Interested to see how things go

Sep 29, 2017 5:38 PM

Dec 2016
Man this anime did a fucking amazing job of adapting the manga, I'm really loving it so far!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 1, 2017 2:16 AM

May 2015
SubscriberSun said:
I'm not here to high road anyone. I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade. But the hanging loli was really gross. Sure maybe I'm not that worked up about it. I don't think you're a horrible degenerate pervert if you continue to watch this show. But I'm done seriously about to drop it. I didn't like it. It bothered me. It ruined the entire episode. And I don't want to watch anymore of a series that thinks that doing a bdsm type scene with a character that young is cool.

You got so triggered. lol

Oct 1, 2017 2:18 AM

May 2015
Namiszon said:
Rehls said:

How does it NOT matter? You're basically saying 2D little girls and REAL little girls are the same.

Oct 1, 2017 3:49 AM

Feb 2014
So, the curse of the Abyss is an actual thing. At first I thought all the health issues were caused by the increasing atmospheric pressure the deeper you go.
Namiszon said:

And yet, you're watching To-Love-Ru Darkness, which highly sexualizes characters that look like and even are 11 year old little girls.
Oct 3, 2017 1:29 PM

Jan 2017
CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN RIKO AND REG!?!?!??!?!

I'm dying, it's just the cutest of the cutest. I can't handle it >____< i love how Reg blushes all the time when close to her and how composed he is.

Amazing reveals went down, as many here i fear her mom is alive. From those sketches the creatures of the Abyss look splendid, totally terrifying and unique, can't wait to see them animated.

The world is so awesome, i love the levels of creativity on this anime.

5/5

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 4, 2017 3:48 AM
Apr 2014
A compass that points towards the sky? I don't get it. Why would anyone need such a thing? Can't they tell where the sky is? Are there some gravity issues in this world? Is their planet not round? Hello?..
Oct 4, 2017 4:17 AM

Sep 2017
gghelis said:
A compass that points towards the sky? I don't get it. Why would anyone need such a thing? Can't they tell where the sky is? Are there some gravity issues in this world? Is their planet not round? Hello?..

lol, nat makes that exact point in the manga. riko is just easily excitable and fascinated by anything related to the abyss.
Oct 4, 2017 4:25 AM

Jun 2016
Rehls said:
Namiszon said:

^^^^^ *looks at forum pic* Holy shit. Lmfao. "Those pedophile undertones are too much for me. Can't watch it without thinking that the author is fetishising children" Pffffft!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 7, 2017 11:29 AM

May 2012
Wonderful progression, really loving where this is going and with also a good backstory it really does look very interesting how it will continue! Really looking forwards to see what's next, and man that ED was really lovely!
Oct 9, 2017 11:10 AM

Jul 2009
Great way to end the episode! I still don't feel attached to the characters just yet, but I love where the story is heading. I'm hoping that the cast will enter the abyss soon though since dilly-dallying too long in the world above might make me lose interest.
SkittlesOct 9, 2017 11:13 AM
Oct 10, 2017 11:59 AM
Sep 2015
Regardless of anyone's opinion, the sexualizing of a 12 year old was extremely uncomfortable. Her being 2D isn't a valid excuse to be like 'lmfao triggered over a drawing" because drawings take inspiration and anatomy from real life. To know how to depict the characters age correctly, they need to see how young children actually look or else she'd have big tits, a deep voice and look like a grown woman. I mean, nothing really there to argue. She LOOKS like a child, she acts like a child, she sounds like a child, she IS a child. It's just plain out gross.

The art style heavily reminds me of Ichigo mashimaro, very cute but starting to get a little boring.
Oct 10, 2017 10:34 PM

Sep 2016
caprisunsis said:
Regardless of anyone's opinion, the sexualizing of a 12 year old was extremely uncomfortable. Her being 2D isn't a valid excuse to be like 'lmfao triggered over a drawing" because drawings take inspiration and anatomy from real life. To know how to depict the characters age correctly, they need to see how young children actually look or else she'd have big tits, a deep voice and look like a grown woman. I mean, nothing really there to argue. She LOOKS like a child, she acts like a child, she sounds like a child, she IS a child. It's just plain out gross.

The art style heavily reminds me of Ichigo mashimaro, very cute but starting to get a little boring.

Lmfao triggered over a 2-3 seconds long scene of nakedness that wasn't presented in a sexual way. If you think the people who are fine with it are because they think "it could be an adult" you're wrong. They literally state in the episode that she's twelve so there's no dumb age debate. It's not sexualizing the characters, it's putting them in a situation they themselves consider as humiliating. Yes, it's uncomfortable to watch but it's kinda the point. If you can't get over a 3 seconds """"""""""sexual"""""""""" scene you better drop this show because there's a few (not a euphemism) other scenes like this in the rest of the show.
Oct 13, 2017 2:14 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty nice OP and ED songs, liking dem visuals too.
So that's how you punish children nowadays huh.
The description of the abyss damn, wonder how Riko will handle that.
Awesome mother Riko's got there, and she isn't dead apparently! Hope she'll meet her in the future.
Oct 14, 2017 12:47 AM

Oct 2013
alpha_shadow said:
Nostalgik said:
Why? It ain't no spoiler

I know it's not a spoiler, but it's a NSFW shot, that's all.

How's that NSFW? My bosses would wanna join in on the fun
Oct 14, 2017 3:13 AM

Jun 2014
Kitoge said:
alpha_shadow said:

I know it's not a spoiler, but it's a NSFW shot, that's all.

How's that NSFW? My bosses would wanna join in on the fun

Can I join you as well?
:3
Nov 6, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2013
The Abyss Curse is so interesting ;O
Reminds me of One Piece's Impel Down in a way

I wonder if Lyza is still there in the Netherlands waiting :O
Maybe like, a fragment of her frozen there or something.

On another note, Reg blushing is so adorbs. I like him together with Riko ^-^
Nov 8, 2017 8:04 PM

Mar 2015
Lmao the way Riko was able to talk about Reg's intimates so casually was hilarious

But damn I love the sinister undertones this anime is spectacularly delivering. Can't wait to watch more!

And yes the OP is catchy as heck!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 22, 2017 10:19 AM
Jan 5, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2016
It's a good and fun adventure so far but I don't like the loli bate stuff I hope they don't keep that up especially since she's canonically 12 and not "oh she's 234543234 but just looks like a child!"
Jan 8, 2018 7:19 AM

May 2015
Them sneaking in, the explanation on how she got saved and the discussion about taking artifacts for themselves got already forgotten, surely no one noticed the missing part of an important sealed document sent by a white whistle, 40 meters of metal cable in a body of what looks like an 8 years old kid makes sense. This anime just doesn't care as long there are the cute scenes or reactions to troubles.

zalJan 8, 2018 7:33 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2018 3:51 AM

Jan 2010
reg mentioning that he'd never get bigger made me sad for some reason. he obvs likes riko and she's just gonna go on a grow without him. rip.
also i mcfreakin loved the scene with lyza carrying riko in that egg thing. it just shows how deeply she cares for her. she seems to badass and an all around legend. love this anime so far. the world's setting reminds me a bit of an anime movie i saw netflix a while back.
Jan 16, 2018 1:07 AM

Sep 2015
Interesting episode they caught me off gaurd when talking about ramming objects into the poor guys buttI was like wait what did she just say XD . Interesting set up with her mom being a legend and that note from her mom is going to get her into all kinds of trouble i'm guessing :O
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 4, 2018 10:45 AM

Mar 2016
We are introduced to a small part of Riko's past, some about her mom and about the abyss itself.
The opening is a combination of cute soothing vocals and a hype-building sequence that REALLY motivate me to watch more and find out more! The ending is also great!
Mar 21, 2018 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
I'm already imagining playing a video game version of this. The setting, the atmosphere, the characters, and everything is just so mild, and relaxing. It's like konosuba except this is more story-driven and instead of comedy we get these adorable little kids.
Apr 9, 2018 9:40 AM

May 2016
The more I watch this, the more compelled I am to give this series an immediate 9. Everything about this anime is just so good and interesting for some reason. Only a little push and it might get a 10 from me~

There were some unusually naughty funny moments in here lol. Turns out that the screenshot of a MiA page wasn't edited after all.

Riko sure got an interesting backstory for her glasses and an even more interesting family background. This Curse of the Abyss got me all curious and Lyza hanging out in the deepest depths for a decade made me even more so. I'd love to know what'll happen next!

Apr 24, 2018 10:48 AM

Sep 2017

Anyway, this reminds me of Attack on Titan.

Riko is the promised child. How unsurprising. Just like Naruto, she is blessed with some powers or some shit.

Riko's mom is a irresponsible mom. Doesn't breastfeed her newborn baby, and leaves her all alone to defeat and get treasure. Then comes back with the treasure and goes back for her last dive. Heavy drinker, delinquent, and dishonest. I think that her husband may not be Riko's father.

The abyss has RADIATION POISONING. Explains the symptoms and how everyone in the place is such a nut, just like in Attack on Titan. Seriously, no one noticed Reg reaching out for that bottle to be suspicious? Even the customer?

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 9, 2018 7:51 AM

Dec 2015
Her mother was quite the legend. Maybe Riko can live up to her mother's fame.
joe_g7Aug 9, 2018 11:43 PM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 11, 2018 4:20 AM

May 2010
No idea how to feel about the op - I'd say I do like it, but I also feel like it could be something more than just a seiyuu song? Dunno, something more epic? @_@ The ending sequence on the other hand is just totally adorable, especially that little part with clapping hands!

Lyza seems like a cool hero and all that, by why would she basically tell her 12 years old daughter to go down there and find her? This feels sooo dangerous, almost impossible, and of course Riko is gonna listen to that anyway!
Oct 18, 2018 10:33 AM
Jan 2009
Everything about this world is so intriguing, from the curse of the abyss to Lyza's letters and to Reg's existence. Are there more like him? I like this a lot so far.
Feb 19, 2019 11:20 PM

Dec 2012
Maybe Reg is evil?!

Apr 7, 2019 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, she really checked his body when he was still sleeping.
May 24, 2019 2:33 PM
Apr 2016
Wow! This got interesting real quick, now I'm intrigued. Well, so they're around 12, why the fuck do they look like 7...is the author like a pedophile? Okay, their world is interesting as heck, I'm so so curious...
Aug 26, 2019 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
Bitch that's a lot of information to swallow. The first half is basically Reg adjusting to his new lifestyle at the orphanage and then boom! We learn that Riko has been cursed by the abyss. Homegirl is literally Made (born in this case) in Abyss lmfao. The worldbuilding has been really great so far. Things are picking up pretty fast and now we get some ambiguous letter from Lyza telling Riko to meet her at the depths of the Abyss and some new discoveries from their journey relating to Reg's existence. Things are getting a lot more interesting.
Oct 4, 2019 1:10 PM
Sep 2007
"His penis looks more like a real one" ...how does she knows?

And Reg officially joined the orphange. Luckily the guardian believed "his" story...

So, we've seen first mentions about Abyss' curse. And that Riko experienced one at birth. Things going to be interesting...
korsarzOct 4, 2019 4:57 PM
Oct 11, 2019 3:52 PM

Feb 2017

"He has a belly button, but I couldn't see inside his butthole."
Jan 14, 2020 5:30 PM
Dec 2019
Reg is a good boy, he's so powerful tho, he's the only who can really go deep in the abism.

[99/100]
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

771 by Frexitor »»
Jun 1, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

202 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2017

352 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

194 by RebornVongola1 »»
May 6, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

180 by eWEQRW123123 »»
Apr 19, 7:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.